• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
DaveK

I got divorced today.

4 hours ago, random said:

Sounds like propaganda.

WTF were they in Iraq for?  Fucking mercinaries trashing a country that had nothing to do with 9/11.  And almost the entire USA was too fucking stupid to join those two dots.

I feel sorry for you.  Whatever life you live, you must find something inside yourself incredibly lacking to have to fill it with this type of behavior.

2 hours ago, random said:

I'm stoked that you read it to find the spelling mistake, thanks so much!

Oh, and about merSINaries,  they were being paid right?  They were doing it for pay.  When you assemble an army to attack others who are not directly threatening your country, that is an appropriate term.  Stop paying them and see how long they are interested in fighting for Freedom.

All soldiers get paid you dipshit.

Here's a little education for you.

mercenary noun [ C ]

us /ˈmɜr·səˌner·i/

a soldier who fights for a foreign country or group for pay

1 hour ago, Grrr... said:

I feel sorry for you.  Whatever life you live, you must find something inside yourself incredibly lacking to have to fill it with this type of behavior.

There is something I'm badly lacking.  I have no capacity to believe the bullshit fed to the masses about US invasions of other countries.  They (US CITIZENS) are easily distracted by the "Support the Troops" mantra.  That's all it took.  Hey something shiny over there!

If you have some inside information to educate me about how the US invasion of Iraq made the US a safer place, let me have it.  Till then I say it made it more of a target than it was. The people of Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 and they had no WOMD.   But soldiers in Iraq are serving their country?

Mmmmmmm

I feel sorry for you that you believed that shit.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

59 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

All soldiers get paid you dipshit.

Here's a little education for you.

mercenary noun [ C ]

us /ˈmɜr·səˌner·i/

a soldier who fights for a foreign country or group for pay

I prefer MerSINary but you missed that.  Still, it's an interesting concept isn't it, no pay, no freedom fighting, no defending the country.

I didn't "miss" it, I ignored it as being merely a lame attempt at wit.

Your "interesting concept" doesn't even make sense.

26 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I didn't "miss" it, I ignored it as being merely a lame attempt at wit.

Your "interesting concept" doesn't even make sense.

It makes sense to me.  The concept that someone is not willing to risk their life for their country, unless they are paid to do it.  I find that interesting.

• Downvote 1

It makes sense to me.  The concept that someone is not willing to risk their life for their country, unless they are paid to do it.  I find that interesting.

You are really stuck on stupid.  I was in the Army and one of the reasons I joined was to give something back the the country and if necessary, give my life defending it.  Yes, I got paid.  I had a wife.  Later I had a child.  I spent 40-70 hours a week doing my duty.  I don't thing there was anything mercenary in my expecting to receive some kind of compensation so I could take care of myself and my family.  There was no internet when I joined the Army so it wasn't like I could start a Go Fund Me or Patreon page to support myself and my family during this time.  I can guarantee you nobody in the Military gets rich.  In terms of pay to responsibility, I got paid less to do more, in the Army than any other job I have ever had.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, random said:

If you have some inside information to educate me about how the US invasion of Iraq made the US a safer place, let me have it.

What a weird hijack for a divorce thread.

I agree with random. I don't think we're safer as a result of the Iraq war nor the ones we're currently fighting in Niger and Libya, among other places. I think we're less safe and poorer.

2 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

What a weird hijack for a divorce thread.

I agree with random. I don't think we're safer as a result of the Iraq war nor the ones we're currently fighting in Niger and Libya, among other places. I think we're less safe and poorer.

That all may be true. But he doesn't have to be such a cunt about it.

6 hours ago, random said:

You're an idiot. 

Its no surprise you don't understand. 

Go educate yourself about how much people are paid in the military. Pay close attention to the lower enlisted ranks pay structure. Then come back and report to us how the pay could possibly be a motivation for volunteering for most people. While it may look like good money to a moms basement dwelling burger flipper like yourself, most people would not consider the job based on the pay alone.

Would you ask people who volunteer to completely abandon their fiscal responsibilities?

You're an idiot.

I did make a lot more in the Navy as a volunteer than I did as a firefighter volunteer. Both served a purpose.

Back on topic, wife has been complaining lately that I don't let her finish her sentences, only allow her to do what I want to do, etc. Went online and set her up with the local abused women group for counseling. Hope it helps.

6 hours ago, bmiller said:

That all may be true. But he doesn't have to be such a cunt about it.

We have been talking about the criminal invasion of an entire country(s), the slaughter of 100's of thousands of innocent men women and children ... but don't be a cunt about it?

Incredible.

1 minute ago, random said:

We have been talking about the criminal invasion of an entire country(s), the slaughter of 100's of thousands of innocent men women and children ... but don't be a cunt about it?

Incredible.

No Randumbfuck, the cuntish part in my opinion is claiming that the soldiers are all mercenaries of some type that joined the military for other than (partly)altruistic reasons.  

You see, when you go in the military, you don't know if the next war will be a good one or a bad one.  So you just keep your head down and do as your told.  That's just how it works.    Today's military is all volunteer.  If a person is too stupid to contemplate that reality before they join, oh well.  Most people in the military know this risk and accept it. 

9 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

I agree with random. 

Said by no one ever.

44 minutes ago, soak_ed said:

No Randumbfuck, the cuntish part in my opinion is claiming that the soldiers are all mercenaries of some type that joined the military for other than (partly)altruistic reasons.  

You see, when you go in the military, you don't know if the next war will be a good one or a bad one.  So you just keep your head down and do as your told.  That's just how it works.    Today's military is all volunteer.  If a person is too stupid to contemplate that reality before they join, oh well.  Most people in the military know this risk and accept it. 

So they all "knew what he was getting into"?  Trump was right.

Seriously,  It's a professional decision often made for many with few other choices available.

But it's an interesting concept you have raised ... there are good wars and bad wars?

edit: the Serving your country thing is about as valid as you choosing to let people think your leg scars are from combat.

Why don't you just take it to PA. Twatwaffle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, random said:

So they all "knew what he was getting into"?  Trump was right.

Seriously,  It's a professional decision often made for many with few other choices available.

But it's an interesting concept you have raised ... there are good wars and bad wars?

edit: the Serving your country thing is about as valid as you choosing to let people think your leg scars are from combat.

Did you get stung by those wasps in your letterbox mate? Fair bit of sand in your vag today. 

2 hours ago, soak_ed said:

Oh and I forgot to mention ... when they return from Serving their County, they buy guns and join a Militia to defend themselves against their Country.

Hypocrisy at it's finest.  YCMTSU.

3 hours ago, random said:

You haven't figured that out?

You're dumber than people say you are.

WW II - good.

Viet Nam - bad

Gulf War - good.

Iraq war - bad

etc.

It's not really difficult to figure out.

For most of us anyway.

1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

You haven't figured that out?

You're dumber than people say you are.

WW II - good.

Viet Nam - bad

Gulf War - good.

Iraq war - bad

etc.

It's not really difficult to figure out.

For most of us anyway.

Which Gulf war? The one based on phoney WMD?

For those of us that have the cunt/twatwaffle on ignore, could you all kindly not quote him.

Thanks in advance.

WL

1 minute ago, White Lightnin' said:

For those of us that have the cunt/twatwaffle on ignore, could you all kindly not quote him.

Thanks in advance.

WL

Can you narrow that down a little? We have a few that fit that description. 

1 minute ago, mad said:

Can you narrow that down a little? We have a few that fit that description. 

:)

In this particular instance I would be referring to Randumb!

WL

1 hour ago, mad said:

Which Gulf war? The one based on phoney WMD?

There was only one Gulf War - the phony WMD one was the Iraq war.

7 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

If you're the Kuwaiti royal family, I suppose. Kept them rich and in power. What else did it accomplish?

Cheap oil!

7 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

If you're the Kuwaiti royal family, I suppose. Kept them rich and in power. What else did it accomplish?

Kuwait is best described as a family oil company with its own seat at the UN.

I had another family oil company owner in my office yesterday, and we agreed that what we really need is another round of $20/bbl oil prices to drive the private equity money out of here and let the family guys have a fighting chance at some of the leases.

OTOH, I just made a deal to sell a 3 year term assignment on a lease I bought in 1992 for $110/acre. The price of the assignment is $14,000/acre, to private equity guys.

9 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

If you were an ordinary Kuwaiti you might see it differently.

1 hour ago, soak_ed said:

Cheap oil!

Maybe, if you close one eye and look sideways ... We paid for that "cheap oil" with our tax dollars that went to bombs, aircraft, broken limbs, and broken lives.

Anyway, oil got cheaper with more domestic production, and that didn't cost us lives in some oil country. When U.S. drillers are pulling some 8 million barrels a day out of the ground, that's going to impact pricing.

Saying the Gulf War was only about oil is simple minded.

It was a hell of a lot more complex than that. That's why Canada and dozens of other countries joined in.

42 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Saying the Gulf War was only about oil is simple minded.

It was a hell of a lot more complex than that. That's why Canada and dozens of other countries joined in.

I knew I should have used the sarcasm font!

I was in the Army during that war.  I was stationed in Japan, I was the only one in my job there, so I figured if they pulled me to go to the Gulf, somebody would have to replace me which wouldn't make much sense.  It was good, because my daughter was born right in the middle of the brief combat phase of that war.  I was a little miffed because many people I knew were there and they all got a combat patch, combat service stripes, and cool ribbons and that gave them an edge in the all ready competitive promotion process.  The commanding general of the 1st Infantry Division awarded the Bronze Star medal to every soldier in the Division that was there*.  All other things being equal, usually combat service was enough to get the nod for promotion over someone that wasn't in a combat zone.

*The Bronze Star is awarded for meritorious service while in a combat zone.  A 'V' device is authorized to wear on the ribbon if awarded for 'valorous' service in combat.

4 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

I had another family oil company owner in my office yesterday, and we agreed that what we really need is another round of $20/bbl oil prices to drive the private equity money out of here and let the family guys have a fighting chance at some of the leases.

OTOH, I just made a deal to sell a 3 year term assignment on a lease I bought in 1992 for $110/acre. The price of the assignment is $14,000/acre, to private equity guys.

Drinks are on you then?

4 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

Nice!! 

30 minutes ago, soak_ed said:

I knew I should have used the sarcasm font!

I was in the Army during that war.  I was stationed in Japan, I was the only one in my job there, so I figured if they pulled me to go to the Gulf, somebody would have to replace me which wouldn't make much sense.  It was good, because my daughter was born right in the middle of the brief combat phase of that war.  I was a little miffed because many people I knew were there and they all got a combat patch, combat service stripes, and cool ribbons and that gave them an edge in the all ready competitive promotion process.  The commanding general of the 1st Infantry Division awarded the Bronze Star medal to every soldier in the Division that was there*.  All other things being equal, usually combat service was enough to get the nod for promotion over someone that wasn't in a combat zone.

*The Bronze Star is awarded for meritorious service while in a combat zone.  A 'V' device is authorized to wear on the ribbon if awarded for 'valorous' service in combat.

Nice, they get a medal/ribbon even if they never heard a shot fired.  Then they can show all their friends and families for decades to come and say "I don't want to talk about it".

18 minutes ago, random said:

Nice, they get a medal/ribbon even if they never heard a shot fired.  Then they can show all their friends and families for decades to come and say "I don't want to talk about it".

I really don't care what your opinion on military members is.  I served 2 different times in the Army and I never deployed to a combat zone.  I did work in mental health and also worked in the emergency room in a couple of hospitals, so I think I could claim my life was occasionally in danger and I sure saw enough blood and guts.  I am proud of my service and did it for many reasons, including a sense of duty to my country.

I have multiple large scars on both knees as a result of many surgeries in and after the Army.  If people ask, I respond the same way you wrote above, "The Army, I don't want to talk about it."  I am being entirely truthful.  After I enjoy the look on their face for a moment, I laugh and tell them I'm joking.

I can understand pacifists.  I cannot understand people like you that just loath anything about the military, especially for the many fine men and women that join for altruistic reasons.  Maybe the concept of service to something bigger than yourself is an alien concept to you.  But you are an odd duck anyway.

But you are an odd duck anyway.

Thanks, odd ducks are more interesting than sheep.

I was deployed to the Gulf War on one of the big grey boats.

I have no idea what you guys are arguing about. 

especially for the many fine men and women that join for altruistic reasons. 

Forgot about that gem.   Since WWII they have "joined" to invade a series of countries that posed no threat at all to the USA.  So they wanted to join to kill yellow and brown people?

What is altruistic about that?

• Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, random said:

Forgot about that gem.   Since WWII they have "joined" to invade a series of countries that posed no threat at all to the USA.  So they wanted to join to kill yellow and brown people?

I'm done Randumbfuck.  Go troll somewhere else.  Isn't there a new conspiracy  theory that needs looking in to?

10 minutes ago, soak_ed said:

I'm done Randumbfuck.  Go troll somewhere else.  Isn't there a new conspiracy  theory that needs looking in to?

But you know I'm right ... right?   You were there, brown people being killed who were not threatening the USA at all.

• Downvote 1

Christ you're a tiresome cunt Randumb.

Can't you focus your few remaining synapses on some absurd conspiracy instead of this?

If you all stop interacting with him and stop quoting him, he'll go away. Obviously not enough venom in PA lately so he is branching out. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SloopJonB said:
20 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

If you were an ordinary Kuwaiti you might see it differently.

How do you know how "ordinary" Kuwaiti's feel about their royals?

Regardless of the answer, I don't see their feelings as our military's business. But then, there are lots of things that I don't see as our military's business and most Americans seem to disagree, so I'm safely ignored on this one.

2 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

so I'm safely ignored on this one.

You're......

Naaahhh - too easy.

7 hours ago, Point Break said:

If you all stop interacting with him and stop quoting him, he'll go away. Obviously not enough venom in PA lately so he is branching out. 

The venom's still there PB. It's gotten nastier this last year or so.

That said, you're dead right. Randy's just a troll and is best just scrolled right on by.

7 hours ago, FillYourBoots said:

The venom's still there PB. It's gotten nastier this last year or so.

That said, you're dead right. Randy's just a troll and is best just scrolled right on by.

No, he's best ignored using the ignore function. It's really quite easy. Hover your cursor over his name, select "ignore user" and select all four checkboxes. Try it, it feels good!

21 hours ago, random said:
23 hours ago, soak_ed said:

especially for the many fine men and women that join for altruistic reasons. 

http://www.stonekettle.com/2017/11/veterans-day-2017.html

Still confused over what any of this has to do with divorce.

24 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

me too but:

"An important predictor to military service in the general population is family income. Those with lower family income are more likely to join the military than those with higher family income. Thus the military may indeed be a career option for those for whom there are few better opportunities." from: https://surface.syr.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1002&context=soc

and some counter point

"Moreover, both the lowest and highest parental income categories are under-represented" from: http://www.ifn.se/wfiles/wp/wp965.pdf

9 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

This has nothing to do with divorce of course, in the same way as your linked article (well written as it was) has little to do with the points I have been making.  It failed to address the that the culture of war since WWII has not been in defence of the citizens of the USA, as it is portrayed.

The change in the attitude to the 'warrior' referred to in the link has happened in Australia as well.  It is a post Vietnam program to gain mindless and total support for the 'warrior', regardless of who they are killing and it worked.  Brilliant in concept and stunning in execution.  Without that change the invasions of and attacks on defenceless countries would be electoral suicide. 

But I will take your hint.  It's done here.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, chester said:

" Thus the military may indeed be a career option for those for whom there are few better opportunities."

I still don't know what you are arguing about.

I grew up in a poor single-parent family.  No one I knew growing up had any post-secondary education.  I will always be thankful for all the Navy gave me (education, training, chance to travel, friends, etc.).  In return, I served my time and went to war. 

I signed up so I guess it was a fair trade. 

50 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

It was a misplaced post, and then developed into the well practiced SA art of hijacking. 

If there were any mods, maybe something would have happened about it. 

.......back to your regularly scheduled flinging poo at each other. 

Divorce...War...Both a failure of diplomacy.

I get along better with my ex wife now than I did for the last 6 years of our marriage. Sure cost me a lot though.

Divorce is easy to avoid - one must simply comprehend the meaning of SWMBO and practice it.

Voila - happy and peaceful life. :D

18 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Divorce is easy to avoid - one must simply comprehend the meaning of SWMBO and practice it.

Voila - happy and peaceful life  don't get married. :D

Edited for clarity and brevity.

Mine came down with mental issues she refused to recognize and got violent whenever I approached the subject.

A guy can only be attacked by so much kitchenware until enough is enough.

On 10/11/2017 at 8:48 AM, soak_ed said:

I think it's the pollen that sets him off this time of year. And this weird thing he has for 'brown people'. Cree peee.

On 11/11/2017 at 10:50 AM, SloopJonB said:

She doesn't have to always be obeyed, she shouldn't always be obeyed. She doesn't even need to be loved all the time, we are all humans after all. But she must always to be respected. Respected as the potential blood-ripping wild beast that all females can be, and respected as the super-apex predator that she is.

Around other women, they will find their social order, and your woman may be at the bottom of one group, and at the top of another. But around their man, even that alluring little mousy brunette with the soft voice is no less an apex-predator than a supermodel with a dagger in her hand. If you respect the power that she holds, you may not always have happiness or peace, you may not even stay married forever, but you will be able to sleep at night.

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

I think it's the pollen that sets him off this time of year. And this weird thing he has for 'brown people'. Cree peee.

He's asking an interesting question, his observation about "total support for the 'warrior'" seems at least somewhat applicable. We have an obligation to our warriors to critique them when critique is warranted. These people are not caricatures of humanity, I suspect that very few of them want to be caricatures. They are more often thinking adults, who have lives and ideas beyond their service. If we can't speak to them as friends, as adversaries in a debate, or as guides to what we don't understand, then we're doing them a disservice, we're not partnering with them in their own quests for humanity while they work in a damned difficult position.

9 hours ago, mikewof said:

He's asking an interesting question, his observation about "total support for the 'warrior'" seems at least somewhat applicable. We have an obligation to our warriors to critique them when critique is warranted. These people are not caricatures of humanity, I suspect that very few of them want to be caricatures. They are more often thinking adults, who have lives and ideas beyond their service. If we can't speak to them as friends, as adversaries in a debate, or as guides to what we don't understand, then we're doing them a disservice, we're not partnering with them in their own quests for humanity while they work in a damned difficult position.

Well.............two things.

#1 what you wrote is essentially correct and part of the reason the military is governed by non-military leaders by purposeful design. In all of the military leadership doctrine the concept of civilian policy makers is taught as a cornerstone of our approach to national defense and governance of that function. Further and more broadly, no service - no matter how difficult, police, fire, EMS, military - should be above scrutiny simply because it is a difficult undertaking or those tasks are undertaken with the best motivations. However, that scrutiny has to be tempered with an understanding of the operational environment while at the same time ensuring that understanding cannot become a perpetual excuse machine. Its a difficult balance to achieve. 

#2 that isn't randummys motivation.

39 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Well.............two things.

#1 what you wrote is essentially correct and part of the reason the military is governed by non-military leaders by purposeful design. In all of the military leadership doctrine the concept of civilian policy makers is taught as a cornerstone of our approach to national defense and governance of that function. Further and more broadly, no service - no matter how difficult, police, fire, EMS, military - should be above scrutiny simply because it is a difficult undertaking or those tasks are undertaken with the best motivations. However, that scrutiny has to be tempered with an understanding of the operational environment while at the same time ensuring that understanding cannot become a perpetual excuse machine. Its a difficult balance to achieve. 

#2 that isn't randummys motivation.

Let me phrase this another way.  At the time of Vietnam, the voting population were very informed about the carriage and aims of the war.  They decided it was not what the country should be doing.  So governments all over the world including Australia decided they needed to disconnect the people from the war itself so that backlashes like that never happen again.  "Support the Troops" is the mantra and anyone who even questions why the war is being waged is not supporting the troops by implication, and therefore are not Patriotic.

The brainwashing is extreme and complete.

So fast forward from 1972 to  2003.  By that time the government was so on control of people what people thought that they could invaded an innocent country and everyone thought it was a great idea... repeat after me ....  "we have to support the troops".  I suspect only those who were protesting at the time of the Vietnam war even questioned why the fuck they had to do over Iraq at the time.  They had done nothing other than sell oil for Euros.

So don't think about the killing .. repeat after me ....  "we have to support the troops" "we have to support the troops""we have to support the troops"

8 minutes ago, random said:

Let me phrase this another way.  At the time of Vietnam, the voting population were very informed about the carriage and aims of the war.  They decided it was not what the country should be doing.  So governments all over the world including Australia decided they needed to disconnect the people from the war itself so that backlashes like that never happen again.  "Support the Troops" is the mantra and anyone who even questions why the war is being waged is not supporting the troops by implication, and therefore are not Patriotic.

The brainwashing is extreme and complete.

So fast forward from 1972 to  2003.  By that time the government was so on control of people what people thought that they could invaded an innocent country and everyone thought it was a great idea... repeat after me ....  "we have to support the troops".  I suspect only those who were protesting at the time of the Vietnam war even questioned why the fuck they had to do over Iraq at the time.  They had done nothing other than sell oil for Euros.

So don't think about the killing .. repeat after me ....  "we have to support the troops" "we have to support the troops""we have to support the troops"

I hate engaging with Random but I feel compelled to comment anyway.  I was in the Army the first time during the Viet Nam war and the second time during the first Gulf War, so I feel I have a good perspective on the issue. 

During the Viet Nam war, because of the draft, the length of the war, and the questionable reasons for our being there, as the war went on, public opinion gradually turned against it.  There is no doubt Viet Nam veterans were at best forgotten and at worst abused for being in the military, even though a lot of them were drafted.  

During the 1st Gulf War, people remembered the disservice to the Viet Nam vets who were just doing what they had to.  The PUBLIC, not the government took it upon themselves to trip over each other to make up for the treatment of the Viet Nam vets.  The whole thing snowballed and it became 'the thing to do' to thank military and give them free shit, which was kind of nice if not a little embarrassing.  

The bottom line is it wasn't a nefarious plot by the government to 'brainwash' the public into supporting the military, it was something that people started and it just went from there.  I personally don't like it while I appreciate the sentiment.  To me it smacks of slacktivism, I would be much happier if people used their brains when they vote. That to me would show real respect for our military.  I usually just don't mention that I am a vet unless it is germane to the conversation.  Or if I can get free stuff.  I am always very clear about the fact that I never served in a combat zone.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soak_ed said:

The bottom line is it wasn't a nefarious plot by the government to 'brainwash' the public into supporting the military, it was something that people started

Sure, sure they did.  That's how it works ed.

On 11/11/2017 at 5:23 PM, austin1972 said:

Divorce...War...Both a failure of diplomacy.

I get along better with my ex wife now than I did for the last 6 years of our marriage. Sure cost me a lot though.

I get along a lot better with mine the last 18 months, 9 conversations max helps. 

On 11/11/2017 at 5:50 PM, SloopJonB said:

Fuck that shit!!

Thats not even close to funny <_<

My estranged wife and I have decided that we get along much better if we each live in different places.  So right now the divorce has been postponed.  We see each other pretty regularly, she comes by in the afternoon to warm up her lunch during school breaks.  I sing in her choir.  I go to the house on occasion, I had my birthday party there a couple of weeks ago, but I never sleep there.    We'll see what the future brings.

On 11/11/2017 at 6:42 PM, austin1972 said:

Mine came down with mental issues she refused to recognize and got violent whenever I approached the subject.

A guy can only be attacked by so much kitchenware until enough is enough.

It’s truly shit when you’ve tried everything and get it thrown (literally) back in your face. 

3 hours ago, random said:

Sure, sure they did.  That's how it works ed.

I didn't really think it possible but you continue to get dumber with every post.

4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I didn't really think it possible but you continue to get dumber with every post.

And you continue to attack the poster because his argument messed with your brain.  You got nothing.  Go back to chanting the mantra.

My heart goes out to you guys, truly. My marriage is the best part of my life. I met her in college, we started dating when she was 19, I was 20. I'm 63 now, and she's still everything to me.

I know that if I had left college without her, the next guy to date her would have spent the rest of his life thanking the dumbass who had a beautiful, smart, funny angel and let her go.

She's very much been my good luck charm. Until her I'd had a little bit of a rough ride. Since she came along I've been truly blessed.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, random said:

And you continue to attack the poster because his argument messed with your brain. 

:lol:

Well, at least you have a sense of humour.

5 minutes ago, Cruisin Loser said:

My heart goes out to you guys, truly. My marriage is the best part of my life. I met her in college, we started dating when she was 19, I was 20. I'm 63 now, and she's still everything to me.

I know that if I had left college without her, the next guy to date her would have spent the rest of his life thanking the dumbass who had a beautiful, smart, funny angel and let her go.

She's very much been my good luck charm. Until her I'd had a little bit of a rough ride. Since she came along I've been truly blessed.

My sister has been married for 48 years.  She met her husband in college, got married their junior year, finished school and went to work.  They were in the Peace Corps an also lived and worked in other countries.  Now they are enjoying their comfortable retirement.  Of course they have worked hard at their marriage but my sister willingly admits that a lot of it is just being lucky enough to meet the right person.

2 hours ago, soak_ed said:
2 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

My sister has been married for 48 years.  She met her husband in college, got married their junior year, finished school and went to work.  They were in the Peace Corps an also lived and worked in other countries.  Now they are enjoying their comfortable retirement.  Of course they have worked hard at their marriage but my sister willingly admits that a lot of it is just being lucky enough to meet the right person.

That's a big factor...though you do choose who you marry, ultimately.

I also met my wife in college. We started dating seriously in the fall of our senior year; she bought me my first legal drink. That was 30 years ago... I don't know where I'd be without her.

And she was nuts enough to take off sailing with me.

17 hours ago, Cruisin Loser said:

Good to hear a positive story about marriage. 

Many more happy years to you both 

My wife & I met in '79 on my first day on a new job. The office was staffed almost entirely by women and unbeknownst to me the woman who hired me had later gone into the lunchroom and announced that she had "hired a really cute guy for you". Apparently a certain amount of jockeying had then ensued.

Anyway, on my first day they weren't ready for me so I was given "The Manual" and a desk in the admin area. I was sitting there with my feet up on the desk reading it when my wife to be came strolling in - high heels, long legs, tight red knit dress, strawberry blond Farrah Fawcett hair and a Playboy Bunny necklace. She flashed me a big smile and at that exact instant my chair went out from under me and dropped me on my ass on the floor. :D

We've been together for more than 37 years.

• Like 1