• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
bayboy

RIP Roger Hickman

Another sad passing in the yachting world with Roger Hickman passing away over night condolences to the family and friends, and will be a much missed by all.....

Roger will be missed as he leaves a huge hole. One of the few gentlemen on the water and a top bloke off. Had the pleasure of his company [read drinks] on far too many an occasion.

His love for his boat had to be seen, almost infectious, especially when tinkering.

We'll raise one for you Roger, Cheers.

Jezus - that happened quickly.

Condolences to family and friends

Was he sick?

Jezus - that happened quickly.

Condolences to family and friends

Was he sick?

Fell ill after Hobart.

Wow, sad news indeed.

Condolences to friends and family.

He was a great character and always a kind word for everyone.

Had the pleasure of sailing with him a few times.

Aust Day Botany Race many years ago now, was an eye opener how a good race crew worked together.

Easy to see why he was successful.

RIP

My sympathies to his family and crew of Wild Rose.

The loss of a perfect Gentleman.

Fair Winds Roger

Even here in Seppo land we've heard of him and I'd developed a great respect for the man. Very sad. Lots of love coming from the north.

Very sad. Thoughts are with his family and many friends.

A tough competitor who had kind words for all who met him.

HIcko, you will be sadly missed. Sail well.

From finishing in Hobart , then treatment and not being able to sail Wild Rose home , the last month certainly puts

the hardship after the change coming through in the race into perspective. Here's to Hicko!

Here's to Sal!

Sail on Wild Roses !!

One of the greatest seamen I've ever had the privilege to sail with, (even if he could be a little excitable & intense at times), you could rely on Roger & the Old Goat to not only get you there but to finish well.

People talk about his love for the boat, what some of you don't know is she loved him right back.

Remember Hicko, in heaven it's #3 weather every day!

TUBBY

CY should look at some Roger Hickman Perpetual Trophy for good sportsmanship or something that will respect Rogers memory.

I would be very happy to have my name on the 'Roger Hickman Trophy'.

Gutted. Liked Roger a lot, buckets of character, awesome yachtsman and generally nice guy. Monster loss

Yeah... well said..... no words

i gave my condolences in another thread i started not knowing this one was started. now, can someone tell me what boat is that behind Roger in that interview on the front page?

i gave my condolences in another thread i started not knowing this one was started. now, can someone tell me what boat is that behind Roger in that interview on the front page?

Senna - A Benneteau First 45

Senna - A Benneteau First 45

thank you.

Sad news...condolences to the Hickman family ,he is known as a real character of sailing.

Fair winds.

Huge impact on those who had anything to do with him.! Larger than life character with a true love for sailing. Condolences to his family. RIP Roger.

I enjoyed ocean racing with Roger about 4 times.

The races I did with Roger, I iearn't something new each time.

I'll never forget the the emotion we all felt when we realized that Roger had set free Sal's ash's.

We were sailing past the Freycinet Peninsula and were surrounded by dolphins. We were still racing but not for a while.

When we got back into it we found ourselves a bit too close to the Tassie coast but we didn't stress too much.

Hicko was that good to sail with.

Well Sailed Hicko!

Regards

Murf

She is still in the RYCT marina.

A few crew are in Hobart at the moment, due to leave for Sydney tomorrow or Wed on the back of the front.