• Announcements

    • UnderDawg

      A Few Simple Rules   05/22/2017

      Sailing Anarchy is a very lightly moderated site. This is by design, to afford a more free atmosphere for discussion. There are plenty of sailing forums you can go to where swearing isn't allowed, confrontation is squelched and, and you can have a moderator finger-wag at you for your attitude. SA tries to avoid that and allow for more adult behavior without moderators editing your posts and whacking knuckles with rulers. We don't have a long list of published "thou shalt nots" either, and this is by design. Too many absolute rules paints us into too many corners. So check the Terms of Service - there IS language there about certain types of behavior that is not permitted. We interpret that lightly and permit a lot of latitude, but we DO reserve the right to take action when something is too extreme to tolerate (too racist, graphic, violent, misogynistic, etc.). Yes, that is subjective, but it allows us discretion. Avoiding a laundry list of rules allows for freedom; don't abuse it. However there ARE a few basic rules that will earn you a suspension, and apparently a brief refresher is in order. 1) Allegations of pedophilia - there is no tolerance for this. So if you make allegations, jokes, innuendo or suggestions about child molestation, child pornography, abuse or inappropriate behavior with minors etc. about someone on this board you will get a time out. This is pretty much automatic; this behavior can have real world effect and is not acceptable. Obviously the subject is not banned when discussion of it is apropos, e.g. talking about an item in the news for instance. But allegations or references directed at or about another poster is verboten. 2) Outing people - providing real world identifiable information about users on the forums who prefer to remain anonymous. Yes, some of us post with our real names - not a problem to use them. However many do NOT, and if you find out someone's name keep it to yourself, first or last. This also goes for other identifying information too - employer information etc. You don't need too many pieces of data to figure out who someone really is these days. Depending on severity you might get anything from a scolding to a suspension - so don't do it. I know it can be confusing sometimes for newcomers, as SA has been around almost twenty years and there are some people that throw their real names around and their current Display Name may not match the name they have out in the public. But if in doubt, you don't want to accidentally out some one so use caution, even if it's a personal friend of yours in real life. 3) Posting While Suspended - If you've earned a timeout (these are fairly rare and hard to get), please observe the suspension. If you create a new account (a "Sock Puppet") and return to the forums to post with it before your suspension is up you WILL get more time added to your original suspension and lose your Socks. This behavior may result a permanent ban, since it shows you have zero respect for the few rules we have and the moderating team that is tasked with supporting them. Check the Terms of Service you agreed to; they apply to the individual agreeing, not the account you created, so don't try to Sea Lawyer us if you get caught. Just don't do it. Those are the three that will almost certainly get you into some trouble. IF YOU SEE SOMEONE DO ONE OF THESE THINGS, please do the following: Refrain from quoting the offending text, it makes the thread cleanup a pain in the rear Press the Report button; it is by far the best way to notify Admins as we will get e-mails. Calling out for Admins in the middle of threads, sending us PM's, etc. - there is no guarantee we will get those in a timely fashion. There are multiple Moderators in multiple time zones around the world, and anyone one of us can handle the Report and all of us will be notified about it. But if you PM one Mod directly and he's off line, the problem will get dealt with much more slowly. Other behaviors that you might want to think twice before doing include: Intentionally disrupting threads and discussions repeatedly. Off topic/content free trolling in threads to disrupt dialog Stalking users around the forums with the intent to disrupt content and discussion Repeated posting of overly graphic or scatological porn content. There are plenty web sites for you to get your freak on, don't do it here. And a brief note to Newbies... No, we will not ban people or censor them for dropping F-bombs on you, using foul language, etc. so please don't report it when one of our members gives you a greeting you may find shocking. We do our best not to censor content here and playing swearword police is not in our job descriptions. Sailing Anarchy is more like a bar than a classroom, so handle it like you would meeting someone a little coarse - don't look for the teacher. Thanks.
IStream

Origami Boat Thread

13,879 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Sorry, read it as *hundreds of thousands*.

You want to argue they're fragile WRT pollution, no argument from me. Mechanical damage, I don't agree. I've been there after a cyclone has hit & looked at the damage. It gets rebuilt pretty quickly.

FKT

I figured you read it that way.

I've dived before and after hurricanes.  Reefs get devastated from surge, silt, etc.  Some don't grow back.

I've seen huge brain coral demolished by anchors.  I don't know how long it takes for a 10' diameter specimen to repair itself.  But it probably takes longer to recover from the Brent fleet of bumper boats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Brent Swain said:

Without me, the only source of information here would come from people who have absolutely zero experience in the topic of this thread, which would screw up a lot of people, with  such misleading disinformation.

From what I can tell nobody here gives a shit about your information. I think it's just sport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Brent Swain said:

I have been flown halfway across the continent, several  times, for my expertise in getting things done, in a fraction the time of anyone else, and better done, due to my experience in using the product . All considered it a wise investment , saving them a huge amount of time and money.

Has that ever happened to you?

Not a big deal Brent, some of us have been flown to other continents to get shit done.  Probably most of us.  1/2 way across the country is nothing to crow about.  Heck, ask Bob how many times he was in Taiwan...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lark said:

Profound,  have you been studying zen?

I think it was an attempt at Haiku.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brent Swain said:

When I asked several friends if they ever visit this site, they said, "I have no time for any site Bob Perry has sabotaged .As soon as I see his name, my interest in it dies immediately."

I wonder how many  people feel the same, and avoid any site with his name  on it. Those without are far more useful, and far less confrontational ,with  a far better exchange of info ( like the origami boats site).

Yeah, Brent,  you've got 'friends'.    Sure you do.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brent Swain said:

When I asked several friends if they ever visit this site, they said, "I have no time for any site Bob Perry has sabotaged .As soon as I see his name, my interest in it dies immediately."

You really have no idea how stupid that makes you sound do you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whisper said:

Straight to the bottom?

Or the nearest reef.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whisper said:

Straight to the bottom?

Or the nearest reef.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

You really have no idea how stupid that makes you sound do you?

I'm sure BS doesn't realize how stupid he sounds. Being the smartest guy on the Comox mudflat is a pretty low standard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Or the nearest reef.

Which IS the bottom when you're perched on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bob Perry said:

Will Porter and I am making the perfect spaghetti Bolognese tonight.

I'll be right over.  Which vino would you like me to bring?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that I have BS turned off, this is even more a theater of the absurd.
Too bad I already ate dinner. I'd take the concorde to Everett to crash that dinner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sculpin said:

Not a big deal Brent, some of us have been flown to other continents to get shit done.  Probably most of us.  1/2 way across the country is nothing to crow about.  Heck, ask Bob how many times he was in Taiwan...

Halfway across the continent?  Was somebody building a BS boat in Manitoba?  Was it a corn field or a wheat field?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sculpin said:

Not a big deal Brent, some of us have been flown to other continents to get shit done.  Probably most of us.  1/2 way across the country is nothing to crow about.  Heck, ask Bob how many times he was in Taiwan...

I wonder if Brent got flown in ruling class?

Actually, that's a dumb idea - they wouldn't let him in if he tried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, fastyacht said:

Now that I have BS turned off, this is even more a theater of the absurd.
 

A variation on the sound of one hand clapping?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brent Swain said:

When I asked several friends if they ever visit this site, they said, "I have no time for any site Bob Perry has sabotaged .As soon as I see his name, my interest in it dies immediately."

I wonder how many  people feel the same, and avoid any site with his name  on it. Those without are far more useful, and far less confrontational ,with  a far better exchange of info ( like the origami boats site).

Says the man who has been kicked out of most sailing forums.

And if Brent had posted here some of the crap that he has posted elsewhere, he would have been kicked out of Sailing Anarchy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brent Swain said:

Just taught a couple more people how to  weld. I told them "You can find some of the most skillful welders in steel shops, who are, in any other way,  definitely not the sharpest tools in the shed. If they can do it, you can ."

They picked it  up quickly.

How dare you insult welders, this has just gone too far. Who is next, sail makers? Well ok, go ahead they are fair game.

I wouldn't trust you with a glue gun and you think are qualified to teach. You are the joke that everyone is laughing about and an embarrassment to those that know who you are.

Get lost...seriously Brent. Fuck Off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brent Swain said:

When I asked several friends if they ever visit this site, they said, "I have no time for any site Bob Perry has sabotaged .As soon as I see his name, my interest in it dies immediately."

I wonder how many  people feel the same, and avoid any site with his name  on it. Those without are far more useful, and far less confrontational ,with  a far better exchange of info ( like the origami boats site).

You don't have any friends Brent. And all you need to do is look at Bob's threads on the various forums and social media channels, then look at your own origami boats site to see that your above premise is completely wrong. Hell, even the people on your own site ignore you! Like I said, the only friends you have are the voices in your head. And that makes me sad. It really does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Whisper said:

Straight to the bottom?

That's VMG for a BS Yacht.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Quite a few of us know that - I built pretty much all the fittings for my boat including the masts.

What *YOU* don't get is the money value of time, that because your time and its work output is pretty much valueless. Most of us get paid a fair amount of money to do stuff we like doing. Playing with boats is the icing, not the cake. I could make Wichard type D rings but I bought them. Making one might have been entertaining for the challenge, making 14 would just be a PITA and it's not like I could actually make them *better* than the bought ones.

Some things are worth paying for.

FKT

To understand this concept you have to take BS' argument on the other side of this coin. He says that building one of his boats gives the builder all the experience necessary to gain "journeyman's wages" for steel fabrication.

So what does that really mean? Well, in Brent's world, "journeyman's wages" means exactly $0 per hour as he clearly maintains. And, if you look at his fabrication work, that's precisely what his skill/epertise is worth.

So he's right. In the world of Brent Swain, "journeyman's wages" = $0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brent Swain said:

I have been flown halfway across the continent, several  times, for my expertise in getting things done, in a fraction the time of anyone else, and better done, due to my experience in using the product . All considered it a wise investment , saving them a huge amount of time and money.

Has that ever happened to you?

Yet you refuse to help a customer that your very boat design crippled? Jeez what a douchebag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brent Swain said:

I have been flown halfway across the continent, several  times, for my expertise in getting things done, in a fraction the time of anyone else, and better done, due to my experience in using the product . All considered it a wise investment , saving them a huge amount of time and money.

Has that ever happened to you?

Routinely. For which I charged about $1,500/day plus T & E. That was 15 years ago though, so I'd charge more now.

What's your point? You are bragging about being flown to do what, exactly? Consult "halfway across the continent" on an ocean going boat being built 1,000 miles from the sea? Slight whiff of bullshit about that one.

And we've seen your candle-wax welds. Only someone that has never welded and never looked at a quality weld up close thinks you have much to teach. Nevermind being an arrogant asshat by adding welders to yet another group of people with more skills that you have that you can't understand, so you denigrate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brent Swain said:

I have been flown halfway across the continent, several  times, for my expertise in getting things done, in a fraction the time of anyone else, and better done, due to my experience in using the product . All considered it a wise investment , saving them a huge amount of time and money.

Has that ever happened to you?

Yes. Multiple times a year. So have many professionals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Brent Swain said:

Some "Engineering!"

So there is BS with the "engineering" again. 

I said earlier that only licensed professionals can offer engineering to the public and only licensed professionals can call themselves engineers.

I will ask again:  are your boats "engineered"?  Are you practising "engineering"? 

I will help you out:  here is link to the BC engineering regulatory authority:  https://www.apeg.bc.ca/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actualy most engineers are not licensed PE but they *are* engineers and do practice engineering--legally. They work for companies that make stuff. That isn't regulated by engineering licensure but by product liability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Australia, at least, a chartered engineer has to sign off on everything a non-chartered engineer does. Chartered status is not terribly hard to achieve, provided you are working at an appropriate level of responsibility, and you are willing to take on the liability, but that liability is a long term deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"halfway across the continent" Really? I actually believe you for once. I do not believe the "several times". You flew once.

I've flown half way around the world on my own projects so many times I can't even begin to count the trips. I;d have to go through my passport collection. But I never flown "half way across the continent", That would put me in either: 

North Dakota

South Dakota

Nebraska

Kansas.

None of those places are yotting hubs. I'm sure they are nice places.

I have flown to Texas a few times but that's more than half way. Lots of yotting in Texas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2016 at 10:44 AM, Simon75 said:

i suspect you will have to convince Bob to post here or BS will just keep poluting Bob's project thread.

on the other hand, BS will just keep poluting Bob's project thread so nothing is gained here unless someone really is interested in discussing Origami, which - given the state of the original forum - does not appear to be the case so much.

Hey Brent, this is post #3.

Nothing has changed and you haven't cruised since this thread started...

In a boat that you built in 1month with scrapyard materials, SINGLEHANDED, for a grand total of $6,000 CND. 

Buy a bus ticket and cruise on over and help that guy finish his boat. It should only take YOU a couple of days at the most and you can use his internet connection to post photos of the progress and the smile of satisfaction on your face for actually doing something for someone else. 

Or, just keep posting here. But please leave Bob's threads for the rest of us.

I promise to come here and bash you a little every day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sail4beer said:
On 3/17/2016 at 0:44 AM, Simon75 said:

i suspect you will have to convince Bob to post here or BS will just keep poluting Bob's project thread.

on the other hand, BS will just keep poluting Bob's project thread so nothing is gained here unless someone really is interested in discussing Origami, which - given the state of the original forum - does not appear to be the case so much.

Hey Brent, this is post #3.

Nothing has changed and you haven't cruised since this thread started...

In a boat that you built in 1month with scrapyard materials, SINGLEHANDED, for a grand total of $6,000 CND. 

Buy a bus ticket and cruise on over and help that guy finish his boat. It should only take YOU a couple of days at the most and you can use his internet connection to post photos of the progress and the smile of satisfaction on your face for actually doing something for someone else. 

Or, just keep posting here. But please leave Bob's threads for the rest of us.

I promise to come here and bash you a little every day

Amazing how Brent's behavior and M.O. are so well known from all the other forums he's been kicked off of that someone can call the run of this thread on the third post.

What a strange, sad, little man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

"I promise to come here and bash you a little every day"

Now that is funny.

I don't mind BS polluting other threads. I don't see any thread as "my thread". BS is funny and entertaining. I miss him when he's gone.

I'm not keen on his constant lying but I'm sure now that it's pathological and he is not even aware he lies so much. Safe to say most here no the difference and he gets  called on it with regularity. He is simply oblivious to anything outside his little circle of experience. He has no capacity to learn anything new. I don't think this is choice he makes consciously. I think it is a mental condition he was born with.

My Australian Grandma "Muddy" used to tell me "Don't mock the afflicted."

Come on Muddy, just this once?

Imagine the sour taste BS gets in his mouth when he see things like this:

A thing of beauty is a joy forever!

Bab 40 PH blue anchor

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd give you my last dead vegetable paper currency plus the dead vegetable shirt off my back to have a fine yacht like that with bulwarks as high as my ankle...

But alas, I am stuck with my own dead vegetable boat for now as you know

We have a guy around here who refuses to lose any argument that he starts on land or when racing. He wanted to join our club and we blackballed him from membership at our club and it's all 300 of us that are wrong-not him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice sunny day and what are Will and I doing? Playing with hull shapes on the computer.

Will mounted my birthday present from the yard, the carbon tiler plaque for me.

happywill

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phaedo3 is in our marina.  Her non-race record from San Pedro to Honolulu (Transpac route) a few months ago was 3 days, 16 hours, 52 minutes and 3 seconds.  Their official race time this week was 4 days, 9 hours, 30 minutes and 36 seconds.  They were about 3 hours behind the leader.

That's what they get for sailing a plastic boat.  A Brent-engineered origami boat would have gotten them here much faster.  After all, their VMG over 2,250 nm was only about 22 kts.

IMG_3856.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do cruise ships get there that fast?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Do cruise ships get there that fast?

Good question.

Bob, Mr. LaFitte and I are about to throw the lines off and go for a joy ride.  Michelle and Melissa are on the lookout so we don't get caught.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like fun Whisper. Mr. Lafitte is a very good sailor. I'd like to know what he thinks of your boat.

Say hi to Georgie for me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, bmiller said:

From what I can tell nobody here gives a shit about your information. I think it's just sport.

Like, in terms of knowledge, and hands on experience, you guys are like the  chihuahua yapping at the rotweiler from behind the safety of a fence .( cowardly sport for the chihuahuas.)

I get a lot of thanks in  emails and face to face meetings, with  cruisers who have no interest in being mobbed on line by the cowardly half wits they would find here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The three weeker,  marina queens are finally starting to show up here. Six weeks left before they go back to work, to pay for the cosmetic priorities they wasted the rest of the year on embellishing, to  "Impress"us full time  cruisers( which we all get a great laugh out of).LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Whisper said:

Phaedo3 is in our marina.  Her non-race record from San Pedro to Honolulu (Transpac route) a few months ago was 3 days, 16 hours, 52 minutes and 3 seconds.  Their official race time this week was 4 days, 9 hours, 30 minutes and 36 seconds.  They were about 3 hours behind the leader.

That's what they get for sailing a plastic boat.  A Brent-engineered origami boat would have gotten them here much faster.  After all, their VMG over 2,250 nm was only about 22 kts.

IMG_3856.JPG

Don't think  would enjoy a BC winter living on that contraption, let alone the 33 years I have lived on my current boat ,mostly in BC, year round .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bob Perry said:

Nice sunny day and what are Will and I doing? Playing with hull shapes on the computer.

Will mounted my birthday present from the yard, the carbon tiler plaque for me.

happywill

 

I'd rather be sailing ,hunting , fishing , diving , etc etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Brent Swain said:

I'd rather be sailing ,hunting , fishing , diving , etc etc.

Of course BS and that's a good thing because you are not and never will be a yot designer BS. You're better off hanging around in coffee shops and public pools. Leave the yot design to those with experience in the field.

Paint

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

Hey Brent, this is post #3.

Nothing has changed and you haven't cruised since this thread started...

In a boat that you built in 1month with scrapyard materials, SINGLEHANDED, for a grand total of $6,000 CND. 

Buy a bus ticket and cruise on over and help that guy finish his boat. It should only take YOU a couple of days at the most and you can use his internet connection to post photos of the progress and the smile of satisfaction on your face for actually doing something for someone else. 

Or, just keep posting here. But please leave Bob's threads for the rest of us.

I promise to come here and bash you a little every day

You men the way Bob  sticks to his threads  and doesnt  sabotage a subject he knows nothing  about?

Ya sure, the guy who claims I amd5 ft5 and 145 lbs and calls  ME a liar.

I would love to stick to origami, but Bob and Smack  won't allow that,and leaving their bullshit disinformation unchallenged would mislead anyone with  an interest in the subject. 

Bob, claiming to  be a guru on all matters nautical ( with  no hands on experience) cant have something he knows nothing  about ,progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

That's VMG for a BS Yacht.

Velocity Made by Gravity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brent Swain said:

Don't think  would enjoy a BC winter living on that contraption, let alone the 33 years I have lived on my current boat ,mostly in BC, year round .

And there you go again.  Earth to Brent:  NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO PARK ON A BC MUDFLAT FOR 33 WINTERS!  In fact, I know none would would tolerate that.

Some people have diverse interests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bob Perry said:

Sounds like fun Whisper. Mr. Lafitte is a very good sailor. I'd like to know what he thinks of your boat.

Say hi to Georgie for me.

 

He's been on Star a couple times and he approved.  But it was Phaedo3 I was scheming to swipe for a joy ride.  Our new mains'l won't be here until next month.  The old one went in the trash after North salvaged the hardware for the new sail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bob Perry said:

Earth to BS "ORIGAMI IS DEAD!"

Bob, it's delivered as:

404 error 

undeliverable fatal error

repeat code 

My brother was Border Patrol.

They always said "See you tomorrow amigo!" And they weren't kidding either

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brent Swain said:

Don't think  would enjoy a BC winter living on that contraption, let alone the 33 years I have lived on my current boat ,mostly in BC, year round .

One of your more idiotic posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brent Swain said:

I'd rather be sailing ,hunting , fishing , diving , etc etc.

Instead you are in a coffee shop mooching WiFi to post here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brent Swain said:

Don't think  would enjoy a BC winter living on that contraption, let alone the 33 years I have lived on my current boat ,mostly in BC, year round .

I don't think any of the MOD70 trimarans are liveaboards, Brent. Try spending 30 seconds googling before you post - you might learn something.

But please, continue to talk about things you have no clue about, like engineering, structures, - or one of the fastest sailing multihulls in the world

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brent Swain said:

I would love to stick to origami, but Bob and Smack  won't allow that,and leaving their bullshit disinformation unchallenged would mislead anyone with  an interest in the subject.

Brent, stop using my name. You don't have the intellect, integrity, or ability to handle calling me out. That's been well proven.

I no longer have an interest in you. You're simply a 4'-6" clown who is imprisoned on a rusty, smelly, misshapen, tube of steel. So piss off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My buddy Tom Larden in Denmark has just updated my web site. Make Tom happy and please check it out.

www.perryboat.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Bob Perry said:

My buddy Tom Larden in Denmark has just updated my web site. Make Tom happy and please check it out.

www.perryboat.com

Great Website Bob. Was actually fun to read through it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dibbles:

 Tom does a great job with it. He has never made a web site before. But we are old pals and he has an encyclopedic knowledge of my work. Better than I have.

I am sorry that he moved back to Denmark. He would come to the shack each year, spend a week then go to the Perry Rendezvous. But ime rambles on and situations change.

I don't like change.

Tom follows CS but he almost never posts.

 

Come on Tom,,,damn it,,,,post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2017 at 9:50 AM, Brent Swain said:

The three weeker,  marina queens are finally starting to show up here. Six weeks left before they go back to work, to pay for the cosmetic priorities they wasted the rest of the year on embellishing, to  "Impress"us full time  cruisers( which we all get a great laugh out of).LOL

And we get a great laugh out of you too BS, but secretly we all want to live your life. Living alone on a tiny rusting POS and wading through the mud to buy clothes from walmart and to empty your toilet in the forest. The jokes on us clearly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bob Perry said:

My buddy Tom Larden in Denmark has just updated my web site. Make Tom happy and please check it out.

www.perryboat.com

Nice update!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2017 at 7:50 PM, Brent Swain said:

The three weeker,  marina queens are finally starting to show up here. Six weeks left before they go back to work, to pay for the cosmetic priorities they wasted the rest of the year on embellishing, to  "Impress"us full time  cruisers( which we all get a great laugh out of).LOL

That's full time losers.

Your auto correct makes you sound much more impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This shit writes itself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Us full-time cruisers"...quite a euphemism for someone permanently living atop a mudflat and collecting govt dole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing BS does "full time" is piss and moan and he's not even good at that. Way too much fiction.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RKoch said:

"Us full-time cruisers"...quite a euphemism for someone permanently living atop a mudflat and collecting govt dole. 

He doesn't seem to grasp the difference between full time cruising and just living aboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just checked out the Yahoo group for shits & gigs.  It's sad.  One guy is considering buying a dumpster, another is 10 years into his build, another is being encouraged to fly Brent out to help tack together a dumpster.  There really is an alternative universe where people actually trust BS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:
3 hours ago, RKoch said:

"Us full-time cruisers"...quite a euphemism for someone permanently living atop a mudflat and collecting govt dole. 

He doesn't seem to grasp the difference between full time cruising and just living aboard.

No, he doesn't. Those of us that actually go places don't care to have him lump himself with us...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

No, he doesn't. Those of us that actually go places don't care to have him lump himself with us...

Look on the bright side. If he *did* go places, you might end up sharing an anchorage with him....

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Look on the bright side. If he *did* go places, you might end up sharing an anchorage with him....

FKT

Awesome. Maybe Rimas will catch up with us too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, B.J. Porter said:

Awesome. Maybe Rimas will catch up with us too.

If you left now, you could get to American Samoa before he does. Maybe challenge Brent to a race there.... his boat is so fast I'm sure he'd give you a few days start while he extracts himself from the mud.

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

If you left now, you could get to American Samoa before he does. Maybe challenge Brent to a race there.... his boat is so fast I'm sure he'd give you a few days start while he extracts himself from the mud.

FKT

Demolition derby???  I'll fly in to watch that one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Whisper said:

I just checked out the Yahoo group for shits & gigs.  It's sad.  One guy is considering buying a dumpster, another is 10 years into his build, another is being encouraged to fly Brent out to help tack together a dumpster.  There really is an alternative universe where people actually trust BS.

Yet another reason to disengage from his trolling. It is similar to Flat Earthers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, fastyacht said:

Yet another reason to disengage from his trolling. It is similar to Flat Earthers.

Flat Earth?  Pshhhh.

 

 

IMG_3907.JPG

IMG_3842.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Whisper said:

I just checked out the Yahoo group for shits & gigs.  It's sad.  One guy is considering buying a dumpster, another is 10 years into his build, another is being encouraged to fly Brent out to help tack together a dumpster.  There really is an alternative universe where people actually trust BS.

Leave them there. They are the Brent people. They want it that way

Eyore was sad like that. But that was the way he was and some people are better off worse, it makes them feel like they were right all along. It's like some known medical condition thing. 

"It makes them feel like they knew they were fucked from day one." Is what I really want to say but that wouldn't be nice, been labeled 'Salty' lately 

Flat Earth.

Told kitty. Kitty said no

cats are fucking really stupid, they never once looked at that Kansas album cover and they lick their buttholes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Whisper said:

I just checked out the Yahoo group for shits & gigs.  It's sad.  One guy is considering buying a dumpster, another is 10 years into his build, another is being encouraged to fly Brent out to help tack together a dumpster.  There really is an alternative universe where people actually trust BS.

So far the smartest guys on that forum are Matt and Ninbubbas. At least they are calling Brent out on his BS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sail4beer said:

Leave them there. They are the Brent people. They want it that way

Eyore was sad like that. But that was the way he was and some people are better off worse, it makes them feel like they were right all along. It's like some known medical condition thing. 

"It makes them feel like they knew they were fucked from day one." Is what I really want to say but that wouldn't be nice, been labeled 'Salty' lately 

Flat Earth.

Told kitty. Kitty said no

cats are fucking really stupid, they never once looked at that Kansas album cover and they lick their buttholes

All animals capable of licking their buttholes will do so. The rest of us are eaten by envy or do yoga.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

All animals capable of licking their buttholes will do so. The rest of us are eaten by envy or do yoga.

Beat me to it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

So far the smartest guys on that forum are Matt and Ninbubbas. At least they are calling Brent out on his BS.

I gave up on that forum over 12 years ago. The S/N ratio was terrible and Yahoo didn't help any.

People have built fairly decent looking boats using Brent's fold-a-hull 'plans'. Some people anyway. It's a credit to them really given the starting point. I feel sorry for the ones who actually believed the whole thing could be done in a few months, when it can't. Then if you get sick along the way, you're screwed as an unfinished boat is effectively not sellable.

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Bob, I like your site. I'm kinda hurt you didn't have me do your rebuild. Oh well, that's life!

2. I didn't see a Brent boat in the Chicago Mac. Maybe it went so fast that the tracker couldn't locate it. Man, lots of boats got knocked out of that race this year. The storms this summer have been nasty and Lake MI has been a cruel witch. I saw a lot of 3 Sisters rolling out there when I was at the cottage.

3. Welding is easy. Good welding is an art.

tumblr_nmnpr4ksr41u7qpcro1_1280.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Whisper said:

Which weld(s) would you find on Brent's boat?

IMG_3915.JPG

IMG_3917.JPG

IMG_3918.JPG

IMG_3919.JPG

None of the above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-07-17 at 11:11 AM, RKoch said:

"Us full-time cruisers"...quite a euphemism for someone permanently living atop a mudflat and collecting govt dole. 

I'd much  rather live on a mudflat,  than shaft a disabled person like Dave, out of up to $175 an hour ,for decades, for advice on something I have never done, to buy myself a big house with  a swimming pool, like Bob did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, austin1972 said:

1. Bob, I like your site. I'm kinda hurt you didn't have me do your rebuild. Oh well, that's life!

2. I didn't see a Brent boat in the Chicago Mac. Maybe it went so fast that the tracker couldn't locate it. Man, lots of boats got knocked out of that race this year. The storms this summer have been nasty and Lake MI has been a cruel witch. I saw a lot of 3 Sisters rolling out there when I was at the cottage.

3. Welding is easy. Good welding is an art.

tumblr_nmnpr4ksr41u7qpcro1_1280.jpg

I can count on one hand the Bob boats I have seen here this summer . You will find far more of them close to where they are built. Most don't go very far, with  rare exceptions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Whisper said:

Which weld(s) would you find on Brent's boat?

IMG_3915.JPG

IMG_3917.JPG

IMG_3918.JPG

IMG_3919.JPG

That's up to the owner or who they hire. No, us designers are not responsible for holding the welder's stinger hand? Is Bob?

He admitted that, personally ,he is incapable of building a plug for  a dogs ass, so chooses to continually pat himself on the back for the work of others.

Good thing ,for a guy  who claims that he can determine the size and weight of someone from a photo, more accurately than the person in the photo can with a scale and tape measure.

What , I'm 5 ft5 and 145 lbs, according to Bob?

Are the rest  of his calculations that far out of whack ( for $175 an hour)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Brent Swain said:

I can count on one hand the Bob boats I have seen here this summer . You will find far more of them close to where they are built. Most don't go very far, with  rare exceptions.

That is hilarious!

My tiny marina in Hawaii has several Bob boats, including a Tayana 52 from Redondo Beach, a Tayana 37 Pilot House from San Francisco that stopped in several places, including Equador, before crossing here, a Passport 47 from the East Coast that left to do more cruising about 6 weeks ago, a Nordic 40, and others.  There are many more on the island in bigger marinas.

I haven't seen a Brent boat here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brent Swain said:

That's up to the owner or who they hire. No, us designers are not responsible for holding the welder's stinger hand? Is Bob?

He admitted that, personally ,he is incapable of building a plug for  a dogs ass, so chooses to continually pat himself on the back for the work of others.

Good thing ,for a guy  who claims that he can determine the size and weight of someone from a photo, more accurately than the person in the photo can with a scale and tape measure.

What , I'm 5 ft5 and 145 lbs, according to Bob?

Are the rest  of his calculations that far out of whack ( for $175 an hour)?

I've seen pics of your personal work.  The last pic resembled your welds from that video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

I gave up on that forum over 12 years ago. The S/N ratio was terrible and Yahoo didn't help any.

People have built fairly decent looking boats using Brent's fold-a-hull 'plans'. Some people anyway. It's a credit to them really given the starting point. I feel sorry for the ones who actually believed the whole thing could be done in a few months, when it can't. Then if you get sick along the way, you're screwed as an unfinished boat is effectively not sellable.

FKT

You have been working how many years  on your boat, to get to a point mine  get to in a matter of weeks? Several  of mine have been built, and sailing, with their owners living aboard,  in a fraction the time its taken you to get the basic ,Colvin "collection of closets" assembled.

Winston sold his for $47K  ,Brian sold Ocean Boy for the same price, far more than they had into them.

You claim using a 1950's building method, which takes many years, reduces your odds of having health problems while building, with ten times the grinding  of an origami boat.( grinding being the most probable source of his health problems) ?

Ya sure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Whisper said:

That is hilarious!

My tiny marina in Hawaii has several Bob boats, including a Tayana 52 from Redondo Beach, a Tayana 37 Pilot House from San Francisco that stopped in several places, including Equador, before crossing here, a Passport 47 from the East Coast that left to do more cruising about 6 weeks ago, a Nordic 40, and others.  There are many more on the island in bigger marinas.

I haven't seen a Brent boat here.

"Makena" in Ala Wai. "Lucky Star" just left Kaui for Fiji.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Whisper said:

I've seen pics of your personal work.  The last pic resembled your welds from that video.

You mean the 6011 weld with the slag still on ? You say you can see what a 6011 weld looks like under the slag, without chipping the slag off?

Wow, that kind of X ray vision could earn you a fortune, if you can find someone rich, and gullible enough to believe you!

Try Bob's groupies . They are gullible enough to pay him $175 an hour for advice on something he has never done ( like cruising experience based priorities).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brent Swain said:

"Makena" in Ala Wai. "Lucky Star" just left Kaui for Fiji.

I stay away from Ala Wai except for Transpac celebrations.  I avoid places where I need to keep my rigging knife handy.

I can name several other Bob Boats around the island in other marinas.  A yachtworld search also does a pretty good job of showing his boats get around the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brent Swain said:

You mean the 6011 weld with the slag still on ? You say you can see what a 6011 weld looks like under the slag, without chipping the slag off?

Wow, that kind of X ray vision could earn you a fortune, if you can find someone rich, and gullible enough to believe you!

Try Bob's groupies . They are gullible enough to pay him $175 an hour for advice on something he has never done ( like cruising experience based priorities).

What the fuck does Bob's experience or your lies about his fees have to do with your shitty welds?

Can you EVER stay on topic and answer a direct question?  You sick fuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-07-17 at 5:35 AM, Sail4beer said:

That's full time losers.

Your auto correct makes you sound much more impressive.

Lemme see.

You say those who work over 11 months a year to spend three weeks or less, in a place we live year round, and then spend the rest of the year  taking marching orders from someone else, while we get up whenever we fell like it ,take orders form no one, and go sailing, fishing ,hunting,swimming,diving, hiking, etc , whenever we feel like, for as long as we please; they are winners, and we are losers?

With such a "prize " why would anyone want to win it ?

You go ahead, masochists.

Think I'll  go fishing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Brent Swain said:

"Makena" in Ala Wai. "Lucky Star" just left Kaui for Fiji.

Learn something new every day on this forum. I had no idea there are mudflats in Hawaii. Too bad the customers left the safety of them, and headed out into the Pacific in their reef magnets. Should be ok Kon-tiki style sailing, but if they ever have to go to windward to stay off a Lee shore...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Whisper said:

What the fuck does Bob's experience or your lies about his fees have to do with your shitty welds?

Can you EVER stay on topic and answer a direct question?  You sick fuck.

You are just pissed off because you lost that  debate.

Checkmate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brent Swain said:

 

Think I'll  go fishing.

Might as well. Deadbeats like you and Rimas are lazy and unemployable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are the definition of a "loser" BS. You are not a boat builder. You are certainly not a designer. You are only a loser.  A jealous loser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Brent Swain said:

I can count on one hand the Bob boats I have seen here this summer . You will find far more of them close to where they are built. Most don't go very far, with  rare exceptions.

Funny, I've seen lots of Bob boats in every harbor I've cruised to. Never seen one of your dumpster rehabs anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Brent Swain said:

Winston sold his for $47K  ,Brian sold Ocean Boy for the same price, far more than they had into them.

BS, whatever happened in your life to give you such low self worth to place no value on your own time.

Even worse that you project this attitude onto others, placing no value on their time. I've been reading through your group. Consensus is - from the group - a minimum of 2 years full time labor to complete to a saleable stage. Many in the group comment it is a 5 - 10 year commitment on a nights and weekends basis. 

But lets say 2 years. At an absolutely minimum $30k for materials & equipment to be suitable for long distance cruising. and this is based on much scrounging, that leaves $17k for 4,800 hrs+ effort. 

Or $3.50 per hour. Woohoo. 

Shameful that you project this garbage!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Brent Swain said:
12 minutes ago, Whisper said:

What the fuck does Bob's experience or your lies about his fees have to do with your shitty welds?

Can you EVER stay on topic and answer a direct question?  You sick fuck.

You are just pissed off because you lost that  debate.

Checkmate!

And...the pigeon shits on the board again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-07-17 at 5:35 AM, Sail4beer said:

That's full time losers.

Your auto correct makes you sound much more impressive.

Bob Perry

  • Anarchist
  •  
  • Bob Perry
  • Members
  •  
  • 29,521 posts

Don't feel bad about typos to me Yigael. I am a miserable typist and a lousy speller. I can out typo you any day.

 

Tell Bob how to use auto correct. I only need it when the library or coffee shop is about to close, and I get in a hurry with no time to edit.

(Bought a new mouse( no more Micky Mouse mouse) and the cleaner repaired to overload from the last  one screwing up)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brent Swain said:

I'd much  rather live on a mudflat,  than shaft a disabled person like Dave, out of up to $175 an hour ,for decades, for advice on something I have never done, to buy myself a big house with  a swimming pool, like Bob did.

Funny how happy Dave was with being "shafted" like that.

He seems a whole hell of a lot happier than you, that's for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now