Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hrothgar

J111 Sailing on the Great Lakes--Summer 2016

I am a new owner but have already planned my summer based on past regattas and what I think is coming up this summer. We won't do everything because we are a West Michigan boat and we don't want to be in Chicago every other weekend, but wondering what the interest is in the races we are doing. So far this is not too much chatter on SA about this summer. Hopefully this will get us going.

J111 NAs in Chicago--not registration or anything out there so far

Chicago-Mackinac--12 boats registered so far

LTYC Ugotta Regatta--could be one design for three days if enough boats show up

CYC Red Fox Regatta--end of season fun race

Other various small races

Hrothgar

USA 100

"Variance"

Welcome Hrothgar. I know Karl the fleet captain either has or is planning to send out a schedule but i know we are planning to do the Colors regatta, the NOOD/NAs and then the verve for sure. There will also be some other weekends of Belmont one design.

We wont be doing the Mac or Harbor Springs as we are headed to Cowes for Worlds but i would guess they will be well attended by 111s.

Hrothgar,

Welcome aboard! Congrats on your new ride. Its a great boat and I'm sure you're going to have lots of good times on her.

Looking forward to meeting up with you when you come to the Chicago shores!

Cheers,

Chaos

Fleet 1 has a FB page that has information, but you already probably knew that.

So far:

11 boats signed up for the NAs June 16-19

15 boats in a Chi-Mac class

3 boats for Ugotta Regatta in Harbor Springs

Not as much out of town activity as I expected.

Hrothgar

There should be at least 1 more Cleveland boat for the NA's that I'm aware of. I'd think that Spaceman would be there also so that's be 2. Should be a fun summer!

Just finished moving my boat from Port Sanilac on Lake Huron to Muskegon. Brrrr. 15 boats registered for the NAs now.

4 J111 signed up for LTYC Ugotta Regatta...It would be fun to get a few more and maybe get a one-design start.

Hrothgar

I would love to do it on our boat, ROWDY.

Someone get the class moving in it.

We're all up there anyway!

How did you like the NA's as your first big regatta in the boat Hrothgar?

Humbling. Learned a ton. Loved it.

Can't wait for the Mac!

Hroth

Can't wait for the Mac!

Hroth

excellent, some boats have been sailed for quite some time.

great seeing you guys on the line, enjoy the Mac. They are a pretty sweet boat for the run North.

Can't wait for the Mac!

Hroth

great seeing you guys on the line, enjoy the Mac. They are a pretty sweet boat for the run North.

You guys stepped on to a great class of OD sail boat racing

Great people, you mentioned you learned a lot, do not forget to ask, every one is willing to help

Thank you to all the volunteers that helped putting 2016 J 111 NA event together, John Travis, Len Siegle, Chicago Yacht Club at Belmont just to name a few

It was our third NA in the Class and one World regatta, we also learned a lot in this class . We learned that people are kind , we learned that in tough times every one in the class will give you a big hug

Unfortunately it may have been our last regatta on the Mighty Wotton due to the circumstances

Sail on Bill Smith

Dorin

Team Wooton

Can't wait for the Mac!

Hroth

You guys stepped on to a great class of OD sail boat racing

Great people, you mentioned you learned a lot, do not forget to ask, every one is willing to help

Thank you to all the volunteers that helped putting 2016 J 111 NA event together, John Travis, Len Siegle, Chicago Yacht Club at Belmont just to name a few

It was our third NA in the Class and one World regatta, we also learned a lot in this class . We learned that people are kind , we learned that in tough times every one in the class will give you a big hug

Unfortunately it may have been our last regatta on the Mighty Wotton due to the circumstances

Sail on Bill Smith

Dorin

Team Wooton

I'm so glad Bill had a chance to work into a great one design class. His skill at taking a challenge and working through all the best solutions, building the team, was leading him to the same success as he had in development. Does any one know what the name Wooton is from? It's a desk! But not any desk a very fine unique desk that I can best describe as the Smart Phone of the 19th century. Look it up. He was a 21st century Renaissance man. Big ideas and follow through. That's what Bill could do, see the best of the best and be on the lead edge of progress. I will miss his frienshp and the great insight that Bill has brought to all things.

Team Wooton

Arv

Thank you, DC, for volunteering time to help with weigh-ins!

Do not mention it Grinder, where else would I have been able to meet 120 great people ?

It was a pleasure to be part of the team

J111s are very likely adding a third day (Friday) or racing at the LTYC Ugotta Regatta for a one-design start. It would be great to get a few more boats signed up. The more the merrier. Right now we have 5:

nosurprise

Variance

Impulse

Utah

Solution

Cheers.

Hrothgar

J111s are very likely adding a third day (Friday) or racing at the LTYC Ugotta Regatta for a one-design start. It would be great to get a few more boats signed up. The more the merrier. Right now we have 5:

nosurprise

Variance

Impulse

Utah

Solution

Cheers.

Hrothgar

Would Friday be scheduled as W/L?

nosurprise

Variance

Impulse

Utah

Solution

Cheers.

Hrothgar

Would Friday be scheduled as W/L?

That is the plan as I understand it.

Hroth

15 J111 getting primed to start what promises to be an 'interesting' Mac on Saturday.

Looking forward to the event!

Hroth

15 J111 getting primed to start what promises to be an 'interesting' Mac on Saturday.

Looking forward to the event!

Hroth

Kick some ass with the new boat!

sorry (not sorry) we will not be on the line for the Mac.