Presuming Ed

Is this the Figaro III?

On 1/22/2019 at 1:13 AM, huey 2 said:

now thats more like it,,,,,     woohoo . 19 possibly in the yard........    But its seeing all of the underwater sections and the keel then to the foils...not a model boat   and then seeing it and still trying to get the head around it.......Its gunna be an interesting ride in the middle of the night   with all the others closing in at speed around you .  Even in the IOM m/c races its still follow the leader at top speed......  But these things will be coming at you from all direction......seconds to make a decision and no wave to gybe the boat........yes this is better than anything so far .   we finally have crazy closing speeds ... not quite ice yachts or sand yachts yet .     but gunna be pretty interesting .  yah gunna be begging for daylight to come . then you sort fade cause the intensity dies . and you nano sleep in the sun but it wont be for long

Saw a video from the yard and there was at least 50. There was more than just the two rows like that...

Unless I was in boat heaven or something... But remember seeing a LOT of Figs.

Tip and Shaft newsletter has a section about the boat, discussing speed foils and sails.

Conrad is on Figaro III No.40.
I thought the progression in the FR sailing world was the other way but I guess you can't skip a step for too long. :) Should be good!

Below is a Google Translate of the Tip & Shaft article mentioned by Leo.  There are a few things mentioned that I have long been concerned about: 1)The lack of ballast means the boat performs poorly beating into the wind.  (I don't know about you but I spend most of my sailing beating into the wind, so this is of upmost importance to me.)  2)The lack of ballast means the boat will perform poorly in rough waves.  (Isn't the Bay of Biscay notoriously rough?)  3)An asym spinnaker gives it a gybing angle of 80-90 degrees.  (When designing the Figaro 2, the skippers specifically wanted to be able to sail deep down wind.)  4)Problems with the foil.  (A bad design when they could have gone with the DSS which is much simpler)  It looks like this boat was designed for a beam reach and nothing else.   I am thourghly not convince on this boat.

Since last January 7th, 49 copies of the new Figaro Bénéteau 3 have been delivered to their owners. More than thirty sail today, concentrated between Lorient, Port-la-Forêt and Saint-Gilles Croix-de-Vie, where many skippers prepare the first event of the season, the Sardinha Cup (26 March-13 April ). Tip & Shaft has collected the first returns of several sailors (Loïck Peyron, Fabien Delahaye, Nicolas Lunven, Adrien Hardy), but also of Christian Le Pape, head of the pole Finistère race off Port-la-Forêt, Tanguy Leglatin, who heads the training group at Lorient Grand Large, and Etienne Saïz, coach of the Vendée Formation Team.

"We are like children at Christmas who discover their new toy". With his sense of the formula, Loïck Peyron summarizes the state of mind of the sailors who, since mid-January for the first served, sail on the new Figaro 3 and learn to discover the subtleties ... but also the problems of youth . "We are all in the process of learning and reliability of mechanics, which is not so simple because it is a series boat," continues the skipper of Action Enfance.

Christian Le Pape abounds: "It's a nice boat with problems of youth in terms of finish, but these are peripheral problems, which concern the bowsprit, the settings of the foils, halyards that rub. It's going to take some optimization and a little time on the job site. " More annoying according to the person concerned: "Most of the skippers of the Pole have their boat scanned, they have not noted major differences in the alignment of the appendages, however some hulls are more or less bumpy. For the moment, we can not touch it, but the class will have to find solutions, because some will have difficulty to admit the fact of having a hull less powerful. "
As for the performances of the boat, the skippers questioned agree: the Figaro 3, with its foils, its lack of ballasts, its fine keel sail and hull more bulging, does not look easy to walk upwind. "It's very light and there are no ballast, it lacks a little inertia, it will probably have to fight a little more and bar more often depending on the state of the sea", confirms Loïck Peyron. Fabien Delahaye, who sails with Charles Caudrelier in the Hub by OC Sport, adds: "The remittances at the exit of transfer are apprehended differently than on a more classic boat as was the Figaro 2, we must find the hook in the appendages, to get some speed, it's a clever mix that you have to find. "
At the pace of reaching and carrying, the VPLP plan is more efficient and more stable than the Figaro 2: "The boat is lighter on the water, it accelerates much faster, it is much more responsive 'is appreciable,' says Etienne Saïz. "I think that reaching at 120-130 degrees of the wind, the boat can be faster in the order of 15%, with averages at 14-15 knots," said Tanguy Leglatin, while Fabien Delahaye adds, "We had to reach 20 knots in 25-30 knots of wind at angles of 120-125 without feeling unsafe. These are high speeds that we did not see in Figaro 2 or so in surfs mode a little survival, it is due to the fact that the foil helps to pitch the boat and there is more volume. "
Impression confirmed by Christian Le Pape: "A reaching at 16-17 knots, the boat is" peaceful ", and under spinnaker, it is fast while being very stable, you really have to go to make a start to the pile. On the other hand, it is extremely noisy above 12 knots, because it vibrates a lot. "Adrien Hardy, who sailed with Thomas Ruyant, remains a little on his hunger:" I find that the performance of the boat and the sensations are a little disappointing, compared to what we can live on others boats, Mini type or larger boats. "
Among the great novelties of Figaro 3, the foils leave some circumspect, like the same Adrien Hardy: "The foils do not serve much. In the settings, we try more to erase them, to make sure that they disturb us as little as possible, rather than to make sure that they help us. In fact, they will serve beyond 25 knots of wind, rare conditions, knowing that the average wind on the Solitaire is 15 knots. For Etienne Saïz, one of the challenges is to learn how to use these foils in a mode other than lift: "As long as we are below 10 knots, it remains drift rather than foils. After, I think we will realize that they are still very decisive on particular phases that have not yet elucidated. "

Another major novelty of Figaro 3 compared to its predecessor, the set of sails: the replacement of the symmetrical spinners of the Figaro 2 by larger asymmetric (121 m2 against 85 for the large spinnaker) and the addition of a gennaker should allow to open the game, especially as it appears already that the various veiled solicited have opted for quite decided choices between versatile and more typical sails. An opening that delighted Adrien Hardy: "The gennaker and the little spinnaker - which we did not use much in Figaro 2 - are real advances that will generate strategies and road choices more different than the Figaro 2 where the trajectories were very straight. "

Consequence: some tough choices to come, according to Nicolas Lunven, who will play the Sardinha Cup under the colors of Oman Sail with an Omani sailor: "The asymmetric spinnaker that you can not go down very low wind, it means that when you're going to have VMG bearing edges, where a jibe only created 30 or 40 degrees difference in road difference between two Figaro 2 on opposite edges, that's going to be 60 or 80, that's is consequent, it will make you think. "Etienne Saïz is more cautious about the consequences on the strategy of the new set of sails:" The gennaker opens the field of gaits, but I do not believe a second more play. As soon as they go s' to see that a guy has a range where he gorges themselves, they will all want the same thing as him, it will no longer play on small fine settings. "

The performance of Figaro 3, judged by all "more subtle and more technical", will indeed depend a lot, according to our experts, the ability of sailors to find the right settings, which means a lot of time to do his scales. "The boat requires a lot of precision and concentration because it zigzags quite easily, it will take hours at the helm," confirms Adrien Hardy, while Fabien Delahaye emphasizes: "It's a very soft bar, but the lack sensations makes driving difficult, it's hard to feel if you're in real life or in the wrong. " Tanguy Leglatin summarizes: "It's a boat that will value the good trimmer and the good helmsman".

But also the sailors who will lose the least time in the maneuvers, an aspect which will also have its importance on a boat judged physically hard, which makes say to the same Tanguy Leglatin: "I think that unfortunately, for the girls alone, that is going to be quite hard, between the handling of the genoa which is quite heavy, a lot of friction in the halyards and the big spinnaker which, when sending, generates a lot of risks ". Loïck Peyron confirms: "It's going to be complicated with the asymmetrical spinnakers lying around on the ground, we've already seen a lot of them in the foils, which, at the slightest mistake, are just waiting to chew on the fabric. Maybe that will justify having spinnaker socks, which we have never seen in Figaro ". Last aspect put forward by some: the deck plan quite penalizing for large size, with very low winches located on the sides and no roof winch. "Maneuvering the boat is not going to be that simple, it will also be one of the criteria to be taken into account this year, announces Tanguy Leglatin, the loss to the maneuver will cost. "

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chasm said:

Conrad is on Figaro III No.40.
I thought the progression in the FR sailing world was the other way but I guess you can't skip a step for too long. :) Should be good!

791ee8d9cffc3ebec53178f608c7e299-la-gran

The first 45 Figaro 3 were awarded to their owners by drawing lots at the Nautic last December.

Fool, the lack of ballast they mean it is light. NO inertia, but the fig2 was heavy compared to mini and Imoca, so they will get used to it :)
Biscay is normally not rough for pro sailors, except edge of continental shelf.
Downwind angles, enough fig sailors hadenough of going deep too.
And DSS better ? No proof, and this is still learning curve.
ps, Tip&Shaft is now in English too.

Finally.

Looks to stand up pretty well.

wow.

so much to see in that video re: trim of sails

Hey, is there a practical reason why the some of the foils are orange? Is this just a personal choice or is there some traditional/historical significance? I know about "orange is fast" but that is not a real, practical reason. Seems like white is the best option. Serious question. Just wondering what the genesis for orange was.

Yes, I am stupid.

5 hours ago, Parma said:

Hey, is there a practical reason why the some of the foils are orange? Is this just a personal choice or is there some traditional/historical significance? I know about "orange is fast" but that is not a real, practical reason. Seems like white is the best option. Serious question. Just wondering what the genesis for orange was.

Yes, I am stupid.

Orange (or at least some fluo color) is part of the Imoca class rules for the rudders and keel  (following the capsize and search of I forgot who), so a kind of "tradition" 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yl75 said:

Orange (or at least some fluo color) is part of the Imoca class rules for the rudders and keel  (following the capsize and search of I forgot who), so a kind of "tradition" 

Okay, thanks. That makes good sense.

20 hours ago, Parma said:

Yes, I am stupid.

It's faster. Scientifically.

I would really like to see the IIs line up against the IIIs.

Is that gonna happen?

I notice that the skippers are jerking the tiller back and forth in nearly every segment of the video.  We've definitely seen this in other videos as well as others have noted.  In the Tip & Shaft article it was mentioned: "The boat requires a lot of precision and concentration because it wanders easily, it will take hours at the helm,"  

I wonder if this is because of the vertical part of the foil being short from front to back.  I wonder if an autopilot will be able to handle it in these conditions.

It's still got a keel. But I would surmise that the CLR is moving about dynamically as the boat lifts/changes immersion of the foils.

You would think that an important part of the brief for a singlehanded boat would be to behave well when under autopilot and not require an expensive solution of pilot/software/sensors to compensate an unnecessary problem.

any half decent boat should look good in those conditions. I am still far from convinced.

• Like 1

Here is a different video.  Watch the way the boat is bouncing up and down in a relatively flat sea.  https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=252623392284788

Right at the 59 second mark.  One of the key purposes of the foil (or at least the DSS foil) was to reduce any of this bouncing.    I wonder if it is all related.

2 hours ago, Foolish said:

Here is a different video.  Watch the way the boat is bouncing up and down in a relatively flat sea.  https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=252623392284788

Right at the 59 second mark.  One of the key purposes of the foil (or at least the DSS foil) was to reduce any of this bouncing.    I wonder if it is all related.

Really?

30 footers do pitch a fair bit.

• Like 1

It's sailing under main and jib only - virtually every boat under 35ft is going to have that sort of tendency even in light upwind conditions. 

A nautical architect can explain why but trying to scrutinize the Figaro 3 based on some promotion drone videos during this early process where everyone is learning and trying to figure it out is like taking a picture of a fighter jet landing on the ground and saying look it can't fly because it came down. 

Really don't understand why DSS keeps coming up when despite it's long IP history, it is basically a niche product  

3 hours ago, Panoramix said:

Really?

Looks like the video playback speed (frame rate) was not consistent through the video. When sped up, the pitching looks more extreme. Minis pitch much worse and they use off the shelf pilots. 

I sail an ultralight 30 foot boat and it has never bounced like that.  I believe that the foil can be trimmed.  Am I correct on that?  The video would indicate that it is not properly trimmed at the moment.  But I believe I read the French correctly that this is their first time out on the boat, so would need to learn how to work it. 

The video is sped up for most of it. It is not a data point with regard to pitching rate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trevor B said:

The video is sped up for most of it. It is not a data point with regard to pitching rate.

You really think so? The water/spray on & around the boats seem to be acting at normal speed. 

On 3/20/2019 at 4:48 PM, Foolish said:

I believe that the foil can be trimmed.  Am I correct on that? 

Yes. But the vid temp is for sure played with, editor forgot the original speed I think. Happened to me once too with a vid.
And count wave pattern, way to fast. Of if real, very strange and boat responds to waves, so that is normal. My bet, speed is off.

A small part of a new interview with Figaro III skipper about the new boat, from Tip & Shaft:

But when you think about 30 or more boats on this double handed race coming up, and maybe up to 40 or 50 in the Figaro, by the very nature of the racing there is contact the last you want to have with small boats with small budgets is contact between boats with foils. It is not pretty and it is expensive. At the end of the day you have to ask if the foils are worth it, but it is – I guess – if it helps the teams find more commercial  interest. The boats require a lot of time on the helm both upwind and downwind, it is going to be tiring and that will be a challenge

This echos my concern that at $15,000 per foil, sponsors are not going to be happy if a foil is broken.  And his comment about a lot of time on the helm reiterates what has been said above.   Lots to think about.

Silly Rabbits, it doesn't matter how fast it goes or how tiring it is to sail or how they will wad them up with the smallest contact. They have FOILS therefore they are better than everything else. Silly rabbits. 

IN the same article of Tip&Shaft a good explanation why the FIg is popular.

part of a Tip and Shaft article

Reaching and running the VPLP design is more efficient and more stable than the Figaro 2: “The boat is lighter on the water, it accelerates it is faster, it is much more responsive,” says Etienne Saïz. “I think that reaching at 120-130 degrees from the wind the boat can be 15% faster with with averages speeds more like 14-15 knots,” says Tanguy Leglatin, Delahaye adds: “We can get to 20 knots in 25-30 knots of wind and angles of 120-125 without feeling in any danger. We did not see such speeds like that on the Figaro 2, but the foil helps lift the boat and that there is generally more volume and lift.” These impressions are confirmed by Christian Le Pape: “Reaching at 16-17 knots, the boat is quiet and stable under spinnaker, it is fast, you really have to go some to make it broach. It is noisy above 12 knots, because there is a lot of vibration”. Adrien Hardy is a bit more reserved: “I do find that the performance of the boat and the sensations are a little disappointing compared to what you can feel on other boats, like the Mini or bigger boats. ”

To me - looking at the sea-state and the wake, it looks faster and better balance than I expected... but I should have had higher expectations considering its heritage... 

On 3/20/2019 at 4:48 PM, Foolish said:

I sail an ultralight 30 foot boat and it has never bounced like that.  I believe that the foil can be trimmed.  Am I correct on that?  The video would indicate that it is not properly trimmed at the moment.  But I believe I read the French correctly that this is their first time out on the boat, so would need to learn how to work it. 

Sail your 30 footer harder. ;-)

Seriously I've sailed lot of lightish 30 footers and they do pitch. Going downwind with the kite up in breezy conditions sometimes they feel like a car with broken suspensions.

13 hours ago, ALL@SEA said:

but I should have had higher expectations considering its heritage... 

Figaro always went for sturdy boats, not the pinnacle of design, this design is actually very forward for the class.

Sardinha Cup . First Flight Of Figaro 3 March 26 -April 13

677989637_ScreenShot2019-03-25at7_04_22pm.thumb.png.08691b04c02b66bf8413e34007b349cd.png

Media savvy Clarisse, as she did in the mini, good for the adventure feeling between the professionals. Will bring young new fans to sailing I hope.

4 hours ago, LeoV said:

Media savvy Clarisse, as she did in the mini, good for the adventure feeling between the professionals. Will bring young new fans to sailing I hope.

And as a former rugby player she's actually willing to put in the hard work and focus to get good results despite relatively new to the scene.  

Something interesting to follow for the next few days 

https://sardinhacup.com/

First real race meeting for the F3

Looks well supported image.thumb.png.e0132b2e3f4156f133f6c5c8f21576cc.png

and many of the top French sailors and quite a few other nationalities.

Thanks to Breschi for some lovely photos on the FB  site .       

Eric .    Jeremy.

55937541_266190627656756_5550390647552212992_n.jpg

55829631_266194114323074_7408686030024343552_n.jpg

Looking at the tracker, close racing, split in a leg for coast or offshore, but in the middle had the most advantage.
And light winds...

Great  race so far.

Pity about the tracker which sees to have the lead boat in 22nd place and total confusion behind!

image.png.1ba72c2637c0ac74e0721f1834303f8e.png

Bit of a testing time for the new fleet.

Two interesting reads from the news on the race website today.

https://sardinhacup.com/remise-des-prix-pierre-leboucher-et-erwan-tabarly-doublement-recompenses/

https://sardinhacup.com/yann-elies-sam-est-la-meilleure-marin-de-course-au-large-au-monde/

19 hours ago, kdock44 said:

That’s going to be expensive!  Who is the rig supplier?

4 minutes ago, mad said:

That’s going to be expensive!  Who is the rig supplier?

Sparcraft (part of Wichard)

1 hour ago, ctutmark said:

Sparcraft (part of Wichard)

someone did their rigging calcs on keel righting moment alone....

Can't help they'll be taking a good look at the mast spec as well.

2 hours ago, SCARECROW said:

30+ teams racing doublehanded probably pushed things a bit harder too. 

17 hours ago, SCARECROW said:

Apparently it is "just" the connection between mast and spreader that is poorly designed.

The article also mentioned the leaking foil boxes.   This was a big problem for the F-3 in last summer's Transpac.  Apparently it leaked a lot!

To be honest i’d have been surprised if the sailors hadn’t blown anything up at all...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ROADKILL666 said:

WTF were they made in china ?

Nothing to do with the world's factory.

Poor access hatch selection/ fitout integration work. Early boats were all basically using standard plastimo access hatches that are IIa - problem is hatches are designed to be installed on top or vertical - not upside down.

If they were to do it all over again - probably would have opted to create flush access hatches on the deck mold and not have any openings to the interior via the foil casing. 

2 hours ago, ROADKILL666 said:

WTF were they made in china ?

I don't think it's indicative; when the J24 first came out the rudder gudgeons and spreader brackets both needed to be beefed up.

What happened with the spreader thing? We really need somone on the docks to keep us up to date.

I think that they've dismasted all boats to sort it out.

They pulled all the rigs, new spreaders (not sure if new spreader bars too) rigs back in and racing the third leg of the Sardinha cup right now.

Hard to believe that they had that many spare spreaders and got them modified in such short time. 

So how fast are these things going now? (Upwind/Downwind) Have the DSS-style foils proven to be worth the hassle yet...

~him

8 minutes ago, him&her said:

So how fast are these things going now? (Upwind/Downwind) Have the DSS-style foils proven to be worth the hassle yet...

~him

I don't know if it's "worth it", because that is a purely subjective judgement, but I read one of the translations where "these things" (IIIs)are significantly faster than the IIs, especially off wind

:rolleyes: I cannot for the life of me figure out why there are just some people who keep throwing out DSS as if if they whisper it enough it'll somehow catch on in the market or earn royalties. 

The Figaro 3 is a faster boat than the Figaro 2. It is different yes - some people will lament the lack of water ballast, but *shrug* the participation from big programs is the strongest it has been in some time. 

You wouldhave to see the 2 race against the 3 in all sorts of conditions to decide overall which is faster and I don't think that has happened yet, but the people I have spoken to who are currently sailing North up the East coast of the Bay of Biscay all have had a lot of experience with the 2 and all seem pretty happy that the 3 is fast enough and fun to sail. Quite a challenge to get the best out of, and a bit wet in foul weather!

On 4/9/2019 at 8:12 AM, Miffy said:

Nothing to do with the world's factory.

Poor access hatch selection/ fitout integration work. Early boats were all basically using standard plastimo access hatches that are IIa - problem is hatches are designed to be installed on top or vertical - not upside down.

If they were to do it all over again - probably would have opted to create flush access hatches on the deck mold and not have any openings to the interior via the foil casing. 

My understanding is that the boats sail with the foils fully extended in all conditions so, if true, future iterations might bypass hull penetrations, access hatches & adjustability in favor of a rigid/fixed foil integrated across/with the hull. Or perhaps a recess into with the foil sets for ease of transport, storage & replacement.

Impressive win.

Yann Eliès et Samantha Davies remportent la Sardinha Cup !

par Sardinha Cup | Avr 13, 2019 | Non classé | 0 commentaires

Yann Eliès et Samantha Davies ont coupé les premiers, samedi à 7h25, la ligne d’arrivée de la Grande Course n°2, troisième étape de la Sardinha Cup. Les deux skippers de StMichel font coup double, puisque cette victoire leur permet de remporter cette course inaugurale du Championnat de France Elite de course au large, première épreuve du nouveau Figaro Bénéteau 3.

Septièmes de la Vendée Warm-up, quatrièmes de la Grande Course n°1, le Briochin âgé de 45 ans, triple vainqueur de la Solitaire du Figaro et deuxième de la dernière Route du Rhum-Destination Guadeloupe, et la Britannique de 44 ans, qui décroche sa première victoire sur le circuit Figaro, ont offert un véritable récital sur cette troisième étape, prenant les commandes de la flotte dans la descente au portant vers Arcachon avant de creuser l’écart lors de la remontée au près vers l’île d’Yeu et de s’imposer au bout d’un jour 17 heures 35 minutes et 23 secondes. Cette troisième étape a finalement été raccourcie de 322 à 280 milles.

Photo : Christophe Breschi

image.png.b5d0fd46713caafe625733104eb66f90.png
  • Like 1

The "big leg" of the Solo Maitre Coq is currently on going, with Le Cleach currently leading (they should finish on Saturday) 

Tracker :

https://yb.tl/smq2019#

Note : not sure I understand the route exactly from the tracker red lines (at the beginning), a bug maybe ..

Great seeing Loick Peyron up the business end! 

2 hours ago, ALL@SEA said:

Great seeing Loick Peyron up the business end! 

Yes and I'm quite impressed that so many "veterans" are returning to the figaro class this year : Peyron, Desjoyaux, or even all the IMOCA skippers : Le Cleach, Ellies, etc

• Like 2

Almost every major sponsor program has a Figaro 3 now and gives the folks the opportunity to keep their pencils sharp but also partner up with young up and coming skippers for future program development. 

Anglo-world: What if we create GPs and events and classes and OD boats and try to get money from totalitarian regimes and state enterprises!

French sailing: What if we developed sailors?

Finally a bit of video of the boats and foils beating into the wind.

I'd really like to see actual performance numbers (compared to the old FB2) when beating.

Watching one boat get past the committee boat at the start, with his foil out.  You wouldn't want to be squeezed, that's for sure.

Looks like Armel messed up in the last hours, or maybe an option.

Beyou retired due to some back injury (nothing serious)

It would be really interesting to see how the boats sailed without the foils compared to with them.  Wonder if it has been tested?

2 hours ago, bridhb said:

It would be really interesting to see how the boats sailed without the foils compared to with them.  Wonder if it has been tested?

Don't know, but the foils also replace the water ballast of the V2, however on some point of sails/wind speed, they probably just create drag.

44 minutes ago, yl75 said:

Don't know, but the foils also replace the water ballast of the V2, however on some point of sails/wind speed, they probably just create drag.

Yeah, it was a pretty stupid comment on my part.  It just seems that the foils on these fig 3 boats are sort of like fins on cars in the 50's and 60's.  With them coming out of the decks, it looks like a lot of foil is not being used.  I am sure there is a reason that they don't look more like the foils on all the IMOCA 60 boats, but it can't be for efficiency.  

Then again, it probably does not take much foil to generate a crap load of lift in a dense medium like water.  Was watching some Navy jets do touch and goes at a practice field near me this morning and it still amazing to me that those wings can generate enough lift at relatively slow speed to keep those things in the air.

On 5/3/2019 at 8:20 AM, yl75 said:

Yes and I'm quite impressed that so many "veterans" are returning to the figaro class this year : Peyron, Desjoyaux, or even all the IMOCA skippers : Le Cleach, Ellies, etc

I read somewhere that "veterans" tend to come back to the Figaro when a new boat is coming out. It is kind of a leveling field. The fact that you have not spend days and weeks and months of training on the boat, like the top of the fleet that has been working at it for years,  is not a disadvantage anymore. So as an older sailor, you can come back to your "first love", the Solitaire du Figaro, without being completely out of the competition.

• Like 1

Finish of the long race:

For the lazy people on the Sunday morning, first 11 of the long race:

Ordre d'arrivée : Grande Course 4/05/2019 - Avant Jury
1 - Martin Le Pape (SKIPPER MACIF 2017)
2 - Morgan Lagravière (AVEC VOUS SUR LA SOLITAIRE)
3 - Tanguy Le Turquais (QUEGUINER)
4 - Xavier Macaire (GROUPE SNEF)
5 - Armel Le Cléac'h (BANQUE POPULAIRE)
6 - Justine Mettraux (TEAMWORK)
7 - Yoann Richomme (LE HUB BY OC SPORT)
8 - Benjamin Schwartz (ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM)
9 - Alan Roberts (SEACAT SERVICE)
10 - Adrien Hardy (57)
11 - Loïck Peyron (ACTION ENFANCE)

Classement général
1. Xavier Macaire (Groupe SNEF) ;
2. Tanguy Le Turquais (Quéguiner) ;
3. Morgan Lagravière (Avec vous sur la Solitaire) ;
4. Benjamin Schwartz (Action contre la faim) ;
5. Armel Le Cléac'h (Banque Populaire) ;
6. Adrien Hardy (57) ;
7. Martin Le Pape (Skipper Macif 2017) ;
8. Yoann Richomme (Le Hub by OC Sport) ;
9. Justine Mettraux (Teamwork) ;
10. Pierre Quiroga (Skipper Macif 2019) ;
11. Yann Eliès (ST Michel) ;
12. Loïck Peyron (Action Enfance) ; etc.

And all results here:  https://www.solomaitrecoq.com/classement-2019

That Macif program is good in transferring its knowledge to new sailors.
And having two boats is not bad too, are they training on their own or in a group with other sailors?