Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tony-F18

Drone video I shot at my local spot

Bought a drone a few weeks ago and made a video at my local kitespot last weekend.

I hope to do some sailing videos this summer as well.

Good image quality but shot from too high up. Perhaps as a new pilot you are just discovering the techniques but the video would be much more interesting if it were closer to the kites.

^

There are legal limits on how closely drones can approach people. Around here anyway.

I've been closely buzzed by drones when windsurfing and it's an anti-social PITA. Like being followed by a over-grown mosquito.

^

There are legal limits on how closely drones can approach people. Around here anyway.

I've been closely buzzed by drones when windsurfing and it's an anti-social PITA. Like being followed by a over-grown mosquito.

I think the rules in the UK are the same as here, cant fly over 120m (400ft) or near airports.

Not sure about windsurfing but with kitesurfing you can't really hear it when its up at 50m like in the video.

I wouldn't object to the way you shot the video. The drones (plural) that pestered me were a few metres away.

Awesome! Cannot wait to get my kite out again!
If you're looking for a boat this summer perhaps we can help each other. Will organize some expeditions on a 86ft-er. Drone footage would be a-ma-zing!

Awesome! Cannot wait to get my kite out again!

If you're looking for a boat this summer perhaps we can help each other. Will organize some expeditions on a 86ft-er. Drone footage would be a-ma-zing!

I'm always interested in cool sailing trips, send me a message to get in touch.