Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyxs

J35 Bow pulpit plans

Hi All,

Bow Pulpit got smashed in some winter storms,

I don't have it anymore, does anyone have any plans for a pulpit? I have emailed J-yachts to no avail and before I go and start trying to get my own fabricated with the associated costs of measurements/it not fitting etc I thought i would ask if anyone had any plans if they have had theirs replaced etc?

Thanks

Andrew

Tyson might have one for sale...

too soon?

LOL! Yes - too soon.

If you publish a few specific measurements, one of us might have something appropriate.

I have smaller pulpits J-22, J-24, Catalina 27, Cal 25, Cal 9.2, San Juan 24, and I don't even know what else.

How far apart are the back bases

How far apart are the front bases

How far between the front and back bases ( generally the same on each side of the boat )

How far from the front bases to the bow?

How tall is the pulpit?

Does the pulpit extend in front of the boat?

( side note. The first three hundred or so J24 had a bow pulpit from which you could dengue a plumb bob and hit the front of the bow.

Later J-24 have a bow pulpit that extends in front of the boat . You could put a straight edge on the bow and the pulpit would touch it

Also the stern pulpit on the back of new J-24 extend straight above the transom.'

On the early J-24 the stern pulpit extended about six inches behind the boat. )

Ok back to the J-35. If you publish measurements I will check my stash and others may do the same

Tyson might have one for sale...

too soon?

He does have a welder that he's not afraid to use, could cone in handy for fabrication of a new pulpit

Try contacting Waterline Systems. They are in the old TPI factory and have many of the old drawings - no guarantee, but it can't hurt to check. I got a J/30 drawing I needed a few years back.

From their website:

Ted Slee
Customer Service – Parts Sales & Service/Repair
tslee@USWatercraft.com

401 247 3000 x319

Company in Port Huron MI makes them, They actually may have been the original supplier to TPI

White Water Marine, 810-987-4837

www.whitewatermarineinc.com

I am on at least my third... Rubbing is racing!

Company in Port Huron MI makes them, They actually may have been the original supplier to TPI

My kind of helm! But I only take-out the bow light and leave the pulpit intact.

Couple of weeks ago on a reachy leg where a 105 was a touch faster I hooked into their stern wave and I warned the helm, who was driving on the low side, not to worry if he felt our spin pole tickle him in the back, just go a little faster.

My kind of helm! But I only take-out the bow light and leave the pulpit intact.

Couple of weeks ago on a reachy leg where a 105 was a touch faster I hooked into their stern wave and I warned the helm, who was driving on the low side, not to worry if he felt our spin pole tickle him in the back, just go a little faster.

Lost two the first 3 years I had her, only one since. Lack of main trimmer training on dipping procedures is the most frequent culprit LOL! The rudder becomes only a suggestion in those situations!

I have mine rebuilt by a local welder. I long fell out of one-design since I race in the South Pacific and Hookipa is the only J35 1000's of miles around. It will be shorter to allow a custom mini-sprit for an asym.