Sign in to follow this  
Shootist Jeff

The serious transgender bathroom issue discussion

Some guy walks naked into a Girl Scout meeting and he's facing jail time and lifelong sex offender status. The Fed is saying that those same girl scouts must accept being exposed to a naked man in showers. WTF.

I've read Title IX, and it is clearly based on the difference between "men" and "women". That is why it exists. Obama is, yet again, writing law instead of enforcing law.

Can of worms - "Equal Protection" means that if I'm a man, regardless of my gender identity, I can use whatever shower I want if the courts rule in favor of this TG issue. I don't have to be TG to use the women's shower. You let one man in - I'm allowed as well - or I'll fucking sue and win, because no one can define my sex at any given moment besides me.

The biggest part of Fed money the Admin is threatening to withhold from schools is lunch programs. Does Obama really want to go there? A few million hungry kids so "Pat" can shower wherever he or she wants?

Read Title IX.

Go get em internet warrior! Might want to start cross dressing now so you've got a bit of history.

Have you read Title IX? Please do so. The Executive is making law and will lose in a huge way. I can't imagine anyone on the Supreme Court interpreting Title 9 in favor of TG rights. The entire thing is based on gender man and woman.

If SCOTUS rules in favor of TG, they rule against title 9's purpose - the best girls high school soccer team will have mostly boys.

Conundrum?

I'll quit watching beach volleyball.

The Whitehouse directive on transgender students doesn't have anything in it that hadn't already been implemented by many school systems.

Really? Which school systems currently allow a biological male to shower with females based on his/her gender identity.

Here is a school district that thinks they already meet all the "new" directives.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/14/some-local-school-districts-have-transgender-policies-in-place.html

Officials at the South-Western schools feel they're in compliance.
"We believe our current policies and practices are in line with the guidelines in the letter from the U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Department of Education," said spokeswoman Sandra Nekoloff. "We do not believe we will have to change any of our policies at this time.

In defense of you claim that many school districts have had policies in place for at least five years that are in line with the Whitehouse directive you cite for us one district that believes their one month old policy complies.

Why the fuck is everybody wasting so much time and money over a mental problem of 0.3 percent of the population.

Is it that high a percentage?

Why discuss deficit spending, foreign policy and world affairs, platforms and positions when you can distract with transgender identification issues? I would have thought a majority know how this all works. Strike that, it seems so few do.

Sad, isn't it? People who fancy themselves as being intelligent, even intellectually better than the average and all they can muster is disdain for those who don't see transgender rights as paramount.

Why the fuck is everybody wasting so much time and money over a mental problem of 0.3 percent of the population.

Why discuss deficit spending, foreign policy and world affairs, platforms and positions when you can distract with transgender identification issues? I would have thought a majority know how this all works. Strike that, it seems so few do.

Sad, isn't it? People who fancy themselves as being intelligent, even intellectually better than the average and all they can muster is disdain for those who don't see transgender rights as paramount.

Probably the same argument when blacks made up just 14% of the population in 1860.

The Whitehouse directive on transgender students doesn't have anything in it that hadn't already been implemented by many school systems.

Really? Which school systems currently allow a biological male to shower with females based on his/her gender identity.

Here is a school district that thinks they already meet all the "new" directives.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/14/some-local-school-districts-have-transgender-policies-in-place.html

"We believe our current policies and practices are in line with the guidelines in the letter from the U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Department of Education," said spokeswoman Sandra Nekoloff. "We do not believe we will have to change any of our policies at this time.

In defense of you claim that many school districts have had policies in place for at least five years that are in line with the Whitehouse directive you cite for us one district that believes their one month old policy complies.If you are dumb enough to claim all horses are black, I only have to show one white horse to prove you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Probably the same argument when blacks made up just 14% of the population in 1860.

You are not allowed to mention race, or that the same demographic opposing this opposed rights for black folks way back when.

Stites Rats!

Easily could be higher. They are able to camouflage quite well.

Bathrooms are one thing....non-issue. The locker and shower facilities will be a little more difficult/expensive to comply with. I've lived communally with other men since I was about 12. Jr High showers (they don't do that anymore because the kids don't want to be naked around other kids - instead they go to class after PE stinking like wet puppies), high school sports (swim, wrestle and football), military boot camp and both brown and blue water navy, beach guard, and then 37 years in fire stations. Military and fire department is not just after gym class, it is living together for 24 hours or longer. When I started it was communal facilities. Open bunk rooms beds 2 feet apart (closer in some crowded stations), gang showers, in the military it was even gang toilets with no dividers. I wouldn't enjoy mixed gender facilities in those living arrangements. In fact, we didn't really "enjoy" those facilities but it was the way it was. You adjusted and didn't think twice about it. (Although at one station about once a month we used to tape plastic tarp over the gang shower entrance, turn on the hot water till it steamed up and sit in the kitchen chairs wearing towels and smoked cigars in the makeshift "steam room". Pretty funny shit really).

Then the world started to change and social norms changed. Women entered all those scenarios in facilities not built to accommodate two genders living together. Mrs PB spent 28 years as a Firefighter and was one of the first women hired into that culture and setting. She said at first it was important to be "one of the guys" as much as possible (avoiding the "steam room of course") and it was uncomfortable. But the profession resisted the changes necessary to accommodate a mixed gender workforce. That was partially culture "we're not gonna let any damn 3 women change how we have been doing business here for hundreds of years", and partially economics because remodeling old firehouses into separate facilities for locker and shower was very expensive. Mrs PB worked at one station where she often had to go across the street to a McDonalds to pee if a male member of the crew was in the bathroom showering or otherwise occupied. Eventually there were enough women and the women in the workforce had matured enough to be confident in asserting their requirement for more privacy in the workplace. It took a few lawsuits around the nation but eventually and over time the accommodations were made. Turned out the males appreciated a little more privacy in the stations as well (as did their wives and girlfriends when thinking of their SO's living with females).

In short, even though there was plenty of opportunity for problems really very few emerged. Now its just "normal" to have those accommodations made.................for a very small percentage of the workforce...............

I also think POTUS stepped in it with conflicting existing statutes. It seems clear to me as Dog and Jeff point out that although probably well intentioned..........the sweeping order was stupidly in conflict with at least T9. I wouldn't have thought of that angle but it seems pretty clear there will need to be some adjustments as societal norms continue to evolve. You'd think the constitutional scholar would have thought about that so I wonder what the strategy is..............

In defense of you claim that many school districts have had policies in place for at least five years that are in line with the Whitehouse directive y

ou cite for us one district that believes their one month old policy complies.
If you are dumb enough to claim all horses are black, I only have to show one white horse to prove you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Sure... but what about the many school districts that have had policies that comply with Obama's directive for at least 5 years?

Bathrooms are one thing....non-issue. The locker and shower facilities will be a little more difficult/expensive to comply with. I've lived communally with other men since I was about 12. Jr High showers (they don't do that anymore because the kids don't want to be naked around other kids - instead they go to class after PE stinking like wet puppies), high school sports (swim, wrestle and football), military boot camp and both brown and blue water navy, beach guard, and then 37 years in fire stations. Military and fire department is not just after gym class, it is living together for 24 hours or longer. When I started it was communal facilities. Open bunk rooms beds 2 feet apart (closer in some crowded stations), gang showers, in the military it was even gang toilets with no dividers. I wouldn't enjoy mixed gender facilities in those living arrangements. In fact, we didn't really "enjoy" those facilities but it was the way it was. You adjusted and didn't think twice about it. (Although at one station about once a month we used to tape plastic tarp over the gang shower entrance, turn on the hot water till it steamed up and sit in the kitchen chairs wearing towels and smoked cigars in the makeshift "steam room". Pretty funny shit really).

Then the world started to change and social norms changed. Women entered all those scenarios in facilities not built to accommodate two genders living together. Mrs PB spent 28 years as a Firefighter and was one of the first women hired into that culture and setting. She said at first it was important to be "one of the guys" as much as possible (avoiding the "steam room of course") and it was uncomfortable. But the profession resisted the changes necessary to accommodate a mixed gender workforce. That was partially culture "we're not gonna let any damn 3 women change how we have been doing business here for hundreds of years", and partially economics because remodeling old firehouses into separate facilities for locker and shower was very expensive. Mrs PB worked at one station where she often had to go across the street to a McDonalds to pee if a male member of the crew was in the bathroom showering or otherwise occupied. Eventually there were enough women and the women in the workforce had matured enough to be confident in asserting their requirement for more privacy in the workplace. It took a few lawsuits around the nation but eventually and over time the accommodations were made. Turned out the males appreciated a little more privacy in the stations as well (as did their wives and girlfriends when thinking of their SO's living with females).

In short, even though there was plenty of opportunity for problems really very few emerged. Now its just "normal" to have those accommodations made.................for a very small percentage of the workforce...............

I also think POTUS stepped in it with conflicting existing statutes. It seems clear to me as Dog and Jeff point out that although probably well intentioned..........the sweeping order was stupidly in conflict with at least T9. I wouldn't have thought of that angle but it seems pretty clear there will need to be some adjustments as societal norms continue to evolve. You'd think the constitutional scholar would have thought about that so I wonder what the strategy is..............

Nice post PB, though I'm sure Obama consulted with the Department of Justice and secured an opinion before he even went there. The strategy is clear and this is just the next phase of the LGBT war where everyone affected is protected from discrimination. I think what we are seeing is a pushback from the religious right since the loss of same-sex marriage and Obama is making it clear that we aren't going to go there.

In defense of you claim that many school districts have had policies in place for at least five years that are in line with the Whitehouse directive y

ou cite for us one district that believes their one month old policy complies.
If you are dumb enough to claim all horses are black, I only have to show one white horse to prove you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Sure... but what about the many school districts that have had policies that comply with Obama's directive for at least 5 years?

Here is one. You can believe that this is the only one in the country or you can believe there are others. Doesn't matter to me what you choose to believe.

http://www.local10.com/education/us-gives-directive-to-schools-friday-on-transgender-bathroom-access

Miami-Dade County Public Schools spokeswoman Daisy Gonzalez-Diego told Local 10 News in a statement that the school district revised its anti-discrimination and harassment policy five years ago to ensure that it included gender identity.
"Miami-Dade County Public Schools has a long-standing and robust anti-discrimination and harassment policy which leads with compliance with all federal law and regulations of the U.S. Department of Education," the statement read. "Furthermore, our policy was revised five years ago to include gender identity. We have provided training to school personnel regarding the rights of all students to ensure that our schools continue to be safe havens of hope and opportunity while protecting the privacy rights of all of our students."

Treating people as sub-human because of skin pigmentation is the equivalent to requiring folks to use the toilet based on actual gender.

Tell me, are you trying to insult blacks or just demean them?

Treating people as sub-human because of skin pigmentation is the equivalent to requiring folks to use the toilet based on actual gender.

Tell me, are you trying to insult blacks or just demean them?

Discrimination is discrimination, there are no barriers to it unless the law protects those special classes. It doesn't surprise me that you don't get it, you seem to struggle with equality and the concept of protected classes.

Protected classes are ones that are given special privileges based on some personal preference, such as choice in which bathroom they are eligible to use or not baking a cake because you don't like who someone else falls in love with.......

Being that you are dumb as dirt it comes as no surprise to anyone you fail to grasp that.

Protected classes are ones that are given special privileges based on some personal preference, such as choice in which bathroom they are eligible to use or not baking a cake because you don't like who someone else falls in love with.......

Being that you are dumb as dirt it comes as no surprise to anyone you fail to grasp that.

When it comes to law you are as baffled as Adam on Mother's Day. Why don't you spend a few minutes educating yourself, or better yet, find someone to read it to you.

Oh why don't you explain it then. That would be most interesting in fact. Just can't wait to hear the legal foundation of why a man (or woman) should be allowed to use the women's (or men's) room based on a personal preference rather than biological construct.

I fear I have been insulting dirt of late.

Oh why don't you explain it then. That would be most interesting in fact. Just can't wait to hear the legal foundation of why a man (or woman) should be allowed to use the women's (or men's) room based on a personal preference rather than biological construct.

The only legal foundation would be if you pass a law stating which bathroom a free person can or cannot use.

Oh for the good old days when we could restrict bathroom use on the basis of something that didn't require looking for a cock. Skin color was so much easier for discrimination.

How cool! My brother was a valedictorian over fifty years ago at Southwestern and his Ph.D. daughter has served as editor for a book about the transgendered.

This reinforces my belief the professional educators will work these things out way before the politicians and anonymous on line know it alls.

Gouv gains knowledge by anecdotal osmosis....

This is very simple - We have six showers at every fuckng Junior high because your your sexuality is a "social construct" and fuck me for just getting by and trying to make a Fucking Living.

Please, shut up, you whining cunts. You have not lost a fucking dime because I made another dime.

My hair is parted one way rather than the

The only legal foundation would be if you pass a law stating which bathroom a free person can or cannot use.

So why pass a law that says they can use either?

Pointless laws are fucking stupid pacification of whining little shits.

Obama looks more and more like a pitiful joke every day.

Oh for the good old days when we could restrict bathroom use on the basis of something that didn't require looking for a cock. Skin color was so much easier for discrimination.

Laughing my ass off. Remember back when Sol provided a bit of ......but now?

So why pass a law that says they can use either?

Pointless laws are fucking stupid pacification of whining little shits.

Obama looks more and more like a pitiful joke every day.

Actually, the ordinance said you couldn't stop them from using either.

Sexist bastard you!

Well, so what? What's wrong with bein' sexy?

Fantastic! A school district claims they are good with the law, and you post a quote from some person.saying everything is good, so everything is good?

http://www.neola.com/southwestern-oh/search/ag/ag3122.htm

http://www.neola.com/southwestern-oh/search%5Cpolicies/po3122.htm

Try again.

My guess is most of those who are posting in this thread have never knowingly spent a minute conversing with a trans girl.

My bet is most who come up with arguments about guys in locker rooms have never known a trans girl well enough to know each others names.

My bet is zero of you who oppose access has a teenage daughter or son who regularly brings a trans friend home

I don't have the daughter or son but I do have the nieces and nephews and they do have the friends and I have met them and I don't know their names ( because I am piggy about learning names) but they do know mine.

My take?? I have not visited with any of them since this whole bathroom debate exploded. I don't think we have ever discussed the issue at all.

I think the trans people are each well qualified to choose the right bathroom or locker room and their selection has been situational for years.

Even in a locker room, personal positioning and use of a towel should be adequate to avoid raising the genital issue.

The sign on the door shows a skirt or pants.

Lots of people with pants use the dress room because they also wear skirts. Those wearing kilts also know they also wear pants)

The signs do not show penis and vagina

I have, at least once knowingly. He was pretty cute and flirty which made my brain hurt. He would have had a really tough time in a men's bathroom in the states. In Asia, it's no biggie.

And then, JUST TODAY I anchored next to a dude with long hair, white blouse (pirate shirt perhaps?) skin tight mermaid pants.

But, it was ok. He had skills, pulled up anchor and sailed away, main and jib, single handing.

Talk aboit a mind bender! Where the hell

Would he piss?

Maybe he was just a rock star?

We could eliminate the "gender gap" if the Fortune 400 decided to self identify as women.

I can't be called sexist for that remark .....because there is no sex

Imagine a country where there was no sexual identity....where we could be free of gender pay gaps because gender doesn't count.

This argument is going to be fun. Women get paid less, but who defines what a woman is.....Title IX?

Thanks Obama.

Imagine a country where there was no sexual identity....where we could be free of gender pay gaps because gender doesn't count.

This argument is going to be fun. Women get paid less, but who defines what a woman is.....Title IX?

Thanks Obama.

Imagine a country where boys who “identify” as girls and can play on the girls’ softball, basketball or badminton team or men's urinals are outlawed due to their discriminating nature... :lol:

I just don't get the timing. Why make this a national outrage now? There's no need to distract bigots from The Party's nominee, since they elected him. They know he's the nominee. Is this just a Party Unity campaign?

I have repeatedly warned the author of NCS that I consider references to chemical abuse to be a deliberate assault on my reputation and real life ability to make a living.

I have filed a complaint with the moderators requesting his access to these forums be terminated

She should do a book about her mentally-ill uncle who snorts epoxy resin.

I just don't get the timing. Why make this a national outrage now? There's no need to distract bigots from The Party's nominee, since they elected him. They know he's the nominee. Is this just a Party Unity campaign?

I'm telling you, this was not the R who started this. It was a manufactured issue in CLT that they knew the state would hammer down and they did it to kick the hornet's nest over on purpose.

Dude, knock this shit off. A few times is funny. Constant harping on this is stalking. Would you like us to start talking about how you steal Rx pain killers from your office and sell to Oxy addicts on the street in exchange for underage sex?

Fantastic. And thanks for a quote from someone who claims compliance so it must be true? Does South-Western allow Biological men to shower with women?

I actually spent about a half an hour trying to prove you right and I failed. Here's where I gave up -http://www.neola.com/southwestern-oh/search%5Cpolicies/po3122.htm

Maybe a single person's statement justifies the claim that -

We believe our current policies and practices are in line with the guidelines in the letter from the U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Department of Education

Co-ed showers? Nope.

Really love to see any school district in compliance --- cutting edge progressive.

Did anyone bother to actually read my post and links to Title IX?? The entire fucking premise of title 9 is "Separate but equal".

Separate but Really Equal, not Separate but wink-nod Negro Equal.

A very big difference.

Don't fucking bring race into this. That's a bullshit discussion. There are two separate sexes and the laws and courts have treated them as separate since the dawn of time. No one is discussing wink-wink equal. Schools have been accomodating tranny students for years now.

Furthermore, T9 specifically states that it is permissible to have separate bathrooms and showers for males and females. There is nothing in there about either making them gender neutral or someone putting on a dress and using the women's locker room because they felt like it.

Let's take this gender thing to the next step. This is about people feeling discriminated, stimatized and left out. Therefore, WTF would stop a straight man or a woman who sues in court from saying - "I just want to shower in the other sex's shower. I feel discriminated and left out by those women who are showering by themselves in the "separate but equal" facilities for men and women"?

If separate but equal is suddenly wrong - then gender neutral showers and shitters are the only recourse. Better knock down those bathroom walls, America.

There have always been two main races in our country, too, caucasian and black. The biggest problem with "Separate but Equal" has always been that it wasn't equal. Title IX didn't put "separate" into place, that was there all along; it just added "equal" to the mix. Folks don't like that "Equal" stuff. When people start talking about equal, those folks just want to throw down their toys and quit, and call for gender neutral bathrooms.

No matter how much you grit your teeth and stomp your feet, gender will not be a binary thing. There are folks who fall in between. Google "Klinefelder's Syndrome. I'm betting that if the folks who have it had a choice, they would choose not to have it. But they do, and there have been folks with it for quite some time now. I've never heard of a single one of them causing a ruckus in a bathroom.

Hey, speaking of that. Has anyone come up with an example of a transgender person actually causing a ruckus in a bathroom yet?

Again, that (race) is a BS analogy and one I would have expected better of you than to fall into that trap. The sexes have always had different bathrooms and showers by choice. They had separate but equal facilities BY CHOICE. Title IX was written specifically so women would have equal access to their OWN showers and lockers and sports teams and such. It was never about integration of the sexes. T9 also didn't give someone the right to choose their bathroom or locker room based on what they felt most comfortable with.

But enough of this BS aside - we are arguing past each other. We have a dilemma, I don't deny that in the least. Trannys don't feel comfortable going in the bath room of their chosen Identity. So what do we do? Separate but equal doesn't seem to cut it for them regardless that its worked for men and women for millennia. So even though they have been offered reasonable accommodations, that not good enough. We have to make them "comfortable" and allow them to fit in. OK fine. So what happens when a straight girl IS NOT comfortable in the shower with a tranny showering or changing next to her? This is the crux of the matter! Who's rights take precedence here? Her's or the tranny's? Does she have to suck it up and go somewhere else if she doesn't like it? And if she sues because she doesn't then want to also go in the staff bathroom either? Now what? What rights does that girl have to shower and change in privacy without a biological male next to her regardless how effeminate they might look and act?

You might want to drop this line of attack.

I'm telling you, this was not the R who started this. It was a manufactured issue in CLT that they knew the state would hammer down and they did it to kick the hornet's nest over on purpose.

Right. It couldn't possibly be because of the local residents that brought the issue to the city council. Clearly it's a sinister agenda that the Republicans were forced into bringing to the national stage.

And in unrelated news, man ties himself into pretzel trying to blame 'the gays' for Team Red's fuck up. :rolleyes:

This entire debate is bogus unless it's applied equally to each sex. Nobody seems to be concerned about a Trans using male amenities regardless of which gender they (the trans) identify with

I still want to know why its ok to accommodate the trannies who might feel uncomfortable using the shower/locker room of their birth sex and let them in the shower that they "identify" with. But its not ok if a girl says "I am NOT comfortable with that, I don't want he/she/it changing next to me". What's the accommodation for that girl?

Attack? That's just a poke in the ribs BJ.

Have you addressed Special Eddie's gay sex photos yet?

Right. It couldn't possibly be because of the local residents that brought the issue to the city council. Clearly it's a sinister agenda that the Republicans were forced into bringing to the national stage.

And in unrelated news, man ties himself into pretzel trying to blame 'the gays' for Team Red's fuck up. :rolleyes:

It was Obama who made it a federal case.

I still want to know why its ok to accommodate the trannies who might feel uncomfortable using the shower/locker room of their birth sex and let them in the shower that they "identify" with. But its not ok if a girl says "I am NOT comfortable with that, I don't want he/she/it changing next to me". What's the accommodation for that girl?

The tranny is a victim if another person's gender makes him/her uncomfortable. The girl is a bigot if another person's gender makes her uncomfortable.

Hey Jeffie, I really laugh when deadshits like you and Boothy call us Pusstralians. Because you guys are biggest bunch of scared little puritans on the planet. Scared of the human body, you have to pixilate nipples during mammogram items on the news. Scared of each other so you have to own a gun. Scared of your own government so you have a constitutional amendment so you can arm yourself against it. I get it, you nation was built on fucking each other over. Just like us, you have fucked over your indigenous community, Then you brought in slaves to fuck over and do all the hard work. Your national psyche is based on a fear of God and each other. The concept of having free healthcare, minimum wages and affordable education is so foreign to you that you label any sort of social cohesion as evil. Honestly the rest of the Western world shakes it's heads in the same way that a lot of you are shaking your head at Drumpf. We know we haven't got it right but we are so far ahead of you clowns because we don't fear each other.

Now your latest fear, since Muslims aren't scary enough anymore is transgender people. First point Jeffie, you can't even be polite and recognise the different between transsexual and transvestite, one is a gender identity and the other a sexual identity. If you can grow up and recognise that it is longer polite or appropriate to call African Americans Brown or negroes? Then you should treat people of trans gender with similar respect. This whole issue of birth gender designated toilets is just laughable. I don't know what you do in toilets Jeffie, but I don't go there to rest. I go to the toilet to micturate and to defecate which is a natural bi-product of digestion. And now you worried that you daughter might see a cock in the showers or some guy might see you daughter naked, most of Europe just laughs at your arcane, sad embarrassed thought process. Your language and arguements are so fearful and antiquated I just pity your poor children.

Your little kid must be getting up 4 or 5 now? Hope she's all good, I know you'd be a good dad.

Yeah, and it was them pesky nigras who kept sitting in the wrong end of the bus who started all the racial strife by demanding their rights.

Stites Rats!

This entire debate is bogus unless it's applied equally to each sex. Nobody seems to be concerned about a Trans using male amenities regardless of which gender they (the trans) identify with

Yep, which cuts the 0.3% down to 0.15% and I doubt if 20% of those are really concerned about it.

It's all about a few freaks who want everyone to make them feel 'special'.

Gay sex photos? Butt plugs are for everyone to enjoy independent of sexual preference or identity.

Fantastic. And thanks for a quote from someone who claims compliance so it must be true? Does South-Western allow Biological men to shower with women?

I actually spent about a half an hour trying to prove you right and I failed. Here's where I gave up -http://www.neola.com/southwestern-oh/search%5Cpolicies/po3122.htm

We believe our current policies and practices are in line with the guidelines in the letter from the U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Department of Education

Co-ed showers? Nope.

Really love to see any school district in compliance --- cutting edge progressive.

Dude running NY Schools stated on the radio this morning that they've been in compliance with these new rules, dating back to 2014.

Meaning, the Obama admin likely looked at the NYC rules as a starting point.

I don't buy it. NO ONE know of the Charlotte thing until the Rs got their panties in a twist in the state legislature. Now though, it's a fund raiser for both sides. Like any good mass shooting. Guns! Favre!

Trannys don't feel comfortable going in the bath room of their chosen Identity. So what do we do?

I think you mis-typed? Trannys feel comfortable going into the bath room of their chosen identity, and have been doing so for as long as there have been bathrooms.

It's only in the last 6 weeks that the US has gotten all crazed about it.

Hey Jeffie, I really laugh when deadshits like you and Boothy call us Pusstralians. Because you guys are biggest bunch of scared little puritans on the planet. Scared of the human body, you have to pixilate nipples during mammogram items on the news. Scared of each other so you have to own a gun. Scared of your own government so you have a constitutional amendment so you can arm yourself against it. I get it, you nation was built on fucking each other over. Just like us, you have fucked over your indigenous community, Then you brought in slaves to fuck over and do all the hard work. Your national psyche is based on a fear of God and each other. The concept of having free healthcare, minimum wages and affordable education is so foreign to you that you label any sort of social cohesion as evil. Honestly the rest of the Western world shakes it's heads in the same way that a lot of you are shaking your head at Drumpf. We know we haven't got it right but we are so far ahead of you clowns because we don't fear each other.

Now your latest fear, since Muslims aren't scary enough anymore is transgender people. First point Jeffie, you can't even be polite and recognise the different between transsexual and transvestite, one is a gender identity and the other a sexual identity. If you can grow up and recognise that it is longer polite or appropriate to call African Americans Brown or negroes? Then you should treat people of trans gender with similar respect. This whole issue of birth gender designated toilets is just laughable. I don't know what you do in toilets Jeffie, but I don't go there to rest. I go to the toilet to micturate and to defecate which is a natural bi-product of digestion. And now you worried that you daughter might see a cock in the showers or some guy might see you daughter naked, most of Europe just laughs at your arcane, sad embarrassed thought process. Your language and arguements are so fearful and antiquated I just pity your poor children.

Your comment is brilliant and pretty much spot on. America's attachment to fundamentalism is like sticking a rake in the spokes of a well tuned bicycle at high speed, It ruins more things than it fixes.

If that problem existed, I'd expect the school to do something about it

Ask your daughters, Flash....

It went from local to national when Obama sent letters to every school district that receives federal funds.

Wanting my daughter to be able to shower without being exposed to a cock and balls makes me a "bigot"?

I'm surprised that you would play the "bigot" card. That's the fall-back for PC idiots who can't argue on an intellectual level.

I did, just this morning. They looked at me like "What's the big deal, Dad?"

But no, they don't "know" of any transgender kids in the school. They said they didn't even think they would know if there WAS one - because, of course - it would be a girl, duh.

As to the other point, no one ever cares about the male transgenders.

But no, they don't "know" of any transgender kids in the school. They said they didn't even think they would know if there WAS one - because, of course - it would be a girl, duh.

What specifically did you ask them?

Do you go into the bathroom while your daughters are in there or vice/versa? I'd expect not, and if so, why not?

The point for me isn't about bathrooms, nor would I tolerate discriminating against a gender confused kid. Providing separate facilities to accommodate a gender-confused kid's different needs isn't discrimination. I think that Jeff's question earlier in the thread is one that you and others are conveniently ignoring: Why is it OK to infringe upon the many kids who[d be made uncomfortable by the presence of the gender confused kid in the changing room, just to assuage the feelings of the gender confused kid?

Who's going to monitor behavior in those gender integrated locker rooms? You gonna be OK w/an adult male teacher in your daughter's changing room? A female teacher in your boy's locker room? A gay male teacher in the boy's locker room? Lotsa noise of late about inappropriate behaviors going on between teachers and students - I seem to recall a recent instance in which one female teacher (in TX, IIRC) was criminally charged for sending topless pics of herself to a male student. Yet -with what's being proffered by President Obama's latest "guidance" - the setting for that very behavior will be mandated!

I don't feel that intimate facilities (locker/changing rooms) ought to integrate genders for kids.

There are reasons that we provide such segregation, privacy & protection are a couple that come to mind. We all know, or as parents should know how goofy hormonally imbalanced kids can be. I think that keeping the genders apart while the kids are changing is a good measure, and in eliminating that segregation, we will indeed find people pushing the rule, and localities will be prevented from addressing such cases - after all, our President's latest statement on this shows that localities can't be trusted to decide for themselves what's best.

If you think that forcing gender integration in intimate facilities for kids is a good idea - you'll have to have a compelling argument to get me to turn away from what I've learned in almost 30 years of parenting and association with young kids in schools.

I actually spent about a half an hour trying to prove you right and I failed. Here's where I gave up -http://www.neola.com/southwestern-oh/search\policies/po3122.htm

Co-ed showers? Nope.

Dude running NY Schools stated on the radio this morning that they've been in compliance with these new rules, dating back to 2014.

Meaning, the Obama admin likely looked at the NYC rules as a starting point.

The Obama admin said Township High School was in violation of Title IX for not allowing a transgender to use the showers in the women's locker room, even though the school set up a separate area in the locker room.

The NY policy? It doesn't seem to comply to me --

"A transgender student who expresses a need or desire for increased privacy should be provided with reasonable alternative arrangements. Reasonable alternative arrangements may include the use of a private area, or a separate changing schedule, or use of a single stall restroom. Any alternative arrangement should be provided in a way that protects the student’s ability to keep his or her transgender status confidential. " (Full Policy)

Perhaps we need 3 additional locker-rooms to accommodate trans males, trans females, and so called "non-binary".

What specifically did you ask them?

Do you go into the bathroom while your daughters are in there or vice/versa? I'd expect not, and if so, why not?

The point for me isn't about bathrooms, nor would I tolerate discriminating against a gender confused kid. Providing separate facilities to accommodate a gender-confused kid's different needs isn't discrimination. I think that Jeff's question earlier in the thread is one that you and others are conveniently ignoring: Why is it OK to infringe upon the many kids who[d be made uncomfortable by the presence of the gender confused kid in the changing room, just to assuage the feelings of the gender confused kid?

Who's going to monitor behavior in those gender integrated locker rooms? You gonna be OK w/an adult male teacher in your daughter's changing room? A female teacher in your boy's locker room? A gay male teacher in the boy's locker room? Lotsa noise of late about inappropriate behaviors going on between teachers and students - I seem to recall a recent instance in which one female teacher (in TX, IIRC) was criminally charged for sending topless pics of herself to a male student. Yet -with what's being proffered by President Obama's latest "guidance" - the setting for that very behavior will be mandated!

I don't feel that intimate facilities (locker/changing rooms) ought to integrate genders for kids.

There are reasons that we provide such segregation, privacy & protection are a couple that come to mind. We all know, or as parents should know how goofy hormonally imbalanced kids can be. I think that keeping the genders apart while the kids are changing is a good measure, and in eliminating that segregation, we will indeed find people pushing the rule, and localities will be prevented from addressing such cases - after all, our President's latest statement on this shows that localities can't be trusted to decide for themselves what's best.

If you think that forcing gender integration in intimate facilities for kids is a good idea - you'll have to have a compelling argument to get me to turn away from what I've learned in almost 30 years of parenting and association with young kids in schools.

I've said it before.

I'll deal with it if it's ever an issue.

It's been an issue with 1 kid in a country of 300 million in my lifetime. Odds are smaller than Larry E. naming me as his heir.

I just whizzed in my back yard, in the woods. Had a bit of performance anxiety, thinking that someone different was gonna hop out from behind a tree with girl penis in hand and bad intentions in heart. Can you imagine!

Tell them it's the girl with a dick.

I just whizzed in my back yard, in the woods. Had a bit of performance anxiety, thinking that someone different was gonna hop out from behind a tree with girl penis in hand and bad intentions in heart. Can you imagine!

Funny story. 6:00 am barely light and i'm taking a piss off my back deck and i see a deer 25' feet away on the edge of the tree line looking straight at me. I keep peeing. Focus a little more on the tree line and there is like 15 of them all doing the you cant see me thing all staring straight at me not moving. Now I'm uncomfortable and tuck my junk back in my shorts.

Weird but true stories of the bathroom chronicles.

Is the early morning off the deck piss a ritual? You might have a fan club.

Tell them it's the girl with a dick.

I don't have to. They know she's a girl. They didn't say it's about the body parts.

of course, my kids knew the mechanics of the body from about the age of 4 with age appropriate books. They have been the source of factual knowledge for their friends when they've had bad info. Like "can't get pregnant when" stories.

I suppose if you think the body is icky, you don't teach your kids and them seeing someone different may be scary.

Which ones? The ones YOU keep going on about?

For a guy that is so sensitive about what is put out there about him, you're pretty quick to repeat and propagate a lot of slurs without even being prompted.

I was deucing in a public bathroom and some guy came in and yelled something that scared the shit out of me.

Cheers to Top Gun, released 30 years ago today.

It was Obama who made it a federal case.

Who made a state wide prohibition against transgender people using certain bathrooms? Pretty sure that responsibility rests with Team Red. Had they left locals to deal with their local issues, there'd be nothing to challenge in court. That's what happens when Team Red stops the small government platitudes and acts according to their big government ideals - the Supreme Court inevitably gets involved.

Personally, I wasn't aware Obama was a transgender person... you know, the people JBSF is blaming for making this a wedge issue. You must be visiting areas of the Internet I stay well away from.

Today-I-am-a-woman.jpg?w=1081

Funny, not accurate but funny.

What Nanny the Idiot thinks Transgender teens look like:

What they actually look like:

I-Am-Jazz.jpg

Actually, we're looking at gender-fluid, not to be confused with brake fluid.

Actually, we're looking at gender-fluid, not to be confused with brake fluid.

For a Dr, you really don't understand medical conditions.