looks like doug devos was shaken up today by his wife's embarrassment of a hearing yesterday..SAD!

Not his wife, she's Dick Jr's wife. Doug is Dick's brother's (Doug) kid.

The guys are working on that, but yes is the answer. I'll post links here and to social media. In the meantime...

HIGHLIGHTS VIDEO: Day 3 – 52 SUPER SERIES at Quantum Key West Race Week

Live show again today from 10:50. Don't forget to send in your questions or comments for the guys in the studio, I'm monitoring this...

If the super series could expand to one sailing venue, where do you think the sailors would want to wind up? Sam Francisco? Sydney? Cowes? Newport?

looks like doug devos was shaken up today by his wife's embarrassment of a hearing yesterday..SAD!

Not his wife, she's Dick Jr's wife. Doug is Dick's brother's (Doug) kid.

That's what I get for not doing any research, thank you.

where is the live video link? all i saw on the 52super series wbesite was virtualeye

If the super series could expand to one sailing venue, where do you think the sailors would want to wind up? Sam Francisco? Sydney? Cowes? Newport?

That wouldn't make sense? You got rich guys from all over who like to travel to different beautiful venues.

shame about the audio quality dropping out but this is awesome coverage!

Ya, that was a little annoying but I guess shit happens. Our man Daniel is probably reading this and likely do something about it if they can. They seem to be paying attention.

the 52 Super Series is awesome........

Remarkably close racing. This truly is the pinnacle of Grand Prix sailing.

Quantum seems to have fixed whatever ailed them yesterday. amazing that there are 3 boats tied on 42 points after 9 races. nail biter :)

shame about the audio quality dropping out but this is awesome coverage!

Ya, that was a little annoying but I guess shit happens. Our man Daniel is probably reading this and likely do something about it if they can. They seem to be paying attention.

I think they knew about it, kept asking "stu can you hear me" sort of stuff. no biggy.

Would have liked to have seen GPS speed on the virtual eye a few times, but i suppose i also could have just loaded up the tracker and had that window on the other monitor... you know, the one i was doing my work on...

Quantum seems to have fixed whatever ailed them yesterday. amazing that there are 3 boats tied on 42 points after 9 races. nail biter :)

7 boats could win it. 7 boats have won a race. Every team has podiumed. It's been fun to watch.

Been that way since the MedCup days. Best sailing on the interwebs, keep up the great work guys.

Been that way since the MedCup days. Best sailing on the interwebs, keep up the great work guys.

+1 Little tough on the work productivity...but great to watch. Hopefully this can carry over to next events.

HIGHLIGHTS VIDEO: Day 4 – 52 SUPER SERIES at Quantum Key West Race Week

3pts between 1st and 5th with a race left so should be interesting. Planned start is 11:00.

Absolutely great coverage. Given the closeness of the top 5, it would be great to have a real-time showing of a "if the regatta ended now" results list shown periodically during the race.

Thanks for some great work.

what an awesome last race. I'm going to chalk up the problems with virtual eye and the live feed to all of the interwebs covering some thing going on in Washington today. Quantum really nailed that first upwind leg and then just had to stay in pressure. Close racing and really well done - not just the sailors, but the coverage was great. We need more coverage like this.

Oh, and of course - big props to Bora filling some big shoes on Q. Wait til Miami - let's see how well he drives one of these beasts!

great finish.......tight regatta.....the 52 super series is going to be a battle this season

great finish.......tight regatta.....the 52 super series is going to be a battle this season

+1. Looking forward to the Miami event. Any Florida pundits want to chime in what we can expect weather wise?

+1. Looking forward to the Miami event. Any Florida pundits want to chime in what we can expect weather wise?

Depends on what and how strong the potential cold fronts are. Timing and strength are everything this time of year. Other than that it may be sea-breeze controlled if it is warm. On that coast it is a good thing, start with a light easterly and build as the day goes on. Somebody from Miami may need to chime in on that aspect.

HIGHLIGHTS VIDEO: Day 5 – 52 SUPER SERIES at Quantum Key West Race Week

Like some have said, way closer than last year already. Bring on Miami!

And thanks for all the comments / suggestions, we're definitely listening, and we hope you're noticing the changes. Saludos!

Great work on the livestream and the daily videos, we appreciate having them to watch and enjoy. We'll see you in Miami, I hope to get down there for a day or two..

Depends on what and how strong the potential cold fronts are. Timing and strength are everything this time of year. Other than that it may be sea-breeze controlled if it is warm. On that coast it is a good thing, start with a light easterly and build as the day goes on. Somebody from Miami may need to chime in on that aspect.

Thanks for your comments ~HHN92~. Just curious that's all. Haven't had the pleasure of sailing there.

And paying attention Daniel for us.

Thanks again, Dan Nixon!! Now, how does one get to crew or even just ride on one of those awesome machines in Miami??

What is that new type of vang on Q where it looks like a line from the boom down into a tube, no fixed point at the boom? I have not seen that setup before and some of the other boats do not seem to have it.

Not to infringe on the bungy thread, but those douses are amazing.

What is that new type of vang on Q where it looks like a line from the boom down into a tube, no fixed point at the boom? I have not seen that setup before and some of the other boats do not seem to have it.

The tube as you say is hollow and provides support once the main is down seating on a fitting on the boom and on the mast or deck, it has a line running through it attaching to the boom. The line runs through a fitting on the aft face of the mast, just above the partners, or through a deck fitting, and then down onto the bilge where the purchase system lives. The tail runs aft, appearing out of the deck aft of the traveller.

Is the live video archived anywhere? I couldn't find any mention of it in any press release, which only mentioned virtual stuff, and missed whatever they had!

FULL HIGHLIGHTS: 52 SUPER SERIES at Quantum Key West Race Week

The next event starts on 8th March, thanks for following!

Hope to get down there for a day to see things live.

Great if you can. Give us a report from our perspective.

Cheers

Any know what happened to the Phoenix program, just saw her for sale in seahorse? Thought this was meant to be a very serious US program?

Any truth that the New Interlodge has been sold to the Gladiator program?

Thanks for the info, great boats that only seem to get better and better!

Phoenix got tired of being taken for a ride by the pros onboard who billed big and delivered small.

That rumor about gladiator is pretty well substantiated.

Thanks

Is the live video archived anywhere? I couldn't find any mention of it in any press release, which only mentioned virtual stuff, and missed whatever they had!

Yep, it's just been posted:

http://bit.ly/2k91Nlu

Thanks Dan. that page has autoplays enabled for the embeds, so they all start when you load the single page and obliterate the senses. Pass it along to fix. (hint: <autoplay = "no">)

^^^^ vascotto sails on Azzura, and I only know this from watching all these awesome videos, I claim no expertise here as being an 'insider'

And I'm saying neither mr. Moustachio or the angry Italian were able to deliver either in the US or Europe. IIRC first they snapped the rig sailing in a straight line then got dead last around MV.

And I'm saying neither mr. Moustachio or the angry Italian were able to deliver either in the US or Europe. IIRC first they snapped the rig sailing in a straight line then got dead last around MV.

You know a lot for a guy who grew up sailing j30's.....

Saw today that 52 SuperSeries has confirmed the sale of Interlodge to the Gladiator team. Anyone know the Scuttlebutt behind this sale? Seems pretty expensive to build a brand new 52 for just one regatta then sell it.

Dan, where will the boats be moored in Miami and any viewing availability?

https://youtu.be/6-eY8IV8y24

The TP52s will be docked on Pier F of Miami Beach Marina. And the tenders and organisation boats will be at the floating pontoon. Normally the access to the pier is restricted to the users of the mooring (there is a lockable door..) but I guess we will keep it open when the guys are around (dock out and arrival). In any case, from the public walkway you will be able to see the boats perfectly.

The TP52s will be docked on Pier F of Miami Beach Marina. And the tenders and organisation boats will be at the floating pontoon. Normally the access to the pier is restricted to the users of the mooring (there is a lockable door..) but I guess we will keep it open when the guys are around (dock out and arrival). In any case, from the public walkway you will be able to see the boats perfectly.

Thanks, was there several years ago with the RC44's so I know the marina. (ended-up driving a photo boat one day) Will the parking lot be used as a 'race village' for the crews like the 44's did?

Your facts are not entirely accurate

https://youtu.be/6-eY8IV8y24

Thanks, was there several years ago with the RC44's so I know the marina. (ended-up driving a photo boat one day) Will the parking lot be used as a 'race village' for the crews like the 44's did?

I believe that the containers will take over the parking lot, but as for an actual race village / social area, I'll need to get back to you on that.

Your facts are not entirely accurate
That's kinda what IIRC is meant for.

PREVIEW VIDEO: 52 SUPER SERIES Miami Royal Cup

Racing starts on Tuesday 7th, Live TV from Thursday for the final three days!

awesome Dan....THANK YOU (and the TP52 class) for all that you've done

On what TV ?

Just asked a buddy who's working with another team- he doesn't know at this point...

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest 25kt breeze and gravity played big factors...

decisions decisions....new rig or new boat?

They've had fun wringing the best out of an old boat, time to send it and pick up a newer boat...2yr old Gladiator maybe!

Having just watched the footage posted on QuantumRacing's Instagram, it was pretty lumpy out there!

Yeah, saw some shots of allegre and that vid as well, right now it's blowing 25 with a 2m swell, surely there's some 3m "moisturizers" mixed in.

Andi is live dockside, any questions??

https://www.facebook.com/52SuperSeries/videos/1601081736568976/

Thanks Dan. From the vid I gather the racing should commence at 3PM EST? Sounds like your having an easterly this morning and I assume you are expecting a change? Too light now maybe?

the first and last days of this regatta, I almost can never get virtual eye to play reliably.