Sign in to follow this  
TMSAIL

I actually liked L Lynch, Until this story Broke WTF was She thinking

FBI reputation is on the line now.

Agreed. Law or politics? I have faith in Comey and will respect his decision - either way.

I have more faith in the tooth fairy..

Just maybe she knows what REALLY happened to Vince Foster. :huh:

Neither Bill nor Lynch are stupid people nor are they new to legal ethics or public service sunshine laws, conflict of interest law etc.

It sounds like Bill delayed his departure to seek if not force a meeting. The security person that described the event said Bill and his detail approached without warning or pre-arrangement and the detail went to speak to Lynch's detail while Bill walked directly onto the plane without stopping or seeking permission.

Any reasonable person would immediately laugh off the idea that only in hindsight they realized this was inappropriate.

There had to be something mighty important on Bill's mind for him to risk the likely fallout.

Neither Bill nor Lynch are stupid people nor are they new to legal ethics or public service sunshine laws, conflict of interest law etc.

It sounds like Bill delayed his departure to seek if not force a meeting. The security person that described the event said Bill and his detail approached without warning or pre-arrangement and the detail went to speak to Lynch's detail while Bill walked directly onto the plane without stopping or seeking permission.

Any reasonable person would immediately laugh off the idea that only in hindsight they realized this was inappropriate.

There had to be something mighty important on Bill's mind for him to risk the likely fallout.

Who knows. But I suspect he just wanted to throw a wrench in the works in order to get a special prosecutor assigned and delay the outcome until after the election when if they win they can control the outcome, and Lynch fell for it.

I've always thought that Obama would eventually throw them under the bus once the timing was right.

There is actually no love lost between the two families in spite of the political charade, and most certainly Obama has read that wonderful book by Machiavelli which is required reading for all US politicians.. ;)

Caught in a web of lies.

More Problems In The Clinton-Lynch Meeting Story: The Phantom Golf Game And The Difference Between Arriving And Leaving…

As we previously reported, Bill Clinton claimed intially one of the reasons he was in Phoenix was to play golf.

Christopher Sign, the reporter who broke the story of the meeting could find no proof that Clinton actually played golf while there on that trip. He later reported that Clinton was in town for a fundraiser at a private home in Phoenix.

Yet Loretta Lynch claims that one of the things that they talked about was "the golf he played in Phoenix". We also previously reported on her noting their discussion was "primarily social", asking of course, then what else that wasn't social was covered?

But here's another problem that we haven't seen anyone observe.

As has been noted by Sign and others, the Clinton flight was supposed to leave but was delayed which allowed him to meet with Lynch after she landed on the tarmac.

Screen-Shot-2016-07-04-at-10.21.56-AM-55

Here's an account from the Observer, which notes that after she met with him, she then went about her various meetings for which she had come to Phoenix.

Then her detail finally got her off the plane, now much delayed, and departed for her day’s events. She had a series of visits planned for Tuesday.”

The problem?

This.

Screen-Shot-2016-07-04-at-10.03.01-AM-55

Listen to it again in Sign's report here:

She says she saw Clinton "as I was leaving'". But she actually met with him as soon as she arrived, not as she was leaving, as Sign and the Observer have noted.

So basic factual problem there-there's a big difference between arriving and leaving. Perhaps because saying "I saw him as I was leaving" sounds briefer and more chance than "I saw him the minute my plane touched down on arrival".

Which is it, Ms. Lynch, and why the confusion?

On 7/2/2016 at 4:44 PM, Gouvernail said:

Two more reasonable ways to look at the meeting :

Her side:

The ex president of the USA wants to chat with me. I need to hear him out.

His side:

I need to chat with that woman, find out what she is planning to do, and manage this situation

Yes, people want to talk to ex-Presidents. And AG's are sort of people too. Generally a bit less human than the average corporation but we can still consider them people.

On 12/23/2017 at 7:12 AM, Uncooperative Tom said:

Yes, people want to talk to ex-Presidents. And AG's are sort of people too. Generally a bit less human than the average corporation but we can still consider them people.

There are a lot of things I’d like to do but don’t because they are wrong.  They met to discuss Cankles email investigation.  

2 minutes ago, Rockdog said:

There are a lot of things I’d like to do but don’t because they are wrong.  They met to discuss Cankles email investigation.  

Even assuming that is true, so what?

The operative words in Tom's post were ex-President.

Do you not understand the difference between that and a sitting President?

Here's a hint - one has enormous power and authority.

The other only has somewhat more influence than most people.

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Even assuming that is true, so what?

The operative words in Tom's post were ex-President.

Do you not understand the difference between that and a sitting President?

Here's a hint - one has enormous power and authority.

The other only has somewhat more influence than most people.

Means a lot when it’s not only an ex- sedentary th Enron’s wet and influence (via his scam of a foundation) and the husband of a presidential candidate who is under investigation of serious criminal activity.

27 minutes ago, random said:

This thread is funni now.  All the Trump stuff has now made this meeting look pretty tame.

Dilbert!

16 minutes ago, Rockdog said:

Dilbert!

Can you translate this rallying cry for me?

2 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Can you translate this rallying cry for me?

See Guys ‘Dilbert’ thread.  It’s spot-on for PA these days.

I had forgotten about Rockdog, what is it about IDs with dog? Looks like this one got flicked or went to the farm in the country. And was reborn.