dylan winter

Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

None better. Je suis un lucky bugger. She took me on what I persuaded her were the standard Essex skippering terms of a shag and a shilling.  I still have the shilling.   

7 hours ago, softdown said:

With Vag raking in $8500/week, I can't blame them for trying. My question would be....why watch someone with neglible sailing experience?

On the other hand....seems like a good gig for a bloke who can get a decent boat and establish a good youtube presence. Getting a continually new crew of bikinis almost assuredly guarantees a full life, or a life full of drama?

Who really loses anyway? It isn't like anyone is being forced to watch.

I suspect someone with no sailing experience is much easier to relate to for the average shorebound dreamer than someone who  is efficient and competent. They can see themselves there making the same mistakes and surviving with a shrug and a good laugh about it.

Also...by the time you have lots of experience sailing, you're older. Hot twenty & early thirty-somethings sell better with skin than us old farts.

2 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

I suspect someone with no sailing experience is much easier to relate to for the average shorebound dreamer than someone who  is efficient and competent. They can see themselves there making the same mistakes and surviving with a shrug and a good laugh about it.

Also...by the time you have lots of experience sailing, you're older. Hot twenty & early thirty-somethings sell better with skin than us old farts.

There are still some in the Millennium generation that can sail, have better skin, AND aren't shaking the Patreon cup.

There will always be kids screwing around with boats, gives me hope for the future.

Except of course that YouTube is the contemporary equivalent of the Daily Express c. 1976. 

11 minutes ago, A horse, of course said:

Except of course that YouTube is the contemporary equivalent of the Daily Express c. 1976. 

Sure ....how you wipe your arse with a YouTube clip then?

One of the couples disparaged here a couple of pages back is active on the Ericson forums.  They say that when they do an episode all about the boat, or sailing topics, it sinks like a brick.  

Here's Clickbait, Ver 1. c. 1959, in the promo for Eric and Susan Hiscock's film Beyond the West Horizon

hiscock.thumb.jpg.22bf89cc96ad7ba192999bf0e4d45b0d.jpg

On 25 June 2017 at 8:30 PM, random said:

Yep, there are at least 249,000 people out there that haven't seen a nipple in real life, for quite some time.  Have to get their jollies with a mouse.

I hope they wrap the mice in masking tape so they don't burst.

3 hours ago, A horse, of course said:

Here's Clickbait, Ver 1. c. 1959, in the promo for Eric and Susan Hiscock's film Beyond the West Horizon

hiscock.thumb.jpg.22bf89cc96ad7ba192999bf0e4d45b0d.jpg

Definitely click bait and a pioneer of the medium I suspect. If you look carefully I believe the photo was taken in their backyard on the Isle of Wight and the model a lass from Greenland who worked down at the local cafe. No wonder he sold s lot of books.

No need to drool too much. She has only gone from an A cup to a B.

Nice but not enough to pop the fly buttons.

La Vag are getting some excellent advice

they are revamping their offer - the cameraman, the teeshirts, beer coolers etc etc.

They also have 1300 people paying to see the films(and new busters) before anyone else.

Their patreon numbers are rising all the time - which I think is jolly good.

Contrary to some comments that  these two just begging their way around the planet these two work bloody hard at what they are doing - and are exceptionally good at it. To dismiss it as beggging is to fail to understand what the project is about

the main focus is still those 1300 patreon tappers who chip in $5 or $6 a week - week in week out. The 200,000 hits per film help Outremar to offer them a good deal on a cat (not free) but the people who count are those patreon people

all the rest of us who watch the films two weeks late count for zip all - those other 190,000 freeloading hits on youtube are merely a pool of potential recruits to the patreon buster watccchers.

this is what counts

http://kk.org/thetechnium/1000-true-fans/

and for people who don't like reading

They've turned their dream job into a Nightmare. Must be hard to keep this all going with mounting costs. I guess they've got a few peoples with a vested interest to make sure it succeeds now but still has to put a lot of stress on their relationship having to keep to a strict schedule. 

2 hours ago, SCANAS said:

They've turned their dream job into a Nightmare. Must be hard to keep this all going with mounting costs. I guess they've got a few peoples with a vested interest to make sure it succeeds now but still has to put a lot of stress on their relationship having to keep to a strict schedule. 

This isn't a new scenario.  Coming from the windsurfing industry, many people think about how awesome it must be traveling around the world, going to various beaches, selling, competing, being in the rags, and promoting.  But, at the end of the day, you find your self windsurfing less, and "working" more.  And suddenly, you start to loath the whole scene and you burn out. Turing your hobby into job kinda kills the fun of your hobby.  I've heard similar stories from those coming from the golf industry as well.   I suppose if you are making reams of cash, it softens the blow, but if you are just making a living like any other duffer out there, it wears thin.    I suppose the sailing industry could be similar.  You end up living booth to booth to booth, rather then actually getting out on the water like you used to.  I do wonder if "La Vag" is having as much fun as they seemed to be having when they first started out.  I've stopped watching so, I dont know.  Im sure they put on a good show.

5 hours ago, dylan winter said:

La Vag are getting some excellent advice

they are revamping their offer - the cameraman, the teeshirts, beer coolers etc etc.

They also have 1300 people paying to see the films(and new busters) before anyone else.

Their patreon numbers are rising all the time - which I think is jolly good.

Contrary to some comments that  these two just begging their way around the planet these two work bloody hard at what they are doing - and are exceptionally good at it. To dismiss it as beggging is to fail to understand what the project is about

the main focus is still those 1300 patreon tappers who chip in $5 or $6 a week - week in week out. The 200,000 hits per film help Outremar to offer them a good deal on a cat (not free) but the people who count are those patreon people

all the rest of us who watch the films two weeks late count for zip all - those other 190,000 freeloading hits on youtube are merely a pool of potential recruits to the patreon buster watccchers.

this is what counts

http://kk.org/thetechnium/1000-true-fans/

and for people who don't like reading

Dylan there I was thinking you are the master but you forgot that these video people need to have a uber drone budget...anything can happen.

http://ab.co/2uc7p2A - via @abcnews

2 hours ago, SCANAS said:

There's an old saying- "Don't turn your hobby into your vocation."

1 hour ago, Ajax said:

There's an old saying- "Don't turn your hobby into your vocation."

Except what happens when your hobby needs a vocation to afford to keep the boat bucks flowing?

How many channels have started & fizzled in the last year not quite being able to reach the critical mass?

Boo hoo,

I say turning your hobby into a job is turning pro. Good for these guys for upping the ante and making it happen, drones and Outremer included. Whether or not a couple's relationship survives being in business together is a side bar issue. Good luck to them!

(I haven't watched any of these except at the beginning of their trip...I do like their buddies Norlin 37 in this video though...)

My eldest daughter who is as smart as tack and a font of knowledge for all things digital and social media wise (maybe she was adopted and no one told me) simply said;

"Dad your over complicating it all; these Patreon Vagabonde morons have no interest in sailing other than looking at  postcard images wishing they were there, but overiding that they are simply hoping for some sort of boat catastrofuck, or the girl will get pregnant, or she/he will fall in love with the fuel dock bowser boy in Turkey and they leave each other or all of the above...these idiots simply want to be the first to know so they have something weird to talk about with their friends that is out of the ordinary"

Somehow I think she may be on the money. If so she is not adopted.

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

My eldest daughter who is as smart as tack and a font of knowledge for all things digital and social media wise (maybe she was adopted and no one told me) simply said;

"Dad your over complicating it all; these Patreon Vagabonde morons have no interest in sailing other than looking at  postcard images wishing they were there, but overiding that they are simply hoping for some sort of boat catastrofuck, or the girl will get pregnant, or she/he will fall in love with the fuel dock bowser boy in Turkey and they leave each other or all of the above...these idiots simply want to be the first to know so they have something weird to talk about with their friends that is out of the ordinary"

Somehow I think she may be on the money. If so she is not adopted.

If you remove the context of sailing, that sounds like pretty much 90%+ of the consumers of whatever social media you care to talk about.   I'd say more likely she is simply projecting the habits of her and her friends than any biting analysis of exactly why THIS pair or Delos have become the #1 consumed sailing content on social media.

1 hour ago, Dilligaf0220 said:

If you remove the context of sailing, that sounds like pretty much 90%+ of the consumers of whatever social media you care to talk about.   I'd say more likely she is simply projecting the habits of her and her friends than any biting analysis of exactly why THIS pair or Delos have become the #1 consumed sailing content on social media.

I think you missed the point ..but then I would say more likely she is brighter than you.

31 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Only a trailer but very slick on the production and editing front when you have a few dollars.

Jack,

Not long ago a short one minute trailer like this could easily cost 100k. With the advance of digital photography, and whole suite digital editing of both sound and video, not to mention the more recent introduction of drones, a small film crew can come reasonably close at a fraction of the cost. Something like the Waterlust crew, while certainly not underfunded, put out a high quality product with a small crew that would've never been possible twenty years ago. It was none other than Francis Ford Coppolla who used to muse about a new era where any kid with a camera and a computer and some talent could not be stopped.

I think we sometimes forget how relatively new the era of YouTube gorilla filmmaking actually is. It's all to taste, and you certainly don't need a drone to make a tight film, and sure, some are certainly better than others. (Admittedly, the Comanche spot sure is a tad more than 'gorilla filmmaking' (industry slang for shoestring budget) but the budget might surprise).

19 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

For the addicts... infortunatley reluctant to get them off the leash so viewing stats will plummet I suspect.

I think you do more to keep them going and watching than anybody. 

Cool video.

They seem happy.  You guys seem angry, LOL.

PS - Just noticed their little Outremer was doing ~8 knots in ~8 knots of true wind speed.  Not bad advertising!  So easy a La Vagabonde can do it!

I think I understand the concept of "guerrilla film-making," but I'm a little fuzzy on the "gorilla" kind.  The director beats his chest and yells a lot?  Stomps on the camera?  Chases the script girl...?

42 minutes ago, toddster said:

I think I understand the concept of "guerrilla film-making," but I'm a little fuzzy on the "gorilla" kind.  The director beats his chest and yells a lot?  Stomps on the camera?  Chases the script girl...?

Could be either or I guess, but probably no script girl in 'guerrilla' film making. Ha Ha!!

6 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

I think you missed the point ..but then I would say more likely she is brighter than you.

And you missed my point, she is simply parroting. 

VidCon just wrapped up this weekend, the annual convention of invite only "content creators" from various social media platforms.  Clickbait thumbnails & various drama inducing storylines to attract and grow their fanbase were undoubtedly a hot topic amongst creators.

I can't recall if I ever mentioned this couple, arguably the most successful sailing couple that has used mostly digital media to generate a livelihood, but undoubtedly they've been doing it the longest.  "Retired" ex-tv producers from Canada they are now on their third sponsored boat, and have been doing this successfully for ever a decade.  First selling their CD's mail order, now I believe they are up to 10 seasons available pay per view on Vimeo.  So La Vag isn't breaking new ground here, they've had a long association with Southerly, and apparently are continuing that relationship with the new owners, and their own model of boat.

(Their videos have that overly produced cheap television feel because...well that's what they do.  They've managed to sell their packaged seasons to a few cable & satellite stations over the years).

6 hours ago, Dilligaf0220 said:

I can't recall if I ever mentioned this couple, arguably the most successful sailing couple that has used mostly digital media to generate a livelihood, but undoubtedly they've been doing it the longest.  "Retired" ex-tv producers from Canada they are now on their third sponsored boat, and have been doing this successfully for ever a decade.  First selling their CD's mail order, now I believe they are up to 10 seasons available pay per view on Vimeo.  So La Vag isn't breaking new ground here, they've had a long association with Southerly, and apparently are continuing that relationship with the new owners, and their own model of boat.

(Their videos have that overly produced cheap television feel because...well that's what they do.  They've managed to sell their packaged seasons to a few cable & satellite stations over the years).

"DVD sales apear to have fallen off a cliff" - the man from sony

I agree - they have been doing a good job for years - and produced a well made DVD set each year.

I am sure they have struggled in the wake of the demise of the DVD.

We all generally want it now, we want it for free - or we will click on the freely available films from the sailors with their surgically enhanced busters

Dylan

I'm mighty envious of that new dink they have on LV. It's a 10ft Highfield fitted with a 15hp Honda. NICE

Including VAT that doesn't leave too much change from $10,000.

10 hours ago, dylan winter said:

"DVD sales apear to have fallen off a cliff" - the man from sony

I agree - they have been doing a good job for years - and produced a well made DVD set each year.

I am sure they have struggled in the wake of the demise of the DVD.

We all generally want it now, we want it for free - or we will click on the freely available films from the sailors with their surgically enhanced busters

Dylan

Their target market is/was the late 40's/50's crowd with disposable income, but still young enough for "one last adventure".  Once DVD sales "fell off a cliff", they were the first to embrace the Vimeo pay per view system, and are apparently doing well enough there they don't feel the need to change anything.  Add in a few niche television sales...and well apparently they are responsible for a double digit percentage of Southerly's sales over the years.  There's a reason they are on their third subsidized boat.

Youtube is a poor revenue generation tool, not just for sailing (or especially for sailing, I'm sure as you've found out).  It's a marketing tool.  Their marketing is VERY targeted, they know their demographic, and tailor their product accordingly.  Their marketing expenses are pretty much limited to flights & hotels on the boat show speaking tour, where they have more demand for dates than they have time for.

It's been interesting following them over the years, as a marketing exercise if nothing else.

So when are you getting that drone Dylan?  LMAO!

It is on the list

I aim to have one by the time I take this boat

894533_0-1.jpg

through here

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/37140739?source=wapi&referrer=kh.google.com

it is the passage between loch tarbert and inner loch tarbert on Jura

It will  have to be 4K. I have boought the main 4K camera

in the meantime I am sailing the little motorsailor

Many a slip twixt cup and lip though.

On 2017-07-01 at 3:28 AM, dylan winter said:

Not sure if this one has been mentioned

Abandon Comfort

Nice looking couple - 50,000 views per film - well shot....

47 patrons $240 per film

While she is easy to look at, what they are doing to that Hallberg Rassy is not...they're butchering that nice old boat. I do agree with the bit about upgrading the shore power connection to a Smart Plug though.

They installed a queen sized bed with decent headroom. Look at her, the guy's got his priorities straight.

16 hours ago, dylan winter said:

two blokes heading for alaska

well filmed , well cut, witty

Not bad... but not a bikini in sight!  

At least this guy has a twist: "Quit his job to attend film school" before sailing off.  Good grief... competence?  What a novel idea!  

On 7/1/2017 at 4:28 PM, dylan winter said:

Not sure if this one has been mentioned

Abandon Comfort

Nice looking couple - 50,000 views per film - well shot....

47 patrons $240 per film

https://www.patreon.com/abandoncomfort

I watched it with the sound off. I thought it was very good. Great, Great cans. Magnificent. Bravo.

The funny thing is, much as the LaVagabonde crew is ridiculed, they actually go sailing, they actually go places, they actually make jumps. 

Some of the others, not so much. 

2 hours ago, dylan winter said:

and so it goes

fail-small-boobs.jpg

As he said in the film.....

after military service he went to film school to learn how to make good films....

He now makes good films.

you are right though, the corriculum left out one essential ingredient to youtube success

- okay two ingredients

Dylan

26 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

As he said in the film.....

after military service he went to film school to learn how to make good films....

He now makes good films.

you are right though, the corriculum left out one essential ingredient to youtube success

- okay two ingredients

Dylan

Same problem - peoples' desire to make films/videos is not necessarily matched by a critical mass of people who are willing to pay to watch such films.

If you want to turn a hobby into a livelihood, the onus is on you to make it work. As we have all noted, hot young women with nice tits helps a lot. I really can't get my care factor off zero, really. If the entire genre went away I'd just find a different way to use what idle time I have. Books have always been good.

The Patreon thing is interesting as a sort of business model. I find that when the people stop sailing and start hopping from island to island in the Caribbean, hanging out & drinking with other yachties, my level of interest hits zero. Signing up to pay people to make films like that is never going to happen.

FKT

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Same problem - peoples' desire to make films/videos is not necessarily matched by a critical mass of people who are willing to pay to watch such films.

If you want to turn a hobby into a livelihood, the onus is on you to make it work. As we have all noted, hot young women with nice tits helps a lot. I really can't get my care factor off zero, really. If the entire genre went away I'd just find a different way to use what idle time I have. Books have always been good.

The Patreon thing is interesting as a sort of business model. I find that when the people stop sailing and start hopping from island to island in the Caribbean, hanging out & drinking with other yachties, my level of interest hits zero. Signing up to pay people to make films like that is never going to happen.

FKT

I agree on all counts

too man perfect sandy beaches, bars, dancing, beers etc etc

however, the offer here is different - the blokes are military

I wonder if with some of you ex military on here would be more likely to contribute because of your shared experience.  Men adventuring together, keeping their kit clean and in good nick. working to the same aim. 

It all depends on the quality of the film making - and the perceived personality of the main protagonists in the story

I think that you might find that the word will get around military forums....

I am optimistic that they will get their $30,000.

Dylan

OK, so not sailing. Think the following is mildly interesting, though; YouTube, Kickstarter, small adventure...  A couple are travelling around the UK rail network, visiting every single railway station (2,563 of them) over about 3 months. Funded through kickstarter, producing 4 videos a week +Periscopes, fb live, Twitter, Instagram etc: 

http://allthestations.co.uk/

https://www.youtube.com/allthestations/

I prefer this one - he has 90+ videos of swanning around the UK canals. OK, he's a bit of a prat and there are no tits (quite a few ducks, swans & herons though) but the scenery is great and the film quality is plenty good enough for my simple standards.

I wish there was a show like "This Old House", called "This Old Boat", where they work on projects around an old boat (fiberglass/wood/etc...)

2 hours ago, MauiPunter said:

I wish there was a show like "This Old House", called "This Old Boat", where they work on projects around an old boat (fiberglass/wood/etc...)

Check out SailLife. No sailing just endless boat projects.

Other decent ones

TotalBoat

Nick Gates - His channel appears to have 15 episodes of an old TV show where he fixed up and old wooden dinghy and spends time on various classic boats.

My Classic Boat - Not a lot of boat work but lots of neat old boats.

On 6/22/2017 at 3:12 PM, Albatros said:

how come good ole' BS has not come up with his own very dedicated videochannel, featuring rusty tits, bottomworks going all over the place and mangy old rigs... jeez Brent, the possibilities to shake some more $$$ out of the pockets of the silly plonkers !!! get with the program man !!! we need a BS patreon account

For you fans of BS, this is not his boat but it is Steel Origami and might satisfy if that is your thing...

h4zrk6m.png

Did anyone hear what happened to the Cyclades ? They said that we all had to slap down our deposit checks by June 18 or the boat would turn in to a pumpkin or something and then . . . . . . and then . . . . . . . pfffffftt.  Nothing.

Did it sell ? Hard to believe that they would be quiet about a successful sale.

On 7/5/2017 at 8:06 AM, MauiPunter said:

Something like this?  No boobs and bikini click bait in the video thumbs.  Just solid boat fixin'. 

And plus one more for Sail Life on Youtube.  That guy Mads is pretty good at fixing boats.

She's awfully cute but 10 bolts just to get to the drain plug? Deal breaker.

I gottatellya Dylan, for a guy who abhors tits and ass in boating videos you display an exceptional knowledge of where they might be found.

Just now, savoir said:

I gottatellya Dylan, for a guy who abhors tits and ass in boating videos you display an exceptional knowledge of where they might be found.

Lol

4 hours ago, savoir said:

Let's not discourage him from posting his sources, now....

FKT

2 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Let's not discourage him from posting his sources, now....

Shouldn't be too difficult.

Just search YouBoob for "Sailing vids with the most hits (tits)"  Oops. my secret is out now.

11 hours ago, dylan winter said:

this one of my favourite  outboard engine film thumbnails

Good find Mate.  I don't even own a Yamaha, but now after watching it 3 times I sure as hell know how to change the damn oil.  I might just watch it again and go trade in my Honda ;) 

12 hours ago, savoir said:

I am closely following your most entertaining Trump affair - and I spend a lot of time on youtube watching Mika, Joy etc. If you click on the youtube logo top left you tube offers me a spread of about 100 thumbnails. In among the political stuff it offers me the boat related films  - which is hardly surprising. The highest hitting boat films always, but always, have breasts in them.

Don't get me wrong... I quite like breasts  but at 61 all that stuff is long in the past for me

D

2 hours ago, dylan winter said:

Don't get me wrong... I quite like breasts  but at 61 all that stuff is long in the past for me

There are pills that can help with that, I'm told. But, as a friend of mine commented, they haven't invented an effective one for the woman, as yet......

FKT

9 hours ago, dylan winter said:

I am closely following your most entertaining Trump affair - and I spend a lot of time on youtube watching Mika, Joy etc. If you click on the youtube logo top left you tube offers me a spread of about 100 thumbnails. In among the political stuff it offers me the boat related films  - which is hardly surprising. The highest hitting boat films always, but always, have breasts in them.

D

The thing is that, when presented with bulk vids of the semi carnal variety, an honourable British gentleman should be reliably expected to scroll on by in order to locate something more cerebrally uplifting . . . . . . . unless he were a Cambridge man in which case those expectations might not apply. On the US scene consider these tit free Youtube identities

Mark Dice, who used to do some very funny public interviews in California but now is a little more in your face political.

Then there is Lionel who explains all

Not a tit in sight.

19 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

There are pills that can help with that, I'm told. But, as a friend of mine commented, they haven't invented an effective one for the woman, as yet......

FKT

I am trying by getting her a new boat but it will be hard to get her to swallow it. But even if I do, like Viagra it will wear of after a day or two.

Lets just cut to the chase here Gentlemen... and ladies.

On 2017-07-10 at 8:24 AM, thereefgeek said:

And plus one more for Sail Life on Youtube.  That guy Mads is pretty good at fixing boats.

Mads always reminded of the type of guy that likes working on a boat more than actual sailing.

Drake ran into him and got one of the few DrakeParagon interviews he's done in the last few years.

9 minutes ago, Dilligaf0220 said:

Mads always reminded of the type of guy that likes working on a boat more than actual sailing.

Drake ran into him and got one of the few DrakeParagon interviews he's done in the last few years.

he tried sailing and got seasick

On 7/10/2017 at 10:27 AM, dylan winter said:

this one of my favourite  outboard engine film thumbnails

Looking at her hands she's comfortable doing mechanical work.  Lovely girl who isn't afraid of work it seems to me.

9 hours ago, Dilligaf0220 said:

Mads claimed while working on his Ballad 30 (Obelix) that he wanted to go sailing & wasn't interested in refitting for its own sake. He wanted a safe and dry boat. But since much of his boating is done on canals and estuaries, I think he quickly ran into some of the Ballad's limitations: it is a small boat inside, and while it may be reasonably dry and weathertight, it also has shitty ventilation when you are stuck inside during five days of cold drizzle. We're doing a lot to try to mitigate those issues, but it's not an ideal liveaboard.

So Mads bought a Warrior 38 (??) and has repeated the process, which indeed he may enjoy more than he admits. I do, too. :) Nice guy, tech savvy, likes to experiment with camera placements & techniques.  Does good boat work & has many really great ideas ... tho I did try on the Ballad discussion board to steer him towards an off white for the interior. ;) Teak or African mahogany makes a pure white paint look blue, exacerbated by the choice of blue uphosltery.

IMG_20140504_153430.jpg

(I'm a little worried our off white may be too warm, we'll see.) Anyway: sweet man, interesting life, talky vids, still farting about on boats upgraded to his needs. Go Mads!

Oil filters go on hand tight. You shouldn't use the wrench. 

1 hour ago, Dilligaf0220 said:

This seemed to fit here, thought it was hilariously fitting.

Man To Sail Around The World To Decrease Awareness Of Important Issues

"I hope to use my lifelong love of sailing to take part in a completely irrelevant novelty stunt that in no way benefits humanity,"

I can dig this guy.  I'm getting tired of all the dipshit post-grads I see on Youtube trying to write their doctorate thesis on sailing around the world to investigate plastic bags, or melting icebergs, or dead polar bears, while whoring themselves out to Patreon.  Give it a f'ing rest youngster.

Just get in your boat and sail for F-sake!

On 7/13/2017 at 0:48 AM, Bryanjb said:

Looking at her hands she's comfortable doing mechanical work.  Lovely girl who isn't afraid of work it seems to me.

I didn't notice her hands.

But can she pressure wash mouldy cedar siding that was originally put in place around the day she was born by her now very creepy husband...the internet is a weird place.

Here's the antithesis of the sailing vids posted (could have already been posted). Outside of Dylan's films, this is the only one posted, I've watched(it's over an hour).

A little tough to watch in fact (until I got into it), as you watch these kids - with nothing - pay too much money for a derelict Pearson 30, create something between a P30 and Haiti raft, and sail off to the Bahamas and beyond. 

The filmmaker, and also quite an old school style sailor, put together quite a film. This is some good documentary work. 

On 7/14/2017 at 10:26 PM, jack_sparrow said:

But can she pressure wash mouldy cedar siding that was originally put in place around the day she was born by her now very creepy husband...the internet is a weird place.

He should call her 'Farm MILF' She would get more hits. But i suspect she has been hit many times.

On 7/15/2017 at 5:03 AM, Kris Cringle said:

Here's the antithesis of the sailing vids posted (could have already been posted). Outside of Dylan's films, this is the only one posted, I've watched(it's over an hour).

A little tough to watch in fact (until I got into it), as you watch these kids - with nothing - pay too much money for a derelict Pearson 30, create something between a P30 and Haiti raft, and sail off to the Bahamas and beyond. 

The filmmaker, and also quite an old school style sailor, put together quite a film. This is some good documentary work. 

That's already been posted and admired a couple of times.  I'm struck with equal parts admiration and contempt for those kids. Guess I'm getting old.  

4 hours ago, toddster said:

That's already been posted and admired a couple of times.  I'm struck with equal parts admiration and contempt for those kids. Guess I'm getting old.  

Thanks. I had the same effect. With me having kids that age, I couldn't help but think, why didn't they get some help, even just in the form of guidance? Somebody more experienced, could have saved them a lot of grief.

The only mentor-ish type was John(I think, in Fla), the guy that sold them a derelict Pearon 30, for 1K(what a sport). Then he sold them a worthless engine with a spray can overhaul and 'helped' them step their mast in an insane manner. That P30 would have a value of -3K in our area. 

Then there was the fact that they sailed it every inch of the way, in and out of harbor, onto and off anchors. In the end, it was mostly a horrible adventure, only certain kids would enjoy. I'm going to send it to my son and see if he watches it. He knows too much about boats and sailing to not know that much of the sheer discomfort and drudgery these kids lived, could be avoided.