dylan winter

Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

On 9/2/2017 at 3:29 AM, Snaggletooth said:

Didde Chaze from Taze evere do a vidio?  With cameots od Ian Dubbin and Gracie Graopenippes woude be greate!           :)

Shhh Snaggs,

LB will hear you and decide that's a fucking great idea. He keeps leaving Chaz' book on the chart table tied to a stick holding open the cockpit hatch, with a trail of Pimms bottles leading up the finger.  I dunno if he is trying to lure lost friendless drunken British expats wandering past, or whether he's just an unitdy cunt.   

39 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

he is optimistic that he can manage the costs

I often get people asking what boat they should  buy....

I tell them that they need to buy a reliable engine - then think about the boat that comes  with it.

D

Good advice in that price range. 

After following this thread for a while, I have decided to grab my new hot girlfriend and go cruising in the Islands and make videos to post to YouTube. Everyone seems to be doing it and my GF loves to show off in her cute bikini as much or more than these other gals. I hope we can eventually make it down to the Bahama's and Big Major Cay where I think we will fit right in with the local scene. Stay tuned!

1 hour ago, dylan winter said:

best click bait thumbnail of the year so far

Seeing as they're anchored in St Martin - great thumbnail for a last episode.

Is that Albert driving that rig? Too beefy for Jason. They moved my boats around...

47 minutes ago, A horse, of course said:

Nothing wrong with bosoms, but here's a video about a boat. 

Cool find.  Thanks for posting it.  Something interesting to follow.  Wess

Pull those ropes fat Ass!

Outside of Alaska we Yanks call it line once it's off the spool. We also call trees as small as he's felling saplings...

And we've got girls in bikinis year round 

I'd venture to say there's a niche for at least a softcore if not full-on hardcore sailing vlog. If the ladies on Sailing Mischief survive the hurricane and are willing to step up their game a notch, I think they could bag some serious hits...Erm, clicks.

For those vloggers like Mischief who elected not to scoot south for Hurricane season, Irma may well cull a few of them from the airways. Pics coming in of St Maarten shows a lot of boats resembling noodle soup.

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

For those vloggers like Mischief who elected not to scoot south for Hurricane season, Irma may well cull a few of them from the airways. Pics coming in of St Maarten shows a lot of boats resembling noodle soup.

21432982_10212326728955255_7581183278399

On 9/5/2017 at 11:41 AM, Rasputin22 said:

After following this thread for a while, I have decided to grab my new hot girlfriend and go cruising in the Islands and make videos to post to YouTube. Everyone seems to be doing it and my GF loves to show off in her cute bikini as much or more than these other gals. I hope we can eventually make it down to the Bahama's and Big Major Cay where I think we will fit right in with the local scene. Stay tuned!

I get the feeling that viewers here are not taking my ambitions to go sailing with my GF and do a sailing vlog as poster above. Just to show how serious we are I wanted to share the swimming lessons our family is taking in preparation.

5 hours ago, MauiPunter said:

21432982_10212326728955255_7581183278399

Have a look at top right of pic. Those smart people that went mangrove hunting look to have survived.

The noodle shop in foreground I suspect were all on fixed  moorings in open water. I don't fancy those in a marina floating or poles getting off lightly unless storm surge was a lot less than predicted. 

Here is a before shot [ maybe not exactly before but you get the idea. ] 

mangves before.jpg

Does anybody else feel a bit out of kilter looking at that? This is more charter yachts than I've ever seen over my entire sailing career. 

Must be money in it, but it seems a bit plague-ish.

43 minutes ago, TQA said:

mangves before.jpg

Fuck nothing could go wrong there!!

I assume they anchor over a fixed cable or something ??? The wind loads on those floating walls would be horrific..enough to move the friggin island off its axis.

2 hours ago, TQA said:

mangves before.jpg

that is an amazing shot.....

no wonder there are so many vids of girls sailing in warm places in tennis court sized cats.

wow.... and wow again

D

5 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

Does anybody else feel a bit out of kilter looking at that? This is more charter yachts than I've ever seen over my entire sailing career. 

Must be money in it, but it seems a bit plague-ish.

and they all like to anchor up in the same frigging spots 

I have ignored this thread and just watched their St. Martin video. At least, the beginning of it.

I won't be back.

Holding the phone sideways and microphone awareness are basics.

Nice chains WarmBeer but on a mooring what will normally shit itself first in a big blow is not the underwater mooring structure but fixings/cleats and cordage/rodes and in particular much favoured nylon which melts under extreme/repetitive stress. Chain rode links will elongate quicker than many appreciate under extreme snatch loads and will never go through a capstan again, but it is rare for them to actually break if properly sized. 

Yup. Makes sense. They are fucked 

Kids used a nylon line for tug of war in 1976 and the poor kid that lost his fingers when it snapped had the same look they must have had down there yesterday. Never considered the stress load on the chain rode. 

On 9/2/2017 at 2:57 AM, Panoramix said:

The French guys have just uploaded 2 videos but promised to publish some more of a tour of the med they are doing now, I hope that they don't flip this cat as they are not afraid of pushing it hard. The kiwi guy with the Mongolian girls post weekly videos.

It's pretty hard to flip a Wharram Tiki, they are really under-powered compared to old CSK designs let alone modern racing cats.

The Sailing Mischief couple whose boat is now on the bottom take the prize for being the most stupid and insensitive humans on mother earth.

Stupid because they decided to sail north from relative safety in hurricane season, then stay there when they could have got out and then to top it of importing their buddy in from the states to run the gauntlet with them and help them hurricane prep their boat.

It would now appear they simply went chasing a hurricane for Utube and Patreon ratings. That worked out well.

Insensitive because when all around them people have died, lost homes and businesses in a part of the world not renowned  a for its wealth and now their compatriots back home in Florida are about to get a mighty swipe, what do these two wankers do..they open a Go Fund me Page so they can get a new boat and continue their wonderfull bikini and daiquiri lifestyle. Fuck don't get a job for god's sake like everyone else..just beg. I think after recieving a few appropriate comments they ammended it indicate some of the money would go to other cruisers like them...yeah sure.

https://www.gofundme.com/salvaging-sailing-mischief

Well I say....go get fucked.

2 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

I diddente see thet in commenttes......         :)

They are getting reamed in the comments on their GoFundMe.

3 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

My god.  I read things like that and then remember just how stupid people are.  The most common thread by the self-enablers who give them money is "BUT THEY HAD MOTOR PROBLEMS".

Newsflash you fuckwits.  Cats sail faster than they motor.  By a factor of 3 or more

A CSY 37 is a cat? Who knew?

Just now, Ishmael said:

A CSY 37 is a cat? Who knew?

Well uh... yeah.  About that....   :lol:

$410 of their $50,000 goal raised so far! $300 from relatives with the same last name as the girl.

Fuckwits for heading north this time of year.

7 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Stupidity should have consequences. They have nobody other than themselves to blame for the utterly foreseeable result of their decision. I suspect you're right, they wanted to be the ones who did the brave thing and got some great footage to boost their online presence.

Anyway it's not like there's a shortage of vloggers out there and plenty more wannabe's waiting for their 15 minutes of fame.

FKT

They deleted my comment on the gofundme page. Guess they didn't like being called selfish morons for asking for money to salvage a boat they deliberately put in harm's way when others had lost homes.

2 hours ago, savoir said:

They could have bought a tow to clear water for $50  or so then sailed south to any number of places.

Engine trouble was incurred on their way to a place they should never have been going to in the first place if it wasn't for a combination of idiocy and chasing viewer ratings. That was the time to turn around and scoot back south.

If there was a god they would both lose the use of their arms and then catch the crabs.

The Mischief couple are just the start. Don't you love how many of these narcissistic and begging Utube wankers with bandwidth to burn for keep churning out their shit post Hurricane Irma without even a mention of their cruising brothers  and traumatised locals in places they have been to who have been mashed by Irma.

For instance Tash and NewCansBrow on Vag just launched today an instructional Vid on how to sail around the world (that alone is funny considering their boat handling skills) saying the cheapest place to buy a boat was the Caribbean and Europe. I won't even put a link up to that shit. 

Me?? I just hope I don't die before finishing watching all of Dylan's collection.

thanks JS

not sure I will live long enough to finish the series....

filming still on hold

I am a bit softer on the know nothing about sailing breast bloggers than you

They are trying to make films - some successfully.... some not. They are sailing... some  successfully some not

they offer the fruits of their labour free at the point of delivery to everyone on the planet so that seems like a good thing. 

I came across this film from a florida  skateboard blogger who went down to the marina and spoke to some live-a-boards who  are going to sit it out

the florida hurricane is going to be one of the best filmed in history

I feel bad for those folks. They don't know what they're in for now that the storm has tracked west. I hope they survive

"Just putting it out there..."

Just one of the many current locutions I lose patience with, Get off my lawn!

Young twits inherit the wind, good luck.

7 hours ago, dylan winter said:

thanks JS

not sure I will live long enough to finish the series....

filming still on hold

I am a bit softer on the know nothing about sailing breast bloggers than you

They are trying to make films - some successfully.... some not. They are sailing... some  successfully some not

they offer the fruits of their labour free at the point of delivery to everyone on the planet so that seems like a good thing. 

I came across this film from a florida  skateboard blogger who went down to the marina and spoke to some live-a-boards who  are going to sit it out

the florida hurricane is going to be one of the best filmed in history

Another self obsessed twat. I can't believe he got 350,000 views for his piece of crap. He isn't even nice to look at. He needs to wash and comb his horrid hair and stay off the dope a while.

Interestingly some of the Floggers who have been deathly quiet to date about this catastrofuck are now starting to upload references to the victims of Hurricane Irma...maybe they read this thread??

19 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

If there was a god they would both lose the use of their arms and then catch the crabs.

2 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

That juste meane.

Snags meane would be if God also took their legs.

9 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Snags meane would be if God also took their legs.

And her new boobs.

Oops, wrong video queen.

His second crossing.  I believe he was on Ted Turner's boat in the '79 Fastnet.  Great story teller.

incidentally - it says on his about page

Description Sailing, cruising. This free channel is not monetized. Suggest use of Adblock Plus.
which is interesting

he does not need the cash to support his sailing - at one point he was drinking wine from his own vinyard I think

One of the good things about the Floggers - excellent word - is that they tend to be more working class

so without patreon the only sailing films we would  have would be the ones made by rich people as opposed to the breast sailors and barry perrins et al

I know that some of you despise the business of asking for money in return for making films....

that is quite understandable

but writing as an ex flogger myself........

without the one per cent of viewers who watch and tap or become patreons the only films the knockers would have to criticise/despise would be the uber rich man's holiday films and the odd sponsored ocean race pro video

now we can click on yutube and see a whole host of people making good films about sailing... some in astonishingly modest boats.

Dylan

^^^^^ Dylan I am in copywite mode as Snags would say..I own the terms "Floggers" and "Vagamites"..so be warned anyouse mugs out there who use those terms without permission ...you owe me a pint...of rum.

I'm having trouble getting the rights to an appropriate copyright name for the Doodle girls tits though...problem is they never appear..will keep you posted.

^^^ Dylan.  I missed the Bio/About page on Christian Williams.  I found out accidentally that he had been in the Fastnet after watching a video about Ted Turner.

Anyway, he lives nearby.  I've been meaning to look him up for a while.  Maybe go for a hop around the Bay.  Cheers.

Christian is an occasional SA'er and sold his older Ericsen to another SA'er who shall remain nameless. 

So they have changed from buy us a new boat to we will help other cruisers with the money. Pretty open to interpretation so are they going buy the other cruisers a beer and pocket the rest or just keep it and pick up garbage for a day claiming to have saved the island single handed. Nice to see them just walking around gloating about the damage and doing nothing to actually help

https://www.gofundme.com/salvaging-sailing-mischief

"SailingMischief took refuge in Simpson's Bay, St. Maarten during Hurricane Irma. Everything possible was done to secure her for the storm. While SailingMischief was able to survive 185mph winds as the eye of Irma passed over St. Maarten, when the storm resumed a 31'  open console slammed into her and sank her. The devestation on St. Maarten is incredible. While we are determined to continue our journey, we have seen the incredible needs of the other cruisers here who have also lost their boats and all their possessions. We willl use these funds to help as best we can our cruising community."

8 hours ago, dylan winter said:

.....the only films the knockers would have to criticise/despise would be the uber rich man's holiday films ..

Dylan

Dylan so true ..I have spent the last 35 years trying to find the sexy wife in this rich man's holiday vid...then the last 10 chasing up the daughter after I found out the wife carked it.

8 hours ago, dylan winter said:

incidentally - it says on his about page

Description Sailing, cruising. This free channel is not monetized. Suggest use of Adblock Plus.
which is interesting

he does not need the cash to support his sailing - at one point he was drinking wine from his own vinyard I think

One of the good things about the Floggers - excellent word - is that they tend to be more working class

so without patreon the only sailing films we would  have would be the ones made by rich people as opposed to the breast sailors and barry perrins et al

I know that some of you despise the business of asking for money in return for making films....

that is quite understandable

but writing as an ex flogger myself........

without the one per cent of viewers who watch and tap or become patreons the only films the knockers would have to criticise/despise would be the uber rich man's holiday films and the odd sponsored ocean race pro video

now we can click on yutube and see a whole host of people making good films about sailing... some in astonishingly modest boats.

Dylan

That seadog guy has suffered a bit of a brain fart. He sensibly arrived in the far south Caribbean and then decided to head north. His last post was from Martinique but where he is now I don't know.

the hurricanes have had an interesting impact on the bloggers/floggers

Some, such as Delos, are running a year or so behind reality.... the vagabloggers are about a month behind reality

some of them are pretty close to reality

I think that there is a power to making films and posting them  in almost real time. It helps to make the viewers feel more involved.

However, the quicker the films are made the worse they are.  I think that any material benefits from having some time and thought put into the edit.

A good voice over helps to put the narrative into context.

it is the difference between a reality show and travel documentary.

I hope that my films are more travel documentary than just a record of an unimpressive short journey around a comparatively small island.

I think that if people start watching just to see what happens next or if I am going to die then in some ways I have lost the game. As a video maker once you start feeding that monkey there is no going back.

I hope and expect my films to outlive me

D

Haven't we already done the "Long Distance relationships suck' thread drift somewhere else???

The Vagamites are apparently heading to the Arctic Circle next summer via the east coast of America. The Nth West Atlantic short handed in a production Mono would not be my cup of tea....in a Cat?..what could go wrong.

This change of plan means they will be sailing around 12,000 miles next year. Chances are they don't realize how much that long a voyage can wear down any boat.

2 hours ago, savoir said:

This change of plan means they will be sailing around 12,000 miles next year. Chances are they don't realize how much that long a voyage can wear down any boat.

Very, very true. I have been on a few of those Outremers, and question how they will fare over many months of long distance sailing. 

good on La Vag for going north

I admire their ability and wiillingness to tweak the format.

they are gutsy people but it is time to change

there are and have been way too many white beaches, bars, pig feeding incidents right across the overburdened genre of hot sailing.

Their new cameraman is bloody good at his job and has raised the game on the camerawork and editing so I look forward to seeing his efforts at filming Norway

If they do go north then they will be kissing away two of their  most . important thumbnail assets - the ability to flash the male and female flesh.

I respect their determination and drive

bloody good.

I am now feeling bad about what I said in this little bit of voice over

the other development in the genre is inviting Patreon subscribers on board as "guests"

it is a sort of  lottery

the offer is as follows

... cough up $5 per film ($5 per week) and you get a one in 1300 chance of getting an amazing sailing holiday with some beautiful people - provided you are young enough and pretty enough to appear in the videos.

However I am not sure where they stand with "guests" on board when it comes to insurance

Here in the UK sailing clubs often raise money with  auctions of promises - one of the promises is often a day sailing on a nice yacht. 

La Vag and several of the others  are offering incentive holidays on an uncoded yachts with an unqualified skippers.

Not sure how  that will work out if some-one loses a finger or something more important.

At the moment there are signs of people dropping out of this overstuffed genre

Chase the story - two people  on a tennis court sized cat - appears to have gone dark

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAfTNlPDzH9Iq1JorOZ22Jg/videos

Incidentally... when la vag  had the work done on the top half.... was work also done on the bottom half?

• Downvote 1

I reckon you got an arse fettish thing going there Dylan..maybe I will post a pic of my flat bastard (now I know why old guys prefer braces to belts) to help wean you off it. And yeah the Vagamite camera/editing dude is pretty good and working his ring off I suspect.

2 hours ago, dylan winter said:

good on La Vag for going north

I admire their ability and wiillingness to tweak the format.

they are gutsy people but it is time to change

there are and have been way too many white beaches, bars, pig feeding incidents right across the overburdened genre of hot sailing.

Agree with you there Dylan except for one significant oversight on your behalf.

They are not sneaking up to the Arctic Circle from Europe in the dead of summer..they are cruising up the east coast of America first then punching NE into the Atlantic to find summer ice blocks.

That is not exactly a tour many do in a crewed expedition rated mono..let alone in a short crewed out of the box multi that is mega powered up at 15k/20k TW.

Chasing ratings over commonsense/no knowledge of boats outside open water trade wind take your gear off sailing experience comes to mind here.

LaVaga has Jimmy C consulting with them so I assume they will have some good knowledge passed on re: routing and timing.

I do wonder how the fast cruising Cat will fare in near arctic conditions. Most "explorers" of that region choose alloy.

6_vagabond_copyright_eric_b.jpg

Jimmy himself had this beauty made for such work. (Garcia 45)

Aventura-cornell-sailing-Nuuk-Garcia-Yac

Living in the North myself, and doing a liveaboard during one winter, I can appreciate the value of a well insulated hull to not only stay warm, buy more importantly to cut down on condensation.

Cold Titties about the 6:33 mark

It looks like the cameraman has taken a fancy to that pert little derriere. You can see it featured now in all the dive shots while the titties, real or otherwise, are barely seen.

28 minutes ago, XTR said:

I'm guessing that the fools from Sailing Mischief are right now aghast that they are having to pay for their rescue....

It ain't free....

They should stay, help people around and then they would stand a good chance of getting help to refloat and repair their boat relatively cheaply.