dylan winter

Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

3 hours ago, Ajax said:

Somebody should tell that guy that parking a hot laptop on his naked junk will kill his sperm count.

I thought that was a built in birth control feature

On 23/01/2018 at 6:30 PM, dylan winter said:

one of my blokes sent me this video

apparently youtube is demonitising bikini videos

That mirror was very well positioned...of that $100 bikini, $80 bucks worth was disappearing up her arse.

The demonetizing thing is happening to thousands of posters of all styles located all over Youtube.

This has nothing to do with them hating Dylan or anyone like him. It's just a money grab.

The only solution is to start a rival that becomes successful.

4 hours ago, savoir said:

The demonetizing thing is happening to thousands of posters of all styles located all over Youtube.

This has nothing to do with them hating Dylan or anyone like him. It's just a money grab.

4 hours ago, savoir said:

A rival might appear - but there have been several of them - Blip went bust - vimeo (which costs me £180 a year for hosting)  is looking very dodgy

and youtube does an amazing job of hosting films for free.

so I think that there will be no rivals in the forseeable future.

so we have to live with youtube.

but

as seems to be slowly happening,  viewers are beginning to realise  that the people who put films up don't earn any money from google.   If they want to see content that they particularly enjoy that they have to get into the habit of chucking a few shecks in the buskers cup.

After all, if you were wandering down a high street and heard a busker who was good enough to get you to linger on a nearby bench for 45 minutes then you would be unlikely to just walk off without chucking a couple of coins into his guitar case. While sitting there you might occasionally see a bus going past with adverts on or read the words on an advertising hoarding behind him..  You do not think that the busker is getting a cut of that advertising spend.

Youtube has provided a space that no-one can live without. They write the rules for themselves, Sony and Time warner. Nothing wrong with that

I think that the success of the main sailing film makers (hot places, hot women, big boats, floating soap opera)  has proved that there are enough people who are prepared to chip in =- although even with la vag and delos only around 0.4 per cent of the regular viewers chip in

with me it is around 3 per cent - but my films get one tenth the hits that la vag gets. The blokes who watch my films generally have brains of some sort.

If you do watch this to the end google will know and adjust their settings for you accordingly - they will know that you have a brain, that you like sailing, that you are interested in scotland

any advertising revenue and data collected by google belongs to them and they can sell the space around my work or sell the  data they have gathered about your watching habits to anyone, anywhere anytime. We have all made a pact with google. They own averything I have done over the past ten years and will own everything I expect to do over the coming ten years.

17 hours ago, savoir said:

Some people are trying to offer an alternative to centralised platforms : https://framatube.org/#en

7 hours ago, captain_crunch said:

Thank you!

I wasn't emotionally ready to see Harmony brought ashore either.

I hate that moment when a boat goes from being a graceful thing that floats and is  almost alive to an inert lump ashore

However, if I am on a drying mooring then I love the feeling of the tide coming back to lift the boat again

marvelous

D

life is always good when you have the spinnaker flying

running up the sound of Skye against the tide with your new spinnaker up

that old bloke was having a good day

On 1/29/2018 at 8:37 AM, nebe said:

what is this all about???  

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 10.52.17 AM.png

14 minutes ago, random said:

So you liked that movie LB?

Especially the Whomper bits. His Betamax is worn out at that spot.

37 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Especially the Whomper bits. His Betamax is worn out at that spot.

and this.

sharon-stone-in-basic-instinct-supplied-by-does-not-claim-any-copyright-bynn3m.jpg

56 minutes ago, random said:

So you liked that movie LB?

A few bits.

1701f49d3c166231440231f1da37684b--jennifer-grey-cinema.jpg

1 hour ago, random said:

Raining here, I'm cooking tonight, just set up the laptop on the kitchen bench and watched this again.

What time should I get there? Can I bring anything?

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

A few bits.

1701f49d3c166231440231f1da37684b--jennifer-grey-cinema.jpg

Jennifer Grey. Sigh !

She was so cute until she had all that work done. Same with Elizabeth Shue.

9 hours ago, Dark Cloud said:

I dunno - Sasha Grey was not bad either

On 2/2/2018 at 6:54 AM, LB 15 said:

and this.

sharon-stone-in-basic-instinct-supplied-by-does-not-claim-any-copyright-bynn3m.jpg

Young generations don't realise how easy they have it. In LB15 time they had to pause a VHS tape just at the right instant to glimpse at a pussy.

Inspired by lavagina? This guy wants to kick off his grifting at level 100 with a free boat. You know, give him your old boat for free, he'll restore it & post his adventures. At least he is realistic, he said 6metres & the bay. 

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/caboolture/sail-boats/wanted-free-sail-boat-yacht-hoping-for-20ft-or-plus/1173961759

On 2/2/2018 at 1:05 AM, IStream said:

She doesn't look like that anymore.

but does she still crave the whomper?

3 hours ago, nebe said:

but does she still crave the whomper?

Only her surgeon knows.

8 hours ago, SCANAS said:

Inspired by lavagina? This guy wants to kick off his grifting at level 100 with a free boat. You know, give him your old boat for free, he'll restore it & post his adventures. At least he is realistic, he said 6metres & the bay. 

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/caboolture/sail-boats/wanted-free-sail-boat-yacht-hoping-for-20ft-or-plus/1173961759

Give him LB's email address - rumour has it he has a lot of trashed sailboats....

FKT

On 03/02/2018 at 8:13 PM, Panoramix said:

Young generations don't realise how easy they have it. In LB15 time they had to pause a VHS tape just at the right instant to glimpse at a pussy.

Let's be specific. Sharon Stones pussy. But it is much harder these days to get the right frames paused with Netflix.....apparently.

On 04/02/2018 at 8:01 AM, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Give him LB's email address - rumour has it he has a lot of trashed sailboats....

FKT

Caboolture? Does he play the Banjo well?

I buckled and watched a full episode of Delos this weekend, for the first time.  It's cold, wet and dark outside, limiting my productivity. Don't judge me! 

I watched the episode where they were sailing to Madagascar, and were caught in 50+ kts at night.  The Super Maramu is pretty impressive. The noises of the wind and sea were fierce and intimidating but the boat really didn't seem to struggle that much.

Delos seems to be like a floating hippie commune from the 1960's. Everyone runs around naked, probably fucking, drinking and smoking. When the women get tired of being shared, they leave and new ones come aboard. It seems a little weird to me, but whatever.

I realize that the goal when offshore sailing is to *NOT* get caught in bad weather and that if you have, you've probably made a bad decision but I'm a bit envious of you folks that have had to sail in such conditions.  You've done it, survived it and learned from it.  I worry that if my time comes, I'll make a wrong decision and make the situation worse. You've also borne witness to the power of nature in a way that most people will never know, or ever see.

It must be quite the experience to be in a strong boat that is under control, and watch the insanity all around you.

25 minutes ago, Ajax said:

... I worry that if my time comes, I'll make a wrong decision and make the situation worse. You've also borne witness to the power of nature in a way that most people will never know, or ever see.

It must be quite the experience to be in a strong boat that is under control, and watch the insanity all around you.

You worry to much. Reread the Rimas thread. IF King Ineptune can do it...

I try not to confuse luck with skill.

Sailing Doodlles. The girl might as well go topless as she is having fallout issues, in the latest update.

3 hours ago, Ajax said:

Delos seems to be like a floating hippie commune from the 1960's. Everyone runs around naked, probably fucking, drinking and smoking. When the women get tired of being shared, they leave and new ones come aboard. It seems a little weird to me, but whatever.

This actually not the case with Delos.  The blonde swede has been with Brian since (almost) the beginning.  They met in the south pacific after his Pacific leg from California.  Brian's brother (Brady) had a steady that he was with from around that same time, but they broke up around South Africa after 1.5 yrs aboard (maybe longer, hard to tell exactly).   They take on other guests along their route so, it may seem like swingers paradise to people who haven't watched from the beginning.  But you are correct about the nakedness and drinking/smoking.

I have also been impressed with the Amel.  Delos is definately best of breed for these vlogs.  Worth watching from the beginning.  They are doing it right.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MauiPunter said:

This actually not the case with Delos.  The blonde swede has been with Brian since (almost) the beginning.  They met in the south pacific after his Pacific leg from California.  Brian's brother (Brady) had a steady that he was with from around that same time, but they broke up around South Africa after 1.5 yrs aboard (maybe longer, hard to tell exactly).   They take on other guests along their route so, it may seem like swingers paradise to people who haven't watched from the beginning.  But you are correct about the nakedness and drinking/smoking.

I have also been impressed with the Amel.  Delos is definately best of breed for these vlogs.  Worth watching from the beginning.  They are doing it right.

I agree- they are the best of class and really churn out the material - although I have never watched one end to end. Too much material around  the "big brother" housemates sort of material - but that helps to drive the narrative.

They also produce at a consistently high standard too. They ring the changes on their style - which is important if you are going to run a TV series that runs into well over  100 episodes.  I had  a look at their patreon page

https://www.patreon.com/svdelos

there are some people who are giving $50 an episode - that is $200 a month or $2,400 a year - they are serious fans. However, delos does offer a lot of special material for patreons.

I have no idea what things they hide from the public.

MO - I hope you don't mind me asking but...If you have watched every film - do you chip in ...

or is their $13,000 a week enough to make you hold back with the credit card.

Dylan, why did you release your 4 videos in one go?

Despite being a fan I haven't watched them, there are so many 30 minutes videos that I can watch in a week and now they are buried deep in my feed.

32 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

MP - I hope you don't mind me asking but...If you have watched every film - do you chip in ...

or is their $13,000 a week enough to make you hold back with the credit card.

I have subscribed and liked videos, but haven't sent any tosh to Delos.   The $13k seems to be enough to keep them going.  They dont need my help.  I'd rather send my dough to the bloke restoring that old gaffer (which I have, btw).  That is a noble cause worth supporting.  I think we all should chip in on that project.

18 minutes ago, MauiPunter said:

I have subscribed and liked videos, but haven't sent any tosh to Delos.   The $13k seems to be enough to keep them going.  They dont need my help.  I'd rather send my dough to the bloke restoring that old gaffer (which I have, btw).  That is a noble cause worth supporting.  I think we all should chip in on that project.

You make an interesting point. 

Do you pay for entertainment or for a good feeling of helping some-one to achieve something.

It was put to me that people paid to watch Ben Hur for the entertainment  not as a way of helping charlton heston to replace all the horses he killed

Now, in some way we need to feel that the receiver in some way needs to deserve charity.

However, delos has around 1300 people who are not put off from chipping in   by how much they are earning per film.

The web has produced some extra-ordinary ideas and concepts - many are counter-intuitive yet seem to work.

Dylan

18 minutes ago, MauiPunter said:

Do you pay for entertainment or for a good feeling of helping some-one to achieve something.

It was put to me that people paid to watch Ben Hur for the entertainment  not as a way of helping charlton heston to replace all the horses he killed

Now, in some way we need to feel that the receiver in some way needs to deserve charity.

However, delos has around 1300 people who are not put off from chipping in   by how much they are earning per film.

The web has produced some extra-ordinary ideas and concepts - many are counter-intuitive yet seem to work.

Dylan

41 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

Various vloggers' desire to make, post & profit from their making movies is fine. Some may be doing it as a purely commercial thing, others as a way of showing others interesting places/interactions, sailing, boats et al.

Their desire to do this and place the results in the public spaces in no way obligates me to actually give them any money, morally or ethically, regardless of whether I watch one, all or none. In fact I think paying some people to *stop* posting would be a public good.

I don't feel any need to drop a coin in a busker's hat, either.

The only person I've actually kicked the tin for is you.

FKT

1 hour ago, Panoramix said:

Dylan, why did you release your 4 videos in one go?

Despite being a fan I haven't watched them, there are so many 30 minutes videos that I can watch in a week and now they are buried deep in my feed.

that was youtube doing weird stuff. I changed the names slightly on the films and youtube re-ranked them so they appeared in your feed - and mine -  very odd

38 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

that was youtube doing weird stuff. I changed the names slightly on the films and youtube re-ranked them so they appeared in your feed - and mine -  very odd

OK, so there was just one new one then!

this one

youtube alogrythms appear to have changed the rankings on thumbnails as well. They used to search for people smiling. Hence all the thumbnails of vloggers gurning

I've watched every episode of Delos and KTL and have donated to both. Unlike most vloggers of the bikini variety the Delos crew seem to be competent sailors.

On 2/2/2018 at 4:38 AM, Dark Cloud said:

I dunno - Sasha Grey was not bad either

You find the strangest stuff monetized on Youtube.  And yes, this channel has a Patreon too.

Sasha Grey reading creepy text messages people get from dating sites.

On 2/10/2018 at 1:05 PM, rh2600 said:

http://www.tampabay.com/sold-everything-to-sail-the-world-boat-sank-next-day

Don't appear to have YouTube channel but still feels in-topic

Possibly the least photogenic & engaging Youtuber/author/podcaster shaking the cup with sailing videos has his latest interview with them.  They didn't have the luck of the Rimas.

Oh and about Patreon and it's estimates per vid, that only counts as the MAXIMUM they can receive each month.  Users can set a personal limit system wide regardless of how much they have pledged to however many channels.  When you have 1300 contributors it can be hard to keep track of who is giving exactly what.

Delos got burned by that, they had a t-shirt drive where if Patreons gave a one time pledge of $50 or subscribed to 3mos of $20 they would get a Delos t-shirt mailed to them.  Except a lot of users then set their limit to the Patreon per month minimum of $3 or somesuch and Delos ended up losing a chunk of change on the whole deal.

I found this episode interesting.  They taking on a huge job of replacing their teak deck themselves.  It helps that I find the girl super cute.

3 hours ago, random said:

Might just make cute for some, doesn't do it for me.  Needs a good feed.

You get commission?  Can I?

She's nice enough - good attitude helps

3 hours ago, random said:

Might just make cute for some, doesn't do it for me.  Needs a good feed.

You get commission?  Can I?

She has lost weight. Looks way better in the earlier vids like this one.     :wub:

Dylan, while I despair for this couple you must admit they  are adventurers.  They are rich in one thing that you and I lack, youth.  That is the only video of them that I have watched, but I may watch a few more out  of curiosity.

22 minutes ago, usedtobeoldestsailor said:

Dylan, while I despair for this couple you must admit they  are adventurers.  They are rich in one thing that you and I lack, youth.  That is the only video of them that I have watched, but I may watch a few more out  of curiosity.

heartily agree

goodonem for being out there in a shit box

My dad used to say that, apart from drowning,  there are few ways a man can contrive to kill himself when messing about in boats.

The risks are more often perceived than realised.

D

6 hours ago, dylan winter said:

skimpy top while changing fuel filter

woo hoo

Can somebody tell him nicely that you aren't supposed to use the main as a brake when you are trying to go forward?

If you look at the combo of reefed main and jib, he had way more jib than main, so over sheeting the traveller probably helped the rudder behave. Besides, there doing more than 4kts most of the time anyway, what more could you want?!

17 hours ago, dylan winter said:

woo hoo

Good grief !  How dirty was that filter ?

They buy an old shitbox and don't replace the filters, hoses and belts ?  DUMB

3 hours ago, savoir said:

Good grief !  How dirty was that filter ?

They buy an old shitbox and don't replace the filters, hoses and belts ?  DUMB

there did seem to be a fair amount of crud in there.

Even shit boxes need new filters occasionally...

but a bit of rough water stirs crud up out of tanks. As an adventurous sailor who has bought several shit boxes getting to the bottom of the tank and having a look in it is always one of the first things I do before taking a boat anywhere roughish

goodonem though

D

14 hours ago, fufkin said:

If you look at the combo of reefed main and jib, he had way more jib than main, so over sheeting the traveller probably helped the rudder behave. Besides, there doing more than 4kts most of the time anyway, what more could you want?!

Not common but true some boats don't like  if you reef first. When you have to fight against the boat bearing away, it is time to shake off that reef and/or roll in a bit of genoa.

Probably I have sensible eyes but on a cruiser in more than 5 knots of wind, it doesn't make sense to have the boom like this.

For sure. On a boat of that size they should be able to clean the tank by hand. I'm guessing it's only around 20 gallons or so.

While not a sailing vlog, Kombi Life is a great adventure blog which is well edited, consistently interesting, and has a descent story. I think many of the sailing vloggers could take a clue.

In this one sailing isn't the main focus (also there are zero boobies) but it might fit in the current thread drift:

1 hour ago, Airwick said:

In this one sailing isn't the main focus (also there are zero boobies) but it might fit in the current thread drift:

No boobies but they are flying a Breton flag, so it must be good ;) :D. The boat itself is really interesting as it was built using cork for the core, linen for the skins and biocomposite glues.

No boobies but they are flying a Breton flag, so it must be good ;) :D. The boat itself is really interesting as it was built using cork for the core, linen for the skins and biocomposite glues

Yes,
They talk more about the boat in "season 1" where they circumnavigate Britanny. The boat was built in cooperation with Roland Jourdin.

16 hours ago, Panoramix said:

Not common but true some boats don't like  if you reef first. When you have to fight against the boat bearing away, it is time to shake off that reef and/or roll in a bit of genoa.

Probably I have sensible eyes but on a cruiser in more than 5 knots of wind, it doesn't make sense to have the boom like this.

What you say makes perfect sense in a perfect world but is not part of the 4 knot shit box playbook. That's the page where there's a quarter inch of algae on your rudder and keel and neither are doing their job. At this point, you're not tracking or pointing, rather you're pinching and 'sending it'. The guy found a heel angle that worked, and steered the boat with the sails essentially. The over sheeted main is compensating for what the rudder couldn't in terms of steering the boat...and he got that piece of shit to Biscayne Bay. Hopefully he gets serious after that...

• Like 1

On 2/16/2018 at 2:28 PM, dylan winter said:

cold sailing

they seem like cheerful blokes

First time I've seen a selfie-stick at the top of the mast. 

7 hours ago, Elegua said:

First time I've seen a selfie-stick at the top of the mast. 

At first, I thought that was 9 iron (which - yes, made no sense to me either). We always had the selfie stick, the tripod. Winter boat work in the shop (no video available). 

wiring-panel-in-shop-jpg.146678

6 hours ago, Kris Cringle said:

At first, I thought that was 9 iron (which - yes, made no sense to me either). We always had the selfie stick, the tripod. Winter boat work in the shop (no video available). 

wiring-panel-in-shop-jpg.146678

Everyone should have a workshop like that. 

No stick needed. Just a wide angle lens. Top of the mast, Chagos archipelago, Indian Ocean. One of my favorite places

5a8a70df54de2_selfie(1of1).thumb.jpg.dab08351a60806b7bbebcb0622c66e75.jpg

• Like 3

Nice pic . . . . . well except for the dude who bobbed up just as you were setting things up. I bet he got his idea from this squirrel.

squirrel460_1461341a.jpg.fdc7cf3bee150a1034ecf576102cbea5.jpg

Keeping a bowl of walnuts in the cockpit might help distracting him.

• Like 1

Dylan, I watched your recently posted videos.  Even better, I watched them after falling down the rabbit hole, watching other sailing vlogs.  The comparison in production quality, and the quality of content was jarring.

You're tops and I'm really sorry that you're not getting your due just because you don't have eye candy onboard.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ajax said:

Dylan, I watched your recently posted videos.  Even better, I watched them after falling down the rabbit hole, watching other sailing vlogs.  The comparison in production quality, and the quality of content was jarring.

You're tops and I'm really sorry that you're not getting your due just because you don't have eye candy onboard.

Thanks Ajax,

I am philosophical about it

KTL has  lasted 8 years.... and there are some more films to come even though the filming has stopped.

I aim to make the most of the remaining material so I shall take my time editing it.

When I retire and the pension kicks in I will then buy a motorsailor and go back to scotland - that will be in about five years time... I would not bother filming it... just take some stills to remind me of the things I have seen and done

as for the much, much more successful video makers and their rabbit holes.

..., I hope when you were watching the hot water sailors you managed to see a scene where  you get to see a  girl in a bikini feeding a swimming spotty pig..   I like those scenes... so interesting I think.

I wonder also  if you managed  to catch them drinking themselves into a stupour in a beach side bar  while waiting for the next soapy episode to upload - those are always good scenes.... very informative and wittily edited I think

How about going around a local supermarket with the camera laughing at strange plastic wrapped foods .... those are always nice sequences too

Dylan

Yes, I’m so glad this winter isn’t as deep as last year - I don’t think I could stomach many more of those videos.  All those kids on the Patreon wagon seem to think they need to squirt out a new video every week, whether or not they have any content.  I would think that would kill off their viewership. But I am often wrong about such things.  

9 minutes ago, toddster said:

Yes, I’m so glad this winter isn’t as deep as last year - I don’t think I could stomach many more of those videos.  All those kids on the Patreon wagon seem to think they need to squirt out a new video every week, whether or not they have any content.  I would think that would kill off their viewership. But I am often wrong about such things.  

I think that they are selling soaps - a weekly feed.

I think that a video where the author has had a bit of a think about what is coming through the lens is a good thing

however.....

to survive on youtube you have to have great tits and  churn the stuff out

"feeding the dragon" is what it is called

I can really only make 8 proper films a year  aimed at thinking sailors

as a result KTL is hopelessly unprofitable and is slowly grinding to a halt

Dylan

Dylan, you need staff.  Get your daughter to churn these things out while you go sailing and shoot the video. ;)

59 minutes ago, Ajax said:

Dylan, you need staff.  Get your daughter to churn these things out while you go sailing and shoot the video. ;)

possibly the reverse.... I need to send my daughter sailing somewhere hot while I do the editing

These are all variants of an idea that Dylan should collect a few quid by releasing film of his daughter's tits.

Which would not be a Good Idea

I don't want the maker of exquisite coastal videos to have his hard-won reputation thrown off a cliff like Woody Allen's fall from grace

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dylan winter said:

possibly the reverse.... I need to send my daughter sailing somewhere hot while I do the editing

Can she play guitar ?  It works for some.

31 minutes ago, savoir said:
2 hours ago, dylan winter said:

Can she play guitar ?  It works for some.

How does she look in a bikini? Does she tan like an Irish girl?

On 2/16/2018 at 5:45 AM, dylan winter said:

woo hoo

Dylan - I watched this and it made me interested in this channel, so I've watched about half of what they've put out, since the beginning.  I quite like the channel, it feels very "real" and earnest in a way that slicker better produced channels often do not, and I'm at a loss on how to verbalize exactly why.

You really can see them gain knowledge and experience starting from zero.

I do worry that if they don't have the boat properly surveyed and the engine really sorted out that whatever causes the water ingress there will sink their boat eventually.

5 hours ago, BrickTopHarry said:

Dylan - I watched this and it made me interested in this channel, so I've watched about half of what they've put out, since the beginning.  I quite like the channel, it feels very "real" and earnest in a way that slicker better produced channels often do not, and I'm at a loss on how to verbalize exactly why.

You really can see them gain knowledge and experience starting from zero.

I do worry that if they don't have the boat properly surveyed and the engine really sorted out that whatever causes the water ingress there will sink their boat eventually.

I think that life is too short to worry about adventurous people in shit boats - if it starts to sink then they are young enough to bail with a bucket until help comes

finding dangerous things to do is hard because sailing is so safe.

Even when Tucky ran into a reef at speed at night in a frail as tissue paper cat they both lived and their lives were never in danger.

I expect these people were barely out of phone signal

My Catholic guilt would never allow me to ogle Dylan's daughter even if she willingly put herself out there. :)

12 hours ago, dylan winter said:

I loved your last film. Carry on with the work you do. Of the huge audience oggling and paying for this 98% video schlock, a few will some day become sailors.

Then, those few will add to your audience. KTL will never be big. Sailing will never be big. You are appreciated by many sailors. You are winning. 

31502581064_7e00da9392_b.jpg