dylan winter

Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

2 hours ago, savoir said:

That's the word but it beats me where it comes from. I keep thinking of those wooden 3ksbs you find in Turkey.

'Gilet' is the French word for cardigan (or just a vest). That must be why the English use it...who would admit to wearing a cardigan?  ;)

5 hours ago, Jim in Halifax said:

'Gilet' is the French word for cardigan (or just a vest). That must be why the English use it...who would admit to wearing a cardigan?  ;)

hutch-gty-er-170901_12x5_992.jpg

8 hours ago, Jim in Halifax said:

Typical. They can't be bothered thinking up their own word so they nick one from the froggies. Presumably "vest" is considered altogether too pedestrian down Hamble way.

2 hours ago, savoir said:

Typical. They can't be bothered thinking up their own word so they nick one from the froggies. Presumably "vest" is considered altogether too pedestrian down Hamble way.

Ja und zen ze Chermans steal ze vord 'pulli' from ze English because zey haf no vord vor 'Sweater'. Europe is all mit ze incest all ofer.

3 hours ago, savoir said:

Words with a French origin sound posh in the UK.

On 4/3/2018 at 7:48 PM, Cisco said:

Back in the days of steam I think it was the editor of 'Punch' magazine who covered all bases  by publishing a book... 'Golfing for Cats' which had a swastika on the cover... as I recall the contents had nothing to do with golf, cats or nazis...... 

Cheapest I could find a copy on Amazon was $46. Must be a classic

13 hours ago, Jim in Halifax said:

That must be why the English use it...who would admit to wearing a cardigan?

The overcoat hides everything, and have you ever grabbed someone by the cardigan?

Lonely: "You hit Arthur?"

Callan: "I hit him... and he died of it."

1523722856300378954468.jpg

6 hours ago, savoir said:

Vest means something else. If you marketed logo'd vests people would think you were selling thermal underwear...

English nicks words like a kleptomaniac:

"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don’t just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
--James D. Nicoll

Cheers, 

W.

3 hours ago, ancientseawolf said:

Cheapest I could find a copy on Amazon was $46. Must be a classic

$5 - $16 on Ebay

45 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

Ish,

Did you see the Nazi cats?

9780312338107-us.jpg

What's up with that? 

Yep. Looks like they had two covers. Different publishers in the same year, very odd.

3 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

Ish,

Did you see the Nazi cats?

9780312338107-us.jpg

What's up with that? 

I feel triggered

hF0C158CF

I've indirectly discovered the Sailing Anarchy forum after a search for info about the sailing channel above. Came across their introductory film courtesy of YouTube's suggested content (along with assorted other shit sailing channels featuring the cliches discussed at length here).

While viewing I thought it might have been a brilliantly observed parody but alas no, just another couple of dreamers late to the Patreon party.

Who knows, maybe they have inadvertently stumbled across a formula were the content is so bad it's good! 

Personally they can go and f##k themselves..

As far as the Ceil 3 site - I'd be far more interested if they focused more on Ceil 3 than the Russian hookers.  Ceil 3 was one of Bob Millers better creations.

On 14/04/2018 at 1:48 AM, savoir said:

That's the word but it beats me where it comes from. I keep thinking of those wooden 3ksbs you find in Turkey.

Does the following help at all? As an American transplant to the UK, I've always found gilets a bit too Wodehousian to be taken seriously.

Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 00.49.11.png

37 minutes ago, 12 metre said:

As far as the Ceil 3 site - I'd be far more interested if they focused more on Ceil 3 than the Russian hookers.  Ceil 3 was one of Bob Millers better creations.

Agreed.  Fascinating design with an interesting history. http://www.histoiredeshalfs.com/One Tonner/ODE 1 Ceil.htm

But at least they've got some impressive hydraulics to balance all the t&a.

11 hours ago, dylan winter said:

now this chap has really taken the whole Bikini thumbnail thing seriously

goodonim!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4Wq8xXDq8v6FIHu1Xv-Z0g

and is duly rewarded for thumbnails like this

although the patreon is looking a bit thin at the moment

https://www.patreon.com/Sailing_Ceil3

She was wearing a ski parka a few minutes earlier. brrrr !

I have noticed also, with some disappointment, that she doesn't cook French toast. Sigh !

4 hours ago, savoir said:

She was wearing a ski parka a few minutes earlier. brrrr !

I have noticed also, with some disappointment, that she doesn't cook French toast. Sigh !

There are not that many bikini days in the solent - there are a few ....but not many of them

The film-maker, whose incredible film-making skills are on show here, is a persuasive talker and got her to shed her parka for the necessary shots.

One more twist of the genre....

so who here is going to wing him some Patreon cash?

D

According to his overdub here, he is starting to 'sail the world in November 2016'. Let's just say it's been slow going because he is still in the Solent. 

Not sure what he has been doing all this time, perhaps working on his film making skills or flat out on two jobs saving the money to pay for the hooker content on the first few films. 

What's clear from the 'top ten' list identified, he assumes the blue print for success is plenty of tits and ass then forget about the sailing content. What a shame because that's probably an interesting boat. 

Some refit videos and day sails showing the performance of the yacht over the last two years might have been a good place to start but why bother with foreplay when you can jump straight to the 'peep show' (well coined Dylan) and hold out your Patreon begging bowl.

DON'T QUIT YOU'RE DAY JOB......oh wait too late

I'm sure the Delos crew are shitting themselves now!!

The marvelous thing about the new technology is that it allows anybody to be a film maker -

the bad thing about the technology is that it allows everyone to think they can make films

which they can

all round I salute the series as a genre bending leap into as yet to be explored territory - a new european bikini babe with each episode  perhaps.

marvelous stuff all round

D.

7 hours ago, dylan winter said:

There are not that many bikini days in the solent -

Dylan there was one in 1973...it was gone by 1400 though.

4 hours ago, dylan winter said:

all round I salute the series as a genre bending leap into as yet to be explored territory - a new european bikini babe with each episode  perhaps

Dylan as you know the Kiwi  guy with the Wharram cat has already cornered the Mongolian bikini lass space. His vids sit in the Euthanasia Basket though.

Getting eastern European hookers to star in your vid seems to me to have a very high overhead cost...not to mention the damage they do to the cabin sole in high heels, they can't cook and make loud noises late at night in a tongue that makes your dockside neighbours think your throttling them.

So my guess is the next one out there we haven't seen is a cute bikini covered gerbil that plays the guitar, can make French toast while putting a 3rd reef in, all at the same time. You don't have to buy this new vid star drinks, massage her new found media ego or give her £50 for a shag over and above the retainer.

This vlog space is growing by the minute....on the edge of my seat.

46 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

The Top 10. No comments as I couldn't watch many of them.

Well I see he still reckons his channel is in the top ten. I suppose it's no worse than some of the other shit he has lobbed into the list. What a complete f##k knuckle. 

If only he had sank his boat on day two of his sailing adventures like those other two knob jockeys then we wouldn't be subjected to this pish. I suppose the boat might actually have to go somewhere to incur the risk of sinking though.. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby Joylove said:

Well I see he still reckons his channel is in the top ten. I suppose it's no worse than some of the other shit he has lobbed into the list. What a complete f##k knuckle. 

If only he had sank his boat on day two of his sailing adventures like those other two knob jockeys then we wouldn't be subjected to this pish. I suppose the boat might actually have to go somewhere to incur the risk of sinking though.. 

I suggest you go to youtube and search on the phrase "boat sunk in slip" 

2 hours ago, IStream said:

I suggest you go to youtube and search on the phrase "boat sunk in slip" 

Done that... didn't find this bellend depicted anywhere...

6 hours ago, Bobby Joylove said:

Done that... didn't find this bellend depicted anywhere...

I think the point was that you didn't *actually* have to go anywhere to manage to sink your boat........

FKT

11 hours ago, Bobby Joylove said:

Standing Ovation Clap GIF

6 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

I think the point was that you didn't *actually* have to go anywhere to manage to sink your boat........

FKT

Fair point well put...should I watch on with interest hoping one of the Eastern European mail order hookers puts one of her stiletto heels through the cabin sole while making a brew? 

Think I'd sooner have my ball sack super glued to my inner thigh than suffer watching any more of these cock wombles.. 

That being said.....Gofundme

'Please help, I've left my job to sail the world and before I even left, one of my Ukrainian crew members put a big hole in the bottom of the boat with one of her high heels. I need $500,000 to recover the boat, buy a bigger boat, fill the fridge with champagne and hire more attractive prostitu.....I mean crew'.

FOAD

13 minutes ago, Bobby Joylove said:

Fair point well put...should I watch on with interest hoping one of the Eastern European mail order hookers puts one of her stiletto heels through the cabin sole while making a brew? 

Think I'd sooner have my ball sack super glued to my inner thigh than suffer watching any more of these cock wombles.. 

That being said.....Gofundme

'Please help, I've left my job to sail the world and before I even left, one of my Ukrainian crew members put a big hole in the bottom of the boat with one of her high heels. I need $500,000 to recover the boat, buy a bigger boat, fill the fridge with champagne and hire more attractive prostitu.....I mean crew'.

FOAD

Well yeah, but since that's exactly how I feel about the Vaggers and the Delousomites, situation normal. Yet those vlogs have a big following so obviously it's my taste that's out of the norm. Shrug. I don't have a Fauxbook account either.

FKT

4 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Well yeah, but since that's exactly how I feel about the Vaggers and the Delousomites, situation normal. Yet those vlogs have a big following so obviously it's my taste that's out of the norm. Shrug. I don't have a Fauxbook account either.

FKT

I've put my tin hat on and will admit to chipping in a long time ago to the Delos 'buy us a beer' vibe. Watched plenty of their videos and thought fair enough. Lost interest many moons ago so I'm no longer funding someone's extended holiday. I don't know if that waining interest will be endemic but for their sake I hope not.. As for the rest they can go and piss into the wind.

I don't have FACETWAT either....

On 4/13/2018 at 6:39 PM, Dilligaf0220 said:

Hey don't be shitposting about the Free Range couple.  They're what La Vag would look like if they both started out with a clue!  With less eyebrows & bought boobs from the Aussie Health Services.

A marine engineer and his Western Australian girlfriend sail a 70's 30' 4ktsb overtop of Australia trying as much as they can to live off the grid.  They do get my respect being one of the few sailors that actually are accomplished fishermen. 

Really like their series - lots of practical info, making do with less, obviously experienced sailors, and a masterclass in fishing. And I hate fishing, just love the end product. ;-)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rattus32 said:

Really like their series - lots of practical info, making do with less, obviously experienced sailors, and a masterclass in fishing. And I hate fishing, just love the end product. ;-)

Haven't watched them but a quick search revealed a ride on the Patreon gravy train. Can't be living too far 'off the grid' after all. Going by comments they appear an engaging couple though so I might check the content sometime.

• Like 1

The Sailing Freedom guy who lost his cat in NW Aust (where the Free Range mob are) last year and struggling to put together lost vid material looks as though he might have found a new lease on life.

He does a pretty good job of living off the smell of an oily rag.

2 hours ago, Bobby Joylove said:

Haven't watched them but a quick search revealed a ride on the Patreon gravy train. Can't be living too far 'off the grid' after all. Going by comments they appear an engaging couple though so I might check the content sometime.

They're OK, at least he can actually fix stuff himself instead of whining about it & paying other people. The fishing is a bit of a turnoff for me but I only ever fish for food not to play with my food.

I spent a lot of time in that country 30+ years ago so watching them brings back some pretty good memories. If they were down this way I'd buy them a beer or 2 & offer them the use of some of my facilities if they needed it.

FKT

5 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

They're OK, at least he can actually fix stuff himself instead of whining about it & paying other people. The fishing is a bit of a turnoff for me but I only ever fish for food not to play with my food.

I spent a lot of time in that country 30+ years ago so watching them brings back some pretty good memories. If they were down this way I'd buy them a beer or 2 & offer them the use of some of my facilities if they needed it.

FKT

Far as I can tell, they eat everything they don't release. Having consumed an inordinate amount of seafood in FNQ, I appreciate the efforts of those patient enough to do the job.

An Oriental-style crisp-fried coral trout near Port Douglas was one of the top 3 fish I've ever had in my life. Nearly made me think about fishing, but then I realized, naah - I'm not old enough to retire yet, and golf and fishing can wait till after I die.

3 hours ago, rattus32 said:

Far as I can tell, they eat everything they don't release.

Yeah but IMHO keeping on fishing after you've caught what you need for food, including some for the freezer, is playing with live animals on sharp hooks for fun.

I simply don't think it's a good thing to do. I realise that many people don't agree with me and that's fine. Not changing my opinion.

FKT

#fishlivesmatter

I’m with you FKT: Eat what you catch. Catch and release undersized or inedibles, not for fun. I love catching and eating seafood, but it seems pretty brutal to exhaust to near death or leave as weakened prey, or rip mouths, or blow swim-bladders for selfish fun.  Can’t think of a land animal that you can treat in such manner. 

14 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

The Sailing Freedom guy who lost his cat in NW Aust (where the Free Range mob are) last year and struggling to put together lost vid material looks as though he might have found a new lease on life.

He does a pretty good job of living off the smell of an oily rag.

In Florida looking at a boat. His voice sends me to sleep & not in the good way. 

Turn the sound off, stop whinging  and wait for the arse of the new girl. The Italian one from some time back could crush a walnut.

You don't need to be dramatic or cheery but he sounds like he has a bad valium addiction after his first two wives took his soul. 

But yes his videos are better than most. 

Dunno... watched a few of them, but just couldn’t spend any more time on it.  He never reveals exactly the secret to drawing the bimbos to the boat.  

Clearly that Zeyang guy is the master worthy of study... and AFAIK, he doesn’t even have a GoPro. 

Oh wow... he actually does. Or maybe it’s just a phone.

I don't think Manson ever built an aluminum boat from scratch. If he'd accomplished that, he probably wouldn't have been Manson. Zeyang documented his process publicly here on SA and by all accounts seems to be a well adjusted and accomplished fellow.

Plus those girls can weld. And farm. And, apparently, navigate.  How sexy is that?   

• Like 1

Bought a cheap mono. Maybe he read my YT comments. 

^^^^ My guess apart from lack of upfront funds, buying a project was a purposeful decision to up Patreon contributions by giving them, not free Utubers, a detailed behind the scenes look at the fix-up. The bikini only space is a pretty crowded market.

4 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

^^^^ My guess apart from lack of upfront funds, buying a project was a purposeful decision to up Patreon contributions by giving them, not free Utubers, a detailed behind the scenes look at the fix-up. The bikini only space is a pretty crowded market.

I am not sure that the fettling films are that much of a draw anymore....

he is not afraid of a project.....

however, just keeping that boat on a  pontoon or ashore will cost a bit more than the smell of an oily rag.  Keeping my 22 footer in safish condition is expensive enough.

I would be amazed if the patreonistas will dig deep enough to sort the boat out  - even just the structural stuff.

there are lots of girls in bikinis repairing boats now

sailing in cold places keeps them away though

D

19 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

The whinging of the unfortunate souls in the UK born South of Hadrians Wall never ends.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dylan winter said:

I am not sure that the fettling films are that much of a draw anymore.

...however, just keeping that boat on a  pontoon or ashore will cost a bit more than the smell of an oily rag. 

My guess within 30 minutes of owning it he is sitting somewhere where it doesn't cost and so he can rip out the fridge and turn it into a hydroponic weed production chamber ...his dreaming Patreons who are similiarly inclined and have no money will be salivating on leasons on how to follow in his footsteps. 

33 minutes ago, Dilligaf0220 said:

The whinging of the unfortunate souls in the UK born South of Hadrians Wall never ends.

2,000 year old prejudice - classic northern chippiness

20 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Plus a jumping off point in Florida means carribean & the pacific before home. 

So, I suppose that in this day and age it's better to have 85 AH of battery and 3000 views on youtube, than to have 3000 AH of battery and 85 views?

According to the "Shaggy" their flexible solar panels held up great in a "really big storm" (of 35 knots).

I always enjoy FYI videos from kids who just recently moved onto a sailboat from the bedroom they grew up in at their mom's house...

On 4/22/2018 at 10:58 AM, thereefgeek said:

So, I suppose that in this day and age it's better to have 85 AH of battery and 3000 views on youtube, than to have 3000 AH of battery and 85 views?

According to the "Shaggy" their flexible solar panels held up great in a "really big storm" (of 35 knots).

I always enjoy FYI videos from kids who just recently moved onto a sailboat from the bedroom they grew up in at their mom's house...

She has that needy look about her......

Related image

• Like 1

Yeah, but she can live without refrigeration, an ideal boat wench...

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

She has that needy look about her......

Related image

What brings you to CA LB?

is it true scooter pays you per post?

17 hours ago, olaf hart said:

Probably missing his PPS whack-a-mole and trolling for a substitute.....

First snow the other weekend, Olaf. Must be getting close to the time to be somewhere else for the winter. Mike is still working on the big boat.

FKT

19 hours ago, olaf hart said:

is it true scooter pays you per post?

Yes he pays me to shitpost on all the boards but I stay out of AC anarchy. Two many crazies in there.

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Probably missing his PPS whack-a-mole and trolling for a substitute.....

And Randumb is away skiing. Not sure how given global warming...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

And Randumb is away skiing. Not sure how given global warming...

Probably why PPS is also missing in action....

Sea level rise is still at a lousy few microns per day, too. I have a boat to launch! People like Randumb should have to pay compensation for their false & misleading claims.

FKT

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Probably why PPS is also missing in action....

Sea level rise is still at a lousy few microns per day, too. I have a boat to launch! People like Randumb should have to pay compensation for their false & misleading claims.

FKT

No-- He started a thread over in General Anarchy today.

Seems he. has been able to recover more footage from the sinking than he first thought.

The dark haired one is his current/in Florida squeeze I think and the one onboard when the cat decided it no longer liked sunlight. 

That brunette is smokin.  Christ.

11 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Seems he. has been able to recover more footage from the sinking than he first thought.

The dark haired one is his current/in Florida squeeze I think and the one onboard when the cat decided it no longer liked sunlight. 

All three have crazy eyes

11 minutes ago, ancientseawolf said:

All three have crazy eyes

Most here would say "they both have crazy eyes", or "he has crazy eyes" ...so let me guess ..them white coated pricks fucked up your Electroconvulsive Therapy and you now have some gender differetential issues??? Don't worry you are amoungst friends here.

I get the feeling the boats know what's going on with the video making.

How long do you think the next boat suicides out of despair? 

2 hours ago, dylan winter said:

chick with scary eyes holds bog

Changing out a marine toilet. A new low in vlogging.

• Like 1

I had the pleasure of meeting up with Johann and Malin from RAN Sailing today in the Ala Wai Boat Harbor.  They arrived in Honolulu a couple days ago and we happen to be on Oahu today.  What a nice couple.  Very inspirational for our sailing adventures.

31472629_10157367159553012_4816076904504567831_n.jpg

Speaking or weird eyes in thumbnails - something odd going on the the thumbnail

Cheeky Monkey/chase the story have arisen from the dead

after 11 months of no films, Lo, like Lazarus himself they are returned

In this epic they borrow some water - apparently

https://www.patreon.com/chasethestory

Now for something completely different.  I've been watching these videos by a gentleman in Japan with a Vancouver 28.  There is no commentary, just the sounds of the wind and the waves.  Usually the videos are just views underway of picturesque bays.  Sometimes the videos are of small fishing ports.  I haven't read much about Japan as a cruising ground, but these videos interest me in going there.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dylan winter said:

The bow of the dinghy is reflecting in her sunglasses....

On 4/29/2018 at 9:14 AM, dylan winter said:

all I want to know is,  if hubby sthupped some island girl is the reason for divorce?

1 hour ago, dacapo said:

all I want to know is,  if hubby sthupped some island girl is the reason for divorce?

I don't know, moving aboard is pretty close quarters and a big change. Pile on that the stress of a regular video production which may also be critical to financing the venture, and it could push things to the point of breakage. Possibly preceeded by some extra-marital shtupping by one or both parties. 

Just for the record

couple in small twin keeler sailing in New Zealand

nice honest, roughish in places, narrative

• Like 1

On 4/30/2018 at 9:09 AM, dacapo said:

right? Who decides to get a divorce in the middle of French Polynesia? Her mister never really seemed that into the vlogging.

On 4/21/2018 at 1:51 AM, dylan winter said:

there are lots of girls in bikinis repairing boats now

sailing in cold places keeps them away though

D

I guess you haven't heard that Delos crew is sailing Scandinavia next season! They are going on 59 Norths boat as their crew. 

On 02/05/2018 at 5:29 PM, Mark Set said:

I guess you haven't heard that Delos crew is sailing Scandinavia next season! They are going on 59 Norths boat as their crew. 

1 week in Svalbard hardly a season in Scandinavia.

6 hours ago, N1772 said:

1 week in Svalbard hardly a season in Scandinavia.

really its just 1 week? They made it sound like it was gunna be a month or so.