dylan winter

Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

That math issue is the problem right there...  wow.

Dumb as batshit plus fell out of the Ugly Tree and hit every branch = a dumb ugly Patreon audience with more money than sense. Intelligent good looking Patreons are clearly skint. This data set must exist surely.

20 hours ago, Ishmael said:

And they are halfway there! (sic)

0C33A80F-0858-4AC8-8C72-457754748446.jpeg

I recall hearing an account of George W. Bush being told during the Iraq war that three Brazilian troops had died.  He hung his head and sobbed for a moment, then he asked his staff, "Can you tell me again how many is a Brazilian?"

• Like 1

I can see how this business of making YouTube videos could become addictive.  For Christmas, my wife gave me a GoPro.  She was so excited about it that she actually gave it to me a few weeks early.  So far, the main victim of my video experiments has been the dog.

Regarding video editing software, I investigated several.

GoPro Quik:  It's free, but it's worthless!  By default, it wants to divide video clips at arbitrary points and overdub the sound with nauseating techno-pop.  I regret losing the two hours of my life I spent experimenting with it.

RealPlayer:  It's free, and it can do simple things such as snipping segments of video, but it became confused regarding which was is up in some of my videos.  The dog harness mount hangs the camera upside-down.  The GoPro has a setting to correct for this, but RealPlayer is somehow confused by that setting.  RealPlayer does come with a video downloader that is very useful.  My experience with this is that there is an arms race between YouTube and RealPlayer.  The video downloader will work only until YouTube comes up with a means to defeat it.

YouTube Studio:  It's free, and it can be used to perform simple functions such as snipping segments of a video, but it is painfully slow.  My understanding is that previous versions of the software had greater capability, but the software has been defeatured for the latest release.

Adobe Premier Pro:  One of my coworkers uses this for video editing that he does at work, and he seems to like it; however, it is expensive.  There is a monthly fee.

Corel Video Studio:  One of my friends uses this and likes it, but he cautioned that there is a long learning curve.  It is not designed for the casual user.

Movavi:  This is what I bought, and it has been able to accomplish the basic functions that I need, which include snipping video segments and changing the time scale.  It also is very useful for saving video to different formats.

2 hours ago, captain_crunch said:

Adobe Premier Pro:  One of my coworkers uses this for video editing that he does at work, and he seems to like it; however, it is expensive.  There is a monthly fee.

Adobe is a good bit of software, i use it all the time. 

PS. i like your dog... BOAT DOG

10 minutes ago, Zora said:

Adobe is a good bit of software, i use it all the time. 

PS. i like your dog... BOAT DOG

She has been riding in the kayak since she was a little puppy.

20161105_155541mod.jpg

• Like 3

Try kdenlive. I use it a lot but don't use anything else to compare it with, so would be interested on your thoughts.

On 12/26/2018 at 6:43 AM, captain_crunch said:

I can see how this business of making YouTube videos could become addictive.  For Christmas, my wife gave me a GoPro.  She was so excited about it that she actually gave it to me a few weeks early.  So far, the main victim of my video experiments has been the dog.

Regarding video editing software, I investigated several.

GoPro Quik:  It's free, but it's worthless!  By default, it wants to divide video clips at arbitrary points and overdub the sound with nauseating techno-pop.  I regret losing the two hours of my life I spent experimenting with it.

RealPlayer:  It's free, and it can do simple things such as snipping segments of video, but it became confused regarding which was is up in some of my videos.  The dog harness mount hangs the camera upside-down.  The GoPro has a setting to correct for this, but RealPlayer is somehow confused by that setting.  RealPlayer does come with a video downloader that is very useful.  My experience with this is that there is an arms race between YouTube and RealPlayer.  The video downloader will work only until YouTube comes up with a means to defeat it.

YouTube Studio:  It's free, and it can be used to perform simple functions such as snipping segments of a video, but it is painfully slow.  My understanding is that previous versions of the software had greater capability, but the software has been defeatured for the latest release.

Corel Video Studio:  One of my friends uses this and likes it, but he cautioned that there is a long learning curve.  It is not designed for the casual user.

Movavi:  This is what I bought, and it has been able to accomplish the basic functions that I need, which include snipping video segments and changing the time scale.  It also is very useful for saving video to different formats.

Give the go pro app another go.  What you did was use one of the pre made templates.  You don't have to use them.  Just start a new project without a template and it is a blank canvas.  If you have a really old computer it may still have windows movie maker on it which was good and free way back when, it may seem dated today though.  

Kinemaster Pro is an app that I use on my Samsung android tablet to make vids as well. It is cheap and comparable to the gopro app.

Wow.  I'm sure that engine will be easy to sort. 

I lasted 24 seconds on that one. As soon as they opened their mouths I wanted to punch them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ishmael said:

I lasted 24 seconds on that one. As soon as they opened their mouths I wanted to punch them.

I stopped when I saw the man bun. 

oooh you chaps are so judgemental

I think it could turn into a wonderful series

it is not about boats - it is about a journey through a slice of life

will it last five episodes - ten - twenty

Their parents are very supportive - it is a sunny place

they do take some pretty nicely framed shots and the bloke can fly a drone

top notch jigsawing skills - bordering on the skills of Barry Bucknell

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Bucknell

it is all free

D

Wait.  I thought that was two chicks.   :o

• Like 2

"... Join us next time as we get a serious reality check and have to face some really hard truths about the boat."

What a cliffhanger.  I can't wait for the next episode!

They don't seem so bad. I don't have an experience with cement boats so can't comment on the boat itself. The interior seems decent though. All the best to them

16 hours ago, MauiPunter said:

Wait.  I thought that was two chicks.   :o

And a cup?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IStream said:

And a cup?

You really, really don’t want to go there!  :o

• Like 1

Just now, mad said:

You really, really don’t want to go there!  :o

Don't worry, that'll be after they shift to Patreon and you'll have to be a subscriber to get it.

22 hours ago, Zora said:

They don't seem so bad. I don't have an experience with cement boats so can't comment on the boat itself. The interior seems decent though. All the best to them

Yeah, I've seen a lot worse.

I think they're nuts tearing it apart though. It's a cheap ferro boat, even if they have the time, skills and resources to build a complete and gorgeous new interior, it'll then be a way over-capitalised cheap ferro boat.

Fix up the wiring if it needs it, sure. Rip out any redundant wiring, sure. Replace hoses, check/replace sea cocks, sure. Other than that, leave the interior alone until experience shows you what you can't stand. Probably swap out all the old lighting for LEDs, better reliability and less power draw.

I'd be dealing with the engine, drive system, cooling system, standing rigging, running rigging and sails myself. Unless the object is simply to have a floating apartment, in which case, a ferro hull isn't a bad choice.

Doubt I'll watch much - I don't find wide-eyed naivete all that interesting and I already know from personal experience what needs to be done.

FKT

• Like 1

At least an errant move with the saw or sander won't mortally wound the hull.  Perhaps they should insure it (although I don't know if you can get insurance on a ferro sail boat, I know you can't on a ferro crabber) and take her out and see if cement floats, if she fails the float test on to the next foolish adventure.

12 minutes ago, zenmasterfred said:

At least an errant move with the saw or sander won't mortally wound the hull.  Perhaps they should insure it (although I don't know if you can get insurance on a ferro sail boat, I know you can't on a ferro crabber) and take her out and see if cement floats, if she fails the float test on to the next foolish adventure.

They could save everyone a lot of time if they just took it out and sank it as a fish habitat.

her main reason for pulling out stuff is that it is "dirty"

not a great start to a boat project.

They love each other though and love is a wonderful thing

man bun and concrete boat though!

Pateron is currently experiencing a bit of bother at the moment and have started banning people - mostly politics bloggers and vloggers at the moment - apparently it is paypal who are behind it.....

wonder if they will start pulling the plugs on sailing websites who use patreon to offer exclusive without bikini shots

and back on the sailing vloggers

La Vag baby is starting to loom large in their videos

this time after brows went deep diving while up the duff.... not sure if the pressure to produce 16 mins a week is that good for a preggers woman

Maybe if they stopped pushing hate speech they wouldn't have to worry about getting banned from these platforms.  Easy game.

2 hours ago, MauiPunter said:

Maybe if they stopped pushing hate speech they wouldn't have to worry about getting banned from these platforms.  Easy game.

good point however,

what is hate speech

should a sailing video vlogger be banned for being less than kind to fishermen or Bonny Prince Charlie for instance?

Dylan

3 hours ago, Barnacle Balls said:

just ban all speech.

You are ridiculous.

I was in the B & G website yesterday. LV are all over the place ,both of them AND the boat.

18 minutes ago, savoir said:

I was in the B & G website yesterday. LV are all over the place ,both of them AND the boat.

Just checked, now they have the Sailing Uma couple up. Must be part of a series.

4 hours ago, dylan winter said:

good point however,

what is hate speech

should a sailing video vlogger be banned for being less than kind to fishermen or Bonny Prince Charlie for instance?

Dylan

Not to mention blaspheming duck hunters. BURN THE WITCHES!

4 hours ago, monsoon said:

Not to mention blaspheming duck hunters. BURN THE WITCHES!

strangely enough that is the ony video I have ever had taken down by youtube

delicate flowers those duck hunters - they take a strong stand against hate speech

no reasonable person could ever think that blowing Teral and Widgeon into the next world just for fun could ever be in any way reprehensible

Dylan

7 hours ago, dylan winter said:

strangely enough that is the ony video I have ever had taken down by youtube

delicate flowers those duck hunters - they take a strong stand against hate speech

no reasonable person could ever think that blowing Teral and Widgeon into the next world just for fun could ever be in any way reprehensible

Dylan

Wigeon please, Dylan darling. This may only be the internet but one has one's standards.

Back in the day a flamingo landed on Bridgemarsh Island in the River Crouch. A bad decision.

JimParker.Flamingo.Bridgemarsh.1913-672x

They don't welcome foreigners in these parts . . .

Bridgemarsh-Island.jpg

23 hours ago, savoir said:

Did you go to the " Bluewater Cruising " section ?

did now, yes la vag is still up there but just the pics like they're only modeling the stuff. I guess thats their new MO, float around the Med modeling the cruiser lifestyle for the #brands

49 minutes ago, Mark Set said:

did now, yes la vag is still up there but just the pics like they're only modeling the stuff. I guess thats their new MO, float around the Med modeling the cruiser lifestyle for the #brands

the main income will still be the patreonistas though

"the main income will still be the patreonistas though"

Yup but how many will drop off when the antenatal classes start.

Sailing will morph to motoring so the sprog is not awakened or placed at risk.

Crikey they are so vanilla plain and boring it really does surprise me that they have so many patreons that contribute coin to wobble along on the same wavelength.

59 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

patreonistas ?  Love it.

and there was silly me thinking that the patreonistas were those guys fighting the revolution in Guatemala . . . . . . or was it El Salvador ?

21 minutes ago, savoir said:
1 hour ago, dylan winter said:

patreonistas ?  Love it.

and there was silly me thinking that the patreonistas were those guys fighting the revolution in Guatemala . . . . . . or was it El Salvador ?

Argentina, but as my as my Argentine wife likes to say, tongue planted firmly in cheek, "I don't care what kind of Mexican you are."

On 12/17/2018 at 1:59 PM, dylan winter said:

this is very well done

ok....not enough meat...too much potato  so far.  No story liner, no background ...lots of vid of them sailing.....nice boat.....if she were to say Be Best I;'d think it was Melania

8 hours ago, dacapo said:

ok....not enough meat...too much potato  so far.  No story liner, no background ...lots of vid of them sailing.....nice boat.....if she were to say Be Best I;'d think it was Melania

you make a good point

I think some people really like the soapy aspects of sailing films - the kissy kissy, the tears, the baby bump, the drives home for Chistmas. feeding the pigs and getting drunk with other vloggers in beach vars

Some like the hard sailing stuff as with the norwegian man, some like the endless fettling of Mads.

So tell me - you want a back story of some sort..... describe your ideal sailing vlog for me (leaving out the  long running one about the jowly old fekka drifting around a small cold wet  island in a shit boat for a decade or so while making witty and intelligent comments)

D

Gosh, the Norwegian man.  He has been lying low for a while.

" No bullshit, just sailing " followed by a cold can of spaghetti.

There's a lesson there . . . . . only I'm not sure what it is.

21 minutes ago, savoir said:

Gosh, the Norwegian man.  He has been lying low for a while.

" No bullshit, just sailing " followed by a cold can of spaghetti.

There's a lesson there . . . . . only I'm not sure what it is.

I think the secret of longevity with vlogs is to keep on re-inventing themselves

No bullshit is a one trick pony - he sails in tough weather in a tough place and is great with a drone  - and thats pretty much it.

on the other hand Delos has gone from adventures to breasts,  to diving, to exotic places - watch one of his films from four years ago and it is a tit fest

less so now

La Vag involves people in their lives - it is the soapiest of them all - they have filmed a lot of hospital visits - and there are certainly more to come.

and then there are the ever fettlers - Samson, Mads and Seeker

the wynns made some really successful films about RVing before they became sailors... once they have milked the sailing they will be off with their string of pack ferrets across India

Dylan

8 minutes ago, Peanutbutterjars said:

I do not think the Norwegian could care less that he doesn't have the viewers of the tit and ass sailing vloggers following his videos.

Personally, I couldn't give a toss what La Vag or Delos are doing, but I will always watch a new NBJS video.

But, I realise I am in the minority, and that there are a multitude of mentally ill people that not only watch the T&A crap, but actually contribute their hard earned dollars to the perpetrators of it. 

No wonder the Kardashians are famous for doing sweet F all, and no wonder Commander Bone Spurs became President.

poetry right there - well written

3 hours ago, dylan winter said:

So tell me - you want a back story of some sort..... describe your ideal sailing vlog for me (leaving out the  long running one about the jowly old fekka drifting around a small cold wet  island in a shit boat for a decade or so while making witty and intelligent comments)

D

Probably my 3 current favourites would be the RAN sailing couple, the Nutshell nuts and the Free Range Sailing couple.

The last 2 especially combine calm competence at fixing pretty much anything that comes along with sailing in interesting places. The RAN couple have a more modern boat with less going wrong so less to show. No doubts about their competence.

I picked up on the Nutshells when they were narrowboat touring in the UK.

The Adventure Adrift couple are worth watching too.

As for the back stories - can't say I care a great deal. I don't want to know the in's and out's of their relationships on a daily basis, I assume it's generally like everyone else's.

The moment any of them get near the bar hopping culture that seems so prevalent in the Caribbean I switch off. *Drinking* in those bars does nothing for me. Watching other people drink while filming each other drinking is a total turnoff. The only positive bit is, it provides me with a list of places to avoid at all costs.

FKT

2 hours ago, dylan winter said:

I think the secret of longevity with vlogs is to keep on re-inventing themselves

No bullshit is a one trick pony - he sails in tough weather in a tough place and is great with a drone  - and thats pretty much it.

on the other hand Delos has gone from adventures to breasts,  to diving, to exotic places - watch one of his films from four years ago and it is a tit fest

less so now

La Vag involves people in their lives - it is the soapiest of them all - they have filmed a lot of hospital visits - and there are certainly more to come.

and then there are the ever fettlers - Samson, Mads and Seeker

the wynns made some really successful films about RVing before they became sailors... once they have milked the sailing they will be off with their string of pack ferrets across India

Dylan

I stated the one-trick pony part some time ago. Nice guy, fun, but he just keeps doing the same thing and there's no story.

He also works for a living. He wrecked his engine by wrapping a line around the prop. He had to stop, earn money, replace the engine and start sailing again. If anything, I am like him (which is why I don't bother recording anything I do.)  I sail, but I do the same shit over and over again, and I have to work a regular cubicle job to fund it. How many times could I show you Chestertown and St. Michael's before you get bored with it? No one wants to watch that.

3 hours ago, dylan winter said:

i need human interaction.....for an ideal sailing vlog, i need to people to not only be real down to earth and not fake but to express that in their vids.   I can not stand to see another vlog of a couple who think they can do exactly what the others have done on a boat that is not suited, mishaps due to lack of the 7 p's (prior proper planning prevents piss poor performance) and be successful.    If I see another vlog of a couple in tears of rapture because it was the first time they 1. ever caught a fish 2. saw a dolphin 3. saw the pis in the Bahamas...i'm gonna vomit

I want to see an adventure that I feel a part of., something I would do (which is why I love DELOS).  I would love to be doing what they are doing. I want the good bad and ugly during that adventure. I want to see the preparation , the "how" and not only result.  Above all, I want  that perspective through the lens of the camera.....

35 minutes ago, Ajax said:

I stated the one-trick pony part some time ago. Nice guy, fun, but he just keeps doing the same thing and there's no story.

He also works for a living. He wrecked his engine by wrapping a line around the prop. He had to stop, earn money, replace the engine and start sailing again. If anything, I am like him (which is why I don't bother recording anything I do.)  I sail, but I do the same shit over and over again, and I have to work a regular cubicle job to fund it. How many times could I show you Chestertown and St. Michael's before you get bored with it? No one wants to watch that.

I agree

I have filmed every inch of the East Coast rivers - and in almost every set of weather conditions

I have now been on the Deben for two years  - it is very odd being on the same river for two seasons.... there is one chap who has a 17 footer and he has never left the Deben - perfectly happy sailor.

I do miss the thrill of not knowing what lies around the next headland

D

Our son gave us our first large-ish screen LED for Xmas. With he and his sister, we enjoyed Dylan's Tay video's together over the holidays. I also watch the Classic Boat series, interesting boats, good stories.

I've watched a few other 'Sailing vlogs' (zzzz), but what comes up in the field for 'sailing' looks so uninteresting. I'm a sailor, most that do sailing vlogs, are not. 

How do you find interesting sailing vlogs on Youtube? We've become adept at weeding out the chafe in travel videos and found some (it's work), very interesting informative, well done pieces. I'm not a relic (I've been binging Game of Thrones - good yarn), but the mass of sailing vlogs on Youtube,  are phony.

I want sailing or something at least vaguely related to the world. As a sailing family the 4 of us can enjoy sailing works, if reasonably done. Why does everyone think they have something interesting to say on Youtube? 

People are interesting, boats - water - sailing are all interesting. There are so many interesting stories out there. How is it possible so many un-interesting sailing vlogs exist?

374573680_SandingRebecca.thumb.jpg.a3582ee08ffed4c0d0a57ffe8d450fb7.jpg

• Like 1

@Kris Cringle  Next time you're bored and fall down the Youtube wormhole, search "eye in hand sailing."

There is no story and very little, if any dialogue. It is nothing more than videos of beautiful, small, hand built, classic boats sailing in beautiful areas of the Chesapeake. I find it very entertaining and soothing during the winter.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dacapo said:

Sounds more like Piper Blush to me. Now this girl just needs to get pressed into a nice sailing trip. I'd probably drown myself after a couple days listening to that voice while trapped on a boat with her.

Piper in slow motion.

16 hours ago, dacapo said:

when i watch sailing videos i most like the parts where they are sailing. This one is perfect.

2 hours ago, Ajax said:

@Kris Cringle  Next time you're bored and fall down the Youtube wormhole, search "eye in hand sailing."

There is no story and very little, if any dialogue. It is nothing more than videos of beautiful, small, hand built, classic boats sailing in beautiful areas of the Chesapeake. I find it very entertaining and soothing during the winter.

Thanks, Ajax. I just found it and it is great footage. Soothing sounds, gentle winds, sailing motion. Stuff like this is great background at times in our house. But I like the combination of good footage, good commentary, interesting place, sailing, etc. 

Oddly, I first googled: eye in hand youtube, and I got the sailing vlogs that are popular. "Who needs clothes on a private island?" with a backside pic of a woman.

Sailing? Do you need to click the  thumb to know the answer is no? 

I don't. I have to get more creative on my youtube search bar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kris Cringle said:

Thanks, Ajax. I just found it and it is great footage. Soothing sounds, gentle winds, sailing motion. Stuff like this is great background at times in our house. But I like the combination of good footage, good commentary, interesting place, sailing, etc. 

Oddly, I first googled: eye in hand youtube, and I got the sailing vlogs that are popular. "Who needs clothes on a private island?" with a backside pic of a woman.

Sailing? Do you need to click the  thumb to know the answer is no? 

I don't. I have to get more creative on my youtube search bar. 

Youtube algorithms are weirdness incarnate

you can tell it not to offer you certain types of films by clicking not interested - but then it will not offer you any sailing films - the computer assumes that if you like sailing films you are more likely to click on one with a girl in it -  it also does weird stuff with choosing thumbnails - it looks for a smiling face - or a dolphin - never scenery. It knows what works for the average joe.

It is good that you are watching on the smart TV - I am assuming it is a youtube app

I am getting more and more hits but the growth has all been on apps on big tellies - this is great that the films are good enough

But as the growth in app hits increases the taps have gone the other way.

...as an experiment I have now made all my films unlinked for youtube so they no longer turn up in youtube searches or the suggestions screen (which is the biggest source of hits) . Hits per day on the films have gone down by 80 per cent - but the hits via my website have gone steadily up.

The move has forced people to stop relying on the youtube suggestions screen to watch the latest KTL film - so I am getting more hits to my website and all the film hits are coming through my website - still for free.

I  have also dumped the music - if a film has music in it then it belongs to google/time warner etc

I am  also experimenting with no voice over on youtube and the films with the voice over on my website - along with a written script. The jury is still out on this particular experiment.

• Like 1

Last month there was a flurry of nooze articles about "influencers," and I thought that they might make an interesting discussion topic.  Then the end-of-year effluent impacted the local impeller and I was off-line for a while.  The only one I can immediately find is this one:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/08/style/jovan-hill-live-stream-social-media-money.html

They do call out La Vag in the article, as an example, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out why people would watch these other guys at all, much less pay them money.  Even the worst sailing video has got to be better than watching some guy sitting on a couch rambling about nothing.  Well, except for the ones where they just sit on a settee, rambling about nothing.

Elsewhere on the web, I have started to notice a few tag lines of the variety, "If you have a social media following of over 30K, please consider becoming one of our brand ambassadors!"  WTF? How much does it cost to have a Chinese bot-army click on your site 30,000 times every week?  Is it more than the cost of a few promotional trinkets and T-shirts? No wonder YouTube is getting shot-up by deranged wannabes.   

Speaking of Influence, have you been?  

As far as I recall, I bought a Lagun table leg after Mads endorsed it, (I was previously afraid that it would be too wobbly) and a book that was mentioned on Delos, but come to think of it, I haven't got around to reading that one.  Pretty small compared to the amount of boating crap and books that I've bought on the recommendation of you lot.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Peanutbutterjars said:

But I'd sooner be water-boarded than to ever want to be a part of the likes of what DELOS are doing.  That whole "Friends" (the TV show) on a boat stuff makes me want to vomit as much as those annoying cruising couples you mention - different strokes again.

This. That would be hell for me - I've watched a couple of their vlogs just to see if I was missing something the first time. Nope. Utter horror at the thought of *ever* being stuck on a boat with people like that.

I loathe the thought of going on cruise ships too.

I spent a lot of my life working on ships at sea for up to 3 months between touching land so it's not the confined spaces and all, it's the utter vacuousness of the DELOS types that I loathe.

FKT

• Like 1

I couldn't watch any of it if it weren't for the YouTube feature that allows you to slide the thumbs ahead and skip all the talking head segments.  

Actually, haven't had time for any of it anyway this year. I guess because the snow isn't so deep this season.  

Although a little goes a long way, I quite like the ROAM style videos - very little verbiage, a few quick labels, nice snappy action montages over catchy music.

Re: Influence. Now that I think of it, I did purchase some music from the ROAM videos.  Where else am I gonna get exposed to Australian bar bands?   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peanutbutterjars said:

Your post indicates the grand old case different strokes for different folks.

I need no human interaction - which is why I like the NBJS and HOW TO SAIL OCEANS vids.  Its just them and the elements.  Likewise, I have not much interest in Dylans videos where he is sailing with someone else.  

However I agree with you in not wanting to see couples in tears of rapture for the very same reasons as you - its vomit material.

But I'd sooner be water-boarded than to ever want to be a part of the likes of what DELOS are doing.  That whole "Friends" (the TV show) on a boat stuff makes me want to vomit as much as those annoying cruising couples you mention - different strokes again.  I guess we should be happy that we live in a free enough society that we can make choices of what we want to watch, what we want to do ....mostly.

yep...different stokes exactly.............

9 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

Sounds more like Piper Blush to me. Now this girl just needs to get pressed into a nice sailing trip.

Why would you want to go sailing with a prostitute? Wouldn't it be really expensive?

3 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Why would you want to go sailing with a prostitute? Wouldn't it be really expensive?

I'm sure she has monthly/yearly rates.

8 hours ago, dylan winter said:

Youtube algorithms are weirdness incarnate

Yeah, I keep getting spammed with Prager U ads, as if those assholes have anything to tell me. YouTube needs a better "interested/not interested/nuke that shit from space" button.

54 minutes ago, Diarmuid said:

Yeah, I keep getting spammed with Prager U ads, as if those assholes have anything to tell me. YouTube needs a better "interested/not interested/nuke that shit from space" button.

How about we start by adding a "Fuck off, I don't want any suggestions" switch? If and only if that's set to allow suggestions should we worry about the interested/not interested algorithm.

10 hours ago, toddster said:

I couldn't watch any of it if it weren't for the YouTube feature that allows you to slide the thumbs ahead and skip all the talking head segments.  

Actually, haven't had time for any of it anyway this year. I guess because the snow isn't so deep this season.  

Although a little goes a long way, I quite like the ROAM style videos - very little verbiage, a few quick labels, nice snappy action montages over catchy music.

Re: Influence. Now that I think of it, I did purchase some music from the ROAM videos.  Where else am I gonna get exposed to Australian bar bands?   

Totally agree with you, the Roam vids are a class above all the other offerings. I actually got to meet them in Fiji in October 2016, they were getting ready to head back to Oz and we were heading east. They built Roam to an amazing level of finish and not too long after launching left for Fiji in search of waves, which they scored (Cloudbreak was 10 to 12 foot as we entered the pass to clear in to Fiji !) Since that trip they have done 2 more trips, both times to French Polynesia where they are now.Wow, these guys don’t muck around. No bullshit with this couple.

Ps., google “Sail Surf Roam” if you haven’t seen their vids. They are on Vimeo. 

9 minutes ago, he b gb said:

Ps., google “Sail Surf Roam” if you haven’t seen their vids. They are on Vimeo. 

Thanks.

On 1/5/2019 at 12:03 PM, jack_sparrow said:

Defeats the purpose. You don’t pay a hooker for the sex, you pay them to leave afterwards.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2019 at 6:50 AM, Peanutbutterjars said:

Your post indicates the grand old case different strokes for different folks.

I need no human interaction - 

So by ‘different strokes’ do you mean changing hands every so often or do you have a selection textured gloves?

7 hours ago, dylan winter said:

Hard sailor

That's a very cool boat!