dylan winter

Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

Recommended Posts

On 1/5/2019 at 12:03 PM, jack_sparrow said:

Why would you want to go sailing with a prostitute? Wouldn't it be really expensive?

Defeats the purpose. You don’t pay a hooker for the sex, you pay them to leave afterwards.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 6:50 AM, Peanutbutterjars said:

Your post indicates the grand old case different strokes for different folks.

I need no human interaction - 

So by ‘different strokes’ do you mean changing hands every so often or do you have a selection textured gloves?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Defeats the purpose. You don’t pay a hooker for the sex, you pay them to leave afterwards.

From experience, it's easier strap some lead to their feet and toss them over board then to hack them into pieces and stuff them into the trunk of an old buick when youre finished.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dylan winter said:

Hard sailor

 

That's a very cool boat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

goodonim for getting his hands on it

a man who knows how to focus

Dylan

He really does, i envy his apparent lack of procrastination... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barnacle Balls said:

From experience, it's easier strap some lead to their feet and toss them over board then to hack them into pieces and stuff them into the trunk of an old buick when youre finished.

What a tight ass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dylan winter said:

I really wanted to like that -

D

Heade in hande, chuckleng........                  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Has Brow dropped the kid yet? I'm really looking forward to the series Breast Feeding Before the Mast.

Image result for baby with thick eyebrows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2019 at 2:19 PM, dylan winter said:

I really wanted to like that -

D

What didn't you like about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 1:48 PM, dylan winter said:

too twee for me

 

I love the word 'twee'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, monsoon said:

I love the word 'twee'

I had to Google it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She sure does exaggerate. " right proper rough out there " with massive 4ft waves.

Even so it looked right proper cold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Binged on this one the last couple of days.  I liked it....  It gets 'warmer' and there are nice sandy beaches in a few subsequent vids, but not quite what the OP was thinking about when this thread started...

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dylan winter said:

Sailing Nervous man to man patreon pitch

film should start at the pitch

 

 

 

 

I gave up on these two a long time ago.

They just plod up and down the ICW because their babystay mount point is broken, so they are afraid to sail for fear of bringing the rig down. On this model of Moody, the babystay apparently takes the place of lower shrouds and is important to rig integrity, yet they still haven't fixed it, even after a year.  This prevented them from sailing to the Bahamas. They are terrified of basically...everything.

They should rename their blog "Sailing Paranoid" or "Sailing Paralysis." 

They are "nice people" and that's about all that can be said for them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "Shakedown Cruise" episode is #178. That's all I needed to see.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2019 at 4:06 PM, dylan winter said:

here is a bit of cold sailing

 

Seems like a lot of cold motoring.  And they've already sold the boat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Elegua said:

Seems like a lot of cold motoring.  And they've already sold the boat?

strangely enough I have been editing films about my take on the same area - only in my 22 footer and spending three months over it...

I don't like it when presenters shout at you over the sound of the engine.

I have now  dumped all the music and use only natural sounds

It has been an interesting exercise in bringing about a change of format

I could not claim that the experiment has been an unmitigated success

 

Dylan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IStream said:

The "Shakedown Cruise" episode is #178. That's all I needed to see.

interestingly here is episode 178 of the current  market leaders - in which Tashe and Brows show us how they are full of lurve

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

strangely enough I have been editing films about my take on the same area - only in my 22 footer and spending three months over it...

I don't like it when presenters shout at you over the sound of the engine.

I have now  dumped all the music and use only natural sounds

It has been an interesting exercise in bringing about a change of format

I could not claim that the experiment has been an unmitigated success

 

Dylan

 

You've always done a good job of adding voice overs which eliminate wind and engine noise.

Not only does this eliminate objectionable noises, your narrations are much more coherent when reading a prepared script into a mic on the computer rather than spewing a random stream of consciousness over the wind and engine at the moment that things are happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel that tache and brows are now really being dishonest with "sailing around the world" part of their title.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chester said:

I feel that tache and brows are now really being dishonest with "sailing around the world" part of their title.

It remains to be seen yet.  For folks who 'go around', it's not uncommon to take periodic hiatus in one area or another, even to w-w-w-o-o-rk.  Staying put prior to arrival of their little 'bundle of joy' is certainly understandable.    It's what comes afterwards,  that will be the Tell.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dylan winter said:

strangely enough I have been editing films about my take on the same area - only in my 22 footer and spending three months over it...

I don't like it when presenters shout at you over the sound of the engine.

I have now  dumped all the music and use only natural sounds

It has been an interesting exercise in bringing about a change of format

I could not claim that the experiment has been an unmitigated success

 

Dylan

 

Yes, I gave you our critique in an email, Dylan, after the Tay uploads. To repeat: We're glad to find the narrated versions now on your website. Whoever thought you should nix your narration, is a poor judge of your work. 

We miss the music, (my wife especially loved the music you added), but I understand why you did so, after your letter. 

You're still the best sailing videos on the planet. Thank god you and Jill don't do one of these reality style sailing vlogs. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chester said:

I feel that tache and brows are now really being dishonest with "sailing around the world" part of their title.

I guess it depends on which definition of "around":

2so as to rotate and face in the opposite direction.
3in or to many places throughout a locality.
4randomly or unsystematically; here and there.
 
They've gone more places than most. Seems all the big ones are ending up in the Caribbean, giving charter rides to Patreon. Delos too. Seems like Rick Moore had it right all along...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, freewheelin said:

I guess it depends on which definition of "around":

2so as to rotate and face in the opposite direction.
3in or to many places throughout a locality.
4randomly or unsystematically; here and there.
 
They've gone more places than most. Seems all the big ones are ending up in the Caribbean, giving charter rides to Patreon. Delos too. Seems like Rick Moore had it right all along...

It does seem that way... I wonder where they stand with regards to inurance, coded boats and qualified skippers....

for some it has become a bit of a lottery, cough up for patreon and win a 1,000 to one chance of a trip of a lifetime - and all on film...

I am not sure that week on a 22 footer with a jowly old bloke has the same appeal

 

D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 4:26 AM, fragglerock said:

You too can be a youtube star!

 

 

It's Lizberth again! What say we knock up an entry ourselves?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chester said:

I feel that tache and brows are now really being dishonest with "sailing around the world" part of their title.

It looks like she has been doing a little gardening on the brows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LB 15 said:

It's Lizberth again! What say we knock up an entry ourselves?

Rimas would be a good candidate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blitz said:

Rimas would be a good candidate.

She prefers them to be french and prepared to do all the work so I don't think he will make the cut.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

She prefers them to be french and prepared to do all the work so I don't think he will make the cut.

I also doubt he's up to knocking up any entrant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kris Cringle said:

Yes, I gave you our critique in an email, Dylan, after the Tay uploads. To repeat: We're glad to find the narrated versions now on your website. Whoever thought you should nix your narration, is a poor judge of your work. 

We miss the music, (my wife especially loved the music you added), but I understand why you did so, after your letter. 

You're still the best sailing videos on the planet. Thank god you and Jill don't do one of these reality style sailing vlogs. :)

What he said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LB 15 said:

She prefers them to be french and prepared to do all the work so I don't think he will make the cut.

Can you imagine that? The two of them staring at each other wondering who is going to get up and fix something, cook something, trim a sail?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ajax said:
10 hours ago, LB 15 said:

She prefers them to be french and prepared to do all the work so I don't think he will make the cut.

Can you imagine that? The two of them staring at each other wondering who is going to get up and fix something, cook something, trim a sail?

I'd watch a few episodes of that. For free, of course.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chester said:

didn't lizbeff tearfully pull the plug and scurry back to blighty?

Yes but she has cleansed herself by making some teary videos, penned a few self serving stories about her heart break and done a few more crappy, wofty drawings and she is back on her shit box, already to beg for people to pay for the next part of her ‘journey ‘. She should lose 20 Kilos, get those stupid tats removed and get a fucking job. She demonstrates the worst of these sponging attention seeking ‘free spirits’ who think they are special. She is nothing but a fat, unemployed, talentless emotional basket case. But as train smashes go she is fun to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. We should go over and help her look.  Duh. 

 

Edit: n/m video seems to be just some guy sitting there yakking at the camera.  False advertising!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For real laffs, watch 'till you comprehend that he's got a detachable rudder blade - there is a 4" (or so) circle welded to the top of the blade, which thru bolts to a matching circle on the bottom of the rudder post just below the hull. So all side loads are held by 4 3/8" (?) bolts!! And the upper flange is visibly bent from partial failure .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As my one and only comment in this thread...I refuse to spend time watching nubile young people sail expensive boats that other people pay them to cruise around.  If I don't know them, personally, then I'm really not that interested in how cute she is in a bikini.

I *might* watch a few episodes of sailing around Scotland. Maybe.  ----but probably not. Well.....I'll think about it.

There, now I've added my one post to the ninety-something pages of this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kay... so shear pins on the rudder stock.  Could be a good deal. (like the Sailomat aux rudder). But then oughtn't one have some kind of keeper to retain the sheared-off rudder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 9:40 PM, Kris Cringle said:

Yes, I gave you our critique in an email, Dylan, after the Tay uploads. To repeat: We're glad to find the narrated versions now on your website. Whoever thought you should nix your narration, is a poor judge of your work. 

We miss the music, (my wife especially loved the music you added), but I understand why you did so, after your letter. 

You're still the best sailing videos on the planet. Thank god you and Jill don't do one of these reality style sailing vlogs. :)

thanks for that KC

For those who are not following as closely  I have not only dumped the music (deepest apologies to Mrs KC) but also the voice overs as well - but only from the  youtube versions of the films.  I have also removed nearly all the other films from youtube listings .  -  although they are still all available via links on my website.  This allows me to "curate" the films  -  rather than leaving it up to the vicissitudes of the  youtube algorithm  to decide what people should watch next.

The result of this is that website traffic has gone up threefold, taps have held steadyish and there are a few new names I have never come across before posting comments on the website. Total youtube hits per day have plunged from around 4,000 a day to around 1,000 - but then I was earning nothing at all from the youtube hits.

I have discovered that people are more likely to re-watch the films without  the added prose -

It is an interesting experiment  with, so far, few downsides - apart from those old blokes watching via a smart TV youtube app.

 

Dylan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone posted this guys work? Most cruising videologs make me want to tear my eyes out and despair at ever going cruising, but I like this guys self sufficiency and phlegmatic attitude. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, dylan winter said:

girl in bikini loses rudder

 

My eyeballs are getting tired.

Thought you wrote "Girl in bikini loses udder"

- Stumbling

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2019 at 8:13 AM, dylan winter said:

girl in bikini loses rudder

 

She compliments him for his ‘redneck ingenuity ‘ I don’t think it will be long before they will have to haul out to replace the whole dodgy rudder system!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thumbnail shows me everything I want to see. No point in clicking on the video. These people will slowly put themselves out of business.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ajax said:

The thumbnail shows me everything I want to see. No point in clicking on the video. These people will slowly put themselves out of business.

I think that all journalistic formats  have a limited life expectancy

any operation in an over crowded market will seek to lever its assets and promote itself in the most effective way possible

Dylan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dylan winter said:

I think that all journalistic formats  have a limited life expectancy

any operation in an over crowded market will seek to lever its assets and promote itself in the most effective way possible

Dylan

 

The assets shown in the thumbs are actually cantilevered rather well, though Gecko's seem a bit more crowded. But I am sure you are right about leverage and self-promotion. Its what you have to do when you are not really making videos about actual sailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jim in Halifax said:

The assets shown in the thumbs are actually cantilevered rather well, though Gecko's seem a bit more crowded. But I am sure you are right about leverage and self-promotion. Its what you have to do when you are not really making videos about actual sailing.

I think that they are lifestyle gurus rather than sailing legends

but goodonem both

they are a fine pair

 

D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dylan winter said:

I think that they are lifestyle gurus rather than sailing legends

but goodonem both

they are a fine pair

 

D

The Doodles girl seems to have a fine pair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

The Doodles girl seems to have a fine pair.

perhaps they were made in the same factory as "brows

D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

The Doodles girl seems to have a fine pair.

she's as smart as a brick..........but yes, great lung capacity. Wonder how much they cost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks like it could be an interesting channel. No bikinis or even an engine.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to get a bikini... Those are some serious views....!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really admire this guy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjbnS2PJDbVxyF0foCil6oQ

I started following him a couple of years ago. He was working on his boat in the middle of a small woodland in France. He lifted the boat off her keel using a lattice frame work made up of trees.. his recent Atlantic crossing got up to a million views and he's a great sailor. 

In the last few months his videos and channel have taken off

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do watch the Sailing Frenchman. His production quality may not be perfect, but he is unpretentious, skilled, competent and a good story teller.

He comes across as an ordinary fellow that you'd really enjoy a beer with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never been able to get into this couple, though they are popular. They seem sweet and genuine, but not that interesting. I decided to give them another chance and the episode I chose made me scratch my head. No need to watch it all, I'll summarize. They explain why they went without lifelines, and they explain here that they were waiting to install a full stainless steel railing they could "trust", rather than fixing the lifelines. So they sailed around the Caribbean for years without them waiting for ones they thought would work better, trying to get quotes on stainless steel. Confusing enough.

Maybe I am just being a safety nudge, but what really had me perplexed was these two parts. . @10:50 they explain that they didn't really need lifelines because they knew their boat, and how to hold on, and would clip in when they needed to. OK. But then @14:50 they cut to both of them standing on the deck, holding nothing,  wing on wing with the autopilot - what looks to me like one accidental jibe from a really fucked up day.

 

All in all though, the video wasn't bad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But they got the shot. Priorities, man.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoyed their build series a few years ago. 

They plan to head to iceland, that will be cool to see. 

I'm not sure i'm on board with all the electric engine driven boats on youtube though. Does anyone here have experience with electric engine in a boat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's interesting you mention the electric engine. The Uma video I watched right after this one was the Uma people interviewing a couple brand new youtubers discussing going electric. I was interested and looked at a video from each channel. Both videos I saw showed them not able to punch into the anchorage they were planning to in the time period they wanted because of weather. Then, they just had no idea what to do and shit hit the fan (for one of them, this was only part of their problem). It made the think, because they each cited the Pardeys sailing around the world without an engine as reasons they switched. But the Pardeys also had the seamanship to sail safely without a motor. These sailors are just starting out, and seemingly aren't doing the legwork or planning to get good enough to be safe. It seems that the electric just isn't a big enough crutch to carry them.

FWIW, I am not anti-electric. The opposite. I would likely convert before replacing my diesel. But I sailed for years without a motor, and I know that the electric would be enough to meet my needs. But I can't get behind someone just starting, with little or no sailing experience, out who rips out their diesel to go electric. That diesel may get them out of a jam that they aren't experienced enough to see coming.

Here are the two videos. Neither seem to have much of a clue what they are doing. So understandably, the engine is just a piece of this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

also, the boat that ran aground and was pounded so hard the floorboards came up, motor died, and they called a mayday decided they didn't need haul out after a quick visual inspection. jesus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sailing doodles is going from strength to strength now that they have abandoned their two muts and replaced them with a "revitalised" wife and are going full innuendo

their patreon is now at 650 subs a week

https://www.patreon.com/sailingdoodles

 

60,000 views in three days - watch out brows and tache they are on your tails

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The girl he started the series with was cuter/hotter and natural. 

Image result for sailing doodles

Related image

 

Image result for sailing doodles

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, freewheelin said:

It's interesting you mention the electric engine. The Uma video I watched right after this one was the Uma people interviewing a couple brand new youtubers discussing going electric. I was interested and looked at a video from each channel. Both videos I saw showed them not able to punch into the anchorage they were planning to in the time period they wanted because of weather. Then, they just had no idea what to do and shit hit the fan (for one of them, this was only part of their problem). It made the think, because they each cited the Pardeys sailing around the world without an engine as reasons they switched. But the Pardeys also had the seamanship to sail safely without a motor. These sailors are just starting out, and seemingly aren't doing the legwork or planning to get good enough to be safe. It seems that the electric just isn't a big enough crutch to carry them.

FWIW, I am not anti-electric. The opposite. I would likely convert before replacing my diesel. But I sailed for years without a motor, and I know that the electric would be enough to meet my needs. But I can't get behind someone just starting, with little or no sailing experience, out who rips out their diesel to go electric. That diesel may get them out of a jam that they aren't experienced enough to see coming.

Here are the two videos. Neither seem to have much of a clue what they are doing. So understandably, the engine is just a piece of this.

 

the bottom video's Vlog should be called "Sailing on Uma's coattails" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2019 at 10:09 PM, dylan winter said:

Hard sailor

 

Thanks Dylan,

That was really interesting. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

Thanks Dylan,

That was really interesting. 

 

yep....like it much 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

Thanks Dylan,

That was really interesting. 

 

He is up to number 8, all really interesting from a technical point of view, plus a few others that seem to pop up from earlier times

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Way cool. This is the first one that has kept me past one episode.

I'm on episode 3 and smitten.

Edit: What I'd give for that box of NKE gear. Sigh.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MauiPunter said:

The girl he started the series with was cuter/hotter and natural. 

Image result for sailing doodles

Related image

 

Image result for sailing doodles

 

 

plus one to fucking that...and dogs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MauiPunter said:

The girl he started the series with was cuter/hotter and natural. 

Image result for sailing doodles

Related image

 

Image result for sailing doodles

 

 

he went from 2 smart blondes (the labradoodles) to a bimbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While directly opposite of the thread, in researching a planned trip through the NWP in few years and related to the Ovni 345 sinking last season I have been doing a lot of research on boats and ice. Obviously you don't need an ice rated boat if you get lucky for the NWP, and a DnV rating doesn't account for being crushed in ice flows but the speed and hits in this video make me cringe. I don't know if Bagheera has ice strengthening with at least an ice belt, but the production boats like Omni's/Garcia's/Boreal's do not...or my math on the scantlings is horribly wrong.  Aluminum and steel's failure mode may be better than FRP in this case but forward to ~2:50 for the "action". I don't think I would be going nearly that fast.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nirikki said:

While directly opposite of the thread,

This thread has kinda morphed into a general "cool" or "shity" sailing video thread.  So, its Ice Berg approved.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, nirikki said:

I don't know

I wouldn't worry. He's an Naval Architecht and designed the boat for those waters - I doubt he forgot to put a bit of extra steel on the waterline.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites