• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
dylan winter

Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

Not an immediate threat? Every time the boat drops off a wave that is where it lands. The laminate that fractured was nowhere near strong enough and they have not seen a storm yet.

what a wreck of a boat.....i've said it before...i worry for these people....

Are these the same people who ripped the bow out of their boat when their hired captain hit a bridge?

There are some seriously ignorant bozos out there if these are even close to average.

Are these the same people who ripped the bow out of their boat when their hired captain hit a bridge?

There are some seriously ignorant bozos out there if these are even close to average.

No. Different boat.

Different boat but the latest on these guys is another sobstory, something about the crane falling.

The Beneteau 55 family is taking a high-dollar, all-the-comforts-of-home approach to circumnavigating. They've put every possible convenience aboard and seem to spend >80% of their time in fancy marinas, NTTAWWT. So far, they've been able to avoid heavy weather and poor people. After 20 episodes the premise has worn thin. I'd really like to see the parents expose their kids to how the other 99.999% live but I'm not going to wait around to see if it happens.

Something again Sailing La Vagabonde business operations.

The other day I downloaded out of curiosity the sailing guide written by Riley of La Vagabonde. I was just curios to read what he really could tell about sailing. Well nothing in reality, the book is filled with nothing. The thing that happened, and it's a common way of doing business today on the internet, I started to receive all their advertising, inspirational emails, the gal's cooking book and other things for sale, all stuffed with blatant trivial pile of words. The pace is one email every two days.

I guess what's happening now is that the guy is sailing singlehanded and writing sailing books, and the girl plus a paid person (Alfred) are behind the infomercial and store.

With the quantity of followers and traffic, it must be a pretty lucrative business.

I am going to unsubscribe now but I just wanted to say Chapeu to the La Vagabonde empire.

Thank you to whomever shared the Sailing RAN series (the Swedish couple)! Myself and my girlfriend have been binging their films.

That was me. They are awesome! Great videos. Nice people. That guy is the real deal. Earlier in the 90s he sailed with a buddy of his from Sweden to Antarctica and back. Amazing journey.

Thank you to whomever shared the Sailing RAN series (the Swedish couple)! Myself and my girlfriend have been binging their films.

That was me. They are awesome! Great videos. Nice people. That guy is the real deal. Earlier in the 90s he sailed with a buddy of his from Sweden to Antarctica and back. Amazing journey.

It is good to see people getting lots of hits without waving their tits

this is their Patreon page

https://www.patreon.com/ransailing

Well she often doesn't wear a bra... not that I noticed. Neither of them are terrible on the eyes, he looks like he should be the next James Bond.

Something again Sailing La Vagabonde business operations.

The other day I downloaded out of curiosity the sailing guide written by Riley of La Vagabonde. I was just curios to read what he really could tell about sailing. Well nothing in reality, the book is filled with nothing. The thing that happened, and it's a common way of doing business today on the internet, I started to receive all their advertising, inspirational emails, the gal's cooking book and other things for sale, all stuffed with blatant trivial pile of words. The pace is one email every two days.

I guess what's happening now is that the guy is sailing singlehanded and writing sailing books, and the girl plus a paid person (Alfred) are behind the infomercial and store.

With the quantity of followers and traffic, it must be a pretty lucrative business.

I am going to unsubscribe now but I just wanted to say Chapeu to the La Vagabonde empire.

I didn't realise Chapeau meant "Now fuck off and waste someone else's time".

Shit box snapper

there is the bloke in the UK

when he is not working he sails a Bradwell 18 with anoutboard hanging off the back. He is slowly working his way north. He dumps the boat and then comes home to earn enough money for the next bit

goodonyasteveyates

Shit box snapper

there is the bloke in the UK

when he is not working he sails a Bradwell 18 with anoutboard hanging off the back. He is slowly working his way north. He dumps the boat and then comes home to earn enough money for the next bit

goodonyasteveyates

Very nice. Loved the music, no children masquerading as sailors. Wonder who the singer is?

yes he is

some of them he has overcranked for my taste but the framing is wonderful

and goo for him for making it and for grasping the adventure

he has only been sailing two years

just bought a shit box and off he went

a most admirable man

D

To quote Barry Sheene. I'm just here for the crumpet.

Do you expect to learn a lot about sailing from entertainment media? These sell because of the entertainment value, exotic locations, scantily clad stars, and some human interest.

You may love RAN, but there is not much about sailing technique. Sure Johan is good a fabricating, has an adventurous drive and is pretty smart. He also has a very cute girlfriend. La Vagabond pegs the meter on entertainment. There was a lot more about fixing boats in the beginning but they are all about looking good in far away places. Say Mermaid is likely gone since their production costs have skyrocketed and Vaga is getting a new boat free. Prism I like especially that they have done some good equipment reviews and man they put together a great trip in Baja. I'd sell everything to get a bunk on Karl. That is a great story and an incredibly strong woman. Sail Life needs to get the boat finished so he can go out a meet a girl. His dog will make a great chick magnet and hey he's got two boats. Never Monday is high on my chart for adding moto adventure to sailing and bikinis. Way to go there. Uma is loads of fun with the architect revision of their boat, I love that they painted all that old dimly lit wood for light colors. but man that architect needs an engineer to help with some of the mechanical things. I sure am glad he changed out that chain drive contraption before he left. Drake Paragon is great stuff and loads of fun. Delos was getting a little too pachouli smelling for my taste but the recent episodes around South Africa are very cool. Rick Moore and his crew of misfits all I can say is wow. Not sure whats going on there.

I want most all of them to stay, except that pompous beer drinking gun toting moron with the Husky in the tropics.

The youtube entertainment is bringing more people to sailing. This may be good or bad in your mind but it is having an effect and the population of participants is increasing. Hopefully people can learn that its not all just drinks and bikinis in the sun.

But for me these shows are a great way to burn some time and see some fantastic stories unfold.

To quote Barry Sheene. I'm just here for the crumpet.

Do you expect to learn a lot about sailing from entertainment media? These sell because of the entertainment value, exotic locations, scantily clad stars, and some human interest.

You may love RAN, but there is not much about sailing technique. Sure Johan is good a fabricating, has an adventurous drive and is pretty smart. He also has a very cute girlfriend. La Vagabond pegs the meter on entertainment. There was a lot more about fixing boats in the beginning but they are all about looking good in far away places. Say Mermaid is likely gone since their production costs have skyrocketed and Vaga is getting a new boat free. Prism I like especially that they have done some good equipment reviews and man they put together a great trip in Baja. I'd sell everything to get a bunk on Karl. That is a great story and an incredibly strong woman. Sail Life needs to get the boat finished so he can go out a meet a girl. His dog will make a great chick magnet and hey he's got two boats. Never Monday is high on my chart for adding moto adventure to sailing and bikinis. Way to go there. Uma is loads of fun with the architect revision of their boat, I love that they painted all that old dimly lit wood for light colors. but man that architect needs an engineer to help with some of the mechanical things. I sure am glad he changed out that chain drive contraption before he left. Drake Paragon is great stuff and loads of fun. Delos was getting a little too pachouli smelling for my taste but the recent episodes around South Africa are very cool. Rick Moore and his crew of misfits all I can say is wow. Not sure whats going on there.

I want most all of them to stay, except that pompous beer drinking gun toting moron with the Husky in the tropics.

The youtube entertainment is bringing more people to sailing. This may be good or bad in your mind but it is having an effect and the population of participants is increasing. Hopefully people can learn that its not all just drinks and bikinis in the sun.

But for me these shows are a great way to burn some time and see some fantastic stories unfold.

Don't for get the incredible production level of: Sea Change

then there is this work of genius

which is inspiring, clever brave and ticks all the boxes

Entirely agree on the Rev and his climbers. Our favourite sailing film . . . and there's hardly any sailing

Entirely agree on the Rev and his climbers. Our favourite sailing film . . . and there's hardly any sailing

more sailing in here than in La Vag

Yeah - I picked up a copy of his book last year. That was worth a read too.

IIRC Annie & Pete Hill were in Stanley, Falklands on BADGER when the Rev limped in with a broken mast after an attempt to cross Drake Passage.

FKT

well, LaVagabonde II is almost ready! Outremer 45 is a beautiful boat

what about Sailing into freedom? This guy know sailing, spearfishing, flying with parachute, fixing things. No tits, just lady with nice ass. I can watch his clips without sound.

This guy's videos are just too painfully bad to watch, after the nifty intro sequence. But... he did manage to pick up a girl in a bikini, in the middle of the Pacific, on his second or third stop.

http://sailingwithandy.com

I think I need to reexamine my lifestyle.

Launch of the new La Vagabond.

https://youtu.be/cyPc9NzEKTE

That cat should have been named 'darwins waiting room'

What the manufactures don't understand is that most people who follow that pair of attention whores will never be able to afford one.

And very dull vid.

The thing for Outremer to have done here would have been to create a new model specially for the LV people to promote. Something like 35ft with no frills would have been ideal. The target market should have been those who identify with these two - 25 to 40 y/o types with a limited budget. The Outremer 45 is the smallest one they make and squarely aimed at those with plenty to spend.

Fun for the LV couple but commercially dumb.

The thing for Outremer to have done here would have been to create a new model specially for the LV people to promote. Something like 35ft with no frills would have been ideal. The target market should have been those who identify with these two - 25 to 40 y/o types with a limited budget. The Outremer 45 is the smallest one they make and squarely aimed at those with plenty to spend.

Fun for the LV couple but commercially dumb.

naaa - even rich old blokes like looking at nice girls on nice foredecks wearing nice bikinis while emoting at dolphins

I think it is spot on. Good on the cat people, good on the bikini girl

I have a shit box up for grabs if anyone fancies making films in a cold place

D

Can't agree Dylan.

There is a world of difference between enjoying some lovely little titties on Youtube and plonking down around $1,200,000 on a new Outremer. That price is my guess for a fully kitted out sail away Outremer 45 not the ex factory price but I could be wrong. I think Lifebuoy is right in that the people who watch their vids are not the people with $1m plus to spend on a boat. The Outremer 45 is not aimed at entry level sailors but rather at sailors with a few years of smaller boat ownership who want something big enough to fit the whole family.

I really doubt that very many LV fans are within Outremer's target buyer profile.

Can't agree Dylan.

There is a world of difference between enjoying some lovely little titties on Youtube and plonking down around $1,200,000 on a new Outremer. That price is my guess for a fully kitted out sail away Outremer 45 not the ex factory price but I could be wrong. I think Lifebuoy is right in that the people who watch their vids are not the people with $1m plus to spend on a boat.

I really doubt that very many LV fans are within Outremer's target buyer profile.

but they only need five potential buyers to make the excercise worth it for the cat people. Type in the name of the boat into the google search engine and google will deliver the la vagina film to the top of the list - a good investment for the loan of a boat for one year for the cat company.

This will be hard to beleive but at one time building and sailing west mersea duck punts was a minority interest

then one of my blokes did this with photoshop

DunkpuntwithmodelA.jpg

DuckPuntwithModelB.jpg

now they are being built in the hundreds of thousands and easily outnumber the PD racers - Donald trump says so and therefore it must be true

If they could sell 5 more 45s than in 2016 then the whole exercise would indeed be worthwhile but so far I just don't see that happening.

Their vids will become just shameless plugs for the company now. Even more inane than they have been before. As I said before I do get people knocking on the door of my sailing school inspired by the moustached moron and his Mono- browed GF, but none of them have that kind of Bucks. They are more your Sea Shepard T-shirt owning types that think they can buy a Ex charter Ben 50 for 30k then sail it home to Aus and selling it for 10 times what they paid for it. On the way they will live on the fish they catch and rainwater.

To convince them otherwise is hard because they saw it on Youtube.

I now give them Bent Swains email address.

There is a world of difference between enjoying some lovely little titties on Youtube and plonking down around $1,200,000 on a new Outremer. That price is my guess for a fully kitted out sail away Outremer 45 not the ex factory price but I could be wrong.

You are wrong. Off by about 50%. But if you use currency exchange rates you can likely justify your uniformed comment somehow.

As I said before I do get people knocking on the door of my sailing school inspired by the moustached moron and his Mono- browed GF, but none of them have that kind of Bucks. They are more your Sea Shepard T-shirt owning types that think they can buy a Ex charter Ben 50 for 30k then sail it home to Aus and selling it for 10 times what they paid for it. On the way they will live on the fish they catch and rainwater. To convince them otherwise is hard because they saw it on Youtube.

Perhaps that is because only idiots go to a school run by an idiot has been that never was?

Their vids will become just shameless plugs for the company now. Even more inane than they have been before. As I said before I do get people knocking on the door of my sailing school inspired by the moustached moron and his Mono- browed GF, but none of them have that kind of Bucks. They are more your Sea Shepard T-shirt owning types that think they can buy a Ex charter Ben 50 for 30k then sail it home to Aus and selling it for 10 times what they paid for it. On the way they will live on the fish they catch and rainwater.

To convince them otherwise is hard because they saw it on Youtube.

I now give them Bent Swains email address.

mono brow, mono brow... never noticed.

I am going to defend them now

first of all they look great

there is no wind on their microphones

somehow they edit and upload a film a week - it is all well sound mixed and colour balanced

their editing is done on laptops in hot sunny cabins when they would rather be in a bar or on a beach

then they have to upload the films - each one is probably 1.5 gigs - that is a lot of bandwidth to find in an exotic place

their work ethic is amazing and their camera skills are good - not brilliant but good

they spend too long cavorting and mooning at the camera for my liking

but they have got a free boat for a year and are earning $9,000 a week

a month ago it was closer to $7,000

They know that there is a market for what they do - some of the comments from the blokes talking about freeze framing and masturbating in front of the telly are pretty unpleasant.

As an old TV hack the gear needed to make stuff filmed outside cost a bloody fortune. I used to drive around in a van with a quarter of a million squids worth of rented gear and the cameras were not as good as the ones they have and I have now.

the films then had to go through a two week edit in a suite costing £300 a day to rent - and the final audio mixing - another half day per half hour - another £400 gone.

This should be a golden age of travelling videos - and there are some crackers out there

but the market is for tits and cavorting

it is not their fault that the market is the way it is - it is us sailors and voyeurs who are to blame.

I used to sell DVD films - I had paid for the music.

Now that there is no market for DVDs I have been re-digitising them and uploading them to youtube

Within seconds of them going up I get these in my inbox

google-grab.jpg

grabbed-2.jpg

grabbed-3.jpg

one bloke said google is like a cuckoo getting between the creator and the viewer and skimming off all the ad revenue

I am in awe of the organisation

- do no evil..... my arse

I wonder why there are so many haters for the people that have figured out a way to have their vacations / life adventures paid for in part by other dreamers. It is amusing that their skills and what they produce as entertainment media is mocked yet they are out there getting paid to have an adventure while several of the mockers live their lives dispensing their version of the truth on the internet and talking about their unverifiable glory days of the past.

To state that the La Vega crew are physically unattractive is delusional and the fact that they use their good looks to assist their brand makes it like so many other entertainment media sources TV, movies and advertising.

The fact that some of these folks are getting sponsored by legitimate companies only goes to show the growing viability of personally produced media, mass marketed on the internet. The very success of some of these crews is what gets others believing that they could also do it. Inevitably some efforts will be reasonable some will be trash just like TV shows.

If the larger sponsors don’t get some return on their investment they will very shortly pull the support that is how the marketing industry works. If you don’t like this type of entertainment media then simply don’t watch it, problem solved.

I completely agree with you

and if she is happy to have randy blokes gronking off over her image... why not

they are showcasing young people enjoying sailing

young people enjoying sailing is great

we need young people to buy our boats when our knees pack up

they reach 250,000 people a week - maybe more

excellent.

Tits have always been good marketing tools

I wonder why there are so many haters for the people that have figured out a way to have their vacations / life adventures paid for in part by other dreamers. It is amusing that their skills and what they produce as entertainment media is mocked yet they are out there getting paid to have an adventure while several of the mockers live their lives dispensing their version of the truth on the internet and talking about their unverifiable glory days of the past.

To state that the La Vega crew are physically unattractive is delusional and the fact that they use their good looks to assist their brand makes it like so many other entertainment media sources TV, movies and advertising.

The fact that some of these folks are getting sponsored by legitimate companies only goes to show the growing viability of personally produced media, mass marketed on the internet. The very success of some of these crews is what gets others believing that they could also do it. Inevitably some efforts will be reasonable some will be trash just like TV shows.

If the larger sponsors don’t get some return on their investment they will very shortly pull the support that is how the marketing industry works. If you don’t like this type of entertainment media then simply don’t watch it, problem solved.

+1

I think that outremer is a bit underrated, good for them if they can get their brand out there through you tube.

There is a world of difference between enjoying some lovely little titties on Youtube and plonking down around $1,200,000 on a new Outremer. That price is my guess for a fully kitted out sail away Outremer 45 not the ex factory price but I could be wrong.

You are wrong. Off by about 50%. But if you use currency exchange rates you can likely justify your uniformed comment somehow.

As I said before I do get people knocking on the door of my sailing school inspired by the moustached moron and his Mono- browed GF, but none of them have that kind of Bucks. They are more your Sea Shepard T-shirt owning types that think they can buy a Ex charter Ben 50 for 30k then sail it home to Aus and selling it for 10 times what they paid for it. On the way they will live on the fish they catch and rainwater. To convince them otherwise is hard because they saw it on Youtube.

Perhaps that is because only idiots go to a school run by an idiot has been that never was?

So a new Outremer 45 is $600K US? This used 2014 model at that price must be grossly overvalued? http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/94F9/production/_94273183_hi037826759.jpg

Breakfast cereal been polluted again, I see.

I like how he managed his crossing always on the safe side but also quite efficient.

I am not sure that I would have left so late. Had he left at noon, he would have maximised his sailing in daylight and would have arrived by day. May be he had earlier commitments though.

@Dylan, I don't think that he sees it as a real commercial gig!

I'm not re-living any glory days of the past, I'm living on my boat NOW, sailing about in the world.

I don't watch these types of videos. Can't watch really; living the lifestyle myself I've found roughly 99% of them to be painfully insipid and the rest I don't find interesting. I'm not a hater, I'm a realist since I AM there and I'm DOING that, and I struggle with respecting some of these folks.

I can't speak to the Vagabonde folks specifically. But I have attempted to watch more than a few of these videos that have been linked here. Yeah, the people are photogenic and the bikinis are nice, albeit some are worn at impractical times (doing engine work? Are you insane? Do you know how many scars I have from working in my engine room and you're in there in a bikini??). But the thing I've seen in so many of them is the sheer cluelessness of the actors.

I get the dreamy cruising thing. Hell, we dreamed and we did it. Of course, we did it by saving money and spending years building skills - both spending time on the water and getting education (mine was in boat maintenance skills at a vo-tech, not 'learn to sail') and learning our boat. We didn't set out on some half baked "Let's go buy a boat and learn to sail on the way to paradise while we pay for it with videos" adventure that a 20-something couple dreamed up two months after they met.

Besides being too old and fat for that myself (and my wife won't let me film her in a bikini even though she still fits in stuff she wore when we met in college), it seems rather reckless. So I'm not surprised when I've started seeing some of these boat getting smashed up or put on easily avoidable reefs, crews falling apart, etc. It's what I expected to see from some of it since so many of these folks seem so unprepared.

So the criticism is fundamentally this:

In theory one can buy a boat and sail off with few skills and not die, and if one can rock a bikini and edit film maybe pay for it. But in practice, the bulk of the people that are "living the dream" are a tad more methodical in their methods. Most of the people we've met out cruising are NOT photogenic 20-somethings partying hard in every anchorage. On the whole we're an older (and when I say "older" realize that at 50 I'm one of the "younger" cruisers out there) and more sedate set who've tended to reach a more financially secure point in life. But so many of these Vloggers seem more like Reality TV than real cruising. Big Brother meets Gilligan's Island. Maybe I'm wrong, and I should watch past my point of irritation on these things (which is pretty short...) and there is something more substantial on there.

And the other rant is the "how to lectures" from some of these ninnies. "How to buy a boat" lessons from people that are buying their first boat. Really? Do they think they know what they are doing? In one video I don't think either member of the couple had sailed offshore a single night and they're looking at fifty footers, and are planning to buy something way past their skills. I've bought four keel boats in my life and I think I might feel about comfortable tackling that topic. Never mind some of the sage bits about "liveaboard necessities" and so on. I know they need to find content to make into a video to keep the money treadmill going, but come on, actually gather some expertise before you pontificate about how to provision for a natural vegan lifestyle while wearing a bikini to a straw market.

Hey, dreaming is great and if you can make it a reality that is awesome. We did it. But...creating legions of hapless followers with no real expectations for the practical reality of what cruising full time on a boat really is isn't really providing a lot of value in my curmudgeonly book. The various message boards on Facebook, /r/sailing, etc. are jammed full of newbie sailors trying to pick out their first "cruise ready" fifty footer that they can sail to someplace warm the day after they close on it. I suspect these videos are helping swell those numbers.

In my case I think you are mis-characterizing my disdain for these types of videos.

We have talked about this cupcake. You will need to do better than that.

I know they need to find content to make into a video to keep the money treadmill going, but come on, actually gather some expertise before you pontificate about how to provision for a natural vegan lifestyle while wearing a bikini to a straw market.

In my case I think you are mis-characterizing my disdain for these types of videos.

Hah - friends of mine, he 62, she 43, adopted the 'raw vegan' lifestyle. Her decision. I just nodded.

It didn't survive their first trip to the west coast of Tasmania. Not a lot of places to resupply, you see. They decided that my offer of a pressure cooker as a boat-warming present was a good choice after all.

I don't hate those people making the tits & boats videos either. I think they're somewhere between vapid and highly misleading, but the tits are nice to look at, I don't take them seriously and I don't give them any money, so where's the downside? Disdain is a pretty fair comment.

Quotes are a bit boogered - sorry about that. I'm too dim to figure out how to fix it.

FKT

So a new Outremer 45 is $600K US? This used 2014 model at that price must be grossly overvalued? http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/94F9/production/_94273183_hi037826759.jpg

These kind of boats which are hard to find on the second hand market don't depreciate as much as more ordinary boats.

These kind of boats which are hard to find on the second hand market don't depreciate as much as more ordinary boats.

So if it's $750K USD FOB delivered new, that's about $1 Million in Aussiebucks, which I think is the language Lifebouy speaks in. Not so far off.

I know they need to find content to make into a video to keep the money treadmill going, but come on, actually gather some expertise before you pontificate about how to provision for a natural vegan lifestyle while wearing a bikini to a straw market.

Hah - friends of mine, he 62, she 43, adopted the 'raw vegan' lifestyle. Her decision. I just nodded.

It didn't survive their first trip to the west coast of Tasmania. Not a lot of places to resupply, you see. They decided that my offer of a pressure cooker as a boat-warming present was a good choice after all.

I don't hate those people making the tits & boats videos either. I think they're somewhere between vapid and highly misleading, but the tits are nice to look at, I don't take them seriously and I don't give them any money, so where's the downside? Disdain is a pretty fair comment.

Quotes are a bit boogered - sorry about that. I'm too dim to figure out how to fix it.

FKT

I had to chuckle because somewhere in the past year or two I stumbled on a young lass who'd moved to Grenada to be near her SO when he went to school there. So she was hanging around a part of Grenada I knew reasonably well (southern end around Prickly Bay), and we got chatting about her frustrations there.

One trouble she expressed was that she could not find almond milk and other similar products. Umm...yeah, you are in Grenada. How many ironic beards and Trilby hats do you see around you? They don't really sell that sort of stuff in the markets there...and if they do, it's insanely expensive. But that's a really big "if".

Dietary adjustments are a must...

So if it's $750K USD FOB delivered new, that's about $1 Million in Aussiebucks, which I think is the language Lifebouy speaks in. Not so far off.

Savoir was talking about 1.2 million USD, which is 1.13 million Euros, grossly inflated IMHO.

I am sure that these boats don't loose half their value in 3 years and there is a 2.5 years old one for 565k Euros including VAT : http://www.catamaran-outremer.com/fr/occasions

So let's say that the boat new is worth 800k€ inc VAT, that's 660k€ without VAT if you live outside Europe. Not far off from the 50% claim.

Which nevertheless is still about 10 times what your typical La Vag acolyte can afford. BTW have you ever spoken to bent sailor? You would get on well I suspect. He is a argumentative pedant as well.

And your evidence is . . . . . . . ?

i reckon a new Outremer 45 delivered to the broker's dock in 2017 and including taxes would be around USD 1 million. Prove me wrong.

i reckon a new Outremer 45 delivered to the broker's dock in 2017 and including taxes would be around USD 1 million. Prove me wrong.

They sell them right down the end of Rozelle Bay, but I'm guessing if I popped in they might be a bit squirrelly about giving me a price.

Which nevertheless is still about 10 times what your typical La Vag acolyte can afford. BTW have you ever spoken to bent sailor? You would get on well I suspect. He is a argumentative pedant as well.

Agreed, that's an expensive boat, still a lot of money, a lot more than what mere mortals can afford, but not a million which is an extravagant price for a "family" cruising boat.

Dear ole boy, I can offer you arguments in my clinic if you are in need : http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=173421

They sell them right down the end of Rozelle Bay, but I'm guessing if I popped in they might be a bit squirrelly about giving me a price.

Got any pink shorts left ? That and an old Bermuda race t shirt should do it.

And here I was thinking you were asking for evidence of me being an idiot. It's not hard to find that on here...

I'll leave you girls to your fight but can comment that as I am carefully considering purchase of a new Outremer 45 and having a quote for same, its significantly less than $1MM USD all in. And that $1.2MM price you originally mentioned would still be 20% more than the $1MM you now back peddled to. Anyway its a very nice boat for the price and heaven forbid I occasionally enjoy watching a La Vagabonde video (as well as a few others mentioned in this thread). Oh and its FOB France. That's the way these things work. If you gotta pay somebody another $400K to get it home you are both missing the fun of picking up a boat in the Med, and the enjoyment and/or ability to sail it home.

And had a laugh at Ish posting a pic of the dismasted Clipper monohull as an Outremer.

You guys ain't much for facts around here are you?! :unsure:

I'll leave you girls to your fight but can comment that as I am carefully considering purchase of a new Outremer 45 and having a quote for same, its significantly less than $1MM USD all in. And that $1.2MM price you originally mentioned would still be 20% more than the $1MM you now back peddled to. Anyway its a very nice boat for the price and heaven forbid I occasionally enjoy watching a La Vagabonde video (as well as a few others mentioned in this thread). Oh and its FOB France. That's the way these things work. If you gotta pay somebody another $400K to get it home you are both missing the fun of picking up a boat in the Med, and the enjoyment and/or ability to sail it home.

And had a laugh at Ish posting a pic of the dismasted Clipper monohull as an Outremer.

You guys ain't much for facts around here are you?! :unsure:

Got a link for that, Wess?

You got me, but it was a slip of the cut and paste finger...http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/category/type/Outremer/45

I gathered it was a cut/paste error. Just funnin' with you. ;) The other guy at 1 or 1.2 is just a kook.

We are watching the space so aware of the boat. Recall it being very very well equipped (maybe too well if you value performance over gracious living) and I would guess in the high 7s / low 8s new. Guessing it sells in the mid/upper 5s. Could be a good deal for somebody properly positioned.

Bit of a buyers market though the offerings are a maybe somewhat monochromatic.

Little Boy Buoy, I am so sorry that people realize they don't need to pay you to waste their time and teach them nothing of value when they see the vagablond cuties go sailing longer and further than you ever did or even dreamed.

Little Boy Buoy, I am so sorry that people realize they don't need to pay you to waste their time and teach them nothing of value when they see the vagablond cuties go sailing longer and further than you ever did or even dreamed.

Nope. missed again. But tell your GF I said hi.

To state that the La Vega crew are physically unattractive is delusional

Never said she wasn't a cutie. But if you are attracted to both of them, well TINWWT,

The joke is not on them it is on the morons that give them money. And as you have admitted, it costs you nothing to freeze frame and bop your baloney. In fact you get twice the opportunity that most wankers people do.

Never said she wasn't a cutie. But if you are attracted to both of them, well TINWWT,

The joke is not on them it is on the morons that give them money. And as you have admitted, it costs you nothing to freeze frame and bop your baloney. In fact you get twice the opportunity that most wankers people do.

You did call her a mono brow which is decidedly unflattering. In addition, I don't believe that I admitted anything or stating I was attracted to them, simply that good looks are valuable in a brand marketing. So nice fabrication keyboard warrior.

You did call her a mono brow which is decidedly unflattering. In addition, I don't believe that I admitted anything or stating I was attracted to them, simply that good looks are valuable in a brand marketing. So nice fabrication keyboard warrior.

I don't believe that I admitted anything or stating I was attracted to them.

You must be delusional then. I on the other hand may well find thick eyebrows attractive.(provided of course that any other thick body hair has been tended to in an appropriate manner). I think you might have to harden up a tad if you are going to enjoy this place princess. What you do with your money is your business, but giving it to them makes you a moron.

'Keyboard warrier'? Girlfriend the correct insult here is to tell me to 'go eat a bag of dicks'.

Since you are a noobie I will cut you some slack. Now about those pics of your girl friends eyebrows tits..

Every time I read the title to this thread, I see the words "hot" and "girl" in the same sentence and get all confused. I have no interest in this thread, but putting those two words together pull me in every time.

Every time I read the title to this thread, I see the words "hot" and "girl" in the same sentence and get all confused. I have no interest in this thread, but putting those two words together pull me in every time.

Jammer Six has a point here. I struggle myself a little bit with sailing movies. I don't think I ever watched an episode of any youtube series in his entirety. I am a fast forward guy in this case. Yet I come back to this thread. I tried myself to make movies of my own sailing but I gave up because it's hard work but also because of lack of skills or interest, or both. I don't like to reiterate things I don't like to watch myself, and at the moment I have no great ideas on how to change this. There is something very limited in film making from the perspective of a boat.

There are very few sailing movies I find entertaining, and it's usually a single episode rather than a series. Yet I come back here every time. At first because I still had an interest in making my own movies, and when that faded to scout on most recent ways people use for supporting their sailing adventures. It seems that almost everyone who start sailing today make movies, probably because the technology allows anybody to point a camera and edit a movie. It may also be true that anybody who start anything today will shoot a movie about it and put it on youtube. I am also amused by the venomous comments over the "Endless digital forest of mediocrity" (A.Keen) that digital media brings up. And this place is a particularly venomous one.

What lure you in watching minutes or even hours of self produced sailing movies?

Is it because sailing is a niche and it's not much represented elsewhere in the mainstream media productions?

Do you favor story (interesting boat or destination, or crew or all of the above) over storytelling ( a talented storyteller can make a boat that never leaves the marina a compelling story)?

Do you look for information over sailing grounds or boat work and maintenance?

How important are the tits and the lifestyle? Is sipping cocktails on tropical beaches or shovel snow in the arctic more interesting than the Chesapeake Bay for instance?