dylan winter

Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, olaf hart said:

How not to set a balloon sail.

I will never swear at my assy in a sock, never again....

https://youtu.be/QfnezyWsp4Q

That was excruciating. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My uncle’s auto restoration shop was destroyed in an explosion apparently caused by unsafe cutting gas practices in another shop in Houston this week. Several people in the other shop killed. Hundreds of residents of local dwellings displaced. People need to not screw around and not cry wolf. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, sshow bob said:

My uncle’s auto restoration shop was destroyed in an explosion apparently caused by unsafe cutting gas practices in another shop in Houston this week. Several people in the other shop killed. Hundreds of residents of local dwellings displaced. People need to not screw around and not cry wolf. 

 

FWIW that was a propylene explosion, not acetylene.  Propylene is thought to be safer, as mentioned upthread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair enough but it didn’t prove safe enough. Barb aimed at unsafe vloggers not present company. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, olaf hart said:

How not to set a balloon sail.

I will never swear at my assy in a sock, never again....

https://youtu.be/QfnezyWsp4Q

these are at least the second youtubers I have seen that bought an old Amel in the wake of delos - as if the boat is the reason for their success

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, freewheelin said:

these are at least the second youtubers I have seen that bought an old Amel in the wake of delos - as if the boat is the reason for their success

I would say an Amel is a very good choice for cruising vloggers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2020 at 1:31 PM, Cristoforo said:

I would say an Amel is a very good choice for cruising vloggers.

since I started making films about Centaurs the market for elderly centaurs is astonishingly strong and one Marina has set up a  business buying up dead ones, refurbing them and putting them back on the market looking all lovely and shiny.

 

It is quite odd to go down there and see five or six in a line -  looking as lovely and desirable as only blocky old, slab sided  twin keelers know how to look.

https://uk.boats.com/sailing-boats/1977-westerly-centaur-26-6917825/

D

 

PS sold both of mine - now back in the trailer sailer

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dylan winter said:

since I started making films about Centaurs the market for elderly centaurs is astonishingly strong and one Marina has set up a  business buying up dead ones, refurbing them and putting them back on the market looking all lovely and shiny.

 

It is quite odd to go down there and see five or six in a line -  looking as lovely and desirable as only blocky old, slab sided  twin keelers know how to look.

https://uk.boats.com/sailing-boats/1977-westerly-centaur-26-6917825/

D

 

PS sold both of mine - now back in the trailer sailer

 

 

Impressive value today for 50 year old, 26'  glass boats.

 

The value of 50+ year old glass production boats in the 26' range is pretty dismal here in New England. Centaurs also have inboard diesels. If they need a re-power, what are they getting? 

 

When under 30', 50 year old production boats around here need a re-power, that can be a death sentence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, dylan winter said:

since I started making films about Centaurs the market for elderly centaurs is astonishingly strong and one Marina has set up a  business buying up dead ones, refurbing them and putting them back on the market looking all lovely and shiny.

 

It is quite odd to go down there and see five or six in a line -  looking as lovely and desirable as only blocky old, slab sided  twin keelers know how to look.

https://uk.boats.com/sailing-boats/1977-westerly-centaur-26-6917825/

D

 

PS sold both of mine - now back in the trailer sailer

 

Do you think that your films are partially responsible or do you think it's coincidence? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kris Cringle said:

When under 30', 50 year old production boats around here need a re-power, that can be a death sentence. 

 

Most of the under 30', 50 year old production boats in my area either have outboards or an Atomic 4.  The diesel sailboat auxiliary was unusual in 1970 at least in the LOTF/RBA.

Atomic 4s tend to be a death sentence even if a repower isn't strictly necessary, because of the trouble and expense involved in making the (gasoline) fuel system reliable, free of leaks, and otherwise safe.  I've never been on a boat that had one but by all reports they are, when properly maintained, excellent auxiliaries in all regards except fuel economy.  They are quieter and smoother than diesels of the same size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Student_Driver said:

Now we have below deck “sailing”. Big Perini Navi. 

I have to admit I watch Below Deck.  One of my guilty pleasures because its on a boat.  Now that they have added sailing, I'm in Barney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2020 at 5:12 PM, Beer fueled Mayhem said:

This is my buddy Alan's YouTube video.  His son made it from all the old film accumulated while doing this trip (all Super 8 I think).  The guys on the boat are/were all engineers of one sort or another and worked with my dad at Fermi Lab in Chicago.  Alan also helped make one of the lunar landers and put a message on it. Damn if I can remember WTF he wrote.  Alan was navigator on Cheetah which won their division in the 1985 Swiftsure.

This video is from the early 60s and while there isn't a ton of sailing, I think there might be a bit of historical content.   There are six parts.  I marvel at how they used a bridge in Florida to raise the mast.  

I would give my left nut to go back and experience the Bahamas/Caribbean in that era. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ajax said:

Do you think that your films are partially responsible or do you think it's coincidence? 

of course no-one knows

They were very popular boats there are lots around

I do show in the films how tough they are

One with a bad engine is  still worth around 3K

one with a  good  engine is worth about 9K.

There are very similar boats around - Macwesters and they are worth about half as much.

My guess is that the majority of centaur buyers have a look at the web and my films wojuld certainly pop up

I know that I am influenced by the films I see on the web.

My high hitting films have had 60,000 views - about half from the UK....

certainly before buying a car I havea good  look around the youtube films which is  how  I have  ended up driving one of these

image.png.31d28d380d56be0b96160ac9ecc62616.png

 

and using one of these as the main engine on the 22 footer

image.thumb.png.cfb4685038b6aa2572fb01f4b2fc4f03.png

 

 

 although I use the electric most of the time I still have a long shaft petrol outboard sleeping in the locker for emeregencies

but I have not used it (apart from the occcasional firing up for a check ) for  a year now.   I sail in a different way.

I am now thinking about an electric fisher - also with a 6hp outboard as a back up slumbering in the locker.

Dylan

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Ajax said:

@dylan winter Did the Torqueedo die?  I must have missed that.

I killed two props and three fins bashing it on the bottom when using it in the dinghy

 

so I bought a 50lb thrust 12 volt trolling motor for the dinghy  (£150)

that was marvelous, I did use it in the 22 footer  - excellent but not quite enough poke to beat our tides

 

so I bought a 100 lb thrust 24 volt bison for £199.

for me it is the bees knees

I do not worry about bashing it on the bottom, it is quieter than the torqueedo, more range, I can move the leg up and down...

It will shove the trailer sailer through the water at four knots for an hour or more on one battery

In geneeral on the estuary here I only run the engine for ten minutes or so  and that at a quarter power. 

 

- the bttery and outboard stay on board and one charge might last me  ten  or more outings

 

I also run the outboard at low revs on those quiet ghosting days for getting that extra push for going around bends.

 

Motorsailing is now a peaceful pleasure.

all round... I am v happy with the bisons so the torqueedo is now seldom used.

I see a lot more birds than I used to

I still keep a petrol long shaft on the boat plus a can of petrol.  The petrol will noisily push past any wind and tide the estuary can dream up but for 99 per cent of the time the 6hp long shaft is noisy overkill.

 

I am thinking about how to get electric propulsion for the fisher....

maybe a pair of bisons on an outboard bracket

 

D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dylan winter said:

I am thinking about how to get electric propulsion for the fisher....

maybe a pair of bisons on an outboard bracket

 

D

Judging by your successful e-bike conversion you will come up with something. I would think on a Fisher that inboard electric would be more elegant; I have never liked O/B power on full keel boats because of the tendency for the prop to come out of the water when motoring into head seas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a 6hp on the back end of the centaurs

I never really had many problems with cavitation - but then even with a decent inboard I try to avoid bashing my  brains out motoring in the wrong direction.

 

The bloke who gave me my first  electric outboard - very nice man - said it would transform my relationship with the estuary. It did.

You are right though about the drawbacks 

 

but for me now  the  benefits when it comes to peace and quiet are  more than worth it,

I have a  plan..

D

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ProaSailor Gonna be a lot of butt hurt people coming a long soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised that there has been no mention of this, uh, story. Nice kids, who are in fact "doing it", yes, but they know absolutely *nothing*, so it's interesting and sometimes wince-worthy - or even cringing at times - to watch.
Started 5 months ago, after a refit that can barely be called such, they are now about to start down the Ditch from Norfolk. Florida bound, no mast, no nav lights/VHF/plumbing/berths, not much of a boat in fact, no rudders, powering ( and steering via) w/a small (8hp, IIRC) Mercury outboard.
But they aren't letting those little things hold them back...

Here are 2 vids - the first w/cat, and the most recent, ready to depart:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 48' long, 24' wide boat made within the last few years mostly of various plastics and petroleum products, with not just one but 2 diesel ICE's, yet it has "virtually no carbon footprint".

I guess that depends on how you look at it. :D

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:

They're so good they get their own thread.

Ah, thx JSG, had not seen that. I'll have to go waste some more time on that now... ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, CapnK said:

Ah, thx JSG, had not seen that. I'll have to go waste some more time on that now... ;)

You're welcome.

"Waste...time". It's what we do, n'est pas? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CapnK said:

Surprised that there has been no mention of this, uh, story. Nice kids, who are in fact "doing it", yes, but they know absolutely *nothing*, so it's interesting and sometimes wince-worthy - or even cringing at times - to watch.
Started 5 months ago, after a refit that can barely be called such, they are now about to start down the Ditch from Norfolk. Florida bound, no mast, no nav lights/VHF/plumbing/berths, not much of a boat in fact, no rudders, powering ( and steering via) w/a small (8hp, IIRC) Mercury outboard.
But they aren't letting those little things hold them back...

Here are 2 vids - the first w/cat, and the most recent, ready to depart:

 

if you have wondered how just about every Key West meth head live aboard got their start, this is the video to watch. And by that I mean- Buy the cheapest boat possible and head south and then run out of money and get stuck somewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2020 at 1:34 PM, MauiPunter said:

@ProaSailor Gonna be a lot of butt hurt people coming a long soon.

I'm not taking the bait.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nebe said:

if you have wondered how just about every Key West meth head live aboard got their start, this is the video to watch. And by that I mean- Buy the cheapest boat possible and head south and then run out of money and get stuck somewhere. 

If you haven't done it, watch the first couple of videos and the last one to catch up. And read some of the youtube comments and also the other thread. These two are as about impulsively nutty and exuberant as it gets. Drugs may be a factor...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Israel Hands said:

If you haven't done it, watch the first couple of videos and the last one to catch up. And read some of the youtube comments and also the other thread. These two are as about impulsively nutty and exuberant as it gets. Drugs may be a factor...

Oh man.  Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Intereresting phenomenon on the vissicitudes of the google algorythm

 

1.1. million views

 

now fixing stuff on his 28 footer and opening cardboard boxes at 10,000 views per film

 

 

 

and bums on a boat has also changed

 

used to be hairy people sailing a shit boat

 

 

but he has had a haircut and she has polished up nicely and they are getting perilously close to Mads land of endless fettling

 

 

what an excellent thing youtube is

 

Dylan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, CapnK said:

Surprised that there has been no mention of this, uh, story. Nice kids, who are in fact "doing it", yes, but they know absolutely *nothing*, so it's interesting and sometimes wince-worthy - or even cringing at times - to watch.
Started 5 months ago, after a refit that can barely be called such, they are now about to start down the Ditch from Norfolk. Florida bound, no mast, no nav lights/VHF/plumbing/berths, not much of a boat in fact, no rudders, powering ( and steering via) w/a small (8hp, IIRC) Mercury outboard.
But they aren't letting those little things hold them back...

Here are 2 vids - the first w/cat, and the most recent, ready to depart:

 

OMG!! I can’t watch it!! I tried. I feel ill. So much bliss!!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That shit, yellow catamaran is not the Bums' boat, it was someone that they were traveling with.

They began to understand that the owner was basically a REAL bum who was holding them back, so they parted ways. Yeah, they've been stuck in Luperon for a year but they've been making high quality repairs to their Carter. It seems that they have taken to heart much advice offered to them by "experienced" cruisers, so they want to fix the boat right, but they're on a limited budget so it's slow going.

I do think they're near the finish line and will be back at sea, soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ajax said:

Yeah, they've been stuck in Luperon for a year but they've been making high quality repairs to their Carter. It seems that they have taken to heart much advice offered to them by "experienced" cruisers, so they want to fix the boat right, but they're on a limited budget so it's slow going.

I quit watching them months back. They *want* to make things right, but they are/were getting some just plain bad/wrong advice from internet experts :huh: that they were taking to heart and using, without knowing better (I would guess). Like from the guy who creds were that he'd 'worked in a boatyard' for several years and whose father was a chemical engineer. He told them it was better for them to use polyester resin to fix their broken keel grid, than to use epoxy as recommended by others. Why? Pfft to science/facts, it was always best to use the same resin with the same resin (even for secondary bonding), because *that* would be the better bond/stronger repair, he knew from "experience" and what daddy had said...

I posted links for them to read/research, explained where he was wrong in his thinking and why, but - they went with polyester* anyway.

I do hope they get underway again and go on to have a good and problem free cruise, they seem like nice people.

*Yes, I understand polyester may well work just fine; I prefer to use the best possible material when I can, especially for something critical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CapnK said:

I quit watching them months back. They *want* to make things right, but they are/were getting some just plain bad/wrong advice from internet experts :huh: that they were taking to heart and using, without knowing better (I would guess). Like from the guy who creds were that he'd 'worked in a boatyard' for several years and whose father was a chemical engineer. He told them it was better for them to use polyester resin to fix their broken keel grid, than to use epoxy as recommended by others. Why? Pfft to science/facts, it was always best to use the same resin with the same resin (even for secondary bonding), because *that* would be the better bond/stronger repair, he knew from "experience" and what daddy had said...

I posted links for them to read/research, explained where he was wrong in his thinking and why, but - they went with polyester* anyway.

I do hope they get underway again and go on to have a good and problem free cruise, they seem like nice people.

*Yes, I understand polyester may well work just fine; I prefer to use the best possible material when I can, especially for something critical.

Long standing anarchist @Gouvernail has often made a case for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand, but they're being bombarded by tons of well meaning people. It's difficult to sort the signal from the noise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2020 at 7:16 AM, dylan winter said:

I killed two props and three fins bashing it on the bottom when using it in the dinghy

 

so I bought a 50lb thrust 12 volt trolling motor for the dinghy  (£150)

that was marvelous, I did use it in the 22 footer  - excellent but not quite enough poke to beat our tides

 

so I bought a 100 lb thrust 24 volt bison for £199.

for me it is the bees knees

....

 

D

I have always thought that a huge trolling motor would be a better and much much cheaper alternative to a torquedo. When i was a kid we had a 15' aluminum boat with a smallish sized trolling motor that would move it along fully loaded at around 4 kts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark Set said:

I have always thought that a huge trolling motor would be a better and much much cheaper alternative to a torquedo. When i was a kid we had a 15' aluminum boat with a smallish sized trolling motor that would move it along fully loaded at around 4 kts.

It was low tide and no wind today - I did some tests - on the first of five settings the bison was shoving my one tonne 22 footer through the water at 3 .5 mph

 

the centre plate was up, the rudder half lifted

 

In the top setting it was pushing it at 4.4 mph

 

On setting one I have got two hours and a bit of motoring at 3.5  mph  from my 100 ah  24 volt battery.

on setting five it is good for about 45 mins

D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That extra mph is a killer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, dylan winter said:

It was low tide and no wind today - I did some tests - on the first of five settings the bison was shoving my one tonne 22 footer through the water at 3 .5 mph

 

the centre plate was up, the rudder half lifted

 

In the top setting it was pushing it at 4.4 mph

 

On setting one I have got two hours and a bit of motoring at 3.5  mph  from my 100 ah  24 volt battery.

on setting five it is good for about 45 mins

D

I've recently come across this Narrow Boat video fella.  I think he purposefully cruises at 2KTS.  The videos are a bit boring, but oddly mesmerizing.  He runs an old diesel, but I would think the canals would be much nicer on electric or even hybrid. I took a look into it and British Marine had some good info on power use etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2020 at 10:34 AM, MauiPunter said:

@ProaSailor Gonna be a lot of butt hurt people coming a long soon.

I've become quite keen on mentally calculating the Likes/Dislikes ratio on videos. Most objectively good, hit song videos with many millions of views tend to end up around 5-10% dislikes/likes, as do many million+ view specialty videos which the algorithm must put out to a lot of non specialists. Doug DeMuro, the most influential car influencer in the world, is an example of the latter. There must just be a good number of misanthrope YouTube addicts who just drift around disliking everything. On the other hand, the best specialty videos can get to the low hundred thousand views with 1-2% dislikes  which I very non-scientifically consider to be a gold standard.  If you want to see the best manual machining on the interwebz, check out Abom79, but even his hydraulic cylinder two-parter that went really viral with 2.7 million views got 7% dislikes so it happens to the best. Anyway, that brings me to La Vagabonde who, based on this metric, are doing amazingly well. Ep 11 to pick a random example has 831K views and 1.5% dislikes, which is typical for them. Which brings us to the Greta videos, where the first one is at  900K views and 19% dislikes. I seriously see the effect of Russian bots here, trolling for anything Greta related.

On another note, holy absolute crap the La Vag crew are good at this. They are getting to be better and better sailors in addition to making boat life with a baby somewhat interesting, which is an amazing feat in itself. I love that YouTube has led to the emergence of amazing people like the La Vag gang and Abom79. It's just awesome and my family's TV has not been turned on since sometime last spring.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Foiling Optimist said:

 

On another note, holy absolute crap the La Vag crew are good at this. 

 

Any chance it could have anything to do with a magnificent set of tits and bikini shots? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, fragglerock said:

No girl... Solo over the Pacific.

 

 

if you're going to circumnavigate without a motor - please, dear god - remove the fixed three blade prop. 

even on this short leg 21 day leg, I suppose the drag might be measured in days..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uma must be listening to the big D's "Howto get YT views" formula here on this thread. Evidence? See screenshot. Buttcheeks in thumbnail? Up to 10x the normal # of views...

Screenshot_2020-02-14 5 Years Living OFF-GRID on an ALL ELECTRIC Sailboat — Sailing Uma [Step 206].png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have been looking at this couple's videos. Boat isn't fast but maybe it's a good formula for making crossings and then comfortably cruising...a old Victory 40. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christian Williams, the master philosopher,  speaks on winter sailing

although it does not look like winter sailing to me

 

two layers in LA

 

six in the UK

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

Christian Williams, the master philosopher,  speaks on winter sailing

although it does not look like winter sailing to me

two layers in LA

six in the UK

 

How many in Norway?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dylan winter said:

Christian Williams, the master philosopher,  speaks on winter sailing

although it does not look like winter sailing to me

 

two layers in LA

 

six in the UK

 

 

 

Silly question for those used to colder climates. Can thick snow become actually an issue for the stability of the boat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Panoramix  It can be, especially on smaller boats.

I remember stepping onto my Coronado 25 after it accumulated over a foot of snow. It was extremely rolly until I cleared the decks.  I think it's less of a problem for larger, heavier displacement boats.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most problematic scenario is when snow and ice blocks then cracks something like a cockpit drain hose, then the weight of the snow pushes the drain through-hull - normally just above the waterline - below the water...

No real winter here this year - some pretty nice sailing days at 40° - which is two layers in Oregon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, toddster said:

The most problematic scenario is when snow and ice blocks then cracks something like a cockpit drain hose, then the weight of the snow pushes the drain through-hull - normally just above the waterline - below the water...

No real winter here this year - some pretty nice sailing days at 40° - which is two layers in Oregon.  

Hard Bastards those west coasters.

are you sure it isn't two layers  plus an anorak

 

Peter Storm would do

 

just something lightweight to keep the hah off

I  worked over your way. Filming loggers on the Islands. Man it  looked like a  wonderful  place  to sail. I  had the weekends  off and I spent my time watching other  people sailing the inner passage

on another subject

One yank sent me a greeting - "may your big genoa always be full"

 

I like that very much as a  sentiment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, toddster said:

The most problematic scenario is when snow and ice blocks then cracks something like a cockpit drain hose, then the weight of the snow pushes the drain through-hull - normally just above the waterline - below the water...

No real winter here this year - some pretty nice sailing days at 40° - which is two layers in Oregon.  

I wouldn't have thought of this, pretty pernicious, one more reason for draining the cockpit through the transom!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great vids, both, Thanks fellas. The cinematography and production value of the Arctic one - wow.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zonker said:

That's suspiciously like the Newfoundland saying "Long may your big jib draw"

https://cottagelife.com/general/newfoundland-slang-that-other-canadians-dont-understand/

I think it was a west coaster who said it to me

 

maybe the phrase changed as it moved across the 2000 miles to the other side - or maybe he just mangled it. 

I still like it - almost as much as when the big genoa is full and pulling.... which is a very nice feeling - even on a Centaur that hits rocks

 

D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Panoramix said:

Silly question for those used to colder climates. Can thick snow become actually an issue for the stability of the boat?

I've had more problems with stability of the crew when deck is icy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 4:58 PM, CapnK said:

The cinematography and production value of the Arctic one - wow.

yeah. kind of astonishing that he set up those shots - then ski'ed through them. a natural talent for cinematography for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2020 at 5:32 AM, LionIsland said:

OMG!! I can’t watch it!! I tried. I feel ill. So much bliss!!!  

try it again.. their latest video had me laughing out loud with their guest narrator. 

 

https://youtu.be/dbSYLk2uZME

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, nebe said:

try it again.. their latest video had me laughing out loud with their guest narrator. 

 

https://youtu.be/dbSYLk2uZME

they are tough people - it must be bloomin cold. They are good at making films as well and their drone work is excellent. They do show that a boat adventure does not have to be expensive. They bought a basket case cat - so bad that they cannot even stand on some parts of the desk and they are using a bog stndard outboard. 

Goodonem

D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dylan winter said:

they are tough people - it must be bloomin cold. They are good at making films as well and their drone work is excellent. They do show that a boat adventure does not have to be expensive. They bought a basket case cat - so bad that they cannot even stand on some parts of the desk and they are using a bog stndard outboard. 

Goodonem

D

It should be noted that they have a devoted thread over on the Sailing Forum. They stepped up their game on the latest episode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Israel Hands said:

It should be noted that they have a devoted thread over on the Sailing Forum. They stepped up their game on the latest episode.

odd that

 

they are not sailing

but they are using humour

which is top noth

there is another couple using humour

 

D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is another catamaran couple who increased their viewers tenfold with this one

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

boing boing boing boing boing boing

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MauiPunter said:

boing boing boing boing boing boing

That was such a hit that they put out another...the RIB goes bounce bounce bounce on the way to the dive site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now Erik takes it to the next level with a TRAILER for his next episode

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 2:58 PM, CapnK said:

Great vids, both, Thanks fellas. The cinematography and production value of the Arctic one - wow.

 

That was incredible.  That's about as hardcore as it gets.  Sailing in the snow (check).  Hiking up fjords and glaciers (check).  Skiing down open unknown terrain (check).  Very impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is lovely too. Eric and Hugo are easily my fav sailing channels.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Israel Hands said:

And now Erik takes it to the next level with a TRAILER for his next episode

 

998401016__20.JPG.dfcc3d3c3308d9204d53563165898aab.JPG

Yeah he's gone too far.

 

J/A  he has been doing that for some times now. Personally, I don't mind. It might look a bit pompous, but it's a fine counterpoint to boobs&butts induced thumbnails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, leuk said:

This is lovely too. Eric and Hugo are easily my fav sailing channels.

 

 

Hugo is the best. Absolutely loved the last 3 or 4 minutes of this video just outside of Capetown.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sailing Nandji have just posted 45 minutes talking to the camera about hitting a reef after their mooring ball came loose.

Apparently onlookers in the anchorage were not nice enough to come help.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will then become mandatory to have a boob job to gain viewers. (La Vag, Nandji, Doodles, etc)

Then the guys will need pec implants and go on Marvel superhero movie weight training and diet programs to give women viewers some eye candy.

It will be an arms and boobs race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That chick is positively rancid. No amount of silicone is going to get me to click on that video. I sure as hell wouldn't sign up on Patreon for 45 minutes of talking head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ajax said:

That chick is positively rancid.

Agreed. She's like an even-grosser version of Gwen Stafani. So the question is - who'd you rather be stuck on a boat for a week with - her or Squeaky on the Iroquois? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Israel Hands said:

Agreed. She's like an even-grosser version of Gwen Stafani. So the question is - who'd you rather be stuck on a boat for a week with - her or Squeaky on the Iroquois? :)

I choose option C) -  Jump into the water and provide calories for sea life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites