dylan winter

Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

Sorry, been dealing with a lot of poor choices by the teens lately and it's taking its toll...

8 hours ago, Elegua said:

My guess is they are all in violation of labor laws and tax laws, just the that the local authorities haven't twigged or can't trace the income. Most countries have very broad definitions of locally derived income so I'd guess they'd see locally generated content as local income and even if you have your corporation in a tax free haven, if you don't generate any "value" there, doesn't help. 

Yet another way these youtubers might make it harder for common folk to cruise. Imagine adding a tax audit for online revenue when you clear out! 

There's also the question of green cards, work permits, and so on. Does and American vlogging from, say, New Zealand count as employment? Have our intrepid YouTubers got their Working Holiday visas all squared away? 

19 minutes ago, Diarmuid said:

There's also the question of green cards, work permits, and so on. Does and American vlogging from, say, New Zealand count as employment? Have our intrepid YouTubers got their Working Holiday visas all squared away? 

Strictly speaking they are violating their tourist visas. Maybe there will be v-blogger visa? 

49 minutes ago, Diarmuid said:

Frankly I doubt anyone cares. They're not taking employment away from the locals and they're spending some money, possibly acting as a drawcard for other tourists.

A couple I know do have an Australian registered business number and pay tax. They also can claim business related tax deductions. Further than that I have no idea because I don't ask questions like that. Rather discuss boat stuff.

FKT

On 10/9/2020 at 7:43 AM, Grrr... said:

Yep.  Goes back to the girl jamming the winch handle in her butcrack and wiggling a couple months ago.  I asked the same question.  How do you propose simulated sex with a winch handle in a polite manner.  "Hey honey?  We get more hits when you pretend to fuck the boat.  Wiggle a little more.  Next week we'll set up the spin pole and let you pole dance it on the foredeck."

Well, see, you don't.

Because if you are making videos like that, then your wife or SO is a slutty thing and damn proud of it.  She does things like fuck the winch handle every night even when there aren't any cameras.  And if you're making videos like that, you, the man, are proud of her and her sexuality and have no problems letting other people watch.  The decision to post part of that in the video just means that you finally decided, as a couple, that you are ready to share this facet of who you are.

Sometimes I think SA contributors are chiefly men who enjoy their pr0n every day but would be deeply disappointed and saddened if they found out their adult daughters had decided to go into nude modeling.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, IStream said:

Sorry, been dealing with a lot of poor choices by the teens lately and it's taking its toll...

Fair enough.  Haven’t had to deal with that.

1 hour ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

Fair enough.  Haven’t had to deal with that.

Me neither. The cats are in their early teens and want to take the car out by themselves.

Nothing to do with sail vlogs, but....why the hell not.  
This bird makes all the sail vlog chicks look like trailer park trash.
The rear view, halfway through the vid, should come with a Govt. health warning.

• Like 1

Sorry but for the life of me I cannot understand why attractive young women feel the need to have silicone implants put in their chests. Besides being totally off-putting to a lot of us, it's got to be unhealthy for them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Me neither. The cats are in their early teens and want to take the car out by themselves.

he-has-the-highest-score-on-record

Have they completed their Driver Ed coursework? 

This advertisement paid for by Friends of Toonces.

21 minutes ago, Diarmuid said:

This advertisement paid for by Friends of Toonces.

OMFG, you're killing me. I'd forgotten all about Toonces!

9 hours ago, JRC026 said:

The rear view, halfway through the vid, should come with a Govt. health warning.

At what age am I not allowed to like that because it makes me a creepy old man? Is it now? I feel like it's now. :(

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ajax said:

OMFG, you're killing me. I'd forgotten all about Toonces!

I warned him after, like, the eighth time he rolled it: "Toonces, my man -- you are running out of lives."  But cats don't listen.

On 10/15/2020 at 1:34 PM, Elegua said:

My guess is they are all in violation of labor laws and tax laws, just the that the local authorities haven't twigged or can't trace the income. Most countries have very broad definitions of locally derived income so I'd guess they'd see locally generated content as local income and even if you have your corporation in a tax free haven, if you don't generate any "value" there, doesn't help. 

Yet another way these youtubers might make it harder for common folk to cruise. Imagine adding a tax audit for online revenue when you clear out! 

They are. -I’ve done visa runs before. Depending on the country and the passport you hold. The trouble is not working in the country you are cruising. It is when you are billing customers online and redirect your income to some bank account.

Your home country (especially US, Canada’s, UK, Australia and most of Europe) would want to keep sending you tax bills unless you establish foreign tax residency. USA is particularly nasty in this regards.

19 minutes ago, Ajax said:

At what age am I not allowed to like that because it makes me a creepy old man? Is it now? I feel like it's now. :(

If you have to ask, the answer is now...

10 minutes ago, IStream said:

If you have to ask, the answer is now...

Well, at least women closer to my age are still fairly together...  (for the record, I'm younger than she is).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ajax said:

I take a different view. The day I’m ‘too old’ to check out a beautiful woman...well I guess I will never have to worry about that, and no, I ain’t gonna live forever.

33 minutes ago, Cuntyhunk said:

They are. -I’ve done visa runs before. Depending on the country and the passport you hold. The trouble is not working in the country you are cruising. It is when you are billing customers online and redirect your income to some bank account.

Your home country (especially US, Canada’s, UK, Australia and most of Europe) would want to keep sending you tax bills unless you establish foreign tax residency. USA is particularly nasty in this regards.

I was a US expat for 30+ years. Even if you have a foreign tax residency you still pay out the ass to the US gubmint. If you are a citizen of basically every of country, no global taxation if you are earning income outside, so my guess is they will pay some tax in their home country. Most OECD countries have ways of dealing with people who keep income in “low tax jurisdictions”. The local governments are getting stiffed of tax revenue they’d normally considers as theirs. 

Ironically the best money laundering/ tax haven these days is South Dakota, as it has strong corp secrecy laws and the US will not report holdings to overseas tax authorities. US citizens on the other hand get FBAR’ed to death. 

This woman continues to amaze me.   She makes 54 look 34.

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, shoes, shorts, tree and outdoor

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MauiPunter said:

This woman continues to amaze me.   She makes 54 look 34.

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, shoes, shorts, tree and outdoor

If she's yours then you're a fellow member of the lucky men's club

Meanwhile, back in Texas...

This popped in the feed, and it seems things aren't going quite according to plan.

2 minutes ago, Dilligaf0220 said:

Talk about 9 lives, that woman is on what, boat #9 she's making vids on now?

I thought she was in jail.

I figured her hole would be expensive.

4 minutes ago, MauiPunter said:

I figured her hole would be expensive.

It's not the initial expense, it's the upkeep.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Corryvreckan said:

Meanwhile, back in Texas...

This popped in the feed, and it seems things aren't going quite according to plan.

Sure why not - maybe an interesting story...I clicked, watched a few seconds, got skeptical, then immediately started fast forwarding ahead...watch two secs, 15 secs fast forward, repeatedly.  Lots of talking, lots of “look at me” stuff.

At 3:59, where I happened to land at one of the fast-forwards, she starts with, “So, you guys get to watch me [blah blah blah].”  Basically, “Watch me.  I’ve got nothing remotely interesting or even useful to say.  But watch me.  

No thanks - my time is precious.  :-) 

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

It's not the initial expense, it's the upkeep antibiotics.

FTFY

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

FTFY

Fuck the antibiotics, I'd need barbed wire. If not before, definitely after. And a sauna and a shower.

Just now, chester said:

Did any one manage to hear why she cut those holes?

Do you think I'm so bored as to actually *watch* that shit-show? Not even if she posed naked.

FKT

Funny how cutting 10" holes that aren't even level with each other for a bow thruster that are 1/2 above the waterline in a yard that doesn't allow work on the boat isn't a good idea...

Last I heard I thought she was owning two shit-buckets at anchor out in the Florida keys with a harem of boys living on them....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hdra said:

Funny how cutting 10" holes that aren't even level with each other for a bow thruster that are 1/2 above the waterline in a yard that doesn't allow work on the boat isn't a good idea...

Last I heard I thought she was owning two shit-buckets at anchor out in the Florida keys with a harem of boys living on them....

Things are looking up? That is one wild shitshow.

21 hours ago, JRC026 said:

Damn, I love women, I totally get being a lesbian.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zenmasterfred said:

Damn, I love women, I totally get being a lesbian.  

Except that somebody, somewhere, is already sick of her and her shit.

• Like 2

What we need is a refreshing change from the bullshit.  Sailing Miss Lone Star.  Delos. La Vag. Etc.

“The Guga Hunters of Ness Without Patreon Accounts Go Hunting On Cold Island”

Dylan may know of these folks, at the far northern extremity of blighty... https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/scottish-food

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 1:50 PM, Elegua said:

I was a US expat for 30+ years. Even if you have a foreign tax residency you still pay out the ass to the US gubmint. If you are a citizen of basically every of country, no global taxation if you are earning income outside, so my guess is they will pay some tax in their home country. Most OECD countries have ways of dealing with people who keep income in “low tax jurisdictions”. The local governments are getting stiffed of tax revenue they’d normally considers as theirs. 

Ironically the best money laundering/ tax haven these days is South Dakota, as it has strong corp secrecy laws and the US will not report holdings to overseas tax authorities. US citizens on the other hand get FBAR’ed to death. 

Yah, official translations , tax preparation and FBar compliance cost me 4K per year 

that fbar stuff is gruesome ...my tax return can be 60 pages long , mostly gibberish 

silly law 

Couple calls it quits, he plans to continue. How long will it take him to find another girl...and how many followers lost until then?

On 10/17/2020 at 5:01 AM, hdra said:

I freaked out watching the video (the holes, the hull deformation on the lift were bad enough) but when I saw them laminating ON TOP of the antifouling, my soul started crying...

16 hours ago, slug zitski said:

FBar

Doesn't FUBAR mean "Fucked Beyond All Repair"?

Just like that big boat...

6 hours ago, chuso007 said:

Doesn't FUBAR mean "Fucked Beyond All Repair"?

Just like that big boat...

Hmm

And it is fucked up !!

to  make it even more fucked up Spain has adopted USA style  worldwide  reporting of financial assets in addition to a wealth tax 

i miss the friendly  days of the Peseta and the feel of those trusty Duro,s clinking in my pocket 

it now appears that only Malta is a “safe European harbor “ for international sailors working out of the EU 

https://nomoretax.eu/living/relocation-to-malta/

• Like 1

Just now, slug zitski said:

Hmm

And it is fucked up !!

to  make it even more fucked up Spain has adopted USA style  worldwide  reporting of financial assets in addition to a wealth tax 

it now appears that only Malta is a “safe European harbor “ for international sailors working out of the EU 

https://nomoretax.eu/living/relocation-to-malta/

Spain is FUBAR too... Big time.

cyprus is a good bet too if you can work with the corruption

20 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

cyprus is a good bet too if you can work with the corruption

Anyone banking in Cyprus is comfortable with fairly advanced levels of corruption. You don't bank there because they offer good rates on 6mo CDs and handy ATM locations.<_< 

https://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/fandd/2019/09/tackling-global-tax-havens-shaxon.htm

9 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

this is worth a leisurely butchers

"leisurely butchers? sorry, i don't speak english :D

8 hours ago, chester said:

"leisurely butchers? sorry, i don't speak english :D

Cockney rhyming slang. "butchers hook" = "look"

3 hours ago, Mark Morwood said:

Didn't the English use Cockney code talkers to transmit secret messages during WWII, so that intercepted messages would be completely un-intelligible?  Or am I mixing them up with the Navajo?

IIRC, that was in the Pacific theatre, and it was Native Americans.

There was a film about it, Windtalkers, I think.

6 hours ago, Mark Morwood said:

i'm speechless.

Oldy, but a goody....

Yeah, yeah...wrong hemisphere....just watch it upside down. 

• Like 3

Good Lord, that's messed up.

Please tell me this is sarcasm.

Bwahahahahaha...   

On 10/21/2020 at 1:22 AM, Mark Morwood said:

Dimwell Arrhythmic Rhyming Slang: Various rhyming slangs are known, and have given the universe such terms as “apples and pears” (stairs), “rubbity-dub” (pub), and “busy bee” (General Theory of Relativity). The Dimwell Street rhyming slang is pretty unique in that it does not, in fact, rhyme. No one knows why, but theories so far advanced are 1) that it is quite complex and in fact follows hidden rules, or 2) Dimwell is well named, or 3) it’s made up to annoy strangers, which is the case with most such slangs.

Going Postal, Terry Pratchett

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Diarmuid said:

“busy bee” (General Theory of Relativity).

:lol:

I guess I should reread the discworld series without the translation losses.

Delos are in Boston at Constitution Marina I believe today tomorrow and Sunday

1 hour ago, mathystuff said:

:lol:

I guess I should reread the discworld series without the translation losses.

Not sure how often that rhyme comes around in Hoxton, but it's nice to know it is available. ;)

6 hours ago, dacapo said:

Delos are in Boston at Constitution Marina I believe today tomorrow and Sunday

Constitution Marina sucks donkey balls.  Don't go there.

On 10/21/2020 at 11:21 PM, Black Sox said:

IIRC, that was in the Pacific theatre, and it was Native Americans.

There was a film about it, Windtalkers, I think.

That settles it then, a movie.

On 10/21/2020 at 9:27 AM, dylan winter said:

this is worth a leisurely butchers 

And another bikini free film worth watching:

6 hours ago, MikeJohns said:

And another bikini free film worth watching:

That boat lives at our marina, as do quite a few other large Stevens motoryachts. All owned by Americans, they have all sat unused but perfectly maintained this summer. 

Wow, that is an astounding couple of films.  He's on a Fleming motor yacht and his name is Tony Fleming.  I'll assume there's a connection.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eric1207 said:

Wow, that is an astounding couple of films.  He's on a Fleming motor yacht and his name is Tony Fleming.  I'll assume there's a connection.

Oh, right...Fleming. I mistakenly said Stevens above. Ta.

Ouch. Lightning strike holes the boat.
Vid is short, a bit of a teaser but worth watching to see how big the strike was. He's solo ATM, in the San Blas while she visits family.I like these two, they keep it real, and don't make a ton of money. Right now they are living on $6/day, saving for a Canal transit and then the SoPac.

(Just joined their Patreon today - figuring they could use a few shekels. Guess it's time to throw a little more to Dylan, too, help get that new boat ready... :) )

47 minutes ago, CapnK said:

Vid is short, a bit of a teaser but worth watching to see how big the strike was. He's solo ATM, in the San Blas while she visits family.I like these two, they keep it real, and don't make a ton of money. Right now they are living on $6/day, saving for a Canal transit and then the SoPac.

(Just joined their Patreon today - figuring they could use a few shekels. Guess it's time to throw a little more to Dylan, too, help get that new boat ready... :) )

Since he was able to edit and upload the video, can I safely assume that the SAILBOAT IS NO LONGER SINKING?

1 hour ago, IStream said:

Since he was able to edit and upload the video, can I safely assume that the SAILBOAT IS NO LONGER SINKING?

Oh, it’ll be sinking for as long as he needs Patreon folks to keep kicking in :-)

28 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

Oh, it’ll be sinking for as long as he needs Patreon folks to keep kicking in :-)

Why Jud, what a cyn-i-kal thing to say! :P

2 hours ago, CapnK said:

Yeah my mast isn't grounded either.
I may have to reassess after watching that.

39 minutes ago, MiddayGun said:

Yeah my mast isn't grounded either.
I may have to reassess after watching that.

Sailing in the tropics and had no lightning protection...isn’t bonding the mast to ground just common sense (assuming you’ve read some basic stuff on prepping a boat for an ocean crossing, etc, e.g. http://honeynav.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/grounding.pdf)?  Maybe not.

9 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

Sailing in the tropics and had no lightning protection...isn’t bonding the mast to ground just common sense (assuming you’ve read some basic stuff on prepping a boat for an ocean crossing, etc)?  Maybe not.

Did he just buy the boat, or is it one he prepared?
IDK, not going to go through his videos to check.

Lightning is pretty rare over here, unless done from factory its pretty rare to see boats with lightning grounding, in my case there are no easy ways to run grounding straps from the chain-plates down to the bilge due to a foam filled internal liner.

2 minutes ago, MiddayGun said:

Did he just buy the boat, or is it one he prepared?
IDK, not going to go through his videos to check.

Lightning is pretty rare over here, unless done from factory its pretty rare to see boats with lightning grounding, in my case there are no easy ways to run grounding straps from the chain-plates down to the bilge due to a foam filled internal liner.

For sure - who knows the situation.

And I suppose that direct lightning strikes are statistically probably rather rare, even in the tropics .  It’s just that when they happen they can be bad...

second time for this guy, right?  he lost a boat in australia (kimberly islands) a few year ago i think.

14 minutes ago, chester said:

second time for this guy, right?  he lost a boat in australia (kimberly islands) a few year ago i think.

It's hard to walk away from a successful business model.

• Like 2

Spends a good half a minute filming, talking and doing nothing proactive right in the part of the crisis where he could locate the failed through hull or blown out transducer.

Very odd priorities.  

To ground or not - I've read both. Some say it is needed, to allow the juice a path off the boat. Others say it allows for easier creation of streamers, making it more attractive to stepped leaders, and thus - more likely to be hit.
The current in an average strike is 300 million Volts/30,000 Amps.
The one thing I am certain of is that no matter what you do, there are no guarantees. You pays yer money, and takes yer chances...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IStream said:

It's hard to walk away from a successful business model.

Choosing to live on a $6/day budget is not exactly what I would call a result of "a successful business model".
It is, however, what someone might do who has a dream and will do whatever is needed to see it happen. ;)

First time around he wound up on a reef.
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd, 1928

1 hour ago, CapnK said:

To ground or not - I've read both. Some say it is needed, to allow the juice a path off the boat. Others say it allows for easier creation of streamers, making it more attractive to stepped leaders, and thus - more likely to be hit.
The current in an average strike is 300 million Volts/30,000 Amps.
The one thing I am certain of is that no matter what you do, there are no guarantees. You pays yer money, and takes yer chances...

Always ground.

You won't find any other professional advice.

Lightning will always be attracted to the mast regardless of whether it's grounded or not,  metal is such a better conductor than air and the electric field has the same distribution whether the mast is grounded or not. 

What direct path grounding does is save your boat from the type of damage in the video. Commonly blowing a transducer out on the exit path.

1 hour ago, MikeJohns said:

Always ground.

You won't find any other professional advice.

Of course not. The professional wants to sell you his services. TIC - somewhat. ;)

Lightning will always be attracted to the mast regardless of whether it's grounded or not,  metal is such a better conductor than air and the electric field has the same distribution whether the mast is grounded or not. 

I understand this from a logical standpoint - it makes sense. That said, I had a VERY close encounter with lightning, personal experience that just doesn't bear out this, for lack of a better descriptor, 'conventional wisdom' about masts being so attractive to lightning.
What happened: I used to give rides and sailing/windsurfing lessons off the beach here in South Carolina as a living. Was de-rigging a Hobie 16 with a July storm cell fast approaching; one had already passed. Without going into all the details, it had been a pretty extreme storm in wind, rain, and electrical activity, to the point that we'd left the boats to fend for themselves with sails bent on during the first storm, and now I was out there to break them down for the day.
I was unshackling the mainsheet blocks from the traveler one instant, and the next I was staring out of two small eye-shaped windows in my head thinking "WTF?", quite literally seeing my body jerking uncontrollably, sparks flying from my fingertips to the blocks, thighs arcing 6-8" to the aft crossbar, while standing in what appeared to be a puddle of electricity. The next thing I knew I was running my ass off away from the boat. :D My heartbeat was elevated for the next couple of hours, and when I finally went back out to drop the main well after the 2nd storm, either the boat or I had enough stored electrical charge that the mast shocked me from an inch or so away when I grabbed the halyard.
I did not see the bolt that could very well have ended me, but several others did see the entire incident, and here's the thing: the lightning did NOT hit the Hobie mast. An aluminum pole standing nearly 30' in the air. Instead, the bolt came down and hit the wet sand about 10' behind me, which would make it what - 20' or less from the mast?
The only thing I can think is that sitting on non-conductive FRP hulls and with nothing else touching the ground, the *Hobie mast was ungrounded*, and so - no streamer, and no strike.
Instead, a streamer came up from the ground within very few feet of it, managing to reach up, catch a leader, and close the circuit. What I got was some sort of 'side-shock', likely from the water-soaked sand on which I was standing barefooted just a bit away from those millions of volts.

So it seems to me that there may well be more merit to having an ungrounded system than is commonly given.

I do know that the science around lightning strikes is very uncertain. Boats grounded and un- get sunk, and both also survive. How big of a conductor do you need to be SURE you can drop 300M or maybe even up to or more than half a billion volts into the water with absolutely no harm to your boat, guaranteed? Is less than that beneficial, or could it even be harmful, making the bolt jump around looking for a better path to earth?
On this topic, there are more questions than answers it seems, and plenty of food for thought. :)

What direct path grounding does is save your boat from the type of damage in the video. Commonly blowing a transducer out on the exit path.

LPS works for military vessels fishing fleets and sailboats in lightning prone areas. That's why it's installed.

There are free guides for recommended practice you don't need a professional for each installation. They were employed in the research and writing of the guides.  People like to imagine that LP is an unpredictable black art. But protection is not hard to design for any vessel or land installation .

49 minutes ago, CapnK said:

I suspect if the lightning hit the mast, you wouldn’t be telling the story.

There is a very active electromagnetic field around the area of a lightning strike, it’s not just like electricity in a wire.

A while ago we had a direct strike on a tree in our backyard in Sydney, it was about 10 meters from the house. We all felt a jolt from the strike, it took down all our computers, and took out everything electrical in our neighbours house, just fried the wiring, switches and controllers.

So my understanding is we will get a decent shock if we are close to an earthed lightning bolt, but it is orders of magnitude less than if the strike flows to ground through our bodies..