dylan winter

Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

On 11/19/2020 at 5:58 AM, Ajax said:

Otherwise, I'd be gone like fly shit on a windshield.

This is what I enjoy about reading Webb Chiles.  He sets goals, sets timelines, and achieves them.  It’s very committing to actually follow through.  There are any number of reasons to deter one from a goal.  (As I, and we all, know...)  Most of us are creatures of habit, and don’t do well with change, especially when it involves discomfort.

http://self-portraitinthepresentseajournal.blogspot.com/2020/11/hilton-head-island-your-response-my.html?m=1

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

“I have twice successfully made and stuck to five year plans to free myself from the land.  The first led to my first attempt at Cape Horn and the beginning of the ‘being’ part of my life.  The second to our sailing from Boston for the Azores in 2001 on what was intended as an endless voyage, but turned out not to be, though I have never since lived full time on land for long.

“At 79 I find five year plans too ambitious.  So I have instead two or three year inclinations, to none of which am I as totally committed as I have been to goals in the past and that may not be enough.  I like absolute commitment.”

• Downvote 1

On 11/19/2020 at 6:58 AM, Ajax said:

Many "liveaboards" don't do it because they love the sea or sailing or whatever. They live aboard because they're playing a game called "beat the rent."  Key West is full of derelict boats with the floating homeless living aboard.

The year that I lived on my Pearson 30, the denizens of my marina told me that I "made them look bad" because I went sailing so often.

Look, the only reason I still own a home and slog to a "job" every day, is because Wife 2.0 isn't ready to chuck it all for cruising life.  She's one of a tiny handful of people who actually loves her job and her ties to certain family members is very strong.  Otherwise, I'd be gone like fly shit on a windshield.

Interesting question, there. Is a person living aboard a boat they own homeless? How about a family living in their Toyota Camry? Not a retired couple boondocking in a $250k Class A motor home, of course. But how about a teacher moving her Scamp between parking lots, because studio apts in her district run $2000/mo? There are extended families is Colcutta who have occupied the same bit of sidewalk for 200 years. Are they homeless?

On 11/18/2020 at 8:01 PM, Israel Hands said:

Check this out. The Zingaro guy buys an Oyster to refit, then dumps Kimmie, the sweetheart who drove the traffic to his YT site. 

A month later, and half a world away, he's swapping touchies with a girl who... looks surprisingly like Kimmie.

I guess it's a good thing there wasn't a marriage to annul, but I have a feeling that Kimmie got the short end of this deal.

I think Kimmie dumped him. Spent corona-time with family and decided to go to school and won’t miss the meager YouTube money. James is never going to quit, he’ll be out there sailing on a shoestring  40 years from now and that’s not for everyone. 

He does a pretty good job on his videos. That Dutch girl just dropped by in the marina and he put her in the thumbnail :lol::lol::lol:. That boat is a big job but he will have it in the water sailing hard before a lot of these other “we bought a boat” yahoos.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Diarmuid said:

Interesting question, there. Is a person living aboard a boat they own homeless? How about a family living in their Toyota Camry? Not a retired couple boondocking in a $250k Class A motor home, of course. But how about a teacher moving her Scamp between parking lots, because studio apts in her district run $2000/mo? There are extended families is Colcutta who have occupied the same bit of sidewalk for 200 years. Are they homeless?

I am intentionally homeless today.  I'm anchored out.  ;)

1 hour ago, Ajax said:

I am intentionally homeless today.  I'm anchored out.  ;)

If you have leasehold property, are you homeless?

I have 6 moorings that I pay a lease fee to the Govt for. I tried once to convince the local post mistress that one was my home address so I could get a discount on my PO box rental as there are no mail deliveries to moorings but unfortunately, she actually knows where I really live. Downside of living in a small community...

Good for telling other people/officials though.

FKT

7 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

That Dutch girl just dropped by in the marina and he put her in the thumbnail 

She's wearing a look of shame like she's already made a trip to that big aft cabin!:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Israel Hands said:

She's wearing a look of shame like she's already made a trip to that big aft cabin!:)

He’s been checking through hulls quite thoroughly.

Oh I'd gladly count on the Universe to fix shit in my boat too. Good to know it accepts dinghy engines as a currency, I was ready to pay with fruit paste. Jesus.

1 hour ago, leuk said:

Oh I'd gladly count on the Universe to fix shit in my boat too. Good to know it accepts dinghy engines as a currency, I was ready to pay with fruit paste. Jesus.

OK I think the burn pile is overdue for a replenishment, personally.

FKT

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

OK I think the burn pile is overdue for a replenishment, personally.

FKT

Are you implying this poor wood could one day be dry enough to fulfill that purpose? I hope you're not keeping yourself cold expecting that event. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

Nicely played.

Break on through!

Strangely enough, I was just playing the Doors tonight. Tried to remember the members...Jim Morrison, Ray Manzarek, Robbie Krieger and John Densmore. I got everyone, with spelling errors. Not bad for 50 years of reality abuse.

The winner.  Well it could be French Toast.  To some its that freaky Eurovision song.  But to me the winner in the category of Funniest Sailing youtube videos goes to the young couple from Sailing Salty Mermaid.  The episode where they hire a pro captain and he runs their boat into the bridge.  Its been taken down long ago but the look on their faces when the mast hits the bridge and then the pro runs away, was just to much.  

• Like 1

I demand an update on French Toast girl...and a sequel!

There's no going back man...We can enjoy French Toast girl captured in that YouTube moment until the algorithm says no, but any update on reality would lead to disappointment. And you know what Yoda says about disappointment. 

She's either old fat and strung-out from all those pancakes, or she's back on the career path as an [insert white collar profession here]

11 hours ago, Elegua said:

There's no going back man...We can enjoy French Toast girl captured in that YouTube moment until the algorithm says no, but any update on reality would lead to disappointment. And you know what Yoda says about disappointment. 

She's either old fat and strung-out from all those pancakes, or she's back on the career path as an [insert white collar profession here]

No, no, no but I can understand your thinking.

You failed to consider the possibility that I have her.

OK, so it’s technically possible...

14 hours ago, Elegua said:

You never know. She may be aging like fine wine, cruising, getting tan, still having fun like the woman on the Emerald Steel Youtube channel.

I do understand your reticence to find out though. There's a risk of ruining a perfectly good fantasy.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Gobbler said:

Look Megan is hotter than dammit, but the new Bimbo just does not do anything for me.   I don't know what Bobby does to attract them, it aint his narration skiills.    

True you never know. I just think of all those poor McGuyver fans. 

ACtC-3fuGteQoE7fT1h6MWVkeOL1FIl3p-OLMOeY

5 hours ago, Black Sox said:

You failed to consider the possibility that I have her.

Buffalo Bill, is that you? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dogscout said:

Look Megan is hotter than dammit, but the new Bimbo just does not do anything for me.   I don't know what Bobby does to attract them, it aint his narration skiills.    

It ain't the guy's sunglasses, that's for sure. 

6 hours ago, Dogscout said:

he still comes in second in this regard to that australian guy

Found a new one: 

Haven't seen any signs of a bikini... nor a Patreon pitch (yet), but it's somewhere warm at least. These folk also make me feel better about myself. I don't know much, but buying a 70' wooden boat that's already taking on a significant amount of water is not a project I'd be willing to take on, not without having won the lottery first.

On 11/22/2020 at 2:36 PM, leuk said:

Wow theres a lot to make fun of with that boat.. Apparently she's only 13 years old so if its made of fancy brazillian hardwood there might be hope.. but probably its toredo infested.. my wooden boat is 51yo and she doesnt leak a drop.. also there doesnt seem to be a keel? and the whole thing is bending significantly being hauled out? Then theres the guy with his legs on either side of the cable.. i mean they might be able to get her tight enough to not sink at anchor.. but dear god dont go sailing in that thing!

"we need to clean the rudder, so we have a better sliding movement in the water" -MP

this is my favorite quote now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Lucky One said:

Found a new one: 

Haven't seen any signs of a bikini... nor a Patreon pitch (yet), but it's somewhere warm at least. These folk also make me feel better about myself. I don't know much, but buying a 70' wooden boat that's already taking on a significant amount of water is not a project I'd be willing to take on, not without having won the lottery first.

Really, a new one huh.

No, you’re not listening properly. The universe was telling you not to play with things you don’t understand.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Black Sox said:

No, you’re not listening properly. The universe was telling you not to play with things you don’t understand.

however, it might be worth dropping in to watch to see the tale unfold

and that is what making films about - getting people to watch the next one.

Then you have to get them to chip in

I am more likely to watch another of their films than I am to watch Mads endlessly titivating the already perfect

I'm not usually a fan of watching horror movies, but I might make an exception for this one. Obligatory Patreon link showed up on the second episode (what self restraint they show!).

Dang, the landscape looked very familiar and then I realized that half a lifetime ago I traveled for work occasionally in that same part of Santa Catarina...covered a lot of the waterfront from Florianopolis up to Balneario to the north. Very nice part of the world.  I think the joke's on us. They probably have the money to afford skilled local labor to patch that wooden boat up. Or to ditch it and get a decent one. The big wooden fishing vessels around there were impressive, but the catch in the region was declining when I was there.

3 hours ago, Israel Hands said:

Dang, the landscape looked very familiar and then I realized that half a lifetime ago I traveled for work occasionally in that same part of Santa Catarina...covered a lot of the waterfront from Florianopolis up to Balneario to the north. Very nice part of the world.  I think the joke's on us. They probably have the money to afford skilled local labor to patch that wooden boat up. Or to ditch it and get a decent one. The big wooden fishing vessels around there were impressive, but the catch in the region was declining when I was there.

Dunno

Looks like a scrapper to me

But they seem determined

Also, if you are asking for patreon money then you need to keep the pro help in the background

Goodonem for giving it ago

As an old fart I spent today sticking 50 year old saggy headlining back up

Simple stuff compared to what they are taking on

D

On 11/24/2020 at 8:36 AM, Dogscout said:

Great Zarquon!  Was he seriously hawking an online hair loss treatment?  I mean...   Damn!  He might as well just look into the camera lens and scream "I'm a giant doosh!" at the top of his lungs.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 6:56 AM, dylan winter said:

watch Mads endlessly titivating

I don’t know what “titivating” means but maybe I have to go watch Mads’ channel again. Seemed like his channel was the only one NOT titivating.

7 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

I don’t know what “titivating” means but maybe I have to go watch Mads’ channel again. Seemed like his channel was the only one NOT titivating.

Titivating and titillating

8 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

"Titivating" = "To make small enhancements to something". 

Only... plenty of Mads' enhancements are not so small, at least in terms of labor expended. Oddly, my wife enjoys watching his channel, and she's not at all interested in boat maintenance. I think it's the relentless optimism. 

It's now a running joke in our household, any time something goes south, that we'll just slap a little thickened epoxy on it. 

2 hours ago, Oceanconcepts said:

"Titivating" = "To make small enhancements to something". 

Only... plenty of Mads' enhancements are not so small, at least in terms of labor expended. Oddly, my wife enjoys watching his channel, and she's not at all interested in boat maintenance. I think it's the relentless optimism. 

It's now a running joke in our household, any time something goes south, that we'll just slap a little thickened epoxy on it. 

Thanks. I prefer titivating without enhancements, natural, as God intended. But to each his own.

Poor Plucky

2 hours ago, Dogscout said:

https://youtu.be/dRbfh9PbVIs

Has this one been posted yet?  They are trying too hard to make it seem natural but I do see some bikini potential.

(1) Our Seawind 1600 Catamaran, Wanderlust, is Finally Here - Ep. 1 - YouTube

Well they appear to be the outliers of the genre. They can afford to do it and aren't begging for money, at least it appears that way.

17 minutes ago, bmiller said:

Well they appear to be the outliers of the genre. They can afford to do it and aren't begging for money, at least it appears that way.

Give them time. Everyone starts the grift at some point. Some to fund the whole thing, some to fund the videography. 

On 11/27/2020 at 10:57 PM, The Lucky One said:

Found a new one: 

These guys seem to be a part of a new YoutTube sailing genre of relishing mission impossible refits. Their buddies with the steel boat did a good job, but actually has something to work with. 

There is just nothing redeemable about that boat.

- It's too big for them.

- It's ugly

- It's not even classically old.

- It's wood

- It's rotten

- It probably sails abysmally

This is not like watching @Sail4beer's restoration of a wooden boat. Someone should send them a pack of matches and a gift card for a gallon of gasoline from the nearest petrol station.

• Like 2

Sails abysmally? I'd be surprised if it sails at all. Seems to be a Brazilian version of a gulet - masts and rigging are for show and design life is 10 years.

14 minutes ago, robtoujours said:

Sails abysmally? I'd be surprised if it sails at all. Seems to be a Brazilian version of a gulet - masts and rigging are for show and design life is 10 years.

Agreed. Maybe I missed the purpose and intended use of the vessel?

If their purpose is to fix it up and take people out for charter, it makes more sense. If their purpose is more to motor to coastal destinations with occasional wind assistance and liveaboard, I guess it could make sense...if you need an obscene amount of living space for two people.

If these two are planning any real sailing or serious passages, it's a poor choice.

the "sinking schooner": the rigging actually looks to be worth something..from the thumb nail the sails look good and two are mounted on furlers so trhgere is that.

A lovely young woman, Bahamian beaches, and the consensus-worst boat dog breed ever (Italian greyhound or whippet). It's all very nice, very dull.

On 11/24/2020 at 7:36 AM, Dogscout said:

but the new Bimbo just does not do anything for me.

haaaaaaaaaaaaa

you made me laugh and you don't even know why

4 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

this is how the genre swallows its own tail

Goodonem. Or was it goodriddance? 

8 minutes ago, IStream said:

Goodonem. Or was it goodriddance? 

I think it is good

they are having a good time - they take a load of old men with them for 15 minutes out of each week - if we can be bothered to watch

youtube has been throwing a lot of videos at me about blokes sailing 1 million dollar sailing machines around the world at high speed in some weird sailing event that is under way and only ever looking over the transoms while eating dried food

D

53 minutes ago, dacapo said:

haaaaaaaaaaaaa

you made me laugh and you don't even know why

I'll take a stab. You dated one of these women previously?

3 hours ago, Diarmuid said:

A lovely young woman, Bahamian beaches, and the consensus-worst boat dog breed ever (Italian greyhound or whippet). It's all very nice, very dull.

Holy shit - the opening 10 secs or so - couldn’t watch past that.  Almost seems like a parody.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2020 at 10:42 AM, The Gobbler said:

I always kinda liked Bobby, started out as a sailing vlogger, only his hook was sailing a 35' C&C lake boat around the Caribbean with two 100lb Labradoodles on board.  Then it turned into a mid-life crisis lifestyle channel after a hurricane ate his boat, then back to a full time sailing channel.  All with a revolving door of hot T&A, and oh yeah he got started after life kicked him in the nuts.

His vids became pretty repetitive, but he was the originator of the sailing livestream, and some of them were epic.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dilligaf0220 said:

I always kinda liked Bobby, started out as a sailing vlogger, only his hook was sailing a 35' C&C lake boat around the Caribbean with two 100lb Labradoodles on board.  Then it turned into a mid-life crisis lifestyle channel after a hurricane ate his boat, then back to a full time sailing channel.  All with a revolving door of hot T&A, and oh yeah he got started after life kicked him in the nuts.

His vids became pretty repetitive, but he was the originator of the sailing livestream, and some of them were epic.

I was watching this vid and it was OK.... he seems to be about listing the things he did rather than talking about them without much actual content.  Then 9:10 hit and I thought we starting a soft porn segment.

That girl looks like she's been fed a steady diet of red beans and rice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ajax said:

And bacon and ice cream and cake and ...

• Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, Dogscout said:

The hindmost one might be worth a look, if it weren't for the gold digger getup.

3 hours ago, Ajax said:

1 hour ago, Dogscout said:

yikes, you guys are harsh!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chester said:

yikes, you guys are harsh!

My comment was actually not meant as a criticism.  Where I'm from, "red beans and rice" is a slang way of saying that a woman is attractive without being willowy and frail.

In today's era of PC, white male oppression and privilege, I shouldn't have posted anything at all and now I regret it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ajax said:

My comment was actually not meant as a criticism.  Where I'm from, "red beans and rice" is a slang way of saying that a woman is attractive without being willowy and frail.

In today's era of PC, white male oppression and privilege, I shouldn't have posted anything at all and now I regret it.

kidding mostly, no worries

23 hours ago, dylan winter said:

youtube has been throwing a lot of videos at me about blokes sailing 1 million dollar sailing machines around the world at high speed in some weird sailing event that is under way and only ever looking over the transoms while eating dried food

6 women eating and competing  too.

https://www.vendeeglobe.org/en

1 hour ago, Ajax said:

Please don't ever regret what you say.  You are allowed to have an opinion.  Its yours, it does not require approval.

• Like 2

Big girls are more fun anyways.  :D

• Like 1

It's all good! Those girls are in on the act, playing the object role for Cap'n Doodles. 

5 hours ago, Ajax said:

In general, "white male oppression", if there is such a thing, seems to be mostly resentment that overt misogyny is not longer (as) acceptable (as it used to be).

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 8:23 PM, dylan winter said:

...and only ever looking over the transoms while eating dried food

D

Of course they're only looking over the transom, if they turn around they get a blast of a few tons of ice cold seawater strait in the face!

1 hour ago, Weyalan said:

In general, "white male oppression", if there is such a thing, seems to be mostly resentment that overt misogyny is not longer (as) acceptable (as it used to be).

Que?

6 minutes ago, olaf hart said:

Que?

Ajax said "In today's era of PC, white male oppression and privilege, I shouldn't have posted anything at all and now I regret it."

I suspect his tongue was in his cheek, because white males are, in my opinion, about as un-oppressed as any cohort can possibly be. It has been my experience that those who claim to be suffering oppression because they are white and male are generally simply unhappy that they can't be as racist and or sexist as they used to be back in the day...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Weyalan said:

Ajax said "In today's era of PC, white male oppression and privilege, I shouldn't have posted anything at all and now I regret it."

I suspect his tongue was in his cheek, because white males are, in my opinion, about as un-oppressed as any cohort can possibly be. It has been my experience that those who claim to be suffering oppression because they are white and male are generally simply unhappy that they can't be as racist and or sexist as they used to be back in the day...

I was saying that white males oppress, not that we are oppressed. But my tongue was in cheek for that as well. 

Hug it out, boys  :P

1 hour ago, Weyalan said:

Help, Help, I'm being repressed!

You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

• Like 2