Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

love it or hate it?

We find this paint scheme interesting - for about 2 minutes - then we realized we hate it. You? Photo from the ORC Worlds by Max Ranchi.

love it or hate it.jpg

I think it's cool. Now let's start another thread about deceiving the RC on the start line...

Not my cup of tea, but obviously an owner who can afford to change the look, and wants to stand out (not unusual for some folks with $). And if it's a wrap (as I suspect) and not paint, why not? He/she can have something different any time - not as costly as paint...

I like it - on someone else's boat.

Can't see it on a Hinckley or similar.

May they never need it, but:

Cammie gray or blue would not make an easy spot for the CG Helio crew...

White seems very nice to me.

Flip Flops are very light weight packable US Military shower shoes for disease prevention. The various forms of camouflage fabrics are just that when they blend with the environment. The two are only fashion for clueless tasteless losers.

I vote No. But, at least everyone can see the bottom of the social barrel and gene pool coming.

I guess they just could not think or spell a sport team to latch onto and identify with.

2015-New-Cool-Summer-Mans-Casual-Fashion

Would go perfect with a deck covered with stick on blobs of non skid - like all over the place

Pikers!

131122080853986537.jpg

WTF abomination of a camo job was that supposed to blend in with?

Pikers!

131122080853986537.jpg

It's not supposed to blend in with anything, just confuse any enemies as to which end is the bow/stern, and what its heading is. Makes it harder to zero in your guns.

Pikers!

131122080853986537.jpg

Very effective WWll raze dazzle. From a distance couldn't tell what direction it was headed or if it was just one ship. Several together with similar paint was very confusing as it was supposed to be.

Pikers!

131122080853986537.jpg

Very effective WWll raze dazzle. From a distance couldn't tell what direction it was headed or if it was just one ship. Several together with similar paint was very confusing as it was supposed to be.

yu

The smoke blowing aft is a bit of a clue...

Pikers!

131122080853986537.jpg

it wasnt meant to blend in.. When a submarine saw the ship at a distance.. They couldnt get wheather it was coming or going.. Or where the ship really was or speed.. So they couldnt get a good bearing to fire off a torpedo.. Was the claim of the dazzle paint job.

We find this paint scheme interesting - for about 2 minutes - then we realized we hate it. You? Photo from the ORC Worlds by Max Ranchi.

If somebody got sick or diarea.. It would blend into the paint job...

If you were racing against the Germans in Jutland it would be appropriate.

no.

don't hate it but there are stylish or even classy paint jobs and then there are juvenile paint jobs.

this one is juvenile

IMHO !

Sort of reminds me of the German one-tonner Sudpack back in 83/84..... The Me-bf109 colour scheme was not totally appreciated in some quarters.

Sudpack_2.jpg

Apparently worked.

"It was not until she was within half a mile that I could make out she was one ship [not several] steering a course at right angles, crossing from starboard to port. The dark painted stripes on her after part made her stern appear her bow, and a broad cut of green paint amidships looks like a patch of water. The weather was bright and visibility good; this was the best camouflage I have ever seen.[1]". ....a UBoat commander..

Fail. Only works if the crew, sails and spars carry the same pattern.

Who's the comedian that said "I went to the store to buy some camouflage shirts, but I couldn't find them!"

it's pretentious, imo. fail.

Dramatic maybe, even ugly depending on your taste but pretentious?

From the OED;

pretentious
Pronunciation: /prɪˈtɛnʃəs/
adjective

Attempting to impress by affecting greater importance or merit than is actually possessed: pretentious art films the pretentious jargon of wine experts

Fail. Only works if the crew, sails and spars carry the same pattern.

Who's the comedian that said "I went to the store to buy some camouflage shirts, but I couldn't find them!"

Could be wrong but sounds like Steven Wright...he's the guy that ...'bought some instant water the other day...came in a powder form...couldn't figure out what to mix it with...'

For me it falls in the same category as Platoon, the TP52. Neither hate it nor love it, simply not my cup of tea.

Does it inspire more of a Marmite reaction for others?