Sign in to follow this  
Hard On The Wind

Melania Trump plagiarized from Michelle Obama’s 2008 convention speech

I'm quibbling because you pretend not to be partisan, then take every partisan out you can get.

You think I am a Republican? Now that is funny. Unintentionally, I am sure, but funny nonetheless.

No, you've extensively explained how you aren't, you might be a Democrat if they didn't hate the guns. And then you post all of these things that aren't actually Democrat like at all. Like how about 2006 when W really started sucking everyone who'd been a Republican suddenly became an Independent... that acted like a Republican.

What things are not Democrat like at all? My stance on gay marriage and gay rights? My stance on immigration? My stance on taxes? My stance on trade? My stance on environmental issues? My stance on abortion? My stance on foreign policy? My stance on universal healthcare? Please, do tell.

Funny how the so called "Party of personal responsibility" is so dead set proving that one of their own was not responsible for plagiarism. The same woman who lied about a degree, plagiarized a speech from a leading Democrat of all people, and married a sociopath. Winner indeed.

Do do get mired in conventional thinking BL. So concrete and linear. How do you do with women?

What things are not Democrat like at all? My stance on gay marriage and gay rights? My stance on immigration? My stance on taxes? My stance on trade? My stance on environmental issues? My stance on abortion? My stance on foreign policy? My stance on universal healthcare? Please, do tell.

Oh, that's right it's that gun thing. But you aren't a single issue voter.

So I failed the purity test, is that it? As to the bolded, you finally got something right. Although I suspect that was unintentional as well.

The alphabet only has 26 letters, you'll find some similarities in every speech if you look hard. Where's the plagiarisation Ben?

"Writers know that it’s unlikely to hit on someone else’s words as closely as Melania Trump's speech copied Michelle Obama's. As my friend Terry Teachout once pointed out to me, highlighting as few as seven words of your own writing, and searching them in Google surrounded by quotation marks (which restricts the search to exact matches), is likely to produce exactly one hit: your work. And I’m not talking about elaborate sentences; I’m talking about boring fragments like “And I’m not talking about elaborate sentences.” That search returned no hits when I searched it this morning, and will return exactly one after this column is published."

...I don't even need to provide the source.

I decided to test your theory

You do what you say you are going to do 511 Million hits.

you work hard for what you want in life 162 Million hits

It's all just feel good blather.

But if you put both phrases in with quotes around them, you only get hits for stories about Michelle's speech and some current stories about Melania using the same phrases. I don't think this was intentional on the part of the campaign, but it was almost certainly pulled from Michelle's speech.

They are both cliches. They weren't original when Michelle said them and they weren't original when Melania said them. That's why I ran the test as stated. The test just sounded like bullshit. Anyone vetting this speech would simply pass over those words as meaningless blather when either of them said the words. Who in the hell would actually remember Michelle saying them? They simply don't rise to memorable or attributable. You write a speech about the crash of 1929 and someone says "wouldn't four score and seven years ago sound better than 87 years there was a huge stock market crash " That would get picked up immediately.

If it is a con it's a good example of the mean spirited shit that passes for political discourse today.

It's appears to be an attempt to make sure that nothing else said at the convention will be talked about for a day or so. Certainly we wouldn't want any quotes from Pat Smith, Mark Geist, John Tiegen, Kent Terry, or Kelly Terry-Willis to show up.

Funny how the so called "Party of personal responsibility" is so dead set proving that one of their own was not responsible for plagiarism. The same woman who lied about a degree, plagiarized a speech from a leading Democrat of all people, and married a sociopath. Winner indeed.

Do do get mired in conventional thinking BL. So concrete and linear. How do you do with women?

You want concrete and linear? Melania's old man was a communist party member in a corrupt Tito regime. The same communist party that only 5% of Slovenians belonged to, which brought about a lot of personal perks not available to the masses. So when she says her father's advice to work hard and play fair didn't hit you between the eyes with the unfolding red flag, I was surprised that no one seems to get it.

She was also spinning a free enterprise fantasy where none existed at any point in her communist upbringing life. This woman was relating a real American's childhood with stolen words. Everything about Donald and Melania is a fraud, and when you think that people actually want to put this pair in the White House, I continue to be stunned and disappointed.

Oh, that's right it's that gun thing. But you aren't a single issue voter.

So I failed the purity test, is that it? As to the bolded, you finally got something right. Although I suspect that was unintentional as well.

Of course you aren't. You just act like one. And you aren't a gun nut, you just ramble on about them any chance you get. Because that's normal or something.

Was it voting for Obama twice, or pining for Biden to enter the race, or hoping Sanders could pull a rabbit out of the hat, that made me look like a single issue voter?

I never said I was not a gun nut, so you got that wrong. I do like guns, and don't really care about whether that looks normal or not. Pretty much nothing about my life is normal, why should my hobbies be any different.

The alphabet only has 26 letters, you'll find some similarities in every speech if you look hard. Where's the plagiarisation Ben?

"Writers know that it’s unlikely to hit on someone else’s words as closely as Melania Trump's speech copied Michelle Obama's. As my friend Terry Teachout once pointed out to me, highlighting as few as seven words of your own writing, and searching them in Google surrounded by quotation marks (which restricts the search to exact matches), is likely to produce exactly one hit: your work. And I’m not talking about elaborate sentences; I’m talking about boring fragments like “And I’m not talking about elaborate sentences.” That search returned no hits when I searched it this morning, and will return exactly one after this column is published."

But if you put both phrases in with quotes around them, you only get hits for stories about Michelle's speech and some current stories about Melania using the same phrases. I don't think this was intentional on the part of the campaign, but it was almost certainly pulled from Michelle's speech.

They are both cliches. They weren't original when Michelle said them and they weren't original when Melania said them. That's why I ran the test as stated. The test just sounded like bullshit. Anyone vetting this speech would simply pass over those words as meaningless blather when either of them said the words. Who in the hell would actually remember Michelle saying them? They simply don't rise to memorable or attributable. You write a speech about the crash of 1929 and someone says "wouldn't four score and seven years ago sound better than 87 years there was a huge stock market crash " That would get picked up immediately.

If it is a con it's a good example of the mean spirited shit that passes for political discourse today.

It's appears to be an attempt to make sure that nothing else said at the convention will be talked about for a day or so. Certainly we wouldn't want any quotes from Pat Smith, Mark Geist, John Tiegen, Kent Terry, or Kelly Terry-Willis to show up.

They are cliches, but they were a unique compilation of cliches that were repeated nearly verbatim. I don't disagree that the media's time would be better spent on other more important issues, but the Trump campaign is not helping itself with it's response here either. They could have just tossed the bozo who lifted the words, said oops, and the media would have moved on in relatively short order.

You want concrete and linear? Melania's old man was a communist party member in a corrupt Tito regime. The same communist party that only 5% of Slovenians belonged to, which brought about a lot of personal perks not available to the masses. So when she says her father's advice to work hard and play fair didn't hit you between the eyes with the unfolding red flag, I was surprised that no one seems to get it.

She was also spinning a free enterprise fantasy where none existed at any point in her communist upbringing life. This woman was relating a real American's childhood with stolen words. Everything about Donald and Melania is a fraud, and when you think that people actually want to put this pair in the White House, I continue to be stunned and disappointed.

Re: Melania is HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT
Posted by: cut and paste ()
Date: July 19, 2016 01:43PM

Her father was a communist party member in a corrupt Tito regime ... She was spinning a free enterprise fairy tale ... In other words, the whole tale was a fraud, not ONLY the words. What underlay it was untrue.

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/2257910/2258466.html

I don't know or even care about you for that matter but I could stare at those tits for hours. You probably get aroused at the sight of a shirtless Putin.

Now you go and "you probably..." my ass. You're not Folding Prop, are you?

Everything about Donald and Melania is a fraud, and when you think that people actually want to put this pair in the White House, I continue to be stunned and disappointed.

Exactly. Well said.

I think Hillary is a power hungry, disingenuous, lying, amoral cunt and I am considering voting for her if Georgia is contested.

Well it looks like the Trump Scampaign has settled on a scape goat.

Ex-lobbyist Rick Gates, 44, of Richmond Virginia, is being named as the man at the center of the plagiarism
Sources inside the Donald Trump campaign and the Republican Party are pointing fingers at an aide they say is responsible for the Melania Trump plagiarism storm – a man who was the campaign chairman's lobbying partner before he came aboard the Trump train.

Sources inside the Donald Trump campaign and the Republican Party are pointing fingers at an aide they say is responsible for the Melania Trump plagiarism storm – a man who was the campaign chairman's lobbying partner before he came aboard the Trump train.

Rick Gates was named to DailyMail.com by several sources with knowledge of the steps that led to Melania Trump delivering a partly plagiarized speech Monday night.

Gates is a former long-time lobbying partner of Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and now faces demands that his head should roll.

The campaign has shown no sign of moving in that direction, however.

Two plugged-in Trump aides and three Republican National Convention officials confirmed that Gates, the deputy convention manager in charge of putting down a 'NeverTrump' rebellion on Monday, also had final authority to sign off on Mrs. Trump's remarks and those of many other speakers.

Gates sought to distance himself from the controversy on Tuesday, telling CNN it was 'absolutely not' true that he oversaw the proc

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3697909/Named-Donald-Trump-aide-let-Melania-speak-Michelle-Obama-s-words-Campaign-chairman-s-former-lobbying-partner-faces-calls-sacked-Republican-s-team-plunged-civil-war.html

I think Hillary is a power hungry, disingenuous, lying, amoral cunt and I am considering voting for her if Georgia is contested.

An American Maggie Thatcher.

I feel for her it is obvious that she is not comfortable in this role. She does not have the luxury of political experience. I know my wife dreads public speaking she worries about her accent ( I love her accent) and mispronouncing words. Even writing a speech in English is a challenge she sometimes translates Brazilian idioms into English and of course they make no sense in English.

So I feel for Mrs. Trump. For a first time in a second language I think she did fine.

She is also right or whoever wrote the speech was when she said that you can judge a person by the children they raised. By any measure the Trump kids seem level headed and decent.

Attempts to attack her for this speech are rather pathetic and smell of desperation and a scorched earth policy . Typical of the Clinton's. They play to win any way they can. I think that is all that matter to them.

Have any of you asked yourself why does Hillary want to be president? I have not heard a single vision statement from her lips. I see the usual boilerplate promises of money and programs but what is her vision? What is her purpose.

Is it just power, money and "I was the first woman"? Is she running for her or for us?

You say "Typical of the Clinton's (sic)".

What has Hillary said about this episode? Do tell.

Of course, we now know who the Trump campaign blames - Hillary Clinton.

Trump comes out with a statement:

13669638_10154276539242808_5541795134290

I guess what Trump said about immigrants stealing from hard working Americans is true.

I don't know or even care about you for that matter but I could stare at those tits for hours. You probably get aroused at the sight of a shirtless Putin.

Now you go and "you probably..." my ass. You're not Folding Prop, are you?

Mr.Wynn. I frequented PA back in the presidential elections in 2008 and 2012 under a different alcoholic beverage name. I changed jobs recently and lost access to my corporate email account. I couldn't remember my password so I rejoined as Coors Light. It happens to be my beverage of choice on a hot day out on the water. Just to set the record straight, I am not a fan of Mr.Trump but even less so of Mrs.Clinton and her husband. I probably will vote for Gary Johnson unless something drastically changes between now and election day. I went back and read some of Mr.Prop's posts and I think he was banned.
Thank you for taking time from your tit staring to post this denial. How many hours did you get in today?

I call bullshit! Following was lifted from th NYT. Please read the texts. The extent of the plagiarism appears to be speaking about having sound core principles. There are only so many ways to present this in a speech.

I don't like Trump. It this is a case where "haters are gonna hate."

Trump: From a young age, my parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life, that your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise, that you treat people with respect. They taught and showed me values and morals in their daily lives. That is a lesson that I continue to pass along to our son. And we need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow. Because we want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

Mrs. Obama, in her 2008 speech: Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say youre going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you dont know them, and even if you dont agree with them. And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children and all children in this nation to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

Ms. Trump: I was born in Slovenia, a small, beautiful and then-Communist country in Central Europe. My sister, Ines, who is an incredible woman and a friend, and I were raised by my wonderful parents. My elegant and hard-working mother, Amalija, introduced me to fashion and beauty. My father, Viktor, instilled in me a passion for business and travel. Their integrity, compassion and intelligence reflects to this day on me and for my love of family and America.

Mrs. Obama, in 2008:

And I come here as a daughter raised on the South Side of Chicago by a father who was a blue-collar city worker and a mother who stayed at home with my brother and me. My mothers love has always been a sustaining force for our family, and one of my greatest joys is seeing her integrity, her compassion and her intelligence reflected in my own daughters.

It seems Michelle's father didn't impress her much.

I feel for her it is obvious that she is not comfortable in this role. She does not have the luxury of political experience. I know my wife dreads public speaking she worries about her accent ( I love her accent) and mispronouncing words. Even writing a speech in English is a challenge she sometimes translates Brazilian idioms into English and of course they make no sense in English.

So I feel for Mrs. Trump. For a first time in a second language I think she did fine.

She is also right or whoever wrote the speech was when she said that you can judge a person by the children they raised. By any measure the Trump kids seem level headed and decent.

Attempts to attack her for this speech are rather pathetic and smell of desperation and a scorched earth policy . Typical of the Clinton's. They play to win any way they can. I think that is all that matter to them.

Have any of you asked yourself why does Hillary want to be president? I have not heard a single vision statement from her lips. I see the usual boilerplate promises of money and programs but what is her vision? What is her purpose.

Is it just power, money and "I was the first woman"? Is she running for her or for us?

I don't blame your wife one bit. You never know when a word like 'corpsman' will roll up the teleprompter.

They must have great respect for Michelle.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

That's it yeah.

We'll have to see if they start calling Melania an ape and a baboon after using such liberal sounding words.

Why would they call Melania an ape or baboon for using liberal sounding words?

So you are saying they Republicans were calling Michelle Obama cruel monkey names...not because she's a liberal?

What possible reason could they have for referring to her as a simian of a non-human species, I wonder then.

That's it yeah.

We'll have to see if they start calling Melania an ape and a baboon after using such liberal sounding words.

So you are saying they Republicans were calling Michelle Obama cruel monkey names...not because she's a liberal?

What possible reason could they have for referring to her as a simian of a non-human species, I wonder then.

Rockdog and his elk are just bummed that every US sports franchise will be retiring the #44

What the Trump campaign enjoys is a practical immunity from anything. I don't expect a defense or explanation in the morning. They will deny it ever happened and everyone will just move on.

Who cares? Did anybody die? How much did Mrs.Trump get paid for giving the speech?

"Writers know that its unlikely to hit on someone elses words as closely as Melania Trump's speech copied Michelle Obama's. As my friend Terry Teachout once pointed out to me, highlighting as few as seven words of your own writing, and searching them in Google surrounded by quotation marks (which restricts the search to exact matches), is likely to produce exactly one hit: your work. And Im not talking about elaborate sentences; Im talking about boring fragments like And Im not talking about elaborate sentences. That search returned no hits when I searched it this morning, and will return exactly one after this column is published."

Try putting quotes around it like Frenchie suggests.

I did and it returned endless pages including one claiming Michelle stole her 2007 words from a 1992 book by an African Author.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-19/did-michelle-obama-also-borrow-her-2008-speech

21297bc.jpg

That is pretty funny.

And the hubby feels the need to defend the size of his hands.

Sounds like a powerful couple ready to take on the world.

Any suggestion that this speech was written by an unpaid intern or college kid is asinine.

Even a slam-dunk Senate race for a five term Senator in a piss-ant state like Rhode Island had a full time speech writer/PR guy, who was the second highest paid campaign staffer after the campaign manager. There is NO WAY some 23 year old wannabe wrote the speech for the potential first lady on the opening night of the GOP convention without any of the "adults" (and I use that term loosely in Trumplandia) in the room checking it out. In no world ever do unpaid, inexperienced kids get primary speech writing duties on a presidential campaign.

The more likely scenario is that Trump is using the PR flacks that have been helping him defraud small businesses, chase tail, and declare bankruptcy repeatedly while still keeping the shine on his image. Outside of the legality of that (wanna bet it never occurred to him to move them on the campaign payroll?), if they've been doing PR of the Donald for years, he's probably used to them and trusts them. But there may be a problem with that.

Namely, they're corporate PR shills, not politically savvy speechwriters. They're used to writing a different message for a different audience. So they had to Google "What does a first lady say" to come up with some ideas, and lacking the background in political speech writing completely failed to realize the impact of lifting words from another political figure. A political speechwriter, the ones I've known, and I've known one or two, are pretty savvy about past political speeches. They have some idea of the major and not so major speeches given by a lot of people over the years because they've read and watched them in studying for their craft. So a political speechwriter wouldn't summon up something from Google like a corporate PR staffer might, and he/she would often recognize snippets of an important speech.

Melania wouldn't notice, I'm sure she just read what they put in front of her. I doubt she paid two seconds of attention to US politics before being thrust into this role, so she also would not have recognized who she was plagiarizing.

Yeah, we're all responsible for the words that come out of our months that we claim are our own, as well as what we claim we've written. But Melania...I am 100% sure...didn't go out and crib words from the actual First Lady. A couple of Trump Industries PR stooges more likely did.

And not some stupid intern.

It would be a disastrous move for any Democrat, and any honest Republican. But Trump? Not so much, is my guess. His supporters won't care - he is correct in that he could shoot someone live on TV in prime time and they'd still vote for him.

P.S. - Yes, if fucking IS plagiarism. If the standard used to boot a college kid in the nuts for cheating is the bar you are aiming for for "original thought" you failed. Quit defending that the speech wasn't cribbed, it was. This has been demonstrated.

There's an element of that explanation that is compelling. Namely, they're corporate PR shills, not politically savvy speechwriters. Would this lifting fly in the corporate world, in the Trump real estate sales seminar world? In a heartbeat. Corporate PR would do this and moreover no one in the Trump 'campaign' would notice. It could even explain the Rick rolling, although that'd require an extra level of stupidity on the part of the campaign. A 23 wannabe would nip that right in the bud.

It was a fuck up without a doubt and a black mark on the campaign, she and Donald should be pissed. But Obama's plagiarism illustrated above demonstrates that it would not be disastrous for any Democrat.

It was a fuck up without a doubt and a black mark on the campaign, she and Donald should be pissed. But the Obama's plagiarism illustrated above demonstrates that it would not be disastrous for any Democrat.

So long as we have the "THEY DID IT TOO" defense all is good then? I was thinking of Joe Biden's presidential bid back in what...1988? Fuck I'm old.

But then again, we had different standards back then.

There's an element of that explanation that is compelling. Namely, they're corporate PR shills, not politically savvy speechwriters. Would this lifting fly in the corporate world, in the Trump real estate sales seminar world? In a heartbeat. Corporate PR would do this and moreover no one in the Trump 'campaign' would notice. It could even explain the Rick rolling, although that'd require an extra level of stupidity on the part of the campaign. A 23 wannabe would nip that right in the bud.

Who reads press releases from corporate entities for crap like that? No one...

It was a fuck up without a doubt and a black mark on the campaign, she and Donald should be pissed. But the Obama's plagiarism illustrated above demonstrates that it would not be disastrous for any Democrat.

So long as we have the "THEY DID IT TOO" defense all is good then? I was thinking of Joe Biden's presidential bid back in what...1988? Fuck I'm old.

You were the one who brought up standards for Democrats.

I did and it returned endless pages including one claiming Michelle stole her 2007 words from a 1992 book by an African Author.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-19/did-michelle-obama-also-borrow-her-2008-speech

It was a fuck up without a doubt and a black mark on the campaign, she and Donald should be pissed. But Obama's plagiarism illustrated above demonstrates that it would not be disastrous for any Democrat.

This is fun. So if you read the ZeroHedge article it starts with a question:

Did Michelle Obama Also "Borrow" For Her 2008 Speech

And then it ends with:

We leave it up to readers to decide if the alleged plagiarist plagiarized from another alleged plagiarist, and what - if any - message this sends about the "authenticity" of US politicians.

From this we get TM saying

one claiming Michelle stole her 2007 words

It didn't claim and that was actually 2008 but who's checking.

Then from that we get Dog chiming in:

But Obama's plagiarism illustrated above

Not sure if he meant Barrack or Michele but nothing was illustrated.

Like I said, this is fun. Keep it up.

This is fun. So if you read the ZeroHedge article it starts with a question:

Did Michelle Obama Also "Borrow" For Her 2008 Speech

And then it ends with:

We leave it up to readers to decide if the alleged plagiarist plagiarized from another alleged plagiarist, and what - if any - message this sends about the "authenticity" of US politicians.

From this we get TM saying

one claiming Michelle stole her 2007 words

It didn't claim and that was actually 2008 but who's checking.

Then from that we get Dog chiming in:

But Obama's plagiarism illustrated above

Not sure if he meant Barrack or Michele but nothing was illustrated.

Like I said, this is fun. Keep it up.

I was referring to the Deval Patrick "just words" clip. I did not read the zeroHedge thing.

Politicians have no standards. Americans think ‘winning Isn’t everything. It’s the only thing’ so says Vince Lombardi. Republicans and Democrats are largely politicians and American. What, you expect them to not cheat at winning?

Obama apologized for taking clips from his friends speeches, Deval Patrick helped defuse that situation by saying he was my friend and had full permission.

n 2008, Slate’s Jack Shafer noted how well Obama fared against Clinton’s accusations. A lot of that had to do with the Obama-Patrick relationship and their similarities. He wrote:

Patrick and Obama, who rely on the same campaign wizard, David Axelrod, have shared enough campaign rhetoric to be declared separated at birth, as this
article from 10 months ago shows. Here’s additional
of Patrick-Obama sharing from Jake Tapper’s blog. As someone who has endorsed and advised Obama, Patrick occupies the position of a campaign volunteer or even a collaborator. Given the conventions of campaign oratory, I’d have a hard time diagnosing plagiarism on Obama’s part—as opposed to poor form—unless Patrick alleged that his friend fleeced his words, which he hasn’t and won’t.

That's why it didn't have the same fire and why everyone just ignored it.

Obama apologized for taking clips from his friends speeches, Deval Patrick helped defuse that situation by saying he was my friend and had full permission.

n 2008, Slates Jack Shafer noted how well Obama fared against Clintons accusations. A lot of that had to do with the Obama-Patrick relationship and their similarities. He wrote:

Patrick and Obama, who rely on the same campaign wizard, David Axelrod, have shared enough campaign rhetoric to be declared separated at birth, as this Boston Globe article from 10 months ago shows. Heres additional evidence of Patrick-Obama sharing from Jake Tappers blog. As someone who has endorsed and advised Obama, Patrick occupies the position of a campaign volunteer or even a collaborator. Given the conventions of campaign oratory, Id have a hard time diagnosing plagiarism on Obamas partas opposed to poor formunless Patrick alleged that his friend fleeced his words, which he hasnt and wont.

That's why it didn't have the same fire and why everyone just ignored it.

Nothing to do with the media's love affair with Mr.Obama, wouldn't you say?

Completely different responses.

1. Perp admits mistake.

2. Perp denies reality.

Media spend more time on second one because of party affiliation.

That's it yeah.

Who is 'they'? Probably the same people who did all the Curious George' pics of Bush.

How many different ways can you mention where you are from, your parent, and siblings in one or two brief paragraphs?

How many different ways can you mention where you are from, your parent, and siblings in one or two brief paragraphs?

There's no excusing it Somebody really fucked up.

In different nouns, vowels, and sequence. I'm not sure. 10,000 maybe?

It was copied from Big Booty Obama's speech - big fucking deal. I just don't see why it matters. She is not running for any office. It would be more relevant to hear from Donald's ex-wives. They would be more reliable character witnesses. Where are they anyway?

In different nouns, vowels, and sequence. I'm not sure. 10,000 maybe?

I'm just not seeing the big deal.

The RickRoll is hilarious. Intended or not that part could be turned into a positive.

It was copied from Big Booty Obama's speech - big fucking deal. I just don't see why it matters. She is not running for any office.

I would respect that response from the Trump campaign as opposed to the denial of reality they went with.

He simply isn't accountable for anything. If Trump were to climb onto the podium and take a long runny shit on it, they'd be denying the next day before the smell was out of the room. And half the idiots here would be defending it with someyhing about Hillary Clinton.

Is Potsie speaking tonight?

Well, they don't have a Katie Perry so...

In case some you don't know, Baio recently started in a kids TV sitcom on Disney or Nickelodeon or something like that. I'd rather Katie's big jugs but they're only available to the Dems.

In case some you don't know, Baio recently started in a kids TV sitcom on Disney or Nickelodeon or something like that. .

Interesting. I would have thought he was on Happy Days so long that he would have used up all possible lines in the English language.

Mrs. Trump (version 3.0) is relieved because you can just take things from black people in this country. - The Onion

Mrs. Trump (version 3.0) is relieved because you can just take things from black people in this country. - The Onion

Once your dignity is gone not much else matters.

In case some you don't know, Baio recently started in a kids TV sitcom on Disney or Nickelodeon or something like that. .

Interesting. I would have thought he was on Happy Days so long that he would have used up all possible lines in the English language.

There's only one way to say 'sit on it'.

It was copied from Big Booty Obama's speech - big fucking deal. I just don't see why it matters. She is not running for any office.

I would respect that response from the Trump campaign as opposed to the denial of reality they went with.

He simply isn't accountable for anything. If Trump were to climb onto the podium and take a long runny shit on it, they'd be denying the next day before the smell was out of the room. And half the idiots here would be defending it with someyhing about Hillary Clinton.

When did you get appointed the arbiter of "reality"?

Well, she DID marry an orange buffoon with really terrible hair and small hands. So yeah, the dignity thing probably isn't her long suit.

I am beginning to worry Donnie will murder someone in Nrw York city on election day eve to seal his victory.

His supporters are the fruitiness bunch since those of Reverend Moon.

Well, she DID marry an orange buffoon with really terrible hair and small hands. So yeah, the dignity thing probably isn't her long suit.

There's a rumor that she tried to go to work for Fox News, but the interview process left a bad taste in her mouth.

When did you get appointed the arbiter of "reality"?

4 days after you were appointed the arbiter of butthurt.

I know... In regard to a joint celebration it was agonizingly close.

So your reality is Trump taking a runny shit? Perfect.

You're squealing a lot about nothing Ben. It's a bit bitchy, but that's you.

So your reality is Trump taking a runny shit? Perfect.

You're squealing a lot about nothing Ben. It's a bit bitchy, but that's you.

Well... If "that's me" I guess you've finally acknowledged that can't change me and will now shut the fuck up about it.

I did some Google-Fu on Melania and the hard-working born a poor black child thing is ROFLMAO funny.

Her family *was* in the 1% of communist Yugoslavia and apparently her father could swing a Mercedes or Maserati for the family whip while all the good proles were making do with a Yugo.

She was/is (depending on your taste and all) very pretty, went off to modeling school, met a billionaire and got married at a young age. Not that that is bad, but GMAFB. Actually the speech sounds like lame boilderplate when it was originally given by the original speaker too :rolleyes:

David Frum gives Donald Trump a haircut.

On Tuesday night, Melania Trump delivered a speech that included passages lifted from Michelle Obama’s 2008 address to the Democratic National Convention. Here are ten reasons why Melania Trump’s speech matters and will continue to matter.

1) Melania Trump’s speech was the first and best opportunity to humanize Donald Trump. That opportunity was not only wasted, but the whole project of humanizing Trump has become a farce that will haunt the later attempts by Trump’s children to undo Monday night’s debacle.

2) The speech has unleashed a cycle of internal finger-pointing and blame-shifting that will consume Trump’s already dysfunctional campaign. Even more fatally, the cycle of recrimination now threatens to extend into Trump’s most intimate advice group: his family. Suppose now that Donald Trump’s children by his previous marriages succeed where Melania so humiliatingly failed. What does that unleash in Trump’s delicately blended family?

3) Since Sunday, every journalist at this convention has been collecting examples of the Trump campaign’s failures and incompetence: the quarrel with Ohio Governor John Kasich, the absent senators and governors, the no-show donors, the convention’s financial embarrassments, the floor fight over rules, the lack of a proper schedule, and the defective apps and other technology. Suddenly, there is one easy-to-understand incident that encapsulates in one grim joke all this convention’s cavalcade of derp

4) To this point, the Hillary Clinton campaign has been unsure how to attack Donald Trump. There has been noticeable hesitation, uncertainty, and even mutually refuting contradictions in its early attacks. How can Trump both be a cynical con man and a dangerous extremist hate-monger? Now at last the script writes itself: Trump as doofus, the guy who went broke running a casino—and can’t even find someone to write an ordinarily competent speech for his wife’s big self-introduction to the American public.

5) Trump has just vividly demonstrated that his campaign—never mind the campaign, he himself—have zero skill at crisis management. Confronted with this comically absurd failure, their instinct is not only to lie, shift blame, and refuse responsibility, but to do so in laughably unbelievable ways. It’s all a big joke when the crisis in question is a plagiarized speech by a would-be first lady. It won’t be so funny when a President Trump tries to manage a truly life-and-death crisis in the same blundering, dopey, and cowardly way.

6) The incident throws a harpoon into the heart of the Trump campaign’s racial politics. Trump’s message: Non-white people are ripping off hard-working white Americans who play by the rules. “They” cheat; “we" lose. Could there be a sharper reversal of that racialized complaint than Melania Trump in her designer dress stealing Michelle Obama’s heartfelt words?

7) Everybody will now want to know more about Melania Trump. As theoutstanding profile by Julia Ioffe in GQ makes clear: It’s a story full of uncomfortable secrets. They won’t now stay secret long.

8) One role of a presidential candidate’s spouse is to function as the most sought-after surrogate, especially at fundraising events. A capable spouse effectively doubles the candidate’s own campaigning hours—more than doubles them, because she or he can relieve the candidate of speaking to party loyalists, whose votes are not in question, to free time for reaching swing voters and persuadables. Melania Trump has just been removed from that board, probably for good. Ivanka can substitute, perhaps, but that image then keeps alive the memory of the most disturbing of all Trump’s disturbing moments.

9) Plagiarism draws attention to content of the passage plagiarized. In 2008, Michelle Obama summed up the values that she had learned from her parents and that she and Barack Obama now tried to instill in their children: work hard; tell the truth; keep your promises; treat others with dignity and respect. Donald Trump epically does not tell the truth, does not keep his promises, and does not treat others with dignity and respect. A plagiarized speech (and the failure to detect the plagiarism) pretty strongly confirms that the Trumps do not much care about hard work, either. "Thine own mouth condemneth thee, and not I: yea, thine own lips testify against thee.”

10) The mood of Republicans at this convention was already embattled, defensive, and pessimistic. Conventions are, among other things, important fundraising opportunities—and as Ken Vogel reports in Politico today, the state of Trump’s fundraising remains calamitous. Even Trump’s own named finance directors are not giving money. That mood of pessimism must be even grayer the day after Melania’s speech than the day before. http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/07/melania-trumps-speech-matters/492038/#article-comments

Look - the whole family is in on it! :lol:

It appears that at least a couple lines in Donald Trump Jrs speech were lifted from an essay in The American Conservative (full article here), without attribution.

Someone is punking the shit out of family Trump. Where's Marla?

Wow these people don't have a clue do they? Wherever they swim from now on there will be sharks circling , even an idiot could figure that much out.

Wow these people don't have a clue do they? Wherever they swim from now on there will be sharks circling , even an idiot could figure that much out.

Even an idiot? :rolleyes:

Even fuk fuk hoe

The same guy wrote both versions, the AC piece, and the speech. I sure hope he didn't read that from a teleprompter.

Lucky for him.

Well, it looks like the Democrats finally have an issue of National Importance to run on.

If you are a journalist, I have crated some new campaign buttons for you. Since journalistic ethics require full disclosure and all ...

hillary_button_el_president.jpg

hillary_button_Inmate.jpg

hillary_button_president2.jpg

Well, it looks like the Democrats finally have an issue of National Importance to run on.

If you are a journalist, I have crated some new campaign buttons for you. Since journalistic ethics require full disclosure and all ...

hillary_button_el_president.jpg

hillary_button_Inmate.jpg

hillary_button_president2.jpg

You don't have time to play Jack, those plunging numbers in the Republican party could blow your computer this time.

Wasn't regarding her.

Lots of people marry into money though. Can you blame them?

In reality the guy must do some things right. For a guy with that kind of lifestyle I haven't even heard of his kids until recently.

I am beginning to worry Donnie will murder someone in Nrw York city on election day eve to seal his victory.

His supporters are the fruitiness bunch since those of Reverend Moon.

See, Gouv, you are the kind of douche bag you complain about. I guess that makes you a double-douche.

I did some Google-Fu on Melania and the hard-working born a poor black child thing is ROFLMAO funny.

Her family *was* in the 1% of communist Yugoslavia and apparently her father could swing a Mercedes or Maserati for the family whip while all the good proles were making do with a Yugo.

She was/is (depending on your taste and all) very pretty, went off to modeling school, met a billionaire and got married at a young age. Not that that is bad, but GMAFB. Actually the speech sounds like lame boilderplate when it was originally given by the original speaker too :rolleyes:

She actually never eluded to having a rough upbringing. Quite the opposite actually.

Try just testing the hypothesis fairly.

This morning, when I read the quoted paragraph, I had a dozen tabs open, various news articles... I tried this with ten of them.

Copy/paste a sentence fragment - any seven words, from any article - into google.

Put quotes on either end.

Hit return.

In all ten cases, that returned a single result: the article I'd pulled it from.

edit:

"Who in the hell would actually remember" - zero results.

"write a speech about the crash of 1929" - zero results.

mmm, let's try the mythical front page.

The "one bronze" article.

"That is what is projected for the"

oh, come on, that's got to be a ridiculously common string of words...

one result: the article on SA's front page.

When the delegates discover they gave a standing ovation to a Michelle Obama speech....

She actually never eluded to having a rough upbringing. Quite the opposite actually.

So then, those dreams of hers weren't that big. And she didn't really work that hard to get where she is.

Quite the opposite of what Mrs Obama achieved.

A bit of irony to go with the plagiarism.