Sign in to follow this  
Hard On The Wind

Melania Trump plagiarized from Michelle Obama’s 2008 convention speech

Now that the that it has been officially admitted that it WAS plagiarism, will any of our Trump defenders here finally admit that it's not "just a bunch of random words?"

Bill spent eight years as CIC, and that includes being the ultimate boss of the CIA. Thousands of "daily briefs" (ahem) gotten deeply into. He has probably forgotten more about getting agents well rooted than John le Carre could have hoped to someday know.

Dastardly deeds indeed, she's a D!

Seeing how low an opinion his Art of the Deal ghostwriter has of him, perhaps McIver also thinks he is a clown and secretly hates him.

She could have put a few Easter Eggs in the speech not realizing how scrutinized the speech was going to be.

Trump throws her under the bus.... What a standpipe guy!

Now that the that it has been officially admitted that it WAS plagiarism, will any of our Trump defenders here finally admit that it's not "just a bunch of random words?"

Damn, this is going to be bad for them. To show they accept the honesty of the Trump campaign, they have to back off on their defence of the Trump campaign. That's going to cause some major headaches for Team "I don't endorse Trump, but do defend & will vote for him".

The Trump campaign sounds like the guy on Cops who gets caught with meth and tries every excuse in the book up to and including "These aren't my pants I am wearing" in denying the plagiarism.

Then they finally get the advice of a lawyer and pay someone to stand up in court and say "He was wearing my pants"

The Trump campaign sounds like the guy on Cops who gets caught with meth and tries every excuse in the book up to and including "These aren't my pants I am wearing" in denying the plagiarism.

Then they finally get the advice of a lawyer and pay someone to stand up in court and say "He was wearing my pants"

".... Rochelle! Why you do me this way!? Rochelle! Why you do me like this!?....."

"Oh Jazoo! Oh Jazoo! Oh Jazoo, my Jazoo, Oh Jayzoo!...."

"Ma'am, is this the man you....."

"Oh Jayzoo!...."

"Rochelle why you do me like this!?"

Sol, I think we're on the same page and the same paragraph. Dems ain't perfect and I can't stand several of my local Dems.

But I'm pleased with Oakland's new mayor. I hope she moves up the ladder.

Sol, you KNOW we have a spending problem, not a revenue problem, doncha?

h

I actually think we have a welfare problem. It's just that I classify the F35 as welfare.

I've left both parties during my lifetime, and I do not anticipate going back. I like to look at the numbers after a President's term(s) to make my mind up about his success or failure. Rhetoric does not cut it with me. Logical fallacies do not cut it. Trying to shift debt to the next guy doesn't cut it. Show me the results.

If the GOP's record matched its rhetoric, they would never lose a presidential election. That is a major part of why I quit The Party. Bush II was a disaster, an unmitigated disaster, who perpetrated the myth that we could just leave the cost of his wars off of the budget. Those bills come due, as do the costs of picking up the pieces when the people who were too smart to fail crashed our economy. The GOP loves welfare, as long as it is for those who have just about everything already.

The Party has needed a major restructuring for a long time. Our country needs a viable conservative party that panders to the highest possible common denominator instead of the lowest, that really espouses fiscal responsibility, and actually delivers it, without a bunch of religious and or social conservative gibberish thrown in.

Got a suggested read for you -

A New Biography Says George W. Bush Really Was the Decider

"Rarely in the history of the United States has the nation been so ill-served as during the presidency of George W. Bush," Smith writes in the first sentence of the preface.

And then he gets harsh.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/24/books/review/george-w-bush-biography-by-jean-edward-smith.html?_r=0

Got a suggested read for you -

A New Biography Says George W. Bush Really Was the Decider

"Rarely in the history of the United States has the nation been so ill-served as during the presidency of George W. Bush," Smith writes in the first sentence of the preface.

And then he gets harsh.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/24/books/review/george-w-bush-biography-by-jean-edward-smith.html?_r=0

"In Armageddon," Morris outlines his attack plan on Hillary:

• She is a “compulsive, pathological and serial liar” that must be exposed – he reveals the evidence

• Hillary lost any claim to “commander-in-chief” after Benghazi – new details show she covered up her role

• She will put America again into another needless war

• She is “obsessively secret and paranoid” – Morris reveals never before known details that show her to be the “controller-in-chief”

• She is very vulnerable to criminal prosecution right now – and may be the target of impeachment hearings almost from day one of any Hillary presidency

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/dick-morris-armageddon-hillary-clinton-trump/2016/06/27/id/735936/#ixzz4Ezm53hQn

When I announced my name change to Juan de Fuca it was because I was bored with BL after 20,000 posts. At the suggestion of others, I reverted back to my original name, but could not access my old email address as my username in my previous email had become corrupted. Scot tried many times to fix it and at the end of the day simply gave up, so instead of badlatitude you see Bad Latitude. I may change it in the future just to drive Shadow mad as he has done with us what with his many changes over the years. I'm sure that B.J. didn't begin to explore all the name changes of whatsisname.

I've got 2 websites running the invision power board software. If you access the MySQL database directly you can do anything.Use phpMyAdmin to make changes to the underlying tables.

You're joking right?

Just reading that this McIver woman is a registered democrat..... as such, speech writer and dem, you think she would know something about Michelle Obama's speeches.....

Just reading that this McIver woman is a registered democrat..... as such, speech writer and dem, you think she would know something about Michelle Obama's speeches.....

Her bio is just now being released and states she has been a writer for Trump since 2001. And is friends with John Miller and John Barron. I am thinking she is also comfortable on a D10 Caterpillar.

Drink up dude.

Got a suggested read for you -A New Biography Says George W. Bush Really Was the Decider

And then he gets harsh.http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/24/books/review/george-w-bush-biography-by-jean-edward-smith.html?_r=0

"In Armageddon," Morris outlines his attack plan on Hillary:• She is a “compulsive, pathological and serial liar” that must be exposed – he reveals the evidence• Hillary lost any claim to “commander-in-chief” after Benghazi – new details show she covered up her role• She will put America again into another needless war• She is “obsessively secret and paranoid” – Morris reveals never before known details that show her to be the “controller-in-chief”• She is very vulnerable to criminal prosecution right now – and may be the target of impeachment hearings almost from day one of any Hillary presidency http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/dick-morris-armageddon-hillary-clinton-trump/2016/06/27/id/735936/#ixzz4Ezm53hQn

We all know that Sean is a hypocrite. He hates the war criminal Bush for the sole reason that he does not represent the half of the duopoly that she identifies with. It's an identity thing and has nothing to do with morals or ethics just like the rest of the hypocrites and partisan dupes that constantly troll this forum looking for self worth and finding none..

I did some Google-Fu on Melania and the hard-working born a poor black child thing is ROFLMAO funny.

Her family *was* in the 1% of communist Yugoslavia and apparently her father could swing a Mercedes or Maserati for the family whip while all the good proles were making do with a Yugo.

She was/is (depending on your taste and all) very pretty, went off to modeling school, met a billionaire and got married at a young age. Not that that is bad, but GMAFB. Actually the speech sounds like lame boilderplate when it was originally given by the original speaker too :rolleyes:

She actually never eluded to having a rough upbringing. Quite the opposite actually.
So then, those dreams of hers weren't that big. And she didn't really work that hard to get where she is.

Quite the opposite of what Mrs Obama achieved.

A bit of irony to go with the plagiarism.

People as attractive as Melania usually don't have to work very hard. People as attractive as Michelle usually do. Its just the way it is.

I don't recall Melanie mentioning a hard life in her speach. Not at all. I don't recall Michelle saying she had a hard life either. But then again - Chicago City workers make relatively good money so she was smart enough 'not to go there'.

Dream big and work hard to achieve them.

You could go to college, go to law school, pass the bar, and become a successful attorney at a successful law firm.

Or, you could become a model and marry a millionaire.

Mrs Trump didn't have to work very hard for her success. And the line about working hard was stolen from someone else. That's irony.

... That's going to cause some major headaches for Team "I don't endorse Trump, but do defend & will vote for him".

Not especially. They've got their principled I'm voting *against* Hillary reasons. That's a get out of jail card that really lets them do anything.

Crickets? In July?.....

. I wrote them down and later included some of the phrasing in the draft that ultimately became the final speech. I did not check Mrs. Obama’s speeches.

HAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is clear there was no intent. No indictment.

Sauce, Goose, uhhhh sorry, no Gander in this one.

Two sentences of in the entire speech. I'm surprised anyone was paying that much intention.

But, on the bright side nobody had to consider what the mother, the soldier, or the cop said.

When I announced my name change to Juan de Fuca it was because I was bored with BL after 20,000 posts. At the suggestion of others, I reverted back to my original name, but could not access my old email address as my username in my previous email had become corrupted. Scot tried many times to fix it and at the end of the day simply gave up, so instead of badlatitude you see Bad Latitude. I may change it in the future just to drive Shadow mad as he has done with us what with his many changes over the years. I'm sure that B.J. didn't begin to explore all the name changes of whatsisname.

I've got 2 websites running the invision power board software. If you access the MySQL database directly you can do anything.Use phpMyAdmin to make changes to the underlying tables.

We don't, as a rule, fuck around in the database tables under the hood like that.

That being said, Scot tried to help him, not me. I'm a lot better at this stuff than Scot, he rarely does more than drops a ban hammer on people, even then we have to keep reminding him not to use the "Flag as Spammer" button. Which, though fun and vindictive, in addition to blocking the username, e-mail, and IP address it also nukes every post the poster every made which is undesirable unless it's a brandy new and particularly libelous sockpuppet.

If BL had contacted me proving the original account was his I could have sorted it easily enough, most likely. Still could, though my internet is crappy and slow here so it's more of a pain in the ass.

. I wrote them down and later included some of the phrasing in the draft that ultimately became the final speech. I did not check Mrs. Obamas speeches.

HAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two sentences of in the entire speech. I'm surprised anyone was paying that much intention.

But, on the bright side nobody had to consider what the mother, the soldier, or the cop said.

If there was no intent, that must make it purely a coincidence.

The lines were copied, not her own, and Melania was passing them off as hers (see interview where she claimed to be writing the speech herself).

It is plagiarism. The intent of the writer is irrelevant. Melania is a plagiarist.

Not a big deal all things considered - she's not running for office. No-one *really* cares if she's a great speechwriter or not. However, for those that had a go at Michelle, the inconsistency they're now showing is pretty indicting.

. I wrote them down and later included some of the phrasing in the draft that ultimately became the final speech. I did not check Mrs. Obama’s speeches.

HAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Minister gives himself just enough daylight to believe.

Took a fair bit longer than it should have.... but there it is:

My name is Meredith McIver and I’m an in-house staff writer at the Trump Organization. I am also a longtime friend and admirer of the Trump family.

In working with Melania Trump on her recent First Lady speech, we discussed many people who inspired her and messages she wanted to share with the American people. A person she has always liked is Michelle Obama. Over the phone, she read me some passages from Mrs. Obama’s speech as examples. I wrote them down and later included some of the phrasing in the draft that ultimately became the final speech. I did not check Mrs. Obama’s speeches. This was my mistake, and I feel terrible for the chaos I have caused Melania and the Trumps, as well as to Mrs. Obama. No harm was meant.

Yesterday, I offered my resignation to Mr. Trump and the Trump family, but they rejected it. Mr. Trump told me that people make innocent mistakes and that we learn and grow from these experiences.

I asked to put out this statement because I did not like seeing the way this was distracting from Mr. Trump’s historic campaign for president and Melania’s beautiful message and presentation.

I apologize for the confusion and hysteria my mistake has caused. Today, more than ever, I am honored to work for such a great family. I personally admire the way Mr. Trump has handled the situation and I am grateful for his understanding.

Seems like a competent campaign would have just admitted, yesterday morning, that Melania admires Michelle and inadvertently lifted the exact wording. The whole thing would have blown over pretty quick. (even if it undermines a lot of the attacks on the Obamas: Melania's already said, many times, that she has her own opinions, and part of why she loves Donald is that he respects that.)

But instead, they let it fester - encouraging his supporters to make fools of themselves arguing it wasn't what it plainly was... but that's Trump. Now, he's tweeting that

Good news is Melania's speech got more publicity than any in the history of politics especially if you believe that all press is good press!

Which should come as no surprise.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/jul/20/republican-national-convention-day-three-liveno

Of course, some of y'all still look like fools.

I tried the more detailed search with quotes and agree that it provides more specific results.

Reading all the hands in the pudding as it developed it still seem hard to believe it rises to deliberate plagiarism but I'll grant that. And, givien the nature of the pap in those two sentences it's really quite dull.

It is still two sentences from an entire speech on both sides (Michelle and Melania) and was the kind of ambiguous happy words you get from some speaker at some commencement (high school or college).

Again, the outrage does manage to cover up the mother of one of the Benghazi dead calling Hillary a lying sack of shit. A former mayor of New York calling out Islamiic Extremist Terrorism and everything else that might have been said at the convention.

BENGHAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

Geshundheit.

My name is Meredith McIver and Im an in-house staff writer at the Trump Organization. I am also a longtime friend and admirer of the Trump family.

In working with Melania Trump on her recent First Lady speech, we discussed many people who inspired her and messages she wanted to share with the American people. A person she has always liked is Michelle Obama. Over the phone, she read me some passages from Mrs. Obamas speech as examples. I wrote them down and later included some of the phrasing in the draft that ultimately became the final speech. I did not check Mrs. Obamas speeches. This was my mistake, and I feel terrible for the chaos I have caused Melania and the Trumps, as well as to Mrs. Obama. No harm was meant.

Yesterday, I offered my resignation to Mr. Trump and the Trump family, but they rejected it. Mr. Trump told me that people make innocent mistakes and that we learn and grow from these experiences.

I asked to put out this statement because I did not like seeing the way this was distracting from Mr. Trumps historic campaign for president and Melanias beautiful message and presentation.

I apologize for the confusion and hysteria my mistake has caused. Today, more than ever, I am honored to work for such a great family. I personally admire the way Mr. Trump has handled the situation and I am grateful for his understanding.

Seems like a competent campaign would have just admitted, yesterday morning, that Melania admires Michelle and inadvertently lifted the exact wording. The whole thing would have blown over pretty quick. (even if it undermines a lot of the attacks on the Obamas: Melania's already said, many times, that she has her own opinions, and part of why she loves Donald is that he respects that.)

But instead, they let it fester - encouraging his supporters to make fools of themselves arguing it wasn't what it plainly was... but that's Trump. Now, he's tweeting that

Good news is Melania's speech got more publicity than any in the history of politics especially if you believe that all press is good press!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/jul/20/republican-national-convention-day-three-liveno

I tried the more detailed search with quotes and agree that it provides more specific results.

Reading all the hands in the pudding as it developed it still seem hard to believe it rises to deliberate plagiarism but I'll grant that. And, givien the nature of the pap in those two sentences it's really quite dull.

It is still two sentences from an entire speech on both sides (Michelle and Melania) and was the kind of ambiguous happy words you get from some speaker at some commencement (high school or college).

Again, the outrage does manage to cover up the mother of one of the Benghazi dead calling Hillary a lying sack of shit. A former mayor of New York calling out Islamiic Extremist Terrorism and everything else that might have been said at the convention.

So we've switched from It Never Happened to Worse Things Have Happened.

I've got now problem with that if it makes you feel better

My name is Meredith McIver and Im an in-house staff writer at the Trump Organization. I am also a longtime friend and admirer of the Trump family.

In working with Melania Trump on her recent First Lady speech, we discussed many people who inspired her and messages she wanted to share with the American people. A person she has always liked is Michelle Obama. Over the phone, she read me some passages from Mrs. Obamas speech as examples. I wrote them down and later included some of the phrasing in the draft that ultimately became the final speech. I did not check Mrs. Obamas speeches. This was my mistake, and I feel terrible for the chaos I have caused Melania and the Trumps, as well as to Mrs. Obama. No harm was meant.

I asked to put out this statement because I did not like seeing the way this was distracting from Mr. Trumps historic campaign for president and Melanias beautiful message and presentation.

The minister can moonwalk better than Michael. Hey minister, you black?

I think if you go back you will find I called the words drivel no matter who said them.

The Clinton camp is so practiced at covering shit up that they found this a useful blanket.

I decided to try a couple of other searches with ''you treat people with dignity and respect' as the core 7 words in both quoted and unquoted searches and then add another word which I would expect to further reduce the number of hits.

-------------------------------------------------------------

STANDALONE

The non-quote version of a search on the seven words you treat people with dignity and respect comes up with more than 10 million hits showing that it's a pretty common theme.

Putting quotes on it only comes up with 39000, virtually all in the last couple of days related to the two speeches. Yet I'm sure I've heard it many, many times before.

IF

So I tried another slight shift by searching on "if you treat people with dignity and respect" in quotes I get 18000 hits. Oddly they don't seem to show up in the "you treat people with dignity and respect" count. without quotes if you gets 3.6 million hits.

WHEN

When you treat people with dignity and respect gets 9.5 million hits and the quoted version gets 14000 hits

WHERE

Where you treat people with dignity and respect unquoted gets 3.4 million and quoted gets one solitary hit.

------------------------------------------------------------

This strikes me as an odd result. Every result from one of those 8 word searches should have also shown up in the 7 word searches since they included the same words in the same sequence. But they did not appear.

It's almost like the results are being fudged.

We'll teach you how to use Google, yet, old man.

"search tools"

"anytime"

"custom range"

leave "from" blank, enter something like middle of last week for "to"

It's not a perfect filter - some recent stuff gets by. But it starts to give you a notion.

You can also exclude results that have a particular word, by adding it to the search terms, with a minus sign in front of it.

so... if you enter

"When you treat people with dignity and respect" -michelle -obama - melania -trump

and filter the date to last week,

whaddya get?

no results found

I can't believe you're still arguing this, even after they admitted and explained it.

edit: messed up the link; fixed now. I need another coffee.

You're joking right?

Using a GUI to access mysql is not something one should admit in public like that.

"search tools"

"anytime"

"custom range"

It's not a perfect filter - some recent stuff gets by. But it starts to give you a notion.

You can also exclude results that have a particular word, by adding it to the search terms, with a minus sign in front of it.

so... if you enter

"When you treat people with dignity and respect" -michelle -obama - melania -trump

whaddya get?

no results found

I can't believe you're still arguing this, even after they admitted and explained it.

I'm not arguing that some staffer fucked up.

I'm wondering how repeating banalities that get used in one for or another 500 million times rises to outrage and called plagiarism.

The "outrage", which was more amused contempt, was over the lying and incompetence.

If Trump had said "the speech writer screwed up, sorry about that" it would have ended there.

Melania wrote it herself = lie

It wasn't from Michelle's speech = lie

Who wrote it = we have no idea = incompetent

The "outrage", which was more amused contempt, was over the lying and incompetence.

If Trump had said "the speech writer screwed up, sorry about that" it would have ended there.

Oh, OK.

Using a GUI to access mysql is not something one should admit in public like that.

*laugh* Lost a mouthful of coffee with that one. I forget sometimes how many computer literate folks there are on these forums.... given how old & out of touch some of the idiots here are.

Indeed so - as in most things, it's not the act itself, but the reaction to being called on the act that calls the character of those involved into question.

What's so hard about saying "We don't know yet, we need to gather some information to give you a good answer" ???

The best/worst part is no one expected much from a retired model whose first language is not English except maybe not recycle the last first lady's speech.

Does this Melania thing mean we can judge Hillary based on her husband blowing a load of dork-snot on an intern in the Oval Office, or do the rules of judgement change next week?

Only if you ask Hillary at the convention whether Bill did so and instead of answering with the truth, she denies it ever happened.

Let me know when that happens.

Here she is pictured next to the first lady. It's been all over the news... :rolleyes:

Melania-Michelle.jpg

Here she is pictured next to the first lady. It's been all over the news... :rolleyes:

Melania-Michelle.jpg

Are we playing Mary Ann or Ginger?. Hmmm....let me think about it for a millisecond. Toss in a photo of Hillary and it might take me a full double millisecond.

I simply love how the Republicans' ONLY MORAL GUIDE is the democrats.

ANYTHING, and I mean anything, no matter how immoral, illegal, disgusting, antisocial, is probably OK if one Democrat ever did it and downright perfect behavior if the Clintons ever did it."

Thank you for posting that.

I wonder if the Trumpmeister is about to test his theory that he could shoot somebody publicly in Times Square and get by with it using Ted Cruz as his lab rat......

390+ posts on a speech written by a hack operative. Yuuge Meh.

My first thought was that by now, there really is no such thing as original thought. How many more times can you convey the same thought in several hundred years? So 6% of the speech was the same. Yawn. I recently heard something on the radio that said there are only something like 7 or 8 original movie themes. Every movie is a variation of that theme.

I have a hard time believing that the speech writer sat down, googled Michelle's speech and deliberately copied that section. Not in this say and age of computer software. More likely, it was in her mind when she heard it originally and she thought it was an original thought when she wrote it not knowing it was the same text she heard years ago.

I honestly don't care either way..... I just look at something like this and its further an indication of fucked we are as a society when THE MOST talked about thing, amongst all the real world issues we should be talking about, is some former Slovenian Model trophy wife copying someone's elses speech - neither of which they wrote themselves.

Meh.

390+ posts on a speech written by a hack operative. Yuuge Meh.

My first thought was that by now, there really is no such thing as original thought. How many more times can you convey the same thought in several hundred years? So 6% of the speech was the same. Yawn. I recently heard something on the radio that said there are only something like 7 or 8 original movie themes. Every movie is a variation of that theme.

I have a hard time believing that the speech writer sat down, googled Michelle's speech and deliberately copied that section. Not in this say and age of computer software. More likely, it was in her mind when she heard it originally and she thought it was an original thought when she wrote it not knowing it was the same text she heard years ago.

I honestly don't care either way..... I just look at something like this and its further an indication of fucked we are as a society when THE MOST talked about thing, amongst all the real world issues we should be talking about, is some former Slovenian Model trophy wife copying someone's elses speech - neither of which they wrote themselves.

Meh.

You didn't read what happened did you? Speechwriter asked Melania who she admired.

Melania said Michelle. Let that sink in.

Then Melania read some of Michelle's speech.

The speechwriter wrote it down and put in Melania's speech.

Amateur hour with some Obama love thrown in.

Besides for that, the odds of that exact word order randomly repeating are something like one in a trillion.

Besides for THAT, the writer admitted doing it!

"search tools"

"anytime"

"custom range"

so... if you enter

whaddya get?

no results found

I'm wondering how repeating banalities that get used in one for or another 500 million times rises to outrage and called plagiarism.

The question isn't whether or not it was plagiarism, it was. The question is whether or not it was intentional. Intent matters. Sometimes. Depending on the letter after your name.

Well it would be except this is a decades old at the very least phrase used countless times in various stories, articles, movies, etc. etc.

Kind of like saying "break a leg" or "happy birthday" ;)

So I see y'all are still arguing over a string of words and the aftermath.
Try this, "it's the economy stupid!" 1

1 Attributed to James Carville.

"search tools"

"anytime"

"custom range"

so... if you enter

whaddya get?

no results found

The question isn't whether or not it was plagiarism, it was. The question is whether or not it was intentional. Intent matters. Sometimes. Depending on the letter after your name.

Damn, first time I've ever agreed with anything you've had to say. I think I'm gonna vomit... :D

I refuse to believe that a writer copied passages from Michelle Obama's speech simply on the basis that he admitted doing so.

I also fail to see how a campaign lying about something could possibly be relevant in the context of a speech praising the goodness and integrity of its candidate.

I refuse to believe that a writer copied passages from Michelle Obama's speech simply on the basis that he admitted doing so.

I also fail to see how a campaign lying about something could possibly be relevant in the context of a speech praising the goodness and integrity of its candidate.

Here's your Ca®d.

It's only gaining attention for the simple reason if Trump can't handle a crisis when it's plagiarism, how can anyone fairly expect him to handle a terror incident, or a breakdown with relations with Russia or China?

You're joking right?

Why not? It's a great tool and you can issue custom query statements and then sort the results. You can then edit your query in a GUI and reissue. It's so tedious to do that from a command line.

It's only gaining attention for the simple reason if Trump can't handle a crisis when it's plagiarism, how can anyone fairly expect him to handle a terror incident, or a breakdown with relations with Russia or China?

It's not a crisis.

Indeed so - as in most things, it's not the act itself, but the reaction to being called on the act that calls the character of those involved into question.

What's so hard about saying "We don't know yet, we need to gather some information to give you a good answer" ???

It's not hard to say but have you ever seen that work in Politics?

It's not a crisis.

Even worse if you look at it as a simple "goof"

It's not a crisis.

He's right. Corrected:

It's only gaining attention for the simple reason if Trump can't handle a simple PR issue that a teenager could have dealt with, how can anyone fairly expect him to handle a terror incident, or a breakdown with relations with Russia or China?

Meredith did exist. Whether she still does is questionable.

Trump's ghostwriters seem to be in a race to see which one can stab him worse.

Your logic makes perfect sense to me. I will still vote for Gary Johnson though. Thank you for all your dedicated research and hard work in exposing how truly rotten Mr.Trump is. Those couple of plagiarized lines in his wife's speech are certainly grounds for him to be disqualified from being POTUS. In comparison, Mrs.Clinton's scandals are nothing but a bunch of right wing conspiracies. Who in the right mind would think that 4 dead Americans is worse than a few plagiarized lines in a speech? There are places in this world if you are caught plagiarizing, they behead you. Killing 4 Americans, you're a hero.

But in the real world Clinton didn't kill 4 Americans and Melania actually did plagiarize. Other than that you seem totally on point..

Meredith did exist. Whether she still does is questionable.

Trump's ghostwriters seem to be in a race to see which one can stab him worse.

I think there is no Meredith and that Trump and his team wrote the speech.

The Rick Roll was just him amping up his I can get away with anything schtick.

You are right, Mr.Buoys. In the real world, Mrs.Clinton killed far more than 4 Americans and Mrs.Trump's speech writer actually plagiarized.

You're so sure? What were their names? The ones other than the Benghazi four that you allege she killed.

Guys, forget about the old rule book. That went out the window day one. This "mess" is probably a net positive for Trump. Olsonist may be right ^. Might not be a positive for the marriage if Melania wasn't in on it, but then again, it's past time for a new wife anyway.

Your logic makes perfect sense to me. I will still vote for Gary Johnson though. Thank you for all your dedicated research and hard work in exposing how truly rotten Mr.Trump is. Those couple of plagiarized lines in his wife's speech are certainly grounds for him to be disqualified from being POTUS. In comparison, Mrs.Clinton's scandals are nothing but a bunch of right wing conspiracies. Who in the right mind would think that 4 dead Americans is worse than a few plagiarized lines in a speech? There are places in this world if you are caught plagiarizing, they behead you. Killing 4 Americans, you're a hero.

But in the real world Clinton didn't kill 4 Americans and Melania actually did plagiarize. Other than that you seem totally on point..

You are right, Mr.Buoys. In the real world, Mrs.Clinton killed far more than 4 Americans and Mrs.Trump's speech writer actually plagiarized.

She did?? Does anyone else know besides you?

When did psychotic become the new normal?

Guys, forget about the old rule book. That went out the window day one. This "mess" is probably a net positive for Trump. Olsonist may be right ^. Might not be a positive for the marriage if Melania wasn't in on it, but then again, it's past time for a new wife anyway.

I'd be inclined to agree - but he's getting an anti-bounce from the convention. Conventional wisdom sees a net-positive from a convention, which is kinda the point. In this case, Trump was catching up to Hillary (email scandal was damaging) but that increase for Trump has disappeared this week.

Try Google and type in Clinton body count latest update. It looks a bit like our Debt Clock.

She did?? Does anyone else know besides you?

I know it's wiki and all, but everything I read about Benghazi suggests people with Arabic sounding names attacked the Embassy and killed people. Does Hillary go by an Arabic alias?

I did look at a few your "body count" pages.

These are three of my favorites and I think you changed my mind, she's a super secret spy assassin.. SMH..

1. Hershell Friday Attorney and Clinton fund raiser. Died March 1, 1994 Killed when his plane exploded. Cause unknown.

2. Unknown SS agent Killed when the C-130 carrying the presidential limos crashed near Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

3. C. Victor Raiser II, Montgomery Raiser Son of C. Victor Raiser II both men died in a private plane crash in Alaska, en route to a fishing expedition. No cause was ever determined. Five others not connected to Clinton died with them.

Ding, ding, fucking ding.

Melania claimed she wrote a speech that turned out wasn't hers and parts of it weren't even the speech writer's. Not a big deal all things considered and a simple "Yup, Melania had a speech-writer & it looks like they fucked up - teleprompters, pallin' with terrorists, you betcha!" would have brushed this away just fine.

Then Trump decided to go full retard, deny there was any plagiarism either knowingly or unknowingly, proving that he cannot handle even the most simple of issues without inflaming them himself... and he wants to be the Commander in Chief. That's fucked up. That's scary.

Ding, ding, fucking ding.

Melania claimed she wrote a speech that turned out wasn't hers and parts of it weren't even the speech writer's. Not a big deal all things considered and a simple "Yup, Melania had a speech-writer & it looks like they fucked up - teleprompters, pallin' with terrorists, you betcha!" would have brushed this away just fine.

Then Trump decided to go full retard, deny there was any plagiarism either knowingly or unknowingly, proving that he cannot handle even the most simple of issues without inflaming them himself... and he wants to be the Commander in Chief. That's fucked up. That's scary.

Some days Donald forgets to take his ritalin.

So when Hillary says - 'vote your conscience' is it plagiarism???

No, it's a thumb in the eye.

She would be foolish to say it But I can hope she does. A lot of people will vote out of party loyalty that can't stand her and might take her advise.

When i was revealed in advance that Cruz was not going to endorse Trump let him have his time. When the speach writer offered her resignation he rejected it even when the error embarrassed his wife.

I'd rate it win win.

The most powerful line in his speech was an add lib when he spoke of protecting lgbtQ and the reaction of the audience prompted him to say as a Republican he was pleased that they applauded to his comments

That line was pure genius. The election may very well hinge on the debates.

The DNC is frantically reviewing proposed speeches JIC.

Similar is the mark. This is gonna be fun.

Capture.jpg

Protection from a hateful foreign ideology.

No mention of the hateful domestic ideology pushed by the Republican platform.

Not impressed.

"A vicious mother, isn't he?"

"They can't do that to our queers!"

"Only WE can do that to our queers!"

Life in the Trump Administration.