Sign in to follow this  
Hard On The Wind

Melania Trump plagiarized from Michelle Obama’s 2008 convention speech

The talking heads on MSNBC are apoplectic over the recycling of Michelle's speech. Kind of left a sour note for the Repubtard's big night.

They must have great respect for Michelle.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

That's it yeah.

We'll have to see if they start calling Melania an ape and a baboon after using such liberal sounding words.

What the Trump campaign enjoys is a practical immunity from anything. I don't expect a defense or explanation in the morning. They will deny it ever happened and everyone will just move on.

I noticed Mrs.Trump looked like she had butt implants. I guess she wanted to have a shelf butt like Mrs.Obama's. I guess you haters don't care about that.

I'd like to give Mrs. Trump a butt implant.......... :wub:

I noticed Mrs.Trump looked like she had butt implants. I guess she wanted to have a shelf butt like Mrs.Obama's. I guess you haters don't care about that.

What about Mrs.Obama?

Craven suffers from a crisis of confidence. The penis suction pumps haven't worked all that well for him.

What about Mrs.Obama?

Craven suffers from a crisis of confidence. The penis suction pumps haven't worked all that well for him.

You're turning into a god damn stalker on here Holly. Don't you have your own message board to cunt on with?

What the Trump campaign enjoys is a practical immunity from anything. I don't expect a defense or explanation in the morning. They will deny it ever happened and everyone will just move on.

Who cares? Did anybody die? How much did Mrs.Trump get paid for giving the speech?

Did anybody die calling her on it? Would anyone die if I were to tell you to shut the fuck up? Let's try and see:

Shut the fuck up.

Who cares? Did anybody die? How much did Mrs.Trump get paid for giving the speech?

The alphabet only has 26 letters, you'll find some similarities in every speech if you look hard. Where's the plagiarisation Ben?

Did anybody die calling her on it? Would anyone die if I were to tell you to shut the fuck up? Let's try and see:

Shut the fuck up.

Mr.Wynn. Why are you so full of anger? Did I insult you personally? No. Let's try in having adult conversations and not this vulgar behavior.

Did somebody die because I posted that? No. See? No big deal.

The alphabet only has 26 letters, you'll find some similarities in every speech if you look hard. Where's the plagiarisation Ben?

Your're right. Just three paragraphs practically verbatim and in the same order. Just chance. Hell, now that I think about it, a mechanic gave me almost the exact same words last week after he rotated my fucking tires.

Thanks for setting me straight.

I bet if you did forensic analysis of most political speeches you'll discover quite a bit of plagiarism. Wouldn't it be ironic if parts of Mrs.Obama's 2008 speech was stolen. Oh the horror!

This is so much fun. Do go on.

I bet if you did forensic analysis of most political speeches you'll discover quite a bit of plagiarism. Wouldn't it be ironic if parts of Mrs.Obama's 2008 speech was stolen. Oh the horror!

The alphabet only has 26 letters, you'll find some similarities in every speech if you look hard.

I bet if you did forensic analysis of most political speeches you'll discover quite a bit of plagiarism.

The talking heads on MSNBC are apoplectic over the recycling of Michelle's speech. Kind of left a sour note for the Repubtard's big night.

If I was Michelle's speech writer I'd be pissed... :ph34r:

The alphabet only has 26 letters, you'll find some similarities in every speech if you look hard.

I bet if you did forensic analysis of most political speeches you'll discover quite a bit of plagiarism.

CTRL C then CTRL V

I see what you did there.

If I was Melania's speech writer, I'd be looking for work.

If I was Melania's speech writer, I'd be looking for work.

I'm sure he'll be fired directly..;)

CTRL C then CTRL V

I see what you did there.

Oh no. Just pure chance. Just ask our resident statistics experts Grumpy and Coors Light.

That's it yeah.

We'll have to see if they start calling Melania an ape and a baboon after using such liberal sounding words.

I thought that was Bush they compared to an ape? Am I missing something?

That's it yeah.

Yes, I would..

Let's be fair it is hard to write a political speech and not end up falling into the trap of paraphrasing a sentiment you heard expressed elsewhere.

I bet Hard On feels rather sheepish right now.

Let's be fair it is hard to write a political speech and not end up falling into the trap of paraphrasing a sentiment you heard expressed elsewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M6x1H08aFc&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgctsioisJg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqutz5ASDSA

Look Grumpy, look Coors. More stuff completely by chance.

Just 26 letters. Over a million possible fucking words, but it is just 26 letters.

no actually, the size of the first lady's butt (or arse as we would say) would be valuable to Mrs Trump...Brain implant.

Poor woman is going to need a full time "stop me from looking like a bimba" minder should she be unlucky enough to be your next first lady...maybe she could ask Palin for a few tips.

Both of them strung together a string of platitudes.in that part of their speech.

Ms. Trump sounds hollow when she talks about Trump's loyalty and Ms. Clinton sounds hollow when she talks about Family and fidelity. They both have husbands that have acted poorly at times and have to cover for em.

Just 26 letters. Over a million possible fucking words, but it is just 26 letters.

You have a nasty way of agreeing with me.

Edit to add: I bet Donnie is copping some shit from the missus at the moment.

That's it yeah.

You are missing that a Chimp and an Ape are not the same animal...

The Trump campaign can't even agree on who wrote the damned thing. Don't look for any accountability for the plagiarism.

"In a statement, Jason Miller, a Trump campaign spokesman, did not address the plagiarism allegations. But he appeared to shift focus to campaign aides who helped draft the speech. “In writing her beautiful speech, Melania’s team of writers took notes on her life’s inspirations, and in some instances included fragments that reflected her own thinking,” Miller said. “Melania’s immigrant experience and love for America shone through in her speech, which made it such a success.”

But that conflicted with comments Melania Trump had made earlier Monday to NBC’s Matt Lauer. “I wrote it… with as little help as possible,” she told NBC."

I call bullshit! Following was lifted from th NYT. Please read the texts. The extent of the plagiarism appears to be speaking about having sound core principles. There are only so many ways to present this in a speech.

I don't like Trump. It this is a case where "haters are gonna hate."

Trump: From a young age, my parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life, that your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise, that you treat people with respect. They taught and showed me values and morals in their daily lives. That is a lesson that I continue to pass along to our son. And we need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow. Because we want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

Mrs. Obama, in her 2008 speech: Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say youre going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you dont know them, and even if you dont agree with them. And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children and all children in this nation to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

Ms. Trump: I was born in Slovenia, a small, beautiful and then-Communist country in Central Europe. My sister, Ines, who is an incredible woman and a friend, and I were raised by my wonderful parents. My elegant and hard-working mother, Amalija, introduced me to fashion and beauty. My father, Viktor, instilled in me a passion for business and travel. Their integrity, compassion and intelligence reflects to this day on me and for my love of family and America.

Mrs. Obama, in 2008:

And I come here as a daughter raised on the South Side of Chicago by a father who was a blue-collar city worker and a mother who stayed at home with my brother and me. My mothers love has always been a sustaining force for our family, and one of my greatest joys is seeing her integrity, her compassion and her intelligence reflected in my own daughters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M6x1H08aFc&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgctsioisJg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqutz5ASDSA

Just as likely then that Melania's was by chance, but I doubt it.

So we got politically motivated talking heads on the right and left copying each other's speeches. If that's the worst they did, we might be better off.

Word is (on Morning Joe) Melania is mighty pissed off.

One Trump staffer called it, to paraphrase, a "save my marriage" moment.

Of course, we all know it was the speech writer(s) but we all play pretend, it's the unspoken agreement, but the politicians can't really complain as then they would have to admit, what we all know anyway, that it was a canned speech read from a teleprompter.

Though, I know to many of the partisan dupes here at PA that sounds like just another conspiracy theory...giggle.gif

Only thing missing from the speech was... " It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi..."

I missed her speech but it must have been good.

It was refreshing in its honesty.

Only thing missing from the speech was... " It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi..."

That sounded better coming from Steve Martin....

To the OP - I think that the speech writers either seriously goofed, or intentionally staged this embarrassment. I sincerely doubt that Mrs. Trump wrote that speech herself - it doesn't sound like her words. If she did - then she's dumber than catchin' The Don would indicate.

To the OP - I think that the speech writers either seriously goofed, or intentionally staged this embarrassment.

That's exactly what I was thinking... As it's hard to believe that the speech writer was that fucking stupid.

Welcome to US politics Melania..

A shithole run by sociopathic liars and war criminals.

To the OP - I think that the speech writers either seriously goofed, or intentionally staged this embarrassment. I sincerely doubt that Mrs. Trump wrote that speech herself - it doesn't sound like her words. If she did - then she's dumber than catchin' The Don would indicate.

Personally, I think her speech writers mailed it in, filled her speech with happy platitudes, and ultimately just flat out screwed up. I wouldn't be surprised if her speech was written by a '30-somethin' who watched the last 3-4 first lady speeches that threw something together and didn't realize he'd actually directly copied phrases IN ORDER.

Ultimately it's an unforced error that won't really matter - by tomorrow they'll be something else to talk about - but it was dumb and feeds into the narrative that Trump doesn't really have a plan, he's just flying by the seat of his pants, and counters the idea that he surrounds himself with 'talented people'.

Had it been the Democrats, I'd have blamed it on some Google based AI that was sampling 'greatest applause lines in the last 100 political speeches'. But I think this one is on an intern.. literally.

That's it yeah.

Why? Does she look like a baboon?

At least she didn't say for the first time in her adult lifetime she is proud of her country. Quite the opposite.

I feel for her it is obvious that she is not comfortable in this role. She does not have the luxury of political experience. I know my wife dreads public speaking she worries about her accent ( I love her accent) and mispronouncing words. Even writing a speech in English is a challenge she sometimes translates Brazilian idioms into English and of course they make no sense in English.

So I feel for Mrs. Trump. For a first time in a second language I think she did fine.

She is also right or whoever wrote the speech was when she said that you can judge a person by the children they raised. By any measure the Trump kids seem level headed and decent.

Attempts to attack her for this speech are rather pathetic and smell of desperation and a scorched earth policy . Typical of the Clinton's. They play to win any way they can. I think that is all that matter to them.

Have any of you asked yourself why does Hillary want to be president? I have not heard a single vision statement from her lips. I see the usual boilerplate promises of money and programs but what is her vision? What is her purpose.

Is it just power, money and "I was the first woman"? Is she running for her or for us?

The GOP Clown Car is funnier and funnier every day....

Smart beautiful ethical moral. Good mother.

Ohh the horror!!

A first lady with an eastern European accent. How cool will that be. At least we won't have to deal with her thinking First lady is a stepping stone to President.

A vote for Trump is a vote for 4 more years of shitty school lunches, the salary of an extra White House gardener to mulch and weed Melania's vegetable garden, and more dance-aerobics on the Ellen DeGeneres show.

Actually --- that last one might be worth the vote.

And we laugh and laugh at the GOP clown car, whilst the Democratic nominee should be riding in the back of a paddy wagon.

The latest polls are in. since this is the official start of the campaign I thought I review what my poll average does so I broke it down and sow how each adjustment influences the result. You can see here that sample size dominates the current set of polls.

Capture.jpg

Smart beautiful ethical moral. Good mother.

Ohh the horror!!

Michelle is certainly that.

And we laugh and laugh at the GOP clown car, whilst the Democratic nominee should be riding in the back of a paddy wagon.

Next to the accused rapist?

For some reason a whole lot of people keep suggesting Hillary has committed crimes. In fact, millions of our funds borrowed from China and upon which we shall be paying interest until we die have been spent investigating and considering prosecution of those accusations.

The only expert people we have borrowed money to pay to investigate suggested prosecution would be absurd.

At some point these accusations from those of you who are not professionals in the field make you look like asses

Yep...burp.gif

What about Mr.Biden's 1988 speech in which he stole entire paragraphs? That ended his campaign.

Your suggestion Trump should drop out of the First Lady race is noted.

Are you also suggesting Donnie should blow off his third set of vows somhe can get himself a new fresh person to run as First Lady??

He could divorce her today, marry a teenager on Wednesday and she could deliver their first child Friday and Donnie wouldn't lose a single supporter.

That's it yeah.

Why would they call Melania an ape or baboon for using liberal sounding words?

Your're right. Just three paragraphs practically verbatim and in the same order. Just chance. Hell, now that I think about it, a mechanic gave me almost the exact same words last week after he rotated my fucking tires.

Thanks for setting me straight.

Nothing to complain about then.

She is pure evil.

Even the slightest criticism is demonization.

The sensitivity is palpable.

It's one thing to dump your wife and run off with a slut home wrecker.

Putting the whore up on stage with a microphone at the annual company meeting, not so smart.

I nailed this one. I shall now bask in self congratulation in the Methods de Malarkey.

That's it yeah.

Why would they call Melania an ape or baboon for using liberal sounding words?

It wouldn't be because she has black skin.

I think it's time for the POTUS to have a new cabinet position.

"Secretary of Presidential Dalliances"

The job is to vet pussy for the prez. Insure it's safety, maybe the FDA would have a hand in it, and then there would be the non-disclosure agreements. Paul McCartney had an organization doing that for him years ago when his penis was still hungry. This would have saved Bill some trouble and certainly Donald would put the post to heavy use.

Putting the whore up on stage with a microphone at the annual company meeting, not so smart.

It's one thing to dump your fat ugly wife for a fat intern cigar slut.

Putting the womanizer up on stage with a microphone next week, not so smart.

2CD5F15600000578-0-image-m-38_1443379638

I nailed this one. I shall now bask in self congratulation in the Methods de Malarkey.

That was awesome. It is possible to double down forever, or until November which ever comes first.

Between the plagiarism and the rickroll, this HAD to be a setup. Had to.

It's one thing to dump your fat ugly wife for a fat intern cigar slut.

Putting the womanizer up on stage with a microphone next week, not so smart.

He's going on stage this Thursday I believe. Check your program.

Edit: He's dumped two, btw

You can tell how bad a flub it was by the ratio of socks throwing poo vs the number of regular posters.

Yeah, seems like somebody punked the entire campaign. Pretty awesome.

It would seem that way, but then why not throw the guy who set you up under the bus?

"Writers know that it’s unlikely to hit on someone else’s words as closely as Melania Trump's speech copied Michelle Obama's. As my friend Terry Teachout once pointed out to me, highlighting as few as seven words of your own writing, and searching them in Google surrounded by quotation marks (which restricts the search to exact matches), is likely to produce exactly one hit: your work. And I’m not talking about elaborate sentences; I’m talking about boring fragments like “And I’m not talking about elaborate sentences.” That search returned no hits when I searched it this morning, and will return exactly one after this column is published."

...I don't even need to provide the source.

Maybe Colbert ghost-wrote the speech for some Trump-abused speechwriter....

"Writers know that it’s unlikely to hit on someone else’s words as closely as Melania Trump's speech copied Michelle Obama's. As my friend Terry Teachout once pointed out to me, highlighting as few as seven words of your own writing, and searching them in Google surrounded by quotation marks (which restricts the search to exact matches), is likely to produce exactly one hit: your work. And I’m not talking about elaborate sentences; I’m talking about boring fragments like “And I’m not talking about elaborate sentences.” That search returned no hits when I searched it this morning, and will return exactly one after this column is published."

...I don't even need to provide the source.

I decided to test your theory

You do what you say you are going to do 511 Million hits.

you work hard for what you want in life 162 Million hits

It's all just feel good blather.