Sign in to follow this  
Subnautic

Volvo 70... where are they ? Any for sale?

Anybody out there know where the first and second generation V70 rockets are alongside these days ?

And if any are for currently for sale. Im putting together a crew of misfits who want to go fast... real fast.

Crazy I know but lifes to short .. so why not.

Just a wind and swell junkee looking to see the big blue amd ride the swell again.

Thanks.

I dunno Tubby. I wonder what Maserati sold for. Asked $700aud from memory.

If you want "to go fast, real fast" get a used ORMA 60 or some similar multihull.

What was Southern Excellence II in the Volvo Ocean Race, or was she a new build to the rule?

Thanks boys ....

SE2 was Brunel ... came fifth.

A nice selection.

Spewing about Wild Joe.....

Going to check out SE2 in August.

Just looking for more options.

Camper sold recently

Pirates is still on stands outside of VOR HQ

What happened to:

Black Betty/Delta Lloyd

ABN AMRO White

Ericsson 1

Brasil1

TBlue/Sanya?

TBlack?

Anybody out there know where the first and second generation V70 rockets are alongside these days ?

And if any are for currently for sale. Im putting together a crew of misfits who want to go fast... real fast.

Crazy I know but lifes to short .. so why not.

Just a wind and swell junkee looking to see the big blue amd ride the swell again.

Thanks.

If you're going to do it, do it right and build something new.

Black Betty is in Europe - they've got a FB page.

Sanya is in Breskens. Corporate/sail training - selling 'The Volvo Experience' dream - they have a VO60 in the programme as well.

If you're going to do it, do it right and build something new.

Dont need the headache of a new build. To many boats have dramas straight out of the shed..... id rather go with something thats tried and tested everytime. Sure there will be things you have to sort out but thays just boats now, isn't it.

Monster Project ex Team Russia is sat on a river mooring on the river Hamble, for sale and could be bought for peanuts

Black Betty/Delta Lloyd is in Turkey

Tele Blue is Sanya

Tele Black is owned by Steve White and he hopes to sail solo round the world the wrong way

Wolfpack ex Camper is in the Baltic region.

SFS II exAzzam was burnt to a crisp

Il Mostro I believe is in Chicaco?

Il Moro became SCA and now is SFS II (bought to replace Azzam)

E1 charters in the med

Maserati ex E3 sold somewhere recently but not sure where

Groupama 70/E4 sold to Valencia?

Groupama 4 must still be Giacomo in NZ

Telefonica must still be Blackjack in Aus

I'm not sure what happened to Abn Amro 2, last I heard it was used as a training then promo boat for Abu Dhabi

Green Dragon is in Ireland, still enjoys the occasional race

I'd rather buy an old Imoca

Thank JL92s.

Will look up the Russian boat ..Just found out Green Dragon is for sale.After sitting in a shed for three years. Was put back in the water last year and is now lying alonside at Montafalcone. ITALY.

LOOKS LIKE IM GOING TO EUROPE.

Thanks mate

Monster Project ex Team Russia is sat on a river mooring on the river Hamble, for sale and could be bought for peanuts

Tele Blue is Sanya

Tele Black is owned by Steve White and he hopes to sail solo round the world the wrong way

E1 charters in the med

I'm not sure what happened to Abn Amro 2, last I heard it was used as a training then promo boat for Abu Dhabi

Wolfpack ex Camper is in Spain, sold to a US team and about to undergo some surgery.

Wanna go real fast.

Real real hairy chested scary fast on foils. 50+ knots.

Hydroptère is available. Sitting on a mooring in Hawaii and the figure of $20k has been mentioned.

Some assembly may be required? Some dockage may be due.

Tele Blue is Sanya

E1 charters in the med

Wolfpack ex Camper is in Spain, sold to a US team and about to undergo some surgery.

Which team?! What kind of surgery?!

What would at main and a fully size jib cost for a V70 if you had one. How about a full size downwind sail?

What would at main and a fully size jib cost for a V70 if you had one. How about a full size downwind sail?

If you have to ask, you can't afford to be in this game.

Just imagine the fleet of Farr 40's you could run for the costs it takes to run a Volvo 70!

Thank JL92s.

Will look up the Russian boat ..Just found out Green Dragon is for sale.After sitting in a shed for three years. Was put back in the water last year and is now lying alonside at Montafalcone. ITALY.

LOOKS LIKE IM GOING TO EUROPE.

Thanks mate

Just remember VO70s are sailing power boats, as Il Mostro 1 found out befor this years BYC Mac. No motor no sailing for you. Get a pro to look at the keel to engine set up.

Driftwood talks sense, they are monsters to sail, I sailed on monster project and the loads are scary in anything over 12kts. That boat has a huge stash of Vo70 sails from various different boats including Sanya, Telefonica and abn amro one. The idea being rather than buy a brand new sail, buy a used sail for 5-10k and then throw it away when it blows up. My advice would definitely be to buy a Class 40 and learn it inside out, then look at upgrading

SFS II (ex abudhabi) and Trifork competed at the Rolex Giraglia this year

I think you must be mistaken, this is SFS II ex Abu Dhabi a couple of years ago

post-42706-0-31291600-1469547613.jpeg

The current SFS II is ex Il Moro

Trifork was Groupama 70 ex E4 that won the 08-09 race

JL92, You retard. You've said "Il Moro" twice. STOP. The current SFS is Mar Mostro. Il Moro was the fucking America's Cup boat and Il Mostro was the first puma boat. Just shut up and go back to sailing your shitty charter cutrate russian shitbox and leave the facts up to us.

JL92, You retard. You've said "Il Moro" twice. STOP. The current SFS is Mar Mostro. Il Moro was the fucking America's Cup boat and Il Mostro was the first puma boat. Just shut up and go back to sailing your shitty charter cutrate russian shitbox and leave the facts up to us.

Whoops my mistake...Now go fuck yourself jackass

The jury is still out on whose the jackass, but it still definitely one of you.

Temper, temper girls...no need to get yer panties in a wad!

The jury is still out on whose the jackass, but it still definitely one of you.

We need left hook to drop in here and complete the trifecta.

Rumour has it that Black Jack (ex. Telafonica) in Australia could be for sale shortly.

Much updated, new rig, still can't win Hobart?

Apart from the mast break, what's wrong with Green Dragon? She seems to appear on Yachtworld for sale every 6 months...

Apart from the mast break, what's wrong with Green Dragon? She seems to appear on Yachtworld for sale every 6 months...

Nothing a couple of million bucks can't cure.

Nothing a couple of million bucks can't cure.

Price is ridiculious and the interior has been changed so much new galley and tv installed etc etc .a friend looked at her a few months back and couldn't come to a deal the owner was not budging on the price he was looking to get back what he it into her .might be a good deal to be had now thought .plenty of spare rigs around for that generation boat

Il mostro was rumored to be on the short list to go on the market.

Also, the Devos family didn't launch their Maxi86 last season, supposedly the sons were busy on their other programs.maybe she'd go for the right $$$

Also, the Devos family didn't launch their Maxi86 last season, supposedly the sons were busy on their other programs.maybe she'd go for the right $$$

Not sure where you heard that rumor but IL mostro is most definetley not for sale and winndquest is been launched this year

Not sure where you heard that rumor but IL mostro is most definetley not for sale and winndquest is been launched this year

"Is been"? I'm so fucking confused now. Did you mean that Windquest "is being" launched this summer, meaning she'll sail 2-3 races and then back in the shed, or did you mean "has been" meaning she's sitting in the water now which would make for some pretty chilly crew practice?

"Is been"? I'm so fucking confused now. Did you mean that Windquest "is being" launched this summer, meaning she'll sail 2-3 races and then back in the shed, or did you mean "has been" meaning she's sitting in the water now which would make for some pretty chilly crew practice?

Sorry for the poor grammar teacher . Windquest will be launched when it's summer and will most likely do her 2 or 3 races a year and IL mostro will do the same

Tele Blue is Sanya

E1 charters in the med

correct about amro 2. friend of mine who was on the amro 2 team had these on his facebook in early feb. guess she's just sitting, from the looks of her you could probably get her for a bargain, relatively speaking anyway. from what I understand the old pindar IMOCA 60 is also in the water there just wallowing away.

16587014_1066301946809651_43975863318565

16487832_1066301950142984_17629736737908

16602302_1066302003476312_79875513415195

Tele Blue is Sanya

E1 charters in the med

correct about amro 2. friend of mine who was on the amro 2 team had these on his facebook in early feb. guess she's just sitting, from the looks of her you could probably get her for a bargain, relatively speaking anyway. from what I understand the old pindar IMOCA 60 is also in the water there just wallowing away.

Pindar was a wild Open 60..

Tele Blue is Sanya

E1 charters in the med

oh? I don't know much about that boat to be honest

Tele Blue is Sanya

E1 charters in the med

Are you talking about the Juan K designed Pindar?

Nobody deserves to have that lemon to deal with.

Tele Blue is Sanya

E1 charters in the med

oh? I don't know much about that boat to be honest

I thought that became the red Puma training boat...

I thought that became the red Puma training boat...

Yup, re-branded in Breskens at the Frans Maas yard '02'ish

puma02_zpsvaossqur.jpg

• Like 1

I cant get my head around how much one of these would cost to run given a TP 52 in fighting trim is 300k a year

I think that was lacing holes for the shoe decal.

Anarchist

Posted Today, 10:44 AM

I think that was lacing holes for the shoe decal.

No shit Sherlock !!!!! you have been 'got there'.....Captain Obvious !!!

On 22/7/2016 at 1:49 PM, Geff said:

If you want "to go fast, real fast" get a used ORMA 60 or some similar multihull.

If you want to go even faster, get a kite surfer.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2016 at 11:44 AM, SCANAS said:

This would have to be the some serious bang for your buck yachting if you can't find a VO70!

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2002/Reichel-Pugh-60'-Canting-Keel-Mini-Maxi-2523975/Marina-Kremik,-Primosten-/Croatia#.V5HqKmbXenM

Im in Kremik many times.   Everytime I see that boat its looks well cared  for..clean

might be worth a look

there is also a volvo 70 in Marina Dalmatia, croatia.  Its been there a few year...looks burnt to a crisp and unloved. 

The old Merit... Farr ketch is in Palma...you could probably get it for peanuts 

Must be some pro facility ...the shipyard at Kremik is quite small 

what is the Volvo up in Zadar .

Is the Monster project still chained to the dock in Sydney?

I see its entered in this years Transpac race but may need get to the starting line due to some pontential legal challenges by the Sydney Hobart charter crew?

1 minute ago, Chucky said:

Is the Monster project still chained to the dock in Sydney?

I see its entered in this years Transpac race but may need get to the starting line due to some pontential legal challenges by the Sydney Hobart charter crew?

Hope nobody put down a big deposit on that charter deal. 

The Monster Project web site is still showing them as being available for charter for the 2018 Sydney Hobart despite having been chartered to a group of  Polish sailors who arrived in Sydney all hot to trot only to be told by the race organisers that they were refusing the entry due to some shenanigans over the required insurance. 

"We have arrested the vessel to hold it as security for losses we have suffered as a result of being barred from the race," the spokesman for the Polish sailors said.

Under the Admiralty Act, which governs maritime law, a vessel can be taken under arrest as security for money claimed from the vessel owner and operator, who has 21 days to join the proceedings or the plaintiff can take the yacht.

Last I heard it was still chained and welded to a dock in Sydney.  Might be a deal there? May come with a containerful of used sails in a variety of liveries

Any updates. 

5 hours ago, TQA said:

The Monster Project web site is still showing them as being available for charter for the 2018 Sydney Hobart despite having been chartered to a group of  Polish sailors who arrived in Sydney all hot to trot only to be told by the race organisers that they were refusing the entry due to some shenanigans over the required insurance. 

"We have arrested the vessel to hold it as security for losses we have suffered as a result of being barred from the race," the spokesman for the Polish sailors said.

Under the Admiralty Act, which governs maritime law, a vessel can be taken under arrest as security for money claimed from the vessel owner and operator, who has 21 days to join the proceedings or the plaintiff can take the yacht.

Last I heard it was still chained and welded to a dock in Sydney.  Might be a deal there? May come with a containerful of used sails in a variety of liveries

Any updates. 

At the moment it is on a mooring in Pittwater, Will try to get a photo tomorrow when I'm out for the twilight

On 1/25/2018 at 6:22 AM, Diva39 said:

If you want to go even faster, get a kite surfer.

Absolutely no.

Last year ex. 2008-2009 "Telefonica Blue”, ex. 2011-2012 Irish/Chinese Team "Sanya Lan" was sold to adventure outfit Ocean Breeze.

https://oceanbreeze.eu/

They did a pretty good job at sprucing her up.

On 2/13/2019 at 7:43 AM, Rumpig said:

At the moment it is on a mooring in Pittwater, Will try to get a photo tomorrow when I'm out for the twilight

Wouldn’t take it if it was given to me. Very tired and needs a lot of work and new sails! 

4 x VO65s just come on the market if that is any use

• Like 1

On 2/13/2019 at 1:30 AM, Moonduster said:

Every yacht ever built is always for sail ...

Moon, you are usually right on the ball, but did you mean:

"Every sailingyacht never built is always for sale ..."

I am confused...

6 hours ago, shanghaisailor said:

4 x VO65s just come on the market if that is any use

link or it never happened

7 hours ago, Slim said:

Thanks Slim. Mr Clean obviously too lazy to use Google or similar

7 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

link or it never happened

Clean, you really think I would put up the post above if it was not 100% verifiable? Ha!

The sale does come with conditions though :-)

• Like 2