Subnautic

Volvo 70... where are they ? Any for sale?

59 minutes ago, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

Who the fuck would be dumb enough to buy one of those shitters.

You sailed anything tougher or faster? And could you afford one anyway? Is your 'lake' deep enough?

For the record I have sailed on one and there are only a couple of other monohulls I have sailed on that  would have the legs on them.

And it looks like there are 8 people at least who are "dumb enough to buy one"

• Like 1

Faster and tougher than a Volvo 70 (and not far off Commanches 24hr record), doesn't sound that shite to me, but what do I know.

1 hour ago, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

It was sold to the US as the new Pyewacket. Months ago.

Thats weird, was there a V60 Blackjack? There is an ex Blackjack Volvo boat at the RSAYS getting a new doghouse........been there for a while.

2 hours ago, paps49 said:

Thats weird, was there a V60 Blackjack? There is an ex Blackjack Volvo boat at the RSAYS getting a new doghouse........been there for a while.

There was no VO60 Black Jack. Before the VO70 there was the RP66 (now Alive) then came the RP100.

2 hours ago, shanghaisailor said:

You sailed anything tougher or faster? And could you afford one anyway? Is your 'lake' deep enough?

For the record I have sailed on one and there are only a couple of other monohulls I have sailed on that  would have the legs on them.

And it looks like there are 8 people at least who are "dumb enough to buy one"

The people I know who did the last race were more than happy to see the back of the VO65, and are now actively seeking rides on modified Imocas for the next race (if it happens)

We saw Il Mostro going down the river at Brockville, Ontario last september (2019-09-21). Probably going to the new owner.

14 hours ago, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

There was no VO60 Black Jack. Before the VO70 there was the RP66 (now Alive) then came the RP100.

Well in that case the VO70 is in Adelaide. Will take a pic tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Well in that case the VO70 is in Adelaide. Will take a pic tomorrow.

The VO70 that was Black Jack just finished the SD 2 PV race thursday....

On 3/13/2020 at 4:18 PM, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

The people I know who did the last race were more than happy to see the back of the VO65, and are now actively seeking rides on modified Imocas for the next race (if it happens)

Really? When they saw the back of the VO65 in Den Haag they also saw the back of the nice pay cheques which they were probably "more than happy" to accept while on board.

Even less "rides" per boat than before to "actively seek" with the IMOCAs

No employee or contractor is happy to see a shrinking competitive market place.

SS

On 3/14/2020 at 9:06 AM, KennyB said:

The VO70 that was Black Jack just finished the SD 2 PV race thursday....

Yes I had a look today, it looks more like an open 60, did Harburg have one at some stage?

20200315_115226.jpg

16 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Yes I had a look today, it looks more like an open 60, did Harburg have one at some stage?

20200315_115226.jpg

Run away paps - that's Gusto (2 I think) - another project brought to you by the bloke who bastardised Helsal 2.  You can see the likeness in the coffin they've added.

(Is that Natani the Blythe Spirit at Gusto's bow?)

21 minutes ago, Recidivist said:

Run away paps - that's Gusto (2 I think) - another project brought to you by the bloke who bastardised Helsal 2.  You can see the likeness in the coffin they've added.

Ha, ha not at all interested mate just fitted the thread. Who is this guy, the way he is going it might go sailing around 2030?
I think it is Natani but wasn't taking that much notice.
Hows tha cat coming along?

25 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Ha, ha not at all interested mate just fitted the thread.

When it isn’t a VO70, how exactly does this fit the thread?

41 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Ha, ha not at all interested mate just fitted the thread. Who is this guy, the way he is going it might go sailing around 2030?
I think it is Natani but wasn't taking that much notice.
Hows tha cat coming along?

Work on the cat has slowed even further!  My son trucked his 21" Sydney Harbour trawler (retired) to Noosa and put it in the river, unaware it had a sprung plank.  After the divers raised it, he trucked it to our place and parked it in front of the cat shed, so to do any work on the cat I have to walk past his boat - guess which one's getting most of the attention!

I'll PM you rather than naming the bloke in the thread.

Cheers

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Recidivist said:

Yep, pretty sure that is the ex Magna Data / Xena / Grundig / AAPT. Sean Langman’s old Boat, which became Gusto 2.

But.... why would you do that???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason AUS said:

Yep, pretty sure that is the ex Magna Data / Xena / Grundig / AAPT. Sean Langman’s old Boat, which became Gusto 2.

But.... why would you do that???

Which Harburg chartered, so Paps isn’t too far off. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chimp too said:

When it isn’t a VO70, how exactly does this fit the thread?

Never heard of drift?

9033E91C-9959-4554-BFA9-6FE6116A2192.thumb.jpeg.d9d51478ca68528c64c588d89b01e08e.jpeg

Telefonica Black in Hamble. Looking a bit of a mess, has a split daggerboard and the lifting prop doesn’t appear to be working. The Fast 40+ mast tube to the right of boat is worth approximately double what the VO70 is worth...

7 hours ago, obsession01 said:

Where is Mar Mostro?

In SXM waiting for delivery crew to bring her to Europe (sailing as I Love Poland now).

HW

9 hours ago, JL92S said:

9033E91C-9959-4554-BFA9-6FE6116A2192.thumb.jpeg.d9d51478ca68528c64c588d89b01e08e.jpeg

Telefonica Black in Hamble. Looking a bit of a mess, has a split daggerboard and the lifting prop doesn’t appear to be working. The Fast 40+ mast tube to the right of boat is worth approximately double what the VO70 is worth...

What's wrong with the mast tube to make it so cheap?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JL92S said:

lifting prop doesn’t appear to be working.

Theres a lot of growth to be cleaned off thats for sure, I did wonder if that was normal for a lifting prop, I mean water still gets in there right? (I'm asking I don't know, I've never had the luxury of a lifting prop :lol:)

10 hours ago, JonRowe said:

Theres a lot of growth to be cleaned off thats for sure, I did wonder if that was normal for a lifting prop, I mean water still gets in there right? (I'm asking I don't know, I've never had the luxury of a lifting prop :lol:)

They’ve just stuck a folding prop on it instead!

56 minutes ago, JL92S said:

They’ve just stuck a folding prop on it instead!

Ah I failed to notice that one, oops :lol:

15 hours ago, TUBBY said:

What's wrong with the mast tube to make it so cheap?

He means that whole VO70 package as it sits there is worth less than the Fast40 mast sitting on the ground next to it.

26 minutes ago, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

He means that whole VO70 package as it sits there is worth less than the Fast40 mast sitting on the ground next to it.

7fd20e45c0ca91f3c5a35afeb6c28a33.jpg

6 hours ago, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

I got that

But twice what the 70 is worth is still cheap for that tube!

18 hours ago, TUBBY said:

I got that

But twice what the 70 is worth is still cheap for that tube!

£350k for the mast for a 40 footer