• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Student_Driver

Well Armed Yachtsman Arrested

176 posts in this topic

http://nypost.com/2016/07/29/east-river-sailor-busted-for-carrying-unlicensed-weapons/

Thought this one was too good not to share. Has anyone seen this yacht? Apparently the yacht's skipper is an automobile dealer cruising on 110 foot sailing yacht with his family and a cache of weaponry.

Caught with a revolver, rifle and two shotguns. Hmm I know sailors who would regard that as the bare minimum for a 30 footer.

110 feet and I would be thinking 50 calibre Ma Deuce at least and maybe a 20 mm Oerlikon plus some grease guns for close up stuff.

Revolver, rifle and two shotguns are a "cache" now???

<laughing> no, according to most news outlets, thats now an "arsenal"

Getting caught in New York City or anywhere in New Jersey with a handgun and no local permit and you will spend at least three if not ten years in jail. Simply missing your exit and accidently crossing a bridge into NJ without a NJ handgun permit has put several in jail for years. How we allowed out gun laws to differ from state to state with reciprocity is a travesty.

"A person carrying a firearm without a valid permit in New York City could be charged with "criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Second Degree," a felony. Unlawfully carrying a firearm in New York City is typically punishable by a prison term of 3 1/2 years."

I don't think you "accidentally" do anything, when you have a handgun on you. If you're traveling with one and you illegally cross over into nj, nobody's fault but your own.

Goes by the name of Jack. Well known around the Chesapeake. At one point he had a Hinckley 70 named Yes. Our gun laws are all fucked up and a mess. He may be in jail for a very long time for "smuggling' those guns into NYC and the State of New York no matter how clean or how many permits he may have from other states.

I don't think you "accidentally" do anything, when you have a handgun on you. If you're traveling with one and you illegally cross over into nj, nobody's fault but your own.

You've never missed an exit?

So the Coast Guard is enforcing State and local gun laws?

Did the Coast Guard just call the locals? I would assume NYPD water unit. Now my experience is the Coast Guard making arrests outside of any State waters so I am very curious.

I am from the south...there are kids around with a better stocked gun safe!

What chaps my ass is there being a constitutional right to own guns. To me the constitution is your gun permit.

Any law enforcment agency or government establishment stating otherwise is committing an act of treason.

In one famous a case a single mom with a clean record and full permit to carry in Pennsylvania missed her exit in downtown Philly. Realized she was crossing the bridge into New Jersey. She cross the bridge then made an illegal u turn to return back across the bridge. She was stopped and informed the police officer who stopped her there was a weapon in the car. She was arrested and spent years in jail. Another relocating CEO from Colorado drove his car with the now "illegal' handguns into the state of New Jersey and spend years in jail under the mandatory sentencing laws. Yes, you can easily cross a border with a gun that is very legal and appropriate in one justification and an automatic felony in another. I have no sympathy for predators or those out to harm others. I do think it is BS to lock up people who mean no harm and have done no harm.

What chaps my ass is there being a constitutional right to own guns. To me the constitution is your gun permit.

Any law enforcment agency or government establishment stating otherwise is committing an act of treason.

You have a right to own and carry a long gun just like a soldier. That is the intent of the Constitution. You have no right to conceal any weapon nor possess any weapon that can easily be concealed.

How do foreign ships dock in New Jersey and New York? I can assure you that there are numerous nations that definitely have guns aboard. Just do not declare? This sounds like if Jack aboard Yes had just told the Coast Guard no guns aboard he would have been fine.

No...Supreme Court disagrees with you on Constitution sorry...However if the Court believes that the impact of State and local laws infringe on god knows what this might change....argue Impact not Constitution.

Did the Coast Guard just call the locals? I would assume NYPD water unit. Now my experience is the Coast Guard making arrests outside of any State waters so I am very curious.

"prompting a call to the NYPD’s Harbor Unit. Police seized a revolver, rifle and two shotguns from the safe." In New York the guy is now a serious felon with mandatory minimums.

That sounds like the Coast Guard. Sounds as if Jack did himself in.

Maybe, I get the mistake in missing your exit but the notion that you're passing under the Whitestone bridge and don't know you're in NYC? This was not something that the skipper didn't know that he was doing. Also, do you really think that a guy carrying a handgun, a rifle, and 2 shotguns doesn't have a pretty sophisticated idea about guns and the fact that some places aren't all that permissive. I'm sure the NRA gets money from him every year by telling him how they waterboard you if you own a gun in New York.

Politicians are ruining this country.

Getting caught in New York City or anywhere in New Jersey with a handgun and no local permit and you will spend at least three if not ten years in jail.

"in theory", the FOPA (firearms owners protection act) has some protections. It is a federal law that says "if it is legal to possess where you started your trip, and it is legal to possess where you are going, you can't be prosecuted for passing through places where it is not legal to possess." So, if I'm traveling from Oregon to Nevada, and cross through a corner of California where my rifle is considered an "assault weapon", in theory I'm protected under Federal law.

There are some conditions. It has to be unloaded and locked in a hard case out of the reach of the occupants of the vehicle. But in the case of the OP, it seems like being locked in a safe should suffice.

Unfortunately when you are dealing with bureaucrats and many law enforcement agencies they lack common sense.

Obviously someone carrying a load of assault rifels should be brought in for questioning.

If he is causing no harm and not showing them off not to mention no threats being made tell the guy to gtfo. Are there not human traffickers or gangs on the street that deserve more attention than this guy?

How do foreign ships dock in New Jersey and New York? I can assure you that there are numerous nations that definitely have guns aboard. Just do not declare? This sounds like if Jack aboard Yes had just told the Coast Guard no guns aboard he would have been fine.

No...Supreme Court disagrees with you on Constitution sorry...However if the Court believes that the impact of State and local laws infringe on god knows what this might change....argue Impact not Constitution.

Most ships do not have weapons so as to not run afoul of local laws. In any case you are a smuggler or worse if you do not declare everything when you go through the C&I process. In most cases the weapons must be in a seal location of the duration of the visit. In some cases the port officer will hold them for you. In this case if the paper is correct. Old Car Dealer Jack illegally carried firearms into NYC. Whether a car, boat, plane, or bicycle the person taking a pistol into NYC is a serious felon.

politicians created this country. Sorry for you confusion

"prompting a call to the NYPD’s Harbor Unit. Police seized a revolver, rifle and two shotguns from the safe." In New York the guy is now a serious felon with mandatory minimums.

thanks - cleared that up. I was wondering about the Coasties enforcing local gun laws.

of course, we know that being on a boat does not get you normal privacy protections you would have in a house. Be careful.

Unfortunately when you are dealing with bureaucrats and many law enforcement agencies they lack common sense.

Obviously someone carrying a load of assault rifels should be brought in for questioning.

If he is causing no harm and not showing them off not to mention no threats being made tell the guy to gtfo. Are there not human traffickers or gangs on the street that deserve more attention than this guy?

The handgun(s) will be the major issue that may keep Jack in jail for the rest of his life. Unless the long guns had short barrels I would expect little long term issues with the innocent possession of those. He will face mandatory minimum real jail time for each weapon with a short barrel of any type. He will spend at least 24 hours in the catacombs waiting to see a judge. Then the barges at Rikers Island until he finally gives in and pleads guilty allowing him a pass to the nicer state penitentiary. NYC is the worst place in America to get arrested. Jack would have been much better off if the Feds or USCG had arrested him. 1,000 of people are arrested everyday in NYC. The process is daunting and their is no "rich guy" pass.

Which is wrong because an arsenal is a place where weapons are manufactured. The word they want (but never use) is "armory."

I'm not too familiar with NY & NYC gun control, but I'm not aware of any place that licenses guns. Gun owners, maybe. (I think they are mostly called "permits.") I wonder if they had any clips for that revolver. (Yes, that's a joke.)

Amen, you're using "responsible for your actions" logic there though, something 2016 Merica doesn't so much believe in much less follow anymore, we are in the times of blame someone/something as a scape goat and move on quickly so as to bury any blame/responsibility/liability you may become bothered with...much less accountable for!

So sad this woman won't be 1st lady....she looks as hot in her fifties as she did in her twenties!!!!

She got arrested for blowing and banging one of The Donald's security guards under the Palm Beach lifeguard stand and that was just a little more than The Donald's ego could swallow. Somehow the guard's life ended up being ruined and he has since killed himself. Maybe she could get a boat with the daughter Tiffany for Kenny to drive and dive on.

Which is wrong because an arsenal is a place where weapons are manufactured. The word they want (but never use) is "armory."

I'm not too familiar with NY & NYC gun control, but I'm not aware of any place that licenses guns. Gun owners, maybe. (I think they are mostly called "permits.") I wonder if they had any clips for that revolver. (Yes, that's a joke.)

Can you teach us about "assault rifles" and "weapons of war"....

Getting caught in New York City or anywhere in New Jersey with a handgun and no local permit and you will spend at least three if not ten years in jail.

"in theory", the FOPA (firearms owners protection act) has some protections. It is a federal law that says "if it is legal to possess where you started your trip, and it is legal to possess where you are going, you can't be prosecuted for passing through places where it is not legal to possess." So, if I'm traveling from Oregon to Nevada, and cross through a corner of California where my rifle is considered an "assault weapon", in theory I'm protected under Federal law.

There are some conditions. It has to be unloaded and locked in a hard case out of the reach of the occupants of the vehicle. But in the case of the OP, it seems like being locked in a safe should suffice.

FOPA requires that you go basically non-stop. Originally, that meant not stopping for lunch and maybe not stopping for gas. That has been made a bit more realistic, but I think it still means not going a mile off route to pick up a buddy.

The guy started in Maryland, no slouch in the gun control department. He was probably in violation of bunch of laws at home.

Can you teach us about "assault rifles" and "weapons of war"....

Not gonna. There are lots of gun owners who think the keeping the world straight on the difference between "assault rifle" and "assault weapon" will preserve their 2A rights. I'm not one of them.

I wonder if they had any clips for that revolver. (Yes, that's a joke.)

Not that it matters, but clips for revolvers are a thing.

Mvc-002f.jpg

I wonder if they had any clips for that revolver. (Yes, that's a joke.)

Not that it matters, but clips for revolvers are a thing.

Mvc-002f.jpg

Add years if any of the handguns were semi automatic, add years if any of the weapons or magazines were loaded with more the seven rounds. I am not sure how much extra time if any you get for the autoloader clips or speed loaders.

The seven round limit is no more. But the rifle may have violated the safe act and all of the guns are a no go in NYC

The seven round limit is no more. But the rifle may have violated the safe act and all of the guns are a no go in NYC

Seriously? The rifle and shotgun have to be permitted? That's nuts, and I'm a Californian-we know how to do nuts.

In one famous a case a single mom with a clean record and full permit to carry in Pennsylvania missed her exit in downtown Philly. Realized she was crossing the bridge into New Jersey. She cross the bridge then made an illegal u turn to return back across the bridge. She was stopped and informed the police officer who stopped her there was a weapon in the car. She was arrested and spent years in jail. Another relocating CEO from Colorado drove his car with the now "illegal' handguns into the state of New Jersey and spend years in jail under the mandatory sentencing laws. Yes, you can easily cross a border with a gun that is very legal and appropriate in one justification and an automatic felony in another. I have no sympathy for predators or those out to harm others. I do think it is BS to lock up people who mean no harm and have done no harm.

This single mom?

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2014/09/24/no-jail-time-for-single-mom-who-brought-handgun-into-nj-by-mistake-n1896404

No prison time, not "years in jail", out of custody when she was offered PTI.

Seriously? The rifle and shotgun have to be permitted? That's nuts, and I'm a Californian-we know how to do nuts.

BGPsSPGCMAI2RL1.png

Clearly you've never met a New York liberal. They're all batshit crazy. They're a different breed than their California brethren. The Cali crowd just wants to spend all your money. The New York crowd wants to control your life.

So, some urban myths didn't survive the trip from cleveland to the real world, thank goodness.

Honestly, can you blame Maples, after she whores herself out to the Donald (world's worst fuck amirite ladeez?) she wants to have fun. I'd be out partying all night if hanging out with that blowhard lying asshole was the alternative, as would everyone.

politicians created this country. Sorry for you confusion

Rich, white, slave owners who committed treason founded this country. That constitution had its flaws but was really headed in the right direction. Now its used as nothing more than a prop in a museum.

Criminals have more rights than law abiding citizens.

The only ones that have the time to sit around and protest all day are the same ones on unemployment suckling at the government tit asking for more welfare while the elderly and ones actually in bad enough shape to need disability get screwed because they play by the rules.

I love sailing. I also love ranting on my boat. Ill rant again later...its the kids bedtime

The only ones that have the time to sit around and protest all day are the same ones on unemployment suckling at the government tit asking for more welfare while the elderly and ones actually in bad enough shape to need disability get screwed because they play by the rules.

Fraud will destroy this country.

It's too bad the only people elected to office anymore commit the worst type of fraud..............Lying to you while the are fucking you.

Why would you want to carry guns on your boat, is it that dangerous ?

fishing

fishing

I thought that was what the grenades were for. Guns were for pirates.

I worked with a guy who had a part time job care taking the summer ranch for someone very well off. This gentleman spent most of his time on his yacht in the south Pacific.

When he sold his yacht my co-worker brought in some of the guns stored on board to sell.

All of them were stainless and in very nice shape.

Apparently he loved the Pacific islander women and was prepared for the worst. I hear that chlamydia is afraid of a 12 gauge

fishing

Are sharks scared of guns ?

You have a right to own and carry a long gun just like a soldier. That is the intent of the Constitution. You have no right to conceal any weapon nor possess any weapon that can easily be concealed.

Dick Heller and Otis McDonald have a right to handguns. Because they do, so do all of the people.

(There are three easy ways to take it to PA.)

Dick Heller and Otis McDonald have a right to handguns. Because they do, so do all of the people.

Youre so silly. Everyone knows the constitution doesn't apply in NY.

This is a perfect example of how unreliable the press can be.

The 110 sailing vessel is actually a 1982 126' steel Feadship raised pilothouse powered by 3412TA Cats carrying 10,433 gallons of fuel.

The 70' Hinckley Jack owned was actually a 75' Little Harbor (on YW as Aries now)

Youre so silly. Everyone knows the constitution doesn't apply in NY.

Its 95 degrees, ive already downed a six pack of sam Adams and the wind is just inconsistent enough to make me unhappy with any of my three head sails.

I dont wanna get into politics.

I considered nyc, cali, hoa's and bed bath & beyond all places i have no use for and will never visit.

You're an idiot.

This shyte belongs on PA.

Maybe some of it does, but to those of us who move OPB's boats around for fun and profit it's a genuine issue.

Towards the end of my pro delivery career I was bringing a boat from the West side of Fla to Boston. On board were an assault style rifle, a street sweeper shotgun and a .45 pistol, all in stainless in a custom,easy access hidden cabinet. The guy who hired me asked if I was comfortable with the weapons on board, and given where I was going I thought sure, being of the better to have it and not need it mindset.

It was pretty much the delivery from Hell, whose apogee came when closing in on Montaulk and it started going pear shaped when I couldn't get the prop shaft to stop spinning and got worried the stuffing box, which was whipping around, letting in a fair amount of water, was going to rip right out. For the only time in over 50 years on the water I rang up the Coast Guard and told them what was going on, explaining that if it let go, I might not have a chance to call them. They were great, made a couple of suggestions, and asked if I could get into Montalk with my draft, and when I said yes directed me to land there.

When we got there the next day, and the boarding I knew was coming started, the first question was, as it usually is, are there any weapons on board? Next thing I know there's a lady Trooper telling me I could go to jail for a long time. We talked for quite a while as I explained the situation and told her my presence in New York wasn't my idea as well as the difference between active and constructive possession (I was grasping at straws by then) and eventually she sent me back to get my wrist slapped by the CG for not having a Trash Placard, and I never saw her again.

What did I learn? Don't carry weapons interstate. That was 25 years ago, maybe there is a way to do it legally now. Not an issue for me at the moment so I haven't looked.

My personal political opinion is gun legislation is pointless until it is nationalized.

And then only the criminals will have guns!

Maybe some of it does, but to those of us who move OPB's boats around for fun and profit it's a genuine issue.

Towards the end of my pro delivery career I was bringing a boat from the West side of Fla to Boston. On board were an assault style rifle, a street sweeper shotgun and a .45 pistol, all in stainless in a custom,easy access hidden cabinet. The guy who hired me asked if I was comfortable with the weapons on board, and given where I was going I thought sure, being of the better to have it and not need it mindset.

It was pretty much the delivery from Hell, whose apogee came when closing in on Montaulk and it started going pear shaped when I couldn't get the prop shaft to stop spinning and got worried the stuffing box, which was whipping around, letting in a fair amount of water, was going to rip right out. For the only time in over 50 years on the water I rang up the Coast Guard and told them what was going on, explaining that if it let go, I might not have a chance to call them. They were great, made a couple of suggestions, and asked if I could get into Montalk with my draft, and when I said yes directed me to land there.

When we got there the next day, and the boarding I knew was coming started, the first question was, as it usually is, are there any weapons on board? Next thing I know there's a lady Trooper telling me I could go to jail for a long time. We talked for quite a while as I explained the situation and told her my presence in New York wasn't my idea as well as the difference between active and constructive possession (I was grasping at straws by then) and eventually she sent me back to get my wrist slapped by the CG for not having a Trash Placard, and I never saw her again.

What did I learn? Don't carry weapons interstate. That was 25 years ago, maybe there is a way to do it legally now. Not an issue for me at the moment so I haven't looked.

My personal political opinion is gun legislation is pointless until it is nationalized.

You should have learned a pipe wrench, vise grips, clamp, or piece of rope would stop the shaft from spinning.

Not for much longer!

Just for about 5 more months

Not for much longer!

You are correct. And then a non-politician will take over ruining it......

Unless somone comes in and fires all judges, senators, congressmen, clears out all city halls, removes the federal reserve, forces wellfare benefactors to take drug tests and take career building classes jesus couldn't bring this sinking ship to shore.

Did i mention putting a bullet into all lobbiest?

How senators who make sub 300k a year can increase their net worth a million plus a year....i wanna know what bank is giving those cd interest rates

Unless somone comes in and fires all judges, senators, congressmen, clears out all city halls, removes the federal reserve, forces wellfare benefactors to take drug tests and take career building classes jesus couldn't bring this sinking ship to shore.

How senators who make sub 300k a year can increase their net worth a million plus a year....i wanna know what bank is giving those cd interest rates

Boat wasn't the Mayan by chance was it?

Don't forget. Jack is total tool. He can suck it.

I've been saying for a while now that it would only cost something like $273 to wipe the slate clean at the national level and start over.

You should have learned a pipe wrench, vise grips, clamp, or piece of rope would stop the shaft from spinning.

Actually all of those other than a clamp had been tried and had failed. I had the most success with a set of channel locks and a hose clamp until they broke. I also probably could have hove to until it calmed down, but I didn't have a lot of sea room.

As I said, the delivery from Hell.

One of those Vice Grips with the bicycle chain that are used on pipe work great as a makeshift shaft lock.

Z3_xuxfo5oy.JPG

"Don't carry weapons interstate"

Anyone with a life living or working in the NYC, New Jersey, Conn or similar geography could find the statement not practical. Any gun permit/registration should be a part of your driver's license or other government ID with full reciprocity between the states. Some who live in central Florida, Wyoming, or mid Texas may not get that until the day they find themselves in jail facing a felony.

Suggest you read the Heller decision, which sets out the intent of the Constitution. Very few jurisdiction let you "carry" a long gun, especially if it's a gun similar in appearance to what a soldier might carry.

I think carrying guns, long or hand, in the open where all others could see would lessen crime and weed out the trash stupid enough to try.

Exercise your American right, keep the peace and thin the heard all at the same time.

Anyone else having blts on the boat today?

I think carrying guns, long or hand, in the open where all others could see would lessen crime and weed out the trash stupid enough to try.

Exercise your American right, keep the peace and thin the heard all at the same time.

Anyone else having blts on the boat today?

You should read the Heller decision

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_of_Columbia_v._Heller

"Don't carry weapons interstate"

Anyone with a life living or working in the NYC, New Jersey, Conn or similar geography could find the statement not practical. Any gun permit/registration should be a part of your driver's license or other government ID with full reciprocity between the states. Some who live in central Florida, Wyoming, or mid Texas may not get that until the day they find themselves in jail facing a felony.

That would be great for Idahoans, which is now a permit-less state where any non-felon can carry concealed weapons.

Suggest you read the Heller decision, which sets out the intent of the Constitution. Very few jurisdiction let you "carry" a long gun, especially if it's a gun similar in appearance to what a soldier might carry.

I count 30 open carry states

https://www.google.com.ni/search?q=open+carry+states&oq=open+carry&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3j69i60l2.6544j0j4&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Not for much longer!

At least it will be a change.

I can't wait for the wall to go up ;)

Spare me the ideology and other failures of good judgement. If you have a loved one trying to head out the house like this. Or demonstrating some other form of antisocial behavior. Do us all a favor and kick their ass straight before the cost adds up to something greater.

adodds_unabomber.jpg

Trayvon-Martin-17.jpg

Trayvon-give-the-finger.png

The free country, "American Values", and The Constitution(s) provided rights and privileges to all. Treyvon first made his neighbor fearful then acted in a further manner that ended up with him dead and great suffering for many. Treyvon's family and educators all played a part in the combination of decisions that created a tragic chain of events. The blame for the trainwreck starts with his parents.

Not for much longer!

We already have hundreds of miles of wall between the US and Mexico. Wall voted for by Senator Hillary and championed by Sen. Schumer and Jesse Jackson at the time. Mexico is well on their way to building their own wall to the South on their border with Guatemala. What Trump is really promising is to fix and finish the wall started by others long ago.

main_900.jpg

mexico-1.jpg

One of those Vice Grips with the bicycle chain that are used on pipe work great as a makeshift shaft lock.

Z3_xuxfo5oy.JPG

Works tits to get the crank nut/bolt off the front too. Put the chain in belt groove.

Not for much longer!

We already have hundreds of miles of wall between the US and Mexico. Wall voted for by Senator Hillary and championed by Sen. Schumer and Jesse Jackson at the time. Mexico is well on their way to building their own wall to the South on their border with Guatemala. What Trump is really promising is to fix and finish the wall started by others long ago.

main_900.jpg

mexico-1.jpg

that's just fucked up.

BooYah - please tell me, what should I wear, and what should I think so that I don't offend the obviously greater sensibilities of fine folks like yourself?

Bless your heart - I am certain you mean well, but you're obtuse.

Not for much longer!

main_900.jpg

mexico-1.jpg

that's just fucked up.
missed by that much...

BooYah - please tell me, what should I wear, and what should I think so that I don't offend the obviously greater sensibilities of fine folks like yourself?

Skip the ideology and focus on the world we live in. Should anyone you care about possess anything like the combination below? Those that care about him should get rid of that crap before the sun comes up again. Right or Wrong you should not expect to be treated well when dressing, posing, or acting the part of a gangsta. Obtuse and Ignorant is standing by and watching love ones leave the house like this:

11-Year-Old-deemed-suspicious-by-Florida

prostitute-.jpg

2e5ed22b04f0a790292f8df6a3a81697.jpg

Doing a little follow-up. I read that Jack was released the same afternoon. Later I saw the boat in Sag Harbor. Sounds like his vacation has not been derailed completely by an arrest.

Not terribly surprised to read that the news was inaccurate. Jack was on a boat and had guns that much is true. He was not "sailing" and the boat was not 110 feet. Sounds about right. Every news article that I read where I am involved or have the front seat to the facts, about 50% accuracy seems average.

Skip the ideology and focus on the world we live in. Should anyone you care about possess anything like the combination below? Those that care about him should get rid of that crap before the sun comes up again. Right or Wrong you should not expect to be treated well when dressing, posing, or acting the part of a gangsta. Obtuse and Ignorant is standing by and watching love ones leave the house like this:

11-Year-Old-deemed-suspicious-by-Florida

prostitute-.jpg

2e5ed22b04f0a790292f8df6a3a81697.jpg

Assholes abound.

Big deal.

Doesn't negate the constitution or the freedom to be able to protect oneself and one's family.

You meant to use this photo. ;)

inside-chipotle630.jpg

prostitute-.jpg I'll take the door on the right...

Yours for the low price of. . . . .

Comes with free chlamydia!

They've got to be European girls - I've seen cops, no American hookers look that good.

The local rag in Annapolis reported he had an expired permit (assume for NY, but wasn't clear).

The purpose of having a full time professional captain managing every aspect of the boat and crew is so the owner does not have to worry about the boat being legal.

People who run larger boats up and down the coast have been showered with state & federal gun laws and updates.

BTW don't exceed 9 knots in right whale protected zones. Huge fine and your ais is tracked.

so when the trooper asked if you had weapons you said "yes"? the correct answer should have been, " not that I know of, i'm the delivery captain"

In the aviation community, any peace officer can ask a pilot for certain documents, License, ID, Medical Certificate, Aircraft Registration, at any time and the licensee must provide them. But only the FAA can order a ramp check and inspect the plane for airworthiness, which they occasionally do. This is applicable in that DHS and even airport personnel have been approaching transient aircraft demanding to perform ramp checks and the aviation community is divided about 50/50 over whether or not to demand a search warrant beforehand. In the analogous situation USCG can board at any time for a safety inspection but, and this is the tough part, if they ask whether or not you have guns aboard, and let's say you do, are you obligated to answer or do you say "show me your search warrant"? We seem to have a trend in this country of law enforcement pushing the limits at the expense of constitutionally protected personal liberty. It's not going to change until people start pushing back.

In the aviation community, any peace officer can ask a pilot for certain documents, License, ID, Medical Certificate, Aircraft Registration, at any time and the licensee must provide them. But only the FAA can order a ramp check and inspect the plane for airworthiness, which they occasionally do. This is applicable in that DHS and even airport personnel have been approaching transient aircraft demanding to perform ramp checks and the aviation community is divided about 50/50 over whether or not to demand a search warrant beforehand. In the analogous situation USCG can board at any time for a safety inspection but, and this is the tough part, if they ask whether or not you have guns aboard, and let's say you do, are you obligated to answer or do you say "show me your search warrant"? We seem to have a trend in this country of law enforcement pushing the limits at the expense of constitutionally protected personal liberty. It's not going to change until people start pushing back.

You almost always have the "Right to Remain Silent". In virtually any jurisdiction with virtually any kind of law enforcement or regulatory authority if you lie you have committed one or more crimes. The USCG can take apart any boat they want in the search for contraband.

Sorry, but when it comes to Coast Guard boardings, you don’t have any rights.

The U.S. Coast Guard Boarding Policy:

Title 14 section 89 of the United States Code authorizes the U.S. Coast Guard to board vessels subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, anytime, any place upon the high seas and upon any waterway over which the United States has jurisdiction, to make inquires, examinations, inspections, searches, seizures, and arrests. The U.S. Coast Guard does not require a warrant to conduct search, seizures, arrests over any United States Waterway or high seas. The U.S. Coast Guard also have full legal law enforcement power on any land under the control of the United States, as needed to complete any mission.

Sweeping powers. In a paper in the William and Mary Law Review, law scholar Greg Shelton says, “In terms of enforcement power, Coast Guard boarding officers are clearly America's "supercops."” Another law scholar, Megan Jaye Kight, says, "As such, these provisions comprise what has been accurately characterized as 'one of the most sweeping grants of police authority ever to be written into U.S. law.'"

Resist the USCG and the fine and penalty is $10,000 and Ten Years.

Well that's a cold shock. I guess the moral of the story is don't carry anything illegal on the high seas or any US waterway. That's probably where ICE and DHS get their heavy handed approach to pilots and airplanes.

But the illegal things are always the most fun ones

Do you really want to get into limiting your rights to only exactly those things that existed when the Constitution was written? Because that argument is sort of like saying freedom of speech doesn't extend to the Internet since the Founders didn't have one.

+1 and I am certain many more will join in.

And, the sad thing is most of the time the issue is money for the county, the citizen is really a conveyance, even and annoyance. Pleading cases is not about justice, it is about money and vengeance, IMHO.

If the swab had a gun and a clean record, so. Seems a home is a home, regardless whether it floats or sits on ground.

Common sense should rule, not item procedure!

You almost always have the "Right to Remain Silent". In virtually any jurisdiction with virtually any kind of law enforcement or regulatory authority if you lie you have committed one or more crimes. The USCG can take apart any boat they want in the search for contraband.

Sorry, but when it comes to Coast Guard boardings, you dont have any rights.

The U.S. Coast Guard Boarding Policy:

Title 14 section 89 of the United States Code authorizes the U.S. Coast Guard to board vessels subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, anytime, any place upon the high seas and upon any waterway over which the United States has jurisdiction, to make inquires, examinations, inspections, searches, seizures, and arrests. The U.S. Coast Guard does not require a warrant to conduct search, seizures, arrests over any United States Waterway or high seas. The U.S. Coast Guard also have full legal law enforcement power on any land under the control of the United States, as needed to complete any mission.

Sweeping powers. In a paper in the William and Mary Law Review, law scholar Greg Shelton says, In terms of enforcement power, Coast Guard boarding officers are clearly America's "supercops." Another law scholar, Megan Jaye Kight, says, "As such, these provisions comprise what has been accurately characterized as 'one of the most sweeping grants of police authority ever to be written into U.S. law.'"

Resist the USCG and the fine and penalty is $10,000 and Ten Years.

Maximum penalty. You also have to actively & intentionally hinder their operation. Not cooperating is not reason enough to be charged.

Seems to me, the courts found a floating domicile to be the same as a "home." Not arguing, but implying precedent to change current maritime (USCG) statues to recognize certain subtleties as they present themselves, gun/dope running notwithstanding. Common sense should rule, even with naive young law enforcement personnel. Some of what I read above just makes me whince!

Seems to me, the courts found a floating domicile to be the same as a "home." Not arguing, but implying precedent to change current maritime (USCG) statues to recognize certain subtleties as they present themselves, gun/dope running notwithstanding. Common sense should rule, even with naive young law enforcement personnel. Some of what I read above just makes me whince!

When you take your car, your boat, or even your backpack onto the public thoroughfare across county and state boundaries you have given up you claims of your vehicle being a home. The middle of the channel is the same as being in the middle of the road. Anytime the USCG wants to search your boat and even take it apart you have to step aside and let them have their way.

When you take your car, your boat, or even your backpack onto the public thoroughfare across county and state boundaries you have given up you claims of your vehicle being a home. The middle of the channel is the same as being in the middle of the road. Anytime the USCG wants to search your boat and even take it apart you have to step aside and let them have their way.

While that is the law it doesnt not make it right.

Your boat plane rv camper tent motorcycle etc are your property and you should have the right to protect it from any threat. This includes a domestic threat.

A government only makes decisons based on the best interest of its people when it has a healthy fear and respect for its people. This does not exist when the govt squashes every constitutional right we have. The people who vote dont seem to care. Otherwise we wouldn't have had Obama or Clinton or the bush family tree. We shouldn't even be considering Hillary as a viable candidate even if you are a Democrat.

Imo ny and nj state law infringes on our constitutional right. Hand gun, shot gun, rifle...they are all guns. Im not sure anyone killed by a hand gun ever said i really wish that would have been a hunting rifle, would have hurt less.

Dohcdelsol93sol +1.

I understand, "officer discretion," and also understand orders given to an anal officer are narrow and likely followed regardless of consequences, but that same officer is likely to perform criminal acts or harm others in "doing his duty" as the record shows...no, the law does not spell it out, only precedent from the hard going to overturn stupidity that harms all of us, strategically.

Justice is too often determined by money, but lost time and subjective harm to others is never retrieved. IMHO.

If only common sense was taught in school instead of group dynamics.

If only that uscg officer that had boarded your boat had taken common sense on highschool rather than early ottoman empire history he would make a clear decision that his boarding a vessel with no probable cause was an infringement on any Americans constitutional rights.

That uscg officer should be sending Jack a check reimbursing him for the inconvenience.