Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shavdog

Need Bottom Advice

In September I plan on taking off the bottom paint on my J22...theres multiple layers...What I would like to end up with is vc17....After I am down to gelcoat whats the process.....I would make any repairs fair everything in and put on a barrier coat?....Would Interprotect 2000 be a good choice?.....After the barrier coat is on would I sand that lightly?....And lastly....I live in a cold climate, could I get rid of the old bottom paint this fall and leave the rest until spring...is that a problem?....thanks for any advice...

Vc17 goes over IP2000 nicely but it hides nothing. Make sure your undercoat is perfectly fair. Are you spraying or rollering? For burnishing the VC, I use pieces of paper grocery sacks, but a buffer works well too. Scotchbrite is too coarse. But that's what I do. Gouv will tell you what you should do, and my advice would be to listen to him carefully (especially any references to tits). Peace!

Thanks for the advice...I went over to the fixit menu and found all kinds of information....where I should have been in the first place...sorry about that.