Sign in to follow this  
gjbike

Hamilton Race Week results ( so far)

Interesting results so far. FE 28R holding it's own but not winning (beating a lot of boats to the finish line but not on time). In race 1 a FE28R was only 15 minutes behind the Melges 32's at the line after 3 1/2 hrs racing and in race 2 only 10 min behind a Melges 32 after 6 hrs racing! Beat a POGO 12.5 to the line and time in race 2!

Here is link to race results: http://www.topyacht.net.au/results/2016/ahirw/series/racecruz/series.htm

Here is video: http://www.hamiltonislandraceweek.com.au/gallery/race-week-tv-radio

here are entrants:

BOAT NAME SAIL NO SKIPPER DESIGN STATE EHC DivNo BORN TO MENTOR L53 John Sinclair Sydney 32 QLD 0.945 1 FAREAST 28R AUS067 Noel Leigh-Smith Fareast 28r QLD 1.130 1 FUSION 313 Greg Outridge Pogo 12.50 QLD 1.100 1 HAMILTON MENTOR L1 Roen Quinn Sydney 32 QLD 0.945 1 HAYWIRE HY135 B Young / T Bartram Beneteau First35 WA 0.965 1 HYDRAPLAY USA176 Justin Hickey Mini Transat 6.5 VIC 0.990 1 LEEWARD 6833 Steve Ball Beneteau First 40 NSW 1.055 1 MAC 2 USA153 John McDougall Melges 32 NSW 1.140 1 MARGARITA PEARL 31 Gary McCarthy Elan 31 QLD 0.965 1 NAUTICAL CIRCLE A169 Ian Prentice Archambault 40 NSW 1.065 1 ONYX L320 Matt Owen Sydney 32 ACT 0.952 1 PANTHER AUS070 Steve Orourke Melges 32 NSW 1.140 1 PENSIVE MYC10 Bruce Davis Nsx38 NSW 0.990 1 PETER LEHMANN BREAKT 6834 Ben McGrath Beneteau F40 NSW 1.055 1 ROCK N' ROLL AUS320 Kim Williams Melges 32 NSW 1.140 1 SYDNEY 6070 Charles Curran Murray 60 NSW 1.220 1 WHALEWATCHINGSYDNEY 202 Ian Ford Mbd41 QLD 1.080 1 WHITE NOISE SM3535 Daniel Edwards / Milton Green Beneteau First 35 VIC 0.965 1 XC3SS AUS216 Peter Woodhead Melges 32 NSW 1.140 1 ZEN 3838 Mark/Mike/Mal Sydney 38 NSW 1.090 1

Woohoo!! The FE28R came in 6th and 9th in 3rd and 4th races placing it 12th overall. Always just behind the Melges 32's to the line but actually beat 2 Melges 32's on time in one race. Faster than a number of 35 to 40 ft boats. Must have been windy!!

Fareast was first today & OCS in the other I'm pretty sure. Looks like a great little boat, doesn't look under canvassed to me & a lot less crew than the Melges to sail. Can see why they have sold well.

The Fareast skipper is a former Melges32 owner and national champion in that class. No slouch. Someone on the Facebook has hinted at a Super11 concept for next year. Defintely worth investigating.

Fareast was first today & OCS in the other I'm pretty sure. Looks like a great little boat, doesn't look under canvassed to me & a lot less crew than the Melges to sail. Can see why they have sold well.

Very impressive results- just a tiny bit slower than the Melges 32 in boat speed and able to beat it on time in handicap races. With a 38:1 SA/D ratio it's hard to argue it's under-canvassed. Mine gets fully powered up in 8 kts TWS . A carbon mast might give it that little bit extra speed to match the Melges. Would love to pimp the crew of the FE28R at Hamilton about rig tune, how they sail it, etc. If any Aussie knows how to contact them would appreciate a PM.

Very impressive results- just a tiny bit slower than the Melges 32 in boat speed and able to beat it on time in handicap races. With a 38:1 SA/D ratio it's hard to argue it's under-canvassed. Mine gets fully powered up in 8 kts TWS . A carbon mast might give it that little bit extra speed to match the Melges. Would love to pimp the crew of the FE28R at Hamilton about rig tune, how they sail it, etc. If any Aussie knows how to contact them would appreciate a PM.

FarEastYachts.com.au will get you to the owner

Stop trying to justify your bad purchase to the rest of us!

Can't tell if your joking but I am putting up info strictly for those who have an interest. Everyone else is welcome to ignore any and all of my posts. If you see " started by GJBike" under a new topic don't open it it will likely be more of the same :rolleyes: BTW-I am more than happy with my purchase :P:D

"pimp the crew" ? You will be offering others a race ready collective of primo boat slutz?

😀😀Thats a term we used in school when we were asking tons of questions to get info from someone- usually an expert on the subject

Great job on the FE28 at Hamo. As a Tiger owner i have been sceptical of the FE28 performance. I know how difficult it is to keep a well sailed M32 honest.

I was at Hamo on a Magic25 a load of fun for no money. Got to see and talk to a lot of the Melges and F28 guys. There was a lot of love for the little counter stern contender. Bring her back to Syd Harbour Regatta for 2017 and i will make sure the quicker Tigers do the whole regatta in 2017 to give u a true benchmark.

Lets hope the Sydney based FE28 comes out to play in Super 30's starting Sept 10

"pimp the crew" ? You will be offering others a race ready collective of primo boat slutz?

Thats a term we used in school when we were asking tons of questions to get info from someone- usually an expert on the subject

I do hope your parents were not paying fees! On an international and or even a national forum it is obvs that someone using the term that describes adding bling or performance to something inanimate. Maybe your school missed out on the term "pump the whatevs", as a more realistic scenario & colloquial nic? Then again maybe that sounded rude and gay so pimp sounded more hetro?

That's what we used to say in medical school when the supervising docs quizzed the students or interns to see how well they knew their patient's diagnosis. That was in 80's long before it became popular in shows like "pimp my ride". Sorry for any confusion. As the owner of the first FE28r in the USA ( and only one so far as far as I know) would love to benifit from other owners also racing this boat re sail trim, rig tune, how to get best performance, etc, etc.

Great job on the FE28 at Hamo. As a Tiger owner i have been sceptical of the FE28 performance. I know how difficult it is to keep a well sailed M32 honest.

I was at Hamo on a Magic25 a load of fun for no money. Got to see and talk to a lot of the Melges and F28 guys. There was a lot of love for the little counter stern contender. Bring her back to Syd Harbour Regatta for 2017 and i will make sure the quicker Tigers do the whole regatta in 2017 to give u a true benchmark.

Lets hope the Sydney based FE28 comes out to play in Super 30's starting Sept 10

It is done. Super 30 schedule for SHR... from Super 30 Div Rep...

'...it is proposed to include both days of the Sydney Harbour Regatta, instead of just Saturday, and doing two races each day as part of the series. First day 2 x Sprints and second day 2 x fixed short courses.'