• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  

As always I am rooting for my Hawks!

​But in recent news, Kapernick is still a douchebag

Romo is out for the season (that had to hurt)

Half the Prima Donnas in league don't deserve the status the have.

There are a few teams out there that try to not tolerate the kind of BS some of these guys feel entitled to. But they are few and far between

WL

There are plenty of white felons in tgat crowd!

Most of my interest will be focused on NFC West. Cardinals are a tough team for my Hawks.

Rams moving to LA simplifies some of the road games.

49ers are a experimental team with Chip Kelly taking over.

Pretty sure the Seahawks make it back to the SB this year!!

WL

Yep. :)

Suffered through dome pretty miserable decades of mediocre football.

I know lots of people are Pete Carroll heters, and probably with reason. But what he and Schneider have put together is pretty amazing!

Says the insufferable homie!

:P

WL

There are a few teams out there that try to not tolerate the kind of BS some of these guys feel entitled to. But they are few and far between

WL

I thought he was going to miss only part of the season.

WL

NFL Network today said 1/2 is best case scenario but it could be all season. Jury is out.

I know lots of people are Pete Carroll heters, and probably with reason. But what he and Schneider have put together is pretty amazing!

WL

You had mediocre? I would have KILLED for mediocre football in the nineties.

That time period is what is known as the "Lost Decade" to us Bengals fans, though it really lasted more like fourteen years. From 1991 - 2002 we had one .500 season, and seven seasons with four wins or less (4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2 wins in those years). 2003 & 2004 we struggled for mediocrity, and the light at the end of the tunnel turned out to not to be an oncoming train for the first time in a decade and a half in 2005.

Then this shit happened.

This year though, we're looking pretty damned good. We lost a few key players in free agency, like Marvin Jones (WR), Mohammed Sanu (WR), Reggie Nelson (FS), and a few others. But Marvin Jones, the Lions paid $40 Million for the guy, and Atlanta paid $32 Million for Sanu. We can't afford to keep those guys and A.J. Green...and Green is a hell of a lot better.

The team has a lot of depth, given we're drafting guys like Sanu and Jones that are playing 2nd & 3rd string that would start as marquee players on other teams, that doesn't suck. So the holes from FA really aren't stinging too badly and we've got some great talent developing. Dalton is looking sharp in pre-season and over the thumb injury

Defensively the D-Line is looking great Geno Atkins is back in Beast Mode, Pat Sims is back with us, and most of the line is returning. We've got some weaknesses in the safeties, though expectations are that Nelson, who has maybe two years left in him, won't be missed that hard. We're missing Vontaze Burfict for the first four games; last year we missed him at the beginning for injuries instead of bullshit suspensions. We still won without him.

The biggest glaring weakness is that Mike Nugent seems to be struggling to find the freaking goal posts a little in pre-season. This could be a problem.

The other problem is that with us heading to Oz in a couple of weeks, I'm going to have to get up at 3:00 in the morning to follow it live. Not a lot of bars & restaurants open then.

WL

well that's what they are saying. But ovarian cysts are tricky and it could be longer.

WL

well that's what they are saying. But ovarian cysts are tricky and it could be longer.Stellar. Well played.

WL

well that's what they are saying. But ovarian cysts are tricky and it could be longer.
Stellar. Well played.

Maybe he could get Brady to deflate them for him???

:)

WL

WL

That time period is what is known as the "Lost Decade" to us Bengals fans, though it really lasted more like fourteen years. From 1991 - 2002 we had one .500 season, and seven seasons with four wins or less (4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2 wins in those years). 2003 & 2004 we struggled for mediocrity, and the light at the end of the tunnel turned out to not to be an oncoming train for the first time in a decade and a half in 2005.

Big deal, a lost decade. The Lions do that every 10 years.

You claim 22 wins in 7 years is rough, try 20 in 7.

One playoff game won in 58 years. The Bengals have outdone that in a single season.

One weekend of preseason left that will see the starters out for just a series or two and then all the wannabees giving it their all. One of my favorite parts of football season is picking up my dad and bringing him over for the games. Pretty far gone with Alzhiemers but still enjoys the game. He still gets mad if people try to talk about anything other than the game when its on.

This apple didn't fall far from that tree! :)

WL

My Bears look pretty pitiful so far. Lotsa starters out though so we'll see. It sure looks like the "O" line is gonna be a problem...........................again.....................Really sorry to lose that kid Crawford for the season.

My Bears look pretty pitiful so far. Lotsa starters out though so we'll see. It sure looks like the "O" line is gonna be a problem...........................again.....................Really sorry to lose that kid Crawford for the season.

Yep. Preseason injuries suck!

A friend of mine at church is a die hard fan from Chicago. Wore his Bears jacket and Cubs polo shirt this weekend. I almost felt like I should pray for him :)

WL

Yep. Preseason injuries suck!

A friend of mine at church is a die hard fan from Chicago. Wore his Bears jacket and Cubs polo shirt this weekend. I almost felt like I should pray for him :)

WL

Diehard would be a fair description of me as well. Every year we travel to Chicago on a weekend we can catch a Bear game in Soldier Field AND a Blackhawks game at the United Center on the same trip. I've been waiting and hoping the Cubs would get into post season play so I could do a triple and catch the Cubs at Wrigley......now this year it might actually happen and we can't go! Oh well......perhaps next year........

WL

Big deal, a lost decade. The Lions do that every 10 years.

You claim 22 wins in 7 years is rough, try 20 in 7.

One playoff game won in 58 years. The Bengals have outdone that in a single season.

Ok, the Liedowns might be the only team in the NFL with bigger whining rights.

A lot of Bengals fans whine that "the Bengals have never won a playoff game." Whiny little bitches, the world still went on before they were born.

Jesus, the Browns are even in the same division as the Bengals. You know they've sucked since almost forever, right?

I'm very aware of the Browns, being sort of a divisional rival we play them twice a year. The Bengals were started by Paul Brown after he got fired in Cleveland; there's a lot of history there.

Some people these days...call the "Browns" the "Ravens." The team has a long history of sometimes being good before the Super Bowl era.

The Cleveland Browns franchise was founded in 1945 by businessman Arthur B. McBride and coach Paul Brown as a charter member of the All-America Football Conference (AAFC). The Cleveland Browns dominated the AAFC, compiling a 47–4–3 record in the league's four active seasons and winning its championship in each of them.[12] When the AAFC folded after the 1949 season, the Browns joined the National Football League along with the San Francisco 49ers and the original Baltimore Colts. The Browns won a championship in their inaugural NFL season, as well as in the 1954, 1955, and 1964 seasons. From 1965 to 1995, they made the playoffs 14 times, but did not win another championship or appear in the Super Bowl in that period.

In the late '80s - the Kosar years, they were pretty decent. Since Modell moved the team to Baltimore in the middle of the night and they were reincarnated as an expansion team they've sort of sucked.

They both suffer being mid market teams; thank goodness for the salary cap of they'd both die off.

I don't envy their fans what the ownership and the NFL put them through with Modell. But they've deserved some of it.

For you Viking fans , your season just ended today... Bridgewater blew out his knee at practice..

Thats terrible........................hope he gets back next season.

Chicago_bears_mad.jpg

If you go to the NFL website and lookk at standings the Bears are currently leading their Division.

da bears...

WL

If you go to the NFL website and lookk at standings the Bears are currently leading their Division.

da bears...

WL

Yeah............I'm not looking for that to continue..........We open with Houston and Watt looks to be able to play.

For you Viking fans , your season just ended today... Bridgewater blew out his knee at practice..

Not much more sucks for a team than that.

Too bad for Teddy.........he was looking really good in pre-season and was looking forward to a great year. I don't even know who their backup is. They can have Hoyer..............

Hey....Sanchez should be available soon............

Kaepernick too..........

Too bad for Teddy.........he was looking really good in pre-season and was looking forward to a great year. I don't even know who their backup is. They can have Hoyer..............

Kaepernick too..........

Brady not doing anything for the 4 weeks of the season.....

WL

Kaepernick too..........

We're wondering in Cincinnati how much they're willing to give us for A.J. McCarron. He's good enough to start somewhere.

Preseason is over and its on to the regular season. 704 hopefuls are going to get let go on Saturday. Some will make practice squad, others back to selling cars or bagging groceries.

Seattle gets the easiest home opener of the season (10 point favorites) Followed by a trip to LA to play the enigmatic Rams. Then the 9ers come to town (two tickets in hand). I think a couple of black t-shirts with "Proud to Stand" and an American Flag are in order.

WL

Releasing Gould. 100+ points in his career with the Bears and they cut him.....

WL

Urlacher, Forte, Tillman, the list goes on. The Bears have a recent history of releasing players as they get a bit old and their performance begins to slip even a little or their injury rate climbs. Gould had a rough patch at end of 2015 and a couple PAT misses in pre-season. I guess Fox and crew like younger players. When he said he was gonna change things up I guess he meant more than the 4/3 defense........Now Cutler is the longest tenured player on the team. Don't forget the $3.5 million salary cap savings that goes along with Gould. If you ever doubted it's a business...........

So, a local writer has picked the Hawks to only go 9-7 and miss the playoffs. With losses to Jets,Patriots,Packers and both games with Rams and Cards.

No way that happens. As long as we can keep Suh form stepping on Russell Wilson this Sunday we should go 12-4 and win the West!

Rams have good D and always play us tough. Cardinals will be good on both sides of the ball. Hawks are better

Even with an early game against the Jets, we beat them.

Patriots will have Brady back from dealing with his soft balls.......

Packers will be a tough game.

Signed

The insufferable Homie

AFC West rivals should be very afraid of Denver after last night!

That kid looked like he was hanging out on the beach. Very relaxed. Broncos are going to be very good this year!

WL

AFC West rivals should be very afraid of Denver after last night!

That kid looked like he was hanging out on the beach. Very relaxed. Broncos are going to be very good this year!

WL

Denver looked tough. Hey....whats this about the Hawks all gonna sit down this week during the NA?

I am hoping. Alot. That it is much more eespectful and thoughtful than just sitting. Rumor is it will be a "unifying" demonstration.

Otherwise, this insufferable homie is done. :(

WL

Hate to say it, but it looks like a fun year to be from Wisconsin!

Yeah, but it looks like they brought their own officials with them. I hate bad officiating! No fan of the Packers or the Jags, but the zebras are deciding a close game in favor of GB.

WL

The league's worst team will likely have a crack at drafting Leonard Fournette/Dalvin Cook/Christian McCaffery/Nick Chubb, next spring. It is very early, but based on what I've seen in the preseason and in this first half of game one, I think that the Dolphins might be up to the task.

So, a local writer has picked the Hawks to only go 9-7 and miss the playoffs. With losses to Jets,Patriots,Packers and both games with Rams and Cards.

No way that happens. As long as we can keep Suh form stepping on Russell Wilson this Sunday we should go 12-4 and win the West!

Rams have good D and always play us tough. Cardinals will be good on both sides of the ball. Hawks are better

Even with an early game against the Jets, we beat them.

Patriots will have Brady back from dealing with his soft balls.......

Packers will be a tough game.

Signed

The insufferable Homie

And he stepped on him.....

All of a sudden I am excited about a bye week in the 4th week

WL

The league's worst team will likely have a crack at drafting Leonard Fournette/Dalvin Cook/Christian McCaffery/Nick Chubb, next spring. It is very early, but based on what I've seen in the preseason and in this first half of game one, I think that the Dolphins might be up to the task.

And a kicker too.

Yeah, but it looks like they brought their own officials with them. I hate bad officiating! No fan of the Packers or the Jags, but the zebras are deciding a close game in favor of GB.

WL

Settle down Francis. They got away with one bullshit call. They got tagged on the very next one. It takes balls for a a Seahawks fan to claim GB won on one bad call. Pretty sure that's how you guys started your last run.

And a kicker too.

Nah. He's alright, I think. That block goes to the line, Tunsil, if memory serves. I'd be fine with them getting a perfect, winless record, if it meant getting Fournette. With Miami's luck, they'd deliver the winless season and he'd stay for his senior year.

New Sunday Night Football song.................why do they have to screw with everything. Stupid song.......and here I been waiting all day for Sunday Night.

Sigh.......

Get off my lawn.

WL

Settle down Francis. They got away with one bullshit call. They got tagged on the very next one. It takes balls for a a Seahawks fan to claim GB won on one bad call. Pretty sure that's how you guys started your last run.
No issue with GB winning. The officiating all over the league sucked today.

My issue is when the zebras throw questionable flags that alter the outcome of the games.

Until NFL makes it a full time job and implements better officiating, I am always going to bitch about it

Rant over

WL

My Hawks did not look good. At. All.

Pure luck to come away with a W.

Miami's D is for real!

Our yardstick is next week against the Rams, it will tell us alot.

How about them Bears.....

WL

My Hawks did not look good. At. All.

Pure luck to come away with a W.

Miami's D is for real!

Our yardstick is next week against the Rams, it will tell us alot.

How about them Bears.....

WL

I'm actually pretty encouraged about the Bear game. Texans are a pretty strong D and we moved the ball better than I thought and the big question - the "O" line - did pretty good. Tackles were a little weak but the guards and center were rocks. Ground game is developing. "D" looked pretty good as well. Things should improve.

Better than I thought in only the second "rebuilding" year.

There seemed to be a lot of close games in week one. Not sure if it is because teams are gaining in parity of just the way the match ups worked out.

Cannot believe the Cards D could not stop the Pats. I really thought that was W for the Cards.

Of course I also thought the Haks would wipe the floor with the Fins.....

WL

Everyone thought the Cardinals would walk all over the Pats with three starters not even there. THEY WERE VERY WRONG!! When Brady gets back, and has four less games to get beaten up in, watch out!

Of course I also thought the Haks would wipe the floor with the Fins.....

WL

They did, the score just didn't show it. When the Dolphins D needed to step up, it couldn't. Phillips was out of gas. Williams was out. Wake isn't all the way back from his Achilles injury yet, I don't care what they say about it. In other words, no depth, and still no corners. Without that first wave up front that puts the pressure on, those corners get exposed and abused. It took until that last drive for that to happen, but it did. Don't get me started about the offense. The #2 running back wasn't even there because he was pouting so much about not being the starter that they left him at home.

ugh. Anyway, they're getting nowhere this year. Might as well get to the top of the draft. Play a bunch of guys, get a good look at the youngsters, and see who wants to stick around for a while.

Sol and Point Break in the booth calling a game would be most entertaining :lol:

The censors would be working overtime. By the second quarter the bleeper would have melted!

WL

Sol and Point Break in the booth calling a game would be most entertaining :lol:

The censors would be working overtime. By the second quarter the bleeper would have melted!

WL

;)

Chargers still looked better than the Rams last night. Talk about hard knocks...

WL

When you sit your #1 draft pick QB....and he doesn't even dress for the game................and your #1 RB from last year only gets 46? yards..........and you don't put any points up.............that's sad shit. Yep, the Rams are back.................. :D

I like them here though because now they are the no sell out blackout team and the Charger games are a sure thing. I like watching the Bolts if the Bears aren't on.

WHO DEY!

I didn't get to watch the game because we were en route to Brisbane, but it sounded like barn burner. I wish I'd seen it. Apparently our offensive line looked like crap because they let Dalton get sacked seven times.

But A.J. Green bought a timeshare on Revis Island, set up a picnic table, and had lunch.

For a game where we played our third string tight end (our starter, Tyler Eifert, led the NFL in TD's for much of last year and had the most among TE's, hurt himself in the fucking pro bowl) and our Defensive captain is serving an unwarranted suspension, with a new offensive coordinator, and we lost two top tier receivers to free agency, they did pretty well for their first game as an offensive unit.

In spite of the fact that Russell Bodine is one of the worst centers in the NFL, the rest of the O-line is really, really good. Didn't help, when you have a revolving door standing between the guards.

Overall from what I read, I'm encouraged. When Eifert and Burfict are back in a few weeks things will get more solid.

WHO DEY!

I didn't get to watch the game because we were en route to Brisbane, but it sounded like barn burner. I wish I'd seen it. Apparently our offensive line looked like crap because they let Dalton get sacked seven times.

But A.J. Green bought a timeshare on Revis Island, set up a picnic table, and had lunch.

For a game where we played our third string tight end (our starter, Tyler Eifert, led the NFL in TD's for much of last year and had the most among TE's, hurt himself in the fucking pro bowl) and our Defensive captain is serving an unwarranted suspension, with a new offensive coordinator, and we lost two top tier receivers to free agency, they did pretty well for their first game as an offensive unit.

In spite of the fact that Russell Bodine is one of the worst centers in the NFL, the rest of the O-line is really, really good. Didn't help, when you have a revolving door standing between the guards.

Overall from what I read, I'm encouraged. When Eifert and Burfict are back in a few weeks things will get more solid.

Yes, seven frigging sacks and he still burned up the field with passing yardage. Reminds me of Cutler the last few seasons. QB's won't last long that way.............

WHO DEY!

Yes, seven frigging sacks and he still burned up the field with passing yardage. Reminds me of Cutler the last few seasons. QB's won't last long that way.............

just ask RGIII.......

WL

So, after Russell Wilson got Suh'd in Sunday the Hawks brought in a rookie QB to compete wth Boykin who had a shaky preseason. It says that either there was a lack of decent experienced QB;s available (very likely) or they are comfortable that Wilsons ankle is no that bad. But then they brought back FB Tukuafu whose specialty is being a great blocking FB.

Wilson is tough but going 17 weeks without full recovery is going to make for a rough season for the Hawks.

If they wanted they could try and get him through the next two against division rivals Rams and 9ers, then rest him against Jets and Falsons. With the bye week in between it would give him enough time to heal and not lose any division games. More likely that he will just gut it out and rely on a good blocking Fullback!

WL aka insufferable homie

So, after Russell Wilson got Suh'd

You're not suggesting that was a dirty play, are you? I saw it in real time and slo mo, and it did not look intentional to me. He just stepped on his ankle during a play, at full speed. Granted, with his mass, that's gonna hurt anyone, but I can't see it being intentional. If it was, that guy has eye/foot coordination that happens at a speed that nobody has ever seen.

He's been cranky about being on a shitty team, as I would be, but he has been nothing but a model citizen since joining the Dolphins.

Jets........pretty impressive.....with two great players the Bears tossed (although Marshall was back in his disruptive mode so that was not so surprising).

Sigh.......

WHO DEY!

That's very unusual for the Bengals. I think last year it took half the season to give up that many. He was only sacked 20 times in 16 games last season.

Wow

Jets looked very good last night. Fitzpatrick was slinging it all over the field. They will be tough this year.

WL

Not tough enough.

*cough* Who Dey!

You're not suggesting that was a dirty play, are you? I saw it in real time and slo mo, and it did not look intentional to me. He just stepped on his ankle during a play, at full speed. Granted, with his mass, that's gonna hurt anyone, but I can't see it being intentional. If it was, that guy has eye/foot coordination that happens at a speed that nobody has ever seen.

He's been cranky about being on a shitty team, as I would be, but he has been nothing but a model citizen since joining the Dolphins.

Suh had one dirty play with Detroit, the rest was way overblown. Once the reputation was there, the assumption was against him. He will never be a leader in the locker room or community, but there is no question he is one of the best of his generation.

Suh had one dirty play with Detroit, the rest was way overblown. Once the reputation was there, the assumption was against him. He will never be a leader in the locker room or community, but there is no question he is one of the best of his generation.

Agreed

Never intended to imply his hit on Russell was anything other than clean. He's just got a rep after that one dirty play and he is a force of nature when he gets rolling. Russell is small and quick but Suh made it look easy to get to him.

What are the chances that his rep is from stomping on a guys leg and he takes out a QB by accidently stepping on him? Pretty ironic. But it was still a completely clean play.

WL

Eagles, all the way. This is our year*.

*I say that every year. One of these days, I'll be right.

My Team for the week = GO JAGUARS !!!!!!!

after watching the Sucking Fuckers AUGER-IN last week I'm kinda gettin into it ;)

Come take a walk on the wild side, Woody. You know deep in your heart you're becoming a Bengals fan.

This IS our year.

Really looking forward to seeing how the Hawks handle the Rams.

And how Pete Carroll handles the coliseum as a visitor..

Seahawks 17

Rams 3

WL

Seahawks 17

Rams 3

WL

Looks like you got the 3 right, too bad it was the wrong team.

Eagles, all the way. This is our year*.

*I say that every year. One of these days, I'll be right.

Cleveland Browns fans say that too

Baltimore nearly had a collective heart attack today, courtesy of the Browns.

Seahawks 17

Rams 3

WL

Looks like you got the 3 right, too bad it was the wrong team.
9-3.......that's pitiful. ;)

Woody should be happy, Bolts looked really good.........

What a shitshow in Pittsburgh.

I don't mind when you have more yards, more first downs, etc. and get outplayed where it counts. Today's game was free of injuries, fights, hairpulling coaches and other bush league antics.

What I DO mind is when you do that and lose because the freaking incompetent officials strip you of touchdowns, take the ball away from you, extend your opponents drives, and cut yours short.

It's not just me - out on Reddit STEELERS fans were bitching about how flagrantly awful the officiating was, to the point where they felt their own win was cheapened.

Only when you are playing in Heinz field is THIS not down. Note the knee on the ground and the football in Tyler Boyd's control. Refs called it a fumble and ended our rally. Even Dan Fouts, who HATES the Bengals and can't call a game from the booth without shitting all over them thought they got screwed. Freaking Stevie Wonder could ref in the NFL and do a better job.

usp_nfl-_cincinnati_bengals_at_pittsburg

Of course, it only really mattered because in 31 other freaking stadiums this is a freaking touchdown. Of course, our coaches dropped the ball, in spite of the automatic review by the incompetent refs they should have at least challenged it.

https://vine.co/v/5nqZ9Qv5KtA

Don't get me started on the missed holding calls, and the encroachment penalty that extended a Steelers drive where the replay showed Pouncey clearly moved.

[/RANT]

Bitter......party of one.......

(But I totally feel your pain)

Damn straight.

This is one in a long history with the Steelers where the Refs have done a crap job and affected the outcome. Last year's meetings were out of control.

I don't mind when you have more yards, more first downs, etc. and get outplayed where it counts. Today's game was free of injuries, fights, hairpulling coaches and other bush league antics.

What I DO mind is when you do that and lose because the freaking incompetent officials strip you of touchdowns, take the ball away from you, extend your opponents drives, and cut yours short.

It's not just me - out on Reddit STEELERS fans were bitching about how flagrantly awful the officiating was, to the point where they felt their own win was cheapened.

Only when you are playing in Heinz field is THIS not down. Note the knee on the ground and the football in Tyler Boyd's control. Refs called it a fumble and ended our rally. Even Dan Fouts, who HATES the Bengals and can't call a game from the booth without shitting all over them thought they got screwed. Freaking Stevie Wonder could ref in the NFL and do a better job.

Of course, it only really mattered because in 31 other freaking stadiums this is a freaking touchdown. Of course, our coaches dropped the ball, in spite of the automatic review by the incompetent refs they should have at least challenged it.

Don't get me started on the missed holding calls, and the encroachment penalty that extended a Steelers drive where the replay showed Pouncey clearly moved.

[/RANT]

Coulda been worse...we coulda had to listen to fuckin' Cris Collinsworth call the game...

[/RANT]

Coulda been worse...we coulda had to listen to fuckin' Cris Collinsworth call the game...

I'll take Collinsworth over Dan "Hold this while I take a dump on the Bengals" Fouts.

What are you guys bitching about! I had to sit through Troy Aikman and Joe Buck!

Then watch the officials call not one, not two, but three offensive pass interference calls to kill big play.

But the reality is that the Rams always play the Hawks tough and have beat us 5 out of last 6, including both games last year. They were 5-1 in the NFC West last year and 8-8 (or worse) on the season.

However, we always play the 9ers well and match up against them. So it will be fun going to that game next week.

RW looked impressive for a guy with a high ankle sprain. Didn't even miss a practice this week!

Go Hawks!

WL

WL

My issue is when the zebras throw questionable flags that alter the outcome of the games.

Until NFL makes it a full time job and implements better officiating, I am always going to bitch about it

Rant over

WL

Cough, cough

WL

WL

Rant over

WL

Cough, cough

WL

Yeah, you had no skin in that one......easy to be all.........impartial..........

Besides everybody knows the cheese heads should always lose......always.

Go Vikings!

You never hear complaints about officiating from the winners...........

That was the weird thing about this game. It was SO bad, that even Pittsburgh fans were complaining. Of course there are a few of the "we'll win any way we can" dochekayaks out there, but most of the people that appreciate not only their team but the concept of "fair play" had something to say about it.

The issue I have with the officiating is when it decides close games. But that's true of any sport with refs or judges. Not sure what the answer is but I think that the NFL is such a huge money maker that it would not hurt to at least try and address it with professional officiating.

Just my .02

WL

The issue I have with the officiating is when it decides close games. But that's true of any sport with refs or judges. Not sure what the answer is but I think that the NFL is such a huge money maker that it would not hurt to at least try and address it with professional officiating.

Just my .02

WL

After a few years of this bullshit, h oh start to wonder about the money.

Steelers gear is a big money maker nationally and globally, pike the Patriots. Bengals are not. If we win, no one gives a shit, but if the steelers win they sell more shirts.

Yeah, it makes some people think that way, and some people get chafed thinking we're getting our nuts busted to protect their brand. I'm not that paranoid, but I know a lot of disgusted fans that are.

Let's play a game called "How many offensive holds can you count?"

There were NONE called and Roethlisberger made the pass.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/9/18/12965346/how-many-offensive-holding-should-have-been-calls-can-you-spot

An improved version of "Count the Holds," now complete with at least a dozen new holds, including a half-nelson!

http://700wlw.iheart.com/onair/lance-mcalister-7818/vines-hold-on-a-second-15117710/