• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  

Next weeks matchup between Sehawks andd Falcons has the makings of a really, really good game. Both solid on D and both capable of putting up points.

Looking forward to it.

Go Hawks!!

WL

Next weeks matchup between Sehawks andd Falcons has the makings of a really, really good game. Both solid on D and both capable of putting up points.

Looking forward to it.

Go Hawks!!

WL

Both good, both birds of prey and yes should be a great game. A lot of teams are birds of pray which I am more familiar with.

Well no-one is gonna name their team the Songbirds..........or Robin Red Breasts................

I always thought the lingerie league missed out by not having a more "creative" team names.....

Feel free....

:)

WL

Chargers Lost Games Against 1-in-30 Million Odds: Report By Laura McVicker
Denicccoh.jpg
Getty Images
OAKLAND, CA - DECEMBER 24: Philip Rivers #17 of the San Diego Chargers gets sacked in the endzone for a safety by Denico Autry #96 of the Oakland Raiders in the third quarter of their NFL game at O.co Coliseum on December 24, 2015 in Oakland, California. (Photo by Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images)

There’s a sports saying “ball don’t lie.”

Well, an analyst tells The Wall Street Journal that in looking at the Chargers’ dreadful start to the 2016 season, the numbers don’t lie.

Financial analyst Seth Bienstock says that the Bolts “lost four games against all odds – actually not all odds, just one-in-30 million odds.” Yikes.

Bienstock said that if you look at four of the games in which the Chargers held a fourth quarter lead, at least half of them held a 99.9 percent probability of the team winning.

The Wall Street Journal article states that if you look at all four of those games combined, the Bolts had a .00000034 percent chance of losing. And yet they did.

“So if you ran a computer simulation of these games from these points 30 million times, the Chargers would lose all four just once,” Bienstock told the Wall Street Journal.

The article is an example of the growing national spotlight on the Chargers as they struggle with injuries and the ability to even win more than one game.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Chargers-Lost-Games-Against-1-in-30-Million-Odds-Report-396831251.html#ixzz4MtwaPXjb
Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

San Diego loves their Bolts.........I'm sure the team will receive widespread support in the upcoming vote. I think they're gonna have a pretty good year this year............

:rolleyes:

You know you're watching football with your wife when the firstb30 minutes is a uniform critique......enough with the uniforms already!

Woody must be pretty happy about the Chargers 1st quarter.

fuck those have to be the ugliest uniforms in existence , it's like watching boise state play syracuse..

how about the Steelers "bumblebee" uniforms

Roethlisberger-throwback.jpg

You know you're watching football with your wife when the firstb30 minutes is a uniform critique......enough with the uniforms already!

Woody must be pretty happy about the Chargers 1st quarter.

This is Bitchin

I just Love how the uniforms look

on My 80" UHDTV running as a monitor off my 4Gig 960 video card

Where it looks nostalgic - in Gray-scale mode

Wish I had an option to add slight ghosting and fandumb sparkles like 1960

I'm kind of disappointed our Fucking Sucking LA AssWhipes couldn't score 36 in 1st 1/2

Too bad like a bottle of Rum for 2nd place they don't give out something for Jumping out ahead

They are the Best @ that

But sadly they don't :-(

A nice 2nd 1/2 would have them extend the leader through the 3rd

And get Owned with a chance to Win at the end (in overtime?)

Only to have something ReDickYouLass happen Again for the "L"

This year they need to Suffer having had a chance

They are The Best at That

Weather Service has issued a WARNING as barometric pressure in Mission Valley has dropped to a Record LOW

Caused by two teams OUT-SUCKING each other

Denver barely squeaked a Loss to get the SUCKING Win thus allowing the chargers to keep their SUCKING coach

Members of the LGBTQ community walked out as both teams took to the field before the start of the game

protesting the uniforms obvious tastelessly cheap shot at dressing gay sponsored by the LA Garment District

YES on C members were out riding on the chargers band-moped

handing out "Rivers" throw-back Shirts and game tickets to the homeless in the river bed

But they just threw them back saying they don't want anything to do with helping a Billionaire Beg for a New'er Home

I'm sure going to miss the FUCKING SUCKING chargers and the presidential debaits

Always wanted to go to LA to watch the FUCKING SUCKING chargers on tv

maybe someone will invite me over to watch the FUCKING SUCKING chargers play the LA RAMz in the Superbowl

fuck those have to be the ugliest uniforms in existence , it's like watching boise state play syracuse..

Best Ever.

Though this is a much better angle from which to view them:

635819865213182755-1101BengalsSteelers-1

Or this...

image.JPG

Homer..........not that I can't identify with that outlook.......

I can enjoy pictures of Roethlingsberger getting sacked by anyone, really.

But yeah, total homer.

Homer..........not that I can't identify with that outlook.......

I can enjoy pictures of Roethlingsberger getting sacked by anyone, really.

But yeah, total homer.

I'd love to be critical but...........let he who is without sin..........I got no room to talk.

As bad as I feel about that call, I have lost count of the number of times I have lost my mind over phantom penalties that have killed gaming winning drives for the Hawks.

The NFL needs to make officiating a full time job with year round training.

WL

As bad as I feel about that call, I have lost count of the number of times I have lost my mind over phantom penalties that have killed gaming winning drives for the Hawks.

The NFL needs to make officiating a full time job with year round training.

WL

This^^

We lost by enough today that you can't blame officiating for the outcome.

But the officiating was, for the lack of a better word, bullshit. And it contributed a lot to the rough ending in the last quarter with a lot of nastiness between plays.

I have noticed that lots more calls than in previous years. I don't think they're "bad" but they are tossing the flag on an awful lot of borderline plays. "Let 'em play" isn't the current philosophy.

I have noticed that lots more calls than in previous years. I don't think they're "bad" but they are tossing the flag on an awful lot of borderline plays. "Let 'em play" isn't the current philosophy.

We see a lot of missed O-Holding; I think I linked to the analysis of the Steelers game where they literally missed 30+ Steelers holding fouls on plays.

Today we had one incident where Blount smacked a Bengal in the face mask after the play. Stripes threw flags, then declared no penalty.

A few other marginal things got called, some did not. It sorta sucks though when the calls kill your drives or extend the other teams. We had a BS "inappropriate contact" call on 3 & 18 that kept a Pats drive alive in the 1st half. And we had a missed clear mugging of the receiver in the end zone on a drive where we failed to get in on first and goal.

It's...maddening. And it seems to be worse when you play the teams that sell a lot of jerseys, though this could certainly be homer confirmation bias and false pattern seeking. But when the other team's pop into your fan forums and agree with you on the bad play calling, it makes you wonder.

Not wonder that it's a conspiracy per se, but an unintentional bias from the refs when there is a "bad guy" narrative on some teams and players vs. a hero narrative on others.

We see a lot of missed O-Holding; I think I linked to the analysis of the Steelers game where they literally missed 30+ Steelers holding fouls on plays.

Today we had one incident where Blount smacked a Bengal in the face mask after the play. Stripes threw flags, then declared no penalty.

A few other marginal things got called, some did not. It sorta sucks though when the calls kill your drives or extend the other teams. We had a BS "inappropriate contact" call on 3 & 18 that kept a Pats drive alive in the 1st half. And we had a missed clear mugging of the receiver in the end zone on a drive where we failed to get in on first and goal.

It's...maddening. And it seems to be worse when you play the teams that sell a lot of jerseys, though this could certainly be homer confirmation bias and false pattern seeking. But when the other team's pop into your fan forums and agree with you on the bad play calling, it makes you wonder.

Not wonder that it's a conspiracy per se, but an unintentional bias from the refs when there is a "bad guy" narrative on some teams and players vs. a hero narrative on others.

None of that should be construed to excuse Zampese's piss-poor play calling.

Holding has become a matter of degree call that is purely subjective and there is O-holding on essentially every play since grabbing someone from the front is legal but from behind is not. Generally comes down to when the O-player lets go. Sucks because everybody sees the transition point differently.

Agree there are way too many game breaking calls and no calls going on. Sherman got away with a huge PI call and it won the came for the sea chickens.

Holding has become a matter of degree call that is purely subjective and there is O-holding on essentially every play since grabbing someone from the front is legal but from behind is not. Generally comes down to when the O-player lets go. Sucks because everybody sees the transition point differently.

Agree there are way too many game breaking calls and no calls going on. Sherman got away with a huge PI call and it won the came for the sea chickens.

I'll give you that ine, to a point. Jones had a 50/50 of completing that catch with Sherman and Thomas covering. The ball was a bit to his left and those are two if the best in the LOB.

But absolutely agree it was PI and should have been called.

Game winner? 50/50

WL

god , those packer unis were terrible too.... put the G on the helmet at least...

1476670429-ns_16cowsPACKERS026gm.jpg?q=5

Man, I hate to win a game that way.

Go Hawks (He says a little ashamedly)

:/

WL

Pretty sad.

Falcons fan here. We wuz robbed. What really sucks is I'll bet we will have to play in Seattle again this year instead of you guys coming here now.

Man, I hate to win a game that way.

Go Hawks (He says a little ashamedly)

:/

WL

Pretty sad.

Falcons fan here. We wuz robbed. What really sucks is I'll bet we will have to play in Seattle again this year instead of you guys coming here now.

The way the Falcons are playing, I think you guys will end up with the better record and we will be coming to see you.

Just my .02

We have road games against Pats and Packers and host the Bills here (who have almost swept the NFC west)

Plus Rams as Cardinals who always play us tough.

You guys have Packers for a home game and the rest of your road games are against very beatable teams.

I see Falcons with home field advantage during the playoffs. But thats ok, because the Seahawks travel well!

Go Hawks

WL

Well no-one is gonna name their team the Songbirds..........or Robin Red Breasts................

I always thought the lingerie league missed out by not having a more "creative" team names.....

Feel free....

WL

Like the "BushTits"?

While we're whining...how is this NOT Defensive Pass Interference?

aptopix-bengals-patriots-football-a56f3a

from the picture , ball is touching hand of receiver , therefore db can hit receiver... call needs to be made made before receiver contacts ball

His hand didn't just MATERIALIZE there, clearly it was being held before the ball arrived. The ball is only just arriving at the instant the photo was taken.

Problem is, as was seen with the Seahawks/Falcons game, a lot of the calls/no calls go both ways. But most only remember the one call that "could have won the game". I couldn't watch that game, just heard it on the KIRO via the internet, but if Raibles commentary was anywhere close to reality, there were a lot of calls, both ways. We have been robbed a lot over the years, too. The refs just plain need to get better, especially on close games like that last one so that the refs don't have a play in who wins, even if it is just in our minds.

Problem is, as was seen with the Seahawks/Falcons game, a lot of the calls/no calls go both ways. But most only remember the one call that "could have won the game". I couldn't watch that game, just heard it on the KIRO via the internet, but if Raibles commentary was anywhere close to reality, there were a lot of calls, both ways. We have been robbed a lot over the years, too. The refs just plain need to get better, especially on close games like that last one so that the refs don't have a play in who wins, even if it is just in our minds.

When you lose two catches in the end zone to bad calls, and have two of your opponent's 3rd and longs turned into 1st downs that keep a drive alive that results in a touchdown...that's a pretty big swing.

GO ATLANTA !!!!!!!

Fuck the FUCKING SUCKING LA chargers

may the get nicked @ the end for another heartbreaking Loss !!!

every game I have flipped through looks to have a Shit-Load of Empty Seats !!!!!!

not that anyone cares about empty seats - Obliviously !!

How do the Falcons lose to the Chargers??

Seriously.

Time for Hawks to fly! They have been good against Arizon, we winning last 3 there.

Go Hawks!

WL

Wow. What a debacle! Cards control the ball for 45 minutes and still can't get a W.

Seahawks looked pretty awful on offense.

Yuk

WL

How do the Falcons lose to the Chargers??

Seriously.

Time for Hawks to fly! They have been good against Arizon, we winning last 3 there.

Go Hawks!

WL

Bosa

watched part of sunday night game last night, can't believe that was an nfl game... 16 punts? and ended in a tie...

Dueling missed chip shot field goals........which team will call Robbie Gould first?

Kinda pointless since he's playing for the Giants
Sarcasm......it was sarcasm...humor...bidding war...don't be so literal....you must be an engineer!

;)

I would love to see the iggles embarass the cowgirls. It is possible, but they will need to bring it.

Also seriously worried about my Hawks for tomorrow. 7 starters are out, including two of the pillars of the D, Chancellor and Bennet. I still think they can take the Saints. But it will require some rookies to play above their pay grade. Something the Hawks have been good at.

WL

Go Denver !!!!!

Go Denver - Kick Alex !!!!

and then there was quiet..................................

except obviously Woody

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!

wait yer turn ^_^-_-^_^-_-^_^

Go iggles.

Please, cowboy fans are insufferable when they are losing and unbearable when winning.

just read that Wade Phillips got whacked on the sidelines and taken to the hospital - reports said should be OK. He's a good guy and I would like him anyway for being Bum's son.

Go iggles.

Please, cowboy fans are insufferable when they are losing and unbearable when winning.

just read that Wade Phillips got whacked on the sidelines and taken to the hospital - reports said should be OK. He's a good guy and I would like him anyway for being Bum's son.

Well he's got a Bum Shoulder, Back, Rib Cage & Leggs :(

looked lige he got a Big Push and went over on his back

Lots of momentum coming at him & looked to me like the runner was trying lessen the blow with few options

Ok. Time for my weekly "the officiating sucks" rant.

Granted Seahawks were due to lose one because of officiating.

BUT 11 penalties for 80 yards vs

2 penalties for 15 yards.

You have Mike Pierera showing the pic plays that should have been offensive PI

You have defensive PI on Shead when he never touched the guy.

Awful. Just awful

:(

WL

BD,

I'm sympathetic to your pain.

The foot, that is. Go 'Pokes!

Thanks.

Not the outcome I desired, but it was a good game.

Kind of like my game, except it wasn't a good game.

The NFL should let them keep playing after one O/T. Or bring it down to place kicking, like soccer. Except we'd be fucked, since our kicker is so high quality he choked on an extra point in addition to a 40 yd FG, so we'd probably have lost that one.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17942959/percy-harvin-coming-retirement-sign-buffalo-bills-remainder-season

And there goes the Bills season!!! This guy is a cancer in the locker room. What were they thinking??

WL

You must be joking...PH is one of the greatest wide receivers in the history of football and an alumnus of the greatest college football program in the history of history...also has the hottest co-eds and best parties and finest beaches EVER!!

His time in Seattle as considered to be one of the few personnel mistakes that Carroll/Schneider ever made.

Locker room fights with teamnates, missing team meetings, taking himself out of a game because he was tired, questioning coaching decisions and yelling at coaches.

Yep, that is a top notch guy alright.

:(

WL

Looking forward to being able to watch the Seahawks again this week again. Thanks to Monday night football.

GO Titans

kick FUCKING SUCKING charger Ass in a Blow-Out or Heart Break last min WIN - yer choice !!!

GO FUCKING SUCKING chargers ALL the Way to LA (if they'll still take ya - PB ????)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17942959/percy-harvin-coming-retirement-sign-buffalo-bills-remainder-season

And there goes the Bills season!!! This guy is a cancer in the locker room. What were they thinking??

WL

You must be joking...PH is one of the greatest wide receivers in the history of football and an alumnus of the greatest college football program in the history of history...also has the hottest co-eds and best parties and finest beaches EVER!!

Sondes me that you realley licke hime.

WL

Sondes me that you realley licke hime.

Just quoting our old buddy BG...I kinda miss him...

When I was a kid, the ultimate football rivalry for Denver fans was the Raiders ... filthy, defensive football, usually with Oakland on top. Now after all these years, it's apparently back. Excellent Sunday night football.

Bolts played really well with a win. Woody that must make you feel better. It sure sets the stage for a big yes vote on your stadium tomorrow!

yes perhaps tomorrow

But come Vote in Kalifornia day they gunna BOMB !!!

but I guess they only need > 66% to win, ...................so :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: