• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  

He is an inspiration in how to recover from an injury!!

Pretty good at hurdles or playing with one hand behind his back too!

:)

WL

As far as Sherman hitting the kicker. LATE whistle, hit the ball, then the kicker.

BUffalo's kicker should have gotten a penalty for bad acting!

;)

WL

Bolts played really well with a win. Woody that must make you feel better. It sure sets the stage for a big yes vote on your stadium tomorrow!

yes perhaps tomorrow

But come Vote in Kalifornia day they gunna BOMB !!!

but I guess they only need > 66% to win, ...................so :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well @ bed tim it looks like the FUCKING SUCKING chargers will be checking LA Craigslist adds in the morning

If the chargers don't lock down LA gy JAN 1st the RAIDERS get to move to LA instead

Bubb Bye deano !!!!!!!!

MEAS C - CITY OF SAN DIEGO Downtown Stadium Initiative

Precincts: 769

Counted: 223

Percentage: 29.0%

NO 96906     60.29%
YES 63821    39.71%

Hay PB ........ you be sure to cut deano a Good deal when he comes crawling back on his warn-out neez

that he crawled back to DAGO after the last trip to LA to Rip you a New Stadium

Glad to see our mayor tried to help the Homeless FUCKING SUCKING Billionaire supporting his Section-8 applacation

Bubb Bye chargers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15016333_1133641866691815_74457211234698

Not so fast Woodster. You'll be relieved to know they still could and will likely stay. Whew!!! I know you must feel better now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/san-diegos-prop-c-fails-065123952.html

Instead of a difficult move to Los Angeles or even downtown San Diego, Spanos may now focus on trying to keep the team in Mission Valley, near Qualcomm's current location. He has previously been opposed to building a new stadium in Mission Valley, but it may now be on a short list of options in San Diego. Instead of paying a relocation fee upward of $600 million, Spanos would rather use a sum that large to remain in "America's Finest City."

"He obviously wants to stay in San Diego," Marc Ganis, a consultant who worked with the Rams and Raiders when they left Los Angeles in 1995, told the Union-Tribune.

The NFL doesn't exactly want to lose the San Diego market and Spanos doesn't want to move the team. It's now up to the city, Spanos and the league to find some middle ground.

Not so fast Woodster. You'll be relieved to know they still could and will likely stay. Whew!!! I know you must feel better now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/san-diegos-prop-c-fails-065123952.html

Instead of a difficult move to Los Angeles or even downtown San Diego, Spanos may now focus on trying to keep the team in Mission Valley, near Qualcomm's current location. He has previously been opposed to building a new stadium in Mission Valley, but it may now be on a short list of options in San Diego. Instead of paying a relocation fee upward of $600 million, Spanos would rather use a sum that large to remain in "America's Finest City."

"He obviously wants to stay in San Diego," Marc Ganis, a consultant who worked with the Rams and Raiders when they left Los Angeles in 1995, told the Union-Tribune.

The NFL doesn't exactly want to lose the San Diego market and Spanos doesn't want to move the team. It's now up to the city, Spanos and the league to find some middle ground.

The scumbag is ONLY pulling strings to HOLDOVER as a DeadBeat Tenant who Costs DAGO Money to host at the Q

FUCK HIM

$50 - $60 Milion Still Owed on the Last remodel to keep the Fuckers @ the Q and have StuperBall games

deano has till Jan 15th to sign on to LA

OR

You get the Raiders (Should they put up with life in LA .... Again)

FUCK THEM - FUCK HIM - FUCK EM AGAIN

DAGO has a Growing Homeless Problem that Includes a NotForLong team :o:lol::lol::lol::lol:

PB I know you will LOVE Them if once they are Your'z

:o:lol::lol::lol:

no really :wub:

I waz imprezzed

Your QB was on hiz back 1/4 the time of the Winning QB

guess yer guy was/is tired from All the YES-on C campaining

the chargers Will come back !!!

Bummer if the RAM'z have an event scheduled for the same time

Would be Great if the RAIDERS said they would be Happy to move into the Q

I Know "Yea Right" like TRUMP'z gunna Win :-O

Somewhat ironic to have the Seahawks defense beat the Patriot offense on a pass play from the one yard line...

Maybe they should have run it...

:P

WL

Woody.....I'm a Bear fan. The Bolts are your team.....and a darn good one at that. You'll be happy when they stay. Don't worry.

WTH happened to Rivers? Four picks in the fourth quarter, the last for the winning score? To the Dolphins, whose only decent player in the secondary is on IR? It's only taken thirty years or so, but the Dolphins can run AND pass now. Play the run and they will throw over you. Never thought I'd see the day.

Woody.....I'm a Bear fan. The Bolts are your team.....and a darn good one at that. You'll be happy when they stay. Don't worry.

WTH happened to Rivers? Four picks in the fourth quarter, the last for the winning score? To the Dolphins, whose only decent player in the secondary is on IR? It's only taken thirty years or so, but the Dolphins can run AND pass now. Play the run and they will throw over you. Never thought I'd see the day.

That was a bit of a surprise.......and they were uncharacteristic really bad throws. Made me wonder if the revivers blew the routes or?

At least Carroll is consistent.........

No one has ever gotten more of their money's worth from a piece of chewing gum.

That's funny........

What no hate for the 'boys? I guess everyone hates Pittsburgh more...

Was up in Charm City having a late lunch with my son on his birthday so got home for the last 5 minutes of the game. Nice finish for the cardiac kids. Defense should be back to two a days after getting burned on the fake clocking. Afraid to brag about the boys as they have screwed me before.

Was up in Charm City having a late lunch with my son on his birthday so got home for the last 5 minutes of the game. Nice finish for the cardiac kids. Defense should be back to two a days after getting burned on the fake clocking. Afraid to brag about the boys as they have screwed me before.

Next time, gimme a "heads up". I'd be delighted to buy you a burger at Alonso's.

About a 2 block walk from my house. We may need to call an Uber to get back.

Somewhat ironic to have the Seahawks defense beat the Patriot offense on a pass play from the one yard line...

Maybe they should have run it...

WL

That team always seems to provide drama when on national Tee Vee for some reason. Going all the way back to the Fail Mary.

The definition of a hoot:

FailedMary_Refs.jpg

Next time, gimme a "heads up". I'd be delighted to buy you a burger at Alonso's.

Will do. Had the family with me and didn't arrive at his apartment in Arbutus until 1430. Planned to go to Kokos but realized they are closed Sundays. Planned to give some love to Ellicot City after the floods but found out they were still closed for the most part so went to Catonsville Gourmet for some excellent seafood sandwiches since he was holding a design meeting (co captain of the UMBC Baja team) at 1800.

I'll come up for an excuse to come by myself soon.

Will do. Had the family with me and didn't arrive at his apartment in Arbutus until 1430. Planned to go to Kokos but realized they are closed Sundays. Planned to give some love to Ellicot City after the floods but found out they were still closed for the most part so went to Catonsville Gourmet for some excellent seafood sandwiches since he was holding a design meeting (co captain of the UMBC Baja team) at 1800.

I'll write your Excuse Note. No one does them like a teacher.

As for UMBC - I got thrown out of there back in the early 80s, when it was HARD to get kicked out. Something about a 0.33 GPA. Not like the school it is now. Dr. Hrabowski has done an amazing job.

Interestingly, my son's girlfriend lives in my old dorm - Patapsco Hall.

As for UMBC - I got thrown out of there back in the early 80s, when it was HARD to get kicked out. Something about a 0.33 GPA. Not like the school it is now. Dr. Hrabowski has done an amazing job.

Chris lived in the old section of Patapsco Freshman year and then moved to the new wing. Off to Walker Apts last year and out into town with a roommate this year.

Hrabowski rocks.

Chris lived in the old section of Patapsco Freshman year and then moved to the new wing. Off to Walker Apts last year and out into town with a roommate this year.

Hrabowski rocks.

We send a lot of students there, some as Meyerhoff Scholars. Excellent school.

When I was there, there were 3 dorms - Patapsco, Chesapeake, and Susquehanna. Surprised they didn't condemn our floor. I am sure it got a good delousing and fumigation.

When I visit, I don't recognize a thing.

Met a lady from the first graduating class (50 years ago) 2 weeks ago. Pretty interesting to hear how it all started.

Really good school now. Small enough to give each student personal attention and excellent academic standards. One of 4 schools in MD with ABET engineering accreditation (UMD, Hopkins, USNA and UMBC). Excellent place for your top students.

Wow. The Giants "D" ate the bungles. Giants go for the TD on 4th down and get it. I'm not a fan of Eli crybaby Manning but they played quite well. Good game to watch.

Wow. The Giants "D" ate the bungles. Giants go for the TD on 4th down and get it. I'm not a fan of Eli crybaby Manning but they played quite well. Good game to watch.

Giants looked very good. NFC is getting competitive at the top with Dallas (man,it hurts to type that) Seahwaks, Giants, and Falcons looking to make a run.

Short of new DV charges against Dallas's Elliot, they will run the table and have home field advantage.

WL

wow looks like the charger welcome wagon is having trouble finding a parking spot in yer town

Go help yer team settle in

15027416_1139630779426257_46290326067020

We looked pretty shitty at some moments, like that one.

Really, really poor coaching too. You get the ball with 1:00+ and one timeout (we won't talk about what happened to the other two, either...)...so let's run it up the middle. Then take our time...making a short pass up the middle. Then, with like 14 seconds left we FINALLY throw the ball towards 1st down distance to the side. Let the time run out with one TO on the board...

And our offensive line was a freaking joke.

Iggles coming to town Sunday. Should be a close, hard fought game. WR and TE will be looking for a defensive missile called Earl Thomas every time they reach up for a ball.

That hit on Gronkowski was brutal

WL

In other news, A.J. Green tore his hamstring, Giovanni Bernard tore up his ACL, and sadly nothing awful happened to Mike Nugent for missing two (2) PAT's today.

The only this worse than the shitty, stuttery streams I could find was the football that appeared in them.

So, who wants to talk about the draft?

In other news, A.J. Green tore his hamstring, Giovanni Bernard tore up his ACL, and sadly nothing awful happened to Mike Nugent for missing two (2) PAT's today.

The only this worse than the shitty, stuttery streams I could find was the football that appeared in them.

Fortunately, you'll be behind the 49ers who will pick a bust. So you've got that going for you.

Fortunately, you'll be behind the 49ers who will pick a bust. So you've got that going for you.

We're still ahead of a few teams, with 3 wins and a tie on the board. And one more game against Cleveland.

Meanwhile, my Bears lost the other starting guard which they just bought from Greenbay, AND TE Zach Miller out for the rest of the season with a broken foot, AND Alshon Jeffry still has 3 games on his 4 game PED suspension AND DE Floyd carried off on a stretcher with a neck injury may not be available next week. We're 2-8 going into the stretch. I'm betting we have the #2 pick as a solid possibility.

Meanwhile, my Bears lost the other starting guard which they just bought from Greenbay, AND TE Zach Miller out for the rest of the season with a broken foot, AND Alshon Jeffry still has 3 games on his 4 game PED suspension AND DE Floyd carried off on a stretcher with a neck injury may not be available next week. We're 2-8 going into the stretch. I'm betting we have the #2 pick as a solid possibility.

Your chargers didn't lose as they were packing boxes

I dunno man, the 9ers are traveling to the bears in 2 weeks. Could be their 3rd win... Kinda sucks doesn't it?

I dunno man, the 9ers are traveling to the bears in 2 weeks. Could be their 3rd win... Kinda sucks doesn't it?

Sigh..............

On another related subject, it seems there are a ton more injuries this year than I'm used to seeing. I know for certain the Bears have been decimated by a ton of injuries, but I see lots of teams struggling as well. Practice squad player are getting lotsa of activations and lotsa trading activity. Wonder whats up with that. On the GB/Skins game last night one graphic showed the difference between the old "Hogs" - the Skins famous "giant" O line - and the present lineup. The old Hogs were all around 250 which was big back then. The current Skins O line - the new "Hogs" are ALL well over 300. Well over 300. Bigger and faster might be starting to take its toll?

my favorite team now officially sucks.....

You live in LA ??

charger fan waking up ??

+1 on the draft but we get Ryan Pace to pick another offensive lineman when the real need is a quarterback who throws it more often to his own team than the opponents. The 2017 draft looks very thin for QB's and the Bears need one bad.

Thoughts?

Injury bug bit the Hawks too. Lost RB Prosise and Pope on the same night that Rawls makes his return. Prosis broke his scapula. How do you break a scapula in a football game?? Every trauma patient I ever saw that had a broken scapula was dead from associated trauma. Difficult bone to break.

WL

Look for NEW RULES & Regulations to make the NFL a Safer Workplace !!

+1 on the draft but we get Ryan Pace to pick another offensive lineman when the real need is a quarterback who throws it more often to his own team than the opponents. The 2017 draft looks very thin for QB's and the Bears need one bad.

Thoughts?

Everyone says it'll be a weak year for QB's so perhaps address the needs at O tackle and maybe some secondary depth and stay with Jay another year unless somebody scouts out remarkably. Also Cutler is reported to have a new shoulder injury that may end his 2016 season.......next year they have that kid Shaw coming back off his injury, if the injury doesn't ruin his mobility he impressed me. Hoyer is a drone.........he isn't the future. Whitehair is playing great at center and can play several line positions well. If Long and Sitton get back in good shape that could give us a stronger O line. D is good except maybe a little help/depth in the secondary, esp at CB.

Thoughts?

Everyone says it'll be a weak year for QB's so perhaps address the needs at O tackle and maybe some secondary depth and stay with Jay another year unless somebody scouts out remarkably. Also Cutler is reported to have a new shoulder injury that may end his 2016 season.......next year they have that kid Shaw coming back off his injury, if the injury doesn't ruin his mobility he impressed me. Hoyer is a drone.........he isn't the future. Whitehair is playing great at center and can play several line positions well. If Long and Sitton get back in good shape that could give us a stronger O line. D is good except maybe a little help/depth in the secondary, esp at CB.

We will sell you Romo. Has at least 3-4 more games before he breaks something again.

Thoughts?

We will sell you Romo. Has at least 3-4 more games before he breaks something again.

Don't think they won't look at him. I think he is at the point where he is an awesome backup. I don't think he can take the beating that goes with weekly starts.........his starter days are over. If JJ is smart and Romo is willing, he will work to keep Romo as a backup. Maybe he would pull a Doug Flute...........

Reports are that Cutler's shoulder injury is a torn labrum. His days as the Bears QB are over. Question is whether his career might be over as well.

Too bad the Bears suck at picking. Curtis Enis? Neil Anderson? Glossing past Rodgers?

They're good at kickers.

They need to sell the team or bring in real management. The McCaskeys have no clue what they're doing.

But, the fans still show up so...

Thoughts?

He's going to Denver

Well the Ravens let me down. So here's hoping that the Redskins can topple Prescott and company. My Hawks need a few teams to step up and bitch slap Dallas so we can get homefield instead of them.

But the Hawks still have to make their second cross country trip in two weeks and take on a Tampa team that has found some mojo. Should be a good game.

WL

Well, my Bears had 10 dropped passes.....10.....including the game winner in the end zone that hit Bellamy right between the numbers. Trevathian went out late with an ACL injury. That means of the 22 starters at the season beginning.....11 are out injured or suspended. On QB #4 who was released in preseason and resigned on Monday (he didn't do too bad either) while two QB's are out for season with broken bones and Cutler out again with shoulder. Sigh........

Meanwhile sea chickens got stunned and the Ravens last play to cinch the win over the bungles was pure genius and hilarious to watch. Apparently Harbaugh studied up on the rule book during the off season!

Tonight it's cheeseheads & iggles........hopefully the iggles can continue the cheeseheads spiral.

Well, my Bears had 10 dropped passes.....10.....including the game winner in the end zone that hit Bellamy right between the numbers. Trevathian went out late with an ACL injury. That means of the 22 starters at the season beginning.....11 are out injured or suspended. On QB #4 who was released in preseason and resigned on Monday (he didn't do too bad either) while two QB's are out for season with broken bones and Cutler out again with shoulder. Sigh........

Meanwhile sea chickens got stunned and the Ravens last play to cinch the win over the bungles was pure genius and hilarious to watch. Apparently Harbaugh studied up on the rule book during the off season!

Tonight it's cheeseheads & iggles........hopefully the iggles can continue the cheeseheads spiral.

Your lips to God's ear.

Seahawks got beat bad in Tampa. Ugliest loss in a long time. I'd like to blame it on the travel (at NE, back home, at TB) but the O line has been struggling all year and was exposed again.

That hurt to watch. Hopefully Britt is back this week to settle them down.

Go Hawks!

WL

Thoughts?

He's going to Denver

not after last nights game, denver has their qb... he looked good, nice touch on the ball...

Your lips to God's ear.

Come on Iggles........I never ask for much.........

Your lips to God's ear.

Alas, it was not to be.

Your lips to God's ear.

Alas, it was not to be.

Sigh. I hate it when Aaron Rodgers is happy.

Smug little shit that he is. He is still very good when he is on his game.

I really thought the iggles would mop the floor with them.

Of course, I thought the Hawks would handle Tampa differently too

:(

WL

Smug little shit that he is. He is still very good when he is on his game.

I really thought the iggles would mop the floor with them.

Of course, I thought the Hawks would handle Tampa differently too

:(

WL

He is one of the best........that doesn't help me not hate it when he is happy.

After last night my favorite team sucks just a little bit less.......

Rogers is definitely top 5 and it's nice when some of his teammates show up to help.....

Seahawks got beat bad in Tampa. Ugliest loss in a long time. I'd like to blame it on the travel (at NE, back home, at TB) but the O line has been struggling all year and was exposed again.

Go Hawks!

WL

Well you are playing the Panthers, everybody's "get right" team for 2016. Should be ugly. We're either on Concussion Protocol or on year IR. Either way, we're done...

we don't have a team

and no one carez

well I guess PB is starting to feel all warm an fuzzy for the return of

hmm forgot their name ;)

Go Hawks!

WL

I look forward to Dallas/Seattle in the playoffs. Striking examples of different cat-skinning philosophies. Dallas builds around o-lines and Seattle around defense. Follow the money, baby.

Oakland/Dallas superbowl. Remember, you heard it here first....

Go Hawks!

WL

I look forward to Dallas/Seattle in the playoffs. Striking examples of different cat-skinning philosophies. Dallas builds around o-lines and Seattle around defense. Follow the money, baby.

I was thinking last night, as I watched the game, that we could be watching a rookie quarterback (and RB) leading a team to a Super Bowl trophy. Amazing level of play. Just look at what has happened to MSU without Prescott.

Go Hawks!

WL

I was thinking last night, as I watched the game, that we could be watching a rookie quarterback (and RB) leading a team to a Super Bowl trophy. Amazing level of play. Just look at what has happened to MSU without Prescott.

As much as I detest the Boys..........they are a very good team this year and the two rookies make it more amazing. I'll still root against them....."America's Team" my ass...............but they are quite good. I really liked the way Romo handled the QB "controversy". Not since Tom Landry have I thought they did anything "classy". (Although I thought Jimmy Johnson was okay).

Go Hawks!

WL

As much as I detest the Boys..........they are a very good team this year and the two rookies make it more amazing. I'll still root against them....."America's Team" my ass...............but they are quite good. I really liked the way Romo handled the QB "controversy". Not since Tom Landry have I thought they did anything "classy". (Although I thought Jimmy Johnson was okay).

I cannot stand that team. I too respected Tom Landry, but that is the only positive for me from the pre-Jerry Jones era. The only positive after that was Emmitt Smith. Romo has handled that well, and barring an injury this year which puts the ball back in his hands, I'm betting he'll be playing elsewhere next year.

Go Hawks!

WL

State champions for a change...managed to beat Ole Miss for first time in three years...grasping at straws here Sol...but digging watching Dak tearing it up...

Cowboys are like the Raiders used to be for me. Once Al Davis was gone, I stopped hating the team. Once Jerry kicks the bucket I will start liking the Cowboys. But only a little....

WL

Go Hawks!

WL

The big uglies of Dalla's glory years were something to behold. I don't see any Tuineis, Newtons or Larry Allens in this batch but we are in the modern drug-testing era now. Masking has slowly become very very difficult indeed. Ungodly feats of strength are harder to find. Yet, the current batch are dominating people every game. Oakland has built their program the same way. I suppose franchises are always tempted to copy their glory years, should they have had any to recall...

Sorry Woody....

Cowboys are like the Raiders used to be for me. Once Al Davis was gone, I stopped hating the team. Once Jerry kicks the bucket I will start liking the Cowboys. But only a little....

WL

word. If they win the fukin SB it will be years of misery here listening to America's teams fan. Please have a heart to heart with your Hawks to up their game.

WL

word. If they win the fukin SB it will be years of misery here listening to America's teams fan. Please have a heart to heart with your Hawks to up their game.
It's hard to choose who should lose.......Pete Carroll or "Americas Team". WL, get a new coach to make this an easier choice.......

Cowboys win a few and all the haters show up.

BD. WTF? Bengals??????

It's not that they lost. They got smacked. I wasn't sure they would even get points on the board. Now, I am hearing of tension between the rookie QB and rookie coach.

I get to see them play, here in Baltimore, in 2 weeks. Hopefully, they'll make a game of it.

Apparently Kapernick doesn't play well in the snow. :)

Wanted to ruin the Bears draft chances...

Apparently Kapernick doesn't play well in the snow. :)

Wanted to ruin the Bears draft chances...

Damn......that's a good point. Sneaky bastard........

Can't wait for PB to start cheering for Both of hiz new teams

Ram-charger city of angelenoz

They should be regular # 1-2 1st round pickers cum draft time

sept the chargers who Go All the Way fucking that up 2

Carolina ran into a buzz saw, named Wilson!

My Hawks looked very good tonight. They had to to make up for that stinker last week!

PB- You should be nice to Pete, after all you old guys gotta stick together! ;)

Did you know he still surfs? 65 and still surfing.

WL

Too bad we lost Earl Thomas during that game today WL. Otherwise they looked really good again, and Wilson has found his legs again.

Was a very good weekend of football with the Huskies winning Friday too.

BD. WTF? Bengals??????

It's not that they lost. They got smacked. I wasn't sure they would even get points on the board. Now, I am hearing of tension between the rookie QB and rookie coach.

I get to see them play, here in Baltimore, in 2 weeks. Hopefully, they'll make a game of it.

The Eagles were not helped by the fact that Cincinnati, playing with many backups and without several key starters, actually showed up for the first game since October.

They actually were not lethargic and despondent, and they made plays and tackles and everything. Kind weird, given how the season is going.

But the Bengals are a VERY talented team, even our backups are pretty good. But our coaching has been utter shite this year, and we have the worse placekicker in the league and we won't cut him.

BD. WTF? Bengals??????

The Eagles were not helped by the fact that Cincinnati, playing with many backups and without several key starters, actually showed up for the first game since October.

They actually were not lethargic and despondent, and they made plays and tackles and everything. Kind weird, given how the season is going.

But the Bengals are a VERY talented team, even our backups are pretty good. But our coaching has been utter shite this year, and we have the worse placekicker in the league and we won't cut him.

BJ. They are just trying to screw up their draft picks so that they can disappoint you with their rookie crop next year.

Carolina ran into a buzz saw, named Wilson!

My Hawks looked very good tonight. They had to to make up for that stinker last week!

PB- You should be nice to Pete, after all you old guys gotta stick together! ;)

Did you know he still surfs? 65 and still surfing.

WL

He surfs? I might have to rethink this.

Commentators said during the game you might see Pete out surfing in Southern California waters. I doubt he surfs up in the PNW. When they brought this up it dawned on me that he sort of looks like SURFI