• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

This exciting free online sailing video of a couple who follow-the-sun around the globe from Greece, Australia, Turkey, and the rest of the seven seas

Imo their videos are kind of average. Dylan Winter's are interesting. The Delos crew has gotten really good on the production end, my only complaint is that the 'excitement' is manufactured. The charming videos are the ones posted by the Bulgarian family...mom shoots the video and their spunky 12yo daughter does the narration. Dad is a bit of a clown and adds the humor angle. It's Fata M-something.

Watching other people sailing(cruising) is imho like watching golf or a fishing show. It couldn't be any more boring.

Now, throw Gary busey and charlee sheen on board alone together on any of those activities and you will have my undivided attention.

Folks scoff, yet SLV has scored a new Outremer 45 catamaran, retails around $1 million, paid for with YouTube income. Yes, they're young and good looking, but their videos are interesting and well done - that's what makes them so successful.

Their videos are interesting? Fuck mate you need to get out more. The chick with the mono brow is cute but has no cans and the boyfriend is a moron. But not as big a moron as anyone who hits their PayPal button...

Folks scoff, yet SLV has scored a new Outremer 45 catamaran, retails around $1 million, paid for with YouTube income.

No it has been loaned to them by Outremer. Why would they pay for anything when they can get others to pay?. They have no experience with Catamarans apart from breaking into a capsized one and stealing stuff from it. They ran away when the owner showed up and then the mustached moron filmed himself dancing to a stolen CD. That was in the only episode of their crap I could ever be fucked watching all of. It was like a car accident - hard to look away.

But keep hitting the pay pal button mate and living their dream.

And as for the $1 million price tag...

7848500110_ff44408cf2.jpg

I've not been paying attention but that was those two pilfering from the overturned cat?

Not cool.

...yes we are living in this age when self-aggrendisment is open to the most average person. hurray!!! apparently even cruising is not enough "life", they have to "share" it & spend their time recording & editing vids.

to think that anybody could contribute cash...the mind boggles.

(& just in case they read this & are tickled pink that "envious people" post snide remarks: after 3 rtws no envy with this kind of "adventure" here!)

My wife and I did exactly what they are doing at their age. - we went to Europe, bought a boat and spent 3 years cruising. In the winters we went to the UK and busted our arses working to save money for the next season. Had a great time, and apart from writing the odd letter home, never felt the need to share with anyone what we were doing. We did it purely for our own enjoyment and education. More importantly we didn't expect anyone else to foot the bill. And my wife is just as cute but has much better tits.

Filming, editing, writing scripts, managing web pages and social media must take up most of their time. These poor dills have no idea what they are missing out on by trying so hard to convince their followers what a great and carefree life they are leading so they can beg for money. And now it will be even worse as they are no doubt contracted to produce hundreds of hours of infomercials each month with a pre determined number of product shots, logo and mentions about how great their sponsors cats are. But yep they are out there livin the life. In a nightmare of their own making.

The sad thing about the poor saps putting money in their tin is that they arnt even any good at it. Their cruising appears to be as boring as shit.

This Vagabond shit is simply two numbskulls documenting their supposedly unscripted real-life situations. I reakon they will have a celebrity or two on board shortly. Sound familiar??

With the exception of say Dylan the "turn left" guy most of this stuff is unadulterated rubbish. It is called reality TV. Interestingly they have gone into hock for this multi thinking the reality TV business is going gangbusters and they can't lose. Are they sure about that???

Take a quick glance, and the reality-TV business seems to be doing just fine. The Voice, Dancing With the Stars etc etc still draw draw million viewers every episode in the US less so in other markets. But look a little deeper and there are signs of trouble.

Most recent offerings appear to be going nowhere. Some 16 years after a mind-blowing tens of millions of viewers witnessed the first-season finale of Survivor, what is happening now?? Nothing as the boom days are finally over for reality TV.

Why?? simple it is called fatigue. It has left the people who make it and, arguably, those who watch, struggling to recapture the excitement of a once-vibrant genre. It is tired and is now in down cycle.

In response to this networks around the world are now launching more new comedies and dramas than ever before as they struggle both to find new hits and to keep up with the flood of new content from the Netflixes etc of the world.

This couple may find they are caught up in this shift, their viewer numbers have already peaked then start dropping.

If so then there could be cheap multi on the market around this time next year.

I thought I'd heard they were leasing it for a year, not buying it, but that wasn't clear in this latest video. I don't know.

Lots of people enjoy what they do, if you don't that's perfectly fine, different strokes. I'm not sure why a few here go out if their way (you can just ignore threads that don't interest you?) to criticize what others may enjoy. Tell us what you're doing that's of interest to others, a lot more convincing than just running down someone else.

I thought I'd heard they were leasing it for a year, not buying it, but that wasn't clear in this latest video. I don't know.

Lots of people enjoy what they do, if you don't that's perfectly fine, different strokes. I'm not sure why a few here go out if their way (you can just ignore threads that don't interest you?) to criticize what others may enjoy. Tell us what you're doing that's of interest to others, a lot more convincing than just running down someone else.

Well head over to rainbows and unicorn anarchy then.

It will be interesting to see what happens when something breaks. Will Riley be shown fixing it or will it be edited out ?

Any reality that casts them or their sponsors product in anything less than rainbows and waterfalls will obviously not be allowed under the terms of their sponsorship agreement.

This is now an infomercial. Hopefully the sad fools who hit the paypal button will realize this and save their money to enjoy their own dreams.

Folks scoff, yet SLV has scored a new Outremer 45 catamaran, retails around $1 million, paid for with YouTube income.

No it has been loaned to them by Outremer. Why would they pay for anything when they can get others to pay?. They have no experience with Catamarans apart from breaking into a capsized one and stealing stuff from it. They ran away when the owner showed up and then the mustached moron filmed himself dancing to a stolen CD. That was in the only episode of their crap I could ever be fucked watching all of. It was like a car accident - hard to look away.

But keep hitting the pay pal button mate and living their dream.

And as for the $1 million price tag...

7848500110_ff44408cf2.jpg

I Concur.

J.

Or you could head to haters anarchy...

Or you could head to haters anarchy...
Na- all they talk about in PA is trump.

My wife and I did exactly what they are doing at their age. - we went to Europe, bought a boat and spent 3 years cruising. In the winters we went to the UK and busted our arses working to save money for the next season. Had a great time, and apart from writing the odd letter home, never felt the need to share with anyone what we were doing. We did it purely for our own enjoyment and education. More importantly we didn't expect anyone else to foot the bill. And my wife is just as cute but has much better tits.

Filming, editing, writing scripts, managing web pages and social media must take up most of their time. These poor dills have no idea what they are missing out on by trying so hard to convince their followers what a great and carefree life they are leading so they can beg for money. And now it will be even worse as they are no doubt contracted to produce hundreds of hours of infomercials each month with a pre determined number of product shots, logo and mentions about how great their sponsors cats are. But yep they are out there livin the life. In a nightmare of their own making.

The sad thing about the poor saps putting money in their tin is that they arnt even any good at it. Their cruising appears to be as boring as shit.

Little boy - It can't be that you are upset with a crumbling sailing school and lost ability to charge for useless certificates now that these nice people have shown they are not needed? That can't be true. Or it can't be true that these nice people have sailed further than you ever dreamed. Leaving the Med and crossing the Atlantic and Pacific could it? That can't be any more true than those nice people getting to do it again in a boat you can't afford, can it?

So since that is not true, then why so angry?

Is it that they are young and out there doing it while you are old and can't?

Maybe times keep changing and they can't cover the boat payment some point down the road. So Outremer gets the boat back and these nice people move on to the next thing with the memories of the fun they had.

Do you even remember what fun is little boy?

Banging your sister was fun, well up until when she told me my dick went so much deeper than he brothers. That was just creepy.

Banging your sister was fun, well up until when she told me my dick went so much deeper than he brothers. That was just creepy.

So old. So angry. So wrong.

No brother.

Yes I do appoligise- I know its creepy but apart from bopping my self off over chicks on sailing vids - she is all I have got.

No worries mate. Happy bopping.

I'm not upset at anything, I just think their videos are tedious, predictable and a symptom of the Facebook generation - if a tree falls without posting a status update, did it make any sound ?

No brother.

Dont make fun of me just because I like blowing Doug Lord. He has such a massive ego .

OK if that is the best friend you have I will leave you to Doug.

Wow, good thing not everyone here is so nasty and cynical.

I'm not upset at anything, I just think their videos are tedious, predictable and a symptom of the Facebook generation - if a tree falls without posting a status update, did it make any sound ?

That's fine, so don't watch SLV.

No brother.

Dont make fun of me just because I like blowing Doug Lord. He has such a massive ego .

OK if that is the best friend you have I will leave you to Doug.

Well looky here I have got my very own stalker. Was it my flaming of your hero Trump that kicked you off?

And my wife is just as cute but has much better tits.

Pics or GTFO

dma-615.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=550

She drew the line at posting her tits.

Little boy - It can't be that you are upset with a crumbling sailing school and lost ability to charge for useless certificates now that these nice people have shown they are not needed? That can't be true. Or it can't be true that these nice people have sailed further than you ever dreamed. Leaving the Med and crossing the Atlantic and Pacific could it? That can't be any more true than those nice people getting to do it again in a boat you can't afford, can it?

So since that is not true, then why so angry?

Is it that they are young and out there doing it while you are old and can't?

Aah, the joys of the internet. LMI, I have to tell you to save further embarrassment , if there was a prize for hopelessly missing the mark, my good man you just knocked it out of the park.

Priceless 😭

Crap Shaggy ..LMI is not hopeless...he is another few layers down..like the scum that feeds off pond scum exhibiting zero form of intelligence...but I would say that as I'm now LB's wingman....and when I'm next in Oz I beg for a sail on your Pogo.

Crap Shaggy ..LMI is not hopeless...he is another few layers down..like the scum that feeds off pond scum exhibiting zero form of intelligence...but I would say that as I'm now LB's wingman....and when I'm next in Oz I beg for a sail on your Pogo.

Always welcome JS, just bring alcohol or Norwegian backpackers and she's all yours.

Pics or GTFO

Her arse is just fine...thank you (and her)

Pics or GTFO

LB's squeeze ...now I'm rolling around the floor laughing my fuckin tits off...fuck Dad get off SA, take the garbage out and can I have $100...and Dad there is an abbreviation for that laughing tits off stuff now...don't you know anything.....Oops...sorry for my loquaciousness...here's $50...how is that for abreviated?

Hey JS! What year did that concert catch on fire? 1971? you'd have a few grandchildren her age by now! I don't think you can any do any age related gear on LB.

Actually to the contrary dear Scanas.

It was 71 if your talking the Frank Zappa Mother's of Invention concert where the Circus caught fire overlooking Lake Geneva and the genisus to Deep Purple's Smoke over Water lyrics....And I got separated from a Danish girl that night.

Scanas I also was smart enough to spend time on boats and then marry very very fuckin late in life compared to most. So no kids married and no grandchildren my end. I suspect LB may or may not have kids older than mine.

Scanas don't get a job as a detective you will starve....bit like your WOXI predictions these last few years..and wasn't I generous letting you off the hook on your bet on the basis I couldn't accept a girly pull out which WOXI now seem to have developed as an artform.

Pics or GTFO

You lucky devil

Pics or GTFO

LB's squeeze ...now I'm rolling around the floor laughing my fuckin tits off...fuck Dad get off SA, take the garbage out and can I have $100...and Dad there is an abbreviation for that laughing tits off stuff now...don't you know anything.....Oops...sorry for my loquaciousness...here's $50...how is that for abreviated?

I just saw the time of this post. 1033pm. Allowed to stay in the bar for 12 mins after last drinks...3 min stagger from the bar to the flop house...10 mins trying not to piss all over his pants..7 mins fumbling around trying to log on..

and hopefully not longer than 1 min to type this incoherent babble.

Pics or GTFO

Nice pic taken from the Chive. (right there when you "inspect" the picture) Most unfortunate is the tits boast, she's the one in the middle.

127361d1342127673-boating-pics-denise-mi

Pics or GTFO

I just saw the time of this post. 1033pm. Allowed to stay in the bar for 12 mins after last drinks...3 min stagger from the bar to the flop house...10 mins trying not to piss all over his pants..7 mins fumbling around trying to log on..

and hopefully not longer than 1 min to type this incoherent babble.

OK I made that up..I had a snooze at the bar...then they closed up..I woke up finding myself locked in...so cranked up the coffee machine and scanned the top shelf....I do recommend Pernod for breakfast.
  • Downvote 1

Beautiful video and beautiful travel. It's cool to see passionate people. The travel all around the world and they are very lucky. I love it. :)

Beautiful video and beautiful travel. It's cool to see passionate people. The travel all around the world and they are very lucky. I love it. :)

And I love unicorns sliding down rainbows into candy floss lakes

These guys are sucking on the public tit,sucking in morons like you in

And I love unicorns sliding down rainbows into candy floss lakes

These guys are sucking on the public tit,sucking in morons like you in

I knew the haters would be along to protect us from ourselves and piss in others Wheaties without anyone asking. What would we do without you?

If you don't like it, just don't watch.

I've noticed lately that their episodes all follow a similar trend, mustache man spends most of his time fixing the same things poorly while cute girl runs around (insert island name) in a bikini. Its getting repetitive.

When they do show themselves out sailing its always in a "crazy" storm and everything is always really scary and hard. Not once have I seen a PFD or tether come on deck. Yes safety is your own responsibility and everyone makes their own choices, but if your going to put yourselves out there publicly on the internet like these guys do, maybe a little prudence isn't a bad thing?

I've noticed lately that their episodes all follow a similar trend, mustache man spends most of his time fixing the same things poorly while cute girl runs around (insert island name) in a bikini. Its getting repetitive.

When they do show themselves out sailing its always in a "crazy" storm and everything is always really scary and hard. Not once have I seen a PFD or tether come on deck. Yes safety is your own responsibility and everyone makes their own choices, but if your going to put yourselves out there publicly on the internet like these guys do, maybe a little prudence isn't a bad thing?

GUSTS TO 30! CRAZY HEAVY WEATHER! WOOOHAa

YOU HEARD IT HERE OUTREMER BEST BOAT EVER HANDLES THIS BETTER THAN ANYTHING! CLICK ON THE PAYPAL LINK AND HIT LIKE!

I thought I had a drinkin problem TPG...you really need to sober up

HEY BROS CHECK OUT REPLACING A HOOOOOOSE

CLICK THAT LIKE AND DON'T FORGET TO DONATE!

Your really fucked up TPG.. Maybe your miniscule dick will forgive you...we can't.

I pray nightly it will in hopes that it'll find something redeeming in me. You sure can't stop begging for it though, but I'm sorry, its just not meant to be.

Funny stuff haters. Either you don't watch SLV enough to know what you're talking about. Or you've watched enough to betray your disdain. If it's not your cup of tea, that's perfectly fine, don't watch.

I enjoy SLV, some episodes more than others, but it's not my favorite by any means and I haven't watched it all.

There are lots of sail vloggers in bikinis, way more overtly sexual, who aren't anywhere near as successful - it's not as simple as a cute girl. And there are certainly other sail vloggers that focus more or less on sailing, boat maintenance, travel & culture, youth & cuteness, budgeting, provisioning, and every other aspect. Surely there are some sail vlogs you like better than SLV, though SLV is one of the most popular/successful - their volunteer patrons and subscribers are entitled to their POV too.

Flame away...

Funny stuff haters. Either you don't watch SLV enough to know what you're talking about. Or you've watched enough to betray your disdain. If it's not your cup of tea, that's perfectly fine, don't watch.

I enjoy SLV, some episodes more than others, but it's not my favorite by any means and I haven't watched it all.

There are lots of sail vloggers in bikinis, way more overtly sexual, who aren't anywhere near as successful - it's not as simple as a cute girl. And there are certainly other sail vloggers that focus more or less on sailing, boat maintenance, travel & culture, youth & cuteness, budgeting, provisioning, and every other aspect. Surely there are some sail vlogs you like better than SLV, though SLV is one of the most popular/successful - their volunteer patrons and subscribers are entitled to their POV too.

Flame away...

Personally I am bored with this subject but I did find your comment ' it's not as simple as a cute girl.' amusing. In fact La Vag is completely about the cute girl. How many views do you think they would be getting if she weighed 150 Kgs and had a head like a robbers dog? The answer is fuck all. She is using what assets she has to avoid getting a job but sadly for them now the 'sponsorship' deal has been done they will have to work hard to keep them happy. You are right if its not our cup of tea like it is for you 'volunteer patrons' (bwahahaha)

we wont and dont watch it. In the same vain if you dont like reading us having a little fun at the expense of your spank vids then don't read this tread. Better still - use the 'I am a pussy so I put people on ignore' feature.

Flame away...

Personally I am bored with this subject and yet here you are again, can't let an opportunity to anonymously piss on someone else, why is that?

but I did find your comment ' it's not as simple as a cute girl.' amusing. In fact La Vag is completely about the cute girl. How many views do you think they would be getting if she weighed 150 Kgs and had a head like a robbers dog? The answer is fuck all. hate to repeat myself but since you missed the point above, "There are lots of sail vloggers in bikinis, way more overtly sexual, who aren't anywhere near as successful - it's not as simple as a cute girl." Of course a cute girl in a bikini brings in viewers, but it doesn't keep them coming back. SLV has orders of magnitude more viewers than almost all other sail vlogs. Look at some of the other vlogs, if you really want to see women/couples blatantly cashing in with little or nothing else to offer - with nowhere near the subscribers?

She is using what assets she has to avoid getting a job yes, but it became a job by chance, not by design but sadly for them now the 'sponsorship' deal has been done they will have to work hard to keep them happy.

You are right if its not our cup of tea like it is for you 'volunteer patrons' (bwahahaha) I'm not a patron, never donated a dime, I've just watched and enjoyed some episodes.

we wont and dont watch it. In the same vain if you dont like reading us having a little fun at the expense of your spank vids then don't read this tread. So threads should be dominated by haters who aren't interested in a subject? I'm surprised you keep reading here since you dislike SLV so much.

Better still - use the 'I am a pussy so I put people on ignore' feature. No chance of that.

At the end of the day, it's still a cat.

I wonder if they've figured out how to tack it yet.

I don't know how I got to be a spokesman, but they haven't taken delivery yet. Who knows, they may kill their 'franchise' with this Outremer deal, worlds away from where they started.

It's also a big pitch for her singing career & if that fails social commentary / health / beauty / wellness/ lifestyle blogger.

It's also a big pitch for her singing career & if that fails social commentary / health / beauty / wellness/ lifestyle blogger.

The next season of celebrity survivor or dancing with the stars has got her name written all over it. As their agent mid pack should be on these deals now.

My final straw was when Elayna took a relaxation retreat in Bali. A retreat from sailing around while others pay?

Flame away...

Personally I am bored with this subject and yet here you are again, can't let an opportunity to anonymously piss on someone else, why is that?

but I did find your comment ' it's not as simple as a cute girl.' amusing. In fact La Vag is completely about the cute girl. How many views do you think they would be getting if she weighed 150 Kgs and had a head like a robbers dog? The answer is fuck all. hate to repeat myself but since you missed the point above, "There are lots of sail vloggers in bikinis, way more overtly sexual, who aren't anywhere near as successful - it's not as simple as a cute girl." Of course a cute girl in a bikini brings in viewers, but it doesn't keep them coming back. SLV has orders of magnitude more viewers than almost all other sail vlogs. Look at some of the other vlogs, if you really want to see women/couples blatantly cashing in with little or nothing else to offer - with nowhere near the subscribers?

She is using what assets she has to avoid getting a job yes, but it became a job by chance, not by design but sadly for them now the 'sponsorship' deal has been done they will have to work hard to keep them happy.

You are right if its not our cup of tea like it is for you 'volunteer patrons' (bwahahaha) I'm not a patron, never donated a dime, I've just watched and enjoyed some episodes.we wont and dont watch it. In the same vain if you dont like reading us having a little fun at the expense of your spank vids then don't read this tread. So threads should be dominated by haters who aren't interested in a subject? I'm surprised you keep reading here since you dislike SLV so much.

Better still - use the 'I am a pussy so I put people on ignore' feature. No chance of that.

There is even better candy on redtube but your wife probably checks your search history so you need to get your jollies watching sailing vids. As I have said before dickhead - I have nothing but admiration for the scam these two have come up with. It is you clowns that hit the pay pay button that I find amusing.

Flame away...

You are right if its not our cup of tea like it is for you 'volunteer patrons' (bwahahaha) I'm not a patron, never donated a dime, I've just watched and enjoyed some episodes.we wont and dont watch it. In the same vain if you dont like reading us having a little fun at the expense of your spank vids then don't read this tread. So threads should be dominated by haters who aren't interested in a subject? I'm surprised you keep reading here since you dislike SLV so much.

There is even better candy on redtube but your wife probably checks your search history so you need to get your jollies watching sailing vids. As I have said before dickhead - I have nothing but admiration for the scam these two have come up with. It is you clowns that hit the pay pay button that I find amusing.
Go ahead, make up all names and nasty nonsense you like anonymously, including assuming we've contributed when I've told you otherwise. But glad to hear you admire SLV after all your comments above suggesting otherwise.

Flame away...

Go ahead, make up all names and nasty nonsense you like anonymously, including assuming we've contributed when I've told you otherwise. But glad to hear you admire SLV after all your comments above suggesting otherwise.

No your contribution has been invaluable. Both to this thread and their lifestyle. We all want to offer our gratitude.

• Downvote 1

Flame away...

Stop feeding the trolls, that's all they are waiting for. I can't believe someone with a proper point against SLV would do such a bad job of criticising them.

Flame away...

No your contribution has been invaluable. Both to this thread and their lifestyle. We all want to offer our gratitude.

You're welcome.

What I find most interesting is the number of new accounts that have shown up to discuss La Vagabonde, and start two different threads on them.

But what do I know.

I was wondering the same thing BJ, but surely they realise that people who already sail are not their target market. (Except mid pack of course) Their audience are sitting in the rain outside bus stops commuting from their cubical to a boring night in front of the TV- miles from the ocean. Their idea of going on an adventure holiday involves pre made sandwich's and a hot water flask. They are in their mid to late 40's and they escape their Derry existences by living life through people like La Vag. In the back of their minds are the idea that they too could do this- buy a boat and runaway to warm places. The blokes think they will get a girl who looks like her and the women all think they will start to look like her. And everyone of them thinks they will be able to pay for it by having their own you tube channel.

• Downvote 1

What I find most interesting is the number of new accounts that have shown up to discuss La Vagabonde, and start two different threads on them.

But what do I know.

Agreed. That is suspicious.

I was wondering the same thing BJ, but surely they realise that people who already sail are not their target market. (Except mid pack of course) Their audience are sitting in the rain outside bus stops commuting from their cubical to a boring night in front of the TV- miles from the ocean. Their idea of going on an adventure holiday involves pre made sandwich's and a hot water flask. They are in their mid to late 40's and they escape their Derry existences by living life through people like La Vag. In the back of their minds are the idea that they too could do this- buy a boat and runaway to warm places. The blokes think they will get a girl who looks like her and the women all think they will start to look like her. And everyone of them thinks they will be able to pay for it by having their own you tube channel.

Uh oh. Some common ground.

Sure their audience includes bored cube dwellers, wannabees and people who click on every girl in a bikini (or less). But so are the audiences of most YouTube channels, along with millions of other internet portals.

But most sailing vlogs don't pull a fraction of SLV's audience. Many of them have cuter women & men, some flaunting themselves far beyond SLV, and yet they have tiny audiences with little support. Some undoubtedly trying to mimic SLV, but most still fail monetarily. So SLV has other things that have drawn people in, sailing only in part.

I like sailing, and I am trying to learn about videography as an amateur. That's why I watch videos, lots of genres, not just sailing. I subscribe to several sailing vlogs including SLV, but it's by no means my favorite, and I haven't donated a dime.

They didn't know their video channel would turn into a lucrative way of life when they started. But once they started to realize their YouTube success was far beyond most sailing vlogs, did they capitalize? Yep. It would not surprise me if their Outremer catamaran chapter doesn't hurt their YouTube presence, they've become more professional, more calculating. But there's life beyond YouTube, I can't imagine they view it as a lifelong career.

Again, I don't know how I fell into any role in this. Every time I post on this thread, I think 'what am I doing, this is the last time.' But lots of people enjoy SLV for a variety of reasons. For folks who don't, that's what makes the world go round. They probably have other activities they enjoy, if I don't - I'm not inclined to go out of my way to criticize their activities.

But maybe of most interest, SLV is another small way to promote sailing. Some viewers will get a little closer to giving sailing a try, even if most viewers don't. YouTube is by no means the primary metric, but as for promoting sailing to a new audience - SLV has almost twice as many subscribers as sailing's supposed premier event. Why discourage SLV to those who watch, and might go sailing as a result?

post-301-0-64070000-1489068433_thumb.jpg

I suspect their audience may be younger. Look at the ages of many of the Vloggers entering the fray these days, especial those with hired captains.

I have tuned in now and then and have noticed something about Elayna. After their pause in sailing videos, when they resumed it appears she has developed as a woman. On episode #106 someone commented on this and I  replied "I was going to say something" . A few more gentle comments regarding this came up, nothing rude, just observations. Within hours the comments were deleted, "edited" out of the comment section. There must be something about it otherwise why would the comments be struck? Elayna is very attractive and now seemingly more curvy, perhaps a late bloomer (?). 

2 hours ago, ronsonofjon said:

I have tuned in now and then and have noticed something about Elayna. After their pause in sailing videos, when they resumed it appears she has developed as a woman. On episode #106 someone commented on this and I  replied "I was going to say something" . A few more gentle comments regarding this came up, nothing rude, just observations. Within hours the comments were deleted, "edited" out of the comment section. There must be something about it otherwise why would the comments be struck? Elayna is very attractive and now seemingly more curvy, perhaps a late bloomer (?). 

There's rumors that she got a boob job. Presumably to drive up click count.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, RKoch said:

There's rumors that she got a boob job. Presumably to drive up click count.

that's one way to use your Patreon money, I suppose.

She has been very clever when it comes to feeding  male fantasy.  In one episode she marooned herself ashore. It was a series of shots of the girl in various bikinis struggling to accomplish tasks like collecting wood etc. The comments were right on the mark. Endless dribble from 60 year old men who offered advice and wished they were there to help her.

No one asked who was holding the camera.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ronsonofjon said:

And speaking of tits...We have rules here old chap.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

10 hours ago, ronsonofjon said:

I have tuned in now and then and have noticed something about Elayna. 

Your really are on the boil. Thanks for kickstarting this thread which died 8 months ago, or is that when your spaceship cast off?

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1