• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Editor

what is it?

26 posts in this topic

Farr? Sort of looks like the 11m one design without a raised daggerboard -but I'm looking at the picture on my phone, probably nothing alike.

JND39 and sadly, unlike the JND35 Gaia/Salvo, it seems to be a bit of a dog. Lann Ael and Stamina dragged down two of the French Commodores' Cup teams.

JND 39 - it reaches like crazy. Can't go upwind that well.... yet. Bernard will help tune it up. Reaching Machine, (teasing machine) did not go up wind that well in the first year either as I recall.

dammit! I got that... I must be old! I remember thinking that chine was sooooo badass!

Scampi 30

What's it rate?

awesome. only old fucks know what that is.

Decent IOR racers back in the day. Didn't know they existed outside of Scandinavia

Scampi 30

What's it rate?

Decent IOR racers back in the day. Didn't know they existed outside of Scandinavia

It was a giant killer at the 1972 SORC. Great group of guys sailing it really well and lived aboard for the whole series.

Oh yes, a few in Holland & Belgium. I saw one impaled on a wooden breakwater on the beach just after the start of the Breskens to Harwich race many moons ago.

Scampi 30

What's it rate?

Dammit, I did metric shedloads of miles on those things back then. Windy of Hamble. Liverbird..... Grand little boats.

I helped pull one out of the mud at Angel Island a couple of years ago. Red hull IIRC.

On September 14, 2016 at 4:55 PM, A3A said:

It was a giant killer at the 1972 SORC. Great group of guys sailing it really well and lived aboard for the whole series.

Wasn't that series something like 80% upwind?  Scampi 30 was the only boat I ever raced against that I swear slowed down when they cracked the sheets.  Great boat and memories.

On 9/15/2016 at 1:15 AM, Editor said:

Sadly, you're right. Peter Norlins finest work. A hot half tonner, back in the day.