Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

billy backstay

This new superyacht looks like a UFO on the water

Looks like a runabout for Stromberg

I'd rather go with the way cooler "Dr. Evil" factor

proteus_gen.jpg

Nowhere for the "deck crew" to stretch out and get a tan seems a bit sub optimal. On open water it makes all sorts of sense: and think what an interesting photography platform it would make. But it does seems as if using standard shore facilities could be interesting.

I assume they have "people" to do the docking for them.

Docking is so 20th century. Just pull up alongside the pier and press the "station keeping" button.

Docking is so 20th century. Just pull up alongside the pier and press the "station keeping" button.

called a 'sky hook'. pretty much everything with 360 nozzles now has it. Best shit ever.

That SS is fucking bizarre. 3000 horsepower to go 56 MPH? for fuck's sake, if it's carbon and you put foils on it you could do the same speed on a pair of 150 HP motors. Unless it's got marble stairways and a gold tub somewhere below? wtf?

I figure any 'yacht' featured in Architectural Digest shouldn't be taken seriously.

where are the photos of it docked and people really on the actual boat. looks like a very good vaporware video to me. has anyone actually seen it in person? can you say photoshop or movie set. something just does not look right with the video.

called a 'sky hook'. pretty much everything with 360 nozzles now has it. Best shit ever.

Don't even need the 360 pods. Mercury even does it with just twin outboards.