On 5/14/2018 at 5:44 AM, CordRipper said:

Which boat are you looking at? Eagle is 1.129 and I believe Apollo is slightly higher. If Jackhammer, they have IRC optimized by removing the bulb from the keel and removing the water ballast (along with other mods) so not really a 121 anymore.

God why..?

Rock Lobster are racing in the rorc offshore series so must be gambling on a flat keel, the 121 is beamier than normal Js and carries it's beam further aft so I think it will just about hold up with the slight loss of stability. Having reduced drag from the flat keel should make it slipperier downwind 

24 minutes ago, ASP said:

Have you raced under the -6 rating? There's no way the 121 is faster than a 125..

First race this weekend under PHRF-LIS. Agreed, under PHRF-LIS 125s are also rated -6. Tough to see that we should be racing boat for boat with the 125s but honestly, no way of knowing for sure until we have a few races under our belt

30 minutes ago, ASP said:

God why..?

at least that's what I've heard. Boat will live in Ireland I think

2 minutes ago, CordRipper said:

First race this weekend under PHRF-LIS. Agreed, under PHRF-LIS 125s are also rated -6. Tough to see that we should be racing boat for boat with the 125s but honestly, no way of knowing for sure until we have a few races under our belt

Have you developed a set of polars yet? Be happy to compare vs my numbers for the 125. Send me a PM. 

1 hour ago, ASP said:

Have you developed a set of polars yet? Be happy to compare vs my numbers for the 125. Send me a PM. 

correction, base rating is -6, we're adjusted to -3. I'll PM you ASP

The 125 I race on in San Francisco rates -18. We give a turboed schock 40 6 seconds. 

Orr treats us better. 

6 hours ago, IMR said:

The 125 I race on in San Francisco rates -18. We give a turboed schock 40 6 seconds. 

Orr treats us better. 

Brutal, -3 in PHRFNW. 

Melges 32 and J133 both at 24. J122 at 42.

12 hours ago, ASP said:

Brutal, -3 in PHRFNW. 

Melges 32 and J133 both at 24. J122 at 42.

J/125 -12

J/125 with code 0 that has too small a mid girth -18 

Melges 32 27

J/44   21

It will be interesting to see what a J 121 will get rated at in SF.  Is there an ORR rating for the 121 in the N2B race?