• Announcements

    • UnderDawg

      A Few Simple Rules   05/22/2017

      Sailing Anarchy is a very lightly moderated site. This is by design, to afford a more free atmosphere for discussion. There are plenty of sailing forums you can go to where swearing isn't allowed, confrontation is squelched and, and you can have a moderator finger-wag at you for your attitude. SA tries to avoid that and allow for more adult behavior without moderators editing your posts and whacking knuckles with rulers. We don't have a long list of published "thou shalt nots" either, and this is by design. Too many absolute rules paints us into too many corners. So check the Terms of Service - there IS language there about certain types of behavior that is not permitted. We interpret that lightly and permit a lot of latitude, but we DO reserve the right to take action when something is too extreme to tolerate (too racist, graphic, violent, misogynistic, etc.). Yes, that is subjective, but it allows us discretion. Avoiding a laundry list of rules allows for freedom; don't abuse it. However there ARE a few basic rules that will earn you a suspension, and apparently a brief refresher is in order. 1) Allegations of pedophilia - there is no tolerance for this. So if you make allegations, jokes, innuendo or suggestions about child molestation, child pornography, abuse or inappropriate behavior with minors etc. about someone on this board you will get a time out. This is pretty much automatic; this behavior can have real world effect and is not acceptable. Obviously the subject is not banned when discussion of it is apropos, e.g. talking about an item in the news for instance. But allegations or references directed at or about another poster is verboten. 2) Outing people - providing real world identifiable information about users on the forums who prefer to remain anonymous. Yes, some of us post with our real names - not a problem to use them. However many do NOT, and if you find out someone's name keep it to yourself, first or last. This also goes for other identifying information too - employer information etc. You don't need too many pieces of data to figure out who someone really is these days. Depending on severity you might get anything from a scolding to a suspension - so don't do it. I know it can be confusing sometimes for newcomers, as SA has been around almost twenty years and there are some people that throw their real names around and their current Display Name may not match the name they have out in the public. But if in doubt, you don't want to accidentally out some one so use caution, even if it's a personal friend of yours in real life. 3) Posting While Suspended - If you've earned a timeout (these are fairly rare and hard to get), please observe the suspension. If you create a new account (a "Sock Puppet") and return to the forums to post with it before your suspension is up you WILL get more time added to your original suspension and lose your Socks. This behavior may result a permanent ban, since it shows you have zero respect for the few rules we have and the moderating team that is tasked with supporting them. Check the Terms of Service you agreed to; they apply to the individual agreeing, not the account you created, so don't try to Sea Lawyer us if you get caught. Just don't do it. Those are the three that will almost certainly get you into some trouble. IF YOU SEE SOMEONE DO ONE OF THESE THINGS, please do the following: Refrain from quoting the offending text, it makes the thread cleanup a pain in the rear Press the Report button; it is by far the best way to notify Admins as we will get e-mails. Calling out for Admins in the middle of threads, sending us PM's, etc. - there is no guarantee we will get those in a timely fashion. There are multiple Moderators in multiple time zones around the world, and anyone one of us can handle the Report and all of us will be notified about it. But if you PM one Mod directly and he's off line, the problem will get dealt with much more slowly. Other behaviors that you might want to think twice before doing include: Intentionally disrupting threads and discussions repeatedly. Off topic/content free trolling in threads to disrupt dialog Stalking users around the forums with the intent to disrupt content and discussion Repeated posting of overly graphic or scatological porn content. There are plenty web sites for you to get your freak on, don't do it here. And a brief note to Newbies... No, we will not ban people or censor them for dropping F-bombs on you, using foul language, etc. so please don't report it when one of our members gives you a greeting you may find shocking. We do our best not to censor content here and playing swearword police is not in our job descriptions. Sailing Anarchy is more like a bar than a classroom, so handle it like you would meeting someone a little coarse - don't look for the teacher. Thanks.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chester

NHL 2016-2017

244 posts in this topic

Looks like we have a classic high scoring last goal wins game...

 

go preds...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fucking ducks... when is hunting season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm no fan of phaneuf, but dude was laying some solid hits last night.

I'm really starting to get pissed about the "other rules" in play for the postseason.    I get that they want the boys to play with passion, I get that they don't want to disrupt the flow of the game with 25 whistles per period, I get all of that.     The problem is that the constant hooking holding and slashing produces 0-1 snoozers like last night.

Watch the highlights from last night, about half of the uncapitalized scoring chances involved some sort of foul on the shooter which would normally have been penalized in the regular season, and that's AFTER someone managed to fight through hooks holds and slashes to get the puck to the shooter in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solid game for the Sens, and Fleury didn't really collapse, it was more like solid, fast offensive work by the Sens with a lot of bad luck in that net, and that wraparound goal by Smith one of the most beautiful of the series.

But now Fleury imploded, so they put in Murray, he looks solid, kind of worries me, I would rather Fleury go sieve. I suspect that Murray will now be in for the rest of the series. But Andy was awesome, such a deranged individual, a damned glorious, beautiful goaltender. He'll beat up his grandma to make a save. And he's keeping this insane focus with his wife dealing with cancer. Andy is not a common kind of goalie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This doesn't look good for the Preds, down two goals, hopefully it can be a dangerous two goals.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a replay of the 2007 Annaheim-Ottawa Cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Preds have awesome fans......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Keith said:

Preds have awesome fans......

Throwing the dead duck on the ice pre-game was a nice touch, but what if it catches on with the other teams?

Where do you find a penguin in Ottawa, and is there a senator light enough to throw over the glass (dead or alive)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tax Man said:

Throwing the dead duck on the ice pre-game was a nice touch, but what if it catches on with the other teams?

Where do you find a penguin in Ottawa, and is there a senator light enough to throw over the glass (dead or alive)?

The Anaheim fans need to throw a dead Predator onto the ice pregame to even the score.

It's funny how times have changed. I remember in one pregame warm-up about ten years ago in Cup run, a Red Wings fan threw the obligatory dead octopus onto the ice, and some Avalanche rookie picked it up and threw it into the penalty box. 

That guy had his ass handed to him the next day in the hockey media, he dared to screw with a sacred hockey tradition.

I would like to see that same outrage in other industries. Say, as a traditional effort to bring on a bull market, a dead and decaying corpse of a grizzly bear is thrown into the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange. Then when the young traders complain about the flies and the stench in their place of business, they get insulted in the Wall Street Journal for failing to honor a scared tradition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mikewof said:

The Anaheim fans need to throw a dead Predator onto the ice pregame to even the score.

It's funny how times have changed. I remember in one pregame warm-up about ten years ago in Cup run, a Red Wings fan threw the obligatory dead octopus onto the ice, and some Avalanche rookie picked it up and threw it into the penalty box. 

That guy had his ass handed to him the next day in the hockey media, he dared to screw with a sacred hockey tradition.

I would like to see that same outrage in other industries. Say, as a traditional effort to bring on a bull market, a dead and decaying corpse of a grizzly bear is thrown into the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange. Then when the young traders complain about the flies and the stench in their place of business, they get insulted in the Wall Street Journal for failing to honor a scared tradition.

There was no outrage when he did that. Other than the fact that Al could not wave it over his head and someone needed to clean the penalty box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dyslexic dog said:

There was no outrage when he did that. Other than the fact that Al could not wave it over his head and someone needed to clean the penalty box.

The Avs lost that game I think. I remember when he picked it up, about twenty guys in the bar groaned, we kind of knew the series was done, right then.

It doesn't work with other animals, I remember someone in San Jose did it with a little shark. It didn't have the same effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck. What was bobby doing on the 3rd goal?!?! Now 4. This could be a "playoff stats padding" game for the Pens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sens were not skating. Second penalty was a joke especially after what Crosby did on the face-off. West will kill either one of these with the physical play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Headed to the zoo today, just to kick a penguin in the throat- 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, the Ducks really showed class being down by 3 with 20 seconds to go. Crosscheck in the back and a boarding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sens are alive! Anderson held them in it in the second period.  The pens actually suck in home game sevens so there is that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, chester said:

The sens are alive! Anderson held them in it in the second period.  The pens actually suck in home game sevens so there is that.

Every Pens guy I know (two of them at work) is right now bitching about the interference call on Andy.

They pushed his glove away from the puck, how is that a giant conspiracy to favor Canadian teams?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikewof said:

Every Pens guy I know (two of them at work) is right now bitching about the interference call on Andy.

They pushed his glove away from the puck, how is that a giant conspiracy to favor Canadian teams?

ya, that was clearly interference. daley used his stick to lever andy off the puck and into the back of the net from inside the blue paint thus preventing the goalie from an opportunity to make a save, which is pretty much the exact definition of goaltender interference.  pussies.

 

anderson saved their season though, the pens were all over them in the second and not just with shot volume but shot quality.  The Sens did play well though, the PK was strong and they generated some excellent chances as well but they could very easily have been giving the old "love this team, had a good season and an excellent playoff run, good things next year" quotes today.

 

CBC's play by play guy had a funny quote on the malkin goal:  "that was malkin from malkin and malkin"

 

really happy with and for bobby ryan.  he had a miserable season that saw him collect 25 points in 62 games and he now has 15 in 18 playoff games.  also clark macarthur, misses two years with concussions comes back for the start of the playoffs and has played very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chester said:

ya, that was clearly interference. daley used his stick to lever andy off the puck and into the back of the net from inside the blue paint thus preventing the goalie from an opportunity to make a save, which is pretty much the exact definition of goaltender interference.  pussies.

 

anderson saved their season though, the pens were all over them in the second and not just with shot volume but shot quality.  The Sens did play well though, the PK was strong and they generated some excellent chances as well but they could very easily have been giving the old "love this team, had a good season and an excellent playoff run, good things next year" quotes today.

 

CBC's play by play guy had a funny quote on the malkin goal:  "that was malkin from malkin and malkin"

 

really happy with and for bobby ryan.  he had a miserable season that saw him collect 25 points in 62 games and he now has 15 in 18 playoff games.  also clark macarthur, misses two years with concussions comes back for the start of the playoffs and has played very well.

My wishful prediction ...

Ottawa scores twice in the first period, Andy stands on his head against an insane Pittsburgh assault, Murray gets pulled and Fleury holds tight for the third, Ottawa takes it 2-1.

At least if reality hands us something different, I'll get to enjoy this pleasant fantasy for the 30-some hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mikewof said:

My wishful prediction ...

Ottawa scores twice in the first period, Andy stands on his head against an insane Pittsburgh assault, Murray gets pulled and Fleury holds tight for the third, Ottawa takes it 2-1.

At least if reality hands us something different, I'll get to enjoy this pleasant fantasy for the 30-some hours.

much better prediction than: pittsburgh comes out flying, andy mishandles the puck leading to a crosby/malkin/kessel goal, the floodgates open and its a 3-0 pens lead after 30.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, chester said:

much better prediction than: pittsburgh comes out flying, andy mishandles the puck leading to a crosby/malkin/kessel goal, the floodgates open and its a 3-0 pens lead after 30.

If that happens, I can't see Murray being able to handle guys like Forsberg, Johansen and Arvy. They'll put Fleury in net by Game 3, but it will be too late for a team like Nashville. Even rested, Murray can barely manage Ottawa, the Preds will dismantle him.

Ottawa is a much better pairing for Nashville. They don't have those deep 4 lines like Nashville does, and their defense relies on Andy. But Andy can do miraculous things, at least half the time. I think Ottawa might be able to sneak out a few games from Nashville, just nail Rinne's blocker six ways to Sunday, and they have a chance (was Rinne injured on his blocker during the Ducks series?) ... not much of a chance, but Andy is a Western goalie, as long as they don't interfere with him, he saves even better when they start crashing the net.

 

About Rinne, good article in the Hockey News, they claim that Rinne's unholy abilities in part come from playing Finnish Baseball as a kid, it build that bizarre flexibility into his muscles. http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/how-a-wacky-finnish-pastime-helped-shape-pekka-rinne-into-a-human-highlight-reel

The article suggested YouTubing the game ... man, gotta love the Finns. If I ever visit there, they'll probably need to haul my ass out of there with a steel cable.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well Johansen is out, fisher is out and hadn't recorded a point in the playoffs.  but that sissons kid has stepped up and since they run every thing from the back end nashville is in pretty good shape for either the pens or the sens.  The sens are the least banged up.  they are missing burrows and borowieki.  borowieke is a regular d and a mean son of a bitch but he's been out for quite a while now.  just for fun look up a pic of boro and chris neil... they are they same guy seperated by 15 years and a 100 fights!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes till face off. Pens have Lindquist and Schultz back.  This will require the very best each senator has ever played...or the Pens to self destruct from frustration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good game so far into 2nd. I think pens have had a few better chances forcing Andy to make better saves but not overwhelming.  Games has had good pace mostly and well played

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its like watching a chess game..... some ones gotta make a mistake....

GO SENS GO.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Keith said:

Its like watching a chess game..... some ones gotta make a mistake....

GO SENS GO.....

 

Shot, there's your mistake.  And there's your answer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good quick goal back from the sens !!!

and a nice hip check on malkin.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot how stressful it is to watch Andy in a critical game, he gets kind of reckless. Cripes they just scored on a pp. fmd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1         Dyslexic Dog         7

1         Figment         7

1         Hard Aground         7

1         mikewof         7

5         Chester         6

5         Keith         6

5         Peacefrog         6

5         USA190520         6

 

Picks for the next round ...

 

Preds in 5.

 

I would say Preds in 4, but there are a three cells in me that still don't completely hate the fucking Penguins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pens in 7.

Going to be interesting.  first, Nashville, a southern non-traditional market, is in fact a great hockey market! they have been rocking the shit out of that arena and that is awesome to see (gee, Ottawa, couldn't sell out game 6 in the conference final?...wow).  both have great goaltending.  two completely different styles: pens lead everthing with forwards from their face off dots on out, preds lead everything with there super hero 4 D.  should be run and gun with a ton of action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well ain't that a big bag of dicks.  Preds-Sens would have been a much better final series.

I'm going Preds in 6.

I was thinking 5, but wof got there first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Preds in 7

Worst part for me is I will miss the entire series as I'll be in France until June 7 then Italy until June 20..

I will miss the entire cup series and the americas cup series- 

so, go preds- 

i hope pk suban levels Crosby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is weird pickem this year. Since we all have Nashville, no matter what happens in the final, Chester and Figment still win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0