WTF Australia

^

there ya go ...........FunRun ,

oxymoron if you ever heard one .

24 minutes ago, Mid said:

^

there ya go ...........FunRun ,

oxymoron if you ever heard one .

Apparently the gators have developed sign making skills. ;)

1 hour ago, Point Break said:

Apparently the gators have developed sign making skills. ;)

77f5c14f68088e196fb57f248edf17cf.jpg

• Like 2

Larson was simply the best.

My favourite.

image.png.b575742e1b0073b2d3b04e87a502eff2.png

But then there was.....

image.png.abc309bf4ba8382eda417b271c5a2888.png

Oh hell - they were always great.

thanks for the link , pounds to peanuts I'd of called 'shop else wise :unsure:

3 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

It's in the ACT, not like they make decent wine anyway. This way they can offer organically self-marinated kangaroo steaks.

FKT

23 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

It's in the ACT, not like they make decent wine anyway. This way they can offer organically self-marinated kangaroo steaks.

FKT

http://www.clonakilla.com.au

Yea, they actually do... 

• Like 1

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:12 PM, Fah Kiew Tu said:
On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 5:10 PM, Shortforbob said:

FKT

They need to hire a certified commercial roo shooter if they want Kangaroo steaks they can only tag shot roos and leave them to rot. The tags farmers get specify roo meat and skins cannot be harvested roo meat is only allowed to be harvested if a certified commercial roo culler shoots them. Just another idiotic rule in this nanny state called Australia.

Kangaroos with penchant for cool climate wines cost Canberra grower more than $80,000

'Difficult situation' with no easy answer for farmers

The couple estimate 200 kangaroos call the 35-hectare property home, and that simply shooting kangaroos has proven uneconomic in their region.

"For us to shoot them you have to get tags and they will only ever give you 20 tags at a time," Ms Gordon said.

"And there's no shooters in this part of NSW that will shoot for meat. So you have to dispose of the bodies, you have to hire an excavator to dig a large pit, you have to hire the excavator back to fill the pit in."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-31/kangaroos-with-taste-for-wine-cost-canberra-vineyard-thousands/9603746

There was a female kangaroo shooter in the news recently who was vilified by the ignorant idiots, some questioned why she would need to drive 300km for a roo shooting job when this latest article says we have a shortage of roo shooters in some areas. A commercial roo shooting license costs around $1K a year many nanny state regulations to go with it.

Shot to the heart: Love leads to career as professional kangaroo shooter

Updated 9 Mar 2018, 4:23pmFri 9 Mar 2018, 4:23pm

Paige Donald spends her nights in deep concentration and fighting fatigue while she lines up kangaroos in the scope of a high-powered rifle.

It was love that led the 21-year-old, who believes she is the only woman macropod harvester in Charleville, south-western Queensland, into the occupation.

"I met my partner, we went on a pigging trip together, and he offered me a job to go roo shooting alongside him and it's been like that ever since" she said.

"That's kind of our date night — we go out pigging together."

Being a woman in a male-dominated industry is always a point of interest when Ms Donald tells people what she does for a living.

"It's not usually a girl thing to do, they say 'Oh wow, she's doing a man's job', so they are impressed," she said.

To become a professional, Ms Donald said she had to get a gun licence and her rifle has passed accuracy tests.

The ute she and her partner use has also been accredited by Safe Food Production Queensland.

She encourages other women to give the job a chance.

"It's an experience. Even if you do it for just a few months, it's fun and you see lots of different things," she said.

What it takes to be a roo shooter

It is a physical job that requires concentration over long periods and a lot of travel over dirt roads and open country.

Ms Donald and her partner sometimes drive up to 300 kilometres to reach a property at dusk before the night's hunting begins.

"We get up in the afternoon, get the guns ready, sharpen the knives, make sure the ute is clean, and then we head out to the place," she said.

"You shoot your roo, you bring it back to the car, hang it up, and then you go and get the next one.

"We gut them, chop the paws off, pull the guts out and tag them … and then you start again."

The harvesters must deposit the carcasses into refrigerated shipping containers, known as roo boxes, within two hours of the sun rising to avoid the meat spoiling.

From there the game is collected to be processed.

The nature of the job does impact on her relationship, but Ms Donald said working alongside her partner made them a stronger unit.

"It gets a little full-on sometimes, but he's great — he knows when I'm tired and he's like, 'It's alright, we're just tired and cranky'," she said.

We have a night off and just relax and go out to dinner or do something a bit different."

Ms Donald's income is directly related to how many kangaroos she shoots; being paid per kilogram means her pay cheque fluctuates.

"It all depends on the roo's weight. At the moment they are 75c a kilo and so if you get 20 roos for the night that might just pay for the fuel, but a load of 70 could reach over $1,000 for a night," she said.

"You might be struggling one week and you've got your rego due or some bills due and you know you've got to keep going out."

While she loves the work Ms Donald doesn't see a long-term future in the industry for her.

"Probably as I get a little bit older I'll get into something a bit more serious but while I'm young this job is good for keeping me healthy and fit," she said.

Hunter and animal lover in one

Despite her love of hunting, Ms Donald described herself as an animal lover.

She keeps dogs, horses and a goat in her backyard, but said she has an affinity with native animals as well.

"There was one [kangaroo] with its leg trapped in the fence I nudged my partner and said 'Let's let it go'," she said.

Ms Donald said she loved animals, but could still shoot and kill kangaroos.

"My mum thinks I'm crazy but my grandfather, he's happy about it. He says that's who I am — I'm a hunter."

While Ms Donald had been a roo shooter for the past five months, hunting was not a new pastime for her.

"I grew up my whole life with my grandfather who is a huge hunter," she said.

"So hunting has just been around all my life. I just love it; it's just awesome."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-09/woman-roo-shooter-encourages-others-to-take-it-up/9529660

The idiots at the ABC say she has a high powered rifle, since when was a .223 Remington considered high powered?

On 4/1/2018 at 8:03 AM, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

They need to hire a certified commercial roo shooter if they want Kangaroo steaks they can only tag shot roos and leave them to rot. The tags farmers get specify roo meat and skins cannot be harvested roo meat is only allowed to be harvested if a certified commercial roo culler shoots them. Just another idiotic rule in this nanny state called Australia.

There was a female kangaroo shooter in the news recently who was vilified by the ignorant idiots, some questioned why she would need to drive 300km for a roo shooting job when this latest article says we have a shortage of roo shooters in some areas. A commercial roo shooting license costs around $1K a year many nanny state regulations to go with it.

The idiots at the ABC say she has a high powered rifle, since when was a .223 Remington considered high powered?

some might even call it an assault rifle

41697_90de5a7fd2adbe5c1d6a2bba882e006d.jpeg?w=1200&fit=max&q=80

Typical Australian beach scene: A dingo eating a shark with two deadly snakes having sex in the foreground!

On 3/12/2018 at 6:16 AM, SloopJonB said:

Larson was simply the best.

My favourite.

image.png.b575742e1b0073b2d3b04e87a502eff2.png

But then there was.....

image.png.abc309bf4ba8382eda417b271c5a2888.png

Oh hell - they were always great.

On 3/12/2018 at 2:54 AM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

one of my all time favorite cartoons..

There's a thread specifically for this purpose you know.   <_<

3 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

There's a thread specifically for this purpose you know.   <_<

This is just overspray.

• Like 1

A crazy ranger with a gun. Fuck!

21 year old woman with blue shirt stands in front of a grey utility and holds a grey rifle

Wife went to an Aroma Therapy girls session this afternoon.  One of those Facebook driven shit shows.

Anyway she came home with this story from today.

They all arrived at the hosts open farm shed with the hostess in a flap, running late because a 3m carpet python had been discovered eating two of their chooks (chickens) about an hour before.  As the alerted male family members came out to deal with the python, a Wedged-Tail Eagle swooped to take one of the chickens in the open paddock keeping it's distance from the python. They were all a bit pissed at this turn of events.  Pet chickens apparently.

So as the women was telling her now funni story to the just arrived female guests, one of them screams and points.  They all look, to see another python sliding into one of their parked cars they had just arrived in, through a window cracked to keep the car cool!

Fuck I love this place!

On 4/25/2018 at 9:19 AM, nimbus said:

41697_90de5a7fd2adbe5c1d6a2bba882e006d.jpeg?w=1200&fit=max&q=80

Typical Australian beach scene: A dingo eating a shark with two deadly snakes having sex in the foreground!

Freaking Bondi.

On 11/16/2018 at 4:40 PM, nimbus said:

[âIMG]

Oh how true !!!

I remember seeing this posted somewhere before and I've never been there before.....but this is the most Australian thing that I've ever seen.

19 minutes ago, hobot said:

I remember seeing this posted somewhere before and I've never been there before.....but this is the most Australian thing that I've ever seen.

Mmmmm.  Not something I would be proud of.

Pretty piss-poor in so many ways.

6 minutes ago, VOA said:

Yet you bragged about beating a roo to death with a plank of wood.

It was a rotten fence post, the roo was injured, someone had to do it.

But that's not bad recollection for someone who has only been here for a month or so, you fucking gutless sock.

1 minute ago, VOA said:

It is against the law to beat an animal to death in Australia. You did brag about it.

When did I brag about it?

What post?  You have only been here since last month apparently.  Lying dirty steeeenking fucking sock.

I guess that's why the post was rotten?  Then I'll have to go out and tell all my wooden fence posts I had rammed in that they don't exist.

There is a whiff about here ... smells like ... a bit like ... jackish?

There are some piss poor Troll Hunters around here.

Speaking of Australia, I had a hella time finding one of these on Gumtree in an XXXL.

Supposed to get thick out there this arvo.

image.png.a123512bbfa12fde68c40c449f2a89e7.png

28 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

out there this arvo.

Starting to sound like a local.

20 minutes ago, random said:
49 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

out there this arvo.

Starting to sound like a local.

I've been here too long.

If I ever utter the words "Chokkie bikki" you may put me down like a lame dog.

20 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

I've been here too long.

I can understand that, do the locals do bacon butties?

3 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Not as good as the Poms (their bacon is better) but still bloody good egg and bacon rolls.  Mind you there appears to be a recent trend using brioche buns to serve then on.  What's that all about FFS?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VOA said:

Rarely, it's not a term used all that much outside of the UK in my experience.

And the 2 abbreviations should never be used alongside one another. Chokkie biscuit or Chocolate bikkie if you get my meaning.

Next you’ll be telling us we dont call blue singlets “Wifebeaters”. 

3 minutes ago, dreadom said:

At least you don't have that unique American perversion, a "Hoe Down".

9 minutes ago, dreadom said:

Hahahahaaaaa  how about them when the guy has lots of body hair and the singlet is embedded into it.  The blue is faded and so are the tats.

56 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

I've been here too long.

That's probably what you would have said two years ago about 'this arvo".  

1 hour ago, nimbus said:
1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

Not as good as the Poms (their bacon is better) but still bloody good egg and bacon rolls.  Mind you there appears to be a recent trend using brioche buns to serve then on.  What's that all about FFS?

I've only had a Bacon Buttie in New Zealand. Doesn't mean they don't have them here, but I've not seen them around.

37 minutes ago, random said:
1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

I've been here too long.

That's probably what you would have said two years ago about 'this arvo".  

Nah, arvo isn't nearly as infantalized as "chokkie" and "bikki".

Turkey's on the grill. Hope the dust doesn't make it extra crunchy.

3 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Butties is english. 

3 hours ago, nimbus said:

A trend that can't die fast enough IMHO.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

That's not a dust storm

image.jpeg.43a8e38b2e94c11b8191d39eb0005810.jpeg

This is a Dust storm..Melb 1983

Image result for melbourne dust storm 1983

Yep i was in Melbourne when a similar one hit in January 1985. I remember being at Williamtown Beach when it was 40C and then 2 hours later went for walk near where a number of yachts were moored on bay facing the city when the dust storm rolled in from the NW from fires around Ballarat. When we returned to caravan park in Coburg where we were staying the tent was flattened.

21 minutes ago, albanyguy said:

Yep i was in Melbourne when a similar one hit in January 1985. I remember being at Williamtown Beach when it was 40C and then 2 hours later went for walk near where a number of yachts were moored on bay facing the city when the dust storm rolled in from the NW from fires around Ballarat. When we returned to caravan park in Coburg where we were staying the tent was flattened.

Yeah, I was working at the Dept of Defence building on St Kilda Rd in 83, 18 stories up watching that thing roll at us across the bay.week before the Ash wednesday fires I think...There was a caravan park in Coburg? Good Souvlaki as I recall. :)

5 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

That's not a dust storm

image.jpeg.43a8e38b2e94c11b8191d39eb0005810.jpeg

This is a Dust storm..Melb 1983

Image result for melbourne dust storm 1983

For Fuck's Sake. This has to stop. It's not good enough that the animals, plants and fish all want to kill you there, now the fucking weather does as well???

5 hours ago, Black Sox said:

For Fuck's Sake. This has to stop. It's not good enough that the animals, plants and fish all want to kill you there, now the fucking weather does as well???

The weather won that day... Ash Wednesday

7 hours ago, Black Sox said:

We survived. We shall rebuild. 

20181123_080147.thumb.jpg.a290426ee3e7d59ec4aced3bc2b50408.jpg

And no, you smartasses...the Great Dust Storm of 2018 did NOT blow those teak bungs out of the deck.

4 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

We survived. We shall rebuild. 

20181123_080147.thumb.jpg.a290426ee3e7d59ec4aced3bc2b50408.jpg

And no, you smartasses...the Great Dust Storm of 2018 did NOT blow those teak bungs out of the deck.

According to Good Old Boat, you can get a new old teak deck in Myanmar. Sydney Harbour Boatbuilders is buying up old building materials like old-growth teak beams, as the buildings get torn down. They used to just burn it...apparently the quality of the wood is amazing.

The sharks are quite smart down here too. This one managed to get inside a shark barrier designed to keep the buggers out!!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-24/shark-spotted-inside-albany-shark-net/10551832

Was down there watching it do laps around the enclosure. It looked a bit lonely but no one was willing to go in the water to give it some company :lol:

It was only a 6ft Bronze Whaler so nothing much to worry about as it'd only probably take off a toe or two :D

Just got home.

We had to evacuate our place today, big fire!  All good now.

Shit's getting a bit real.

On 11/12/2016 at 12:47 AM, Tornado_ALIVE said:

aPD8PYP_700b.jpg

FUUUUCK!

On 11/18/2016 at 12:14 AM, random said:

More than likely the eagle is scavenging but they will take smaller roos (Joeys) , they are easier of course. I haven't heard of an attack on humans.

But then there is this ...

That roo is like:  "Let me the FUCK in that goddammed truck, brah!"

One of these days, we're going to see video of a rock in Australia that rumbled into a crowded bar and beat up 20 big men.

And I, for one, will not be at all surprised.

I have no fucking idea what all the fuss is about with Australia being dangerous and the animals wanting to kill you.  I recall BJ being worried about the Danger Wild Dogs sign as we neared my place, but then we went and patted some of the most dangerous animals of all!

image.png.47ea8c512582f025322c34a28cd75553.png

On 11/24/2018 at 8:21 PM, random said:

Just got home.

You up that way? keep safe.

3 hours ago, Shortforbob said:
On 11/24/2018 at 1:21 PM, random said:

ust got home.

I was going to quip that he should burn in hell, but it appears he's already there.  :lol:

8 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

That way?  Fires everywhere.

On the way home from sailing got a phone call from wifey almost hyperventilating saying we had been advised to evacuate.

Ended well but we had a late night shuffling horses to and from the local show-grounds. 

A different sort of WTF...but ??wtf 

Nice

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-28/regional-school-choir-performs-at-new-yorks-carnegie-hall/10553948

After being 'discovered' on YouTube, a regional Australian high school choir has impressed a crowd at one of the world's most prestigious performance spaces.

Man airlifted to Darwin hospital after snake bites him while he sleeps in swag

A musterer asleep on a remote Northern Territory cattle station got the shock of his life when he woke up to find a snake in his swag with him.

On Tuesday, Lachlan Dingwell, 29, was bitten by the large snake, the species of which is not known, and airlifted to Royal Darwin Hospital.

"The snake wasn't in there when I went to bed, but it was a bit hot last night so I left my swag open," he told ABC Radio Darwin.

"Unzipped and woke up about 12:30am to a pain, like I could feel something on my leg.

This is still my favorite Aussie danger, I have posted details before.

As you are running away from the crocodile or dingo, these things are waiting patiently in the bush.

image.png.d8fe53917c10b0a85f99365f3428d0ae.png

https://www.9news.com.au/2018/12/07/13/21/victorian-man-attacked-by-roo-manages-to-save-his-stubby

Video footage has captured the moment a father went toe-to-toe with a kangaroo at his property near Bendigo.

Daniel Touhey has been left with deep cuts and bruises after he was kicked to the ground, but at least he managed to avoid spilling his beer.

The attack was captured in a video taken by Daniel's daughter, Bree, who told 9News that although they are laughing about it now, the incident left her shaken.

“I was just hoping that it didn't go any further than what it did, I was a bit shocked, it was very scary, I'm not sure what I would have done if it had have kept going,” she said.

Daniel was rushing to save his two dogs from the aggressive roo.

“There is a fair chance that the dogs were going to get drowned, because a kangaroo will grab dogs in the dam, pull them in and drown them, that is what I was worried about, that was my main concern,” he told 9News.

Daniel ran to the aid of dogs still holding his stubby, but the kangaroo turned on him, scratching and kicking him before forcing him to the ground.

The video has been shared thousands of times online, with comments flooding in from all over the world.

Many were impressed that he didn’t drop his stubby.

But Daniel hasn’t let his new found fame go to his head, heading back to work today.

Roos go for water when they are chased by dogs.  If desperate they will stand waste deep and attempt to drown a dog by holding it under. 

I have hunted a couple of large domestic dogs away from an exhausted roo many years ago.  I'm guessing that the dogs were harassing the animal and they guy was concerned that they would get injured if the fight continued.  Smallish dogs.

Anyway good on the roo for making a great defense.  But that's not how you deal with a roo anyway.  I'm available as a consultant on the subject.

14 hours ago, random said:

Roos go for water when they are chased by dogs.  If desperate they will stand waste deep and attempt to drown a dog by holding it under. 

I have hunted a couple of large domestic dogs away from an exhausted roo many years ago.  I'm guessing that the dogs were harassing the animal and they guy was concerned that they would get injured if the fight continued.  Smallish dogs.

Anyway good on the roo for making a great defense.  But that's not how you deal with a roo anyway.  I'm available as a consultant on the subject.

I've found that a 44 Mag rifle deals with aggressive roos very effectively indeed.

FKT

On 12/7/2018 at 4:16 PM, charisma94 said:

https://www.9news.com.au/2018/12/07/13/21/victorian-man-attacked-by-roo-manages-to-save-his-stubby

Video footage has captured the moment a father went toe-to-toe with a kangaroo at his property near Bendigo.

Daniel Touhey has been left with deep cuts and bruises after he was kicked to the ground, but at least he managed to avoid spilling his beer.

The attack was captured in a video taken by Daniel's daughter, Bree, who told 9News that although they are laughing about it now, the incident left her shaken.

“I was just hoping that it didn't go any further than what it did, I was a bit shocked, it was very scary, I'm not sure what I would have done if it had have kept going,” she said.

Daniel was rushing to save his two dogs from the aggressive roo.

“There is a fair chance that the dogs were going to get drowned, because a kangaroo will grab dogs in the dam, pull them in and drown them, that is what I was worried about, that was my main concern,” he told 9News.

Daniel ran to the aid of dogs still holding his stubby, but the kangaroo turned on him, scratching and kicking him before forcing him to the ground.

The video has been shared thousands of times online, with comments flooding in from all over the world.

Many were impressed that he didn’t drop his stubby.

But Daniel hasn’t let his new found fame go to his head, heading back to work today.

That's the most Australian thing I've seen since "The Castle."

• Like 1

We were finishing Day 1 of another Bay to Bay and heading into Gary's anchorage.  Fraser Island to starboard and Australia to port.  The Island is National Park, no dogs allowed.

One of the crew pointed to a woman with a small fluffy dog on the beach on the northern side of a small point, heading south.  Probably off one of the cruising boats moored in the area.  On the southern side of the point, out of sight to the women, heading north, were two Dingoes, just sniffing about looking for a feed.  We considered heading in closer and warning her but collectively decided not to, reasoning that the dingoes would attack the fluffy dog and not her.  That is as long as she didn't pick the dog up!

Have no idea what happened, nothing appeared in the news, but I bet the fluffy dog wasn't going for a shit on that National Park again.

Horses?!

?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-17/horse-more-likely-to-kill-you-than-bees-wasps-snakes-spiders/8188842

Deadly creatures elsewhere

Understandably, living in a country with creatures that can potentially kill us is a daunting prospect. As you can see from the figures, though, they don’t kill as many people as you might think and other countries have their own potentially deadly creatures.

In the United Kingdom there are reports of deaths or injuries from beeswidow spidersjellyfish and adder snakes.

The continent of America has a menagerie of reptilian assassins such as vipers, and its mammals also pack a punch, with reports of attacks from bearswolves and mountain lions.

A sturdy Australian would surely quake at the thought of being faced with an offensive grizzly, with no amount of Crocodile Dundee-esk buffalo hypnotism techniques going to get us through that encounter.

Sure Australia also has sharks and crocodiles, but it’s important to note that the majority of our critters do not come after you.

http://theconversation.com/welcome-to-australia-a-land-of-creatures-out-to-kill-you-maybe-71490

From the same article it seems clear that a lot of aussies are getting bit.....just not getting dead. 

DANGEROUS AUSTRALIANS

Australia is known world-wide for its dangerous animals. On average, all the people killed each year by snakes, crocs or sharks can be counted on just one hand. Is our dangerous reputation really fair?

https://australianmuseum.net.au/dangerous-australians

^ This.

The dangers are completely over stated.  If you do not swim in the ocean then jellyfish, tiger and white sharks, stingrays, stone-fish cannot get you.  If you do not go near the riverbank or ocean in tropical Australia crocodiles cannot eat you.  If you do not go near the bush, dingoes, snakes, stinging tress and spiders find it hard to get you as well.

Fact is that most people do not do these things and live where the most dangerous things about are intoxicated or stoned humans.  I feel very safe here but of course it's relative.  If you go to Europe, it's so sterile that I can see how someone from say Scotland might be scared.

The most unsafe I can feel isn't doing X knots with an unstable kite up, it's sitting on a horse.  I do not ride anymore because I no longer bounce.

On 12/8/2018 at 5:19 AM, random said:

Image result for fence palings

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VOA said:

You go girl! :P

Not so amusing, we've had more than 9 serious shark attacks in the last 2-3 month. Some of them by reef sharks..WTF is going on?

Too many humans.