Sign in to follow this  
Point Break

WTF Australia

Reef sharks attack spear fishermen because they smell like fish.

White sharks attack surfers because they look like seals

Tiger sharks attack people when they behave like turtles.

People attack sharks for $s

On 12/7/2018 at 7:19 PM, random said:

Roos go for water when they are chased by dogs.  If desperate they will stand waste deep and attempt to drown a dog by holding it under. 

I have hunted a couple of large domestic dogs away from an exhausted roo many years ago.  I'm guessing that the dogs were harassing the animal and they guy was concerned that they would get injured if the fight continued.  Smallish dogs.

Anyway good on the roo for making a great defense.  But that's not how you deal with a roo anyway.  I'm available as a consultant on the subject.

Image result for man with fence posts

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, random said:

Reef sharks attack spear fishermen because they smell like fish.

White sharks attack surfers because they look like seals

Tiger sharks attack people when they behave like turtles.

People attack sharks for $s

Yes..but there seem to be more of them this year.

There will be the usual cries for culling i suppose 

Odd that the victims rarely agree. 

8 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Yes..but t

Don't over complicate it.  The sharks don't give a fuck.

29 minutes ago, mad said:

You were closer to the money than LB.

8 minutes ago, random said:

Don't over complicate it.  The sharks don't give a fuck.

Mmmmm Flake and chips "D

Image result for flake and chips

7 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Yes..but there seem to be more of them this year.

There will be the usual cries for culling i suppose 

Odd that the victims rarely agree. 

I have seen more sharks in Moreton bay over the last few years than I have for a long time. A  fisherman mate agrees and says it is the same as land clearing has exploded the ‘Roo numbers. More boats using the waterways, more food scapes thrown over the side bringing them to the popular anchorages and more people fishing creates activity and brings them in. As for the increased attacks, well The Cid Harbour attacks can be explained by the Whale carcass that is in there and there are more people surfing the northern NSW headlands and back beach’s  than ever before. These photos were taken of Moreton island last week by my mate the fisherman. 

4691E8C0-BC32-4C1D-A05C-902FFC0C96CC.jpeg

FFE8443D-8F81-4FF5-9FF0-47C627C21C03.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Surely its global warming?

Shh..this is GA..could be though.

Interesting bit on the Great barrier reef.

Seems some bits are recovering from bleaching..good news. Bad news is it's only some larger more resistant types seem to be able to adapt..the small more delecate stuff not recovering. cant find the article now

1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Surely its global warming?

Are you out of purple ink?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Shh..this is GA..could be though.

Interesting bit on the Great barrier reef.

Seems some bits are recovering from bleaching..good news. Bad news is it's only some larger more resistant types seem to be able to adapt..the small more delecate stuff not recovering. cant find the article now

Meli the surface bleaching was caused by the abnormal LOW sea level height exposing the coral. This was caused by the 2015/16 El Niño. True this doesn’t fit the alarmist agenda but it is an undeniable and proven fact. Google it between filling the water jug and gossiping around the water cooler when you get a chance.

Of course you can always use photo’s of the cyclone damage to the reef to back up your ignorant claims like the greens got caught doing, but the reef survived the 950-1050 AD peak when it was significantly warmer than it is now. The reef is estimated to be over 500 000 years old. And has you pointed out it is on the way back. Rather than just believe everything you hear in the st Kilda coffee shops you should do a little research of your own. 

14 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

The reef is estimated to be over 500 000 years old.

By who or what organisation? Given the Pleistocene Ice Age only ended 20K years ago the current reef area would have been somewhat elevated at that time.

As I keep pointing out nearly all the geographic features on the coast are the result of rising sea levels.

FKT

From ‘live science’ website. Can’t post a link on this phone.

‘The Great Barrier Reef is about 500,000 years old, but it hasn't always looked as it does today. Reefs on Australia's continental shelf have taken on many forms, depending on the sea level, and the current formation is about 6,000 to 8,000 years old.

According to the Australian Institute of Marine Science and other scientific research, the current reef began to form during the Last Glacial Maximum. This period, which occurred from about 26,500 years ago to 19,000 to 20,000 years ago, ushered in significant environmental changes in the region, including a dramatic drop in sea levels.’ 

8 hours ago, LB 15 said:

From ‘live science’ website. Can’t post a link on this phone.

‘The Great Barrier Reef is about 500,000 years old, but it hasn't always looked as it does today. Reefs on Australia's continental shelf have taken on many forms, depending on the sea level, and the current formation is about 6,000 to 8,000 years old.

According to the Australian Institute of Marine Science and other scientific research, the current reef began to form during the Last Glacial Maximum. This period, which occurred from about 26,500 years ago to 19,000 to 20,000 years ago, ushered in significant environmental changes in the region, including a dramatic drop in sea levels.’ 

So what they're really saying is, there has been some form of coral reef somewhere close to where it is now, at various periods in the past, and other times - like the Glacials - it was many metres up in the air and dead as a dodo. Then re-colonised during the next warming period.

Well, duh. But that is *not* the same as saying that the Great Barrier Reef is 500K years old because it most certainly is not. As they say, 6K to 8K years old is believable.

Which incidentally is damn good indication that it'll nicely survive a 4C atmospheric temperature rise and a corresponding sea temp rise - assuming both actually come about. The difference is, the barrier reef might be off of Tasmania. I won't mind at all as I'll have a deep waterfront property to keep my new toy. You can keep all those clowns chartering boats in the Whitsundays though, we don't want them down here.

FKT

If you wander about some of the islands off the QLD coast you can see old coral reefs above the current high tide mark.

17 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Meli the surface bleaching was caused by the abnormal LOW sea level height exposing the coral. This was caused by the 2015/16 El Niño. True this doesn’t fit the alarmist agenda but it is an undeniable and proven fact. Google it between filling the water jug and gossiping around the water cooler when you get a chance.

Of course you can always use photo’s of the cyclone damage to the reef to back up your ignorant claims like the greens got caught doing, but the reef survived the 950-1050 AD peak when it was significantly warmer than it is now. The reef is estimated to be over 500 000 years old. And has you pointed out it is on the way back. Rather than just believe everything you hear in the st Kilda coffee shops you should do a little research of your own. 

LB knows more about this than Australian Scientists.  Well done LB, we are so lucky to have you here.

There are a couple of little wiggles in the chart, they must be your "abnormally low" bits.

image.thumb.png.ec35e2678154b7f7fef423763529e953.png

High-quality global sea-level measurements from satellite altimetry since 1993 (red line), in addition to longer-term records from tide gauges (blue line, with green shading providing an indication of the confidence range of the estimate). www.cmar.csiro.au/sealevel/. From 1993–2013 sea level has risen at a rate of about 2.6–2.9 mm per year with a confidence range of +/- 0.4 mm (Watson et al, 2015).

15 minutes ago, random said:

LB knows more about this than Australian Scientists.  Well done LB, so luck to have you here.

There are a couple of little wiggles in the chart, they must be your "abnormally low" bits.

image.thumb.png.ec35e2678154b7f7fef423763529e953.png

High-quality global sea-level measurements from satellite altimetry since 1993 (red line), in addition to longer-term records from tide gauges (blue line, with green shading providing an indication of the confidence range of the estimate). www.cmar.csiro.au/sealevel/. From 1993–2013 sea level has risen at a rate of about 2.6–2.9 mm per year with a confidence range of +/- 0.4 mm (Watson et al, 2015).

Morning mate. What exactly were you doing during the science classes at school? Smoking pot behind the toilet block? Smoking dick in the toilet block? But you weren’t in class obviously. I mentioned the El Niño of 2015/16 effecting the western pacific and you produce a study talking about global sea level that used data from two years before that occurred. It’s not to late mate. You can finish high school at any age. 

1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

Morning mate. What exactly were you doing during the science classes at school? Smoking pot behind the toilet block? Smoking dick in the toilet block? But you weren’t in class obviously. I mentioned the El Niño of 2015/16 effecting the western pacific and you produce a study talking about global sea level that used data from two years before that occurred. It’s not to late mate. You can finish high school at any age. 

So it is the little wiggles that you are talking about?  The ones on the sea level rising graph?

If you could answer without any more references to male genitalia, that would be good.

4 minutes ago, random said:

So it is the little wiggles that you are talking about?  The ones on the sea level rising graph?

If you could answer without any more references to male genitalia, that would be good.

What would also be good is if you actually read my post. I typed it slowly because I know you can’t read very fast. Let me help. ‘Global’ is the entire marble. ‘Western Pacific’ is one area. 2013 was two years before 2015. 

And you are a stupid ‘cunt’, which is female genitalia. 

If you could answer without any more references to genitalia, that would be good.

1 hour ago, random said:

If you could answer without any more references to genitalia, that would be good.

No surprise that you watch the wiggles. Which one’s your favourite?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, random said:

Sorry to have to disappoint you, dickbreath, but you taking the high ground is almost as funny (not ‘funni’) as your obsession with conspiracies and your child like interpretation of science. Would a badly done meme or Gif be more mature? Like that brain dead school girl at the rally who said the Adarni coal mine had already destroyed much of the Barrier reef, you just mix information that you don’t even understand. 

Your text was about ‘Global’ sea level rise was published in 2015 and based on data that ended in 2013. Now try and stay with me on this. The El Niño was in 2015/16 and the area that was effected by a lower sea level was in one part of the Pacific. Not the ‘Globe’. 

Still with me? Useing your logic, the recent cold snap over North America must not have happened. How could it? Mean global temperature has risen (by .8 of a degree). 

You obviously think like that poor stupid child that the ‘proposed’ adarni mine caused the bleaching of the reef 2 years ago. The only difference is that she will grow up one day.

i should give you the benefit of the doubt and put it all down to your lifelong drug taking but after your claims like that you are an IRO and have sailed in many B2G races I can’t. You are just a lying female genitalia. 

1 hour ago, random said:

Hahahahaaaaaa

image.png.87f4667e91afcf8297cf51019ce16736.png

Ahh that's better. You should stick to things you are good at.

Like posting stupid memes. 

@LB 15 I see you found what you were looking for a few hours ago...or was that yesterday? :lol::lol:

Edit: That was yesterday. They all blend in together sometimes. I must've read it this morning. Where's the Rum? :D or my most recent fave

LS-HAND-e1530249847994.jpg

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Ahh that's better. You should stick to things you are good at.

Like posting stupid memes. 

It was spot on though, you were spinning like a top.

It's not only high school kids that have become unthinking followers of the climate religion (or mass psychosis).

After the recent Cid Harbour shark attacks, a local lady in her 50's told me it was obviously because of global warming.

After I realised she was actually serious, I asked her "So sharks have been biting things that thrash on the surface for millions of years, but last month they started doing exactly the same thing because of global warming?"

The answer: "Of course, everybody knows that!"

So I guess if the Adani mine gets going, sharks are going to start hanging around outside beachside bars looking for fights...……...

16 minutes ago, Happy said:

It's not only high school kids that have become unthinking followers of the climate religion (or mass psychosis).

Just added you to the list of stupid cunts Hoppy.  There are a few about.

Oh ... one more thing ... get a fucking brain you stupid cunt.

The school children are getting an education, something you missed out on.

So you agree that the recent shark attacks were caused by global warming?

Possibly global warming causes you to immediately call someone who disagrees with you various types of cunt? 

I could call you a brain-dead Green fuckwit lacking the intellectual capacity to do your own research and make up your own mind instead of sucking up the propaganda and loudly parroting the lines.

But I won't do that, too rude.

Have you ever heard of whales?  Dead ones?  How about the fact that people actually live permanently at Cid harbour and throw their scraps over the side every fucking day?

I was there two years ago for a few nights, met a guy the locals call The Mayor of Cid Harbour,  because he lives there, so do others.  Once there are permanent residents on the surface then that attracts other permanent residents under the surface. 

I put a line over the side near where two of the attacks happened and boated two of the biggest Golden Trevally I have ever seen.  One of them we had to get in the tender to chase and keep away from the anchor chain.

But it's the boom in whale numbers sustaining the shark fleet.

That aside, you are a dumb cunt.  Get an education for fucks sake, at least catch up to the 12 year olds who clearly have a handle on the latest science.

4 hours ago, random said:

It was spot on though, you were spinning like a top.

Randy riddled by ashalt fumes and pot is the spin that never stops. 

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, random said:

Have you ever heard of whales?  Dead ones?  How about the fact that people actually live permanently at Cid harbour and throw their scraps over the side every fucking day?

I was there two years ago for a few nights, met a guy the locals call The Mayor of Cid Harbour,  because he lives there, so do others.  Once there are permanent residents on the surface then that attracts other permanent residents under the surface. 

I put a line over the side near where two of the attacks happened and boated two of the biggest Golden Trevally I have ever seen.  One of them we had to get in the tender to chase and keep away from the anchor chain.

That aside, you are a dumb cunt.  Get an education for fucks sake, at least catch up to the 12 year olds who clearly have a handle on the latest science.

Were you using a fence post for bait?

9 hours ago, random said:

Just added you to the list of stupid cunts Hoppy.  There are a few about.

Oh ... one more thing ... get a fucking brain you stupid cunt.

The school children are getting an education, something you missed out on.

Yes they are being taught that a proposed coal mine caused coral bleaching two years ago. I will give you points to the genitalia reference however. 

8 hours ago, random said:

You go to the Whitsundays and hang out a Cid Harbour? What a punter. Did you have a big night at Beaches before you picked up your charter boat as well? What boat were you on- Hammer or Condor?

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

You go to the Whitsundays and hang out a Cid Harbour? What a punter. Did you have a big night at Beaches before you picked up your charter boat as well? What boat were you on- Hammer or Condor?

Just me and the owner of large luxury cat.  I flew up when his wife had to return home for family matters.  Someone had to mind him.

We had a one night at Cid heading out and one one the way back.  Had an awesome time.

On 12/10/2018 at 9:53 PM, mad said:

Good to see the stakeholders involved in this conversation.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Would explain why the rest of the world is so fucking weird.

It explains all the pollution off west coast USA.

53 minutes ago, Flatbag said:

It explains all the pollution off west coast USA.

Now I know why so many people think that Vancouver is the cat's ass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

Now I know why so many people think that Vancouver is the cat's ass.

Isn't Vancouver one of the great cities of the world? Seems a hard place to lick.......

16 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Were you using a fence post for bait?

No I went into Sawmill Bay and caught live herring in a cast net,  One cast and back to the cat.  Aerator in the bucket to keep them alive.

Put the first one and went inside for a beer.  Screaming reel time.  After we gaffed it and gave it the last rights with the priest (aluminim baseball bat), we let it lay on the back of the cat while I ensured that the beer did not get warm.  While I was telling my mate how I couldn't believe that the fish had not been taken by a shark because we had taken so long to get it in ... we heard this banging about and a large splash!

The fish had not been killed but just knocked unconscious.  It came to and flapped about until it fell into the water, still connected to both the gaff and the line.  I managed to get to the rod just in time to save it from also going overboard.  The fish got a second life and took 50m of line before I could adjust the drag!  So then I really thought it would be taken by a man in a grey flannel suit as it was now bleeding from the gaff hole.

Anyway it ended well.  Fish re-boated.  So we had another beer and didn't put another bait in the water for fear of connecting with another one of those fucking animals.  Too much work when we were trying to relax! 

The Mayor of Cid Harbour was moored near us and he said that our fish was not one of the really big ones.  Fuck that then, no more fishing here.

"Standing at the limit of an endless ocean
Stranded like a runaway, lost at sea"

image.png.968e5cb638f0ea33afa8cb24697fb400.png

40 minutes ago, FinnFish said:

Packers new $200M runabout.

5238c2c69f647632b3389680e5e343f97ae2f90a

That should help his mental health problems.

54 minutes ago, random said:

That should help his mental health problems.

Nothing to say about the environmental impact it has & will make then?

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, FinnFish said:

Packers new $200M runabout.

5238c2c69f647632b3389680e5e343f97ae2f90a

It's hard to know if the boat is the solution or a symptom of the problem.

"Events moved swiftly last week with the announcement last Wednesday that he had resigned as a director of Crown Resorts for mental health reasons. By Friday he was photographed arriving in Mexico with his closest friends, including Jalland and Ben Tilley. "

Meli it seems there is no empathy available from this site.  Best not to expect it.

Well perhaps 'thoughts and prayers' after another mass shooting in the US is the exception but that's the usual disingenuous shit.

Sorry about the leak in the roof, they are real pricks to fix sometimes.

I'm hoping it was just because the wind was driving water under the tiles. it was horizontal last night and from the north, like a pressure hose.

a PITA on a two story house but no need for empathy..some people suffered real damage.

Bright side..front of the house is nice and clean for christmas :D

Tiles make a poor roof.  They can leak, they can blow away, they can be smashed by hail, and if that does not happen, the 'pointing' will crack and let water damage your ceiling.

In Australia a well screwed down steel roof is required.  I have no idea why insurance companies write policies for houses with tile roofs.

Tiles make a poor roof.  They can leak, they can blow away, they can be smashed by hail, and if that does not happen, the 'pointing' will crack and let water damage your ceiling.

In Australia a well screwed down steel roof is required.  I have no idea why insurance companies write policies for houses with tile roofs.

Amazing. It's taken you until the 16th of December but you've actually managed to make a correct post in 2018.

Well done. Maybe next year you'll be able to double your score.

I wouldn't have a tile roof either - every house I've built has had a Colorbond steel roof. Bit noisier but the peace of mind is well worth it especially in the season where a big thunderstorm might roll in and dump an enormous amount of hail on Sydney. Tile roofs get pulverised and collapse; steel roofs just get dented.

FKT

keeps the house cooler thus reducing your carbon footprint. and repairs are easier, they last longer and dont rust.

I wonder which is more environmentally sustainable to manufacture..90 sm of steel or 90sm of terra cotta?

My roof's prolly at least 90 years old..I've been up into the attic..no apparent holes..My old tin roof was only 50 YO leaked like a sieve every time we had a big downpour. Hopping up there with a peice of tin and a tube of silicone every couple of years was a PITA. :)

I think it was in the 1990's when a hail storm went through Sydney and smashed thousands of tiled house roofs.  I was flying in regularly at the time and it took more than two years before I stopped seeing blue and yellow tarps.  Fuck that.   Roof goes and you ceiling collapses, entire house fucked.

Poor design is an understatement.  Fine for the midlands of England.

2 minutes ago, random said:

I think it was in the 1990's when a hail storm went through Sydney and smashed thousands of tiled house roofs.  I was flying in regularly at the time and it took more than two years before I stopped seeing blue and yellow tarps.  Fuck that.   Roof goes and you ceiling collapses, entire house fucked.

Poor design is an understatement.  Fine for the midlands of England.

I suppose it's not a one size fits all situation. 

But, just guessing, from an environmental POV I think terra cotta is better from the original manufacture, to energy consumption during their lifetime, to recycling...you can and people do, recycle terra cotta tiles. Never seen a colourbond roof re used.. the tin maybe..after it's been melted and recast 

10 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

But, just guessing, from an environmental POV I think

Yep, you need to remember that the next time a hail storm is coming your way.

Just now, random said:

hmm..I thought good environmentalists put the planet before the hip pocket:rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, random said:

I would have thought that really big hail ..big enough to crack terra cotta would ding the colourbond, possibly around the overlaps enough to warp it and let water in? Maybe those tarps you saw from the air were where the tin blew off?

Tin's better in bushfire prone area's, Tiles better for heat and longevity ...........and the environment :P

8 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

I would have thought that really big hail ..big enough to crack terra cotta would ding the colourbond, possibly around the overlaps enough to warp it and let water in? Maybe those tarps you saw from the air were where the tin blew off?

Tin's better in bushfire prone area's, Tiles better for heat and longevity ...........and the environment :P

Maybe maybe  maybe?  Maybe you have no idea what you are talking about?

8 minutes ago, random said:

Maybe maybe  maybe?  Maybe you have no idea what you are talking about?

Maybe, but I see you're not refuting my assertion that tile rooves have a lower carbon footprint :)

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

Maybe, but I see you're not refuting my assertion that tile rooves have a lower carbon footprint :)

You made a fact free claim good for you.  Why do expect me to chime in?

43 minutes ago, random said:

You made a fact free claim good for you.  Why do expect me to chime in?

Is it a fact free claim? you're the forums environmental warrior :D

11 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Is it a fact free claim? you're the forums environmental warrior :D

You’re making the claim, it’s up to you to support it. 

Why don’t you take it PA instead of dirtying this board with your petty squabbling

• Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, VOA said:

Why don’t you take it PA instead of dirtying this board with your petty squabbling

And this thread is our little oz corner..our rules. Discussing the merits of clay over steel is not political anyway.

and 

https://www.constructionspecifier.com/minimizing-environmental-impacts-with-clay-roofing/

Now why don't you take you're self off back to the pub?.. 

1 minute ago, Debil's advokaat said:

/Now..take your petty squabbles off to PA 

seen what's in SA lately ?

the days of politics being confined to PA are over .

14 minutes ago, Mid said:

seen what's in SA lately ?

the days of politics being confined to PA are over .

The Britex thread? yeah i saw that..I think as long as its sailing related it passes the hammer...OTOH..zapper might be on holiday ..he did pin that unsubtle reminder to keep ourselves nice. :)

I wouldn't put any money on your claim. Voice of Asshattery would call my Whale thread out as being political if he could get away with it. :rolleyes:

bit wet in Tully ...................

On 12/14/2018 at 6:56 PM, Shortforbob said:

Bit wet.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-14/victorian-forecasters-predicting-more-rain/10617864

That was about 6pm.

Hate to be out about an hour ago..even worse. 3am..rain just washed my windows..under the veranda..and my bedroom ceiling's sprung a leak :(

Thoughts and prayers Meli.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, VOA said:

Let them have at it. I love it when the socialist children fight. Bent V Randumb is one of my favourite regular match ups. Intellectual midget wrestling. 

3 hours ago, FinnFish said:

This isn't the first time the Territory's been in this situation.  The last time it was the righties who built up the debt and the lefties who had to fix it.

The previous RW government were corrupt, incompetent and cared not a whit for the Territory and it's people.  They were thrown out as they should have been.  But the new lot seriously have never looked like they have a plan.  Deer in the headlights is, I think, the saying.

One major problem is the very small (and reducing) population.  Between both sides there isn't enough talent to form a decent cabinet, let alone one side forming a government.  2019 isn't going to be a pretty year.

4 minutes ago, Recidivist said:

One major problem is the very small (and reducing) population.  Between both sides there isn't enough talent to form a decent cabinet, let alone one side forming a government.  2019 isn't going to be a pretty year.

That’s odd. Why is population getting smaller? 

15 minutes ago, Point Break said:

A major construction project ($50B LNG plant) is winding up the construction stage, which means the loss of thousands of jobs.  Most of those people are FIFO, and are returning to their home states.  There is nothing on the horizon of a scale that could reverse those flows.  On top of that, the Territory is a very harsh environment and it's getting worse.  People stay until retirement and then leave for kinder conditions.  Because of the small scale, there are many fields of endeavour that are not available, so kids leave to work in larger cities (my son left 11 years ago, when he was 17, and lives in Sydney which is the only place to work in his field).  This reduces family ties and makes it easier to leave.  The loss of population results in less taxation income (collected by the Federal Government and distributed to the states and Territories under a formula that is mostly population based).  Less income means higher rates of local taxation and less public sector jobs.  It's a spiral that needs some vision to arrest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Point Break said:

Darwin is a hot, humid shit-hole.

And that's during the 'dry' season.

FKT

11 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Darwin is a hot, humid shit-hole.

And that's during the 'dry' season.

FKT

Harsh FKT!  Especially from someone who lives in Tasmania!

There's a strong association between my arrival in Darwin and ceasing to sail to Hobart every year as some sort of ritual self-flagellation.  Tassie is a lovely place, but too cold to support intelligent life. ;)

12 minutes ago, Recidivist said:

Tassie is a lovely place, but too cold to support intelligent life. ;)

This is true. Praise the Lord for it, too.

My new boat is lying alongside the fitting out wharf for a weekly rate roughly equivalent to the daily rate in Sydney. Which is where I am ATM. Too bloody hot & humid and *waaaaaaay* too many people.

Give me the plant life of Tasmania any day at this time of year.

FKT

4 hours ago, Point Break said:

To get this thread back on track ...

Because they are getting killed by crocodiles, sharks, snakes, spiders, buffalo, kangaroos and all our other deadly wildlife !!!!!

• Like 1

Well I said it was a bit wet on Friday and Saturday.

Had to close 4 of our 5 libraries today and at least two will be closed until new year.

1 ceiling collapsed over the workroom and study area..lost all the Mags, journals and periodicals ..no one hurt .

2 Wall of water hit the new enclosed portico, flooded half the Library floor.

3 Water running down the walls of the server room.

4 flooded and ceiling leaks, fried all the electrics.

Oddly the main library that usually leaks like a sieve in normal storms was fine.

This is really unusual, actually historic I believe, wind and rain from the north.

I have never heard a Blowie being called a dunny budgie...someones been indulging in too much McKenzie.

Well it's been a while since we had 'dunny's'.

As a very small child I recall us living with an outdoor dunny.  The reason I even remember it is that was terrified that the 'dunny man' was going to arrive while I was there.

This is what Meli had to go through to get in.