• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
White Lightnin'

Never move here!!!

http://q13fox.com/2016/10/26/soggy-nw-on-verge-of-breaking-october-rainfall-records/

Its just not a nice place to live. Stay where you are. Its like this 12 months out of the year!

Windy too

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=sisw1

Yup. All you people should stay where you are.

:)

WL

Pussies!

We had 26" of rain in 24 hours here on the Redneck RIviera a couple of springs ago. Mobile is the rainiest city in the Lower 48. It doesn't just drizzle for day or weeks on end though. Comes down hard and we get lots of sun too. However we haven't had a drop of rain in all of October and will probably finish the month arid. That goes back to 1847 I think for a record.

I may move to the PNW to get away from the rain! Actually it would be to get away from the humidity... not to mention a lot of local stupidity.

Do you think Seattle is the rainiest city in the United States? Well, think again.

Mobile, Alabama, actually topped a new list of soggiest cities in the 48 contiguous states, with more than 5 feet of rainfall annually, according to a study conducted by San Francisco-based WeatherBill, Inc. [How Weather Changed History]

The Southeast dominated the most rainy list, while the Pacific Northwest never enters the list until Olympia, Washington pops up at number 24.

HTFU PNW!

You cannot deter me.

I'm there. It's just a matter of time.

I like rain. I just need to retire because rain makes me want to read a book, drink tea and take a nap in front of the fire with some Coltrane on my music machine.

It drizzled here the other day for a few minutes and we were on "storm watch"!

Worked as a framer on my days off down there, clouds would roll in and we would be done for the day. Can't build in the rain apparently.

Another reason not to come here! Nothing gets built, we live in mud huts!

WL

You cannot deter me.

I'm there. It's just a matter of time.

I like rain. I just need to retire because rain makes me want to read a book, drink tea and take a nap in front of the fire with some Coltrane on my music machine.

There are few things better than a good book by the fire, when it's nasty out. Mind you, I am having to build more bookcases since I retired. But apparently I have the time!

WL

It only rains once a year here. It just starts in October and ends sometime in early July.

Yeah................ No.................. Don't worry, you're safe from me.

I'd be back in the Caribbean if it were solely my choice.......................

Just what Skagit County needs....more Californians.

I thought the reason that Oregon was shaped like a sandbag was to stop the flood of Californian's

;)

WL

Its raining here right now which means nothings on fire for the moment.

Great. Here comes an earthquake.

It's definitely a nice place to visit, I could live there. Funny, every time my wife and I travel somewhere we say "This is nice, I could move here". Then we come home and say "Nope, it's really great right here".

I spent 168 days up that way a few cup cycles ago. It rained for 145 of them.

It's definitely a nice place to visit, I could live there. Funny, every time my wife and I travel somewhere we say "This is nice, I could move here". Then we come home and say "Nope, it's really great right here".

I totally suffer from that disease. I actually have looked at places and talked to realtors in several places. We'd never leave our current place in So Cal.....love it here, but I'd love a second place somewhere very different than here. But......we can't afford a second place AND our boat so there you go. Mrs PB just smiles and humors me through my same analysis each time. "We could rent it out to offset the payments". "Yes dear we could". "Oh heck, the numbers still don't work if we want to travel also". "That's a good point dear". "I guess we'll have to pass". "That's very wise of you dear".

She has me wired........

Pussies!

We had 26" of rain in 24 hours here on the Redneck RIviera a couple of springs ago. Mobile is the rainiest city in the Lower 48. It doesn't just drizzle for day or weeks on end though. Comes down hard and we get lots of sun too. However we haven't had a drop of rain in all of October and will probably finish the month arid. That goes back to 1847 I think for a record.

I may move to the PNW to get away from the rain! Actually it would be to get away from the humidity... not to mention a lot of local stupidity.

Do you think Seattle is the rainiest city in the United States? Well, think again.

Mobile, Alabama, actually topped a new list of soggiest cities in the 48 contiguous states, with more than 5 feet of rainfall annually, according to a study conducted by San Francisco-based WeatherBill, Inc. [How Weather Changed History]

The Southeast dominated the most rainy list, while the Pacific Northwest never enters the list until Olympia, Washington pops up at number 24.

HTFU PNW!

It was weird how I got used to that ... it could start to rain in Alabama, and then just keep raining for three or four days, then it would gradually slow down, make a person think it's all rained out, then start up again for another day.

Then finally when it ended, a cloud of mosquitoes the consistency of a cumonimbus would descend within minutes. At one point I got to just leaving the smeared guts of the skeeters on me after I slapped them because it seemed to deter the others a little bit.

It's good though. If it wasn't for the rain and skeeters, those areas around Bon Secour would be overrun.

dude, what is your address?

I want to be your neighbor.

You will need a pilothouse sailboat, stainless steel firearms, some surgically implanted webbing in your toes and fingers, eternal optimism that the rain may one day slow to just a drizzle, the ability to wear socks with sandals, and an instinctive need for wool clothing.

Then, welcome to the neighborhood!!

;)

WL

You will need a pilothouse sailboat, stainless steel firearms, some surgically implanted webbing in your toes and fingers, eternal optimism that the rain may one day slow to just a drizzle, the ability to wear socks with sandals, and an instinctive need for wool clothing.

;)

WL

Socks with sandals? Dude.............

It's definitely a nice place to visit, I could live there. Funny, every time my wife and I travel somewhere we say "This is nice, I could move here". Then we come home and say "Nope, it's really great rig

I do the same thing but then Im back a couple of weeks and I need to go somewhere to escape my backwood neighbors. I had family visiting and my drunk neighbor is discharging a rifle in the hood.

Im thinking about Pagosa Springs

;)

WL

Crocs n socks....Tilley hat, flannel shirt and a Subaru.

;)

WL

I've lived aboard before so Id do the 2 birds, I have a Desert Eagle, my little bro is an Orthopod and I'm smart about wool..

;)

WL

yeah

;)

WL

Crocs n socks....Tilley hat, flannel shirt and a Subaru.

Check, check and check!

WL

It's definitely a nice place to visit, I could live there. Funny, every time my wife and I travel somewhere we say "This is nice, I could move here". Then we come home and say "Nope, it's really great rig

I do the same thing but then Im back a couple of weeks and I need to go somewhere to escape my backwood neighbors. I had family visiting and my drunk neighbor is discharging a rifle in the hood.

Pagosa Springs is very nice but getting bought up by Texans. Just like most of southern CO. You're not from Texas are you?

Hmm, we here in Chicago-ish get more precipitation in a year than Seattle.

I live in a micro climate that gets more than Seattle. A lot more.

Not like Hoh but a decent amount more than Seattle.

Sill, I'm with everyone else. Don't move to WA. The people are mean and they have poor hygiene.

Pagosa Springs is very nice but getting bought up by Texans. Just like most of southern CO. You're not from Texas are you?

ha NO I'm from the East Coast, displaced and disenfranchised on a lake Near Raleigh NC. It's funny you should mention TX because my friend/financial advisor from Houston suggested the location.

Sill, I'm with everyone else. Don't move to WA. The people are mean and they have poor hygiene.

Yes, but you are closer to being a Hoh than we are..

:P

WL

Well, yes. I'm a single guy in my 40's. My standards are high when sober but as the evening goes on, they go to Hoh.

In an earlier life I was a bouncer for a few years.

There were,apparently, very few ugly women at 2 AM....

WL

Well, yes. I'm a single guy in my 40's. My standards are high when sober but as the evening goes on, they go to Hoh.

WL

Willignesse ist the morthere loade evrey minnere seekes..... :)

ha NO I'm from the East Coast, displaced and disenfranchised on a lake Near Raleigh NC. It's funny you should mention TX because my friend/financial advisor from Houston suggested the location.

Well there you go!

I'm amazed by the amount of little towns all across the east. Many more than out here but we do have quite a few worth visiting. We are limited by big ass mountains!

If you make it out for a visit drop me a line.

A lot of places in the country get more rain than Seattle, but Seattle gets more days of rain then a lot of other places.

A lot of places in the country get more rain than Seattle, but Seattle gets more days of rain then a lot of other places.

That's why God made warm drinks, books and fireplaces.

we had 9'" of rain in 2 days here in NC Id like to sell my house and move to Cali

Rain??? What is this "rain" you speak of???

we had 9'" of rain in 2 days here in NC Id like to sell my house and move to Cali

Rain??? What is this "rain" you speak of???

Hurricane Matthew

They'll sell cheap once the boom-du-jour is over. (I guess it's weed this time.)

We just got the news that we set a new record for October. It rained 27 days in Victoria; Vancouver had rain on 28 days, also a new record. My tan is rapidly washing off.

We just got the news that we set a new record for October. It rained 27 days in Victoria; Vancouver had rain on 28 days, also a new record. My tan is rapidly washing off.

That's ok, the rust will soon set in to replace it.

WL

Willignesse ist the morthere loade evrey minnere seekes..... :)

and doggy style is a wonderful position..

They'll sell cheap once the boom-du-jour is over. (I guess it's weed this time.)

you won't have to worry about that IF texas ever legalizes..

we had .07" of what was reported as rain last week

they have just about removed all the tangled wrecks and most roads are open again

DAGO SUCKS ....... don't even think about it

so BAD even the FUCKING SUCKING chargers are moving out

Well, the sum finally came out today. Everyone was afraid to go outside because anyone under 40 had never seen it before!

WL

36" of rain a year is nothing really. It is the number of days that are drizzly that other people complain about. Been here in Hilo area for 3 years almost now, where we get 120" of rain a year. Something about being on the windward side of an Island with couple thousand of rain making ocean to the east. When it rains, you definitely know it. And almost everyone has metal roofs, so you hear it too. I can be outside and hear the rain coming up the road from the ocean beating on all of the roofs.

And it is 80 every day, summer or winter. It is those 34 deg. and raining days with 20 knot winds that really get you.

But born and raised in the Seattle area, I miss it. But everyone here in Hawaii is told Seattle is NOT the place to move. But I am surprised at how many move there anyway. Oh well.......

Keep up the good work, Mr. Lesser Seattle....

80 is too hot. Low 70's is pushing it. Upper 50's to low 60's is perfect.

It's 68 here today. Pushing it but the Sun isn't that strong at this time of year, so it's OK.

Still, it's muddy and I cannot get my lower field harvested yet without pigging up the ground.

I like mid 70's. Cloudy cool morning clearing off around 12, warmup to 76-78 mid afternoon. Clouds come in around 6 with a nice onshorewind.

What a great day.

See, 80 degrees. ALL you people should move to Hilo with some Capt. Morgan...

WL

I really wanted to go to UH Hilo to take their Horticulture program. Ended up at Manoa instead.

75 and going on a bike ride soon.

I spent 3 weeks in kohala. I could live there. Not too hot, not too rainy at least when I was there. Hauled ass in the rental car to the top of mauna kea. Spectacular. Kids threw u9 on the raod to hilo.awesome road. Stayed at the volcano hotel.

I could live on an island.....almost any island with ocean around it. We considered several when we retired. Mrs PB - as much of a water baby as she is - knows she isn't suited for island living. Too confining for her. So...I'm good. We visit often enough....lots of different ones.

I could live on an island.....almost any island with ocean around it. We considered several when we retired. Mrs PB - as much of a water baby as she is - knows she isn't suited for island living. Too confining for her. So...I'm good. We visit often enough....lots of different ones.

We like living on a big island. We are a pocket of civilization isolated from the mainland.

We like living on a big island. We are a pocket of civilization isolated from the mainland.

It certainly wouldn't bother me in fact I'm quite sure I'd prefer it. But you gotta pick a place where you both are fine. I love where I am and she does as well. Good enough for me. :)

WL

I really wanted to go to UH Hilo to take their Horticulture program. Ended up at Manoa instead.

Pineapple U!

WL

Pineapple U!

Yep! :)

we had 1" this year!

Not true! We had that massive storm back in early March that dumped tons of rain in a few hours. I don't think we've had a rein drop since.

we had 1" this year!

Not true! We had that massive storm back in early March that dumped tons of rain in a few hours. I don't think we've had a rein drop since.

48" ytd

There's some bright shiny things up in the sky right now, blindingly bright!!

It scares me, I'm going back in the house to hide.

😎

That's it. I'm leaving.

Actually driving over to Boise for a centarian birthday party.

Plus there is something humerous about being in Idaho during the election...

WL

For any Americans thinking you need to escape. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out. We don't need any whiney spoiled "I'll take my ball and go home" brats in the mix going forward.