Quick google search turned up only user manuals/install guides, hoping someone here would have an open source option, or a pay-to-play download somewheres. System is an old Hydra 2, goal is to get a forestay load cell integrated into the system, but the FFD is toast (only button that works is the backlight control), can easily get access through the serial bus.

Anyone have any ideas, or should I start singing to the electronics fairies?

HW

Older Fastnet systems support load cells through use of a Load Cell Amplifier product that sits directly on the Fastnet bus. The Hydra 2 doesn't really know anything about the connected Amplifier or the Load Cells. The FFDs know how to pick off the data for display.

You can find some Load Cell Amplifiers around for sale if you do a Google search for "B&G Loadcell"

Not sure why you mention your FFD is toast - you describe it in the singular, is it the only FFD in the system? Are there 2020s, too? Regardless, without some FFD you will not be able to see your load cell data - not even on your 2020s as you need the FFD to tell the 2020s what to display.

There is no 3rd party software of which I'm aware for interfacing to older Fastnet system. Those systems are closed and proprietary. The NMEA FFD was the gateway between Fastnet and NMEA0183, but it didn't export load cell data. You can find Fastnet FFDs online - both refurbished B&G devices and brand new, non-B&G devices from A+T.

If it is an older type of FFD without backlight on the buttons, it can probably be fixed. Loosen the bezel and there you see some flexible rubber membranes (239-30-006). Those membranes can be pulled out ( which will most likely destroy them even more). Behind it (the membrane) is a thin spring plate (217-20-009) that is the actual button switch. ( I have a few left in the spare drawer, but I suggest you try to find the locally if possible.)

LeCanard

We've got one FFD and two MFD, five 2020s on the mast. Apparently the load cell talked to the B&G at some point, just looking to test the cell really, to make sure it works and integrate before we upgrade systems.

I remember seeing programs (on the newer systems) that connect and can duplicate any aspect of the B&G (FFD, etc.), but unknown about the new ones.

HW

Older Fastnet systems support load cells through use of a Load Cell Amplifier product that sits directly on the Fastnet bus. The Hydra 2 doesn't really know anything about the connected Amplifier or the Load Cells. The FFDs know how to pick off the data for display.

You can find some Load Cell Amplifiers around for sale if you do a Google search for "B&G Loadcell"

Not sure why you mention your FFD is toast - you describe it in the singular, is it the only FFD in the system? Are there 2020s, too? Regardless, without some FFD you will not be able to see your load cell data - not even on your 2020s as you need the FFD to tell the 2020s what to display.

There is no 3rd party software of which I'm aware for interfacing to older Fastnet system. Those systems are closed and proprietary. The NMEA FFD was the gateway between Fastnet and NMEA0183, but it didn't export load cell data. You can find Fastnet FFDs online - both refurbished B&G devices and brand new, non-B&G devices from A+T.

B&G actually had a dedicated FFD for loadcells. It was called the Navtec FFD ( 330-00-040 ) and made to handle signals from a Navtec Model 91 signal interface.Other Loadcell interfaces should be connected to one of the analogue inputs in the B&G Main Processor. I very much doubt it is possible to connect a loadcell directly to B&G without any kind of amplifier/interface.

LeCanard

Using the linear sensor input in the Main Processor is all about calibration and scaling. The loadcell interface should provide a linear output of 0 - 6.5 VDC.

LeCanard

Hi folks, does anone have a dongle for Deckman Software by B&G. I have a WTP2 processor with a Racevision2 tablet and Deckman SW on it, but would lke to add a laptop that needs Deckman to connect to the WTP2. B&g does not sell Deckman any more, I can download it from the B&G website but would need the Dogle to mak it work. Anybody can help?

On 10/28/2016 at 7:58 AM, Haligonian Winterr said:

Quick google search turned up only user manuals/install guides, hoping someone here would have an open source option, or a pay-to-play download somewheres. System is an old Hydra 2, goal is to get a forestay load cell integrated into the system, but the FFD is toast (only button that works is the backlight control), can easily get access through the serial bus.

Anyone have any ideas, or should I start singing to the electronics fairies?

HW

I repair FFDs