• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Dawg

Hardest series to win in SoCal

Fracking SD Hot Rum.

"A good start to what has to be one of the hardest series to win in SoCal."

Really, do you mean that boats come from all over So Cal, Pt Conception to SD, to enter this series to win it ??????
SD sailing is an aberration of a bay surrounded by a Megalopolis. Much like the SF bay and many others areas. Stop yanking your cock.

Jesus, scot is lost in his own swill.

Give it up mate. The last thread you started burnt you so much you deleted it

Bitter and twisted's no way to live

Fracking SD Hot Rum.

"A good start to what has to be one of the hardest series to win in SoCal."

Really, do you mean that boats come from all over So Cal, Pt Conception to SD, to enter this series to win it ??????

SD sailing is an aberration of a bay surrounded by a Megalopolis. Much like the SF bay and many others areas. Stop yanking your cock.

Jesus, scot is lost in his own swill.

Yeah, Scott puts out an over-inflated view of his own performance in a weekend race. Shocker. But you put it out there, what SoCal series is harder to win?

It's a fun race, but....

1. It's PHRF, with ratings from -100 to over 200.

A Rozinante and R/P 63 in the same race? Friends don't let friends.....

2. It's a time of year with variable wind, often none. (I think we saw a peak of 8 knots)

Especially fun since the wind doesn't turn on until half the fleet has started and gotten exactly nowhere.

3. It's a parade, where you get to find out if your boat can sail to it's rating.

Frankly, imho it ranks one step above the beer cans in terms of seriousness.

The closest comparison is the 3 bridge fiasco in SF, except that's 3 times bigger, and at least double the length.

The real news is that there are starting to be some more M32's here in town. Let's see how the Ed does in one design.

The closest comparison is the 3 bridge fiasco in SF, except that's 3 times bigger, and at least double the length.

3 bridges is also at least double the fun.

Rozinante though. My favorite design of all time. And that one has been impeccably maintained.

Anyone know the goss on the Hobie Magic 25?

Ed missed the real story again. A M32 finishing in the top 10% in a light air event isn't news.

A J-105 winning overall in light air is the news! Congratulations Sanity.

Personally I think it is the sabot Senior events are the hardest to win. First you have to be a Senior Citizen and second you have to be able to get under the boom!

It's a fun race, but....

2. It's a time of year with variable wind, often none. (I think we saw a peak of 8 knots)

Especially fun since the wind doesn't turn on until half the fleet has started and gotten exactly nowhere.

3. It's a parade, where you get to find out if your boat can sail to it's rating.

The real news is that there are starting to be some more M32's here in town. Let's see how the Ed does in one design.

This

It's one of the funnest kooky winter series, and hard to win due to all of the kooky wold card factors, but that dent mean it's the most competitive. Any weekend Etchells regatta in SD would probably take that prize.

It's a fun race, but....

This

It's one of the funnest kooky winter series, and hard to win due to all of the kooky wold card factors, but that dent mean it's the most competitive. Any weekend Etchells regatta in SD would probably take that prize.

Used M32s are such a great value if you want fun, relatively low maintenance and sail where the wind is rarely over 24 knots...

It's a fun race, but....

This

Used M32s are such a great value if you want fun, relatively low maintenance and sail where the wind is rarely over 24 knots...

They are definitely fun boats.

To you haters, my point was, scot called it the hardest to win in So Cal.
So how many come from out of the area to win the SD Hot Rum?????????????????? it's kinda quite......

When has Scot headed to LBRC or any other regional So Cal event?
Do you think he will try to organize an M32 class at the SFBB?

I did not think so.

Light air SD and Local Knowledge are just that, Local BS.

3 bridges is also at least double the fun.

Rozinante though. My favorite design of all time. And that one has been impeccably maintained.

Anyone know the goss on the Hobie Magic 25?

How about the Wed Night Worlds? 22 races, 80 boats, 20'-52', conditions, everything from drifters to blowing puppies off chains. Small puppies...

So how many come from out of the area to win the SD Hot Rum?????????????????? it's kinda quite......

I did not think so.

Nice job ducking the question. What SoCal series is harder to win? I am not saying Hot Rum is the hardest. But you said it wasn't. So, what is?

I did not think so.

Nice job ducking the question. What SoCal series is harder to win? I am not saying Hot Rum is the hardest. But you said it wasn't. So, what is?

I give up.

SA has changed so much I'm not sure I fit in any more.

How could Scot not win?

Hot boat, great rating, good sails, good crew!

He Deserves it!

39164252.jpg?t=1465906020

Sorta like getting beat by a 30 yearar old boat with a worn out main?

One must do all 3 races to experience The Hot Rumz

The last 2 years have been Just Fucking Nice X3

before that Wholey Fuck = Sum of Everythingw

Where else do you get to see a Local World Class Sailor stick a Farr 40 in the Mud on the way in (No not DC)

Long after many boats have been put to rest on the hard for the winter People in DAGO are racing in Warm SunshineT

The Hot Rums bring out sum Old Skool Racers who are Great to see again

Lot me ask one question "What the Fuck did anyone do that was More Fun this past Sat" ???

No filling out and mailing your ballot wasn't better

I Don't Have-To shoot the Hot Rum's so Feel Free to tell me whats going on That's Better ??

Where else do you get to see a Local World Class Sailor stick a Farr 40 in the Mud on the way in (No not DC)

Long after many boats have been put to rest on the hard for the winter People in DAGO are racing in Warm SunshineT

Lot me ask one question "What the Fuck did anyone do that was More Fun this past Sat" ???

I Don't Have-To shoot the Hot Rum's so Feel Free to tell me whats going on That's Better ??

I just arrived in San Diego last week and was fortunate enough to crew on one of the top ten racers in the regatta. The crew worked very hard to nail the start, do near perfect transitions, keeping the boat moving in the light airs of SoCal. The amount of work required when we were heading up into the bay was impressive. Our trimmer and tactician were outstanding.

I just arrived in San Diego last week and was fortunate enough to crew on one of the top ten racers in the regatta. The crew worked very hard to nail the start, do near perfect transitions, keeping the boat moving in the light airs of SoCal. The amount of work required when we were heading up into the bay was impressive. Our trimmer and tactician were outstanding.

cool story ?