Sign in to follow this  

The GOP - Let's Burn this bitch down!

Looks like we have the proper fuel now. Who's got a match?

Trump just did that. Time to rebuild, and dare I say it? "Make America WHITE Great Again".

FIFY

Trump just did that. Time to rebuild, and dare I say it? "Make America WHITE Great Again".

FIFY

We were talking about the GOP, dumbfuck.

Are you not paying attention? And FYI, your race card was just revoked.

The GOP has been and will continue to be the party for the elite. One guy at the top of the ticket isn't going to change that. At least the GOP has always been open and honest about who they represent. The democRATS lost because they tried to hide the fact that they were bought off by roughly the same people. The GOP won't be burning anything down. It will be the same orgy of unpaid-for tax cuts for the Best Americans, combined with some tremendous spending projects.

• Like 2

Pence is a typical religious Republican. Wait a year for the gilding to wear off, a few scandals, wages to reverse their recent gains, unemployment to stop falling, and most importantly, any failure of President Trump to tow the party line. He will be invited to take a few months off, to avoid impeachment. They were all geared up to impeach Clinton irregardless of reason, but can switch gears without hesitancy. They are politicians,

The GOP has been and will continue to be the party for the elite. One guy at the top of the ticket isn't going to change that. At least the GOP has always been open and honest about who they represent. The democRATS lost because they tried to hide the fact that they were bought off by roughly the same people. The GOP won't be burning anything down. It will be the same orgy of unpaid-for tax cuts for the Best Americans, combined with some tremendous spending projects.

Then why do celebrities, MSM, the educated vote Dem?

The N in NGS stands for Naive the G for Gullible. still working on the S.

Sycophant?

Sycophant?

The B in Bus Driver is for Born Loser. Enjoying your meltdown.

And all link arms and join in a rousing chorus of "American Pie"

Seems near history is a distant memory for some. The rest of the world is bemused....

Most educated people aren't 1 percenters and most celebrities weren't born rich and given a million dollars to set up a lemonaid stand.

I'll leave the mind reading to others.

And all link arms and join in a rousing chorus of "American Pie"

With all due respect BrigettfromPusstralia, we don't care what you think.

Seriously? Hillary palmed her daughter off on a Goldman Sachs hedge fund manager who was recommending investing in Greece.

So much for binding the wounds of divisiveness! Those rednecks/idiots posting here demonstrate this is not very likely to happen!

Ha! The SV Asshole is having a goddamn meltdown! Boo-fucking-hoo...

There are a lot of folks that disagree with you on this:

http://www.salon.com/2016/08/13/trading-places-if-the-democrats-are-now-a-coastal-elite-party-and-the-gop-are-the-populists-trump-is-only-the-beginning/

http://inthesetimes.com/features/listen-liberal-thomas-frank-democratic-party-elites-inequality.html

http://thedemocraticview.com/index.php/2016/09/26/has-the-party-of-the-people-become-the-party-of-the-elite/

Just today, NPR was opining that a large part of the reason that Trump gained so much traction with the blue collar working class is that the Dem party pays lip service to them and is instead even more elitist than the GOP.

Sycophant?

The B in Bus Driver is for Born Loser. Enjoying your meltdown.

I'm curious about what I've typed that would lead you to the (erroneous) conclusion I am suffering a meltdown.

Surely you can provide examples.

The GOP has been and will continue to be the party for the elite. One Billionaire at the top of the ticket isn't going to change that. At least the GOP has always been open and honest about who they represent. The democRATS lost because they tried to hide the fact that they were bought off by roughly the same people. The GOP won't be burning anything down. It will be the same orgy of unpaid-for tax cuts for the Best Americans, combined with some tremendous spending projects.

FIFY

Just today, NPR was opining that a large part of the reason that Trump gained so much traction with the blue collar working class is that the Dem party pays lip service to them and is instead even more elitist than the GOP.

What's your definition of elite? The dems are the party of the educated urban/suburban professional class. Upper middle class values - they may be worth millions but they still pick up the kid from school, ie the coast tech worker class.

the GOP stil has rich upper crust power brokers and plenty of them, but it's also the party of the rural areas, exurbs and the rust belt. those areas are poor and poorly educated usually.

that's broad generalities with lots of crossover. I'd be surprised if the Midwest stays blue much longer though.

What's your definition of elite? The dems are the party of the educated urban/suburban professional class. Upper middle class values - they may be worth millions but they still pick up the kid from school, ie the coast tech worker class.

the GOP stil has rich upper crust power brokers and plenty of them, but it's also the party of the rural areas, exurbs and the rust belt. those areas are poor and poorly educated usually.

that's broad generalities with lots of crossover. I'd be surprised if the Midwest stays blue much longer though.

I gotta agree.

I have a few friends with whom I stay in close contact who are staunch Republicans. With the exception of one, they are toward the lower end of the socioeconomic spectrum and are angry. Lifelong dues-paying union members who saw their livelihood disappear, they switched from Dem to Repub. To a person, they are convinced the GOP will enrich them. I mean enrich. They talk of handouts to "lazy" and "shiftless" takers. Implicit in their comments are that these people are melanin-enhanced. They truly believe if we abolish social safety nets, the amount they pay in taxes for these programs would remain in their pockets and they would suddenly move up a few rungs of the economic ladder.

When shown the actual amount of their money going to those programs, they remain steadfast in their denial. Also, they refuse to see the idea that blacks are doing all the taking as being erroneous. THAT is a masterful job at controlling the beliefs of folks who want to be told who is responsible for why they aren't rich.

Ayup. I've heard people on federal financial aid for school, complain about school loans. People on medicaid complain about Obamacare. Social Security recipients bitching about government handouts. All of them Republicans. Which is fine, but you can't balance paying for those services, lowering taxes, and lowering the debt. It doesn't work, so something will have to give.

As for burning the GOP down - the Conservatives are in the wilderness right now. It's Trumpist/Populist wing that's in ascendancy. Not sure that's a change worth cheering.

Ayup. I've heard people on federal financial aid for school, complain about school loans. People on medicaid complain about Obamacare. Social Security recipients bitching about government handouts. All of them Republicans. Which is fine, but you can't balance paying for those services, lowering taxes, and lowering the debt. It doesn't work, so something will have to give.

As for burning the GOP down - the Conservatives are in the wilderness right now. It's Trumpist/Populist wing that's in ascendancy. Not sure that's a change worth cheering.

Don't forget, Trump is gonna triple the size of the military.

There are lots of jobs in building weapons and uniforms.

However, the military spending does nothing for our balance of trade ...,

Unless we sell arms to others so they can better resist us

There are lots of jobs in building weapons and uniforms.

However, the military spending does nothing for our balance of trade ...,

Unless we sell arms to others so they can better resist us

Chances are, Trump will outsource the uniform manufacturing to China. He has contacts there.

Sounds likely to me. I can think of few things more unwise than telling a real estate developer that we "can't go bankrupt". Early in his campaign he reflected a bit of pleasant shock at being informed that the dollar is the "world's currency" and thereby we can print whatever we need. He, and I am talking about real estate developers in general here, is likely to miss the caveat of "within limits" which goes on the end of that assumption. Think kid in a candy store with dad's credit card here.

Parenthetically, the unused spaces on the Fiscal Responsibility Express can be filled. Weddings? HS reunions? Herbalife conventions? Don't let it go to waste!

It will depend a lot on Ryan. He and Trump figure to be buttin' heads on Getting America Moving Again.

??? What planet did you say you were from?

There's no reason the moderate social, fiscal conservative, globalist members of the old R party wouldn't be welcomed into the D party. It's not like they have much in common with the populists.

I gotta agree.

I have a few friends with whom I stay in close contact who are staunch Republicans. With the exception of one, they are toward the lower end of the socioeconomic spectrum and are angry. Lifelong dues-paying union members who saw their livelihood disappear, they switched from Dem to Repub. To a person, they are convinced the GOP will enrich them. I mean enrich. They talk of handouts to "lazy" and "shiftless" takers. Implicit in their comments are that these people are melanin-enhanced. They truly believe if we abolish social safety nets, the amount they pay in taxes for these programs would remain in their pockets and they would suddenly move up a few rungs of the economic ladder.

When shown the actual amount of their money going to those programs, they remain steadfast in their denial. Also, they refuse to see the idea that blacks are doing all the taking as being erroneous. THAT is a masterful job at controlling the beliefs of folks who want to be told who is responsible for why they aren't rich.

How is that any different than the message the Dems tell the blacks that it is everyone else's (i.e. the white's) fault that they are poor and living in the hood? The D's have been able to reliably get 95% of the black vote on that message alone.

I won't argue with you, on that point.

If I read the thread title correctly, it seems as if the OP is about the GOP saying "Let's Burn This Bitch Down".

If that is correct, I call "Bullshit". Electing Trump to blow it up means nothing if you send 90%+ of Congress back to DC.

Certainly Democrats sent their own critters back. But, the GOP held both chambers and their voters sure seem content to have their bum in office.

That said, the GOP has the White House, both chambers of Congress, and (soon enough) the Supreme Court. No excuses.

The GOP is best as the opposition party. Never really providing solutions, just throwing shit from the cage. Now that they are in power, the people expect them to govern. Its not their strong suit. And they are now being led by a thin skinned vulgarian with no plans.

The GOP is best as the opposition party. Never really providing solutions, just throwing shit from the cage. Now that they are in power, the people expect them to govern. Its not their strong suit. And they are now being led by a thin skinned vulgarian with no plans.

Founding Fathers are rolling in their graves now....

His first item on this list is * FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;

Good luck with getting Congress to take that up.

By the way, I love the idea.

His first item on this list is * FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;

That poses an interesting question;

How powerful will the Trump "Bully Pulpit" be?

He's certainly got the bully part down. Will the grunts in congress be able to defy him without suffering the wrath of their constituents?

That poses an interesting question;

How powerful will the Trump "Bully Pulpit" be?

He's certainly got the bully part down. Will the grunts in congress be able to defy him without suffering the wrath of their constituents?

Ryan has a backbone, but Trump will have about 100 days to ram, cram and slam shit through.

I gotta agree.

How is that any different than the message the Dems tell the blacks that it is everyone else's (i.e. the white's) fault that they are poor and living in the hood? The D's have been able to reliably get 95% of the black vote on that message alone.

The Ds got the Black vote from the equal rights amendment. They've kept the black vote because the Republicans truck out stupid racist bullshit - like the Confederate flag - that makes the Rs toxic to many in that voting block; they don't spend much time on message these days. though I guess the BLM stuff and having police not kill people really twists the law n' order crowds pantys.

The anger in the rustbelt you are praising is pretty much the same, and the culture's the same. lazy, entitled, think the government owes them something it doesn't/they want government to fix something. Same sense of desperation in the rust belt you get in the inner city, same problems - teen pregnancy, drug addiction, same losers, just different skin colors. Trump selling them bullshit fantasy's that'll all get their lazy overpaid union like jobs back is crap.

I find McConnell's reaction to this fucking hilarious.

There's no reason the moderate social, fiscal conservative, globalist members of the old R party wouldn't be welcomed into the D party. It's not like they have much in common with the populists.

The sign by the big tent will read:

WELCOME BITTER CLINGERS! LEAVE YOUR GUNS AND BIBLES OUTSIDE!

On 11/10/2016 at 5:49 AM, Shootist Jeff said:

... Now that he's won, I sorta think he's going to fall flat on his face and the GOP will have to reckon with that. But lets say he doesn't fall flat..... The GOP establishment is going to have to deal with him. The GOP establishment and the Tea Party insurgents both have been abject failures. It may be that finally some adults inside in the party think that maybe they'd better change their ways. ...

There was a third possibility that we hadn't even counted upon ... that Cheeto would fall flat on his face, sell out his country, and that the GOP Establishment and Tea Party, both elected and base, would both back him tooth and nail.

On 11/9/2016 at 6:40 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

Well, whaddaya know....

I think it's been a whole lot longer than 3 years.

@Olsonist, I'm glad you dug this thread up so it backs up what I said to Kent yesterday about my Burning this Bitch Down was about the GOP and not 'Murica writ large.

Thanks.

59 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

@Olsonist, I'm glad you dug this thread up so it backs up what I said to Kent yesterday about my Burning this Bitch Down was about the GOP and not 'Murica writ large.

Thanks.

Kent, what Jeff is writing about is DEFINITELY about the GOP and it is unquestionably NOT about 'Murica writ large.

thank you, but why do you need to shout it?  Everyone but you seems to not have a problem with it.  

Any interest in retracting your accusation of being a "backpeddling liar"?

6 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Everyone but you seems to not have a problem with it.  

Many of the rest of us have given up on you and your dumb backpeddling lying bullshit and just make fun of you

The meta-irony here is you - and people like you - are the problem in the US political environment. You were wrong, you won't admit it, like your boy Shitstain you just bullshit your way out of failure. You've staked out answers and you've stopped caring if they work, or not, because damnit you want that to be the answer.

1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Many of the rest of us have given up on you and your dumb backpeddling lying bullshit and just make fun of you

The meta-irony here is you - and people like you - are the problem in the US political environment. You were wrong, you won't admit it, like your boy Shitstain you just bullshit your way out of failure. You've staked out answers and you've stopped caring if they work, or not, because damnit you want that to be the answer.

God that's rich.... 

On 11/9/2016 at 4:40 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

Be Best then! :)

11 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

There's even a book out now:

image.png.f3dbe42dafa7fa1ba137ce70bdb6a443.png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1658728637

BTW, when was the Republican Party ever conservative?

There is real issue with language in that question. The definitions of "conservative" and "liberal" are vague, at best. For example, I consider myself quite conservative...however I am way out on the left in the Democratic Socialism camp. Better to use much more specific labels. Something to help differentiate between the extremes of what is called for conservatism these days. Something more than just Not Democrat.

On 11/9/2016 at 4:40 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

I agree with all of that.  But I think the current GOP leadership is definitely afraid SS is going to burn them down, especially with this current buffoonery over the CV crisis.  The problem is unhitching their wagons is not as easy as it sounds.  So they will likely get caught in the wildfire spread too.  

And FTR, I never said the GOP is going to willingly burn itself down.  I said they were going to burn through a series of natural events.  Kinda like lighting strikes in a dry CA forest.  Poof!  There's already plenty of little fires going and there's more than enough fuel.  We'll soon see how well Bitch McConnell is at firefighting.....  Just saying.  

On 11/9/2016 at 8:08 PM, Lark said:

Most educated people aren't 1 percenters and most celebrities weren't born rich and given a million dollars to set up a lemonaid stand.

Got a permit? You’ll need a permit...

1 hour ago, El Boracho said:

There is real issue with language in that question. The definitions of "conservative" and "liberal" are vague, at best. For example, I consider myself quite conservative...however I am way out on the left in the Democratic Socialism camp. Better to use much more specific labels. Something to help differentiate between the extremes of what is called for conservatism these days. Something more than just Not Democrat.

How about The Democratic Party and The Fascist Party?

3 hours ago, Female Canine Firestorm said:

I agree with all of that.  But I think the current GOP leadership is definitely afraid SS is going to burn them down, especially with this current buffoonery over the CV crisis.  The problem is unhitching their wagons is not as easy as it sounds.  So they will likely get caught in the wildfire spread too.  

And FTR, I never said the GOP is going to willingly burn itself down.  I said they were going to burn through a series of natural events.  Kinda like lighting strikes in a dry CA forest.  Poof!  There's already plenty of little fires going and there's more than enough fuel.  We'll soon see how well Bitch McConnell is at firefighting.....  Just saying.  

I'll be 100% behind them nixing Social Security...as soon as the check clears for all of the money I've paid into it over the years, with interest. Before that day, Lindseed Graham and all the other bullshitters talking like that are no  better than common thieves. These assholes are one trick ponies. Give billionaires a tax break and steal from the poor. Every. Fucking. Time. 

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Except that in some circles the word “Democrat” conjures up all kinds of erroneous connotations.  Remember those two MAGA idiots with the shirts that said some about preferring to be Russiannthsn vote for a Democrat.

How about Fascists and non-Fascists?

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I'll be 100% behind them nixing Social Security...as soon as the check clears for all of the money I've paid into it over the years, with interest. Before that day, Lindseed Graham and all the other bullshitters talking like that are no  better than common thieves. These assholes are one trick ponies. Give billionaires a tax break and steal from the poor. Every. Fucking. Time. 

Better if you think of SS as a tax, not a savings plan. That way you can prevent, or delay, a blood vessel popping in your head. The SS Administration is betting you will expire quickly. Annoy them with a long life.

I'm kinda liking my $2000 a month. The money that got sucked up over the years is just so much water under the bridge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I doubt that gang can live up to the idea of Fascism any better than they can Conservatism. Right now Party of Trump, Trumpism, Trumpist seems to fit best. Sure a bunch of semi-sentient R's mouth objections to Trumpism, but don't actually do squat about it.

3 hours ago, El Boracho said:
4 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Better if you think of SS as a tax, not a savings plan. That way you can prevent, or delay, a blood vessel popping in your head. The SS Administration is betting you will expire quickly. Annoy them with a long life.

I'm kinda liking my $2000 a month. The money that got sucked up over the years is just so much water under the bridge.

It's an insurance program, not a retirement plan.

Defining Social Security as a middle-class-and-up retirement program, which is mathematically impossible for it, and opening it up to hand out money to lots and lots and lots of people who never paid in, was a diabolically clever plan to convince Americans to let Trumpublicans kill it.

- DSK

4 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That's their entire MO!  I start collecting SSI in 18 months,  and if they take that away, there will be lots of problems...I have lots of ammo for all 6 long guns, and a State of CT permit for the 20 round magazine for the Mini 14 that uses NATO rounds in Semi-Auto mode.....  I am not threatening anyone. Just stating that I will protect my family, when the shit hits the fan.  And I am am an unaffiliated voter, but former Republican for most of my life, but now, leaning forward towards the progressive agenda... 

image.png.34d9cdfbfc0413e918d5e48c52f2bb1e.png

https://news.gallup.com/poll/320303/trump-stuck-42-job-approval.aspx

The unstated premise of Burn This Bitch Down was that "conservatives' would in some way get smarter, reborn again as more fiscally conservative, small governmenty, blah blah blah. They haven't and can't. The GOP has instead become a personality cult, surrounding and defending their boy Shitstain. This is a sad summa, but it is what it is.

The BBD crowd is almost as stupid and ignorant as . . 

those who voted for the Drumph just to see what would happen. 

14 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

The BBD crowd is almost as stupid and ignorant as . . 

those who voted for the Drumph just to see what would happen. 

Accuse your opponent of what you are doing, to create confusion and to inculcate voters against evidence of your own guilt"

On 4/28/2020 at 4:34 PM, billy backstay said:

That's their entire MO!  I start collecting SSI in 18 months,  and if they take that away, there will be lots of problems...I have lots of ammo for all 6 long guns, and a State of CT permit for the 20 round magazine for the Mini 14 that uses NATO rounds in Semi-Auto mode.....  I am not threatening anyone. Just stating that I will protect my family, when the shit hits the fan.  And I am am an unaffiliated voter, but former Republican for most of my life, but now, leaning forward towards the progressive agenda... 

I'm a bit confused here BBS...... are you saying that you're going to load up yer gunz and go to DC if they take away your SSI?  Also, who do you think you will be protecting your family FROM, if SHTF?

5 hours ago, Burning Man said:

, who do you think you will be protecting your family FROM, if SHTF?

Easy question to answer - from the thieving oligarchy of the Reich. 

@billy backstay you have every right in the world to your SSI. 

USAeans should have had the pitchforks out a long time ago. 

And for @Burning Man   you were the one who wanted to burn it all down - 

maybe BBS should come after you. 

look to the west. The west is the best (at burning things down).

24 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Easy question to answer - from the thieving oligarchy of the Reich. 

@billy backstay you have every right in the world to your SSI. 

USAeans should have had the pitchforks out a long time ago. 

And for @Burning Man   you were the one who wanted to burn it all down - 

maybe BBS should come after you. 

The Big Boat Series does not want Karen Man. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Burning Man said:

I'm a bit confused here BBS...... are you saying that you're going to load up yer gunz and go to DC if they take away your SSI?  Also, who do you think you will be protecting your family FROM, if SHTF?

If asshole rapist and crook Trump gets beaten by Biden, which I sincerely hope and expect, I may have to protect my family from the radical maniacs who support the crazy jerk. and may start rioting.

Aren't you so proud that you wanted to burn the bitch down, Jeffro??

6 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

If asshole rapist and crook Trump gets beaten by Biden, which I sincerely hope and expect, I may have to protect my family from the radical maniacs who support the crazy jerk. and may start rioting.

Ah, Ok.  That's more clear now.  Thank you.

Aren't you so proud that you wanted to burn the bitch down, Jeffro??

Yes, I am proud of the fact that I called this on election night 4 years ago that the GOP needed to be burnt down because they were stupid enough to have not only elected trump, but threw their full weight of support behind him.  Any party that is stupid enough to have hitched their wagon to this POS grifter needs to burn.  We can never move forward, IMHO, until the GOP as we know it today ceases to exist.  Until it's completely and utterly gone, there will not be any chance of replacing it with something better.  So yes, I'm very proud of that prescience I had from almost exactly 4 years (minus 49 days) ago.