• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Teaky

World Sailing General Assembly

22 posts in this topic

Just watched the video. Can anyone confirm that this is the same organisation that primarily exists to organize events? As in, it's event organizing that they do?

Just watched the video. Can anyone confirm that this is the same organisation that primarily exists to organize events? As in, it's event organizing that they do?

Actually, they think they now exist to organize events.

They really exist only to serve as infrastructure support for the sport. A couple of people are trying to run events to make a buck and have hijacked the organization for power and profit..

Well that event, with all the event organizers there, was a shambles.

don't worry, freesailing will be along to hand out tin foil hats shortly

Well that event, with all the event organizers there, was a shambles.

That's the brilliance of CEO Andy Hunt on display.

So ham-fisted. They all just wanted to go to lunch.

Looked like a bunch of old white guys and some white women.

But they do support emerging countries.

A3O5d.jpg

So ham-fisted. They all just wanted to go to lunch.

They didn't allow any Australians. Something to do with being accused of running kangaroo courts.

b9a73dcc-b13f-42c2-a1b6-cd35cd48db9d.png

Maybe if you incentivized it with a way to win something from your desk?

Maybe if you incentivized it with a way to win something from your desk?

Maybe a set of Gazprom steak knives or a Gazprom Nutri-Bullet.

Well now we all know where the wasted money goes......

Supporting this waste of time.

How long does it take to vote on new leadership

Not very impressive proceedings. All the same I’m surprised now one has been commenting on the new president.

Not very impressive proceedings. All the same I’m surprised now one has been commenting on the new president.

I'll comment, "It won't matter".

The problems with sailing run so deep. Kids get in to it for fun and coaches quickly turn it into a race for gold.

Kids drop out and find something where they can have inexpensive fun with friends, Parents are happy.

I'll comment, "It won't matter".

The problems with sailing run so deep. Kids get in to it for fun and coaches quickly turn it into a race for gold.

Kids drop out and find something where they can have inexpensive fun with friends, Parents are happy.

World Sailing is unfortunately beyond repair. Hundreds of committees and working groups all over the place and none of them appointed by the people that matter... us!

Zero consultation and a complete disrespect for the sailing community.

The Gazprom money has allowed the head of the snake, W. Scott Perry, to survive and the position of President has had all powers removed thanks to the pro-active work this year from Jon Napier and Andy Hunt.

The future is the new people in kite surfing (oops!... I mean kite sailing) getting more power to challenge the corrupt old cunts. When a 60 year old candidate for President is called the young guy we have a problem.

I'd have to agree the whole Olympic bullshit has destroyed the sport as a fun thing for kids to do. Kids are destroyed every day in this sport. The only guy that understood this was Sowrey.

The problem is we don't know what his strategy is. All we hear about is Olympics and getting feedback from MNAs about the Olympics. I think we all would like to see change and consultation with the real sailing community, not just the small minority that compete at the Olympics.

The real issue that he was elected on is the lack of respect and consultation with the people they are supposed to represent and support.