Sign in to follow this  
douglas

the grand tour premieres this week

amro, how you planning to get this? torrent? Amazon Prime in Canada is only good for free shipping on selected items and membership on twitch, whatever that is...

this much anticipated show will be available just about everywhere within hours of release. torrents for sure. i'll be streaming it off kodi with addons.

i heard a rumour that one of the canadian streaming services had picked it up. if it was shomi that's gone down the drain.

this much anticipated show will be available just about everywhere within hours of release. torrents for sure. i'll be streaming it off kodi with addons.

i heard a rumour that one of the canadian streaming services had picked it up. if it was shomi that's gone down the drain.

This.

https://www.thestar.com/business/2016/11/17/amazon-prime-video-rumoured-to-come-to-canada.html

Theyre baaaack

Finally we got to see la ferrari vs Mclaren P1 vs porshe 918

Preety good opener. Looking forward to Joburg next week

This.

https://www.thestar.com/business/2016/11/17/amazon-prime-video-rumoured-to-come-to-canada.html

Thanks for posting this... good to know that my Amazon Prime sub is going to be good for something more than free shipping. I guess I'll keep it now.

Theyre baaaack

Finally we got to see la ferrari vs Mclaren P1 vs porshe 918

Preety good opener. Looking forward to Joburg next week

And thank you, vib, for posting this and twigging me on to the idea its already Friday 18 somewhere and there must be a torrent out there by now. Found one and its almost done. :)

figured they were going to open with a cannon, not a whimper.

I am on perpetual nites so I will be watching when I get home at 3 am.

the prime video service is going to be rolled out to 200 countries in December according to herr Clarkson. I don't plan to wait that long.

the reddit posts said it was going to be available "somewhere" at 12:01. can only assume that would be the uk.

I thought it was very entertaining but I was disappointed that it is really just amazon's version of top gear. I wish they had made a break from the tg formula and tried something different.

the celebrity thing was the only stupid part imo. I hope we saw the "death" of it with this first episode. I'm also sad they caved to ferrari. if you are going to run a car around the track, you better post the times.

in midwest, was on Amazon Prime last night at some point. Enjoyed the show. I like "the American" It'll be funnier and he appears to drive well enough.

Yup you should

I watched it Last night after 7 pm eastern (00:0118th UTC)

Watched it this am.

Fucking great.

I went back and watched the intro again. I can't quite figure out how the spent $3.2m on it. maybe gas for that tractor pulling dune buggy thing?

madmaxbuggy.png

So as an Amazon Prime customer, I get this correct?

Streaming service. Roku works great <_<

or if you have a smart tv you can either get or have it installed.

I use roku. I bought one 4 years ago and 2 years ago Killed cable. Haven't looked back. I have Netflix constantly but sign up for along tv for certain sporting events. (Super Bowl, march madness, playoff games etc). And then cancel after that month is over. I save nearly $1200 annually by doing it that way versus cable.

I think amazon's delayed rollout to other countries will backfire. anyone that can't wait to see it will just download it (it is already available). I don't see why they need to hold it back for the rest of the world.

Episode 1 was a pretty good show. The head to head among the P1, 918, and LaFerrari was interesting. The launch mode on that P1 does not look very user friendly. I would love to give it a try though!

So as an Amazon Prime customer, I get this correct?

Streaming service. Roku works great <_<

I've got a firestick with KODI & add-ons, should be able to find it on there, I reckon.

I thought it was very entertaining but I was disappointed that it is really just amazon's version of top gear. I wish they had made a break from the tg formula and tried something different.

That was never going to happen. Amazon bought as much of TopGear as they could get away with.

the celebrity thing was the only stupid part imo. I hope we saw the "death" of it with this first episode. I'm also sad they caved to ferrari. if you are going to run a car around the track, you better post the times.

Ferrari have been wankers for ages. https://jalopnik.com/5760248/how-ferrari-spins Writing that got Chris Harris banned from testing Ferraris for a few years.

Writing that got Chris Harris banned from testing Ferraris for a few years.

He was also a bit of a wanker on the new version of the english car show that shall not be named in this thread.

Also The American I don't think is going to be a permanent fixture. I believe we have the artist formerly known as the Stig coming soon. But there's all kinds of conflicting information on the web about Not-Stig Ben Collins etc.

Watching episode 1 now, and thoroughly enjoying it, but I have to believe that it is pro drivers, not Clarkson, Hammond and May drifting those million dollar Hypercars around that track, right??

Watching episode 1 now, and thoroughly enjoying it, but I have to believe that it is pro drivers, not Clarkson, Hammond and May drifting those million dollar Hypercars around that track, right??

No edit button to add to my last post???

The cars were great, and the filming and presentation, but the overt extra campyness of the presenters, and their 3 dead celebrities was very lame, very.....

awesomely completely legen... wait for it.. darily EPIC!

the boys are back on tv. world is spinning properly on axis again. i feel warm and fuzzy inside and out.

but mike skinner. really? they couldn't have found a better washed up nascar driver? jeff gordon for the stogg!

I think they picked Mike Skinner on purpose, more camp....

Great to have them back, in spite of stoopid BS. But, I preferred Stephen Colbert, before he went MSM!!!

likey very much...

all three cars are sick looking (in the good sick way)

Great show but agree the celebrity die-off was pretty lame. Lets hope it was just a poke at the BBC lawyers and they're done with it.

Just watched it. Happy they are back. New track, new tent, dead celebs, they posted times for all three cars and the porsche was fastest on the same tires as the others. The 15 yo called it. All wheel drive with 900bhp beat the prodigious power to weight ratio of the Ferrari ferrari. The mclaren looked vicious though. They all three hauled ass. The fucking around with the launch control was entertaining.

which one of you shot the drone down ? ;-)

Great show but agree the celebrity die-off was pretty lame. Lets hope it was just a poke at the BBC lawyers and they're done with it.

Several pokes at the BBC throughout. Skinner is hopefully a one shot player. A bit too sophomoric, but it is those 3.

Still a pleasant way to spend 45 minutes. Awesome cars were the focus. All's right with the world.

Several pokes at the BBC throughout. Skinner is hopefully a one shot player. A bit too sophomoric, but it is those 3.

Still a pleasant way to spend 45 minutes. Awesome cars were the focus. All's right with the world.

45 mins only? The show I saw is 70 mins long. I wonder if they're editing it down for the US? Wouldn't seem to be any reason why as there's no need to fit it into an hour slot padded with commercials.

I wasn't paying close attention, but it seemed to be more than an hour here also?

+3

The world is right again.

I like that new race track, except that corner before you get to the bomb corner. I am really looking forward to celeb's trying that!!

I think they may have picked the ornery race driver because he is a Stig in the formal use of the word.

I still love the show format, right down to similar video cues.

The traveling tent is a great idea. The first guest coming through the canvas roof would have been entertaining. :D

Here is a feed. Watch The Grand Tour Season 1 Episode 1: Episode #1.1 Online Free Putlocker | Putlocker - Watch Movies Online Free

Captain Slow sent a Veyron over 200 miles an hour, you really think any of the 3 need professional drivers to send it like that?

I went back and watched the intro again. I can't quite figure out how the spent $3.2m on it. maybe gas for that tractor pulling dune buggy thing?

madmaxbuggy.png

This thing has been at the SEMA Show for the last couple of years, monster.

go to tvaddons.ag and get their kodi install package. comes with all the best addons already installed.

well worth it.

45 mins only? The show I saw is 70 mins long. I wonder if they're editing it down for the US? Wouldn't seem to be any reason why as there's no need to fit it into an hour slot padded with commercials.

My mistake. Thought run time on Prime was 48 min. Just checked and it's 1+11so 71 minutes.

D'UH.

Just watched it.

Meh.

Maybe after a few episodes their egos will have settled and the format will also settle.

Same here. They spent far too much time celebrating their triumphant return.

The Porsche/McLaren/Ferrari thing was great if you turned off the sound. Fantastic cinematography.

The M2 on the ebola track was the only part that held my attention.

Even though it's sitting dead last, I'm just happy my car's sitting in the top ten on their leaderboard (at least for a week).

Very meh this week. TG was better when forget about doing things like arsing around like schoolboys pretending to be soldiers, and focus more on cars. And it looks like (unsurprisingly) the celebrity mind thing is going to attempt to be a running "joke". Ha ha ha. Not.

+1 on the more car stuff

And listening to mike skinner bitching about the vulcan while driving it 2 sec quicker than anything else gets old too.

Very meh this week. TG was better when forget about doing things like arsing around like schoolboys pretending to be soldiers, and focus more on cars. And it looks like (unsurprisingly) the celebrity mind thing is going to attempt to be a running "joke". Ha ha ha. Not.

I laughed out loud several times; the video game spoof was pretty hilarious.

Better show this week. Tent was in the town where I was born.

Did not miss Skinner on the track.

The link to 123MOVIES for the new show is gone, no episodes, just a trailer.

This weeks show I laughed the most yet. Jeremy's meat car, FFS :wacko: Nostril Tampons fell out...

the episodes are back on here on several feeds.http://123movies.is/film/the-grand-tour-season-1-17912/watching.html

James actually wins a car race and another challenge...the Dutch are attacked this time. Dutch swear word means smack your sausage against a mosque[orsomething] why Dutch police need mountain bikes in a flat country...

Clarkson up close and personal with an orma 70 in barbados this week

They're desperate for a producer who has the balls to tell them that half of their ideas are crap, too obviously staged and the whole thing is jumping the shark as we speak. The bit on the Alfa was good (but it would have been nice to see the Jag and Beemer too), but that coral reef thing was just embarrassing. And not in a good way.

Nice to see the MOD 70, though.

thing is all their ideas are owned by top gear. they can't use their ideas any more, and top gear can't do them for shit.

I have to say though they really did a lot of that fucking around with cranes and rigging. They could have easily lost fingers and got knocked in the head etc. Kinda weird really. More money than sense at play maybe.

I finally caved in and got a Prime subscription. I buy enough shit for work through Amazon, that the savings in shipping justifies it. So, I started watching The Grand Tour. So far I'm enjoying it. I think it's a bit funnier than Top Gear actually. Sure, the car reviews aren't quite as good, but the comedy, while not side splitting, does make me chuckle.

They're desperate for a producer who has the balls to tell them that half of their ideas are crap, too obviously staged and the whole thing is jumping the shark as we speak. The bit on the Alfa was good (but it would have been nice to see the Jag and Beemer too), but that coral reef thing was just embarrassing. And not in a good way.

Nice to see the MOD 70, though.

+1

Not enough discipline. If they cut the budget by 2/3 the show would be 3X better.

you are 7 episodes behind. binge watch and catch up because....

jeremy does a thing

richard does a thing

james does a thing

8 hours ago, vibroman said:

Theyre Baack!

Just watched season 2 Ep 1

boys will be boys

:) I have poker game tonight so tomorrow when I’m all hung over I shall watch

Spoiler alert

Good show.

But:  Clarkson is fatter than ever, May looks like shit and cut his hair, and Hammond tried to kill himself.  

On 12/12/2017 at 5:17 PM, Touch of Gray said:

Spoiler alert

Good show.

But:  Clarkson is fatter than ever, May looks like shit and cut his hair, and Hammond tried to kill himself.  

Basically good old fashioned 3 of them.

Tomorrow night they race to Niagra Falls.

That was fun.   Some of those lines are hilarious.

Health spa stuff could have been skipped.

I like their new track.  It will be interesting to see how many people run off into the grass.  Those Jaguars look ridiculous...  The designer for the back window seems to have given up.

What happened to the ebola-drome?  

Old lady complained?  Someone hit the box of electricity?  No one ponied up for "your name here"?  I thought those names were hilarious.  The new track doesn't have the same charisma.  

Ebola drome still there they use it for testing cars. EP2 they have a new driver to replace mike Skinner .... the "Girl". 

New track is used for celebs

30 minutes ago, vibroman said:

Ebola drome still there they use it for testing cars. EP2 they have a new driver to replace mike Skinner .... the "Girl". 

New track is used for celebs

Thanks - just saw S2E2 last night.  

Who is that girl?  She looks like she might be a hottie (are we allowed to say that?).   When do we get to meet her?  "The American" was just annoying, so good riddance to him.    

Season 3 ep 1 just dropped in a cloud of muscle car tire smoke. Not bad Seems like a bit of a return to the good old days. Dumped the celebrity crap more time for cars and tire smoke. Next week will be a columbia special. 13 weeks this time. Thankfully something to fill the gap between the end of College football and the start of the F1 season. 

Video Unavailable
We're experiencing a problem playing this video. For assistance, please go to www.primevideo.com/help.
|Close Player|

Oh, wonderful! Did they not allocate enough bandwidth for the rollout? Anyone else getting this when trying to play the episode?