Sign in to follow this  
MR.CLEAN

what is it?

I'm not going to say anything about it other than that it is a very interesting boat part. What do you think it is? First to answer gets an old Melges Worlds hat or some other shit I've got laying around.

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 12.07.09 PM.png

I was going to say Elvstrom ratchet block, but the fastening is wrong. Was there ever a deck swivel one?

That is the reel for an 'Ankorilina' which is a web strap based anchor rode for easy storage and light weight. Not sure about that spelling.

extrabilder36066_center.jpg

Where did you find one of these?

extrabilder36068_large.jpg

IMG_1668.JPG

Nope.

That is the reel for an 'Ankorilina' which is a web strap based anchor rode for easy storage and light weight. Not sure about that spelling.

extrabilder36066_center.jpg

Where did you find one of these?

extrabilder36068_large.jpg

IMG_1668.JPG

Great answer, but nope.

Corellian YT-1300f light freighter that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.

a water pump scheme.

Some sort of water driven rotating thingie for emergency situations/power generation without immersion of a delicate hydro generator.

A bearing/support for a foil limiting the swing to +- 15 degrees. Used to adjust the attack angle of the foil.

While I don't understand these fancy design drawings, I think some of the lines suggest it would rotate more to one direction and less to the other, which would be in line with foiling behaviour.

Why you'd want it to be angled more than a few degrees is beyond me though. Perhaps it's for a particularly radical foil design or a centreboard foil?

Either the much-requested (but heretofore never seen) CAD drawings for a Brent Swain chain windlass, OR a canting foil bearing.

The only thing close to correct thus far!

I'm off to roll around on a mat with big scary sweaty men. If my shoulder isn't wrecked again when I get home, I'll provide a hint. Shocked that you need it!

An expensive piece of kit.

Hard to tell from a 2D, out of focus, "looks like crap on iPad" drawing of something which we have no idea of overall size, materials etc

Mr Clean is shocked we can't work it out but he has seen the rest of the plans already

Here are my guesses:

• Side view of a take up drum for spin sheets
  • Spinnaker take down line drum
  • Halyard take up system to reduce windage or weight aloft
  • flywheel or some type of wheel for a rotary hydraulic pump
  • Inboom furling or some sort of furling device

Similar in concept to a continuous line furler drum, but it spins a jack screw to control the pitch of a T or J foil.

--Matt

Top down of a furler. Probably for one of those cool new Maxi's like CQS or comanche

A new piece of kit so the BN can squeeze some more money out of the owner. Made of unobtainium, and all it really does is store condoms for fucking his wife and daughter.

A new piece of kit so the BN can squeeze some more money out of the owner. Made of unobtainium, and all it really does is store condoms for fucking his wife and daughter.

The O is halving bothe?

It's a dickfer.

what's a dickfer :wub:

I thought it was a whistling gofer

By the way, why would you want to win a Melges Worlds hat. Damn thing probably has wet core issues

Compact Differential "Magic wheel" for deflector adjustment on a race yacht. As seen in Seahorse recently. From Diverse Yachting Systems as far as I remember.

It's a dickfer.

I'm off to roll around on a mat with big scary sweaty men. If my shoulder isn't wrecked again when I get home, I'll provide a hint. Shocked that you need it!

Are trying to say something Clean?.

It's a dickfer.

Are trying to say something Clean?.

Combing oute tonitte?

If you were to feed a President Elect into this(feet first so you can see the expression on his face) you would make orange sausage meat; it connects to an AmCup grinder

It's obviously a low-load high-speed device, otherwise the two mounting bearings at the bottom would be much, much bigger.

I'll go for a bungie-powered take-up reel for slack in halyards or other lines, to eliminate the spaghetti monster.

It is not a system that has anything to do with sailhandling.

It is a custom-designed part for a very unique sloop launched in the past few years.

It has a pin shown in the drawing that is likely typical of what this thing attaches to and the slots in the part limit the motion to a total arc of 30 degrees. That leads me to believe it is part of something that can be adjusted or moved across this limited amount of motion. The feet are on one side so it makes me think that it mounts with those feet down and thus the thing that turns through the 30 degrees is on a horizontal pivot. Keel, foil? Apparently not. Not a mast because that is not horizontal. I guess it could be a boom so my last guess is a gooseneck.

I'm not going to say anything about it other than that it is a very interesting boat part. What do you think it is? First to answer gets an old Melges Worlds hat or some other shit I've got laying around.

Self cleaning,auto lifting, butt cheek HVAC high tech Japanese toilet seat design.

Called "The Shatner"

20150328_CND001_0.jpg