dachopper

Sydney to Hobart 2017

Sounds like a washing machine

Voices in the background

Alarm going offffff

WOXI arrogance is high. Let’s see if they can sail as well. Having waited this long, they might as well retire. 

Surely penalty turns for WO.  Black jack looking good now, but going to get run down by Comanche when the pressure builds.  And, build it will.

Kinda glad something interest happened with Oats and Comanche...

Just now, DFL1010 said:

Cracking replay of the WOXI/Comanche incident there. Showed everything except the important bit.  

Called wife and daughter in to watch the replay

Just caught an ad for horse racing..........

Elle Macpherson jumping

Hows the rugby

the camera girl fucking rocked the leap off off the big Injun..............  a score of  9.98

1 minute ago, dacapo said:

the camera girl fucking rocked the leap off off the big Injun..............  a score of  9.98

The arm dislocation attempt, less so.

Can not tell at all from that replay whether C had to alter course before WOXI completed its tack. Telephoto shot from behind no help either

The incident happened before the final turn mark ,correct me if i am wrong but didn't he have to do the turns prior to passing the next mark? Other wise it goes to protest preparing to be reamed lol

4 minutes ago, Rawhide said:

Can not tell at all from that replay whether C had to alter course before WOXI completed its tack. Telephoto shot from behind no help either

Live, there was no question.  LDVC had to alter course to avoid. 

Aussies do it bigger than anyone else

No room for whinging 

and back to the washing machine

1 minute ago, hoppy said:

WTF happened to the Comanche tracker??? did the camera woman take it with her?

Untitled.jpeg

I don't know but they've got Lady Bay marked on the wrong side as well.

Must be the worst start by ricko ever! And then the port starboard with the Indian.

What a disappointment to people who look up to them. I was hoping that they would win but don't think I can after that.

So WOXI blows the start, screws up the crossing and all while running the “7” logo on their sails. No doubt the ads are to distract you from that abomination 

3 minutes ago, LionessRacing said:

So WOXI blows the start, screws up the crossing and all while running the “7” logo on their sails. No doubt the ads are to distract you from that abomination 

and hasn't done circles so long way to Hobart for nought .

The infringement rule has changed over the years.

Now, if before the sea mark it is penalty turns or if you lose the protest a time penalty of not less then 5 minutes.

You should also note it on the declaration. (SI 26)

Different after the sea mark.

At one time it was no alternative penalty inside the harbour to stop stupid stuff. (like 2002)

Then it was alternative penalty but you hard to do it after the sea mark top stop congestion in the harbour.

Just now, Mid said:

and hasn't done circles so long way to Hobart for nought .

Seems to be consensus that it was a pretty flagrant and unnecessary foul. 

The replay of the protest incident has been edited so heavily that you can't tell what the hell happened.

Now we have to wait for a protest in Hobart where WOXI will probably lose. 

Two turn penalty for any infraction inside Sydney harbor.

Scoring penalty for anything outside the heads, at the discretion of the IJ.

27 minutes ago, southerncross said:

That add for the car on Comanche's main is wretched.

Are you really the first to say so?  It's indeed the definition of eye bleach , simply no class!

My annual Simpsons "Old man shakes fist at cloud" moment....in an age where every kid has a drone, we have to put up with this crap coverage and peter shipways commentary...on everything WOXI, Comanche and (with just 2 concessions) Sydney based boats...

How 'bout some coverage of the other starts? some run down on the "real race " favourites? Ok...I'll calm down now...until next year!!

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Looks like the McCartney boys either dropped a bunch of cash on 7 or signed them up as series sponsor. 

Signed up.

27 minutes ago, lighthouse keeper said:

The incident happened before the final turn mark ,correct me if i am wrong but didn't he have to do the turns prior to passing the next mark? Other wise it goes to protest preparing to be reamed lol

Pile of bullshit

Bang to rights

Get clear and take the turn

On the other hand it was the ginger one........

4 minutes ago, Couta said:

My annual Simpsons "Old man shakes fist at cloud" moment....in an age where every kid has a drone, we have to put up with this crap coverage and peter shipways commentary...on everything WOXI, Comanche and (with just 2 concessions) Sydney based boats...

How 'bout some coverage of the other starts? some run down on the "real race " favourites? Ok...I'll calm down now...until next year!!

Pile off shite as in agree

2 minutes ago, random said:

After LVD Deviated course, footage from WO clearly shows that they were overlapped to windward, evidence that there would have been contact if they had not altered course.

so penalty woxi

The Clipper boats are built like brick shithouses, made that way to not break in the middle of an ocean storm, speed is way down their list with their design priorities. Me thinks their mast was profiled off a power pole.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hoppy said:

Switched over to the cricket to see David Warner on 99 and make a complete balls up of a shot, falling on his knees in disgust as he got caught. Only to be called back because it was a no ball.

England LOL

prefer the rugby myself - even league...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, southerncross said:

Seeing an add for Super Foilers here.

Was that the most lame advert ever? I snored thru the second part - but what i saw showed some pickle fork on stalled foils, then a nosedive and a clown trapeezing thru the air....barely foiling and nuthin super. Bring back the 18's with the "beep" free audio for a larf!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LionessRacing said:

A lot of ego in Ricco's decision making there. When do they find out re the penalty?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrafirma said:

A lot of ego in Ricco's decision making there. When do they find out re the penalty?

DSQ - left it too late to take a turn

1 minute ago, random said:

Read that, but it was a port starboard whatever the rules say.

I posted it so people could read about the potential penalties.  Hopefully everyone agrees it's clear-cut that WOXI is in the wrong.  I can't imagine anyone arguing otherwise successfully.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LionessRacing said:

With a rank amateur start and a blatant P/S infringement....Ricko's hair is gunna need some touching up before Hobart town interviews........

Spectacular scenes & cool boats....we in the colonies are grateful for any coverage we can get.  And you blokes get to watch foilers on TV?  Sheet!  Oh well, back to the endless drivel of hot rod car rebuild shows.

Youtube is showing: This video contains content from the PGA European Tour, who has blocked it on copyright grounds. 

Does anyone have a working link for the replay?

Get it together CYCA!

2 minutes ago, random said:

So the rules do not provide for DSQ, just a time penalty?

That means that it is possible to get a largish time penalty and still finish in front of the boat you infringed?

Jury can still dsq if they think it's warranted. WOXI could have done penalty turns and still beaten Commanche at Hobart, so no different than time penalty. Penalty is likely harsher than doing turns. 

Richo has never gotten over the fact that WOXI is no longer the top dog in the biting order in the StH and drives the boat with a large chip on his shoulder.

2 minutes ago, eastern motors said:

Anywhere to watch the start replay?

I think a replay will show up on YouTube.

20 minutes ago, LeKa said:

From the limited footage shown, I think WO may be ok. 

I take it there may be something in the amended regs you are aware of, I only had a very quick look.

Replay of incident definitely edited.  Agree straight P&S incident. From what we saw Comanche altered course to avoid WOX11.

Still disgusted at not only 7 coverage but media in general....don't they know anything about the Volvo ???? :angry:

Just about rum time......

Cheers,

Jim B)

1 minute ago, southerncross said:

I think a replay will show up on YouTube.

See above. Looks like it got blocked by a bunch of golf blokes. 

3 minutes ago, yoyoboy said:

Jesus wtf is so hard about getting your video up

3 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Tom Addis/BJ only one in fleet going right of the thumb line...good call providing the breeze backs to schedule.

what's a thumb line ? sounds sexy.

4 minutes ago, yoyoboy said:

Yeah , what's up with that? Doesn't look like golf to me.? Worked for a while here

8 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Tom Addis/BJ only one in fleet going right of the thumb line...good call providing the breeze backs to schedule.

I noticed that too. It's not like there is no breeze in there, must be missing something here.

Dorade is even with Kialoa II, both a bit north of Bondi Beach, ahead of 30+ boats.

^^

current , traditionally out a bit wider .

2 minutes ago, Ozee Adventure said:

I found this one incase its blocking

Thanks. This is showing up everywhere, it's the full replay that isn't available. 

Out of all WOXI's options leading into and during that sequence, isn't tacking directly in front of Comanche the worst possible option? If she had held the cross, whether she fouled or not, it would have not put the boats as close as they came. Comanche would have ducked her and protested. I feel like that would have been more forgiveable. Deliberately tacking there just looked bad. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the replay.  so wtf, they were crossing clearly and tacked in exactly the only place that was fucked up?

8 minutes ago, ~HHN92~ said:

I think if Comanche does not alter they plant the prod up Richo's backside...

born out by their wake , WOXI is foked

19 minutes ago, Ozee Adventure said:

I found this one incase its blocking

That looks bad for WOXI.

24 minutes ago, ~HHN92~ said:

I think if Comanche does not alter they plant the prod up Richo's backside...

If the owner was driving that probably would have happened. A dick move in a small boat, in a 100' fuckin  dangerous and one that Richo doesn't want to own, despite the consequences in the protest room. Hope the jury serve him up a lesson.

meanwhile change at the top

WOXI ,

LDV Comanche

Black Jack

21 minutes ago, Captain Jack Sparrow said:

Out of all WOXI's options leading into and during that sequence, isn't tacking directly in front of Comanche the worst possible option? If she had held the cross, whether she fouled or not, it would have not put the boats as close as they came. Comanche would have ducked her and protested. I feel like that would have been more forgiveable. Deliberately tacking there just looked bad. 

last thing WOXI should have done was tack .

Looked like Richo panicked and did what he should have done a couple of boat-lengths prior. I don't think there was any method in the madness. 

Don't these WOXI guys actually ever sail boat for boat?  Or is all about tablets and targets and sail cross overs.  It was simple boat-for-boat stuff.  There were no trees coming out of the front of Comanche's jib.  Ergo, not crossing.  So have a plan.  Big duck going the right way or tack early and go the wrong way. Instead, the WOXI brain trust froze and sailed on hope.  And then panicked.  Not an impressive look.  

Seems like Spithill just might have timed his tack away from BJ to force WOXI make a decision.  That might have come from just a few previous bits of experience, no?  Challenge the abilities of the boat speed guys to actually race their boat?