dachopper

Sydney to Hobart 2017

Just now, savoir said:

What was the penalty on Spithill for deliberately hunting ?

Something ?  Anything ?  Yoohoo !

You were obviously watching a different video

Just now, MR PLOW 270 said:

We all know who is the faster boat though. 

The boat that crossed the line first

Remember Mr Elvstrom Mr Plow

2 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Alright, I'm hitting the sack and avoiding the next 3 pages of butt-hurt boyz posts.

Have to be quick RKoch they've started already

1 minute ago, MR PLOW 270 said:

I'd have to say WOXI is quite a boat and they sailed well.             .....still want to know what the WOXI braintrust had in mind.   :rolleyes:

I hope for Richo's sake, the WOXI brand and memory of his old boss, he is more circumspect with his utterances shortly at the Meet the Press, than the arrogant comments he made about the pending protest when stepping off the boat.

It was hard to find one more idiotic than this. (my emphasis)

“I think we were totally innocent at the incident at the start. It is not the America’s Cup, it is the Hobart. The rules are different. I am not concerned at all.”

A good lesson for anyone heading to the Jury Room...keep your bloody mouth shut.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, savoir said:

What was the penalty on Spithill for deliberately hunting ?

Something ?  Anything ?  Yoohoo !

...you need to study up on that.   ;)

4 minutes ago, Zonker said:

I wonder why the people who say "well it's the beginning of a 600 mile ocean race so you shouldn't protest"... or the like feel that the length of the race matters to the rules?

If oats had of nailed the start, the incident wouldn't have occurred......

• Like 1

Breaking News: Wild Oats XI penalised one hour because jury has found she did not keep clear of LDV Comanche at Sydney Heads and did not do a two-turn penalty as required by the rules. This hour penalty is longer than the 26 minutes that separated Wild Oats XI and LDV Comanche.

https://www.facebook.com/RolexSydneyHobart/?hc_ref=ARRQez0KVCULWkS_pk8uy047eglAcN-S3xHiMGMoPcsRnfXzwelkUmUHo7ik9rbnNjg&fref=nf

-MH

Just now, couchsurfer said:

...you need to study up on that.   ;)

But but but . .  . . . he HAD to be hunting . . . . . . .  the WOXI fanboys said so.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, richiec said:

It was a Class A cock move by Spithill in the context of a 600 mile ocean race. He DID go hunting - that much is clear from the wake of the boat and the clearly audible comments coming off that boat. This is not the AC - over in 30 minutes, or some shits'n'giggles match race in Elliott 7's with rubber dongers on the bow. There are close to 40 people on those boats and fuck knows... what?  30+ million dollars worth of boats? What fuck head goes looking for a 'love tap' in those circumstances, in shifty, shitty breeze in the washing machine that exists in between North and South Head in Sydney Harbour? Pretty much every skipper I've ever sailed with (and tactician), would have waived the bastards through and left it on the race course. Cooney should have over ruled the protest on the boat IMO and order the red flag rolled away. Beat the enemy on the water. 

Yes, there ARE fucking cattle stations on the line in terms of the money dropped on these campaigns, but Comanche ought to have let it go. It's a fucked up way to win a race if Oats gets DSQ'd. The boat will live to fight another day against the Oats - and Blackjack - and Infotrack - and Scally - and CQS (if she makes it back here) - and who knows? Maybe someone will try and make something of Leopard? Or even Rio? We should celebrate the fact that many of these 100ft boats are in Aussie hands - and in the same pond - and we have many more salivating contests to look forward to. 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Just now, HILLY said:

Oats given 1 hr penalty, second fastest boat wins hollow victory.

Hardly hollow, they sailed within the rules, WOXI didn't. If WOXI had NOT been protested THEIR's would have been the hollow AND undeserved victory.

I really don't get the concept that winning by breaking the rules is cool and that winning by exercising your rights under the rules is not cool?

No wonder our sport is not booming.

SS

• Like 22

4 minutes ago, MR PLOW 270 said:

Assuming they were not cheating some other way, alongside the flagrant disregarding of the rules? I mean, ya gotta wonder if they were happy to cheat in such a public way, what were they doing that couldn't be seen. Thats always the question in my mind when I observe those who feel like they are above the rules the rest of us abide by.

• Like 5

Richo sulks on National TV.

Richos minder has to congratulate Comanche to save Richos arse.

Richo skulks off and leaves the minder to front the press.

Funny stuff.

Well trt131 and others I'll bet you were on the Protest Committee of the YC I sailed with. There, rules knowledge was poor  and decisions based around personalities, blind prejudice and ignorance. So thankfully not all PC are made up of your ilk. Wail and moan all you like. Lesson is do your circles or keep well clear when on Port !

• Like 1

I’m glad the rules have been upheld, haven’t sailed big boats for years but that was reckless. 

Still, I watched sailer girls coverage of the Derwent live, I know who won on the water. 

Mixed feelings. 

Bottom line is he should have done the 720. 

Tough titties. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flags said:

Assuming they were not cheating some other way, alongside the flagrant disregarding of the rules? I mean, ya gotta wonder if they were happy to cheat in such a public way, what were they doing that couldn't be seen. Thats always the question in my mind when I observe those who feel like they are above the rules the rest of us abide by.

I don’t think you understand

itnwas a mistake that was against the rules

they thought that they were fine and they were not

I don’t think that they did it to break the rules knowingly

I think there is a difference between breaking rules and cheating

Richo's and Oatley interview on ABC 24. Accepted the outcome (can't be appealed so big deal). Sticking to the line they had it all under control and a matter of difference of opinion. 

The fools just don't get it.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Alright, I'm hitting the sack and avoiding the next 3 pages of butt-hurt boyz posts.

Post of the thread!

Golf clap

18 minutes ago, richiec said:

forever the asterisk against Cooney's win. Sad. Hollow feeling. Enjoy it. Warm champagne you chaps. 

does Carl Lewis have an asterisk next to his name for the 1988 100m gold medal? rules are there for a reason.  i am impartial to WOXI/Comanche, and from this perspective this appears to be the right outcome.  WOXI should have known better; a couple of minutes doing a 720 could have saved a whole lot of grief....

1 minute ago, MR PLOW 270 said:

Error of judgement was all. A fuck-up. It happens.

Just now, Sailbydate said:

Error of judgement was all. A fuck-up. It happens.

I don’t think I have agreed with you much at all in the past

this though

True words indeed

Comanche just needs to show that they had doubt that wo was keeping clear, very little onus on them. wo are screwed. Anyone on here that hasn.t had the sinking feeling that wo must have now hasn,t done much sailing. Wo should have taken turns at the time. Incredible that with the team on-board that they had they didn,t accept that they had been had. Love and learn, even at this level.

3 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Richo's and Oatley interviewed. Accepted the outcome (can't be appealed so big deal). Sticking to the line they had it all under control and a matter of difference of opinion. 

The fools just don't get it.

They haven't learnt a fucking thing, obviously. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MR PLOW 270 said:

Comanche just needs to show that they had doubt that wo was keeping clear, very little onus on them. wo are screwed. Anyone on here that hasn.t had the sinking feeling that wo must have now hasn,t done much sailing. Wo should have taken turns at the time. Incredible that with the team on-board that they had they didn,t accept that they had been had. Love and learn, even at this level.

...gotta wonder what Ian Murray's role was.... making sandwiches?  :lol:

14 minutes ago, savoir said:

But but but . .  . . . he HAD to be hunting . . . . . . .  the WOXI fanboys said so.

oops,, missed the sarcy font.  :mellow:

• Like 1

Rolex as a sponsor can't be happy about this outcome. The Sydney Hobart has gone from one of the toughest races in the world to a race which can be won on shore. Now you'll get all the top match racers in the world entering trying to milk penalties on each other at the start, cruising down the coast and contesting the outcome in the jury room at Hobart. And people wonder why sailing doesn't get the audience numbers anymore.

• Downvote 19

12 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

I hope for Richo's sake, the WOXI brand and memory of his old boss, he is more circumspect with his utterances shortly at the Meet the Press, than the arrogant comments he made about the pending protest when stepping off the boat.

It was hard to find one more idiotic than this. (my emphasis)

“I think we were totally innocent at the incident at the start. It is not the America’s Cup, it is the Hobart. The rules are different. I am not concerned at all.”

A good lesson for anyone heading to the Jury Room...keep your bloody mouth shut.

Didnt happen he tripped over his lower lip and it was up to Oatley to inject some class.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Comanche owner and new LH winner and Record Holder currently being interviewed on ABC 24...very gracious.

Is the owner of Comanche also the owner of Maserati? 

10 minutes ago, shanghaisailor said:

Hardly hollow, they sailed within the rules, WOXI didn't. If WOXI had NOT been protested THEIR's would have been the hollow AND undeserved victory.

I really don't get the concept that winning by breaking the rules is cool and that winning by exercising your rights under the rules is not cool?

SS

The sport isn't booming because the races can be won on shore. Races are won by lawyers not boats. 

• Downvote 11

32 minutes ago, richiec said:

It was a Class A cock move by Spithill in the context of a 600 mile ocean race. He DID go hunting - that much is clear from the wake of the boat and the clearly audible comments coming off that boat. This is not the AC - over in 30 minutes, or some shits'n'giggles match race in Elliott 7's with rubber dongers on the bow. There are close to 40 people on those boats and fuck knows... what?  30+ million dollars worth of boats? What fuck head goes looking for a 'love tap' in those circumstances, in shifty, shitty breeze in the washing machine that exists in between North and South Head in Sydney Harbour? Pretty much every skipper I've ever sailed with (and tactician), would have waived the bastards through and left it on the race course. Cooney should have over ruled the protest on the boat IMO and order the red flag rolled away. Beat the enemy on the water. 

Yes, there ARE fucking cattle stations on the line in terms of the money dropped on these campaigns, but Comanche ought to have let it go. It's a fucked up way to win a race if Oats gets DSQ'd. The boat will live to fight another day against the Oats - and Blackjack - and Infotrack - and Scally - and CQS (if she makes it back here) - and who knows? Maybe someone will try and make something of Leopard? Or even Rio? We should celebrate the fact that many of these 100ft boats are in Aussie hands - and in the same pond - and we have many more salivating contests to look forward to. 

Spot on. 

• Downvote 8

20 minutes ago, MR PLOW 270 said:

Just like how Lance Armstrong was the faster cyclist...oh wait..

I also want to remind everyone here that Comanche was some 3 miles ahead of Oats when they arrived at the entrance to the Derwent, some 609 miles into the race. Oats passed Comanche in the final 8 miles in 2-4 knots of breeze. I'm not sure I would call Oat's the faster boat when under moderate conditions Comanche would have easily held on for line honors. 

Oat's is the best S2H LH boat in history. But fastest 100 footer she is not. 

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rushman said:

Yes & Brindabella. 

Did someone say earlier that Bumblebee was totalled?

2 minutes ago, sclarke said:

The sport isn't booming because the races can be won on shore. Races are won by lawyers not boats. 

Your argument isn't plausible, Clarkey. We've always had sailing rules and we ignore them at our peril.

And WOXI needs to drop the arrogance.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Rushman said:

Yes and Brindabella and I think remnants of an old IOR veteran that went on the bricks on Nth NSW coast earlier in the year? Forget the name?

18 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Richo's and Oatley interviewed. Accepted the outcome (can't be appealed so big deal). Sticking to the line they had it all under control and a matter of difference of opinion. 

The fools just don't get

Glad you said that Jack. I went from losing my money on Comanche to winning at $4.00 to collect a few hundred dollars. Where is that tosser TRT131 who reckoned this  was a no incident? I will say a few things, well done Oats the mods worked better than expected. Ricco you are an arrogant bugger and sometimes Karma loves blokes like you.! Comanche got to the river  3 miles ahead and the wind did them no favours, yes thats the course and Oats beat them over the line, but they weren't the fastest boat IMO. This is great for Hobart big boat lovers, the rivalry is now going to be intense. I don't see this as a hollow victory, Comanche led basically the whole way. To win the Hobart you need some luck but Ricco doesn't believe in the Karma gods. It is what is is, don't play the game if you don't believe in the rules.! @trt131 you are a tosser.!

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, MR PLOW 270 said:

I don’t think I have agreed with you much at all in the past

this though

True words indeed

So I usually talk shit - but not that time? :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

Glad you said that Jack. I went from losing my money on Comanche to winning at $4.00 to collect a few hundred dollars. Where is that tosser TRT131 who reckoned this  was a no incident? I will say a few things, well done Oats the mods worked better than expected. Ricco you are an arrogant bugger and sometimes Karma loves blokes like you.! Comanche got to the river  3 miles ahead and the wind did them no favours, yes thats the course and Oats beat them over the line, but they weren't the fastest boat IMO. This is great for Hobart big boat lovers, the rivalry is know going to be intense. I don't see this as a hollow victory, Comanche led basically the whole way. To win the Hobart you need some luck but Ricco doesn't believe in the Karma gods. It is what is is, don't play the game if you don't believe in the rules.! @trt131 you are a tosser.!

Should be a few more than 131 eating crow.

Image result for eat crow picture

......wanna see the featherduster Richards interview before I hit the hay.   :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I wouldn’t call it cheating but it’s a fair victory to Comanche. They complied with the rules and WOXI made a judgement error in the tack and in not doing the 720. Bad luck for the crew of WOXI. I feel for them but maybe they should mutiny next time Richo doesn’t want to do circles.TIC

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ASP said:

Just like how Lance Armstrong was the faster cyclist...oh wait..

I also want to remind everyone here that Comanche was some 3 miles ahead of Oats when they arrived at the entrance to the Derwent, some 609 miles into the race. Oats passed Comanche in the final 8 miles in 2-4 knots of breeze. I'm not sure I would call Oat's the faster boat when under moderate conditions Comanche would have easily held on for line honors. 

Oat's is the best S2H LH boat in history. But fastest 100 footer she is not. 

Word sir.

36 minutes ago, richiec said:

According to the facts found, "Comanche made no discernible change of course during the 45 seconds they were on stbd prior to the incident". They mentioned that Stan Honey gave the Jury nav data(expedition files) and they would have confirmed it. 

So STFU about this hunting nonsense. Spithill saying "we might have a piece of them here" is a very normal phrase. I've used it all the time to indicate when I don't think someone is going to cross or similar. I think more than anything he was surprised that they didn't have the cross considering how easy it had looked 20 seconds earlier. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Tornado_ALIVE said:

Paper champs.... any other race and that is a DSQ.  WO lost the race fair and square.

I suspect the S2H SI's that fuck around with rules that allow penalties maybe not consistent with the infringement. Agree that without those WOXI would be then up for a DSQ elsewhere, not a time penalty.

Forget Comanche, think about every other competitor.

1 minute ago, Sailbydate said:

Your argument isn't plausible, Clarkey. We've always had sailing rules and we ignore them at our peril.

And WOXI needs to drop the arrogance.

And WO lost the fucking race at sea. 

Do the turns. 

Win. 

Don't do turns. 

Didn't win. 

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

Yes & Brindabella. 

Did someone say earlier that Bumblebee was totalled?

Didn't he replace the crew with pros last year at the eleventh hour?

28 minutes ago, richiec said:

He DID go hunting? I don't think so. You don't go down and aim at a boat's stern if you are hunting, you go up and aim further forward, more chance of a good old T-bone then. You go down to minimise possibility of  contact when a crossing boat looks like it isn't going to cross. Then WOXI threw in a tack and the rest is probably in the jury decision.

The WOXI skipper made a mistake but shouldn't be pilloried for that, we all make mistakes. His comments in Constitution Dock however were not the most intelligent.

SS

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rushman said:

Didn't he replace the crew with pros last year at the eleventh hour?

I don't about 11th hour (in professional racing terms) but yes they got Pro's on. 

1 minute ago, SCANAS said:

I don't about 11th hour (in professional racing terms) but yes they got Pro's on. 

Phil was bumped but after his ride on Comanche the other day, he has long forgotton that I suspect. He loved it.

I think in a race with such a high profile it would be justified to have jury boats out on the water with the race leaders during the in-port section of the race. They could make jury decisions right on the spot instead of several days later and could have prevented this self induced mess by WO11 imho. 

49 minutes ago, richiec said:

You sir are a person who allows your preferences to cloud what better judgement you may have.  Do you know better than the IJ?  Really?

Anyway, WOIX is a fucking stink boat.

and now you are

cute-crying-baby-e1444723335206-519x400.

1 minute ago, Tony-F18 said:

I think in a race with such a high profile it would be justified to have jury boats out on the water with the race leaders during the in-port section of the race. They could make jury decisions right on the spot instead of several days later and could have prevented this self induced mess by WO11 imho. 

And how often has something like this happened at the start of one of the major ocean races (S2H, Fastnet, Transpac, Middle Sea)... I reckon not enough time that the RC's are considering umpire boats. 

9 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

I suspect the S2H SI's that fuck around with rules that allow penalties maybe not consistent with the penalty. Agree that without those WOXI would be then up for a DSQ, not a time penalty.

yep, in fact the jury used the phrase 'in lieu of disqualification...' when announcing the time penalty

1 minute ago, Tony-F18 said:

What 1 jury boat for the 100 entrants or 100 jury boats , 1 for each, or maybe just learn the rules and sail like you've got 600 NM to go.

• Like 4

The main reason penalty turns was brought in was to give sailors the chance to exonerate themselves on the water, and not to let someone in a jury room decide their fate after the race. Richo had a lot of options when it looked like they were going to tangle with Comanche, one was to bear away behind Comanche long before the cross, the other was to tack early. Once they did what they did, and it was touch and go as to whether they were in the wrong they should have taken the penalty turns just in case.

Going into a jury room is always going to be at best a 50/50 proposition, lets hope they and others learn from this sorry episode.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Phil was bumped but after his ride on Comanche the other day, he has long forgotton that I suspect. He loved it.

Yeah was it 11th hour already booked flights & accom style or just normal picked a better team thing, not sure. 

Hopefully he gets on the Indian, I said earlier getting all pro's (ESP when you have a team already) is a bit like someone borrowing your boat but asking you to come along but I guess he wanted to spend another 1% and go for the win. 

Love how the Oats fan boys reckon Comanche went hunting? You can't be serious watch the replay. Ricco fucked up in 3 ways, accept reality

1. Ricco made a judgment error, happens to blokes who yell at their crew

2. Did no penalty turns because arrogance says why bother?

3. He then mouthed off prior to the hearing

They are the facts don't try and reverse the blame

• Like 5

1 minute ago, SCANAS said:

Yeah was it 11th hour already booked flights & accom style or just normal picked a better team thing, not sure. 

Hopefully he gets on the Indian, I said earlier getting all pro's (ESP when you have a team already) is a bit like someone borrowing your boat but asking you to come along but I guess he wanted to spend another 1% and go for the win. 

I think when you buy Comanche you buy Casey Smith too. Probably the best BC around. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sclarke said:

You are stupid.....kept it simple for you. Cheers,

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shanghaisailor said:

SS

If you think the foul to Comanche, really cost her 1 hour then your accreditation as a journalist should be revoked, you are a journo aren't you?

I am not a woxi fan or a comanche fan, but the facts stand, the fastest boat to hobart is now second, and the winner was the first loser..

Richards did not believe at the time he had broken any rules, and unlike most people here, has probably read the S.I. more than most, so by not doing turns he was willing to go to the room and take the jury's finding of a time penalty. That penalty does not reflect the REAL time loss to Com. in the incident and certainly didn't hinder them in getting at least a 10 mile lead on the run down the coast, and then losing out in the Derwent due to boat design. 

This whole episode reeks of Sagacious / Drakes Prayer protest in '85, when the h'cap winner was protested out of an overall hobart victory for a bowman touching another boat in the pre-start.  I think its the only race where first place on h'cap was not awarded. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, ASP said:

I think when you buy Comanche you buy Casey Smith too. Probably the best BC around. 

Very good point mate.! So true, he is the unsung hero in the Comanche program.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HILLY said:

If you think the foul to Comanche, really cost her 1 hour then your accreditation as a journalist should be revoked, you are a journo aren't you?

I am not a woxi fan or a comanche fan, but the facts stand, the fastest boat to hobart is now second, and the winner was the first loser..

Richards did not believe at the time he had broken any rules, and unlike most people here, has probably read the S.I. more than most, so by not doing turns he was willing to go to the room and take the jury's finding of a time penalty. That penalty does not reflect the REAL time loss to Com. in the incident and certainly didn't hinder them in getting at least a 10 mile lead on the run down the coast, and then losing out in the Derwent due to boat design. 

This whole episode reeks of Sagacious / Drakes Prayer protest in '85, when the h'cap winner was protested out of an overall hobart victory for a bowman touching another boat in the pre-start.  I think its the only race where first place on h'cap was not awarded. 

Enough of the knob polishing

31 minutes ago, sclarke said:

Races are lost by arrogant cunts who fail to do penalties when they should.

The sport isn't booming because the people who own 100 footers that need motors running to sail, have taken all the money from those who would have bought their children a sabot, but can't now.

• Like 2

I still believe WOXI thought they'd get waived through because they had picked up 8 spots in minutes. They got the hail which surprised them a bit (yes you will all say they should know Spithill would give you no quarter & they should know better) they hesitated, and fucked it up. Honest mistake, wasn't about fucking Comanche over (or WOXI would have crossed) I think it was an extremely minor incident which had no bearing on the result & worth 5 minute you guys wanted to tar & feather them & through them out! 

I think the Jury was spot on. Let's call it an extra 55 minutes for WOXI for being stupid enough to let a jury decide. 

Flame away >>

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Tony-F18 said:

...why not just have Richards and Murray learn the rules!?  :lol:

10 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

Love how the Oats fan boys reckon Comanche went hunting? You can't be serious watch the replay. Ricco fucked up in 3 ways, accept reality

1. Ricco made a judgment error, happens to blokes who yell at their crew

2. Did no penalty turns because arrogance says why bother?

3. He then mouthed off prior to the hearing

They are the facts don't try and reverse the blame

....isn't it about dinner time in Oz?     

Image result for eat crow picture

48 minutes ago, shanghaisailor said:

SS

The sport is not booming because younger fuckers can't afford it. When will people realize this? The rich are getting richer at an alarming rate. Those that 15 years ago could afford a boat - any old shitter - just cannot any longer due to the immense cost of living. Another 10-15 years, when all the old cobber boat owners kark it - there will boats all over the place - being given away for next to nothing. I will probably own a boat in 10-15 years. 

10 minutes ago, ASP said:

^^^ This...one of the most capable and unasuming guys in big boat racing. Also the skipper of Comanche for their 24 hour mono record..but his name is missing on account Reid/Clark are on the books even though they weren't on board.

• Like 2

Ok the decision is in and no matter what you think or write, the result will not change. Shit happens.

I’m sure I was not alone in getting nagged by the missus whilst being glued to my computer yesterday. Luckily for me I was allowed a family visit to the VOR village today and I’m just dropping by this thread as I’m on the boat about to run the rain gauntlet home and give the missus some attention as credit for the next interesting discussion.

Time for us all to get a life and put this thread to bed as far as line honours and maybe the main trophy and just cheer home the stragglers and minor division boats......

11 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

^^^ This...one of the most capable and unasuming guys in big boat racing. Also the skipper of Comanche for their 24 hour mono record..but his name is missing on account Reid/Clark are on the books even though they weren't on board.

And you'll never hear a word of complaint out of him for that either. A true gentleman and master at his craft. There's a reason why the 2011/12 puma boat had no major structural damage(other than the rig falling down, to no fault of there own). 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

I think the Jury was spot on. Let's call it an extra 55 minutes for WOXI for being stupid enough to let a jury decide. 

Obviously don't know the IJ's penalty allocation. However if I was Chairman it would be 30 minutes for the infringement and then a DSQ for not taking a 720. However on account of the SI amended Rules that DSQ would limited to say another 30 minutes. So the 1 hour outcome.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, random said:

You sir are a person who allows your preferences to cloud what better judgement you may have.  Do you know better than the IJ?  Really?

Anyway, WOIX is a fucking stink boat.

and now you are

cute-crying-baby-e1444723335206-519x400.

I don't give a fuck who won. I am a fan boy of neither boat or program. I have lost a nationals championship in the room, due to what I believe to this day was a lying fucker who bent a story so bad, so have no love for the protest room process. My point was simply that it was a bullshit move by Spithill, AND it was a fucking STUPID move by Richards, all for the sake of what? This whole situation ruined a superb yacht race - period. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, richiec said:

I don't give a fuck who won. I am a fan boy of neither boat or program. I have lost a nationals championship in the room, due to what I believe to this day was a lying fucker who bent a story so bad, so have no love for the protest room process. My point was simply that it was a bullshit move by Spithill, ANS it was a fucking STUPID move by Richards, all for the sake of what? This whole situation ruined a superb yacht race - period. 

Let it be known that it is now a "bullshit move" to be on starboard and ask a port tacker give way...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, richiec said:

I don't give a fuck who won. I am a fan boy of neither boat or program. I have lost a nationals championship in the room, due to what I believe to this day was a lying fucker who bent a story so bad, so have no love for the protest room process. My point was simply that it was a bullshit move by Spithill, ANS it was a fucking STUPID move by Richards, all for the sake of what? This whole situation ruined a superb yacht race - period. 

It was ruined by a stupid brain fart by the WO skipper.

Don't let your loss in the Room make you bitter and twisted about the RRS.  They are beautiful in their simplicity.

20 minutes ago, HILLY said:

That penalty does not reflect the REAL time loss to Com.

It reflects a realistic penalty for failing to follow the rules, failing to realise you had broken the rules, and failing to do a 720. DSQ would be more appropriate but they got 2nd. Very fair to WOXI.

• Like 3

Sha