• Announcements

    • Zapata

      Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

      Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
dachopper

Sydney to Hobart 2017

Recommended Posts

On 7/19/2017 at 11:59 PM, LB 15 said:

It will need to take Pilot at the fairway buoy. 

Comanche finally on the move? JC finally getting serious about the America's Cup... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clean called me an 'occasional shit poster' and I am deeply offended. There is nothing 'occasional' about my shit posting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Bit of respect Clean please.. that should read Mr Snarky Lonely Boy 15...but I'm glad you scrubbed that bit where I said some 100' owner had a small dick.

he was running short on content. LB fit the bill , very well .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, bigrpowr said:

he was running short on content. LB fit the bill , very well .

Na I think clean is just being snarky himself. His skin is getting as thin as his hair. He might be putting it up their so one of his Billinaire mates can sue me for deformation.

Hey he is a lawyer- maybe I can brief him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it's finally been confirmed. 

SA n00b Graceful Lady caught sight of the old Comanche while cruising up the Brisbane River in Queensland this past weekend, and while forum posters in the ever-popular annual Sydney Hobart thread would have known more than two weeks ago that Jim and Kristy Clark’s Hobart winner has been chartered out to Neville ‘Croaky’ Crichton of Alfa Romeo fame, few will know that Nic Douglass reported today that Brindabellaowner Jim Cooney is the new owner of the fastest offshore monohull on the planet!

Occasional shitposter Lonely Boy 15 has his own snarky take on the harbor gossip for the 2017 Sydney Hobart.  None of the opinions in the following are accurate, true, or ours:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Na I think clean is just being snarky himself. His skin is getting as thin as his hair. He might be putting it up their so one of his Billinaire mates can sue me for deformation.

Hey he is a lawyer- maybe I can brief him.

 

oh for sure, he's just lacking content, and using the content you make, and at the same time denouncing it .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, terrafirma said:

So it's finally been confirmed. 

SA n00b Graceful Lady caught sight of the old Comanche while cruising up the Brisbane River in Queensland this past weekend, and while forum posters in the ever-popular annual Sydney Hobart thread would have known more than two weeks ago that Jim and Kristy Clark’s Hobart winner has been chartered out to Neville ‘Croaky’ Crichton of Alfa Romeo fame, few will know that Nic Douglass reported today that Brindabellaowner Jim Cooney is the new owner of the fastest offshore monohull on the planet!

Occasional shitposter Lonely Boy 15 has his own snarky take on the harbor gossip for the 2017 Sydney Hobart.  None of the opinions in the following are accurate, true, or ours:

This can only be good news......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, bigrpowr said:

oh for sure, he's just lacking content, and using the content you make, and at the same time denouncing it .

Nah, scoter and clean pay me a fortune to start shit fights on the forums. I think I can hear the car with the hookers and blow pulling into my driveway as I type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Nah, scooter and clean pay me a fortune to start shit fights on the forums. I think I can hear the car with the hookers and blow pulling into my driveway as I type.

Yep, they just left here. Happy slops!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure the only sound LB hears are the noises his wife's BMW X5 makes, loaded with groceries, when it pulls into the driveway. He gets it confused because he's busy closing those chat pages he & JS talk sailing over 24/7. They've got a lot to talk about because LB sails 366 days a year & JS hasn't been on a boat since he was the sewer rat on croaky's 49'r in 1994. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

JS hasn't been on a boat since he was the sewer rat on croaky's 49'r in 1994. 

You know absolutely fuck all Scanas..it was a Frers 43', it was 1984 and the only rat going around was in my pants....how old are you now???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a twinkle in my fathers eye in 1984' but I'm old enough to know you need to go for a sail mate. I don't know anyone following every race on the planet at once. You need a good oversize kite & a missing winch handle pronto! If you are really bored, how about we put an Aussie Entry into the Mini Tranast. I just need a rich benefactor to spot me 40k. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

I was a twinkle in my fathers eye in 1984'

Oh fuck ...the year I put all my surplus money into only buying extra rubber bands for the kites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SCANAS said:

I'm pretty sure the only sound LB hears are the noises his wife's BMW X5 makes, loaded with groceries, when it pulls into the driveway. He gets it confused because he's busy closing those chat pages he & JS talk sailing over 24/7. They've got a lot to talk about because LB sails 366 days a year & JS hasn't been on a boat since he was the sewer rat on croaky's 49'r in 1994. 

Actually I keep the mouse hoovering over the close button on the pornhub page in case she pulls up in a hurry. She hasn't been the same since I hired that kiwi cunt to paint the porch out the front and he came in and said' Its all done and anyway it isn't a porch - its a BMW.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will start favourites off course. Oats has lost some of their light air speed and Comanche have improved in this area. Oats needs to finish this race. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terra the odds for Comanche will initially blow out when the bookies find out Kenny is not invited to the Indian party. That's the time to plonk your money down before they tighten.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be pretty silly to not have him on the boat along with Casey & Stan Honey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SCANAS said:

Be pretty silly to not have him on the boat along with Casey & Stan Honey. 

Croaky may have asked them but weren't available? Would have thought Croaky would have to have someone like Casey at least. How do we know if he hasn't as crews aren't announced as far as I know? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

Entry still says Jim Clark W/ Ken Read. Be mad to get them though. 

I'm sure Croaky will have some Comanche brains on board.  Especially if Jack's cartoon is correct. :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Terra the odds for Comanche will initially blow out when the bookies find out Kenny is not invited to the Indian party. That's the time to plonk your money down before they tighten.

 

Bookies wont know who Kenny is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

Entry still says Jim Clark W/ Ken Read. Be mad to get them though. 

 

The list you see there is the pretty website one for marketing etc, check out this "working" list for more detail, https://www.topyacht.com.au/db/aus/entrants_display.php?EventID=776

Comanche shows, Casey Smith, Stan Honey, James Spithill, among some other big names...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Keep a weather eye out for a Knight who drives a Range Rover needing to freshen up his big mono driving skills.

Jim Hardy is doing the Hobart again? No couldn't be him. Peter Blake? Wait...forget I said that. Coudn't be Kiwi Russ, no one could afford him. Julian Knight maybe? Are they letting him out on Boxing day? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ockaroo said:

 

The list you see there is the pretty website one for marketing etc, check out this "working" list for more detail, https://www.topyacht.com.au/db/aus/entrants_display.php?EventID=776

Comanche shows, Casey Smith, Stan Honey, James Spithill, among some other big names...

 

 

Ah cool. Don't know my Topyacht log in, don't own a boat & im pretty sure I'm not on the list so I'll have a look some other time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Jim Hardy is doing the Hobart again? No couldn't be him. Peter Blake? Wait...forget I said that. Coudn't be Kiwi Russ, no one could afford him. Julian Knight maybe? Are they letting him out on Boxing day? 

CQS Sir Michael Spends-a-lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Julian Knight maybe? Are they letting him out on Boxing day? 

If so he wouldn't complain about freeze dried or getting butt fucked by the K1's plus be the only one in the fleet who doesn't duck when the start gun sequence goes off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

If so he wouldn't complain about freeze dried or getting butt fucked by the K1's plus be the only one in the fleet who doesn't duck when the start gun sequence goes off.

It would be interesting to have Julian compare a life aboard during a Hobart race to life in Jika Jika. I have long held the view that if prisoners were sentenced to going up wind in a race boat for 4 days there would be outrage among the hand wringers. For one thing many of the crew would make Chopper Read look like a male model and a model citizen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SCARECROW said:

Bookies wont know who Kenny is.  

The bookies got smart last year. 2015 I had a good go of a huge $300. I had 5 bets & 4 came off, Maserati to beat BJ, Rags to beat Ram88 etc got almost $2200  

Last year the odds were $1.50 this $1.60 that. Not worth it. I suspect a whole bunch of us made a few $$ of them & they hired someone last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SCANAS said:

The bookies got smart last year. 2015 I had a good go of a huge $300. I had 5 bets & 4 came off, Maserati to beat BJ, Rags to beat Ram88 etc got almost $2200  

Last year the odds were $1.50 this $1.60 that. Not worth it. I suspect a whole bunch of us made a few $$ of them & they hired someone last year. 

How much did you drop on us in this years Keppel race?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

For one thing many of the crew would make Chopper Read look like a male model and a model citizen.

Chop Chop would have made a great Watch Captain though....especially if Neville Bartos was doing bow.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

I had an each way bet a Qantas plane ticket. 

I put everything on the nose of Freemans wife's car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone remembers NBN television from back in the 80's & 90's, they'll probably get Big Dog to radio the fleet at sunset and remind all the little kiddies that it's time to put on your seaboots and trousers and get ready for nighty night time :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, duncan (the other one) said:

One wonders what the SH disclaimers will be like by the time xmas rolls around.

This - to deal with idiots that can't dress themselves.

 

numpties.png.26d4ac21472e8c687f38f8b9bfa1d4e2.png

 

Unbelievable!  The Flinders race was like sailing at Hammo compared to the Hobart too. Soon we will probably have to pay for some stupid course attached to SSSC about putting on your thermals!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, duncan (the other one) said:

One wonders what the SH disclaimers will be like by the time xmas rolls around.

This - to deal with idiots that can't dress themselves.

 

numpties.png.26d4ac21472e8c687f38f8b9bfa1d4e2.png

 

Next will be 'it is highly recommended that crews don't let rocket flares off down below'

The point is that in days of old people sailed for years before doing their first Hobart. Served their apprenticeship, learnt all kinds of stuff and when the great day finally dawned and they came to get on the boat at the CYC, they brought along all the things that might be useful - like seamanship. With the 'I want it now generation' many peoples first time through the heads is on boxing day. These kind of people are the first to first to call a lawyer when they ladder a stocking or break a fingernail during the race. The CYC  is simply recognizing this. Two ways this can go. Either RO's adopt the commercial model where it is up to the Skipper and crew to develop and implement their own Safety Management System or they cover their own arses with paperwork and the NOR becomes the size of the New York phone book. Obviously the first option is the one most crews would prefer, but if it goes pear shaped and you wind up heading to court - better make sure you get someone to feed the cat and don't forget to take your toothbrush with you.

 

Common sense is not that common anymore and there is a reason why lawyers can afford to own big boats. The greatest risk in the modern era at the start is another boat hitting you because the skipper was uploading a selfie to their face book page. 

And get those fucking bikes off my lawn!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Razorblade_Romance said:

Unbelievable!  The Flinders race was like sailing at Hammo compared to the Hobart too. Soon we will probably have to pay for some stupid course attached to SSSC about putting on your thermals!

You think the SSSC is stupid? Care to expand on that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, it did get a little windy (35ish), lumpy (maybe 2m) and cool (8C Sunday morning).  But I understand the numpties who triggered this were on big boats that got all this after turning, and didn't spend 4 hours beating into it.

I guess we should be happy enough that none of them managed to run into the Island.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, duncan (the other one) said:

I do not think he said what you think he meant.

Ok fair enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This might change the game for some crews...

NSW boat skippers to be tested for drugs

People driving boats on NSW waters will now be subject to random drug tests, with police expecting similar positive results to those on the roads.

 

http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/boat-drivers-to-be-tested-for-drugs-in-nsw/news-story/acb5a9fc6ae7e86d16d533dc595cd773

 

'Hey dude is that a cop boat at the top mark? Shit! Who wants a drive?'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Add to this that EPIRBS are now to be carried at all times while on deck & life jackets are to be worn when the wind exceeds 25 true.  What happened to taking responsibility for our own actions.

 

TUBBY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2017 at 3:35 AM, jack_sparrow said:

Chop Chop would have made a great Watch Captain though....especially if Neville Bartos was doing bow.

 

 

Nah ! Poofy bloody actors. Time to meet the real Chopper.

 

" I always thought that cuttin' people's toes off with a bolt cutter was rather poofy. "

Ha !  You don't get lines like that from Hollywood.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TUBBY said:

Add to this that EPIRBS are now to be carried at all times while on deck & life jackets are to be worn when the wind exceeds 25 true.  What happened to taking responsibility for our own actions.

 

TUBBY

Epirb has been for a while..  but the 25kn rules is new to me - where is this mandated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, duncan (the other one) said:

Epirb has been for a while..  but the 25kn rules is new to me - where is this mandated?

Ok.. from the keelboat special regs, note "recommended"

It is strongly recommended that a lifejacket be worn by
each member of the crew at times such as, but not
limited to:
(i) When alone on deck
(ii) When the true wind speed is 25 knots or above
(iii) When visibility is less than 1 nautical mile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, duncan (the other one) said:

Ok.. from the keelboat special regs, note "recommended"

It is strongly recommended that a lifejacket be worn by
each member of the crew at times such as, but not
limited to:
(i) When alone on deck
(ii) When the true wind speed is 25 knots or above
(iii) When visibility is less than 1 nautical mile.

http://static.cyca.com.au/media/3435105/sailing-program-17-18-amend-1.pdf?

CYCA is now requiring this of all their races this year, it's a general amendment to all the SIs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, DickDastardly said:

http://static.cyca.com.au/media/3435105/sailing-program-17-18-amend-1.pdf?

CYCA is now requiring this of all their races this year, it's a general amendment to all the SIs.

oh FFS.

 

Where is that linked from?  Not referenced in http://www.cyca.com.au/racing/special-regulations/

 

EDIT: found it http://www.cyca.com.au/racing/sailing-program-2017-2018/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what they really want

 

It is strongly recommended that a lifejacket be worn by

each member of the crew at times such as, but not

limited to:

i.      When alone on deck

ii.     When the true wind speed is 25 knots or above

iii.    When visibility is less than 1 nautical mile.

iv.    When below decks

v.     When leaving the house

vi.    When driving to the yacht club

vii.   When walking on a jetty

viii.  When taking a dump

ix.    When asleep in bed

 

Note I have seen a laser sailor driving home still in his wetsuit and lifejacket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Did the language police rub out sub paragraph (iv)???

(iv) When taking a piss or a shit off the back, and particularly for those who have only one arm.

I think most boats I have sailed on would put jackets on in those circumstances, unless it was on the bay. 

Always seems silly to me that most of the time crew piss off the back it's just before they get up for a watch & hence has no gear on at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guilty too. Spent plenty of time trying to offload some ballast before I put my gear on only to have to do one after I get it all on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone please post a pic of the guys wearing safety harnesses clipping to the bar at Hammo race week about a million year ago when cyclone Arvo went through.

See very safety conscious sport!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, lydia said:

Can someone please post a pic of the guys wearing safety harnesses clipping to the bar at Hammo race week about a million year ago when cyclone Arvo went through.

See very safety conscious sport!

You have a pretty severe drinkin problem Lydia. No listed cyclone called Arvo has existed and if you mean Evan then Hammo race week must have been postponed to December in 1991 and the bar was teleported to Fiji. Fuck I hope your not a brain surgeon

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks X you saved my arse. Actually cyclone Aivu and in April 1989. Before Lydia slams me I recall that was the last year Hammo Race week occured in April before Hutch went and moved it to August and in doing so fucked up the east coast feeder circuit and the Gladstone, Mooloolabba etc went downhill after that. Maybe Lydia is a brain surgeon. Sorry mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are exactly correct it was just after Easter, arvo or aviu someone understood what I meant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.....sure was....  racing cancelled for 2 x days... boats tied to marina... crews sent to Hotel towers with masking tape for windows and beer for obvious reasons...

The floating pontoon off the main beach was left high and dry when the tide was sucked out....and when it came back in the combined float of the boats almost lifted the floating docks off the piers.... Chains just held !   all because Keith Williams 'decided' they looked ugly being so tall with the tide down, so instructed 5 ft be cut off the top !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xsailmakerSYD said:

.and when it came back in the combined float of the boats almost lifted the floating docks off the piers.... Chains just held !   all because Keith Williams 'decided' they looked ugly being so tall with the tide down, so instructed 5 ft be cut off the top !!

Yep Keefs original marina design prowess plus Floatlys add ons/marina cyclone management was finally revealed in Cyclone Debbie (pic#1). 

That said pales by comparison to the other side of the orange with Hurricane Irma in the BVI's (pic#2) and elsewhere.

 

images (96).jpg

images (97).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xsailmakerSYD said:

.... all because Keith Williams 'decided' they looked ugly being so tall with the tide down, so instructed 5 ft be cut off the top !!

It's popular with all marina owners. The coloured caps on the tips of the piles were being knocked off the top by the pontoon when the cyclone went through Yeppoon, another 300mm of surge or swell and there would have been an ugly pile up at marina management's door

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rantifarian said:

It's popular with all marina owners. The coloured caps on the tips of the piles were being knocked off the top by the pontoon when the cyclone went through Yeppoon,

Actually not the owner setting the pile cap height in the case of Yeppoon Rant. Your pile cap hight is/was the minimum set by the authorities/govt at the time it was built. The minimum height for new ones has now increased worldwide incl in QLD since then because everyone is getting more scared about global warming. Global Warming effects BTW was being accommodated for in marina design nearly 40 years ago (it was add 300mm back then) and well before anyone knew about the concept. Thank ginger beers not tree huggers for understanding that otherwise your local marina would be fucked by now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was the new section jack, only put in less than 18 months before Marcia. Maybe additions get to use the old height, rather than full compliance with new regs? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, lydia said:

Can someone please post a pic of the guys wearing safety harnesses clipping to the bar at Hammo race week about a million year ago when cyclone Arvo went through.

See very safety conscious sport!

I was in the bar that day, don't remember a photo. Vaguely remember a harness being involved but I don't think it was me harnessed. I'm thinking one of the Leroy Brown guys? We were hanging out together wondering what to do if the docks floated off (I was sleeping on the boat for that race week, before retiring to the owners apartment when the storm really kicked in).

Actually I remember said harness being clipped to a bottle of rum before wearer walked away from the bar, smashing the rum bottle and causing much sadness :(

Edited by Jethrow
additional info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mates were sailing 18's that year and had stocked up on XXXX.  Bernie Powers was staying above them and saw this and lowered a bucket down full of Powers Bitter and told them to swap it with the XXXX, He then proceeded to poor it out over the edge of the balcony saying you can't drink that shit

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2017 at 11:32 PM, TUBBY said:

 What happened to taking responsibility for our own actions.

I think you will find the answer in these two books...

11271661.jpg

 

On-the-Origin-of-Species-by-Means-of-Natural-Selection.jpg

 

 

But maybe not in this one...

3a7220_084f3e6795cd42ab944c93157dae4be7~mv2.webp

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2017 at 11:40 AM, Dark Cloud said:

How would you know your visibility is less than 1 mile, if you're offshore

You can still see WOXI?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SCANAS said:

Always seems silly to me that most of the time crew piss off the back it's just before they get up for a watch & hence has no gear on at all. 

Only for you blokes that have to stand right against the life lines :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rantifarian said:

This was the new section jack, only put in less than 18 months before Marcia. Maybe additions get to use the old height, rather than full compliance with new regs? 

Yes you can stick with initial overall approval after work has commenced. Pretty silly not to update as extra cost is bugger all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, lydia said:

Can someone please post a pic of the guys wearing safety harnesses clipping to the bar at Hammo race week about a million year ago when cyclone Arvo went through.

See very safety conscious sport!

I remember when we took Big Gaz (pre BJ days obviously) with us on the B2G and he wore his inflatable and harness to the presentation. That was in the days when it was like a girls school speech night in that auditorium up the road with no piss. The women on the door said 'You cant go in like that' and so you guessed it - he pulled the tag. There would be a swat team, a lockdown and a rule 69 if you did it these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jethrow said:

I was in the bar that day, don't remember a photo. Vaguely remember a harness being involved but I don't think it was me harnessed. I'm thinking one of the Leroy Brown guys? We were hanging out together wondering what to do if the docks floated off (I was sleeping on the boat for that race week, before retiring to the owners apartment when the storm really kicked in).

Actually I remember said harness being clipped to a bottle of rum before wearer walked away from the bar, smashing the rum bottle and causing much sadness :(

No phone cameras or facebook back then.

Thank fuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Bill E Goat said:

Mates were sailing 18's that year and had stocked up on XXXX.  Bernie Powers was staying above them and saw this and lowered a bucket down full of Powers Bitter and told them to swap it with the XXXX, He then proceeded to poor it out over the edge of the balcony saying you can't drink that shit

 

Back in my advertising days I had the Powers account for many years. The only upside of losing the account when Powers was sold to CUB was that I didn't have to drink that it anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

But maybe not in this one...

 

LB what is the deal with Chad's book , new cover and Volume 1?? Has he just chop chopped the original or this all new new shit??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

LB what is the deal with Chad's book , new cover and Volume 1?? Has he just chop chopped the original or this all new new shit??

He is up to volume four. Almost up to the 1980's now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hadn't looked at the entries for a little while but noticed that the new MAxi72, Cannonball has entered. Would be awesome if a few more of those guys Maxi72's came along. Their recent world champs were super close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wildboats said:

No 'Turducken' lining up this boxing day ?

won't get her back in time

Why be beaten by small fast boats when you can race no one and win?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/10/2017 at 4:09 AM, Vin said:

Comanche finally on the move? JC finally getting serious about the America's Cup... ;)

Lol that cunt don't pay his bills,  he's got fuck all chance of getting anyone to work on his boats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TP52 Itcybum under new QLD ownership and going south this year. I cant say who the crew are except to say that the last offshore race they did 'Boxing day' happened on the day the race finished not started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Wildboats said:

No 'Turducken' lining up this boxing day ?

won't get her upright in time

??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Flippin Out said:

Hadn't looked at the entries for a little while but noticed that the new MAxi72, Cannonball has entered. Would be awesome if a few more of those guys Maxi72's came along. Their recent world champs were super close.

I... do not think that Cannonball is the one you think it is.

Unless the new "must build in" material for Maxi72's is Aluminium....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2017 at 12:43 PM, LB 15 said:

I think you will find the answer in these two books...

11271661.jpg

 

On-the-Origin-of-Species-by-Means-of-Natural-Selection.jpg

 

 

But maybe not in this one...

3a7220_084f3e6795cd42ab944c93157dae4be7~mv2.webp

 

I think i saw Chas on Wednesday at the bar at the CYC...?      Ageing well.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Last Post said:

??

CQS... ex Nicorette, ex Yuzoo, ex Tokolosh, ex Audi Ultra Racing (not necessarily in that order).

Her defining moment in la