• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Point Break

Dog Chases Tiger Shark

These idiots must be fucking totally brain dead. Laughing as their dog chases a shark, and then cheer it on as the shark circles?..... Fucking morons!

This makes me hate people even more than I already do... i didn't think it was possible either...I'd feed that fucking skunk snatched Sasquatch with the camera into a wood chipper.

This makes me hate people even more than I already do... i didn't think it was possible either...I'd feed that fucking skunk snatched Sasquatch with the camera into a wood chipper.

butte issentte that cruellitey to animalles?

pretty sure the wood chipper wouldn't mind, although the hip bones do cause jams every now and again....

Nope..........they go right through...........never mind how I know.................

Every well rounded man needs to know things

How to change a tire

How to fix a car

How to build a house

How to tie a tie ( bow and Windsor)

How to shine his shoes

How to sharpen a knife

How to sail

How to tie a knot

How to drive a stick

How to dispose of a body

How to change a tire

How to fix a car

How to build a house

How to shine his shoes

How to sharpen a knife

How to sail

How to tie a knot

How to drive a stick

How to dispose of a body

Damn. I have no clue how to tie a bow tie.

How to change a tire

How to fix a car

How to build a house

How to tie a tie ( bow and fulle Windsor)

How to shine his shoes

How to sharpen a knife

How to sail

How to tie a knot

How to drive a stick

How to dispose of a body

FIFY :)

How to drive a stick?

I am good with the whole list - except the one above.

I can drive a Stake.

I can cook a Steak. (Though Rare is as far as I am prepared to cook them - for anyone.... especially for heathens and those lacking epicural taste)

But drive a Stick...........Ummmmm.

Please explain.

(I have ruled out cheesy euphemisms)

How to drive a stick?

I can drive a Stake.

I can cook a Steak. (Though Rare is as far as I am prepared to cook them - for anyone.... especially for heathens and those lacking epicural taste)

Please explain.

Manuelle transmittione in car dooffuse! :)

How to drive a stick?

I can drive a Stake.

Please explain.

Manual gearbox

How to drive a stick?

I can drive a Stake.

Please explain.

Manuelle transmittione in car dooffuse! :)
I have never seen dufus spelled that way! I'm keeping that one.

A stick on the tree is for real men...

3 on the tree GMC is a sure bet to get you stuck on a hill at a red light in February with a slush puddle under the drivers door..... That's why they made the Hurst 3 speed floor shifter conversion kit, which still didn't guarantee you wouldn't get jammed between 3rd and reverse on a hill in February with a slush puddle under the driver's door.

Oh come on.....when I was a rookie I learned to drive an old water tanker we had with a split rear end. 8 speeds with high and low activated by a cable lever on the stick. Or double clutching to rpm match a non synchronized transmission on an old v12 long nosed Seagraves engine company. Had one more modern Seagraves with a synchronized transmission with 2 reverse and 8 forward gears. The shift lever was this tiny little thing on the engine hump between the front seats that was only about 6 inches tall and has a throw of maybe 4 inches to each gear setting. Now they're all automatics.......good thing, I ground a lot of gears trying to downshift those things.

I'm in complete agreement with you on this. People suck! Dogs are cool. There needs to be about 7.999 billion less people on this planet. I don't think a global plague would be such a bad thing.....

pretty sure the wood chipper wouldn't mind, although the hip bones do cause jams every now and again....

Common rookie mistake. It's all about firm, but gentle pressure.

Long discussions about conservative men's fashion and obsolete transmissions. I forgot how to set dwel but can plug in the scanner or figure out which bearing is bad. Only a wood chipper for body disposal? Composting works best if you can delay his being missed by a month and have a couple tons of yard waste plus a backhoe. Burial at sea? Use burlap instead of concentrating the evidence in plastic. Don't tie him to one of your kitchen chairs, weigh it down in the neighbors chain and dump him in a lake like that guy in Alabama did, As the chair sat the top part came off and the top part of the body floated to the surface, Since it was the south dental records weren't relevant, but the chain was later retrieved and identified. My favorite is arranging a foolish stunt with an acid hot spring. Your preferences?

It's important to thread the chain through the rib cage and pelvis before attaching it to the anchor.

Don't ask.......

;)

WL

We do lots of shark fishing here- there won't be any trace of a body-

Wl nailed it/ plus ya have to perforate the body so gasses don't accumulate and float the corpse to the top-

Pffft, sealed drum, labeled toxic waste, take a pic of the listed contents first, then add the body so they don't open it for confirmation, or use small drums so the people at the incinerator don't get suspicious, know people who's last names end in ian who are in the waste disposal business. For some reason my wife has all this information at her fingertips... :huh: She can also drive 3 on the tree and 4 on the floor with a gear splitter. Still working with her on the sailing part, but if I push too hard...

How to change a tire

How to fix a car

How to build a house

How to shine his shoes

How to sharpen a knife

How to sail

How to tie a knot

How to drive a stick

How to dispose of a body

Me neither. And how does one 'shine' shoes? They're not made of metal, are they? List is suspect anyways if 'rebuild an engine' ain't there. Should probably be 'well-rounded dandy' based on that list.

How to change a tire

How to fix a car

How to build a house

How to shine his shoes

How to sharpen a knife

How to sail

How to tie a knot

How to drive a stick

How to dispose of a body

Me neither. And how does one 'shine' shoes? They're not made of metal, are they? List is suspect anyways if 'rebuild an engine' ain't there. Should probably be 'well-rounded dandy' based on that list.

That list has serious priority issues in my opinion.

Pigs would work well. Pick a holiday weekend to make sure the feed rep doesn't come around. Too much paper trail on the toxic waste, and probably more expensive then whatever problem the now dead dude was causing.

Ok Kate, Disney Prince Charming time. What's your list of must haves for a well rounded man?

Still has to make fix your car in need, fix the hot water before you wake up a Sunday morning still sticky, get rid of your last boyfriend when he gets released and becomes a problem, plus drive his stick shift hillbilly truck out of state, right? Then dress up to take you into town, The original list seems decent if biased to Fred Astaire, long dead.

Shine shoes? After growing up with a career Marine father and then spending over 45 years in one uniform or another I should have a dollar for every time I've shined boots (and some some shoes)............

Shine shoes? After growing up with a career Marine father and then spending over 45 years in one uniform or another I should have a dollar for every time I've shined boots (and some some shoes)............

I don't do video... anything on either cotton waste or pantyhose?

-DSK

jeebus you guys like to make work for yourselves. never heard of pigs or lime?

Lime leaves dental work

Pigs not only dispose of the evidence, they'll do the job for you if you cosh 'em so they fall in...

-DSK

I'm in complete agreement with you on this. People suck! Dogs are cool. There needs to be about 7.999 billion less people on this planet. I don't think a global plague would be such a bad thing.....

Well, this should cheer you up

https://gma.yahoo.com/michigan-firefighters-rescue-dog-fell-thin-ice-205607775--abc-news-topstories.html

Agreed about the dumbshit apparently hoping to film a dog getting eaten by a shark... this person is wasting our oxygen

-DSK

No, I've tried the pantyhose trick.....not impressed. Quality polish (kiwi of course) and a nice quality brush. I used three....a stiffer bristle to remove "stuff", a coarse first polish brush, second coat of polish and a second really fine polish brush with a little water. This guy melts the polish a little......I never found that hugely helpful but lots of guys did that.

No, I've tried the pantyhose trick.....not impressed. Quality polish (kiwi of course) and a nice quality brush. I used three....a stiffer bristle to remove "stuff", a coarse first polish brush, second coat of polish and a second really fine polish brush with a little water. This guy melts the polish a little......I never found that hugely helpful but lots of guys did that.

Hmm, dunno what went wrong. I used the panythose trick on a pair of boot-camp-issue boondockers for a couple years after everyone else went to Cor-Fams. You can't quite read a newspaper in the reflection in Cor-Fams but you could in a good pantyhose shine. It also would restore a shine after walking in sand.

-DSK

Hmm, dunno what went wrong. I used the panythose trick on a pair of boot-camp-issue boondockers for a couple years after everyone else went to Cor-Fams. You can't quite read a newspaper in the reflection in Cor-Fams but you could in a good pantyhose shine. It also would restore a shine after walking in sand.

-DSK

Lots of guys used them....had good results. I just didn't like the way it worked for me......of course you gotta realize....I was taught to shine my Sunday church shoes at about age 5. I was kinda settled on my method by about age 10!

I liked spit shining my shoes and boots when I was in the Army. A very Zen activity. I just used a cotton hankie, wrapped it tight around my first two fingers and dipped it some cold water, shook of the excess water, got a little polish on it and did little circles. Patience and more patience. The hardest time is the first time. After that you get a good base built up and it isn't so difficult to maintain the shine. There is nothing like a real spit shine, the Corfam looks fake to me.

How to change a tire

How to fix a car

How to build a house

How to shine his shoes

How to sharpen a knife

How to sail

How to tie a knot

How to drive a stick

How to dispose of a body

Shoe polish you ignorant twat

Should add don't be a pretender to the list too- you tool

I liked spit shining my shoes and boots when I was in the Army. A very Zen activity. I just used a cotton hankie, wrapped it tight around my first two fingers and dipped it some cold water, shook of the excess water, got a little polish on it and did little circles. Patience and more patience. The hardest time is the first time. After that you get a good base built up and it isn't so difficult to maintain the shine. There is nothing like a real spit shine, the Corfam looks fake to me.

^^^ Yup. I actually pulled my original issue low quarters (boot camp in 1983) outta my closet about 5 years ago. After bootcamp, I bought another pair to wear, and kept these shined up for my display. Spent a half hour bringing the shine back, and put them into my dress shoe rotation. They're now ready to be re-heeled, but, I plan to wear 'em for a lotta years.

Oh come on.....when I was a rookie I learned to drive an old water tanker we had with a split rear end. 8 speeds with high and low activated by a cable lever on the stick. Or double clutching to rpm match a non synchronized transmission on an old v12 long nosed Seagraves engine company. Had one more modern Seagraves with a synchronized transmission with 2 reverse and 8 forward gears. The shift lever was this tiny little thing on the engine hump between the front seats that was only about 6 inches tall and has a throw of maybe 4 inches to each gear setting. Now they're all automatics.......good thing, I ground a lot of gears trying to downshift those things.

I drove a 1926 Diamond T, 1,500 gal "pumper", with a split shift, and manual brakes..... In Vermont. It had a WW1 surplus navy pump mounted to the front bumper ,and No baffles in the tank. Learn to power slide through an icy curve on rt.9?Yes I did! I far preferred our 1960 American la France, or our 1976 Dodge. (The Dodge had a roof, and heat, other than what came through the engine fire wall!)

I drove a 1926 Diamond T, 1,500 gal "pumper", with a split shift, and manual brakes..... In Vermont. It had a WW1 surplus navy pump mounted to the front bumper ,and No baffles in the tank. Learn to power slide through an icy curve on rt.9?Yes I did! I far preferred our 1960 American la France, or our 1976 Dodge. (The Dodge had a roof, and heat, other than what came through the engine fire wall!)

You never drove till you drove a 5+4 :)

you don't have to lock it and No-One will steal it ;)

I love all animals and grew up with Labs. In the early 90's, I was on Andros Island in the Bahamas (AUTEC for the military types). I had a free afternoon and went snorkeling along the pier. While I was there, a fellow showed up with a black Lab and was doing the stick throw and fetch routine. Flipper showed up during this and the stick was forgotten. The Lab would chase after Flipper but at some point would say shit, I'm a long way from shore and retreat. Just as the Lab's paws were going to touch sand, Flipper would reappear and the Lab would head back out. Rinse and repeat about 6 times over the hour but all I could think was that these two beautiful animals were as happy as they get. I know they made me smile.

Happy and Safe New Years to All.

Oh yeah, I drove a 747-400 at 20,000 feet, beat that.

Only 20,000 feet?

With the windows open

They're automatics, sticks are too complicated for the monkeys who drive them.

IMG_1116_zpsyc1hpvyr.jpg

WTF they've upgraded to monkeys??? When did that happen?

This is the original quote:

“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”

― Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough For Love

They're automatics, sticks are too complicated for the monkeys who drive them.IMG_1116_zpsyc1hpvyr.jpg

Pffffft......not even a clutch.

Oh, silly you... There are two clutches for the differential steering system

The split shift on the Diamond T was on the left side of the driver, the regular shift on the right side. Armstrong steering, and manual brakes.

It was a learning experience.

Long ago - 1970 (?)

a friend drove from DAGO to Washington or Oregon pulling a stake-bed trailer behind an OLD AUTOCAR Tractor w 5&4

he picked up an overload of Xmass treez piled on in no particular order & sticking out like a porcupine

I doubt the dude slept any of the time with a pocket of crossroads and coffee to wash em down

so he gets pulled over with a line of other trucks entering a town that otherwise made no money (off the trees) for being over width

he gets a hand saw and an axe and chops everything hanging over

and made it home with the most Fucked up load of butchered Xmass trees anyone had ever seen = volcano tops & missing sides

Oh yeah, I drove a 747-400 at 20,000 feet, beat that.

Well I got to play in an F14 for an hour at sea level!

Pigs would work well. Pick a holiday weekend to make sure the feed rep doesn't come around. Too much paper trail on the toxic waste, and probably more expensive then whatever problem the now dead dude was causing.

Ok Kate, Disney Prince Charming time. What's your list of must haves for a well rounded man?

Still has to make fix your car in need, fix the hot water before you wake up a Sunday morning still sticky, get rid of your last boyfriend when he gets released and becomes a problem, plus drive his stick shift hillbilly truck out of state, right? Then dress up to take you into town, The original list seems decent if biased to Fred Astaire, long dead.

My well rounded man would:

Know how to please a woman

Know how to survive like James bond

Know how to fix stuff like Mike Holmes

Know how to cook at least a dozen meals

Be as versatile as Mike Rowe

Know how to grow food

Know how to behave at an embassy event

Know how to handle a sportscar

Know how to handle a sailboat

Know how to handle a toddler

Know how to handle a teenager

Know how not to manslain

Know how to grow food

Know how not to manslain

If you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,

Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,

And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;

If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,

If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,

Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,

And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling 1895

Wl nailed it/ plus ya have to perforate the body so gasses don't accumulate and float the corpse to the top-

Shark fishing???? You are dead to me and I might just kill your dog to prove a point.

Naked?

Know how to grow food

Know how not to manslain

Who the frack is Mike Holmes and mike Rowe?

And I don't know anyone on the planet who knows how to actually handle a teenager. Any "handling" would be transitory at best.

"manslain"????

Naked?

Sorry that's classified.

Know how to grow food

Know how not to manslain

Who the frack is Mike Holmes and mike Rowe?

And I don't know anyone on the planet who knows how to actually handle a teenager. Any "handling" would be transitory at best.

"manslain"????

Misplaced a "p" in there...

Mansplain

Naked?

Sorry that's classified.

I hope he made sure the seat was pinned. ;)

"manslain"????

Misplaced a "p" in there...

Mansplain

Ahhhh, I had never heard that before.

CA4YIdtXEAA8T5C.jpg

Know how to grow food

Know how not to manslain

Drove a VW bug nearly an entire summer with busted clutch cable. Easy-Peasy, just match the revs to shift up or down, and turn ignition key off in first gear at a stop light. Green light, start the engine again, rinse and repeat...

Naked?

Sorry that's classified.

So a few years ago, okay......more than a few....Mrs PB and I were sailing from Dana Point to Oceanside past Camp Pendleton. We were.......ummmm.....feeling rather.......amorous and enjoying ourselves when a USMC fighter went over very slowly.....a couple times....Mrs PB says "do you think they can see us?" Not wanting to interrupt anything I assured her..."of course not...they are way too high and fast and can't look directly down anyway, no worries". She accepted my explanation and once again, all was...wonderful. A couple years later she was telling the story to a couple very good friends of ours and he was a Marine fighter pilot. Before I could get his attention to wave off he said "oh heck no, we can see things quite well from up there". Mrs PB turned and gave me "that look". We all had a great laugh.

Shark fishing???? You are dead to me and I might just kill your dog to prove a point.

Tag n release-

Sharks rock! Love em- we've got a ton of celebrity sharks round these parts--

The split shift on the Diamond T was on the left side of the driver, the regular shift on the right side. Armstrong steering, and manual brakes.

It was a learning experience.

c'mon, at least toe&heel it...

Damn, I got Stan'd twice there.............

Tag n release-

Sharks rock! Love em- we've got a ton of celebrity sharks round these parts--

All right, you're forgiven...... this time. ;)

O search has been all over the place on the east coast... we've got a shitload of whites that they think are breeding off of sable island. There's a few pups thatve been tagged recently, which from what I know is rare for whites..

I'm all about sharks, but, if ya wanna see em, ya gotta chum... so.... yeah.

Plus, my dog is way way way too cool to hurt- he's like the worlds most interesting dog...

O search has been all over the place on the east coast... we've got a shitload of whites that they think are breeding off of sable island. There's a few pups thatve been tagged recently, which from what I know is rare for whites..

I'm all about sharks, but, if ya wanna see em, ya gotta chum... so.... yeah.

Plus, my dog is way way way too cool to hurt- he's like the worlds most interesting dog...

Well you could just get in the water with the sharks ya know... they are even cooler up close and personal.

Nope-

I'm in the water with them when I surf and I'm perfectly fine not jumping into the mac m cheese on a shark buffet.

Nope-

I'm in the water with them when I surf and I'm perfectly fine not jumping into the mac m cheese on a shark buffet.

Pussy